Tragedy Of the Spirit Part 28 Defense Deposition

Printer-friendly version
Tragedy Of The Spirit-Revised
Chapter 28 Defense Deposition
By PrairieGirl64
Edited By Stanman63, Proofed By JennFl and Nora Adrienne

While lying in my hospital bed, contemplating my overall existence in the world. My depression worsened over the next few weeks. Why had I been so brutally attacked by Jason? Were we not friends? How would the attack affect my M.S. or epilepsy?

Then my world collapsed completely when I was told that I was almost paralyzed from the brutal attack that I had endured. Brutally assaulted I was. My God! what could possible happen too me now for crying out loud.? I cried for a days after that news. I sank deeper into my self imposed depression. I have never in my life felt so worthless and alone as I have in my entire life. Well; maybe while being assaulted and raped at home.

I can recall the Thursday morning at 9:50 A.H. when this elderly gentleman arrived at my door and asked, "Are you Melissa?"

I calmly replied "Yes I am."

He entered the room, "Hello, I am Grant Mc Vie."

Mr. McVie was tall and fairly robust. At slightly over 6 feet and about 255 he had graying hair at the temples and wore glasses that did no justice to his face what so ever. After the brief introductions and pleasantries out of the way, Grant asked, Can you recall the evening when you were attacked?"

I guess I should mention the fact he was representing my ex Jason.

"All that I remember is that I let Jason in and that he attacked Me. "

"My client, Jason is pleading not guilty. He claims that you deceived him for the entire time we were dating. He claims that it was an accidental beating that went too far."

I was visibly shaken at that stupid comment and statement. I damned well knew that, that asshole Jason knew exactly who I was from the very beginning. I literally started swearing at Grant and he eventually left, after the nurse came in and asked him to leave.

I asked the nurse to call the doctor as I was starting to have some severe pains in my chest. I passed out.

()(()()

I awoke three days later. The doctor that examined me told me, "The pains in your chest were from stress, and we have placed you on high sedation."

I told him, "I feel like my chest is about to explode."

They had placed a call the crown and that she was informed of the visit by Mr. Mc Vie.

&&&&&&&

Again I lay in complete confusion and pain. I continued to be depressed and wished in my dreams that I wanted to die. I was physically broken, emotionally exhausted. At the time, I saw no hope for me, at all.

Sheila my therapist visited for many days and weeks after that horrible event with that defense attorney. I started to have a bit of hope that I was going to make this work for me. I slowly began to contemplate my life after the hospital stay. I was reinvigorated when I was told that Jason's trial was to start in 5 months. I swore that I would be physically ready, or as much as I could be when that asshole went on trial. I started to envision him getting the death penalty. (Canada abolished the death penalty in the late 1960's).

I started to get a feeling of hope rather than despair. I knew I had some hope of being there from all indications. I was starting to heal and some of my bandages were removed. I was still heavily casted and braced on my legs and arms and heavily bandaged around my groin and ribs. I still wore the eye patch on my right eye. I still had extensive bruising on my jaw and neck. I hated the look. I looked like something out of a horror movie. Oh Yeah, my own horror movie, upon which I was the main player as well as victim.

The months passed by quickly and I slowly gained enough strength to be moved around again and back to physio. God, I hated that place. However I began to realize that I needed the assistance. Soon, the month of the trial approached and well, I guess that I had a number of questions I needed to answer.

One; Was I ready for this? Two; Could I handle being in the same room as Jason, my attacker? Three; Would I be able to handle the constant questions from Mr. Mc Vie? Four: How would the jury deliver its verdict? Five: What state would I be in when it started and when it was all over? Believe me I had thousands of questions, I just wish that I had all the answers too them all. They would be answered soon enough. If not all of, them some of them...............

up
21 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos