The Princess and the Plague : 7

Printer-friendly version
The Princess and the Plague

(Life after Camp Kumoni)

By Anistasia Allread

Edited by none other than Nick B

“I'm sorry, Samantha,” Jake squeaked loud enough for those nearby to hear.

Tricia released his privates. “Now let us finish our lunch in peace.”

     

duckling.jpg


“Should I know all four of you, or just one or two of you?” Erika asked as she quickly stroked her eye lashes with mascara.

Samantha paced creating a history. “You just moved here two weeks ago. Our mothers are friends so that is how we know each other.”

“How do I know you two?” Tricia inquired as she put on the finishing touches to her hair.

“Let’s keep that one simple. We met at camp,” Samantha thought aloud.

“What about Krystal and Victoria?” Erika asked. “Should I know them?”

“Yes,” Samantha decided. “We all need to know one another. It would be too hard to try and play just meeting one another when we already have chemistry and can sometimes finish one another’s sentences. If someone asks us how we know one another, we just say that were old friends, leave it vague.”

“It’s not as if they need to know all of our intimate history,” Tricia agreed.

“Are you almost done?” Samantha asked.

“I think so. How do I look?” Erika stood before them.

Samantha looked her up and down, “Dressed to make a good first impression, but not looking like you’re trying to. Not covering everything up, all insecure, but not looking like a slut. Conservative, but with a bit of fun. I think you look great. What do you think, Tricia?”

Tricia winked at Erika. “I always think she looks great. Today however, you look stunning.”

“How do you feel?” Samantha asked.

“Nervous,” Erika admitted.

“Expected,” Samantha nodded. “Comfortable?”

“Yes.” Erika smiled.

“Comfort is good, but comfort and fashionable is even better.” She looked to Tricia. “How are you feeling?”

“Nervous.”

“Shall we go and get this over with?” Samantha smiled at them.

“You know if this doesn’t work, I’ll have to transfer to a different school if not a different zip code,” Erika stated.

“If this doesn’t work out, we’ll all have to transfer to a different school.”

“Kind of like Ben Franklin’s quote,” said Erika picking up her backpack. “If we don’t hang together, we will surely hang separately.”

Tricia and Samantha nodded agreement on that.

“Okay, Leeza,” Tricia announced as they descended the stairs, “We’re ready.”

“It’s only four blocks,” Samantha reminded.

“Leeza wants to drop us off,” Tricia stated.

A few short moments later, the three girls found themselves standing on the curb in front of the school.

“Welcome to George Washington High, the home of the Warthogs,” Samantha introduced to Tricia.

“The Warthogs?”

“They’re vicious creatures,” Samantha explained. “The warthog sows are a lot like Rachel; they fiercely protect their own.”

“Washington Warthogs.” Tricia shook her head.

“If that is too horrible of a picture,” Erika smiled. “Picture Poomba from Lion King.”

“Great that is so much better; a gaseous, belching ugly creature surrounded by flies.”

“Hakuna matata.” Samantha giggled.

She guided them into the building, several people greeting her with warm hellos and smiling a greeting at the two new students.

“Who do you have here, Samantha?” a lady behind the desk with glasses inquired.

“New students. This is Tricia Patton, and this is Erika Summers. Can you get them registered?”

The woman gestured. “Sure, they can join the others.”

Behind them were a line of students sitting along the wall. Erika smiled at Krystal as her friend looked up from some paperwork and smiled at her.

“Do any of you have your transcripts?” the woman asked.

Both Erika and Tricia shook their heads ‘no’.

“Take these forms and fill them out. We’ll process you as soon as we can.” She handed them each a clipboard of forms and pens. “Thank you, Samantha, you may go.”

“Um,” Samantha leaned closer to the woman. “Is there any way you can arrange their schedules to correlate with mine?”

“We’re not supposed to do that kind of thing, you know that Samantha.” She leaned towards Samantha and whispered. “I’ll see what I can do.”

“I’ll come back after first period and check on you,” Samantha told the girls then left.

“You look good.” Krystal greeted Erika.

