Dreamwalker - 1 - First Dream

Printer-friendly version
Dreamwalker
by Saless
First Dream

Sean woke to a most unusual sight. He appeared to be lying on a cloud floating in mid-air. Many other clouds lay scattered about in the sky, some with people on them, some not. The cloud felt as solid as stone, but he could pass his hand right through it. What kind of dream is this? He wondered.

He stood to get a better look at his surroundings. The people on the other clouds appeared to have wings; large, feathery wings of many different colors. Some were now looking at him. Some appeared amazed, some shocked, and others hostile. One of the amazed looking ones flew over to Sean’s cloud.

“Hello, strange wingless neighbor! How did you come to be up here with us?” the tall winged man asked while tilting his head to the side in curiosity.

“Um, well, I don’t know.” Sean mumbled. He was sure this was a dream, but one that felt more real than any he had experienced before.

“How could you not know how you came to be in the clouds?” the winged man asked in astonishment.

“Well… I just woke up here.” Sean explained.

“How amazing!” the winged man exclaimed, clapping his hands excitedly. “Has this happened to you before?”

“Uh, no.” Sean answered.

The winged man dismissed this with a wave. “No matter. I am Veldrin, what is your name?”

“Sean.”

“Well, Sean, would you like a tour of our home?” the winged man asked, holding a hand out to Sean.

Sean glanced down over the edge of the cloud. The ground was so far below that he could make out no details at all. “Uh, I don’t know about that…” Sean began nervously before Veldrin cut him off.

“Let’s be off then!” Veldrin said in excitement, as he pulled Sean to him and carried him off into the sky, snow white wings beating strongly. Sean was amazed and terrified. He had momentarily forgotten that this was a dream.

“Where are we going?!” Sean yelled in both curiosity, and terror.

“Everywhere!” Veldrin answered loudly against the wind now rushing past them.

He flew Sean from cloud to cloud, introducing him to other winged people as they went. They seemed to live in the clouds, but there were no artifacts of daily life as he knew them. They wore no clothes, and their cloud homes were as unadorned. They were simply puffs of water vapor floating in the air, that were somehow solid as rock, too.

Eventually Veldrin grew tired of carrying Sean hither and yon, and settled back on the same cloud Sean woke up on. “You are heavy, wingless one! I am tired. How long will you be with us?” he asked once he’d regained his breath.

Sean’s mind was in a whirl with all that he had seen and took a moment to focus on Veldrin’s question. “Um, I don’t know.” He answered uncertainly.

“Well,” Veldrin said wearily, “I must leave you for now. Perhaps tomorrow we can spend more time together?” Veldrin seemed very enamored of that idea, despite his fatigue. He was still holding Sean’s hands and standing very close to him with an earnest and intense expression.

Oh no, Sean thought, not again! Even in my dreams I have to deal with this! “Uh, yeah, maybe.” Sean answered hesitantly, not wanting to encourage Veldrin but not knowing what else to say.

Veldrin seemed pleased with this, and hugged him tightly before turning and flying off to his own cloud. Sean shivered at his touch, but managed not to show it until Veldrin had gone. Why is it always me?! He thought.

Sean was also tired from his tour, and soon laid down to sleep.

He slept deeply and peacefully and was relieved to find himself in his own bed when he woke. That was the weirdest dream ever! And even in my dreams guys are coming on to me! He thought angrily. He could only hope he wouldn’t have any more dreams like that one!


up
52 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

He Could Be

Simply giving off the wrong vibes.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Could be...

Thanks for commenting, Stan!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

now you've got me hooked !

Men with wings that live on clouds.... Makes you think of angels.. But i'm not aware of any angels called Veldrin... No i have to say this sounds more like Greek/Roman mythology ...whatever.... all i know is i want to read more...soon please.

Kirri

Thanks Kirri!

Thanks Kirri!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America