Without a Trace - Part 6: Baiting the Trap

Printer-friendly version

Without a trace part 6
Baiting the trap

JR after his mom hugged him smiled as his stomach again made its presence known and sheepishly grinned. His sister and her partner grinned and even his mom laughed, as a group they decided to head down to the cafeteria and get something to eat. They walked through the hospital corridors in an uneasy silence JR’s mother holding tight to his hand. He felt a bit uncomfortable but his Kylie side was comforted at the close contact. He had to be honest he was scared at what his sister wanted him to do but also proud.

As they walked JR stopped and gasped and looked at a picture and he made his mother and Joanie stop too. On the wall was the picture of an old fashioned plantation manor house and it was captioned. He looked closely at the picture but two words stuck in his mind “Rogers Hall”. He thought could this be the hall that cropped up in the files and with his short talk with Bill that was mentioned. He did not give anything away at first but continued his way with his family to the cafeteria and after collecting his food sat down.

“Mom, Joanie I need to ask some questions if I am going to do this and I want the truth.” He looked closely at them.

“Jonathon I will always tell you the truth but won’t tell you things you don’t need to know” Joanie replied her face as hard as his. Jan nudged Joanie and shook her head and tried to ease the situation slightly. Joanie ignored the hint and tried to stare her brother down and found she was close to losing the battle. She fidgeted under the scrutiny of her little brother his gaze seemed so intense and controlled his hazel eyes’ blurring into a light blue that she knew was the start of him doing some serious calculations.

“Sis, Mom and Jan it’s time for the truth from me,” He cleared his throat, “I have seen the files and memorised them. Even without being asked to get involved I have decided that I needed to be involved.”

The three women looked at the young androgynous man who sat with them slowly working his way through a burger and the smile that tugged at the corner of his mouth as he watched them. He could see the thoughts that were working through their head almost as if they were writing them down and he continued to smile as he ate. His mother was primarily worried that he would be harmed or was vulnerable because of the way he felt, Jan was desperate to find the people behind the kidnappings and further her career but cared for him and his sister was just generally a bit shocked that her brother could be so forceful. All in all he was pleased at the way he stood his ground he was eighteen years old not a child any more.

The table fell silent for a short while as they all digested their thoughts and JR’s mother was the first to speak and her voice was a little faltering.

“JR hun I know that you want to help others and will support you in that but you must also understand our fears.”

“Yes Mom I know and I do take that into consideration but from what I have seen this has been going on in this town for years, something needs to be done and really I am the only one really who can do it.” After that comment he could see that they were agreeing with him and they also realised he was the only one who could help. If during this he became female then it would not affect his psyche too much, if he even became younger then it would not traumatise him too much. These two facts made him the perfect bait for the trap but they needed to know how to make it so he was a target for the kidnappers.

As they sat trying to work over these facts the cafeteria seemed to get busier as the lunch staff shift came in for their break and JR saw a young nurse looking over at them. As her looked closer at her he frowned as the face seemed familiar and using his memory he went over the files in his head. That was it the missing link the young nurse looking at him was one of the victims of the kidnappers. Her previous name was James Terrace now she was Jamie Terrance. Without a word he stood up and made his way over to the nurse and she seemed to back away. The wall stopped her from backing away any further from him and JR stopped from getting to close and he whispered softly to her.

“James don’t worry I know the truth”

The young nurse looked at him and suddenly broke down in tears, without a word JR draped his arm over her shoulders and brought her back to the table. The other three looked and his mother nodded and pulled over another chair as Jamie calmed down they started to question her gently to get the information they needed.

Continued in part 7 the truth of the hall

up
147 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good Story Line

Allie,

This is a very good story line and your an exceptional writer. Please keep it up, more of the story at a time would help minimize the continual anticipation. :)

Thanks for your time and work on this......

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Deb

more comming

its the same coment some one close to me has made and well i originally set myself a limit of 1000 words per installment, The main reason for the delays in parts were due to RL emotional and time restraints the way things are going with the story the next parts will have to be longer as there is alot of history and information to be included

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

Thanks for Continuing this Story

Dear Allie,
I was thrilled when I saw part 6 posted today. I had assumed that, after going so long, that you had abandoned this story, considering how the first five parts came in rapid fire order. I re-read all the first five parts and savored this new addition. I sincerely hope that you will be able to complete the story, and I look forward to the next part. Thank you for all your efforts.
Avid Reader

That Young Man

Is taking on a lot! I feel sorry for the hall because he will defeat them.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Without a trace 6

nikkiparksy's picture

I absolutely love this story and am glad too see another chapter as it is thrilling.
take your time but looking forward for more Thank you.
Happy xmas:).

YAY ^^

It's been a while since this story has been updated, I hope you bring out the next chapter soon mew ^^

 

    I just got to be me :D

 

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

keep em peeled

there is more comming this next piece is taking a bit longer than expected as the charectors cant stop arguing in my head.Be prepared for some more questions but no answers yet because the villian of the piece is still sulking somewhere in my imagination refusing to tell thier part of the story but keep em peeled.

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time

curious kitten

It's really a wonderful story cuz. It's a totally briliant mystery. I haven't the fogiest of where this is leading.

Can't wait till your moose cuts loose with the next installment.

Keep sharing the gift. You make the world a better place that way.

Hugs and love Magpie

RAMI Just read all 6

RAMI

Just read all 6 chapters. Great story. When can we hope to see more?

RAMI