“So, do you.” Erika returned. “I got an email from Rachel the other day, she was asking about you.”

“I got one too.” Krystal nodded.

–o0o–

Erika received her class schedule and scanned it. She patiently allowed the front desk lady to walk her through the printed map showing her where her classes were in relation to where the office was. She then stepped out of the office and waited for Tricia to go through the same process.

The door opened and Tricia emerged, “Oh my God, that was a process.”

“What does your schedule look like?” Erika asked.

Tricia pulled it out and put it up against Erika’s for comparison.

Erika nodded. “Three classes and lunch.”

“Three out of seven isn’t bad,” Tricia sighed, finding it a bit of a disappointment.

Erika tried to look on the bright side of things. “We have home room together.”

“Second period is about to start isn’t it?”

“Yes, second period is home room, so we can go together.”

“Didn’t Samantha want us to wait for her?” Tricia asked. “Besides, aren’t you new here?”

“You’re right. Let’s just wait off over here.” Erika guided Tricia off to the side out of view of the office staff.

Tricia studied the map of the school, trying to figure out where each of her classes would be and at what times. The bell rang announcing the end of first period. Doors to the classrooms burst open as the corridors became clogged with shouts of greetings, shuffling of feet and the open and closing of lockers.

“Are you both registered?” Samantha asked.

“So far,” Erika nodded. “They still want to see my transcripts so that they can make any adjustments. I just hope Victoria can come through with a copy of them.”

“Here she comes,” Tricia warned.

“Hey girls.” Victoria greeted, “Did you get registered?”

“We need you to copy my transcripts.” Erika informed.

“I’ll see what I can do. Where are you heading off to now?”

Erika raised her eyebrows. “Tricia and I have homeroom together.”

“Which subject?” Samantha asked.

“Language Arts.”

“Me too. Who with?”

“Mrs. Anderson.”

“Awesome, so do I.” Samantha almost screeched with excitement.

A girl approached. “Samantha, who are your friends?” she asked.

Erika composed her face. This was going to be the first test of how well she could pull off not knowing anyone here. Melinda the dark-haired beauty was one of the popular cheerleaders of the school. Although she was never directly involved in any of the pranks played on Eric, she never did anything to stop them either.

“Melinda, this is Tricia, and this is Erika.”

“Welcome to George Washington High,” Melinda smiled.

Tricia and Erika thanked her.

Melinda’s skin reflected the hours she had spent bathing in the sun over the summer. Her ebony hair, so dark that it glowed blue in the sun, set off her amazing blue eyes. If Samantha was yin, Melinda was yang.

“You know, we could use some more girls on the cheer squad, I’d love to see you at try outs.”

Erika blushed. Not only had Melinda not recognized her as Eric, she was inviting her to try out for the cheer squad.

“I’m not really very coordinated,” Erika offered.

“We could always use some girls for the Rally squad too.” Melinda replied. “I should get to class. It was nice meeting you, see you around.” Melinda waved as she walked off, her hair a dark curtain of thick tresses that hung past her butt.

“She seems nice,” Tricia offered looking at the others gathered.

Samantha nodded. “She’s okay. She is a bit strait laced, but okay.”

“She’s not one of the people who tortured you know who,” Erika shrugged.

“You are working in the office this period?” Samantha asked Victoria.

“Yep. I have to start sorting through all of your scribbles and enter them into the computer.”

“See you later.” Samantha smiled. “We should be going too.”

The girls walked down the shiny linoleum hall, heads of classmates turning to check out the new students. Mrs. Anderson’s class was already filling with anxious students. Erika followed Samantha’s example and took one of the remaining seats towards the back.

She recognized most of the students in the class. Some had changed quite a bit. One boy had put on close to six inches of height over the summer, one girl lightened her hair another cut her once long hair into a bob. The cut fit her very well, and she was aglow with the positive attention.

“Well, hello.” A guy greeted, sitting himself backwards in the chair directly in front of her. “You must be new here.”

