What I did on my summer vacation

Printer-friendly version

Due to a prank Jack's Summer isn't quite what he had expected.

What I did on my Summer Vacation

by

Paula Dillon

Amy Winters stood before her 4 th period English class with a stack of compositions in her arms and smiled coyly at her students.

“I was pleasantly surprised when I read your compositions. I see that I have some very good writers in this class. I look forward to seeing what you are able to accomplish through out this semester. I will read the top five stories. Don’t worry kids I know some of you would rather not have the details of your summer paraded before your fellow students, so I have altered names and changed some details.”

Jack Davis sat in his desk in a cold sweat. Ms. Winters was looking at her students in general, but he could almost swear her eyes were boring right through him.

Ms. Winters set the compositions on her desk and one at a time read them to the students. She had read three of the stories to the class and started on the fourth before Jack started to relax a bit. It wasn’t the story he had turned in, but as she laid the fourth story down, her eyes met his and bored deep into his soul. He felt it in the pit of his stomach that his story was the next to be read.

“Now the four previous students, I have no doubt, must have had really exciting summers. The next one though must have spent a boring summer playing Xbox or something equally boring, but I have to give them an A+ for their creativity and the name of a really good therapist, because they need help.” She said smiling at the students.

Ms. Winters picked up the composition and began to read.

What I may or may not have done on my Summer Vacation

I will neither deny nor confirm the incidents contained in my report happened or did not happen. I relay this story just for your pleasure.

Now my summer started with a rather childish incident that I am rather embarrassed to relate to you, but I feel compelled, Mom you can stop twisting ny arm now, to tell it to you anyway. My older sister Julie had an awards banquet to go to where she was to receive not one, not two, but three awards. I didn’t like my older sister, we never got along and we fought like cats and dogs. I am sure that many of you can relate to these feelings, they are not that unusual.

My sister thought she was a goddess and that we all should kneel down before her throne and worship at her feet. I of course, didn’t agree with this. So I made it perfectly clear many times how I felt. She also made it clear how she felt about me.

Now, what happened next on that night, I had no direct participation in, although Mom informed me that I was still culpable for what happened. Mom is a legal assistant by the way. By the actions that were taken by my alleged accomplices, at my behest, she informed me. I was therefore guilty of the said crime, because I conspired with my buds for it to happen. So therefore, even though I didn’t have any direct participation in the incident, I was just as guilty as the perpetrators of said incident.

Now that all of the legalese is out of the way, I can get back to the story.

It happened on the night of the awards banquet. Julie had spent weeks finding just the right dress, shoes and girly stuff for the banquet. She then spent all day getting ready at the beauty parlor doing whatever girls do, when they do what they do there. I have to admit that they did turn the toad of my sister into a great looking Lady. (I was told that I needed to include that in this story so the readers can see the gravity of my misdeeds.)

Anyways, my sister looked better than I ever can remember her looking. Mom took like two rolls of pictures and about twenty pictures with her digital camera, of my sister, as she came down the stairs and posing in front of the mantle piece in our living room. Everything was hunky-dorry in my sister’s world, till she took one step out the front doors. My buds then allegedly (Mom didn’t like me using that word, but I pointed out that they have yet to be convicted in a court of law of the incident, so that term fits.) hit my sister with three water balloons filled with water and what was suppose to be food color (It turned out to be laundry bluing agent, whatever that is). The perpetrators were never caught in flagrante delicto, but Mom assures me that she had ample evidence of their guilt and my complicity in the incident.

I laughed my ass off. I now realize that my response wasn’t a particularly politically correct thing to do. In fact, it was pointed out by my mother, that what happened constituted an act of assault upon the person of my sister and I should have shown some concern about what had happened to her.

It took Julie nearly two hours to get cleaned, made up and dressed in one of Mom’s formal dresses. She arrived late at the banquet and the Organizers of the event didn’t have the time for her to give the speech she had spent a month working on. Thankfully, she was able to walk up to the podium and receive her awards and a handshake, although she had a nice blue glow to her skin that her makeup couldn’t hide, I was told.

I was still up when my Mom and sister got home. I began to understand the depth of the trouble I was in, when neither of them said a single word to me as they headed to their respective rooms. I felt at that time that cowardice was the better part of valor in this case, kept my mouth shut and retired to my room.

I was sound asleep in my own bed when I felt my covers being ripped off my bed and two bodies land across my back and my legs. My briefs were pulled down enough to expose my butt and I felt a needle prick in my right cheek. The two women got off my legs and back. I rolled over and saw Mrs. Avery, Nurse Carter, Mom and my sister all standing in my room. I opened my mouth to ask them what was going on, when the lights inside my skull went out.

I don’t know when I awoke, how long I had been out, or what had happened to me. I only remember not being able to move and my sister sitting in a chair next to me. I couldn’t move my arms or turn my head or anything.

“Sis, what happened to me?” I managed to croak out.

“You don’t remember?”

“Shit no, my mind feels as clear as a bucket of muddy water?”

“Oh so you feel quite normal.”

“Sis!!!,” I screamed.

“I’ll get Nurse Carter to help you.”

Julie left the room and a few minutes later Nurse Carter came into the room.

“If you are nice I will release your restraints and let you get up. Otherwise I will just let you lie there for a couple of more days. Now, are you going to be nice?”

“Yes, I will be nice. What happened to me?”

“Do you promise to be nice? Swear it or I will break your Xbox.”

“Please don’t break my Xbox, I will be nice.”

“Good, we understand each other. Now I will release you and help you into the bathroom. You will take a bath and get dressed in just the robe hanging on the back of your door and the things on the counter. You will then come down stairs.”

“What happened to me?”

“All will be made clear when the time is right.”

Starting at my legs, Nurse Carter began to undo my restraints.

“Now I am going to remove your Foley.”

What’s a Foley, I wanted to ask, but I didn’t have time as she swiftly and painfully removed a tube from between my legs. I screeched as it was being pulled out.

“Now that wasn’t so bad was it?” She said laughing. “Now I want to remind you. I am bigger and tougher than you are. I can make a two hundred and twenty pound linebacker cry like a baby and you swore on your Xbox not to give me any trouble,” she said as she released the bonds on my chest and arms.

I really believed the part about making a linebacker cry like a baby, so I didn’t do anything, not that I would have anyway.

Lastly she removed a collar that she called a surgical C-spine, which had kept my gaze firmly straight up.

I gasped as I saw two tremendous bumps on my chest, which I had not seen before.

“WTF are those, I shouted.” The bumps seemed to move with me.

“Now watch your language or the restraints go back on, you will be fed by a baby bottle, you’ll wear diapers and the foley for the rest of the summer. All will be made clear to you when the time is right.”

Nurse Carter then helped me up, and I realized that I now had two huge boobs on my chest underneath the hospital gown I now wore. The weight threw my balance way off and I might have fallen, if not for Nurse Carter who helped support me.

“You have one hour to get cleaned up and down stairs, or I will come and get you. YOU DON’T WANT ME TO COME GET YOU,” she said softly, but emphatically enough for me not to risk that.”

She closed the door as she left me standing in the middle of the bathroom. I undid the three ties that held the gown on and let it fall in front of the big mirror. I wanted to shout as I saw my reflection in the mirror. I stood there with two of the biggest boobs I have ever seen, not that I have seen any except in a magazine or two, but never in real life. They weren’t the only curves I had either. I now had a narrow waist, wide hips, a bubble butt and shapely legs. I was completely female; I could see that my crotch looked like those girly mags pictures. I stood transfixed, unable to speak or move, only the parting words of Nurse Carter, ringing in my ears were enough to get me moving.

I hurried to the bathtub and poured some bubble bath in the tub and started the water, making sure it was going to be warm enough. That is funny I thought, I never took a bath, preferring the shower to sitting in the tub, and I haven’t had a bubble bath since I was three or four years old. I then got my shampoo, conditioner and a fresh razor. I found that very strange, as I only had to shave once or twice a week and never in the summer.

I quickly lathered up and shaved my legs, and my pits. WTF! What the hell am I doing, I thought, as I stroked the razor up my legs and arm pits. I then washed my hair twice and conditioned it, which I didn’t remember being so long.

I then got out of the tub and patted myself dry before dusting my body with powder. Inside I was crying, but it seemed my body had an agenda of its own. I then noticed some things on the counter that I not noticed before. There sitting on the counter was a bra and a pair of panties.

Unconsciously, I picked up a pair of silky pink panties. I felt revulsion and fascination as I stepped into them. The feel was electrifying as I pulled them up to my groin; I just don’t know how to describe the wonderful way my skin reacted to the fabric. My nipples became erect and engorged, looking like large pencil erasers, you know the half inch or five eights inch variety that little kids use.

I then picked up the bra and drew it up my arms. I leaned forward to fit my large breasts into the cups and expertly hooked it up behind me. Having never worn a bra or actually seeing a live girl do this, I was freaking out a bit, but the girl in the mirror showed no distress. I lastly had to adjust the straps, as the band of the bra was rubbing my arm pits and my nipples, still stiff, were pointing somewhat skywards.

