My Summer Mutation

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Contests: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Themes: 

Permission: 

My Summer Vacation Mutation
by Saless

My English teacher had us write a paper on what we did on our summer vacation. My vacation was really different, but here it is:

 
My Dad took me and my best friend Lisa to Hawaii for summer vacation. He’s always wanted to go. It took some work to convince him to take Lisa along, but it would have been sooo boring without her! Especially since Mom had to work and couldn’t come, bummer!

School ended on a Wednesday, so Lisa and I had a couple of days to have some fun before we left. We had to have our bags packed before he got home Friday so we could leave for the airport right away. He’d already packed his, so when he got home we all grabbed our bags, packed up the car, and left for the airport.

The airport was really busy, and we had to wait a long time to get through the lines. Finally we got on the plane. I let Lisa take the window seat; she was really excited because it was her first time in a plane. I’d been a few times before, so I didn’t mind.

Dad went straight to sleep before the plane even took off. How could he sleep through that? Anyway, Lisa was glued to the window for the whole takeoff. I just sat back and admired her long blonde hair. She has the most beautiful hair! She always hates it when I stare at her, so I took advantage of the opportunity while her back was turned.

Eventually she got tired of looking out the window (we were above the clouds now, so that might have had something to do with it). She started talking excitedly about all the stuff she wanted to do in Hawaii. Top of her list was the beach, of course! I just knew Dad was going to drag us around to all kinds of Museums and stuff. Lisa wasn’t too worried; we were going to be there for two weeks, after all.

The other thing she was looking forward to was shopping! I know, that’s all stereotypical and everything, but she really does love shopping. Most of the time I don’t like shopping too much, but with Lisa it’s sooo much fun! Especially since she doesn’t tease me when I get distracted by all the pretty clothes!

See, she’s known I want to be a girl since we were in kindergarten. We’ve been friends that long. Nobody else knows. She promised back then that she would never tell anyone, and she keeps her word. Seriously, she hates lying! She’ll get real mad at me if I lie about anything, no matter how unimportant it seems to me.

Anyway, when I go shopping with her I can be myself and gush over the clothes and she doesn’t mind. I even help her pick stuff out. She always asks my opinion on things she’s going to buy. She says I have a good sense of style.

I guess Lisa did her homework, because she had a list of places she wanted to shop at. It was pretty long. We were going to be staying at a hotel in Honolulu, but we’d visit a couple of other cities while we were there.

Lisa’s prone to motion sickness, so after a while she laid back and fell asleep. Is it creepy that I spent the rest of the trip gazing at her beautiful face? I don’t think so, but she would have if she’d been awake. Like I said, she doesn’t like it when I stare at her.

She has this beautiful heart shaped face with a cute button nose and sapphire eyes I could drown in. I think I’ve been in love with her as long as I’ve been alive. At least, that’s how it feels to me. Too bad she doesn’t feel the same way.

You’d think the fact she’s a lesbian would work in my favor, but she doesn’t really see me as a girl. She doesn’t talk about the same stuff with me as she does other girls. She’s totally accepting of me feeling that I am a girl, but that’s it. I actually got up the nerve to ask her out on a date last month, but she turned me down. She said she couldn’t go out with a boy!

I wouldn’t talk to her for a couple weeks after that, but she kept apologizing and things had pretty much returned to the way they were. It was really frustrating at times, but being her friend was way better than not having her in my life at all!

I was jolted out of my thoughts when the flight attendant told us we were going to land in a half hour. Lisa woke up, but Dad was still asleep. We talked some while we waited to land. We were both really excited about this trip, although for different reasons. She was excited because of the shopping and beaches, I was excited to spend so much time with her. And to see her in a bikini!

We spent the next couple of hours disembarking, getting our luggage, and making our way to the hotel. It was really close to the airport, so we didn’t have to go far. It was a long flight, so it was *really* late. We all crashed as soon as we’d unpacked our bags.

I awoke to someone shaking me. I smiled when I opened my eyes, because it was Lisa. She said Dad had bugged her until she finally got up. He’d slept the whole flight, so he was ready to go. Lisa was okay, she’d slept through half or more of it, but I was exhausted! I probably should have gotten some sleep on the plane, but I wasn’t about to pass up prime Lisa gazing time!

She finally managed to drag me out of bed and I went to get changed. After a quick shower and change we headed down to the hotel restaurant for breakfast.

After breakfast Dad insisted on going to a museum. Big surprise there! He bribed us with a trip to the beach by the hotel after lunch, so we went without too much grumbling. The museum was actually pretty cool, so we didn’t mind too much. They had a deli in the museum, so we had lunch there.

After that we went to the beach after picking up our swimsuits and towels at the hotel. Dad’s not a big one for swimming, so he was just going to lie on the beach. I’m not really a big fan of the ocean, but I wasn’t about to stray far from Lisa! Especially in that bikini, she was really hot!

We were all shocked to find the beach was fenced off with a ten foot tall cyclone fence, topped with razor wire! There were warning signs all over it:

Do not pass this point. This beach is closed due to contamination. Exposure can lead to mutation or death.

“Oh no!” Lisa wailed. “They can’t close the beach!”

Dad grimaced. “Sorry, Lisa. Looks like we’re not going to be spending any time on the beach this trip.” He said.

Lisa was so disappointed she looked like she was ready to cry. I tried to hug her to comfort her, but she pushed me away as always. She never lets me hug her.

There were guards watching the fence. One of them saw us there in our swimsuits and walked up to us. “I’m very sorry, but the beach is closed. I’m sure you’ve all heard about the chemical spill that has caused all these mutations. Ocean currents have carried a large amount of those chemicals here and all the beaches are contaminated.” He said apologetically.

“Wait, did you say all the beaches?!” Lisa exclaimed.

He nodded. “Yes, all of them. The water is heavily contaminated. Swimming in the ocean right now would almost certainly result in you mutating. And if you’re really unlucky, you would die. Because of the water flowing over it, even the sand of the beach is contaminated. I’m sorry.” He answered before moving on to tell another group of would-be swimmers.

Lisa was really bummed out by this news. We all walked back to the hotel and changed back out of our swimsuits. I suggested we go shopping, knowing it would cheer Lisa up. Dad reluctantly agreed. As we were walking towards the door of the hotel we saw a couple wearing swimsuits and carrying towels and beach chairs heading out. A hotel employee stopped them at the door.

“If you’re planning to go to the beach, I’m afraid it’s closed.” He told them apologetically.

“What?! How can the beach be closed?!” The man replied angrily.

“You’ve heard about that mutating chemical spill, right?” he asked. They both nodded. “Well, all the water around Hawaii is filled with the stuff. Even the sand is covered in those chemicals! All of the beaches have been closed until the currents move it past us and the contamination of the beaches can be cleaned up.”

“What kind of Hawaiian vacation is it if we can’t go to the beach?!” he exclaimed. “Surely we can at least lay our blankets out on the beach and get some sun, right?”

“I’m afraid that isn’t a good idea, sir. It’s all but impossible to walk on a beach without getting some sand on you. You’d get at least some exposure, especially since some of those chemicals are radioactive! Also, people who get only very minimal exposure often get sick and die, instead of mutating. It’s actually safer to swim in the ocean than it is to lie out on the beach.” He explained.

“Oh come on, it can’t be that bad!” the man ranted as his wife tried to calm him down.

The hotel employee answered, “Sir, even if it’s not as bad as I’ve been told, you don’t want to risk it! Five boys went out into the water before the fences were up. Within a month they had all mutated, and three of them were girls!”

The man looked shocked at this, and so was I! “Girls?! How’s that possible?” he asked.

“I’ve heard it has something to do with the weakening of the Y chromosome or something. Whatever the reason, most guys that mutate become girls!” He answered, horrified.

I tuned out the rest of the conversation, focusing on that last part. Most guys become girls?! Could that work for me? I caught Lisa looking at me strangely so I pretended that I hadn’t heard that as we walked out.

One of the shops Lisa wanted to visit was nearby, so I pointed it out. Naturally, it was a clothing store. Dad doesn’t like getting involved in girl’s shopping, so he told us he’d meet us back at the hotel in three hours.

There was a park on the way to the store, and Lisa dragged me over to it and sat me down on a bench. “What’s up Lisa?” I asked, confused.

“You know what’s up, John!” she answered forcefully. “I know you were listening to everything those people were talking about back at the hotel. You’re thinking about going out in that water, aren’t you?”

“Of course not!” I stammered. “That stuff could kill me!” I tried to act indignant but she wasn’t buying it.

“Don’t lie to me, John! I know you better than that.” She yelled back at me. Like I said before, she hates lying.

“Okay, it’s tempting.” I admitted, trying to mollify her. “But there’s no way I could get out there even if I wanted to take the chance of dying.”

