My Niece's Talent

Printer-friendly version

Synopsis:

Another BigCloset TopShelf story. This was started to be posted in parts two years ago but life took a one-eighty degree turn and it was never finished. I wanted to get it posted a while back but due to a computer crash, the whole rewritten parts plus the unedited parts were lost. Therefore, until a couple of months ago, I didn't have any of the story. Thanks to Aardvark, I got it back but it is far from being totally edited. Forgive the stilted language but I don't have the time in my life to be able to completely finish it. This is my last story that will ever be posted since I have better things these days to do with my time. I hope you all enjoy. *Warning, this story contains a scene of an extremely violent rape. It is not for the weak*

Story:

My Niece's Talent

By Jerrie526

Author's note: The majority of this story is fiction but the first parts of it are true. My niece Ashley was a joy to me in those innocent days before puberty and the teen years. I love her highly. She gave me permission to write her into this story because it was the only way that this plotline would work. The parts that happen before her puberty are real and autobiographical to me. I did go through these things with her and truth is sometimes harder to write than fiction. Believe the first few paragraphs but enjoy the rest.

I would like to thank Aardvark (Doug B) for the superb job of editing he has done for me. Also thanks to Nom Deplume for his assistance with Chapter 30. There is also some assistance given by Triss Morgan and another person known only as T because of their help with police matters in the story.

* * *

My niece, Ashley, was born a beautiful and rare child. She was always happy growing up and when she was still a baby, everyone would say what a little angel she was. It was true; she was an angel, and more, as we learned later.

Being transsexual, I was always envious of her. She had been born female while I had been denied the birthright. I couldn't deny my hatred for natural females for having the right genetics while I looked like my father and my brother, yet I loved them, too. I just deeply wished that I were one of them.

Ashley and I got along well as she grew up. Her mother, Stephanie, was the youngest child in my family while I was the second oldest, seven years older than she. We'd always had a close relationship that bordered on sisterhood, but my maleness ensured that we would never become quite that familiar. As I grew older and more depressed over my desire to become female, I reached my breaking point and started the process to correct my birth defect.

Ashley thought my changes were the neatest things she had ever seen and loved being around me. We'd go shopping whenever her mother would let us be together. I lived 500 miles from them, so it was a rare treat for me to see her, and whenever I did, I doted on her like a loving parent.

One day, we were on our way to a department store to do some shopping when Ashley looked up at me with the most innocent look on her face, "Aunt Jerrie, while I'm with you today, can I call you Mommy? You're so much nicer than my mommy can be at times." All the while, those big innocent eyes looked at me, shining for all they were worth. To me, it was priceless.

Trying to hide my tears, I told her that she could call me that anytime she wanted. I was happier that day than I had ever been. I had always wanted to have kids, but I wanted to be the mother, not the father. That day, I found out what it was to be a mommy to a beautiful nine year-old child. That day, we did everything together and I loved every moment of it.

Time halts for no one. I finally received my final letter of approval and had my surgery after two years of transition. I was content with myself for the first time in my life, although I hated my voice - especially after a careless surgeon doing a tracheal shave damaged it. My dream life became hell for me because I couldn't talk without sounding like I had a throat full of gravel.

The love for my niece grew even more when the innocent ten year-old told me that she would talk to the doctor and make him fix my voice. I cried and gave her the biggest hug of her life. The love of a child to a parent or proto-parent was all rewarding. I eventually found a doctor to try to repair my voice, but it was only partially successful; the gravel was gone, but the damage was done. I would never have a woman's voice.

As Ashley approached puberty, her life took a change. One day, on her way home from school, she walked past a construction site. As she reached a break in the wall protecting pedestrians from harm, a backhoe broke into an unknown hazardous chemical dump. It ruptured and mixed several containers, sending out a cloud of gas just ten feet away from her. The air currents were just right to protect the operator, but it hit her fully, enveloping her body and she breathed it in. Frightened and hurting from her first menses, she stood there, not knowing what to do. The construction workers hustled her off to a holding area, and called her mother.