Erika nearly flinched back. She could feel a chill wash over her as she must have turned white in terror. Sitting in front of her grinning at her was Jake from the football team. She didn’t recognize him as one of the guys who duct taped Eric to the flagpole but he was one of the football jocks. He had said something to her, but it wasn’t snide or rude. She should be speaking.

“Um, what was that?” she asked.

“You’re new, aren’t you? I’m Jake. I play half back on the football team.”

What did this slime ball want? She knew that he was on the football team, well, Eric did. Erika was supposed to be impressed, or was she?

“Yes, I just transferred in.” She looked away from the arrogant jerk and tried to catch Tricia’s attention.

“Where from?” Jake pressed.

Erika half paid attention. “Back East.” How was she to get rid of this guy talking to her?

“Doing anything this Friday?” Jake persisted.

She tried to look uninterested. “I don’t know, maybe.”

Jake grinned. “We have our first game on Friday. Would you like to come and see the Warthogs win?”

Erika tried one of the lamest excuses she had ever heard. “I think I’m washing my hair that night.”

The bell rang and Mrs. Anderson walked into the class, “Good morning, I’m Mrs. Anderson and this is Language Arts. If you find that you are in the wrong class, I suggest that you save what little of your pride you have left and leave now. If you are new and are not in my book of doom yet, please come up with your schedule so that I might enter you thusly.

Tricia and Erika joined a boy at Mrs. Anderson’s desk with their schedules. She looked at each one then entered their names down in her laptop. She smiled at each of them as they were dismissed.

Erika felt eyes following her everywhere she went. It was a bit unnerving. She had to remind herself that she was not ‘The Plague’ and so far, no one seemed any the wiser. She took her seat as Jake ogled her. Samantha winked at her, a knowing, secretive wink. Erika rolled her eyes back at her.

The next few classes went much the same way. Most of the time classmates just stared at the new student; guys studied her like a piece of meat, while girls considered her either an ally or an enemy. She kept telling herself that at least they weren’t looking at her as ‘The Plague’.

Krystal was in her class just before lunch. They found seats one in front of the other up against one wall. They quickly found that their location was great for passing notes unnoticed.

“So how is the food at this place?” Krystal asked after the bell rang for them to go to lunch.

Erika looked around to see if anyone was close by to pay attention to their conversation. No one seemed to be noticing. “It’s not bad. They have a salad bar, but it’s pretty basic.”

“That sounds promising. Where are we meeting the others?”

Erika stopped in her tracks. “I’m not sure.” ‘He’ had never eaten lunch in the commons. “I guess we’ll have to find out together.”

The two girls put their books in their lockers and made their way to the cafeteria/commons. Students had already arrived and were already startling to settle in their cliques.

“Over there.” Erika pointed to a table where Samantha was waving to them.

The two made their way through the crowd. Erika felt very self-conscious as many of the eyes in the area were watching her. The last time she had this many people watching her was right before a prank had been pulled on 'The Plague'. Usually that ended up with Eric sprawled across the ground, food covering his face, arms and chest, all the while people were laughing and pointing.

Erika had the strongest desire to duck her head and turn to see if anyone was attempting to do something similar.

“So how were your classes so far?” Samantha inquired. She looked at Erika, “Do you think anyone suspects?”

Erika shook her head, “Not so far as I know. I hope not. I keep thinking that people see right through this, but so far, no one has said or even whispered anything.”

“How do you like our school, Krystal?” Samantha asked.

“So far, it's good, but I haven't seen or experienced too much other than the first half of the first day. It's kind of like any other school, I guess.”

The girls each got a salad and some fruit as well as some tea before returning to their table. Victoria and Tricia joined them with their own lunches.

“It almost seems like we are back at camp.” Victoria observed.

“I miss Dani,” Krystal sighed. “She was fun to have around.”

“Yo, Samantha!” a voice broke into their lunch. “You've got check this out. Tyler sent it to me.” He held up his cell phone. “The Plague got pushed into the fountain at the mall the other day. No wonder no one has seen him today,” he chuckled.

“That is so old news, Greg.” Samantha pushed the phone away. “You guys really should leave the poor guy alone.”