She stared at me long and hard before finally saying, “I’ll be watching you, John! I’m not going to let you kill yourself!” She turned and started walking off to the shop after that, so I followed meekly behind.

Things were more normal after that, but Lisa never let me out of her sight. I was touched that she cared enough to watch out for me like that. I didn’t actually plan on going out to get mutated, but it was a nice dream.

We spent all three hours in that one shop. Lisa was in heaven, as they had stuff you couldn’t find back home. I was pretty happy, too. Just watching Lisa having so much fun was great!

We met back up with Dad at the hotel as planned. We used the hotel swimming pool for a while, then had dinner. After that we played card games or read up in our rooms.

When it was time for bed Lisa wanted me to sleep in her room (There were two beds), no doubt to keep an eye on me. Dad wouldn’t allow it, though. I was disappointed, but also relieved. I was sure Lisa would stay up all night watching me if given the chance.

I lay in bed, tossing and turning without sleeping. I couldn’t stop thinking about the ocean, and how all I’d need to do was go for a swim and I’d be cured of this stupid boy’s body! I finally gave up on sleeping and sat in the chair by the window. We had a pretty good view of the ocean from up here.

I don’t know how long I was gazing out that window, but some time later I saw five people sneaking up to the fence. I watched, puzzled, because there was no way they could climb that fence, even without the razor wire, without the guards seeing them. But then one of them grabbed the fence with both hands and just pulled it apart!

I watched in amazement as they all piled through the hole in the fence and jumped into the ocean. Were they not afraid of mutating, or did they want it, like me? But then I realized that they must be mutants! How else could they have pulled the fence apart like that? One of them must be super strong!

I gazed after them for a while, then my eyes returned to that hole in the fence. It was in a shadowed corner, and the guards seemed totally oblivious.

The next thing I knew I was running out of the hotel, straight for the fence.

I took the same route I’d seen those mutants take, and was able to avoid the guards. I slipped through the hole in the fence as quietly as I could and made a dash for the ocean. I kept expecting someone to grab me and stop me, but I made it!

I remembered what the guy at the hotel had said, about how more exposure is actually a good thing, because it reduces the likelihood of dying from it instead of mutating. With that in mind I swam around until I was too tired to continue. I was just swimming for shore when I heard Lisa’s voice!

“Get your butt out of there John!” she yelled. She was standing on the wet sand, just out of the water. As I came out of the water I noticed that she, like me, was barefoot!

“Lisa, what are you doing?!” I yelled at her.

She seemed shocked at that. I don’t normally yell, especially at her. “Trying to keep you out of trouble, what else?!” she answered angrily.

I shook my head; she obviously wasn’t on the same wavelength! “Lisa, you’re standing, barefoot, in wet sand!” I pointed out urgently.

Her mouth dropped open and she looked down at her feet. They were wet, and speckled with sand. Comprehension dawned. “Oh no! I’ve got to get out of here!” she said in a panic. She started to turn away to leave, but I grabbed her arm.

“Lisa, you’re already exposed! If you go now, you might die! If you jump in the water, you’ll just mutate. Please, don’t let yourself die!” I pleaded with her fearfully. I was barely holding it together, I was so scared.

She tried to pull away at first, until my words finally sunk in. Then she reversed herself and jumped in the water. “Stay in the water as long as you can, just to be sure!” I yelled after her.

She did. She swam, and swam, and swam some more. She’s a much better swimmer than me. I watched, feeling horrible. Because of me Lisa was going to mutate, too! Could she ever forgive me?

Finally Lisa tired and came out of the water. As soon as she did I threw my arms around her and blubbered on her shoulder. “I’m so sorry Lisa! I didn’t mean for this to happen! Please forgive me!”

For once Lisa didn’t pull away right off. She held me until I’d stopped crying, then pushed me away gently. “It’s okay, John. I don’t blame you. I should have stopped you from coming out here.” She said softly.

I just kept saying “I’m sorry.” over and over again. Lisa led me back to the hotel.

We were just waiting for the elevator when the manager of the hotel called out to us. “Excuse me, have you two been in the pool in your pajamas?!” he asked incredulously.

He was walking towards us as he said that but stopped short several feet away. “You weren’t in the pool, were you?” he asked fearfully. We shook our heads. “Stay right there!” he ordered, as he ran back to the desk. He picked up the phone and called 911. He explained what had happened and ran back, still staying well away from us.

“An ambulance is on the way. Wait here, and don’t touch anything, understood?” he demanded. We nodded again, and he went back to the desk to wait for the ambulance.

“Where’s your parents?” he called out to us, as he looked down at a computer screen. I told him Dad was in bed, and which room number. He dialed the room and talked to Dad briefly.

Dad walked out of the elevator just after the paramedics rushed in. He started to run over to us, but one of the paramedics blocked him. “You can’t touch them right now, sir. They’re covered in seawater.” He said.

Dad nodded numbly. The paramedics hustled us onto gurneys and strapped us down, covering us with towels to absorb the moisture. He followed us onto the ambulance once we were strapped down.

Once we were moving he seemed to shake off the daze he’d been in. “What were you kids thinking?” he asked plaintively.

I shot Lisa a pleading look. I didn’t want to tell him why I’d done it yet. “We saw some other people going out in the water, so we thought it would be okay.” She answered lamely. I was shocked, and relieved, that Lisa would lie like that. I had told her how I’d gotten through the fence on the way back to the hotel.

Dad shook his head. “You should know better than that! There were warning signs everywhere. Just because someone else did it doesn’t mean it’s safe!” he said loudly.

I glanced over at Lisa apologetically. She smiled weakly, and didn’t even argue when I grabbed her hand. We held hands for the rest of the trip, with Dad watching on fearfully.

When we got to the hospital it was pandemonium. They rushed us into some kind of containment area, where they had us strip out of our clothes and step into a shower. We had to wash ourselves with this weird soap and stand under the water for a while. Once they let us out of there they dried us off and let us out of the sealed area.

After that we were put through all kinds of tests. X-rays, CAT scans, MRIs, you name it. They took lots of blood and finally put us in a room. There were four beds in the room, and I was relieved to see them put Lisa in the bed next to me. We were both exhausted after all of that and fell asleep immediately.

Other than being woken up by nurses checking our blood pressure and stuff, I slept deeply. Even then it was more like a dream so I don’t think I woke up all the way. When I did finally wake up Lisa was still sleeping. I was terrified that something bad was going to happen to Lisa because of me. I laid there staring at her, hoping this wouldn’t be the last time.

She was looking right at me when she woke up. I flushed guiltily and looked away. “How are you doing?” she asked, without the anger I thought she’d have. She was usually furious when she caught me staring at her like that.

“Horrible!” I groaned.

She frowned. “I thought this was what you wanted?” she asked, confused.

“For me, not for you! I’m so sorry for getting you into this!” I wailed.

She frowned even deeper at that. “Didn’t I already tell you that I don’t blame you? You’re not the one that stayed up to make sure you didn’t go anywhere. You’re not the one who ran out of the hotel after you. And you’re not the one that stupidly ran out onto that wet sand! It’s my own fault that I’m here!” she stated sternly.

We were quiet for a while after that, until a nurse brought our breakfast in. After eating we talked about what would happen now. I wondered where Dad is, but Lisa seemed to think he probably fell asleep in the waiting room. Considering how Dad sleeps, that was kind of likely.

An hour or two after breakfast Dad came in. “How are you doing, kids?” he asked.

I shrugged and looked over at Lisa. “We’re fine Mr. Miller.” Lisa answered for both of us.

He nodded weakly. We didn’t know what to say after that. I was glad when a doctor walked in; it was starting to feel like a funeral or something!

“Hello kids, how are you doing?” he asked with forced cheer as he walked in. “And you must be their father?” he said, turning to Dad.

“I’m John’s father, Lisa is his best friend.” Dad explained.

The doctor nodded. “I’m Dr. Carter. I’m sure you’re wondering what the results of all those tests we did last night are, right?” he asked.

“You have the results than? Are they going to be alright?” Dad asked urgently.

“Yes we have the results back. They’re not having a negative reaction to the mutagenic compound. However, it is clear that both are mutating. We have no way of knowing what direction their mutation will take. They could become faster or stronger, or get better senses. Or they could gain animal traits to variable degrees. Or a combination thereof.” He explained.

Dad sighed in relief when he heard we weren’t going to die or anything, but the description of what might happen didn’t calm him any. “There is a problem, though.” Dr. Carter continued.

“What problem?” Dad asked wearily.

“I’m sorry, but John’s Y-chromosome has been completely destroyed.” He explained sadly.

