The Floral Tales - Part 7

Printer-friendly version
   He's back home and his mother wants to give him a long big talking to...
 
The Floral Tales


Part 7 - Revelations

By J Morose

Introduction

This story contains political incorrectness, intolerance, swearing, sexual references and the usual vernacular references as made by teenagers when their parents are out of earshot. If you want a Disney piece, this is not for you.

The story centres around two teenage boys, their girlfriends and their under age exploits when attending the local rock club.

He's back home and his mother wants to give him a long big talking to...

Part 7 - Revelations

From part 6...

“So Kevin, we need to finish that little talk we were having earlier.”

'Shit!' Thought Kev, 'Not again...'

His mother went off again in the same vein as before, with concerns primarily about her embarrassment if anyone she knew found out, questions about Kev's sexuality, rants about excessive drunkenness and so on. His dad had kept quiet during all this, trying to appear involved in the discussion when it was quite obvious that all he wanted to do was go and watch some television. Then his mother dropped the bombshell....

Kev's House – Sunday Evening

“Kevin, you know we really love you, both me and your dad.”

'It's going to be one of those...' Thought Kev. The last time they wanted to have the long big chat, it was about his long hair and the people he was friends with. All that turned out fine in the end though, once his mother discovered that they were nice, decent people behind all that rocker rough exterior.

“Ah-huh...” replied Kev.

“Well, we have known for quite some time about your little...erm... quirks shall we say.”

It was obvious that mother was embarrassed about what she was going to talk about, which made Kev feel embarrassed and defensive, especially as he had no idea what she was talking about.

She continued. “Well, it's about you wearing women's clothing.....”

'Shite,' thought Kev, 'not again.'

“...well, me and your dad discussed this this morning, while you were flaked out on the sofa....”

“Huh?”

“...Well, we have known for quite some time about your dressing up games.”

'dressing up games?' thought Kev. 'Oh shit, they know!'

“When you were young, I caught you a time or two stumbling about with a pair of my shoes on....”

“Don't remember that!” said Kev, who remembered of course, but did not think he had been caught. He went red.

“Well, we did not say anything, thinking it will just be something you will grow out of, a phase.”

“Uh...” 'what!'

“And I know you have some girl's clothes hidden in the wardrobe, you can't hide this you know...” His mother was in full on lecture mode now.

Kev felt very defensive, his private things, his life laid bare in front of his parents, even though he had yet to say anything that remotely resembled words.

“So, we spoke about this and want to know, are you one of those transvestite things, you know, that get off on women's clothes?”

Here it was the clincher. Denial was useless, perhaps if he tried to explain he would soften them somewhat.

“Mum,” He started, haltingly, “I do not get off on....... well, what you said. I.. erm.. don't know how to say this... erm....”

“Go on, elucidate..” Posh words again, used to show a sense of superiority over him. This was one of his mother's favourite tactics when he was lost for words.

“Well... erm.. sorta... it goes like this...”

'Do I really want to say this?' inquired Kev to himself. He looked at his dad, who, was trying to not take part by pretending to read the newspaper. He remembered the embarrassed chats he had with his dad a few years ago, about sex. Sex was the one subject not really talked about in the house, certainly not around Kev anyway. His dad had haltingly had the 'birds and bees' chat and was at the time as embarrassed about it as Kev was. This was going no better.

“look mum, I just like wearing girls stuff, not to go out or anything, just around the house, like..” There he had said it. 'Perhaps the not going out would mitigate things a bit' he thought.

“Like last night.” His mothers face had degenerated from thunder into the 'bulldog chewing a wasp' look. “Didn't raise you to be a pervert.”

“I'm not a pervert!”

“Could have fooled me!”

“Well I'm not!”

“And you claim to be not gay, going out looking like a cheap tart!” His mother was once again in fine voice. Her vocal range going up an octave each time.

“Not like that”

“Well, what's it like then?”

“Dunno, don't feel sexy wearing 'em, just like it..”

“So, if your not a pervert, are you one off them tranny things then?”

“Tranny things, dunno? What's that then?” Kev's worldly experience was not much and he associated 'trannys' with the likes of Dame Edna Everidge and other comedians who used drag as part of their act, a parody of women. Kev knew that he did not feel ike that at all.

“You know quite well, young man!”

“Do I? I know that I'm no pervert, I like girls, mum.”

“You wont get girls looking like you did last night!”