“But he's 'The Plague', Samantha.” he was confused.

“Whatever, get that out of here.” Samantha turned away from him.

“Victoria, have you seen this yet? It's hilarious,” he went on.

Victoria darted a look over at Erika then shook her head. “I've no interest in it.”

“Have you told the new girls about him?” he asked.

“No, nor do we care too,” Samantha scolded. “Let us eat our lunch, please.”

Greg looked at Tricia, Krystal and Erika, “There is this creepy little guy that goes here...”

“I said leave, Greg!” Samantha demanded.

“I'm trying to do my duty to the new girls,” Greg held his hands up in defense. “Someone needs to warn them to stay clear of 'The Plague'.”

“Consider it done,” Tricia snarled back.

“Whoa, testy.” Greg took a step back.

“Let me remind you, Greg, that 'The Pla–that Eric was my sister's friend,” Samantha snarled.

“No wonder she killed herself,” Greg muttered under his breath so that Samantha couldn't hear him.

Tricia spun around in her seat and grabbed the guy's balls in her hand and squeezed. Then raised her voice for those around her to hear, “You couldn't get laid in a blind whore house, you tiny excuse for a man.”

Samantha looked up startled and surprised. Others in the commons stopped what they were doing and looked with chagrin at the jock being put in his place.

“Apologize to Samantha,” Tricia smiled venomously.

Greg’s face, screwed in pain, blanched.

“What did he say?” Samantha whispered harshly.

“You don't want to know,” Tricia told her calmly, the turned to Greg and added some more pressure to the man's genitals, “Apologize!”

“I'm sorry,” Greg mumbled.

Tricia added some more pressure. “Try again.”

“I'm sorry, Samantha,” Greg squeaked loud enough for those nearby to hear.

Tricia released his privates. “Now let us finish our lunch in peace.”

Greg spun and limped out of the commons; his face as red as a tomato.

“What did he say?” Samantha asked once again once people began talking about the spectacle and laughing at Greg as he left the area.

“It was something bad about Summer,” Erika told her, “You really don't want to know.”

“So, what classes does everyone have next?” Victoria asked changing the subject.

The talk for the next two classes was of the spectacle that happened at lunch. Curious people overcame their wariness of new students and openly asked Erika and Tricia about the incident. By the end of school, it was rumored that Greg had gone home to ice his privates.

“Were you able to get into my transcripts?” Erika asked Victoria after school had let out.

“Not today. They kept me busy and were watching everything I was doing.” Victoria apologized. “I'll try again tomorrow.”

The girls made their way back to Tricia's house.

“How was your day as Erika?” Leeza greeted, “Anyone make a connection?”

“Not yet,” Erika smiled. She turned to Tricia. “Can I use your shower?”

“Go ahead.”

Erika grabbed her 'boy' clothes and went into the bathroom where she stripped out of Erika and hopped into the shower. She scrubbed her face and doused her hair before toweling off and donning Eric's apparel.

Samantha and Eric walked back to his house talking of their first day.

“What did Greg say about Summer?” She pleaded.

“He said that Summer's association with 'the plague' was what drove her to kill herself.”

Samantha bit her lip and was quiet for a while. “We both know that isn't true.” She looked to Eric to make sure that he didn't feel that way.

“I know.” he nodded with a bit of remorse.

They stopped at his driveway, “See you tomorrow, same time?” she asked.

Eric nodded. He watched as Samantha turned and walked off before entering his house.

His mother tried to be cheery and hoped for good news. “Good afternoon, Eric, how was your first day at school?”

Eric shrugged, “It was alright, I guess.” He adjusted his back pack and trudged upstairs to his room and shut the door.


To be continued…

up
201 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Coming to like Tricia

more and more. The girl takes no prisoners. And I guess I may have to admit that Samantha isn't as shallow as I'd expected. Of course I don't look forward to the first big school dance. Guess Erica and Tricia can go as friends. Girls do stuff like that together. Even dance in groups. Will Samantha go with a jock or stick with her girlfriends? Oh well, that's still a long way off.