“YES!” I screamed. I could hardly believe it; I was going to be a girl! I saw Lisa giggling at my reaction out of the corner of my eye. Dr. Carter was staring at me wide-eyed in surprise, but my Dad was totally confused!

“Um, John, do you have any idea what that means?” Dr. Carter asked cautiously.

I nodded happily. “It means I’m going to be a girl!” I proclaimed with a beaming smile.

“Is…is that true?” Dad asked in shock.

Dr. Carter nodded numbly. “I’ve never seen a reaction like this before. We should run some more tests…” he mumbled to himself.

Lisa giggled louder at that. Dad just looked back and forth between the doctor, Lisa, and me. “What’s going on?” he asked in total confusion.

Lisa giggled a bit more and glanced at me. I nodded, her promise to never tell anyone about me didn’t count in this instance. “John’s always been a girl. That’s why he went into the ocean in the first place. Now he’ll be a girl on the outside as well as the inside!” she stated forcefully, like she expected them to argue.

The doctor nodded. “That explains it, then. I’ve never heard of anyone getting a sex change by mutation, but I guess there’s a first time for everything.” He said. He seemed relieved that this wasn’t some weird side effect of the mutating chemicals or something.

“Wait a minute.” Dad said. “Are you telling me you went into the water because you wanted to mutate?” he asked incredulously.

“Um, yeah.” I replied worriedly.

“And you wanted to be a girl?” he asked. I nodded. “Why?”

He didn’t say it like it’s a bad thing, he’s not like that. He just didn’t understand why I wanted to be a girl. Lisa answered for me again. “Like I said, John’s always been a girl, inside. He told me in kindergarten. It’s been his dream to be a girl on the outside, too, for as long as I’ve known him.”

Dad didn’t say anything for a while after that, and I was afraid he was angry with me. “I’m sorry I couldn’t be your son, Dad, but I just couldn’t stand this body anymore! I hope you can forgive me.” I said.

He looked up with a surprised look on his face. “Forgive you? For wanting to be a girl? You don’t need my forgiveness for that. I wish you had told me before this, but I suppose I can understand why you wouldn’t. The only thing I’m upset about is the risk that you took, and that you got Lisa involved in this.” he said.

“He didn’t involve me.” Lisa said. “I did that all on my own. We both heard that conversation in the lobby about how most boys that mutate become girls. I knew when we heard that that John would want to try it. I told him not to, and tried to keep an eye on him, but I was too late. I was in such a hurry to try and stop him that I didn’t think about what I was doing and ran out on the wet sand in bare feet.”

Dad nodded. “So you jumped in the ocean to give yourself a better chance of surviving. Okay. I was worried he’d talked you into going in with him, but obviously not. I’m still not happy about the risk he took, but that’s in the past now. Now we have to deal with what form the mutation will take.” he said. He really didn’t seem mad at me.

Dr. Carter had been waiting patiently this whole time. “As for that,” he said, “only time will tell. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Two people can get mutated by the exact same exposure but come out of it completely different.”

“How long will it take?” I asked. I hoped it wouldn’t take too long, though knowing it would happen was already making me feel sooo much better.

Dr. Carter shrugged. “It varies. Some people complete their mutation in a couple of weeks; some take as long as three months. The average is about a month. You’ll probably not notice any changes for the first week, though you may feel sick. In your case, John, you’ll probably be sick a lot because you’ll lose a lot of body weight.” he explained.

I loved that idea, that I’d become a lot smaller. Last year I’d gone through a growth spurt and was now taller than Lisa. My voice had also changed, which upset me a lot.

“Any other questions?” Dr. Carter asked. We shook our heads. “Okay then, we’d like to keep you hear until tomorrow, just to be on the safe side. So long as nothing happens in that time, we can release you tomorrow morning.” he said and left the room.

We were all silent for a while after that. Then Dad said, “So you’ve always felt you were a girl, huh?” I nodded. “Well, I guess that explains a few things.”

“Like what?” I asked curiously. I thought I’d done a good job of acting like a boy.

“Well, like how you never had any girlfriends. Your mother and I thought you’d get together with Lisa, but you never did. Knowing you’re really a girl, I guess you didn’t because you like guys.” he explained.

Lisa and I shared a look, then busted out laughing. Dad had this confused look on his face that just made us laugh even harder.

“What’s so funny?” he finally asked when we’d gotten control of ourselves.

I gasped out, “Lisa’s gay!” before laughing some more. Lisa had already told me I could tell my parents, but nobody else. I guess she figured they’d ask about us at some point.

“Oh.” he said. Then comprehension dawned and he said, “Oh! So maybe you’ll get together now?” he asked.

Lisa and I exchanged another glance, but Lisa was choking on that one so I answered. “I don’t think she’s interested in me like that, Dad.”

Dad actually looked disappointed! Was he trying to hook us up?

Lisa finally recovered from that question and glared at me. “I think I can decide for myself who I’m interested in, John!” she said sternly.

Dad looked back and forth between us. “Does that mean you are interested?” he asked.

Lisa blushed but looked me straight in the eye as she answered a simple, “Yes.”

Dad smiled and turned to me. “So, what about you John? Do you prefer guys, or are you interested, too?” he asked.

I think I blushed, too, as I looked down at my hands on my lap. Finally I looked over at Lisa like she had me and answered, “Yes, always.”

Lisa smiled at that, which then became a smirk as she said, “Like I don’t know that!” I laughed at that, I did always stare at her or try to hug her or hold hands, so I guess I had been rather obvious. But, she always pushed me away before. Why was that?

I frowned as I thought about that and said, “But you always pushed me away, before.”

Her smile disappeared as she looked down in shame. “I’m sorry about that. I’ve always been interested in you, too, but you having a male body was too much for me.” she said, and started to cry. We weren’t hooked up to any IVs or anything, so I got out of bed and sat on hers so I could hold her. She didn’t push me away.

When she stopped crying she started fidgeting and seemed uncomfortable, so I went back to my bed. Dad looked on with a frown, and I was afraid he didn’t approve. “I understand that you’re a lesbian and don’t have any interest in boys,” he said, “but why does John hugging you make you so uncomfortable?”

She looked down at her hands and shrugged. I was rather curious, too. Now that he mentioned it, it shouldn’t make her uncomfortable, should it?

Dad stared at her intently for a long time. Lisa fidgeted, but didn’t look up. “Did somebody hurt you?” he finally asked. Lisa shuddered at that, and I saw fresh tears running down her face. I started to get up but Dad gestured for me to stay. “You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, but it might help you.” he said.

She shuddered some more, then whispered, “Dad” before she started weeping in earnest. This time Dad didn’t stop me when I went over to hold her again. Dad came over and put a hand on her shoulder. Neither of us said anything. I just held her until she calmed down. This time I let go as soon as she calmed down, so as not to make her uncomfortable.

“Recently?” Dad asked when she had composed herself again. She nodded mutely. “It won’t happen again.” he said that very calmly and certainly. She nodded again, but she didn’t look convinced.

“Hey,” I said, trying to get her to look up. She didn’t, but I continued anyway. “We’re both going to be mutants. Odds are at least one of us will get physical enhancements of one kind or another. Either you’ll be able to defend yourself, or I will do it for you.” I said forcefully. Just thinking about her dad hurting her made me so angry I was ready to rip his throat out! I tried to stay calm, though, so as not to scare her.

She finally looked up at me. “If I know you, and I do, I’ll be the one protecting you.” she said with a hint of humor. I was really glad to hear that, I was starting to get scared. She’s usually really strong.

“What if I get super strength?” I asked with a smile.

She shrugged. “You’ll still need me.” she answered with an impish grin.

Just then Dad stood up. “Well, I’d better go call your mom and let her know what’s going on.” he said and left.

I looked over at Lisa after he left. “Are you okay?” I asked. She seemed better.

She smiled. “Yeah, I’m okay. So, what kind of changes do you want, other than being a girl of course!” she asked.

I thought about that. What would I want? “I guess I’d like to be faster or stronger. That would be cool.” I answered.

“What about animal traits. Are there any you’d like?” she asked.

“I don’t know. Wings would be cool, if I could fly. I think I’d rather be able to fit in, though. You know, not look like a mutant.” I replied.

“Oh, I don’t know.” she said with a smile. “I think cat girls are cute!” I rolled my eyes. Her and her manga!

We continued talking about different changes we might get for a while. We were interrupted when a nurse came in with a big plastic bucket. “Gender changes usually involve a lot of vomiting. If you feel the need, use this.” she said, and left. Greeeaaat!

I did get sick, later. A lot. For hours.

I couldn’t eat lunch, and I was so exhausted from throwing up so much that I slept through dinner. My whole body was sore when I woke up the next morning. A nurse came in and had me stand on a scale. I was shocked to see I had lost twenty pounds!

