My Brother Was a Cosplay Cutie

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:


Last week this was my brother! He really outsmarted himself. Yes he got to miss school with me all right in fact he got to be just like me for four whole days. The problem for him was that I am his sister and unlike him I love being a Cosplay cutie!


Another BigCloset TopShelf story.

Story:

I thought that readers here might like to read about my brother's interesting week. I will call him Ted which is not his real name because he would have a fit if he knew I was writing this. I think what mom did was really cute and I at least thought fair.

Oh, he really complained of course but I think he secretly thought it was fun even though he would just die if any of his friends ever saw him or even heard about it.

He is 14 and I am 16 and I really like to "Cosplay" which is short for "Costume Play" and it's very popular in the area we live. I have been doing it since I was a little girl. My name is Pam which is true but not really Darling. I don't mind because I am not embarrassed about it like my brother. I am a girl so I guess that makes a difference too. Our Mom is a wonderful seamstress and really likes making me really precious outfits to wear to Cosplay events and like the old ones of mine Ted had to wear!

Like I said this is Ted all dressed up and I last weekend at MegaCon. Here we are on the first day. Aren't they the cutest costumes?

He is the one in white and bigger than me of course. I blurred up the faces because I wouldn't want someone to recognize him even though with all the makeup mom and I would put on him it would be hard. The event was several days and I got to miss school which is how Ted ended up sort of like my sister through the whole thing.

It served him right I think. He was sort of mad that I was getting to miss school days for the event and giving mom a hard time about wanting to go along too. He can really be annoying when he wants to be too!

Mom knew he just wanted to miss school and he was always telling me Cosplaying was dumb. He had once never asked her to make him some cool boys outfits or to go to any events even. That was because they were usually on weekends and not nearly as big as this one at the convention center. I was really annoyed at her when she finally gave in and said fine he could go. When she added that, he would have to attend in costumes, probably some of my old ones too because she didn't have time finish mine and make any new ones for a boy I laughed. She said he wasn't going to be just hanging out at the hotel pool.

I guess he thought she was joking because he said fine he didn't care. Well, when we got to our hotel room and he saw the costumes mom had brought for him he did care. I guess I had not thought that she was serious either but she sure was. I really had a laugh then because she had even brought all of the pretty underwear for them and the wigs too.

When he saw her laying them all out for us he realized she wasn't kidding one bit and really got pale looking and nervous. I have to be honest I couldn't wait to see him all dressed up in one of those down stairs with everyone taking pictures and posing. I never wore any of then any more or I probably would not have liked the idea of him wearing my things anymore than he did then.

Mom was in no mood to argue because she had had to let them all out and make adjustments at the last minute to fit him. It was easier than something new but he had caused her a lot of extra work and some expense. He was going to dress costume up like a girl and like it not, she didn't care. Mom just handed him the things he needed for the first one and told him to go change in the bathroom. He finally took the stuff and went in to dress when she swore she would not tell dad anything about it but she wasn't driving all the way back home and she had warned him fair and square.

I was all dressed and had put my makeup on and was down registering before he would even come out of the bathroom mom said later. It was only an hour or so before the start when mom finally brought him down and registered him in too.

She had him all made up almost like a big doll and I barely recognized him as she tugged him along with him looking pretty frantic to say the least. He was actually pretty cute too. Because it was so big an event and for security reasons you had to wear a badge with a real picture of you and your real identity. No one there cared or even bothered to look as it was the costumes that mattered but he didn't like that one bit!

There wer all sorts of things to buy and do. Each day we wore different outfits and it was really fun because mine were all new. Actually I guesss his were to for him at least. Here we are the second day.

After the first two days he wore two of my older pink outfits and the last day he wore baby blue. He really hated the babyish pink one with the bonnet he is in here
but everyone thought it was adorable. Wearing it had always made me feel like a very special little girl and I guess I was mean when I told him I hoped it made him feel the same way. I really tried to be nice to him because he really was pretty nervous about being there like that.

He did not like carrying dolls but a parasol was something he could hide behind. Mom's costumes always wow people even on my brother and everyone thought that we were real cut even though he wouldn't try or he wasn't very good at acting like a girl. He also had no idea who he was supposed to be or how he was supposed to pose which was pretty funny and people though sort of curious.

I was surprised that he was glad to wear a lot of makeup with the costumes I think just so no one would recognize him when he wasn't in costume. I think we only saw one person he knew and they were too far away in the huge place to even recognize us. Besides they would have had no idea it was him in the pink babyish outfit and bonnet. Mom wasn't mean about it either and once we went back to the room for the evening he got to wear normal clothing and to be his usual annoying self again.

All during the days events he had to wear his costume and go to the different performances and workshops. On day three she enrolled us in an all day workshop for beginning costume makers that was so neat and I learned so much! He was the only boy of course and the instructor kept calling him up and using his pink babyish costume as a wonderful example of fine costume making. I am sure she thought it was being nice but I could tell he just wanted to die standing there in front of maybe forty girls who kept owing and ahhing over the details.

As usual there were several rather sissyish boys cosplaying as girls but none had costumes like mom's to wear. It was funny when they would try to make friends with him by telling him he looked really pretty and wasn't the "Con" so much fun and couldn't they take pictures together. He was more than glad to get back to our room each evening and to get back home too. Neither of us said a word to dad but I just had to tell someone!

Pamela

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
73 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Very realistic Pamela ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... Congrats! Mom wants to teach him a lesson, and is not overly cruel about it as he is allowed to be a boy in the room. Were you both hoping he might get into it and show some enjoyment at the end? I bet mom felt a bit sad that she had made him do it if at the end he just seriously said he hated the whole thing. To me, it sounds like a lot of fun and a marvelous opportunity for street theatre.

In regard to the pics, you should check out Gwen Lavyril's work here at BC if you haven't already.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Amazing...

...that Ted actually went through with it. But it is sad that he didn't take to liking it, as Jezzi said. Sometimes tho, boys need a lesson in civility and manners, and this type of forced feminization, even tho it was only for a few days, would hopefully be enough even for the most macho of boys (giggle).

Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."