Generally speaking on Tricia...

Generally speaking I've had mixed feelings about Tricia--she came across as a little too perfect. Right after Erika had come out of the closet to Columbine Cabin, a new girl is thrown into the mix which should have been a problem. Instead Tricia is one of two people to ever see through Erika's disguise without prompting (the other being Sasha), and knew more about it than anyone in the cabin. She then went on to declare "I'm attracted to you whether you decide to be male or decide to be female"--there are real-life stories like this, but it's still the best possible outcome. When Erika was injured, Tricia carefully checked about doctor-patient confidentiality before divulging Erika's gender. And of course, her house is conveniently located relative to the school, she has a sister who is trans and given adult responsibilities but willing to ally with the teens. For a while there it seemed like if there was a problem, Tricia would take care of it in the most elegant way possible (and naturally she had no flaws or troubles herself).

This latest maneuver is a little more interesting, though. Open violence is a bit more of a "act before thinking" kind of solution, and not necessarily the optimal solution to the problem. And...I really applaud this direction for Tricia--yes the audience is supposed to like Tricia (the audience is supposed to share Erika's perspective, after all), but this can be accomplished through crowd-pleasing but not necessarily ideal actions like we see here.

Flirting With Disaster

jengrl's picture

The first day went pretty well I guess. The thing that I loved was Tricia putting Jake "The Jackass" in his place. I hope he pushes too far and forces Tricia to go further and eliminate him from the Gene Pool once and for all. It would spare a poor child from growing up with an idiot like him for a father. Erika and the girls are flirting with disaster because it will come to a head sooner or later. What happens if Erika's parents expect to see a report card for Eric after a few weeks? It would be pure luck for Victoria to get in and create transcripts for Erika without someone finding out. If Dr. Barts tells her mother that she can attend school as a girl? Since Erika is already enrolled, then there is going to be some explaining to do. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Great episode Anistasia!

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Hmmm... I wonder

Is Jake ACTUALLY the ringleader or even prime moover on the Flagpole incident or the other stuff. Just a "crowd follower"... YOu know the kind... "Everyone else is doing it..." and he was strong, so obvious one to hold Eric while the real movers did the taping.

It'd be interesting if now that a "cute chick" got his attention and made him "think" about it, if he turned into a human. :-) Really confuse things. He's already trying to get Erika to go out with him...

We shall see what comes... I do look forward to Erika and Dr. Bart meeting... Hopefully the Doc finds out about the school stuff sooner, rather than later. And, Eric and HIS mom are going to have another "showdown" I fear... Over HIS going behind her back. I can understand WHY, but... *sighs* Oh well.

Thanks,
Annette

Isn't it amazing what you

Isn't it amazing what you can get a male to do or say when you hold his "future" in your hands? Tricia seemed to understand that simple rule quite well and made Jake pay for his rude, obnoxious and uncaring comments. Go Girl! J-Lynn

As the old saying goes

If you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.

I expect the team coach would object if Tricia used that "argument" on very many of the football team. :-(

First day of school jitters

Ah yes, I remember those days. I would memorize the school map before school started. I did not want to be the "newbie" asking questions where each building is located. Besides I need to know where I am going and not get lost and be late for class. Then you really get marked.

Hello Miss Allread!!!! ^___^ ;-D

Well, so far so good. Hopefully Victoria, will get the transcripts to come out right. That will be one of the biggest tests. Of course there could be someone doing an address check to make sure everything is right. You don't want an old address to show up at an empty lot in another city.

I don't want to comment about what Tricia did. Tricia said it very nicely and to the point. Yes, I will need to wash my hair Friday night. To get that jungle 'aroma' off of me from the ape that came lurking around.

Well, since there are no hangovers, I mean cliff hangers. That means my nails are fine. There is no need to chew them to the bone. I mean hangnails. Whatever... Have a wondeful week. It is finally warm this week in Florida. But I would surmise another cold front or two on the way before February ends.

Rachel

Bravo Tricia!

KristineRead's picture

Thank you Anastasia for the early gift!

