Topsy Turvey

Printer-friendly version

May Day Entry

Topsy Turvey
Maid Joy

The High Priest stepped up to the microphone.

"Everyone, please listen up. The Beltane ritual tonight is going to be a bit different. Normally as you know the females are the receptors and the males are the givers in the Great Rite, but this time we are going to reverse it. Tonight, the High Priestess is going to hold the Athame, and I'm going to hold the Chalice.

"Further, the decoration of the Phallus," there was some slight chuckling from the audience, "is also going to be reversed. The men will be going sunwise, and the women anti-sunwise. The steps are the same, but it is going to take some concentration to keep your mind on the parts.

"Other than that the ritual is exactly the same. Thank you."

He stepped down from the podium and I bounced in anticipation. This was my first time at a major pagan gathering, and Heartland was about as big as it gets. There had been several days of talks and discussions on just about everything you can think of, from "what makes a good Elder" to "Making your own ritual knife from scratch and what to call it".

It had been a wonderful special thing for me to be here and it was going to be even better at the May ritual tonight. They were all prepared, a new pole had been erected to serve as the May pole and I was going to be dancing around it and flirting with the women.

I felt honored to be picked for this ritual.

I was a bit nervous to hear that I was going to be playing a female part. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against those who are gay or who feel that way, but femininity was for females and males were supposed to be masculine. That's how Wicca was set up in the first place.

But I trusted the leaders and if they were going to be doing the opposite thing too, I'd trust that the energies wouldn't get messed up.

First came the protection of the Temple, done by the Priest standing in as the Priestess. I realized that they were going to swap roles totally. The invocation of the Goddess was done by the Priest and the God by the Priestess.

I participated as I could, and then it was time for the Symbolic Great Rite. Normally the Athame or ritual knife was representative of the male's phallus and when it was put in the female symbol of the Chalice, it was a symbolic sex act, generating a LOT of power when done right. This was going to be interesting.

Normally I couldn't sense a person standing next to me, but tonight the atmosphere was electric and I could feel "feminine" radiating off the Priest. He was moving smoother and softer, more delicate that one would describe as he went around the Priestess's duties. The Priestess, by contrast, seemed to be stalking around with a penis between her legs.

I had heard of the Gods taking possession of their Priest or Priestess during rituals like this, but it was the first time I had ever seen it.

The Great Rite came up. The Priest picked up the Chalice and held it to his chest between where his breasts would be. I had to blink a few times since it looked for a moment that he actually DID have breasts, but I knew I was hallucinating. The Priestess picked up the Athame and held it over her head and intoned the ritual. Then she plunged the Athame into the Chalice.

I don't think I was the only one to feel the surge or energy that came out of that simple gesture. It spread like a wave in a circle from them, encompassing everyone and actually physically knocking some people down. I had felt dizzy for a few moments and it was just *whew*.

I must have been high from that surge of energy. I was dizzy and floaty for the whole rest of the night. I don't remember much about the ritual itself mainly because I was having a hard enough time just trying to focus on what my body was doing.

Next thing I knew was that I had a ribbon in my hand. I was standing facing a nice looking lady who was going to go past me. Vague blurs of people passing me, winding in and out, stepping where I needed to, going clockwise around the pole. I looked up and saw the ribbons interweaving around the pole and beautifully decorating it.

But every time I looked at my fellow dancers, things got confusing. I swear I saw men passing me, going the opposite direction from me. I had to be careful not to step on the hem of my gown and the pace quickened.

I shook hair out of my eyes and finally was able to focus on the other people. There were now men going opposite us, and the girls were all doing the same direction I was. Somehow I had gotten turned around, but the pole was still on the right side of my body, meaning I was going clockwise still.

Then I saw my face pass me.

The bow was tied off at the base of the pole, and it looked beautiful. The wind picked up and I couldn't keep my hair out of my face.

I scraped and pulled and finally took a fistful of these long tresses that I hadn't had a few hours ago. Yet,somehow it appeared I was female.