I then wrapped my hair in a turban with a towel and dressed in a short silk kimono robe. I checked out the girl in the mirror once more before heading down stairs.

When I got downstairs I saw Mom, Sis, Nurse Carter, Mrs. Avery, and Mrs. Wilson sitting around the kitchen table.

My mother then told me to SIT, very emphatically. I sat with my back to a large bay window with the sun coming in over my shoulder. I knew it was evening at least, but not what day.

Julie put a large case in front of me and said that this was mine. Mrs. Wilson, another neighbor who worked at a major department store, set a brush, a rat tail comb, a bowl of rollers and plastic pins in front of me. I opened the middle of the case up and exposed a large mirror and a set of lights that came on.

Still not knowing what I was doing, but still knowing what to do, I unwrapped my hair, combed it out and began to roll it up on the curlers. In twenty minutes I finished the roll up and opened one of the drawers of the case. I selected an Emory board and began to work on my nails. I was amazed that they were about three quarters of an inch beyond the tip of my fingers. I usually kept them right at the quick. I filed them one at a time into pointed nails, about a half inch past my fingertip. I grabbed a bottle of red polish and expertly polished each of the nails in three smooth strokes. I plucked my brows, in not a thin arch, but a feminine arch none the less, then used the rest of the makeup on my face, the concealer, foundation, eye shadow, eye liner, brushed my brows with a pigment to make them pop, lip liner and lipstick.

All the while I was amazed, confused and frightened at what I was doing. All the while I wanted to scream but I sat silently doing what needed doing, which I didn’t know what I was doing, but doing it none the less.

When I finished, I smiled and at the same time I wanted to throw up at what I had done to myself. I noted that I was as pretty as my sister, but I could still recognize myself, just barely.

Mom got up and began to speak. “I know you are wondering what happened, why did it happen and how you knew to do all that you did? Am I right?”

“You ain’t shitting, are you Mom.”

Nurse Carter stood and exclaimed, “I warned you about your language, young Lady. Now hear this, EACH TIME you curse, lie or talk back to any of us, you will grow a half inch in your bust, shrink a half inch at your waist and gain a half inch in your hips. Go ahead and try it.”

I said, “Shit.”

My bra and panties got a little tighter although they were not uncomfortable.

“In an hour you will go back down to what you were, but if you do it anymore they will stay at that size till your assignment is over,” Nurse Carter said.

“My assignment?” I asked.

“We will get to that later, I will first answer your other questions,” Mom said. “First the reason why you are the way you are. You chose one of the most important days in your sister’s life and ruined it. I know you were in the house and didn’t actually throw a water balloon at your sister, but you were culpable as an accessory and conspirator to the act. Don’t deny it.”

“I won’t Mom, but Sis has been harassing me and my friends for three years, right in front of you.”

“I know, because of this your sister and I have our own penance, but that still doesn’t relieve you of any of your responsibility. You did it.”

“Yes I did.”

“Ok, what happened is next. We have some friends that are proficient in magic. I know you don’t believe it, but I don’t think you can deny that something has happened. Am I right?”

“No I can’t deny something strange has happened and although I find it hard to believe, I can’t disprove what you have said.”

“So now you have a penance to do. You will stay this way till you complete a series of tasks. I have a list of them for you. You will do each and every one of them.”

“And if I don’t?”

“How do you feel about going to school in your Junior year as a girl?”

“Oh…,” I wanted to say more but I caught myself.

“Good girl,” Nurse Carter said.

“So what do I have to do?”

“First you have to repay your sister and I for all the money you cost us.”

“How much is that?”

Julie said. “Three thousand five hundred for the dress, three hundred for the pumps, three hundred for the hair and makeup. We rounded things down to three thousand dollars or you wouldn’t be able to pay everything off this summer.”

“I got a little over that in the bank already.”

“You can’t touch that money to pay her off. You are going to work for Mrs. Wilson this summer. You will work off your debt,” Mom said. “Next you are going to dance in the end of the summer cotillion. You will go on at least eight dates with your friend Richard. You will measure and help a girl select her first bra and help her in the dressing room if she needs it. You will help a lady pick her bridal lingerie. You will help a girl find the perfect formal dress. You will help console a grieving girl. There are a dozens of other things on this list. I suggest you read it closely or get use to skirts and dresses for the rest of your life.”

“May I ask a question?” I said as politely as I could, hoping not to anger anybody here.

“Yes you may.”

“If this is all my fault, then why are you and Sis having to do penance?”

“An insightful question. We are having to do penance for several reasons. First it is our cost for the spell. Secondly we were judged culpable for your behavior. Julie did pick on you. I knew it and did nothing to help correct the situation. I hoped that you two would grow up and be nice to each other. I should have done something.”

“What are you and Julie having to do?”

“First we have to do everything we can to help you complete your tasks. Julie will work with Nurse Carter in the pediatric cancer ward for the entire summer and having to help you deal with your girlish issues. I am having to be the mother I should have been for both my children, I am having to volunteer at a shelter and I am still going to have to spend more time with both my children, with no time limit for me, for now. In some ways, you are getting off lightly compared to us.”

“Do I have a choice in all this, or will everything be automatic, like all of this,” I said, indicating all the things I have done.

“We all have choices, but we all have consequences too. You will have to choose to do each of those tasks to get back to Jack, or you will stay Jacqueline, which is your name now. You have till the moon sets on the last day, before school starts this year, to do everything. The next sunrise you will be a girl for at least a year, if the tasks aren’t complete. Extraordinary behavior will have pluses and minuses depending on if it is good or bad, and may even cancel out or add to your tasks.”

“What if you two don’t do what you are supposed to do?”

“That is between us and the sisters, but believe me, it won’t be pleasant for us if we or you fail in our tasks.”

Nurse Carter got up. “Oh for your safety, you are under a limited protection spell right now. You can be attacked, but not seriously injured. The attackers will face our wrath. It will be seven times seven worse for them, than you. To everyone other than us, you are and have always been Jacqueline Davis.”

“Why all of this, why not just zap me into being what you think I should be?”

“It is your life, your choice. We hope that you will learn to be a human being. If we just zapped you, as you put it, you would just be a puppet. We aren’t allowed to do that.”

“What if Richard won’t date me?”

“He will; it is part of his trials too. Your friends are not getting off easy. You may be treated a little better by them than they usually treat girls, but they won’t hurt you. Come fall Richard, Pete and Gary will still be friends with you. By the way, your hair is dry comb it out.”

I began to comb out my hair while the others told me stuff I needed to hear. One thing I learned was, I knew as much, or a little more, than most girls about the mechanics of being a girl. That is, what I have been using since I started my bath. I wouldn’t have to be taught standard makeup and hair care techniques.

Mrs. Wilson, my boss told me, I will be making 4 dollars an hour, plus five percent commission, on all my sales. She told me about my dress code, the hours I work (nine thirty am - till seven pm, Tuesday thru Saturday. Two fifteen-minute breaks and forty-five minutes for lunch.) and other things I needed to know. I would begin in lingerie for the first month; Gowns and Formals the second month, and the salon for the last month.

My hair was beautifully finished, the ladies handed me pantyhose, slip, a nice skirt and a silk blouse. My sister handed me a pair of pumps with four-inch heels. I had no problems dressing in the proffered items except the heels. The ladies told me that that was a right of passage for girls and I had to learn like they all learned. Heels were required at work also, but only two and three quarter, to three inch heels, which I learned was a blessing and a curse.

They all applauded my efforts and gushed over my appearance. They each took pictures of me as they had me pose for them. Even Julie had good words to say. Mrs. Wilson said, ”That this was the minimum on how I should look for work.”

Lastly Nurse Carter said, “You won’t be able to coast through these tasks, you will have to make an effort on many of them, while others may pass without you noticing a thing. Your list will update itself magically.”

I got hugs and well wishes from all the ladies. I was still pissed about everything, but in a strange way I knew the punishment fit my crime.

Mom then said as if reading my mind, “You are beginning to understand. You were so out of control at times, I was worried that you might end up in jail or worse. I am sorry we had to do this to you, but proud of how you have handled it so far.”

“I don’t know Mom. I know if everyone gave tit for tat we would end up a nation of blind people stumbling around. I am sorry Julie that it went this far. Can you forgive me Julie?”

“Only if you can forgive me, you big jerk,” Julie said playfully.

“Why did they make my breast so big? What are these, forty four triple D’s?”

Mom and Julie laughed at my discomfort a bit and Mom said. “They are only 34 D’s Jackie. Your sister begged for 34 DDD’s. They said they would do that, if she got 36 DDD’s.”

“I am a thirty six C and I already think that I am big enough.”

“And I am a thirty eight D Jackie, so I pretty much know how you feel,” Mom said.

Mom looked both Julie and I over and said, “Well we all look so nice, let’s go out and eat,” as she handed me a purse that matched my outfit.

I instinctively checked the purse and found everything a girl would need. I even checked and repaired my makeup before we left.

Julie filled in a few blank spots, while Mom drove to her favorite Bistro. Like it was Sunday and everything had happened on Saturday night. My transformation had only taken two hours and she added that she hoped I would do this right, because except for my bras and panties, she could wear everything in my closet now.

“The day Jack comes back, I get all your nice clothes that I helped pick out. So there isn’t anything freaky that you have to wear in your closet.”

At the restaurant, the waiters were fighting over who got to seat us and who our server was. I knew from watching them that they made a fuss over any unescorted ladies who happened in. I guess it was a ego boost type thing that made the place more special to them.

They happened to seat us a few tables away from the Parkers (Richards’s family). I can’t remember seeing Richard look so well dressed before. He smiled and came over to where we were sitting.

“Hey, you three ladies look so fine. I don’t know which one to ask out for a date.”

He flirted shamelessly with Mom, then Julie and then me. They just smiled and said how handsome he looked tonight.

“Hey Jackie, really can you go out to the movies on Friday.”

Knowing that this was one of my tasks, I smiled at him and said, “I will have to check with Mom and it will have to start after I get off from work. I have a J O B now and won’t get home till seven thirty or so.”

“How about it, Mrs. Davis?” Richard asked.

“As long as she is home by midnight, it’s ok. At twelve-oh-one I will turn you into a toad. Jackie has to work on Saturday.”

“Ok, then I will see you at seven forty five.”

“Make it eight fifteen, give the girl a chance to unwind and change,” Julie said.

“Eight fifteen it is then. See ya.”

After he left I turned to Mom. “He knows I was Jack right?”

“No, only the ladies you met today know you were Jack.”

After we finished eating we all went to the ladies room, I took care of my business, sitting of course, and repaired my makeup.

At home I looked closely at the list, three of my tasks were completed, but then others had appeared. Some of the new tasks had numbers, but no text besides them.

“Mom, some of my tasks have been completed, but others have appeared. What does this mean? Some of the new tasks are just blank.”

“Oh dear, the spell is deciding that you need more work. I would guess the blank lines are things you should do, but either don’t do, or don’t do often enough.”

“Like what Mom?”

“That you will have to discover for yourself. Don’t worry, once you do them, the answers will appear and you will get the idea for the others.”

“But Mom, if the list is going to keep growing, how am I ever going to complete the tasks?”

“The spell knows the time constraints and wouldn’t make your tasks impossible to complete.”

I was still worried, and sincerely hoped Mom was right.

It was late, so we all headed to bed. At the top of the stairs, Mom stopped us and gave my sister and I hugs and kisses. Julie turned to go to her room after saying goodnight. I stopped her and hugged her rubbing her back a bit, as she did this to me.

I dressed in a silky nightshirt and marveled at the feel of it on my body. It took a while to get comfortable, due to my new breasts, but I eventually fell asleep.

**************

I awoke with a crick in my neck the next morning. I usually slept on my stomach, but my new appendages made that impossible. I glanced at my clock and the number 5:45 seared in the back of my eyes. I hardly ever woke this early, but I was never one to go back to sleep after opening my eyes, so I got up. I put my kimono robe on and went to the bathroom. Nobody was up yet, but I knew Mom would be getting up shortly. She worked from 7:45 to 7:00 most days in her law office. I realized that she worked hard, so we could live a decent life.

After taking care of the essentials, I went downstairs and started the coffee pot and made breakfast for myself and Mom. When Mom came downstairs, she had to do a double take. None of us had ever made her breakfast before.

“Your up early, couldn’t sleep?”

“Nah, I had a terrible crick in my neck, thanks to these,” I said indicating my chest.

“Yes, I understand. Girls have had a lifetime to get use to them. You’ve only had a night,” Mom said, “Thank you for fixing my breakfast, Jackie. I usually just grab something on the way to the office,”

“I have been such a turd, the last few years, haven’t I?”

“I wouldn’t go that far, but you’ve made life difficult at times. I still love you though.”

“I love you too, Mom.”

We both sat and ate. We talked about bits and pieces, about nothing really earth shattering, but it was fun just talking with her.

“What is on the agenda today?” I asked.

“Mondays are for you and Julie, no exceptions. This is part of your tasks and hers. Do whatever you two want, just do it together.”

Mom hugged me tightly for several seconds and kissed my cheek, before grabbing her things and leaving for the day.

Julie wouldn’t be getting up till it was closer to eight. She always had trouble waking up. So I took this time to get dressed.

In my closet I saw everything a girl needed to dress in. There were dresses, skirts, blouses, pants and such, in a rainbow of colors. For some reason, I avoided the pants and I chose a pale yellow blouse and a medium blue mini-skirt. I set these on my bed and went to my drawers and chose a pale yellow bra and panties, a silk cami and suntan pantyhose. I got dressed and chose a pair of medium heeled black sandals. I then brushed my hair till it looked nice and did my makeup. I unconsciously did my face according to the time of day and what I was wearing. When I was finished I marveled at how nice the girl in the mirror looked.

I heard my sister Julie begin to stir, so I went downstairs, began another pot of coffee and made her breakfast.

Julie came downstairs looking like a hurricane had hit her. Her hair was going in a thousand different directions, bags under her eyes and clutching the robe under her chin. That is the Julie I always remembered. She dove into the coffee pot, so to speak, fixing her extra large coffee cup before noticing me.

“Jackie, my god, you look good.”

“You look like something the cat drug in,” I said, putting a plate of food in front of her.

The eggs, bacon and toast didn’t stand a chance as my sister sat to eat. She smiled at at me as she chewed her food.

“Umm, this is good. I love how you spiced up the eggs.”

“I just used salt, pepper, chives and a dash of Tabasco.”

“I know, they are good.”

“So what do we do today?”

“You have your first date Friday; we have to find you the perfect outfit.”

“I already have a closet full of clothes. I don’t know if I will be able to wear all of them this summer.”

“They are just your everyday things; we need to find something special for your first date.”

“I don’t understand. It is just Richard my friend; he has known me for years.”

“You only have one first impression, one first kiss, and one first date. Everything needs to be just right.”

I had never liked to going shopping for clothes. I just grabbed something off the rack my size that I liked and whenever I had everything I wanted, I headed for the cashier. Mom and sis could spend years it seemed, looking for one outfit, after trying on thousands of outfits. I know it is an exaggeration, but just barely.

“Alright, we’ll go shopping.”

Sis smiled, gave me a kiss on my cheek and almost ran upstairs. It took her an hour and a half to come downstairs, looking as good as I did. That’s ok, I guess. The Mall didn’t open till ten and it was just nine. She made herself one last cup of coffee, before turning off the pot and sitting down.

We talked for half an hour or so. Again it was about nothing important or earth shattering news, just pleasant conversation. She had never spent more than ten seconds talking to me without lecturing before. I kind of liked this new Julie, but maybe it was a bit me too. I never had a good word to share with her before.

We then got our purses, checked our faces and headed out. The first thing I noticed was my rust colored 1970 Shelby Cobra was gone. It was rust colored because of the rust. It ran, but it was a money pit. In its place was a 5 or 6 year-old, blue, VW bug, similar to Julie’s Mazda.

“Let’s take your car, Jackie. I need to take mine in for servicing.”

“Then take your car and follow me to a shop, Julie.”

She got in her car to followed me to Luke’s Auto repair. My stick shift had been replaced by an automatic transmission, which was fine considering my heels.

At Luke’s I asked him to check a bunch of things, oil and lube and alignment. I had seen sis pulling to the right a bunch of times, especially in braking. I didn’t want her to break down or have an accident because her car wasn’t right. Her driving was already frightful. Sis gave him her cell phone number and we were gone.

At the mall, it was like Sis was high on crack or something. She loved shopping; it was like a drug to her. She excitedly took me from shop to shop. It was inevitable, I guess, that I caught some of her enthusiasm. I must have tried on a hundred things, looking for the right outfit. The first thing I learned was my boobs made finding the right tops and dresses very hard. Blouses would pucker, allowing my bra to be seen, dresses wouldn’t hang right, even though they were my size.

“Finding clothes that fit isn’t this hard for you, is it Sis?” I asked.

“No, although I am bigger than a lot of girls, I don’t have the same problem with my breasts that you do. Getting clothes that hang properly is one of the reasons models are so skinny.”

After five hours of shopping, I finally had the right outfit from the skin out. I have to admit it looked good on me and it was kind of fun once I got into the shopping thing.

We were surprised when we got home to find Mom there at five thirty. She was only about two hours early.

“Hi girls, did you two have fun today?”

“Yes we did, we found the perfect outfit for Jackie’s date on Friday. Why are you home so early?”

“Well, I told my boss that I really needed to spend more time at home with my family. I said it was getting where I really don’t know my own family anymore. We had a staff level discussion about the topic. The partners agreed to limit the late nights to two or three nights maximum.”