Tricia just gets better and better. Rachael would have been proud of her! I sure hope we get an e-mail exchange from Rachael to let her know about it.

The girls all stood their ground regarding Eric as well, even though "he" wasn't there. I think that was important.

I wonder how long they will be able to keep this up... When will the school be calling looking for Eric, since he did not show up for school the first day.

I'm still very much looking forward to Erika meeting Dr. Barts, and the preperation that will have to go into that meeting.

Damn... the one problem with an early update, is that we will have to wait longer for the next one ;)

Thanks for the continuing story, Anastasia! Wonderful!

Hugs,

Kristy

Dr F ... errr Barts meeting

Wonder if Erika is cagey enough to get her mother to buy her some more stuff ? Using her good breast forms and maybe having her mother take them from her would not be good. She is not suppose to have any more girl stuff around at this point ... though the mascara could have been purchased anywhere.

Glad to see Tricia was defending Erika also in the guise of having Josh apologize for the direct insult to Samantha. Tricia is new though so what effect her ballsy action will have on her social calculus will be interesting.

Kim

Well, One Thing Is Sure

Tricia knows the best way to "HANDLE" a certain dumb jock. It would be nice if he and others became the Plague.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Sweet

This was nice and sweet but I thought he was suppose to go to Dr Brats that same day as Erika so why have her go and change back before going to the doctor office? Wasn't his Mom suppose to pick him up and take her over? Of course that could have been me miss reading things from the last chapter.

I can relate to this

I am "Sephrena the Plague" and yes I endure the humuliation and expense of jokes and torment from others. I endured it most of my life. Although, at least here in your wonderful tale, Erika has a group of friends wanting to be around her and protect her. In my life, I have none. TY for this great tale Ani. Im following it intensely, always comparing it against my life, or the war zone it had been.

 
Sephrena Lynn Miller
BigCloset TopShelf

Hey Ani, you really have Erica walking a razor's edge.

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

Great stuff!!

I keep waiting for the sky to fall in, while at the same time hoping a praying it will NOT happen.

Please post more soon.

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Tricia Rules!

terrynaut's picture

I love Tricia. She protected both Erika and Samantha. She's fierce!

So the deception begins. I hope it all ends well.

And don't forget Dr. Barts! I'm anxious to see how she handle's Erika's visit. :)

Thanks very much for another chapter and please keep up the good work.

- Terry

Feisty

As I realized while reading the latest chapter of "Pigtails", I find that I can be much more feisty as a Woman than I could as a male. Sure, there is the new problem of males discounting what I say, especially if I stray into so called "male" territory of Cars or my old trade, Electrical. It is a really different world now; a much better one.

Gwendolyn

Tricia has balls!

Well, she had them, anyway, for a moment there. She really knows how to get her way with a man, doesn't she?

But oh, man--I can just see so many ways this could all go horribly, horribly wrong. So I'll be sitting here, biting my fingernails, wondering which one(s) it will be and how Erika and her friends (or Eric as the case may be) will handle it. Not to rush you or anything, but have mercy, don't keep me in suspense too long! My real life has enough of that.

Tricia has OVARIES!

Jezzi Stewart's picture

Just as round as balls and just as powerful, if not more so - The female of the species IS more deadly than the male, and she has just proved that envelopment is just as good a tactic in warfare as penetration.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

You said it, Jezzi

I just couldn't pass up the joke. I had enough trouble resisting saying she had the situation well in hand....

Oh Youth!

It is amazing to an adult how these young ladies think they can actually pull off this charade on their own!! There are so many things that can unravel so quickly how can it succeed? The answer is, of course that it can't. The only question is, how is it going to unravel, and what happens when it starts?

How long before a piece of mail comes to the house addressed to Erika, or the school comes looking for Eric? Or how long before the kids start to wonder why Eric is seen in the community but never at school? How about the school records, where did Erika come from, and how long before the teachers notice she writes amazingly like the missing Eric? And how long before some love-struck boy decides to follow Erika home to see where she lives, and discovers the truth? And what about the new girls who all seem so adamant in their complete ignorance of this curious boy known as The Plague? And of course, there is Dr. Barts, Erika's mom, the eventual showdown with Erika's dad, and the whole deception thing between Erika and both her mom and doctor. Can I go on? Probably, but this story already has so many things going on it hurts my poor brain!

