My Mistake, Chapter 15

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 15
By: Samantha Jenkins

Jennifer, Katie and my self all walked up to the office that belonged to Officer Mullin. I had Katie on my right and Jennifer on my left, and the had stayed that way since we had left the main office.

“What was Paskly’s problem?” I asked, not expecting a response as we sat on the bench outside of the office. The bell rang signaling that it was time to switch to second period. So far Katie and I had missed U.S. History, and Jennifer had missed her creative writing class.

“I have no idea.” Katie said, leaning back against the brick wall that was behind the bench. “I wouldn’t be surprised if Mom wasn’t working on some briefs to file when she got back to the office in her head. She didn’t seem to give a hoot that the Johnson ruling can’t stop her.”

#

“My first call when I get back to my office is going to be the superintendent, Joyce. You might as well start packing your desk up as soon as we leave.” Susan was saying. “You can’t stop this. I don’t understand why you are even trying. You have read the Johnson ruling, you’ve read the changes the school board has made, you’ve heard from Morgan’s Doctor, so I’m not sure where you are falling short on this.”

“I don’t want those two girls and that boy,” Mrs. Paskly practically spat, “In my school, and I want the rest of you out of the school too, or I’ll have you arrested for trespassing. I want you off of school grounds in 20 minutes or else.”

“Jackie, Lets get the girls and head to the district office.” Susan said. Jackie realized that this was legal advice as much as it was a friend helping a friend and stood. She collected her files and put them back in her bag, turned on her heel and walked out the door with out so much as a word to anyone. Dr. Franklin followed her out of the room.

“Jackie, I want Morgan to ride with me on the way over to the District office. I want to make sure that she is doing ok.”

“That’s fine. I just want her to be happy, and this is not going to make her happy.” Jackie said, walking out of the carpeted offices and on to the tile floor of the hall way.

#

I glanced down the hall to see my mother scowling coming down the hall way followed by Doctors Franklin and Phillips. Susan had just walked out of the office and was hurrying to catch up. I nudged Katie.

“What’s going on?” I asked her. She looked down the hall and shrugged.

“Not sure, but neither one of our mothers look very happy.” Katie said.

“That’s because we aren’t.” My mom said, staring out the door to her right at the bright sunny day. “We are going to the district office, Morgan, you are going to ride with Dr. Franklin, at her request. Katie and Jen, come with me.” The three of us stood and walked out.

“Are all three of us going with you to the district office, or just Morgan?” Jen asked. I guessed that she didn’t want to let me out of her sight if she could help it. Dr. Phillips held the door open as Dr.Officer Mullin walked toward us.

“She just called the radio room about you guys, and is going to try to get the folks at the district office to not hear your case. I have a strong suspicion that it’s not going to work.” Officer Mullin said.

“Well then we’d better hurry then, Jackie, I’m going to swing by my office and grab some stuff that I think we are going to need. Call ahead. Request the superintendent and the Board.” Dr. Franklin took my arm and started walking toward the door that Dr. Phillips was holding open. I glanced at Dr. Franklin as we walked. We were pretty much step in step We didn’t say a word as we walked toward a black Lexus that was sitting by it self. The lights on the car all blinked twice in the sunlight as Dr. Franklin opened up the passenger door for me. I sat down on the leather seat and smoothed my skirt out. Dr. Franklin got in the car and started the engine. She reached up and pushed the button to turn on the heated seats. I had never ridden in a car that had heated seats before.

“How are you holding up, Morgan.” Dr. Franklin asked, putting the car in gear and driving toward the main street to head to the district office.

“I’m a little pissed about Mrs. Paskly.” I said reaching over and grabbing my seat belt. After I had buckled my belt I looked over at Dr. Franklin. “Doctor, why do people have to be that way?” I asked, reaching up to wipe a tear away. Dr. Franklin reached over and patted my leg.