“That is great Mom, I am happy for you,” Jackie said.

“Well, let’s see this perfect outfit. I have the MOTHER’S RIGHT of rejection.”

I went to my room and dressed in the skirt and blouse we had bought. The blouse was a white, translucent, chiffon; I remembered to also put on the lacy camisole. The blouse was big enough to cover the breasts without puckering and was tapered to the waist. The skirt was a short pleated mini, in a Royal Stewart tartan, which came to just above mid thigh. I completed the look with some white knee socks and some black pumps, with a four-inch heel. It was almost the classic schoolgirl look, but I liked it.

Mom tut tuted when I came out and exclaimed that the skirt was a little short. I raised the hem about three inches and said, “That this is where most girls wear their minis.”

“Yes, that may be true, but you are not most girls, you are my girls, and I love you.”

“I have to admit that it looks good on you. Are you satisfied with your appearance?”

“Yes Mom, I am.”

“Then I think it will be alright.”

We had a rousing conversation while we ate dinner. It was something we hadn’t done in ages. Mom was playing the clown for most of the time, to keep things going. Afterwards we all sat in the living room and watched a movie that Mom had picked up on the way home today.

**************

The next day I began my new job. I met Mrs. Wilson in lingerie after running through the Human Resource maze. I had my picture taken, thumb printed, had a thousand pages to read and sign, given the twenty-minute sexual harassment talk and finally welcomed to the store.

Mrs. Wilson took me into the back and read me the rules concerning lingerie. You know panties cannot be tried on because of health reasons and that included anything that came up to the crotch, such as teddies and body briefers. I was told to offer a fitting to anyone wanting to try on bras. We spent twenty minutes on how to measure a client for a bra. I was then shocked to find the store had a policy on fitting men with bras. The store had a second fitting room around the corner marked office. It was the entrance to the office, but there was a door that led to the second fitting room. I was told that we were not to embarrass any man wanting to try on a bra.

After I measured Mrs. Wilson for a bra, along with several other co-workers, I was given a register and let loose on the floor. It was strange; I was like a magnet to women wanted to be fitted for bras. Some said they came to me because I had a big chest and would understand their needs.

It was hard finding time to take my breaks and to get away for lunch. Mrs. Wilson helped there, by deflecting customers to other sales ladies.

By the end of my day, I was sitting a close second in sales, having rung up nearly three thousand in sales. One lady bought a dozen bras, the store has a bra club, where you buy six, you get one free, so she left with fourteen. They were all top dollar bras.

“Ms. Baxter does that twice a year. She replaces all of her bras at the same time. A bra looses it stretch and support after a number of months of constant wear. She might wear two or three different bras a day, depending on the clothes she is wearing,” Mrs. Wilson told me.

I was the last one home this day; we all sat around and talked about our day as we ate dinner. Julie was really excited about her day. Her job was to provide whatever assistance any of the pediatric cancer patients might need, other than medical assistance. She said there were some really sweet and mature kids in that ward.

I then told Mom and Julie all about my day. They smiled when I told them about all the women I fitted and all the various types of lingerie I had sold. I was teased about Jack seeing all those semi naked women, till I reminded them that I was Jackie and for the most part I was just like them.

I checked my list before bedtime, I had quite a few items checked off, but the list was a little longer yet. I had a half dozen of the blank lines that were filled in now spelling out what I had done to get them checked off. I was worried that the list was growing, but I just had to trust what mom had told me. As I thought about that, another blank line became visible. So the spell wasn’t being malicious to me I thought. Another line became visible.

**************

Friday, I tried to get away from work early, so I could get ready for my first date, but the number of customers that we had all day, prevented that. In fact, I was about ten minutes late. Julie hurried me to my room and helped me to get undressed and into the bathroom, where I did the wet bath cloth thing to get the smell off. She did my hair, as I worked on my makeup and then helped me to get dressed. I was finished about two minutes before the doorbell rang. Julie made me wait in my room, until Mom had an opportunity to talk to Richard for a few minutes.

When I came out, I was speechless for several seconds. In all the time I have know Richard, I have never seen him dressed so nicely. He usually wore some grunge band’s T-shirt and blue jeans that had seen better days. Today he looked almost preppy. He was dressed in a nice polo shirt and a new pair of chinos; even his shoes were shined.

“Hi Jackie, are you ready?”

“Yes, I see you cleaned up nicely.”

“Yeah, my Mom made me get some new clothes and threw away some of my favorite threads.”

“Well you look nice, you ought to dress like this more often.” I said, even though I didn’t know why I had said it. Jack had no problem with how the guys dressed, because he didn’t dress much better.

“Remember, have her home by midnight or I will turn you into a toad,” Mom said, laughingly.

After what has happened to me, I wasn’t so sure she couldn’t.

Anyway, we had to hurry to get to the theater. It surprised me a bit when Richard actually opened the door for me. I turned and sat smoothing my skirt beneath me, before turning in the seat. That was another thing that was automatic for me now.

At the theater, I was surprised and a little angered, when Richard didn’t ask my opinion for which movie we should see. There were four action flicks, a couple of chick flicks and two that were fairly neutral. Richard of course chose the most popular action flick. It was a movie that I know I would have chosen as Jack, but for some reason, I was offended that I wasn’t asked what I liked.

I couldn’t understand why I wasn’t getting into it like I usually did. I wasn’t amused by all the chase scenes, or by all the explosions, or even the major shoot outs toward the end.

About halfway through, I did feel an arm snake around my shoulder. That wasn’t unusual for a guy on a date I thought, so I let it stay. That is until I felt his hand try to find my boob. I removed the arm only to find it slipping back as covertly as Richard could be. From there till almost the end of the movie, it seemed like Richard had eight arms, like a spider and I was his fly.

“Stop It Richard, or I am going to call my sister to come and pick me up.”

“Oh come on Jackie, we have known each other for years, can’t we have a little fun.”

“Richard, we may have known each other, but this is our first date. You don’t try to get laid on the first, second or tenth date. Come on, I am leaving, are you coming.”

“Damn it, yeah, I am coming.”

He was driving me home, when I saw we were coming up to a burger joint. “Stop there, we need to talk.”

Inside, Richard waited for me to sit. I did, but at the end of the booth. I didn’t intend to make room for him. After he stood there waiting for several seconds, he got the hint and sat across from me. I waited till after we had ordered before I spoke to Richard.

“Richard, I have known you for ten years or more. I was surprised at the way you acted at the movies. How many dates have you been on?”

“You already know the answer to that.”

“Yes I do. You haven’t been on any dates and how many do you think you will get if you keep acting like that, if you do get a date.”

Richard looked embarrassed and troubled. “I don’t know.”

“None, is the correct answer, I believe. That goes for you, Pete and Gary. I went out with you because I thought you had changed when I saw you at that restaurant. I won’t again unless you change the way you act.”

I could have lumped myself in there too, before this.

“But”

“I mean it Richard; you can be a good guy when you try to be. I have always liked you, but I won’t be treated the way you treated me tonight.”

Richard was almost in tears as I spoke to him. It was true that I always liked him, but that was a guy liking his buds. I don’t know where the rest of the lecture I gave came from, but that is what I felt right then.

“Sorry,” was all he could squeak out.

“I am going to be generous and give you one more chance. Are you free next Friday?”

“I am free every night,” he sniffled.

“Talk to a girl sometime this week; find out how you should act. Talk to my sister if you have too, but you have to behave better next week.”

We got home at eleven fifty five. I was surprised that Mom wasn’t up, but you can bet your last dollar Julie was. She pounced on me as soon as I entered our house. I didn’t intend to tell her anything except to expect a call from Richard, but I wound up telling her everything.

“I wished that I would have had the guts to have that talk with Jack,” Julie said. “I am so proud of you. All of your friends needed to hear that.”

“I know, but I really hated to do that. I mean I could wind up stuck like this.”

“You had to do that, check your list sis.”

I checked the infamous list and saw that one of the blank lines had been to talk to Richard about how he acts around girls. I suspected that went for Pete and Gary too.

**************

Saturday a mother came into lingerie with her daughter in tow. The girl looked to be about ten or eleven years old. They gravitated to me. The girl’s eyes got real big as she looked at my boobs and her mouth hung open a bit.

“Hi, I am Elaine and this is my daughter Wendy.”

“Hi, I am Jacqueline, but you two can call me Jackie. What can I do for you two today?”

“Wendy is nine…”

“I am almost ten, Mom.”

“Almost ten and she is starting to develop in her chest. She needs to start wearing bras.”

“I don’t need to wear a bra, Mom.”

“Would you and your daughter like to come into to the back and sit down, so we can talk,” I said.

“Yes, that is a wonderful idea,” Elaine said.

The store had a “Counseling Room” for conversations that might embarrass the parties involved.

“Would you like some coffee, tea or a soda?” I asked, as I led the way.

“Coke for me,” Wendy almost shouted, with a big smile on her face.

“I guess I will have a coffee, if you please.” Elaine said smiling.