Eventually, an ambulance whisked her away to a local hospital where she was isolated and had her skin scrubbed clean, nearly abrading the upper three epidermal layers. She was then taken to an isolation room, where she was examined closely.

Investigators were already at the scene of the accident, trying to determine what the chemicals were and where they came from, but things didn't look good. From the rust and deterioration, the barrels had been there for at least forty years.

Stephanie called me that night after I had gotten home from work. I immediately called my boss and requested several days off. I left town in a hurry. I had a long drive ahead of me that night, but I didn't care.

The drive seemed to take forever. It was all interstate, but the 500 miles still took eight hours. My system buzzed with no-doze and I was exhausted when barking dogs greeted me at my parents' house. My parents calmed them, and I went upstairs, sacked out and didn't awaken until my body recovered about 11:30 that morning.

When I rose, I read a note. Everyone was already at the hospital with my niece. After a quick meal, I climbed back in my car and hurried all the way.

Once in the hospital, I found her. My parents and my sister greeted me outside the isolation room. There, in the pane of glass in the bed, was my niece. She looked miserable and medical staff in rubber enviro-suits surrounded her.

I asked Stephanie, "Will they permit you to go into the room with Ashley?"

She looked at me with tears in her eyes and shook her head. "They don't know what she was exposed to and they won't let anyone in the room without the protective gear on. I want to go in there, but I get claustrophobic in the suit. I tried last night, but I couldn't do it."

"I understand sis, but someone has to be with her. Do you think they'd let me go in there?" I had to ask. I couldn't stand to see my niece so alone. I looked into the room, feeling nearly helpless.

As I stared at Ashley, I noticed some very strange things about her. She had been ruthlessly scrubbed yesterday with some heavy-duty brushes, from what I had been told on the phone, yet her skin looked like it hadn't been touched. There were no raw patches and it was a healthy glowing pink, although it seemed to be completely covered in an oily sheen. I watched as a nurse took a gauze pad and wiped her arm off. The oil soon re-covered the area she just wiped.

I looked back at my sister and asked her, "What's that oily stuff covering Ashley?"

"They don't know. It coming from her skin, but they have no idea what's causing it."

I went to one of the nurses that had come out of the room and asked her if there was any chance of going into the room to be with Ashley.

She looked on sympathetically. "I don't think there would be a problem with that, hon. I'll verify it with the doctor." She turned back to the room and spoke briefly with a man in there. She returned quickly. "You can go inside, but you have to wear the enviro-suit for your protection."

I agreed and after I donned the suit I went inside. My niece looked so forlorn lying there while people worked over her. When she saw me, her eyes lit up, but not for long. When I tried to touch her, she cringed away from my touch. I could tell that it was because of the suit.

The doctor finally arrived and I confronted him immediately. "Doctor, is there any way I can take the suit off?" I asked anxiously. "My niece needs real human contact."

He shook his head abruptly. "I'm afraid that's out of the question. It would be far too dangerous for you."

I didn't like his attitude. He didn't know it was dangerous; he was just guessing, or, more likely, heading off a lawsuit. I glared at him. "Doctor, I could very easily have my niece taken somewhere else where they would see her less as a guinea pig and more like a child!"

He frowned and looked up to me, possibly annoyed at potentially losing an article in the American Journal of Medicine. "Very well. You may see your niece without the suit, but only if you sign a waiver absolving the hospital of all responsibility."

That was fine with me and as I entered the room again, sans the suit, my niece's face lit up like the heavens. "Aunt Jerrie!" she exclaimed and held her arms out for me. I obliged by giving her the biggest hug of her life.

When my skin touched hers I started; I felt burning, not bad, and it only lasted a minute or so. When we finished hugging, she lay back down, tired but happier.

She looked exhausted, but it was more the kind of weariness brought on by having to deal with people who cared more for her novel illness than her.

I noticed the fair amount of oil on my skin from the hug, and watched as my skin appeared to absorb it, or maybe it just evaporated quickly, but it didn't vanish from her skin - the places I had rubbed it off had already been replenished with the stuff.

After what I thought was a few hours of just being with her and holding her hand, my stomach rumbled in desire. I glanced at my watch and realized that I'd been there for eight hours.

I touched her hair. "Honey, I'm going to get something to eat."

She rolled her head towards me. "Aunt Jerrie, will you be back?"

I was more tired than I thought. I faded from fatigue as I stood by her side. "I may not be back until tomorrow morning, but I'll be back as soon as I can."

She offered me her arms again. I hugged her, a little worried about the burning I'd felt before, but nothing happened.

She smiled. "Good night, Aunt Jerrie, I'll see you soon."

Chapter 2: Changes in the making

After I left the hospital that night, I went home exhausted. I still couldn't get over her heartless treatment at the hospital. For 'our' protection, they said. I snorted. They didn't know what sort of chemicals she was exposed to and it would be a while before they would know too.

I was sick with the doctors and a little with my own family. Her mother had looked on in revulsion at the oily substance on her daughter's skin. My own sister wouldn't go anywhere near her daughter without the rubber enviro-suit.

My decision to go hold my niece was made from a near maternal instinct. I saw a child hurting from having her skin scrubbed nearly off by heartless and cold people who said they wanted to help her. Stiff bristle brushes and chemicals on the tender skin of a child were not what I would call helping or cleaning.

The way I felt on the way home told me that something was going on. I remembered the oil burning my skin. I needed to wash myself and try to get rid of whatever was making me nauseous. I hated the idea of returning to the hospital sick to see the doctor smile in smug self-satisfaction.

However, even after a long hot shower and severe scrubbing, I felt the same. I wondered if I might have breathed some fumes, or if the oil really was making me sick. I felt tired, so I lay down on the bed. I was out of it as soon as my head hit the pillow.

* * * Morning came with the quickness felt only by one who was too tired when she went to bed. When I awoke, I felt immensely better. I couldn't remember any time in the previous 15 years waking up so refreshed and energetic; it was almost like I had lost that many years. I had been dealing with a cold for several weeks, but now, I didn't feel like I had a cold at all. I was clear-headed and even very hungry.

My morning ritual completed, I was rinsing my face off in the bathroom sink when something caught my eye. The grainy look of my face was gone and it seemed to be a bit lighter. Six hundred hours of electrolysis had left small scars through my beard area and now, it looked like I had never had it done.

Shaking it off as a figment of my imagination, I continued to get ready. I didn't want to leave my niece to the predations of her doctors too long. I knew already that I was going to be her biggest supporter in her recovery. I ate quickly and went to get dressed. As I put on a pair of jeans, I noticed that they were a bit looser. Thinking that my diet was finally starting to work for me, I paid it no mind and finished dressing.

My trip to the hospital was quick and I was let in to see my niece when I arrived. She looked to be doing better, but there was discomfort on her face. Concerned, I sat down by her side.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" I asked her.

"Nothing much, Aunt Jerrie. I'm still having cramps and my tummy feels horrible," she replied.

"Is it that stuff from yesterday that's making you feel bad?" If it were, I would get the doctors to take a closer look inside to see if there was anything that could show on a test.

"No, Aunt Jerrie. Mommy says that I can't talk about it, but I can tell you anything. I got my first period the day before yesterday when I was walking home, right about the time that stuff got on me. I've never felt anything so bad in my life. Mommy says that I have to get used to it, but I don't want to. It hurts too much and I don't like seeing blood come out of me like that." She had a stream of tears rolling from her eyes. My heart went out to her. She not only had been exposed to some sort of chemical, she had had her first period.

I took her in my arms again and held her tight. I didn't experience the burning like I had yesterday, so I wondered if it hadn't been a fluke that it happened, or perhaps that I had been too tired from my trip and things were out of sorts with me. She still had a light sheen of the oil on her skin, but not like it had been the day before.