After breakfast, which I picked at, Dad came back and talked to us for a while. Then Dr. Carter came in and asked us how we were. He said the vomiting was normal and said we could go home now.

Dad had to sign some forms, then we returned to the hotel. I ended up spending most of the day throwing up again. I slept through dinner and woke up late the next morning.

Lisa was sitting on my bed next to me when I woke up. “Hey, how you doing?” she asked when she saw I was awake.

I was still sore all over. “Okay, I guess. How about you?” I asked.

She shrugged. “I got sick a couple of times, but nothing like you. I’m okay. Do you know that you look a little different already?” she asked.

I smiled hopefully. “Really?”

Lisa nodded. “Yeah. You’re a lot thinner, and your face seems less angular. Like the bones have changed or something.” she explained.

“Cool!” I exclaimed. “I wonder how long it will be before I’m all girl?”

“You’re already all girl!” Lisa replied. “But it won’t be too long before everyone can see it, I think.”

Lisa helped me out of bed; I was feeling really weak, as well as sore. She gathered up some clothes for me and left me with them in the bathroom. I ended up taking a bath instead of a shower, I felt too weak to stand for long. I could see what Lisa was talking about, I was a lot thinner. My hands and feet seemed smaller and thinner than before, and my arms and legs were a lot slimmer.

My clothes were huge on me! I had to use a belt to keep my pants up at all, and I was swimming in my shirt. Apparently I lost some height, because my shirt nearly reached my knees!

Lisa laughed when she saw me. “You’re going to need a whole new wardrobe when you finish changing!” she chortled.

I scowled at her. “Well, you better be nice to me or I won’t let you come along when I go shopping for it!” I said sternly.

“You wouldn’t!” she gasped. I smirked and then we were both laughing.

“Of course I wouldn’t, but I had you worried for a moment!” I said. She stuck her tongue out at me.

I was so weak that Dad decided I shouldn’t leave the hotel room until I was feeling stronger. I told them they should go out without me, I didn’t want to ruin their vacation, but they refused. “We can all relax here today. So long as we’re together our vacation won’t be ruined.” he said.

I couldn’t argue with that one, so we stayed in. We played card games for a while until I had to run to the bathroom again. How much could I throw up? I had already lost forty pounds!

I only threw up a few times that day, but I was still so weak that even playing cards was a strain. I kept falling asleep, so Dad carried me to bed. He commented on how small and light I was as he tucked me in. “My daughter’s going to be a petite little thing at this rate!” he said.

My eyes teared up when he said “daughter”. He seemed to understand how I was feeling because he hugged me tight for a while before covering me up with the blanket.

I felt a lot better the next morning. I wasn’t nearly as sore. I was also hungry, really hungry! Dad and Lisa laughed as they watched me eat breakfast. Apparently I had to break down my body before I could build it back up, and I was in the build up stage. Which needed lots of fuel.

I was really sleepy after breakfast (I ate twice as much as Dad or Lisa). I napped for a couple of hours, but then I felt great! We went for a walk. I noticed the hole in the fence had been fixed as we walked away from the hotel.

We managed to get a little shopping in and then had lunch. I was glad for the chance to sit, I was getting tired again. I was also ravenous, so I ate a lot. Dad anticipated me getting sleepy afterwards, so he called for a cab. It was a good thing he did; I fell asleep as soon as I sat down in it!

Lisa shook me awake back at the hotel and helped me out. She practically carried me up to my bed (I was so light now that she probably could carry me). I slept for three or four hours this time, but woke up feeling refreshed.

Despite feeling better, Dad decided that we would stay in the hotel rooms for the rest of the day. Dad laid back on his bed to read a book while Lisa and I played cards and talked.

“So have you noticed any changes?” I asked Lisa.

“Well, my back’s been itching all day. Other than that, nothing. Maybe I’ll get super strength or something without any outward changes?” she speculated.

I nodded. “Could be.”

Dad called room service for our dinner and went back to his book. He ordered a lot, probably expecting me to eat a lot again.

“So what about you, have you noticed any other changes besides getting thinner and your face?” Lisa asked.

Amazingly, I had noticed some changes just during the day. I guess all that food I was eating had sped things up. “Yeah. I think I’m developing some curves, if you know what I mean.” I answered.

“Really?” Lisa asked with a leer. She reached out to feel around my waist. “I think you’re right, but it’s hard to tell with these oversized baggy clothes. I’m surprised you don’t get lost in there!”

We both laughed at that. “Yeah, if I’d gotten any smaller I wouldn’t be able to wear them at all. As it is I had to cut new holes in my belt!” I said.

I was looking pretty ridiculous in my old clothes, but it was a little early to be getting new ones. “So how do you like being taller than me for a change?” I asked. I used to be a few inches taller than Lisa, but now I was a couple of inches shorter. I thought it was pretty cool, myself.

“I kind of like it.” Lisa answered.

Our dinner arrived then. I wasn’t as ravenous as I had been, but I was still pretty hungry. The funny thing was now Lisa was eating as much as me! Dad seemed a little embarrassed when he couldn’t eat as much as us. “Where do you put it all?” he asked after dinner.

“I don’t know about Lisa, but I’m hoping most of it goes right to my chest!” I answered with a grin.

“I agree, I hope it goes to your chest, too!” Lisa chimed in impishly.

Dad looked kind of confused at first, then looked embarrassed. “What about you Lisa?” he asked, trying to change the subject.

Lisa looked down at her chest and then back to Dad mischievously. “I think I’ve already got enough there, don’t you?” she asked.

Dad looked away, even more embarrassed now. This was fun! I looked over at Lisa and said, “I don’t know, a little more wouldn’t hurt anything.” I said with a leer of my own.

Lisa blushed at that. Dad chuckled, glad to see someone else on the receiving end.

Lisa and I both got sleepy after that. We went to bed early and slept right through the night.

I woke on my own the next morning and stumbled into the bathroom. I took a shower and was shocked and pleased to see that I had small breasts! I was also a lot more shapely than the previous day. I was really starting to look like a girl! My hair was growing rapidly, too. It was only a couple of inches long when we left home, now it was down to my shoulders!

After getting dressed in my tent-like clothes we went out for breakfast. I was feeling a lot more energetic now. We did some more shopping. We went to another of the stores Lisa wanted to see. Dad waited for us outside.

Lisa had a lot of fun in this store, too. She was grabbing all kinds of stuff. I was surprised; I didn’t think she had that much money.

After a while she had a pile of clothes folded over her arm. She came over to me and shoved the whole pile into my arms. “Here you go! Go try them on!” she enthused.

“Me?” I squeaked.

“Sure, you can’t wear that stuff forever. We’ll have to stick to loose fitting clothes for now, since you’re still changing, but we can at least get you something more appropriate. After all, you look a lot more like a girl than a guy now!” she answered.

I stumbled into a changing room in a daze and hung up all the clothes on the hooks inside. There was a lot of it! By the time I had the first dress on Lisa was knocking on the door. “You have to show me how everything looks!” she called through the door.

I stepped out to let Lisa see it. “Not bad!” she said. “We’ll put that on the maybe pile. Next!” she pushed me back into the changing room to try on the next outfit. This went on for a long time. It was a little tiring, but lots of fun!

Lisa finally settled on five tops, three skirts, and two dresses for me. I liked her choices a lot, though I added one of my own. We also found a couple things for Lisa. Dad came in to pay for everything, much to my surprise. Apparently he’d already planned this with Lisa.

We stopped for lunch after that. Lisa and I were still eating a lot. We both felt drowsy again afterwards, so we went back to the hotel to take a nap.

Dad and Lisa went swimming after our nap. I would have joined them, but I didn’t have a swimsuit I could wear. I watched Lisa swimming around. She kept trying to scratch her back, which I noticed was a bit red, like she had a rash. It also looked like it was swollen.

I pointed this out to her after she got out of the pool. “I wonder what that’s about?” she said.

After they got changed out of their swimsuits we had dinner in the hotel restaurant. We pigged out again, but managed to stay awake and talk while watching TV for a couple of hours before we fell asleep.

I woke up with Lisa’s arm draped over me. We’d fallen asleep in her bed watching TV. I carefully crawled out of bed, trying not to wake her. I took my morning shower and looked in the mirror to see how different I looked now.

I definitely looked like a girl now everywhere but between my legs, and that was so small that it was fairly easy to overlook. My hair was down to my shoulder blades, and my breasts were at least twice as big as the previous day. At this rate I’d be all girl within another day or two!

I got dressed in the clothes we bought. The top was really cute, but the skirt was going to take a little getting used to. I really liked it, but I felt so exposed! At least it was fairly long, about halfway between my knees and ankles.