I got them their drinks and then we sat around talking about anything but bras. Wendy was a fascinating girl, who wasn’t really ready to grow up yet, I think.

“Well Wendy, You sure are a cute girl.”

“Thank you, Ms. Jackie,” she said.

“You know, girls when they get about your age, start to grow in ways boys don’t. Do you understand that?”

“Yeah, Mommy and Mrs. Fletcher, my teacher at school told us all about that.”

“Well, when girls start to grow breasts, their nipples begin to peak and become tender. A bra helps to protect them and keep them from getting rubbed sore by their blouses. Has that happened to you yet?”

The girl just looked embarrassed and nodded her head yes.

“Well, don’t you think it is about time to do something that might help?”

“But…” she started to say and just stopped. “I ah…”

“They don’t have to be pretty or girly, if you don’t like that kind of stuff. Or they can be very cute and pretty. It is up to you. Would you like to see some of them?”

She nodded her head yes, so I opened a drawer that held about twenty different training bras and removed the display samples for her. The girl looked carefully at the dreaded bras. I knew how she felt, I guess.

“Do you see any that you like?”

The girl surprised both her mom and me. She pointed to three of the prettiest and two of the plain sports type bras.

“Well then, before we get you your own bras, we need to measure you. This is important, or the bra won’t feel good and may hurt more.”

The girl took off her T-shirt and I measured her. She really did need a bra, she was a 30 AA, but she wouldn’t be that for long, I thought.

“Will I get as big as you are,” she asked, with a look of terror in her eyes.

“You could, but probably not. You might get as big as your Mom though. You want to know something; I am as big as my Mom in the chest. Most girls are a lot smaller though. Anyway, you are years away from that. You’ll get use to the ones you have, believe me.”

Elaine bought six bras for Wendy, four of the pretty bras and a couple of the sport type bras. Wendy wore, what I thought, was the prettiest out of the store that day. I don’t know why, but I felt pretty good about sharing this special moment with Wendy and Elaine.

When I checked the list next, I had completed a lot of tasks, but the list still had grown a bit. Not as much as it had, but still…

I was surprised when I got home Tuesday. Mom and Julie were home of course, but in the living room were Richard, Pete and Gary.

“Hi guys, what’s going on?”

“Well, I called your sister like you suggested and we talked for a bit. I started to see what a fool I had been. Anyway she suggested that I get Pete and Gary to come over too. We’ve been talking like what we talked about.”

“Really?” I said. “That is good to hear. Mom, Julie can we talk for a minute? You guys don’t move,” I said, a little more emphatically than I meant too.

After we walked into the kitchen, I turned to Mom and said, “Would it be possible to let them in on the secret and prevent them from talking about it with anyone but us?”

“Let me make a call to Cindy Carter.”

Mom talked to Nurse Carter for about ten minutes.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” She asked, after she hung up the phone.

“Mom, if they don’t change, they are going to wind up a bunch of losers. I don’t know why, but in my heart I feel that this is the right thing to do.”

“I think that she is right, Mom. They are good kids, but they are such losers at the same time.”

“Ok, let’s do this. Whenever you use the word Scrimshaw, while talking to a person, you can let that person in on the secret and they will only be able to talk to us about that secret, when we are alone.”

Back in the living room I stood before my friends, “Ok guys, scrimshaw.”

All three guys’ eyes got as big as saucers as they looked at me.

“You know my secret now, but you can only talk about it when Mom, Julie and I are alone with you.”

“What happened to you?”

“What happened is I am being punished for what we did to Julie. They figured it out that I helped you water balloon her. Now I am going to be this way all summer. I need all of you to help me complete some tasks before I can come back as Jack.”

“How?” was all Richard could say.

“That isn’t important, what is important is what you guys are going to make out of your lives. Let’s face it; we were a bunch of losers. Since I have been this way, it’s like a fog has lifted from my mind and I could see what a loser I was.”

“Are those real?” Pete asked, looking creepily at my boobs.

“Yes, and if the three of you don’t change your ways, you could have a set just like them. More importantly though, how many times have we tried to get a date with a real girl? They won’t have a thing to do with us, will they?”

All three guys were looking at the floor, so I felt I was getting through to them.

“I want to help you guys change. As good looking as you all are, if you started to act like human beings, instead of Klingons, you might get a date. Julie and Mom will help us if you want. They know more about that stuff than I do.”

“I don’t know about that Jackie,” Mom said. “I think you are doing a pretty good job at explaining things, but if you boys want our help, we will help you.”

“Now if you guys try to straighten up, I will try to go out with each of you, so you can practice your skills.”

Mom and Julie talked to the three guys for about an hour. I went up to my room to clean up and get ready for bed. I came down wearing a robe after the guys left.

“I think you did your best, but don’t expect miracles. I think Richard paid attention to what you said, but I don’t know about Pete and Gary,” Mom said.

We had a late dinner and headed off to bed. I checked my list when I got to my room. I could see by the tasks I had completed, that I had made a right decision, talking to my friends, but other tasks had also appeared. I didn’t feel despair; in fact I couldn’t explain how I felt at the time.

**************

Later, Mrs. Davis was on the phone with Cindy Carter.

“Joyce, tell me what happened, I felt the spell shift more than it should have.”

“Nothing really, she just talked to her friends and tried to convince them to change.”

“What did she say?”

“Well, one of the boys asked if her boobs were real. She said yes and if you don’t straighten up you might get a set of your own.”

“Oh my, I can’t believe how this spell is changing. We’ve never had one change this much.”

“What do you think happened?”

“I am not totally certain; we will just have to see what comes out of this.”

**************

The next day at the store, a group of six ladies came into lingerie. It was a bridal party. They had called in ahead of time and had reserved our special changing area for their party. The room could seat a dozen people and it had six changing rooms, a stage and a runway. Mrs. Wilson, two co-workers and I had been tasked to assist.

We escorted the ladies in the back and handed out flutes of champagne. Even the two teens in the group had been handed flutes, with half the amount of champagne in them. The bride attached herself to my arm and flirted shamelessly with me. I looked to Mrs. Wilson and she just smiled at me.

I did get back at the bride a little bit, in a fun manner; I got to lace her up in a corset. She needed to take three and a half inches off her waist, to fit in her dress. I think I took four and a half. The bride just grunted her protests. Everyone in the bridal party gave everyone a fashion show, in a very ribald manner, which got sexier and more suggestive as the champagne flowed. One of the teens must have been destined to be an exotic dancer. She was a very good dancer. I was glad we didn’t have a pole in this area. The ladies in the bridal party just egged her on, as she did a strip tease down to her panties.

I couldn’t believe how much those ladies spent on lingerie. All the ladies in lingerie that day got a share in what we sold. Mrs. Wilson and I made sure that none of the ladies drove away from the store. We loaded them into two taxis and prepaid the drivers.

All six of the ladies in the bridal party were drunk, even the two teens. I knew that they would be feeling bad when they sobered up. I had to help the bride get dressed; as she was four sheets to the wind, sloppy drunk. After I struggled to get her bra on, she gave me a big kiss. She even stuck her tongue down my throat. She may have been drunk, but she was as strong as hell. I tried to slip out of her grasp, but I couldn’t until she broke the kiss and passed out.

All four of us had to take a significant amount of time repairing our looks, to be presentable after that party. Mrs. Wilson talked to all of us about what had happened and warned us that we were not to say anything to anyone about what happened back there.

**************

Friday, I had another date with Richard, he was much more of a gentleman, but I could tell that he seemed scared as hell. He wouldn’t talk about it and I couldn’t tell if it was because I had been Jack or what. He started to loosen up a bit and enjoy himself towards the end of the date, but he was still treating me with kid gloves.

He apologized that he wouldn’t be around for the next two weeks, as he and his parents were going out of town, but he me asked if I could go with him to see the fireworks on the fourth. I agreed.

I am glad I got home when I did. For several days I had felt a little off and didn’t know why. I found out shortly there after that I was having my monthly visitor, as Julie would say. I knew what to do, but that didn’t help my attitude much. Mom had a little sympathy for me, but told me to just grind through it like ninety percent of the women of the world do. I asked about the other ten percent and all she said is, “You don’t want to know.”

I loved the new closeness of our family. Even though we didn’t have a lot of family life, time. We all made the most of what we did have. I began to wonder if I would have been in this fix if we had been like this a year ago. Late on Sunday, Pete called and asked if I could go out with him on Friday night. I told him that I would be glad to and told him what time to pick me up.

**************

Wednesday, Nurse Carter called me from the hospital. Julie had left the pediatric ward running in tears and asked if I could go find her. I told Mrs. Wilson, who became very concerned and told me to just go find her.

I drove home and her car wasn’t there, so I began to drive around to places I knew she hung out, when she wanted to be alone. I found her in a distant part of the park, alone and crying. I walked up behind the bench she was sitting on and just wrapped my arms around her and just held her for a while.

She calmed down after about half an hour or so, I let go of her and sat down beside her.

