I often see comments about stories written on this site that are little more than a put down in some cases.
The vast majority of the Stories on BC are works of fiction and I often wonder if the person who makes some of these comments knows what the "FICTION" means.
The dictionary definition is;
1. the class of literature comprising works of imaginative narration, especially in prose form.
2. works of this class, as novels or short stories: detective fiction.
3. something feigned, invented, or imagined; a made-up story: We've all heard the fiction of her being in delicate health.
4. the act of feigning, inventing, or imagining.
5. an imaginary thing or event, postulated for the purposes of argument or explanation.
6. Law . an allegation that a fact exists that is known not to exist, made by authority of law to bring a case within the operation of a rule of law.
I for one don`t mind critisism if it`s constructive and well meaning but come on get real,
All those day time soaps are fiction do you believe them, or what about the alternate universe stories do you believe them also ?
If your going to critisise make it constructive, we`re not budding all Charles Dickens or Charlotte Bronte.