"Sweetie, I'm going to go out and talk to the doctor. Would you be a good girl and try to sleep a little? I know you have to be tired and it also helps when you are feeling like you are. If I can, I'll be back as fast as I can. If you are sleeping, I will just sit in the chair over by the window until you wake up. Is that ok with you?"

"Sure, Aunt Jerrie. If you talk to Mommy, tell her I want my teddy cat. I couldn't sleep last night because I didn't have her." She looked hopeful that she would have her toy when she went to sleep tonight.

"Sure, honey. I'll tell her, or I will go to your house and get it myself. How about that?"

"Would you? I'd love that." If I did something for her, she would feel that it was that much more special.

"Sure, sweetie. You try to relax and I'll be back before you know it," I told her reassuringly.

She was really tired because she leaned back in the bed, closed her eyes and was very soon asleep. I held her hand for a while before I got up and worked my way out of the room. The main doctor on her case met me and I could tell he wanted to talk to me.

"Ms. Martin, I'm sure that you are aware that we might not be able to find out what those chemicals were that came in contact with your niece, although we are trying hard. I need to ask you a few questions about yesterday's hug."

I didn't really like the way he had said that, but I played along. "Sure, Doc. What do you need to know?"

"When you gave your niece the hug, you stiffened slightly, as if you were burned or shocked by something. I initially wrote it off as revulsion to the oily substance, but I began to wonder if that was all it was. You might be aware that we're trying to identify what the oil is, and we are making progress. We've been able to identify two common body hormones as well as certain endorphins that the body needs to heal itself. Other substances are probably, in part, the chemicals that contacted her skin."

"So, if you know what the main parts are, what does that have to do with me? I mean, sure, I came in contact with the oil and yes, I was repulsed by it since it really felt nasty on my skin. You know I won't do anything to your hospital because I signed the waiver."

"I know that," he said impatiently, "but you have to be aware that if anything adverse happens to you, you'll wind up in the isolation room yourself. Now, since yesterday, we've been able to determine that the substances in the oil might be a mutagen. We..."

I cocked my head slightly. "Wait, what do you mean by mutagen? That it will cause a person to mutate into some sort of monster? That my niece is going to turn into a monster?"

"Now, don't go getting ahead of yourself and thinking bad science fiction here. All we can determine is that something about your niece is changing. We scrubbed her skin hard, unfortunately, to try to get the chemicals off of her before it could damage her. We scrubbed her skin raw and yet, now, there's no sign of any skin damage at all - it pretty much healed itself overnight. The oil is probably going to be an ongoing thing that will most likely run itself out, but only time will tell."

"Still, what does this have to do with me?" I asked.

"We aren't sure, but I have to get your word that if you notice anything strange or unusual that you contact us immediately. Did you notice anything at all so far, something that's not normal with you?"

"Well, to be honest, I was really tired last night, and when I went to bed, I fell asleep quicker than normal, but that could have been the stress of the day. This morning, I got up feeling like a whole new person. It was almost like I'd lost 15 years. But I think that's because I slept so soundly last night."

"How are you feeling now?"

"I'm feeling great. As a matter of fact, I haven't felt this good in quite a long time."

"Hmm, ok. Well, as I said, if you have any problems whatsoever, please get in touch with us and we will see what we can find. Thank you for your time." He shook my hand and then departed.

I thought about what he said as I walked to my car and on the way to my sister's house. Stephanie was not at home, but I knew where she kept her spare key. I let myself in and got Ashley's 'teddy cat.' I couldn't figure out why this child had such a thing about this old hideous toy. It had been so ugly that it was cute when I had bought it for her after she was born. I guess it might be because I bought it for her.

As I got ready to leave, I started having some rather horrible stomach cramps and I had to make my way to the bathroom. Before I could sit down, my stomach revolted and I wound up spewing into the throne. It seemed that everything I had ate that morning was back up. I finished that and wound up evacuating the other end in what seemed to be the most powerful diarrhea I had ever had the displeasure of having. My bowels and stomach continued to gurgle for some time before it subsided. I felt weak and sweaty as well as slightly chilled. I guessed that when I got back to the hospital, I would have to go talk to the doctor.