I went back into Lisa’s room and sat on the floor to watch her sleep. She looked so peaceful, not to mention beautiful! And to think that she was actually interested in me, even before I changed! That just made me even more glad that I was going to be all girl soon.

She woke up and stretched, then noticed me sitting there. “Wow, you look great!” she said with a wide smile. “You’ve filled out some more, haven’t you?”

I smiled back at her. “Yep! I think I’m not far from being complete!” I said happily.

She crawled out of bed and onto the floor to hug me! She’d never initiated a hug with me before! “I’m so glad, and not just because you’re so beautiful!” she said.

I gaped at her. “Beautiful? Really?” I asked in shock.

She nodded. “Yep, and I bet you’ll be even more beautiful when you’re done!” she answered.

I was stunned by this. I thought I was looking pretty good, but she said I was beautiful! She gathered up some clothes and went into the bathroom for her own shower while I was mulling that over. I stayed where I was.

The water started a few minutes later, so I knew she was starting her shower. Then she screamed!

I rushed over to the door and knocked. “Are you alright Lisa?” I called through the door. It was locked, of course. I knocked and called again when there was no answer. I was just about to try again when I heard the door unlock.

I opened the door to find Lisa sitting on the floor with her back to me. She was naked, which was quite distracting, but what really grabbed my attention were the little white feathery wings on her back! They were only about the size of a hawk’s wings, but pure white. They were folded up against her back, so they looked even smaller.

I couldn’t help myself; I reached down and touched one of the feathers. It was silky soft. I shook myself and knelt down next to Lisa. “Are you alright?” I asked again. She seemed to be getting a hold of herself and nodded.

“Sorry about that.” she said. “They really shocked me.”

“I understand.” I replied. “Do you want me to go now?” I asked, since she was still naked. She paused for a moment, then nodded. The fact that she even hesitated stunned me! I got up and walked out of the bathroom, closing the door behind me. A moment later I heard it relock.

Dad, of course, slept through the whole thing. Did his ears stop functioning when he was asleep?

I felt like doing something, so I made up Lisa’s bed while she was in the shower. I sat on it afterwards and waited for her. It wasn’t long before she was back, also wearing new clothes. “Well, I guess we know where all that extra food’s been going.” she said.

I nodded. “Guess so. I wonder if you’ll be able to fly when they finish growing.” I said.

She smiled at that. “That would be cool. I guess I won’t be able to fit in like you wanted to do, though. I hope you won’t mind hanging out with a freak.” she said a little sadly.

I frowned at that. “Hey, don’t talk like that! You’re not a freak, you’re beautiful! Now everyone else will be able to see what an angel you are, just like I do.” I said forcefully.

She teared up a bit at that. “I’m no angel.” she protested.

“You are to me.” I answered simply. She hugged me for that one and we both went into the other room to see if Dad was awake or not.

He wasn’t, so we went back in Lisa’s room to watch TV while we waited.

He finally got up and got dressed, so we went down for breakfast. “I don’t know if I can afford to keep feeding you two at this rate.” he joked.

“That’s okay, I can catch my own.” I said with a wicked grin, then frowned. “Where did that come from?” I wondered aloud.

Lisa smirked. “Maybe you’re going to get some animal traits after all! Hey, let me see your hands!” she said suddenly, grabbing at my hands. I held them out for her. She inspected them closely, especially the nails.

“Do you see something?” Dad asked.

“Well, it does seem odd that her nails haven’t grown any.” Lisa said. It took me a moment to realize she’d referred to me as “her”. I felt a warm glow fill me at that!

“Aha!” she said, still examining my fingers. “I think you’ve got retractable claws!”

“Claws?” I asked. She released my hands and I took a close look at them. I could see what she meant; it did kind of look like my fingernails were different, as if they continued on into my fingers somehow. I don’t know why, but I flexed my fingers in an odd way and my claws popped out. They were about two inches long. They were curved and looked pretty sharp!

“Cool!” Lisa enthused. “I think they’re cat’s claws! Maybe you’re going to be a cat girl!”

I extended the claws in my other hand. They looked pretty formidable! I retracted them and extended them several times to get the hang of it.

After breakfast we went for a walk. Lisa persuaded us to stop in that same park where she’d interrogated me about the conversation we overheard. “You need to start using your real name.” she said to me. I had almost forgotten that Lisa knew my female name. I chose it back in second grade.

“Real name?” Dad asked curiously.

“She picked a female name for herself back in first or second grade, I don’t remember which.” Lisa answered.

“It was second grade.” I added.

“So what is this mystery name?” Dad asked.

“Jessica.” I answered, as Lisa seemed to be waiting for me to.

Dad nodded. “Nice. Well, Jessica, I think it’s time we got you some more clothes!” he said, so we went back to shopping.

I was pretty sure my feet weren’t going to get any bigger, so we got me a couple of pairs of shoes. When I was trying them on I realized that I had claws on my feet, too. After experimenting with them a bit I realized that if I extended them while wearing shoes with a closed toe it would ruin them. So I got sandals. They both had two inch heels on them.

“Are you sure you can handle them?” Dad asked, referring to the heels.

“Don’t worry, she can. She walks on her toes all the time.” Lisa said. “I think she pretends that she’s wearing heels when she does that.” she added.

I blushed, she was right about that. I’d been walking on my toes since before I met Lisa. I did it a lot, and I did imagine I was wearing heels when I did it.

As she said, I had no trouble with the shoes. Maybe if they’d been three or four inches they might have been a little awkward, but two inches was easy!

We also got me some underwear, though we stuck with sports bras since my breasts might grow more. I got a couple more tops and skirts and Lisa got some halter tops for when her wings were too large to fit under her shirt.

After lunch we were right back at it, though now we shopped for gifts. I found a necklace with an angel on it that I thought would be perfect for Lisa. I managed to buy it without her seeing.

We bought a swimsuit for me on the way back to the hotel so we could all go swimming this time. I felt really exposed in the one piece suit, but I also really liked the way it looked on me. I think Lisa did, too!

We splashed around for a while, then got changed for dinner. We just ate in the hotel restaurant, knowing we’d probably be tired afterwards.

I was eating a little less, but still a lot for my size. Lisa was still wolfing it down so I took that to mean her wings would get very big!

Lisa and I fell asleep on her bed watching TV again that night.

When I woke up I was the one with my arm draped over Lisa. I laid there for a while, just enjoying the moment. Eventually I had to get up to go to the bathroom. When I came out Lisa was awake and took my place in the bathroom.

I grabbed some clothes and went into the other room to take a shower. I still wasn’t really awake yet, I think, because it wasn’t until after my shower, when I was drying off in front of the mirror that I noticed the changes.

My hair had grown even more; it was down to the small of my back now. More startling was my ears. They had migrated to the top of my head and looked like cat ears! My eyes were also slitted like a cats, and green. My ears had short black fur on them that matched my hair. It took me a moment to realize that my hair had changed color, it used to be brown.

I was also all girl down below! I did a little happy dance at that, and noticed something move on my back. I reached back and found a little nub of a tail! I guess I really was going to be a cat girl! I hoped Lisa wouldn’t mind.

I brushed my teeth, and noticed they were sharper than before. I think my canines were longer, too, but I wasn’t sure.

When I got out of the shower I went back to Lisa’s room. She was wearing one of the halter tops we got her and sitting on the bed, flexing her wings. They seemed enormous, though I realized they were still too small for her to fly. I think she had a ten foot wing span!

“Wow, Lisa, they look great! How do they feel?” I asked.

“They feel great!” she said with a smile as she turned to look at me. “Hey, you’re looking great, too! I knew you were going to be a cat girl! Those ears are sooo cute!” she said as she stepped closer to me and felt one of my ears. She started rubbing it and it felt really good!

“You’re purring!” she exclaimed. I hadn’t even noticed, but I was! How weird!

Dad came through the connecting door and exclaimed, “Whoa, look at you two!”

Lisa smiled and flapped her wings a bit. I felt a little self conscious of my new appearance. “Do I look okay Daddy?” I asked uncertainly. I hoped he wouldn’t think I was a freak.

He smiled widely. “You look great Jessica! The cat features are a bit of a shock, but they suit you.” He answered warmly. I felt so relieved when he said that.

“How do you like your new wings, Lisa?” he asked.

Lisa smiled. “They’re great! I hope they get big enough that I can fly!” she answered enthusiastically.

We went down for breakfast after that. While we were waiting for our food I told them both that I was all girl, and that I was growing a tail. Lisa was beaming at the news. “That’s great! We’ll have to alter your clothes, though, or your tail will get squished. Is it uncomfortable now?” she asked.

I nodded. It wasn’t bad, but it was a little uncomfortable.

After breakfast we did our tourist bit for a few hours. We got a few stares, but nobody gave us any trouble.