“It was a girl that dressed me like this!”

“Well, I don't wish to see that again, you stop it at once, you hear!”

Kev decided to keep the peace. “Umm... okay.”

“Good, while your living under my roof, you follow the rules of the house, young man.” She was still mad, “Don't know why I call you young man though, no man would be seen dressed like that! You promise!”

Kev glanced at his father who, if he could have retracted his head into his body, would have done so, tortoise like. 'No help there then' he thought.

With that, he took his leave once more and skulked off to his room.

Anya's House – Sunday Evening

Anya was sat in her room talking to Freya. The gentle tones of Xmal Deutschland were coming from the small hi-fi in the corner of the room, lending the conversation a sombre gravitas. The subject of last night's antics were broached one more.

“So, I wonder how Kev got on today, his mum can be a bit of a dragon at times.” Said Freya.

“Dunno, he was well wasted last night, not seen him like that for ages.” Anya replied, looking somewhat concerned for her erstwhile boyfriend.

“Tony phoned earlier, it seemed he and Stu dumped him on his parent's sofa and scarpered.” (Scarper – UK English slang, verb, meaning 'to beat a hasty retreat')

“Would not like to be him now, they should have taken him to his room, least then he would have chance to get out of the clothes.”

“So, what did you mean yesterday?” Freya's impish smile did not do much to hide her curiosity, in fact it did more to emphasise it.

“Don't know what you are talking about..” Anya knew damn well, of course, but she did not want to drop her boyfriend in it more than he already was.

“Don't tell me you found out that he likes girl's clothes!” Freya squealed. “Didn't see that one coming!”

“Freya Palsdottir! I never said that.” Anya was trying denial, an expression that did not become her, as her face gave the game away every time.

“Well, I think it's cool, him trying to express a feminine side, more blokes need to calm down a bit..”

“He's so uptight though, you can't talk to him much about owt intimate, he just clams up!”

“Sure you'll sort it, you sort everything else...” Anya had a bit of a reputation as a troubleshooter, peacemaker and matchmaker amongst her friends. This was not out of any great skill, its just she preferred to avoid confrontation.

“Dunno.” She was thinking. “I need to take his clothes over and retrieve those of mine he was wearing, but I don't fancy facing his mum at the moment though.”

Freya thought on this. “Maybe you should leave it a day or so, to let things calm down a little.”

“Maybe so, but I need to speak to him though, let him know he is not alone.”

They talked on and on, with Anya showing concern for Kev and Freya being Devil's advocate.

Kev's House – Sunday Evening

Kev was still in his room. He decided that he would stay up here rather than face his mother any more. He booted up his Amiga, loaded the copy of Ultima he made from Wanger's copy and put something loud on the record deck.

He spent a while lost in the game, the melodic tones of Lemmy belting out of the speakers served to block his mind from dwelling on things. His in game character, a female magician, was doing well, having found one of the eight magical gems.

His concentration was broken by a knock on the door. Looking round, Wanger poked his head around the door.

“You decent?”

“Come in!” He was happy to see his friend.

“Just ran the gauntlet with the big boss, you know, yer mum.”

“Level cleared?” Inquired kev.

“Yep. Bonus points for stealth and discretion!” Wanger had a big grin. “She wanted to know all about last night, but I figured you did not want to let on, so I pleaded ignorance and said that you were like that when I got there.”

“Cheers man, lifesaver!” Kev and Wanger were always close, looking out for each others interests, regardless of the names they called each other from time to time.

“Anyway man, had Wossisname's mate on the phone, he wondered if you were into a bit of roleplaying, so I said 'yes', so he asked about tomorrow night.”

Kev once more was not amused. “Not dressing up for no gay stuff!” he exclaimed gruffly. He was painfully reminded of earlier when Wanger regaled him with tales of his exploits, especially centred around Wossisname and his mates.

“Nah yer spacker!” wanger was on the defensive, “Roleplaying, you know, like Shadowrun or Warhammer..”

Embarrassed by his outburst, all Kev could manage was “Oh!”

“Well, if your interested, we could both go, not been to a game since we discovered ale..”

“Well, neither have I,” Kev was coming round now. “OK, lets go.”

The conversation degenerated into discussions on role playing games, Ultima, music, beer and girls, with no reference about last night made by unspoken agreement, probably to prevent eavesdropping.

Wanger left soon after, clearing the 'supplementary inquisition level', the term he used to Kev and was gone.

Kev sat alone in his room once more and climbing into bed, sleep was not long coming. He had weird dreams that night, dreaming he was a girl and dreams of shopping for clothes and of beauty treatments and of being approached by blokes in the pub. He did not know whether it was a dream or nightmare.

***

Tossing and turning, his fitful slumber gave little rest and so, at six in the morning, he awoke and stumbled to the bathroom for his morning ablutions. Kev was most definitely not a morning person.

Going downstairs, he found he was the first up and so made himself a big mug of tea and a 'bacon sarnie'. (Bacon sandwich with the bacon, fried of course, fried onions and lashings of HP sauce).

He ate quickly and sated his hunger. He was feeling a little more human now. Making another brew and taking it upstairs, he resolved himself for getting ready for college. He decided to set off early, as he wanted to go and pop in to Anya's house along the way.

Dressed and fed, he went back downstairs. His dad was up now, so he made his dad a coffee and a bacon sarnie, saving his dad the trauma of cooking. It was even said that his dad could burn water, so best not to risk it, he thought.

Completing his 'dutiful son' routine, he put on his jacket and lid (Helmet, for the non-initiated) and got his Honda H100 out of the garage and made his way over to Anya's house.

Anya's house, Monday, 7:50AM

Kev rang the doorbell, lid tucked under his arm. Anya's dad answered the door. Her dad was an old hippy type and seemed to be more liberal than either his own dad or mum.

“Hi Kevin, come in, she's just getting up, but join us in the kitchen and she'll be down shortly..”

“Thanks, Mister Mulholland.”

“Call me Dave, you've been coming round here often enough that we don't need to be so formal.”

“Okay” With that Kev went in and sat in the kitchen, waiting for Anya.

Anya, hearing that Kev was at the door, finished up quickly and rushed downstairs to see him. She burst into the kitchen, wearing only a black bathrobe, smiling. Kev thought she looked gorgeous like that, without all the makeup or gothy stuff, her long hair wrapped in a towel like a turban.

“Hi Kev, how's my favourite girl this morning!”

To be continued.......

“I'd give up my halo for a horn,

And the horn for a hat I once had.”

If someone wants to proofread my The Floral Tales, please IM
me. Serious offers only please.

May the blessings of the day be upon you and yours
And many thanks for all the encouraging comments – Jay.

up
62 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well one things for sure, If

Well one things for sure, If its left to Kev's mother, Then that's the end of Kev's cross -dressing..... Somehow though i don't, think this will happen!..Certainly not where Anya and Freya are concerned anyway! Perhaps also Kev's dream about being a girl suggests that wearing Anyas clothes will not be the biggest problem our hero will have to face in the near future!!!

Kirri

I really thought this wasn't the same old same old ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... TG fiction road most taken, but then you throw in the most common thing of all - Kev's already a crossdresser. Damn. Oh well, I'm still enjoying it from a Yank getting insight into the Brit side of things angle - very well written in that respect.
"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Sorry to disappoint,

but you have only just poked your head down the rabbit hole so far...
...and its a deep one.

Many thanks for you interest, it is much appreciated and your comments are always insightful.

Take care - Jay

Unless there is truth in my heart, my every effort is doomed to failure....

That which does not kill me only serves to delay the inevitable. My blog => http://jaynemorose.wordpress.com/ <= note new address

Level cleared

lol, loved that bit. Enjoying your writing a lot actually. Thank you

BookWorm

shopping

I thought Debenhams, Boothroyd's or Marshal and Snelgrove would have had a mench by now!
Not Even Lord Street for goodness sake - or the Gaumont Cinema!
But it is a bit true to life..
My Bruvver got caught by the local fuzz for wearing a dress on Lord St one night - I think he'd have been ok but he was a bit pissed and was accosting passer's by.
Sadly he was built like Clint Eastwood so the resemblance to a chick ended with the dress.
I hope that's not you writing the memoirs bruv...

Nope

Never been arrested and not your brother - sorry to disappoint. Probably met him though if he went to the Floral...

Also, I am not writing a Southport tourist / shopping guide, although there is a purveyor of wigs that is held in rather high esteem by the UK TG community......

Thanks for reading - Jay

Unless there is truth in my heart, my every effort is doomed to failure....

That which does not kill me only serves to delay the inevitable. My blog => http://jaynemorose.wordpress.com/ <= note new address