“What happened?” I asked.

“A girl I had met at the hospital had an acute lymphoma or something. I am not so good with those big words they use to describe their conditions. She was undergoing chemo. Last week she brought me the electric clippers. People on chemo tend to start losing their hair as they take the drugs. When her hair began to get patchy she asked me if I would cut it off. Among the staff, that is considered an honor to be asked to help. It hurt having to clipper off that girls beautiful auburn hair, but I did it. Afterwards she gave me the biggest hug I have ever been given by a twelve year old, as she cried on my shoulder. Today she died.”

I didn’t know what to do or say, so I just held on to Julie as she began to cry on my shoulder.

***************

Friday, I went out on my date with Pete. He actually came dressed in a suit and tie. Julie and Mom were as astounded, as I was, we went to a movie; he asked which one I wanted to see. He was the usual goof ball, in a Pete sort of way and I began to enjoy being with him. After the movie, we went to get a bite to eat, it wasn’t Ricardo’s, but it was a nice sit down family restaurant.

Everything went nicely until the drive home. He was worse than Richard, I began to despair that I would be raped. He was all over me. Pete was the strongest of the four of us guys. I am not sure that Jack could have gotten the best of him. I wasn’t raped and luckily he hadn’t beaten me up, but I did get kicked out of the car, about two miles from home. I got out my cell phone and called Julie.

Julie, Mom and Nurse Carter all came to get me about ten minutes after I called.

Nurse Carter explained that she had felt the spell shift again and hurried over to our home. She was there when I called.

**************

I went to work Saturday, over the objections of my Mom. My Mom had called Pete’s Mom for a chat that day. Pete was still Pete, only more sullen than ever. He never told anyone that summer about what had gone down.

The next weekend, I went out with Greg. He seemed to be afraid of getting within three feet of me, but we did see a movie and had a burger and fries before he took me home.

My list seemed to stop growing, but I had a lot of things to do in two months. I went over the things I had done and was filled with emotion as I remembered doing some of those things. I smiled and cried for a little bit.

On the first of July, I said goodbye to the girls in lingerie and moved to the gowns and formals department. Mrs. Wilson was there with me. I spent the first two days getting familiar with the department. Gowns and Formals was different than lingerie. It was a lot more work and a fewer number of sales. Three or four sales a week, brought in a nice bonus in commission. I was just as busy as I had been in lingerie, girls and ladies were constantly coming in just to look, fewer tried the dresses on and I made a few sales. The customers came in and would try on a lot of dresses, eighty percent of the customers didn’t make a single purchase, but I worked just as hard finding the perfect dress for them.

In between customers, I began to look for myself. I knew that if I was to become Jack again, I would have to go to the cotillion with Richard. In the slack time, one of the college aged girls helped me look. I didn’t ask her, she just saw me looking and seemed to know.

We talked about it whenever we could, so she could get a better idea of what I liked and what she thought would look good on me. I began to see that it was harder for women to see what would look good on them, and most women dearly needed the affirmation and assistance of her peers to help her select the RIGHT dress.

Richard got back that night and we talked on the phone for hours. He asked about Pete and Gary, but I refused to say a thing about it. I told him Doctor/Patient privilege. I did consider Pete and Gary my patients in a way, but I didn’t want Richard affected by what did or did not happen between the guys and myself. I hinted to Richard about the dance. Being a guy he didn’t have a clue so I asked him flat out. I could hear his knees shaking over the phone and our connection wasn’t that good.

“You don’t know how to dance do you?” I asked.

“No I don’t,” He shyly replied.

“Well neither do I, let me talk to my Sis and Mom.”

I did talk to Mom and Julie. They agreed that we needed to learn. The four of us, Mom, Julie, Richard and I began to learn in my living room. Mom and Julie already knew. Mom taught Richard and Julie taught me. They would trade places, but I didn’t dance with Richard till the third or fourth lesson. Richard started out lanky and clumsy. I was hesitant and unknowing but did better, except Mom and Julie did have some sore toes.

**************

A girl I had seen in gowns and formals several times before, latched on to me again. She was supposed to go to the Cotillion, but she was in sore need of confidence. I learned that a lot of girls needed their confidence built up about their looks. She was very pretty, but she didn’t have the perfect figure. Finally I took her to lingerie and strapped her into a corset, which helped her figure greatly. It boosted her boobs up, made them look a little bigger and it slimmed her waist down. I then brought the dress, she had been eyeing longingly, but couldn’t really wear unassisted, over to her. With the corsets assistance, she looked fabulous in the dress. The ladies there just gushed over her and she had one of those mile wide smiles. She bought the dress and several corsets, as Mrs. Wilson suggested, so she could get use to wearing them before the cotillion.

The lady who did the alterations, had her put on some four-inch heels, which helped even more and began to mark the dress for alterations. She admonished the girl not to gain any weight in the waist between now and then; because once she begins her alterations, the dress was hers.

**************

Richard took me to the Fourth of July show in town. I was amazed by the differences I could see in my friend. He was much more attentive to my needs and more fun to be with. We had an amazing fireworks display that summer. The city had really outdone itself that year.

On my doorstep, I gave Richard a short kiss on his lips as a reward. I knew he wanted more, so did I, but I didn’t want things going too fast.

July was a whirl for me. I was the top sales girl, to everyone’s dismay in Gowns and Formals. I was shocked at the results.

One incident that happened turned out to be extraordinary. I was working, while many of the other girls were having lunch, so I was basically alone. It was a slack period for us. Anyway, a man came in through cosmetics and he had a screaming seven or eight year old, girl with him. He was constantly apologizing for her behavior, but something didn’t feel right to me.

I moved to stop the man.

“Sir, is this really your daughter?” I asked.

“No, he is not my daddy,” the girl screamed.

“Yeah, she is my little girl. I just pulled her away from the arcades and her friends, where she was having too much fun. We have to go home princess,” he said.

We were beginning to attract a lot of attention from the women in the store.

In my heart, I felt that he was lying. “Sir I am going to have to ask you to wait here, till we can verify that you are indeed her father.”

He looked a bit worried and began to turn a bit hostile. “You can’t stop me. I AM HER FATHER. I will sue you and this store if you don’t get out of my way.”

I stood as tall as I could, fists on my hips and said, “Not till I am certain that that girl really is your daughter.”

The man began to get really worried at the crowd that was beginning to form around us. I could see store security heading our way. I am not certain exactly what happened. I know I was punched in the face and fell down. He tried to run past me with the girl, but I grabbed his legs and he fell. That was my last conscious thought for a few minutes.

I was later told that the mob of women started pummeling him and kicking him on the ground. Security had to rescue him. After they got him away from the mob, a woman came running into the store with Mall security, screaming for her baby.

I awoke, as a lady EMT was fitting me with a C-spine collar. She smiled and told me what she was doing. She flashed my eyes with a little flashlight and then hooked me up on her backboard. I was then taken to the hospital.

After a hundred tests, I was pronounced fit, but was kept over night for observation, as I had suffered a mild concussion. I had lots of visitors that evening Mom, Julie, Nurse Carter, Mrs. Wilson, half the ladies I had worked with, Richard, Mrs. Kramer (the woman who was the real mother of the girl) and little Kathy (the girl I had rescued).

I blushed form all the praises I was being showered with, but what had stirred me more than anything, was when the women were all talking, little Kathy crawled up in my bed and hugged me for dear life. I cried as I hugged her tightly. I couldn’t get the picture of this sweet little child being abused by that man out of my mind.

The guy was a prolific child abuser and a registered sex offender. He had been unaccounted for, for three months and the police had been actively searching for him. He was good at doing his thing, convincing little girls to come with him, away from safety and into his clutches. He wasn’t a killer thank god, but he left ruined lives in his wake.

The next morning I was pronounced fit to leave. I felt wonderful, no aches, or pains or any complaints, except for the bruises around my eyes. I was surprised when Mom and Julie came in with Mrs. Wilson and Shelia Carmichael, Director of Marketing for the store I worked at. Shelia’s and Mrs. Wilson’s arms were loaded with bags.

All my clothing had been cut off the previous day, in the ER. The police had kept everything as evidence anyway. I had asked Mom and Julie to pick out something for me to wear home, but they were empty handed.

Shelia approached me and said, “We want to thank you for being such a brave girl. You rescued that girl from what would have been certain torture. So in appreciation for your heroism we have bought you several new outfits.”

Shelia was long winded as a southern politician, so I won’t go over everything she had to say. Mrs. Wilson told me later, that she wasn’t in on the secret.

In the bathroom, Julie helped me change, as Mom and the women talked. Julie’s eyes got really big as she checked labels. There were no price tags on anything.

“OMG, I couldn’t afford these clothes, Jackie and I doubt that Mom would feel comfortable knowing how much they cost.”