After lunch Dad bought a sewing kit and we went back to the hotel to see if we could alter my clothes. We started with a pair of panties. We ruined a couple pair before we got it right, but we’d gotten lots so that wasn’t so bad. I put on one of the altered pairs and felt a lot more comfortable. I was wearing a skirt, so that didn’t need any alterations.

Altering all my new clothes that needed it took up the rest of the afternoon. We went out for dinner at a restaurant someone had suggested to Dad afterwards. They had really good food.

We were on our way back to the hotel when someone grabbed my arm. “We don’t need freaks like you around here!” a man’s voice sneered. I couldn’t pull my arm out of his grasp and had to stop. He was big, easily over six foot, and well muscled.

“Take your hand off of my daughter!” Dad exclaimed. He grabbed the guy’s arm, but he punched Dad in the face. He must have hit pretty hard, because Dad fell down from the force of the punch.

“Daddy!” I cried, and renewed my efforts to get away. The man just laughed at me and slapped me hard. I saw stars and fell, but he was still holding my arm.

Lisa screamed in anger and ran at him. He laughed, but his laugh turned to a grunt of pain as she jump kicked him in the chest. He fell back, letting go of my arm in the process. I would have fallen, but Lisa caught me.

“You okay?” she asked as she helped me up. I started to answer, when I saw that guy charging at us. Without thinking I jumped at him, claws bared. He took a swing at me, but I grabbed onto his arm and sunk my claws in.

He managed to shake me off and was about to hit me again when Lisa slugged him. He was knocked back a few feet and was unconscious before he hit the ground! I stared at Lisa in shock, and she looked just as shocked as me.

“I guess you got more than wings Lisa.” Dad said as he checked the guy she decked. “He’s out cold, that’s quite the punch you’ve got.”

I smiled and pounced on her. “My hero!” I purred.

She came out of her daze and caught me. “I told you you’d need me!” she said.

Dad called the police and we had to wait for them to arrive. One of them was really hostile towards us, but fortunately he wasn’t the one in charge. They took statements from us and put the guy that attacked us in their car and left.

It was getting late by the time we made it back up to our room. Lisa made a big fuss over my bruised cheek, while Dad watched bemused, holding some ice to his own bruised face.

Lisa and I curled up on her bed to watch TV again. Dad said we could keep sleeping together, so long as our clothes stayed on. I noticed Lisa was a lot more touchy-feely now. I guess me being all girl helped to get around her issues from her dad. I tried not to think about him too much, it made me so made I wanted to rip his throat out with my teeth!

I woke up all tangled up with Lisa. Her wings were so big now that we were practically wrapped up in a cocoon! My tail was a lot longer, too, and was wrapped around her leg. It felt so good to be cuddled up with Lisa that I didn’t want to move.

“This is nice.” Lisa said, startling me. I hadn’t realized she was awake.

“Yeah, it is.” I agreed dreamily. We stayed like that for a while, but one of Lisa’s wings went to sleep, so we had to get up. I took the opportunity to use the bathroom while she was trying to massage feeling back into her wing.

My tail was now about two feet long, so it was a good thing we’d altered my clothes. I thought my breasts might have grown a bit, too, but I couldn’t be sure.

When I came out of the bathroom Lisa was admiring her wings. She couldn’t stretch them out to their fullest anymore, they were too big. We guessed that her wingspan was up to fifteen to twenty feet now. They were still snow white, and really beautiful.

We’d moved all my stuff into Lisa’s room, since I was sleeping there anyway. Dad and I didn’t feel comfortable sharing a room anymore anyway. Actually, I never did, but I didn’t tell him that.

We both took longer than usual to get ready that morning. My hair was now down to my waist, so it took a while to wash. I also had to wash my tail, now. Lisa was even worse off, because her hair was already really long, but now she had these huge wings!

We had a pretty normal day after that. We got to see some more sights, and do some shopping. Lisa got several more halter tops, there was no way she could wear anything with a back.

It was a nice relaxing day for all of us. Lisa and I held hands most of the time, which was really nice!

The next morning I woke up to a face full of feathers. Her wings were even bigger! We finally untangled ourselves (before her wing went to sleep, this time) and got ready for our day. Lisa was really having a hard time now with her wings. They were so big she could barely get to her back when showering at all!

We talked to Dad about that over breakfast. Dad was sympathetic, until Lisa suggested we help each other wash in the mornings. “I don’t know about that.” He said uncertainly.

I was kind of surprised Lisa suggested it, but it did make sense. And it might be fun!

“Jessica is having trouble with her tail; she can’t really reach all of it well. And my wings keep me from washing my back very well at all. We could get ready in the morning a lot faster if we could help each other.” Lisa explained.

Dad took some convincing, but did give in. “Okay, I’ll allow it, but only if you both promise that you won’t mess around in there!” he said sternly.

We both blushed, probably because we’d both been thinking about it! We agreed, though.

We went to the park after breakfast. My tail was so long it would drag on the ground if I let it. My solution was to wrap it around Lisa’s waist. She didn’t seem to mind.

At the park Dad and I watched while Lisa tried to fly. Dad said her wingspan was up to twenty five or thirty feet now. There was only one clearing big enough for her to safely try and fly in the park. She spent an hour or so trying. She lifted off the ground a few times, but that was about it.

I consoled her afterwards. “I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it. Your wing muscles may not be fully developed yet. I bet in a day or two you’ll be flying all over the place!” I told her, as I hugged her.

She cheered up pretty quickly once we found another of the shops on her list.

We did some swimming in the pool before dinner. After dinner Lisa and I wrapped ourselves up in her wings on the bed to watch TV. We were watching a romantic comedy. I took a chance and kissed Lisa on the cheek while we were watching.

“What was that for?” she asked with a smile.

“I just wanted to.” I answered with a smile of my own.

“Well I just want to do this!” she said, and kissed me on the lips. I melted into the kiss; I couldn’t believe how wonderful it felt!

We were startled when Dad cleared his throat loudly. We pulled apart a little and blushed furiously. “I’m glad you two have each other, but don’t get carried away.” He said. We fidgeted under his gaze for a moment, until his face broke out into a huge grin.

We laughed nervously. “Ok, Dad!” I said. He went back to his book in his room. We didn’t kiss again that night, though I think we both wanted to!

I woke up before Lisa, and crawled out from our wing cocoon to use the bathroom. I didn’t notice any changes, so I figured I was done. Then I brushed my teeth and saw my canine teeth had gotten even longer and sharper. I had fangs! I hoped I wouldn’t cut myself with them.

Lisa didn’t seem to have changed any over night, though she said her wings felt different when she woke up.

At breakfast I was craving meat, so I had steak and eggs. Dad and Lisa were really surprised; I didn’t used to be a big meat eater. I was a lot less hungry than I’d been, though, so I couldn’t finish it. Lisa ate a more normal amount, too.

We went to the park again so Lisa could practice. This time she did much better. She did crash once, but I managed to catch her, kind of. We both ended up on the ground, but neither of us were hurt. She was a lot happier after her flying practice this time.

We spent the rest of the day shopping and seeing the sights. I was eating almost exclusively meat, so we figured that was part of my change, too.

We ended the day in front of the TV again, wrapped in Lisa’s wings. I could really get used to that!

Lisa and I washed each other the next morning as we had the previous day. It was great getting to see Lisa naked, but frustrating that we couldn’t do anything. I’m not sure either of us were ready for that yet, anyway, but it was still frustrating. It certainly sped things up in the mornings, though!

This was going to be our last full day in Hawaii, so we all wanted to make the best of it. We packed as much into our day as we could, and had lots of fun. We were exhausted by the time we returned to our room and fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillows.

In the morning we got everything packed up after getting dressed. Lisa stayed as close to me as she could the whole time. I think she was worried about going home, because of her Dad. I had to stop and take deep breaths to calm myself down when I thought of that!

Our flight was for late in the afternoon, so we left our stuff in the room and went out to have a little more fun before we had to go.

Lisa just got more clingy as the day went by. On the one hand it was really nice. On the other, it worried me. How would she handle seeing her dad again? How would her dad? Getting home was going to be interesting in all the wrong ways!

We had an early dinner and returned to the hotel. We checked out and made our way over to the airport with our bags. The line was almost as bad as back home! We got a lot of looks going through security. One of the security guards seemed really hostile, too.

I realized while we were waiting for our plane that the people in Hawaii are a lot more tolerant of mutants than back home. Being out in the middle of the Pacific, there were a lot more of them here. That made me wonder how much trouble we might have when we got home.

We only had two seats together on the plane, and Dad graciously allowed Lisa and I to sit next to each other. I think he’d also noticed how insecure Lisa was today. We exchanged angry glances and I knew we both wanted to kill her dad for what he did.

She held onto me the entire way on the plane, even when she was asleep. I returned the favor and tried to keep calm, for her.

We got more stares than we had in Hawaii when we left the airport. There were muttered words that were obviously aimed at us. Lisa was getting even more fearful and clung to me desperately. I wrapped my tail around her and held her close. I sat with her in the back seat of the car when we left so we wouldn’t have to be separated.

Mom made a big fuss over both of us when we got home. It was really late, but she’d obviously stayed up to wait for us. I had been a little nervous about how she’d react to me, but she acted like I’d always been her daughter! How cool is that?

I wanted to talk to Mom about Lisa and her dad, but Lisa wouldn’t let go of me, and I didn’t want to talk about him in front of her. Dad gave me a look that told me he would take care of it, so I led Lisa up to my room. We changed and crawled into bed, Lisa wrapping her wings tightly around us. It took her a long time to fall asleep, and me even longer.

In the morning we all talked over breakfast. We stuck to discussing our mutations at first. Only after we were done eating did Dad bring up the subject of Lisa’s dad.

“Lisa, I want to have a meeting with your parents.” He started. Lisa stared at him in terror and stood. She started edging backwards, like she was going to make a run for it at any time. I stood up and grabbed her hand.

“I never want to see him again!” she said fearfully, gripping my hand painfully.

“We’ll be there with you, as well as a police officer.” He said soothingly. “I won’t let him touch you.”

My tail wrapped around her without me even thinking about it as I said, “I’ll be there, too. He tries to touch you he’ll lose whatever limb he uses!” I hissed. Lisa smiled weakly down at me.

“You’re not going to be there.” Mom said sternly. “And I don’t want to hear that kind of talk from you, either.”

Lisa stood up a little taller as she said, “If Jessica isn’t there, neither am I.” There was such conviction in her voice that Mom and Dad didn’t argue any further on that point.

“Okay, so if we’re all there, along with a police officer or two, will you go?” Dad asked. Lisa thought for a moment then nodded.

“Good. I’m hoping your mother will drop your father like a rock once she hears what he’s been up to. If not, then you can stay with us as long as you want.” Mom said.

“Can you really do that?” Lisa asked.

“We’re certainly going to try!” Dad declared.

After that Dad went and arranged the meeting with the police. They’d contact Lisa’s parents. Within an hour they’d called back and said the meeting was set for two o’clock.

Lisa and I curled up on the couch in our usual cocoon. We talked to Mom and Dad while I tried to keep Lisa calm. We told Mom everything that had happened. She already knew about the mutation, and that I’d done it on purpose, but she didn’t have all the details.

Finally it was time to go and we all got in the car and drove over to the police station. They had a room set aside for us with a table and eight chairs. I sat next to Lisa, with Mom and Dad on either side of us. Two police officers came in with us and took seats at either end of the table. That left two seats for Lisa’s parents on the opposite side of the table from us.

Lisa cringed when her parents came in. I stared hatefully at her dad. Neither of them would look at us.

Lisa’s mom was the first to speak. “What have you done to yourself, Lisa? This is all that boy John’s fault, isn’t it? Where is he, anyway?” she asked.

That seemed to energize Lisa somehow. “She is right here, Mom.” She said and put her arm around my shoulders.

Her mom gaped at me for a moment before looking back at Lisa. “What are you talking about?” she asked.

“Mom, you know we both mutated! She became a cat girl and I got wings. It’s pretty straightforward.” Lisa answered calmly.

Her mom looked at me disdainfully before looking back at Lisa. Her look wasn’t exactly warm. “Get your hands off that thing, Lisa, and come home. I’m sure I can find a surgeon who can remove those.” she said, pointing at Lisa’s wings. I was horrified, how could she even think of removing Lisa’s beautiful wings?!

“Jessica is not a thing, she’s my beautiful girlfriend! And I’m not removing my wings!” Lisa replied angrily.

“Do you really expect us to believe you’re a lesbian?” her dad asked, amused.

The claws on my right hand, the hand not holding one of Lisa’s, popped out involuntarily as I gripped the table. A piece of it broke away in my hand as I yelled, “Yes, she’s a lesbian! Just because you raped her doesn’t mean she likes guys!”

The policemen were about to try and restrain me until what I said sank in. One of them turned to Lisa and asked, “Is that true?”

Lisa trembled, but kept her head held high as she looked back at the police officer and said, “Yes! He’s been doing it for years! But he’s never touching me again!” I nodded emphatically with that last part, flexing my claws menacingly.

Lisa’s mom looked shocked. She sat there for a moment, looking between Lisa and her husband before saying, “Lisa, how could you say something like that? First you get yourself turned into a freak, then you say you’re gay, and now you accuse your father of molesting you?! If that’s the way you’re going to behave, you can do it somewhere else!” She had slowly increased in volume as she spoke. Then she stood and started walking angrily towards the door.

She was met by a policeman at the door, who escorted her out. I think the rest of us were stunned. We knew her father was scum, but we didn’t expect her mother to do something like that! Now what would happen to her?

“I have to say I’m in agreement with my wife. Goodbye.” Lisa’s dad said dismissively and walked out.

I stood, intending to stop him, but one of the police officers said, “Stay put. There’s nothing we can do about him. Let’s concentrate on seeing what we’re going to do about your girlfriend.”

I sat back down. I so wanted to kill that man right then! Lisa was saying something, but it wasn’t registering. Then she started rubbing my ears. My eyes closed involuntarily. I found myself relaxing under her ministrations. Finally I opened my eyes and looked down at my hand. It was still tightly closed. I opened it, and there was little more than sawdust left of the piece of table that had broken off in my hand.

I guiltily emptied my hand out over the table. “Sorry about that.” I said apologetically to the policemen.

The one who’d told me to stay chuckled. “Don’t worry about it, kid. I wanted to kill that bastard, too. If it had been my girlfriend I’d have at least as much trouble restraining myself.” He said. Somehow that did make me feel a little better.

Lisa hugged me and then asked, “So what happens to me now?”

One of the police officers shrugged. “A few years ago you’d go to foster parents. With all the young mutants that have been abandoned by their own families these days, though, that system is totally overwhelmed. These days we find you a home wherever we can. My choice would be for you to stay right where you are.” He said.

My eyes widened at that. “Can she, really? Stay with us?” I asked hopefully, looking at Mom and then Dad.

“That’s fine with me.” Dad answered. Mom said the same.

“We’ve got some forms you’ll need to sign, then. Is this what you really want Lisa?” he asked, turning to her. She nodded emphatically. “Then let’s get to signing those forms.”

There was a lot of paper work to fill out. We spent the next couple of hours at the station getting everything settled. Then we went to her house with those same police officers to collect her stuff. Her parents weren’t happy about it, but they weren’t stupid enough to put up a fight. Unfortunately.

After that we went out for pizza, then returned home and unloaded all Lisa’s stuff. We had a bit of a fight with my parents before we got them to let us both use my room. We’d use the spare room for storage of anything we didn’t use often, but otherwise we’d fit in my room okay. Well, our room, now!

We all went to bed after that. One of the reasons we won the fight to share a room was because Dad pointed out that we’d been sharing a bed for a while anyway. We were soon wrapped up in our white, fluffy wing cocoon and sound asleep.

Lisa bounced back pretty fast after that. I think getting a chance to stand up to her parents had something to do with it. She said it was because of me!

We spent lots of time shopping over the next couple of weeks, building up my wardrobe and repairing the damage having wings did to hers. She had to get rid of almost all of her tops and dresses, except what she got in Hawaii. Mom insisted on teaching both of us to sew, since we’d probably need the skill to deal with our clothing issues.

We also started self-defense classes, just in case. They were really tough. Mostly because I had to curb my instinct to bite and claw, and Lisa had to be careful because of her strength. We went to a gym to see how strong we both are, but we could only test my limits, not hers. That was because none of the machines had enough weight on them!

We also found out that I’m really fast. I could run thirty miles an hour now, forty if I did it on all fours. I found out I could walk on all fours and my hips would shift around so that it felt totally natural.

Lisa also used that time to practice flying. She promised me that by the time school started up, she would be able to carry me to school while flying. And she did!

We got a lot closer over those two weeks, if that’s even possible! I gave her the angel necklace I bought in Hawaii, and she loved it! She gave me a necklace with a cat on it, too!

It’s kind of funny in a way. She used to get mad if I stared at her, or tried to hug her or hold her hand. Now she initiates it as often as I do, and does her own fair share of staring! We also kiss a lot, and Mom and Dad don’t mind so long as it doesn’t go any farther. I’ve never been happier, and I think Lisa feels the same way!

So that’s what I did on my summer vacation. I think I’m going to have to re-write this, though, because it’s got way too much personal stuff in it. I’ll write something a little less personal for school, and put this in my diary for safe keeping. Maybe Lisa would like reading it?


This story is set in the KittyHawk universe. It takes place about three years after the beginning of Chapter 1. I’ve tried to write it in such a way that you wouldn’t need to read KittyHawk to understand what is going on. This is my first attempt at a romantic story so please be gentle!

up
99 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wonderful

You did great for what you have to go off of and I really like it. Saless if you ever do continue with this, you can count me in as a fan.

Hugs
Jayme Ann
The answers to all of life's questions can be found in the face of a true friend

The answers to all of life's questions can be found in the face of a true friend

Thank you!

Thanks, Jayme Ann! I'm glad you liked it.

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Wings

Hi. Lovely story, there is one point I think draws away from it: with a 20+ foot wingspan, the girl won't be able to walk. Each wing would be far longer than she is tall.

Thanks!

As for the wings issue, a hawks wingspan is at least three feet, but a hawk is only about a foot long. If their wings were shorter then that they wouldn't be able to fly. The wings fold up, just like a birds. When they're folded up all the way they're almost flat against her back. They'd make her a little more massive, and change her center of balance, but she should be able to walk fine.

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Nifty

Hmm. I finally found something with illustrations of the folding mechanism. The jointed sections fold into thirds? I guess with three feet of shoulder width and and around 3 feet bone sections(so she can manage seats), that gives 2-5 foot feathers?

Isn't nature amazing?

I don't think the feathers would have to be that big, I was thinking about 1-2 foot feathers. But I guess they could be bigger.

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Birds...

...also walk hunched forward, so the weight of their wings balances the weight of their head and upper body. If she's to look like an angel, one has to think hard about the biomechanics.

Cheers,

Liobhan

-

Cheers,

Liobhan

One of the many ways

One of the many ways enhanced strength comes in handy! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I like the story, but....

I really do like the story but I think it falls down a little when you get to the "rape" part. I really detest rape and rapists and personally think all rapists should be drowned. Which is why it bothered me when the police didn't act on Lisa's statement that her father had been raping her. Allowing him to simply walk out? At the very least he should have been held for questioning...

Anyhow, them's my thoughts. Looking forward to seeing more.

Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue

Thanks!

Frankly, I didn't like that part either. But when I got to it I realized that she had no evidence. The last time had to have been at least two weeks prior (The vacation was two weeks), so there would be no physical evidence. If she had some witnesses who could back her up it might work, but she didn't. So the police didn't bother questioning him because they knew it wouldn't lead anywhere. If the mother had sided with Lisa, that would have been a totally different story.

I am in total agreement with your feelings on rape and rapists. The original draft didn't include it, but when I re-wrote it to fix some problems it had, this was one of the things that kind of pushed their way in. I didn't want it, but parts of the story wouldn't have made sense without it.

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

That's a beautiful story

I read KittyHawk, and I love it, now this, and I love it as well. Perhaps it has to do with the unusual transformations, I like everything that goes off the ordinary, in a good way. It let you dream about beautiful things.

I really wish I could get drowned in that pollution. It's strange how pollution can bring such wonderful things.

And, you don't need to fear readers wrath, your stories are very good. You get some wonderful ideas, and put them into words just right. I just wish your characters could be vegetarians, I don't like the ideas of killing to feed.

Mildred

Pollution to the rescue! ;)

Thank you Mildred! I'd love a dip in that stuff, too. When I think of where meat comes from it makes me a bit queasy, so I try not to think about it too much. I also don't like the idea of killing to eat, but then I think of the plants that we kill to eat. I know most people don't think of plants like that, but I do. But we have to kill one or the other or both. That's my perspective on that, anyway.

Anyway, thanks for that lovely comment!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Very nice!

I think you've done something very cool with the whole Kitty Hawk universe.

This story is very sweet, well written, but way too short!

Battery.jpg

Too short?

This is the single longest post I've done so far! ;) Actually, I tend to turn everything I write into a full length novel, even if only in my head. That's probably why I had such an easy time continuing KittyHawk.

I'm rather happy with how the KittyHawk universe is coming along, too. I'm glad you like it, thank you very much!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Some summer vacation!!

Hi Saless

That was some summer vacation!! Talk about taking risks!! John must have really wanted to be female, When you consider that he had no idea how he would turn out,However luck was on his side though and he got more or less what he most desired.

As for Lisa, Maybe following John into the sea was the right thing to do, When you consider what her parents were like!!! Creeps like Lisa's dad deserve to be locked up for a very long time.

All's well that ends well however, And it was lovely to see that Jessica and Lisa were able to be together at last....I do so love happy endings!!!

Hugs Kirri

Thanks for reading, and

Thanks for reading, and commenting, Kirri! I'm glad you liked it.

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Very Different

RAMI

Since I have never read anything in the KittyHawk Universe, or for that matter anything with transformations into quasi-animal beings, it took some time getting used to what was happening.

At times to enjoy the story, which was very well written, I had to overlook those changes. Initially, I though that Lisa was going to become male.. Then all the animal like development occurred.

I guess I need to read some other stories in the Kitty Hawk world to get a better grip on these tales.

So I guess I am saying, I enjoyed this well written story with a great plot and very romantic, with some reservations. For me it is hard to contemplate a world where some people have animal like qualities.

In this world, is it normal for people to mutate into animal like beings, but unusual for a change in gender? What causes other mutations? Is it something that just happens or requires some outside agent, like the ocean/beach pollution?

RAMI

RAMI

Thanks!

Thanks Rami! That you enjoyed it despite having trouble with that aspect sounds like a great compliment to me! I understand that these kinds of things aren't everyone's cup of tea. I know someone who isn't interested in anything that isn't firmly grounded in reality, so she wouldn't have any interest in this at all (Or quite a bit of the stories on this site, for that matter).

A little information on the KittyHawk universe as described thus far: The pollution is the only mutating agent. Gender changes are very common, but only male to female (This was explained only in this story, as having to do with the weakening of the Y-chromosome. I got that from a news article referred to in a blog entry on this site). Animal attributes, whether physical or psychological are also common. As are improvements in strength, speed, senses, and healing rate. I hope that clears some things up. For more background you can find my KittyHawk story here: KittyHawk

Thanks for reading, and commenting!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

mutant beach party

laika's picture

A really fun story. When it dawned on me that this was taking place in the same universe as your Kittyhawk series, I got all squirrelly- I LOVE spin-off stories, variations on a theme (a lot of my tales take place in the same general world as HUMOR ME, having the fictitious Star City in the make-believe West Coast state of Jefferson {headquarters of the Nanodyne Corp.} as their location...).And this was an excellent development of your universe...

One tiny little thing puzzles me though. Why did the family seem so surprised that the beach was closed? This is a world where this kind of thing has been happening for some time. It must've been on the news, common knowledge that places with beaches wer a hot zone for mutation, and that Hawaii might not be the best place to vacation. A quick "Damn! I thought they'd taken care of this" or something from the Dad might help explain this (as if he'd been duped by news reports minimizing the problem) ...... Or maybe I'm the only one who sees this as an issue here, I dunno, but anyway a great tale.
(the rest of this comment was moved to your Racoon story).

(Hmmmmmm, Mutant Beach Party. Now there's a story, What would Frankie and Annette turn into? Or Eric Von Zipper? Is Vincent Price behind this all? Okay, I'm sure these referrences are from before your time. Sorry, too much coffee today...)
~~~hugs, laika

.
The closest approximation to what it's like in my brain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u08E7c-FRbU&t=4s

Thanks Laika!

To answer your question: This phenomenon is largely restricted to coastal areas around the Pacific Rim. People who don't live in that area have very little contact with it. Beyond that, they just didn't think to check what was happening in the area before they came (A reasonable oversight, I think). It's kind of like going somewhere and forgetting to check the weather ahead of time. It can ruin your trip, but people do it all the time.

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I really enjoyed this story

I really enjoyed this story although I wish Lisa's father had got his just deserts but even so it was a nice story.

Thanks for sharing it.

Megumi :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Thank you

Thank you Megumi!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

^-^

Extravagance's picture

A lovely story. ^_^ I wouldn't say no to a good dose of that toxic waste myself. =|

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Thanks!

But I think it might be quite a line for that... ;)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

No need for a queue, if...

Extravagance's picture

...there were an Olympic-sized swimming pool full of it. In spite of the inevitable "pukey hangovers", it would the best (and most important) pool party EVER, as far as the "boys" were concerned. Indeed it would be very heartwarming to watch them happily jumping in (quite possibly in their OWN girl's swimsuits) in the knowledge that they were getting cured. ^_^

Catfolk Pride.PNG