Ms Allread has woven a very complicated tapestry, I'm completely taken in!

Thanks again Ani, for your continued efforts to keep us all entertained and baffled!

Looking for a Terrible Fall

RAMI
The great adventure continues, but I think Carla Ann has hit it on the head and Eric/a and all of his friends are looking for a terrible fall. This will occur after the conspiracy is found out. There are too many things that can go wrong, as others have discussed previously for someone not to find out what is occurring. It is probable that while the school ignores Eric when he is being terrorized, the absence of "The Plague" will be immediately noticed and his parents contacted to find out where he is. Mom, who is struggling with how to relate to her son and his desires, and hopefully would have become more accepting of Eric/a's actions, will no longer be amenable to Eric/a's wishes. Once the discovery is made will Eric's new life become even worse then "The Plague's."

Hopefully, unlike Humpty Dumpty, who also had a great fall, Dr. Barts will be able to put Eric or is it Erica or maybe Eric/a (do we really know yet who he/she really is) back together again.

My comments not withstanding, this is a great story which I look forward to reading every week. All of the comments show that Eric/a is dear to all of us.

RAMI

I Love this story

I wanted to add to the many complements! I simple love this story. I am so happy the you contined it from Camp K! I for one am on the edge of my seat awaiting the next chapter. Thanks for the fun reading!

Lana Lund

Lana Lund

Another View of the Tricia/Jake Incident

In the context of fiction, this is a great scene, and it was a lot of fun. Certainly, Jake earned any pain and discomfort involved.

But, in the interest of realistic fiction, I'm thinking about what might happen in real life. This is not to say it's going to happen in this story, or even that it should. I'm just playing devil's advocate here. Tricia touched Jake's privates, through his clothing, but touched them nonetheless. Most schools, besides civil law that applies to them outside of school, have a sexual harrassment policy that applies to student behavior. For whatever reason, regardless of circumstance, I'm somewhat confident that the school policy would prohibit such contact.

While Jake is quite unlikely to go complaining to school authorities about this incident, it's entirely likely that someone else might, perhaps another girl, or another member of the football team. Faced with such a complaint, and given other rules about equal treatment of boys and girls, a school administration might just find that they had to respond to it. Anyway, not predicting, not suggesting, just kicking around some food for thought.

Guys Like Jake Only Pay Attention To Physical Threats

jengrl's picture

Guys like Jake only pay attention when their "family jewels" are threatened. I agree that Jake is unlikely to say something to the principal or anyone else, because his male ego wouldn't want to admit that a girl got the better of him. I hope that it makes him think about opening his mouth or doing something stupid in the future. I doubt it though!

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Your thoughts

along the harrassment charge could be consistent with the plot, given that Tricia is a friend of Eric/Erica, and nothing ultimately seems to go well for him/her. Tricia being associated with 'The Plague' in any form could get her marked as 'infected' too when her secret inevitably is revealed.

But somehow, I think not. At THIS school, everyone seems to look the other way as poor Eric is terrorized, so to be consistent with that attitude, a girl doing something like this would just seem to be "getting Jake's attention." Of course, the buzz about the incident is all over the school, but nobody is going to report it, and least of all Jake. The school officials won't pursue either unless pressed, it's just more paperwork!

Unfortunately though, I think Trish did get Jake's attention, and he's going to be looking more closely at Trish and her friends. That can not be good for Erika.

Of course, with all the twists and turns we've already seen, who knows? One thing is certain, we'll be surprised by it! :-)

Hugs
Carla

...

what kind of school is this that they just let any kid off the street to register on the first day of class without a parent? I've never heard of anything like that. And they get it done in just one class period? Where I come from the parents have to register their students before classes begin and they have to put aside several hours for the registration process.

Trouble

I keep waiting for the shit to hit the fan and someone to get caught.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna