Dear Diary : 2007-11-06

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Tuesday, 6 November, 2007

Dear Diary

Oh, good. I did have this in my backpack. It's so boring here. On TV, police stations are all kinds of drama or funny or exciting. In real life, though, they're just... boring.

And I have to keep my mind off of this disaster

Now that I have something to do, I'll be fine though.

Oh, yeah, so it's like nearly 7 o'clock and we've not had dinner, so Mom'll likely talk dad into dinner out when we leave, but still...

There's just too much that's happened. Mom thinks I may be in shock over things, so we're likely gonna go by the hospital and I'll be poked at for awhile.

It's just not fair. I was just getting used to it.

Okay, here's what happened:

After school yesterday, it was announced that I was the Freshman starter for the Aca-Deca! Okay, so practice every day after school.

Well... that seems to have been too widely known a fact.

Remember the widgy dude outside of ballet on Saturday? Well... I didn't see him.

Yeah.

He was waiting around the corner for me and before I could even take a breath to scream or whatever he'd slapped tape over my mouth, wrapped more around my hands and feet, and put me in a van. I was so scared. I was struggling, trying to get loose, and then I heard a voice I knew.

Like this is going to help me at all.

Grandma Thatcher.

Yeah.

So, apparently when she got out of jail, Grandpa filed for divorce. After like, nearly 35 years married!

Guess who she blames?

Oh, not ME... nope. She blames her grandson Ethan.

And now everyone will know.

You see, she's convinced that Ethan is a pervert and that he has corrupted his grandfather.

Yeah.

So, by making me "see the truth" that I'm really Ethan, she hoped she could save her marriage.

That was when the guy got in the driver's seat and started the van.

I was more scared now than when I thought it was just some random guy, especially when she told him, "Meet my grandson, Ethan." The guy started laughing and talking about how he "got it" now and that she was trying to cure her grandson.

That's when something landed on the roof.

I'd be fine with that nickname now, I think.

And then things really got hectic.

An airhorn started going off about every few seconds.

I didn't know what was going on, but I was suddenly hopeful, because I could hear police sirens. The guy sped up and it rolled me around in the back, but he was cussing under his breath. Grandma Thatcher was screaming at him and I was suddenly... calm.

Anyway, things got confusing as I was just trying to keep from burying my face in the floor. That's not all that easy with your arms and legs all tied up.

And then there was cops and they were carting away Grandma and the widgy dude and one cop was talking to Matthew... sternly.

Yeah.

He was waiting for me, and saw the whole thing, and called the cops. He climbed a tree and jumped on top of the van. He was the thump on the roof.

And...

Well...

I guess it was kind of inevitable...

I haven't gotten to talk to him...

But from what I heard the cops talking about...

And the way he looked at me...

I'm pretty sure...

He heard everything.

Courtney

up
32 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ooops..

We'll see now... Things just took a real twisty turn.

Thanks,
Annette

Hurray for Matthew!

terrynaut's picture

I'm not sure if he was brave or stupid but at least he got the job done. He saved his true love, only now we find out if she really is his "true" love. I hope all turns out well for everyone involved, except maybe the widgy man.

Thanks and please keep sneaking us peeks in the diary. :)

- Terry

OMG courtney

OMG Courtney, are you allright? I'd be peeing my panties if something like that happened to me. Just because you THINK Matt knows, doesn't mean that he does. If he was on top of the van, then it would have been hard to have heard anything with the wind rushing by his ears and over the airhorn. I hope you get something to eat, soon. I'd think a long soak in a bath is called for at this point.

snoops

Nice twist!

Just as it was going along very nicely, you had to threw a punch! It will be interesting to read about Mathews reaction if he really heard what was said in the van.

The only thing I wasn't quite sure of was kidnapping part. I mean I would have expected a grazy grandma simply to come to school and pull down her skirt and panties while shouting "look at the freak" or something. It is far easier to do than a kidnapping. But now we have a kidnapping so I am eagarly waiting for more!

Hugs,
Sissy Baby Paula and Snowball (my toy puppy)

Did mom or the court go light on grandma?

I mean she had kidnapped her before, though somewhat less forcibly but she did hack up her hair and scream abuse at her when caught.

Was that dismissed or reduced to domestic assault and as long as she obeyed the restraining order she was set free?

She got someone to watch for Courtney and later forcibly abducted her. Now that is felony kidnapping no ifs ands or butts despite her personal believe her *grandson* is a abomination and can be cured or his influence broken thus restoring her marriage. Then there is trying to flee the police, child endangerment and all with the added aggravating circumstance of a hate crime.

I think even in a marital property state acts like this might blow that out of the water. I hope the DFA goes for it all. Two charges of felony kidnapping, IE revive the earlier charges and upgrade them as they show this is a pattern and clearly premeditated. She violated a court order, contempt of court is punishable by imprisonment for an indeterminate length and I hope she is put in the gernal jail/prison population despite her age.

Then there is her conspirator, from her church or what? Will he turn states evidence on her. And the family should go to the jail and cut her a new as***le, I’d love to hear grandpa visits her in jail and shows her her torn and burnt wedding dress, photos, etc, IE as she has destroyed their marriage, he wants no memories of it and she isn’t getting any either. I love to see her children come as a group and all vow to never speak with her again. That woman is an abomination and needs to be cured, I suggest by soaking her in brine then curing over a low fire for days.

You can tell I dislike this woman, patterned after your own grandmother, the hateful one, I imagine?

Thank god my grandmothers were nice women.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

When is Grandma gonna give this a rest?

Holy crap, now that was an intense chapter, lol.
Of course, what's happened is horrifying and terrible....and could have turned out much worse.....but all I can focus on, is.....Goober, the freaking action hero.