Joey & Joy - Chapter 5

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 5

Joy’s viewpoint

With a resigned sigh, Joy gets up from the oh so comfortable (NOT) chair that is next to the table in her hotel room. She had hoped that Joey would call tonight so that she could apologize for her unthinking teasing, but obviously he’s not ready to talk to her.

‘Not that I can blame him,’ she thinks morosely to herself. ‘Who would’ve thought he’d have that strong of a reaction this many years later.’

~~

It started off as a Halloween dare between two lifelong friends who just happened to be of the opposite sex. They were together so often that most people who didn’t know them assumed they were a couple.

If Joey had his way, they would have been.

“You’ve got the legs to do it, Joey” she cajoled her not-convinced friend. “besides, if anyone does find out, it’s Halloween. What’s the harm? If you do get twigged, the only thing you’ve got to do is clean my room for me. How hard could that be?”

“Knowing your room, it could take me a month of Sundays to get it even close to clean Joy,” he retorted, finally a smile coming to his previously uncertain face.

“I’ve never gotten us into trouble that I couldn’t get us out of, have I?” she entreaties.

“Not yet anyway,” was his glib response.

~~

“Guess that isn’t true anymore, is it Joy” she asks herself aloud while removing her blouse and trousers. “I just want to know what went so wrong while he was cleaning my room?”

up
54 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ohhhh...too short

kristina l s's picture

Too long for a teaser, too short for a story... But I for one would like to know just what did go wrong and why doesn't she know??? So come on then, hmmm.

Kristina

You're absolutely right, Kristina.

Well, I'd been busy with other (RL) stuff and was struggling to continue this...so, having a chance to sit down and TRY to find something for this particular story, I thought I'd go ahead and put what I had written out there. Obviously, that was a mistake.

No one else can tell you best how to be yourself

No one else can tell you best how to be yourself

A sip

I am another who is looking forward to seeing more of this story, so I hope this is expanded as soon as you are able. We all are familiar with how real life can bollix things, I don't think Kristina's comment was intended as negative. More of a teasing comment, IMHO.

To comment on this teaser: It seems strange that she doesn't know what happened in her own room. I would venture that from Joey's response earlier he believes she not only has full knowledge of what occurred, he may even be of the belief that she even had a hand in whatever occurred. That it was apparently not pleasant for him seems obvious, and from the words that triggered his reaction, it may have been humiliating or even degrading. It must have been fairly strongly emotionally loaded to set him off like that.

I wonder, is this a case of events "happening", or is it a case of something she does not consider significant being very significant to him for some reason?

Okay, Marlisa, I think my speculation may rival your posting in length. ;-) Please, give us more! When you are able, of course.

m

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Is it possible

That while Joey was in the room, a prank was springed that was supposed to be aimed at Joy. It is likely that the prank was hidden in the room, that I surmise was very untidy, and while Joy would have been pissed, Joey was outright traumatized. And sicne it was Joy's room, he concluded it was done with her knowledge, consent and blessing.

The speculation on the nature of a prank goes steadily worse from here on.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

My thoughts are some kind of assualt or blackmail happened

Either he was sexually asaulted or nearly so as the maid and/or someone got photos and used them for blackmail or was careless and the photos circulated around campus. Might be something else but why else his strong reaction so many years later? Whatever it was he blaims her for it or for putting him in a vunerable position where it could occure. I think she has an idea what it was but he was so hurt at the time that their relationship was shattered and he never told her or assumed she knew so figured why give her more ammo to hurt him with?

She surprises me, long time *friend* of his yet no interest romantically in the least, dismissed him out of hand I get the impression despite his interest in her. No signs of other suitors/lovers either back in college or in the eight years since the incident? Is she lesbian, bi, asexual or is it just her careless pranks and insults drive away any potential partners?

Why no kids yet with his wife? Careers or something connected to that prank gone wrong?

So glad to see you continuing this.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Hello?

Hello Marlisa are you still there?I hope you will continue this story.