KimEm :: Update

Printer-friendly version

Hi all... Time for another Update....

Here are the facts as I know them at time of this posting:

  • The Cardiac Catheriation (to be done late morning or early afternoon on Febuary 25, 2008) is not to see if the valve replacement is needed. It is to see if they need to do a bypass while they are in there doing the valve replacement.
  • If she doesn't have the valve replacement done, the docs give her 18 months (give or take).
  • There is a 12% Chance she wont make it off the table, but that means 88% Chance that it will go fine
  • My friend whom works @ Deborah, as a Nursing Assistant, says that since she's worked there, no one has coded durring surgery (she's been there for several months)

Those are the facts as I know them. The valve replacement will be later this week, after a few other things are taken care of (tooth infections, more diagnostic tests, and other things).

Deborah is really a top notch care center for these types of things, and I am very happy that they are taking good care of Kim. I am still scared, and would be even if she was there because of a stubbed toe, but I would trust no one else with the care of she whom I value more than anything.

-HuGgLeS- 2 you all. And Please, keep all thoughts positive.

-Piper/PiggilyTails/One sad & scared little girl.

Erin's picture

Hugs

Wish I could reach you both with a real hug.

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

More hugs!

Hang in there! Our prayers and best wishes are with you.
hugs!
grover

Hugs and More Hugs

Having experienced the angiogram/catherization it is normally a simple process. The dental infection may be the most serious issue from what I've been told. It sounds like she is in good hands.

That still doesn't take the fear or uncertainty away. All of our heartfelt prayers and best wishes are with you.

As always,

Dru

As always,

Dru

Piper's picture

Cardiac Catherization

She's had the cauterization/angioplasty in the past. She even has a Nice stint in there somewhere. The part that scares me is the open heart valve replacement and possible bypass.

-HuGgLeS--
-One Scared Little Girl

Pipers Blatant GabyZone Plug


I actually LIKE image SIGs!


"Science is just magic with an explanation, and bumblebees are just tiny little fairies in disguise. :)" Submitted by Erin on Sun, 2010/04/04 - 6:37pm.


Kim

The good part is (from what I have been told, and my dad's surgery) those are some of the easiest of the "bad" surgeries to do and come out of. I know it will go fine and she will be okay, especially with the good people there and all around here.

While this new information is somewhat scary,

let's not forget that Kim is a fighter. She will not go into that good night, willingly. Piper, you and Pickle have been her strength and I know that you both will be with her through this whole thing.

I want you to know that I'm here for you too. If you EVER need to talk, if you need a shoulder, no matter what time of day or night it is, you CALL me young lady! I mean it!

You and Kim are a big part of my life too.

Much love and get well huggles from,
Catherine Linda Michel

As a T-woman, I do have a Y chromosome... it's just in cursive, pink script. Y_0.jpg

Good luck

My dad had his aortic valve replaced in his upper 70's with a cow valve, ironic as he grew up on a dairy farm. At almost 81 he is doing well.

Hang in there Kim.

John in Wauwatosa

Syndicate content