“I don’t know, but we are going to get this sorted out and you will be able to attend school as Morgan.” She said, turning left on Birch Street. I looked in the mirror and saw mom’s car behind us. “When I said that I thought that it would do you more harm to return to being Josh, I meant it, you would have eventually taken the only way out. I’ve seen it too many times in my career.”

“Do you really think that?” I asked, watching mom pass us. Mom was also pissed, and I could tell by the way she was driving. Mom stopped at a red light and rolled down her window.

“Morgan, we will fix this.” She said to me. I looked at her and smiled. I was happy overall, just the bull shit with Mrs. Paskly not doing what she was required by law to do, was troubling me. Maybe it was seeing me in a skirt, she had always known me as Josh. I did work in the office during my study halls, and would run and do little errands around the school for her. She didn’t seem to to even want me in her office.

“I don’t get this.” I said watching mom drive down the road in front of us. “I’m one of the best office aides that she has. She didn’t seem to even know me, she’s always been nice to me before.” I watched up the road as mom made the right hand turn into the parking lot of the building that housed the district office. Dr. Franklin slowed and made the right hand turn as well. and I could see to police cars sitting in the lot, no doubt sent by Mrs. Paskly.

“What now?” Dr. Franklin muttered pulling in next to mom’s car. A few seconds later, Susan’s tan blazer came rolling in and parked across from mom. Susan got out and looked at the police cars. Every one else piled out of the cars that they were in. I had a feeling that when this was over I would need to have a session with Dr. Franklin.

up
147 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Whirling...

...blades of industrial ventilating device about to come in contact with large quantity of steaming fresh organic waste matter.

This should be interesting!

My money is definitely on Susan. As a class, lawyers may have a spotty reputation, but there are some games you can't play without them. In this case, I have the distinct impression that Susan seriously outclasses any of the opposition, and has the right mix of client dedication and killer instinct. In fact, I wouldn't be the least surprised if Morgan ended up with a college fund out of this deal!

Whew....

... Cue the theme from 'Jaws' as the women approach the cops!

PB

Joyce Plasky vs. The World

She's got the law, district policies, school policies and expert medical advice telling her to accept Morgan, but she decides to commit career suicide by initially insisting Morgan go back to wearing Josh's clothes, then trying to suspend the three children, then having the audacity to try and arrest them for truancy when they've been in school the whole time!

Nothing like digging your own grave...
 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Too short!

I'm ready to see the blood-letting. Hell hath no fury like a couple of mothers who see their children being mistreated or harmed. Cathy has certainly shown that over on "The Easy Dormouse". (Hmmm, sounds like a good name for a pub!)

Sho

Yuri!

Yuri!

Morgan's Mom

There will be no reJOYCEing for Joyce soon. Liquefaction (that sudden sinking feeling) is happening in the principals office. As the sun hastefully sinks in the west, can we utter a loud "goobye" to Mrs Paskly...and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Loved it.

Thank you, Mary.

I pity the cops on this one.

I pity the cops on this one. Someone hand them some donuts and coffee. I think thier going to need them. Great story, I always like a good stomping. Hurry with the next chapter, please. I said please.

I just can't understand

I just can't understand people like that. How can Morgan being Morgan possibly harm anyone else? I hope Susan gets her fired, at least!

You've got me a bit worked up, you must be doing something right! Keep it up.

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Looks As If

A certain Irate bitch has done some calling.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Love this story

When i first started reading your story. I really liked the way it was heading.
I love a good stopping when schools are breaking the law.
i also like the fact the Mrs. Paskly is going get what coming to her, or so i hope.
please post the next chapter soon. pretty please with sugar on top :)

Good Story Its funny that

Good Story Its funny that when i was in high school in the late 70s we had a gay cheerleader and no one cared what clothes you had on, the graduating class was 278 kids....oh and because i was trans i washed towels instead of going to gym, with no note from any one.
Love and Hugs Hanna
girl_and_her_coffee3.jpg

Love And Hugs Hanna
((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))
Blessed Be
2889.jpg