Even I knew that these were really expensive togs. Julie helped me into my new bra and panties. She wrapped a garter belt around my waist, threaded the tabs through my panties and then rolled a pair of stockings up my legs. They felt divine going on. Next came an extraordinary silk blouse, a fully lined, incredibly nice skirt and blazer. I was in heaven. Everything felt simply wonderful. There were some flats, in the mix, but I insisted on wearing the heels. I had to convince Julie that I was alright, before she let me try them on.

Julie tried to do something with my hair and makeup, but my hair looked a fright and my face looked like I had gone a few rounds with George Foreman. From the neck down I was a ten, from the neck up I was a three.

Shelia asked me if I was up for a trip to the store. I said that I looked horrid and would probably scare the customers away, but I was ok. We all piled into her limo, the store picked up the hospital bills and we all headed were off to the store. The president and all the VP’s were there and opened the door for us. I was escorted to the salon where Mom, Julie and I were given the royal treatment. Some things were pleasant, others not (waxing eyebrows and legs), but everything was wonderful. I received a permanent wave and a color job, on my hair. I wasn’t as thrilled about that, but I wasn’t asked. I did get to chose color and style. I was thrilled though, when I saw the finished product. I looked a lot like JoJo Levesque at her best.
Janice, the makeup expert, spent a lot of time teaching me how to cover up the bruises on my face. I was amazed at what she could do. I could tell that I didn’t look quite right, but still I looked very nice, when she finished.

I got dressed in my new clothes again and received a touch up on my makeup. Shelia and the President of the Corporation then escorted us to the Gowns and Formals department. A podium and a low platform had been set up there. I was given a couple of awards (talk about déjá  vu without the water balloons). The most important award to me was a painting given to me by Kathy. She had done it at home. It wasn’t a masterpiece, (it was as good as most children seven or eight can do) but it was the most beautiful painting in the world to me. It was more than enough that I could see her smiling again.

I was told to take as much time off as I wanted, paid, but I just couldn’t stay away more than two days. Mrs. Wilson smiled when she saw me come in.

“It’s so good seeing you come in Jackie,” she said.

“I was bored to death, as Mom and Julie were both at work. I hadn’t even told them that I was coming in.”

I got back to work. The funny thing about all of this craziness is. I know healing of bruising can take weeks, but by Friday it was hard to tell I was ever hurt.

Friday, Richard and I, along with Julie and Tim Walker, (her main squeeze, who had been away at a summer ROTC thing for college) went out to a teen dance club. I can’t remember having such a good time with my sister.

**************

August began my tour of duty in the salon. I helped keep the place clean, sweeping up hair and mopping. I also did a lot of shampoo jobs which was about all that I could do without a beauty license. I saw women at their highs and at their lows there. I learned to talk with them to ease their anxieties. I also learned what women will go through, to look nice for themselves and for those they care about. I earned the least in this department, but I enjoyed it the most, I think. I had long since paid my sister and Mom off.

I spent a lot of time considering how I wanted to look for Richard and the Cotillion. I planned it out in detail. I bought my own outfit from the skin out and talked extensively with Janice about my makeup and hair.

The day of the cotillion, Mom got a date too from work, Julie and I spent all day with a bunch of other ladies in the salon getting ready. The best I could describe that experience is organized chaos. A haphazard assembly line existed in the salon that day, but I have to hand it to the beauticians, they seemed to know what needed to be done next.

At home, the three of us hurriedly dressed, we had a little less than two hours to get ready. Our three dates William McNeal, (a lawyer I think Mom is sweet on), Tim Walker and of course Richard Parker would all be coming in a stretch limo. We were all running around trying to get ready.

Ten minutes before the guys arrived, Mom announced us, fit to be seen in public. Mom had Julie and me stay up stairs, until she called for us. We wanted to argue, but she said it was her right to present us.

Mom answered the door and let the gentlemen in. She insisted on talking to them for three minutes before she called us down. I could hear eyeballs popping out and jaws hitting the floor, when the guys finally saw us.

William, the dapper gentlemen was the first to talk, “I may have to have you two guys shot so that I can have all three of these women to myself. They are all such visions of loveliness.”

“They would be more than your heart could stand William, especially the young one. Just ask the guy who she put in jail,” Mom said.

“Yes, I heard about that.”

Each of the gentlemen presented their date with a color-coordinated corsage. It had to be Mom’s and William’s work. Mom had to take a thousand pictures of all of us; fortunately the camera had a delayed shutter, so she could get in them.

The Cotillion was magnificent. I was treated like royalty, because word of the rescue had reached most of the people there. I had to dance with a lot of the other guys there, but I cut them off, so I could dance with my date, Richard. The meal they served was excellent. I had never eaten gourmet fare before. Jack had been a hamburger fries, or steak and potato kind of guy.

Julie and I both rode home with our dates; it is hard to make out in front of your Mom. Richard and I didn’t really make out, but I did reward him with a few kisses, well more than a few. I got carried away, damn hormones. At least I was still a virgin when we got home. I am not so sure about Julie. She was more than a little disheveled and smiling like a Cheshire cat, of course she was nineteen and they were almost engaged.

I take that last bit back. I was the first to see her left hand. She was sporting a fist size rock on her ring finger. Well maybe a carat, or a half a carat. They all look so big when you first see them.

Mom went crazy; I just kissed her cheek. We both made her tell us all about it. The gist of it all is, that they weren’t getting married till after Tim gets out of officer training, in three years.

The last two weeks before school happened so fast and yet seemed to drag on. I was down to three tasks, then two tasks, before I began to despair.

The last day, nothing I did seemed to make a difference. That last task didn’t go away. The moon was to set a little after one in the morning. At about ten that night, I went out to sit in the swing we had on the back porch.

I don’t know if I was sad or glad that one task remained. I felt that I would miss being a girl. I had more real fun than I had ever had. At the same time, I felt like I had let my Mom and my sister down. I began to cry a bit.

Julie came out and sat beside me and we swung together for a while before she said anything.

“Are you ok Jackie?”

“Yeah, I guess I am. I am a little disappointed that I feel I let you and Mom down though. I still have one task left on my list and I don’t know what it is. Well, I guess I won’t be giving you all of those clothes after all, but you can borrow them anytime you want Julie.”

“You didn’t disappoint Mom and I, you were the best sister I could ever hope for, and we both love you. Jack or Jackie.”

“I know you do, and I know I haven’t said it enough, but I love you too sis,” I said and kissed her cheek.

When I kissed her cheek there was like this silent explosion. There really wasn’t an explosion, but we both knew what had happened. Although I was still a female, I knew that I had completed the last task. I looked at my list and there was nothing left to do. Mom, Nurse Carter and Mrs. Wilson had all come running out to us with smiles on their faces. We all went inside to talk about things.

The ladies found that the spell was still active, but some things had changed. They told me that I would slowly change over the night and be able to go to school as Jack. We found that all my girls’ clothes were now in Julie’s closet and now Jack had some really nice clothes. His grungy stuff was gone. All that was left of Jackie was her lingerie, they said that was probably there as a reminder.

After they scryed a bit, they told me that I was like on probation. If I lied or reverted back to my old ways, things could go feminine for me.

I went to bed that night in a sleep shirt, a garter belt, stockings and panties. I wanted to remember my last night.

I awoke the next morning as a femininely dressed Jack. It was about an hour before Jack usually got up to go to school. I quickly dressed as Jack and went down to fix Mom her breakfast. Mom kissed my cheek when she saw me. I noticed that I had grown four inches; I had broader shoulders, a muscular chest and strong arms and legs.

“You are so handsome today, Jack.”

“I hope I don’t look too preppy.”

“You don’t, I think you look quite nice.”

“Julie is up; she will be leaving for college at noon today. Go give her a hug. I know you’ll miss her and she will really miss you.”

She was still getting dressed when I stuck my head in her door. I expected her to throw something at me, she was only dressed in her panties and a bra, but she stopped what she was doing, dropped the clothes she selected on her bed and ran over to give me a hug and a kiss.

“Thank you for the best summer I have ever had Jack.”

“Thank you too Sis, can you at least put a robe on please.”

“Oh you have seen it all before,” she teased.

“Yeah but that was when I was hitting for your team.”

“You still are Jackie,” she teased again. “Just don’t go back to your old ways. I am not giving these clothes back.”

“Greedy bitch,” I teased back. I felt my nipples tingle a bit.

“Damn right,” she teased back.

“I will miss you more than you know Julie,”

“I will miss both of you Jack and Jackie.”

“Call me.”

“You too brat.”

We hugged and kissed again, and then I left her alone so she could dress.

In the garage I found my 70 Shelby Cobra Mustang in the garage. It probably looked better than it had when it was new. It was one hot car fully restored to a sensible new look. No fancy artwork paintjob, no hydraulics, just one sweet ride. It ran better than it ever had too. Purring like a kitten. I drove to school, leaving no rubber and at the speed limit.

School was wonderful this year. I use to dread going to school, I never saw any point to it. This year I saw how important it was and promised myself to work harder. I also found I wasn’t the pariah Jack had been the year before. I made a lot of new friends.

Things went well, that is till the fourth period. Ms. Winters stood and told us our first assignment. What I did on my summer vacation. It was to be complete as possible and to be turned in on Friday.

After school I checked with Mom, who talked to everyone else. Consensus was I had to tell the truth. I asked how and Mom got a gleam in her eye. Just tell the truth, who would believe it anyway.

So that may or may not be my story.

I felt my nipples tingle a bit as that last line was read. Ms Winters shuffled the reports and passed them out. When I got my paper back I had an A+ on it. There were no notes on the first page, but on the second page was a note. I know, underlined. You SKIRTED the issue, but nice job. You had better be a good boy all year or… Skirted was in red and underlined.

“Oh Jack, Rachel, Peggy and Gayle, you are all wanted at Mrs. Black’s office.”

I didn’t understand what Mrs. Black wanted with me. She was the Vice Principal that dealt with girls at our school, I took my pass from Ms Winters and with the girls I headed to the office. Mrs. Black was waiting for us and we went right in.

“Hello Jack, you look good. Keep up the good work. Have you wondered where your three friends from last year are?”

I looked incredulously at the girls I was with. Rachel had a big smile on her face. Peggy had a frown and Gayle wasn’t happy, but she had a half smile

“We didn’t know till they came to school either. Peggy and Gayle were already as you see them. Richard asked your Mom for help. He said it wasn’t fair that this happened to Pete and Gary alone. So now we have Rachel, and now you have more tasks. You are to help them better themselves.”

Her words echoed in my mind. I had a new list. This was my cost for my buddies.

My junior year was the best ever. Rachel and I grew closer. I couldn’t believe how beautiful she was and she was fun to be with. I became student body president, for my senior year.

Rachel became a splendid orator and actress in the schools drama class and was on the debate team.

Peggy got in the spirit (I made a funny) She became a cheerleader and eventually a Captain. Gayle became a strong member of the girl’s basketball team that won State.

The last day of the school term we were all back in Mrs.Black’s office.

“Peggy, because of your attack on Jackie, you are stuck as a girl.”

“That’s ok Mrs. Black I love what I have become.”

Gayle I see you are wearing your letter jacket for basketball. Tomorrow you will be Gary and you will have a letter jacket for the men’s team.”

“I really had a great time but I will be glad to be a guy again.”

“Now Rachel…”

“Stop Mrs. Black. I don’t want to be Richard. I lied to your Mom, Jack. I loved what you did for me last summer. I knew if you came back, it wouldn’t be the same between us. So I asked your mom if I could be a girl too. I love you Jack, I couldn’t love you the same way if I became a boy now. Don’t make me change back, Mrs. Black,”

We all felt the shift that came after Rachel finished talking. Nurse Carter was soon talking to Mrs. Black on the phone. I knew that Rachel was now my sweetheart.

The end

up
205 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice Story Line!

I don't usually read the "magic" content stories, but this one was handled very well! I enjoyed the story very much and expecially liked the little twist at the end. Thanks so much!

Diane

darn

darn it i want more of this story it just so good so thank you for this lovely story
with hugs from sarav

Entertaining Story

Thanks Paula. I enjoyed it.

Nice story, Paula, predicable & not predictable --Some Spoilers-

Sentimental and romantic.

I liked how the magic spell adapted itself such that even the so called experts didn't anticipate how it would change.

I suspected our hero/heroine would end up girlfriend/boyfriend with the nicest of his three male friends, just not who would end up as the girl. Seven times seven punishment for attacking Jackie while he/she was under the power of the spell, that explains Peggy becoming Peggy permenently. Mildly surprised at the delay in it's taking effect but that made it all the more interesting, Paula. If this was my tale I likely would have gone for the gusto, IE Pete wakes up the next morning uber-girlified by the spell but being patient has it's rewards, Bravo.

It was refreshing to see that as a price for transforming the boy the women in his family had their own penance to pay. A combination of healing the family -- the mom and sis admitted they were as much to blame for the boy's misdeeds as he was -- and the three fold rule of magic, a variant on the there is no such thing as a free lunch concept. As it was we see at the end, or at least the end of Summer the spell still lingers for our hero as a reminder but in the end not only was he saved from a terrible life but so was his family and his former male friends and he got a terrific girlfriend out of it, someone who appreciates the sacrifices she/he went through that strange summer.

By the end I wouldn't have been surprised if the magic experts found themselves caught up in his/her spell, it had so changed. Almost expected Jackie to turn out as being a potential witch.

Whatever it was, it was magic. Great job, Paula.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Too bad it can't be real, as

Too bad it can't be real, as it would be an excellent way to teach respect. Janice Lynn

Great read Paula

Different and entertaining!

Keep up the good work.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Bad Boy to Good Girl to ....

RAMI

This tale was a fun twist to the normal bad boy to good girl story. Here after the bad boy becomes the good girl, she did the right things and the spell allowed him to become instead of a good woman, a good man. The good man he was destined to be. The witches here while severe were not the bitches that many of these stories about witches are about.

RAMI

RAMI

Very good story...

Hm... I have a bit of a splitted opinion about this story. On one hand the spell did some good, teaching people how to be better humans. But why exactly did they punish Gayle? On the other hand it seems kind of excessive. Forcing him to pay everything caused by former neglect and agression.

It seems like a standart sad fatherless household, where the mother is incapable to teach her son respect and manners. Jack didn't need to be female, Jack needs a father.
I don't know about Pete, but he really seems to be stuid. He knows that there is fucking magic at work and he pulls crap like this. Greg I don't understand at all. Jackie is his friend... He shouldn't be too scared.

Did the mother cast the spell, or did the strange nurse cast the spell? It seemed to me that mother and daughter only payed the price for Jacks punishment and weren't really punished themselves. Well, might just be my impression.

But those are just some minor flaws or nebulosities.

Thank you for writing this very interesting story,

Beyogi

Need of a father

On one hand this seems to be the standard fatherless household. On the other hand, I have seen to many "grown-up" men behave just like the old Jack. To the point where one single man (a "respected" notary public) told me proudly about being a "single dad" with four children from four different woman. I strongly suspect that he has confused being a father with being a stud.

A father CAN be a good role-model or influence for a son. But more often than not, the opposite seems to be the case. Even more so in our modern times where children's (and to a certain extent women's) rights activists push the rights to the point of entitelment and completely surpress the obligations that are (and should be) part and parcel of any right. And so many males belive that being a man means to be a macho pig, that they are actually more fuel for the militant feminists. Unfortunately the more radical and/or extreme representatives tend to throw the baby out with the bath water, and will not give the decent and responsible males a chance to show their respects towards the female gender.

As one fellow student pointed out after a class on human rights in university: "We have children's rights and we have women's rights. But what happened to men's rights?"

I will now get off my soapbox, and appologize for my rant. Though I will add, that I am convinced that at least half of the male teen population would greatly benefit from spending a few weeks in "petticoat training".

Jessica Nicole

To the point where one

To the point where one single man (a "respected" notary public) told me proudly about being a "single dad" with four children from four different woman. I strongly suspect that he has confused being a father with being a stud.

That makes me wonder about society... I mean it's bad enough that this guy thinks getting a woman pregnant means being a father, but it's even worse that he could get four different women pregnant. I mean how stupid are they? Did the women have a bit on the side, or what happened?

There is a correlation between fatherlessness and criminality in later life. If boys don't have a model-male, they'll look for one and that may very well be a crimial macho.
It's not like macho guys don't have any success with the female gender. They give off that aura of absolute confidence, which many woman think attractive for some reason. The drawbacks of a macho, like treating women like crap, are accepted. Other guys see that and think - Wah! Women want to be treated like crap. You just need to behave like you're infailable and you can pull everything.

About those militant feminists... They've either been abused in their childhood or just need someone to hate. I can understand women who want more rights for themselves, but one doesn't need to go out of one's way to damage men in the process. As your fellow student put it: "What happened to mens rights?"

Your pettycoat training probably won't do much good sinc it affects so many... They'll just male it out. It might get some to realise their tg-tendencies though. There should also be oil and grime weeks for the girls...

Thank you for your rant it was fun to read :D

Hi Paula

This is a nice read. I liked how the charactors evolved and the nice twist at the end. Two thumbs up! Taarpa

Loved the ending of this,

though It could be fun if they swapped back an forth after they got married. But that is another story of course

Well thats all of them, and not a single disappointment. There are a lot I would love to see more of, but now I just will be looking forward to anything new from one of my very favorite Authors.

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

A heck of a holiday!

An enjoyable little story.

Hugs,

A weird tale.

WillowD's picture

But then what do you expect when someone writes a whopper like that for an essay? I was laughing the whole way through.

Cite story

Samantha Heart's picture

They all payed the price for what they did to Julie but only 1 of the 4 did it voluntarily and stayed a girl. Peggy well she did something & attacked one of her friends so she's stuck. The other 2 learned their lesson well.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

very nice one!

thanks to random solos once again!

DogSig.png