I couldn't reason out what had happened. Soon I was in the arms of a man I didn't know. We were holding each other, kissing and stroking each others bodies. I was in shock, but my body responded, demanding I continue, my heart pounding my breasts and my belly throbbing with need and desire for him, for his Godhood thrusting into me.

I wound up out in the woods with him. Fertility rites will not be denied, and Beltane is the celebration of the Earth's as well as helping to renew that fertility. In truth, we were now acting that rite out again.

Time passed. I found the joys of having a living shaft thrust into me. I now understood what girls enjoyed about sex. And it wasn't just his pleasure, I orgasmed several times. I reveled in my body's feel, the way my breasts moved, the shape of my body, the joyousness with which I received him into me.

We made love, we rested. I held him and he held me, sheltering me. We made love again, I took him into my mouth and into my vagina, drunk on the ecstasy of it all. After a while we didn't know where our bodies stopped and where the other began.

I noted that the faces changed, probably meaning that partners shifted. Finally I was looking deeply into the eyes that were on my own face. And I was inside me, hungrily thrusting and sucking, nibbling and trying to orgasm again and again.

I had never thought about what a woman got from sex, but from this moment on I never questioned it again. He was deep in my mind, my soul and my body. And I loved it.

The next thing I was consciously aware of was the petite little lady I held, and how she fit perfectly into my shoulder. My penis throbbed like it would after a truly marathon session of deep intensely satisfying sex.

I tried to recapture the night before, but all I found in my memories was the pleasure of knowing the ritual was very right and very successful. I knew something transcendent had happened, and I wanted to remember it.

As I watched a hummingbird at a flower nearby, I heard a whisper in my mind: "If we shadows have offended, / Think but this, and all is mended, / That you have but slumber'd here / While these visions did appear." I remembered it was from a Midsummers Night's Dream, and wondered if it should be renamed "A MayDay Night's Dream".

It seemed appropriate.

up
90 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Enjoying the best of both worlds

RAMI

Our protagonist seems to have had the ability to enjoy the heights of ecstacy of both sexes. It must have been grand.

Rami

RAMI

The Rites of Spring

Good overview of how the fertility rites of Spring celebrated in the old days in the old country. Marriage vows were not applicable during Beltane and of course the King or master had his pick of the ladies. This ensured the strongest genes survived. If it took there would be many June Brides and February births. The celebrations ensured success of the crops and fertility of the livestock in the growing season to come.

Oh what a night...

kristina l s's picture

Or is that Memories? Sultans of Swing... Sultans of swing?? ...steps right up to the microphone... Okay sorry, obscure, I'm in music mode. I like the Bard tie in Joy, he had his moments I'm sure as he did write some earthy stuff. I sort of get the feeling that lot will have the munchies after a long night. Wonton anybody? Oh, did I spell that wrong, well someone will tell me I'm sure.

Nicely put together. I do wonder how such an experience might affect a persons world view. Sort of depends on the person I guess. Dream a little Dream... sorry...

Kristina

Now this is orignal!

Joy, I considered doing something on this ritual/celebration, and I'm glad I didn't. You would have whooped my butt.

It wasn't crazy, or outlandish. Totally believable! It leaves the reader wondering exactly what happened, and they can choose to believe what they want to believe. Was it a hallucination, magic, chemically induced, spiritually induced. Who knows? Perfect for this contest.

Lili

http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Well Done!

Nice and plausible story. Magic but still leaving one with doubt about what really happened. Good stuff Joy!

hugs!

grover

Late for Topsy Turvey

terrynaut's picture

Dang. I'm sorry I'm so late reading this story. I really enjoyed it. I don't know how I missed it before.

I love the dreamy quality to it, and I like not knowing exactly what happened. A little mystery is good in my opinion.

Thanks very much for the story.

- Terry

Nice

I think you wrote it for the joy of it :)
Not for a competition Joy.

And it was sort of wistful too.
In a poetic way ::))

Dream on.

Wacky Wiccan Witual

Lovely story, Joy. Wish it was actually possible to experience something like that (without drugs involved)...

Lisa