I decided that it would be best that I go back to the house and rest for a bit. I might have been having an allergic reaction to the oil I'd contacted yesterday but I had never had an allergy in my life. But with this, you could never tell.

Even after a three-hour nap, I was still feeling out of sorts. I had to put on my game face regardless of how I felt. I could not let Ashley know that I was not feeling well. Another trip to the bathroom emptied my system out again. Nothing looked normal in the remnants and I started to feel a bit nervous. As I pulled my pants back up, I noticed that they were markedly looser on me. My shirt was even loose on me. I must have been really getting sick if my clothes no longer fit me. My shoes were loose, or my feet had shrunk. That, I did not think was possible. I tied the laces a bit tighter and left to go back to the hospital.

Life went on for everyone except me. Since I was on personal leave time, I had the leisure to come and go as I wished. No one else from my family was at the hospital and Ashley was looking rather forlorn without anyone around her, but she perked up when she saw me. Her grin got even bigger when she saw her teddy cat. I went in the room and sat down next to her bed and handed it to her. She was in sheer bliss now that she had her old friend with her.

I had figured that she would be feeling too sick to notice that I was not feeling well myself, but I was surprised to see her back to her chipper self again. I caught her appraising me before she piped up.

"Aunt Jerrie, you look funny. Did you go buy clothes that are too big for you?" she asked me innocently.

"No, sweetie, I brought these clothes with me when I came up here. I'm just not feeling that well and I think I'm coming down with the flu or something." I had to stretch the truth a bit for her sake.

"But, Aunt Jerrie, if you are sick, you should see the doctor. They are really good. They fixed me up all better and I know they could you, too." Without a word to me, she picked up the call button on her bed and pressed it. "See, I even called them for you. Now you can get all better!"

The Nurse came running into the room with a panicked look on her face. She took in the sight of Ashley sitting there on her bed with a beautiful smile on her face. Then she looked at me and blanched. She left the room again, but was back in a minute with the doctor as well as the rest of the team.

They pulled me off to the side and hammered me with questions. Most of them came too fast for me to answer, but the doctor caught the gist of what was going on. I had blood drawn and sent to the lab. I was starting to show an oily sheen to my skin and my nervousness increased. In the middle of the testing and questions, my vomiting came back in full force and it was all I could do to keep it off anyone. I did manage to splatter a lot of shoes, but at least it wasn't people.

The hazard suits came out again and I was taken on a gurney to another isolation room where they continued to work on me feverishly. I lost consciousness sometime in there and I knew nothing more.

Chapter 3: It seems a new life is needed

As I reentered the land of the living, I wondered if anyone got the license number of the truck that hit me. My whole body hurt and my head pounded with a thousand variations of the anvil chorus, not to mention the ringing of the bells of a thousand churches.

I opened my eyes, but they refused to focus for me. I heard voices that sounded close by. I tried to call out, but all I did was grunt. The voices stopped talking and I saw a colorful blur come closer to my face. I tried to follow the blur with my eyes and suddenly, I heard someone shouting for a doctor and then the patter of running feet.

I saw a bright flash in my eyes after feeling my eyelids pulled back. I guess my reaction was sufficient because the light went out.

"Ms. Martin, can you hear me?" a male voice asked me.

"Yes." I said, or at least tried to. The grunt was again the only thing that came out of my throat.

"Sorry about that. If you can hear me, just nod your head." I nodded yes. "Good. You had us very worried. We thought we were going to lose you for a while. You have been in a coma for the last month."

A coma? What was wrong with me?

The speaker figured that I might have a few questions. "Somehow, the oil on your niece's skin caused a drastic reaction with your body. We found out that it was a mutagen as suspected, and it changed you in totally unexpected ways."

"WHAT!" I tried to yell out, but my mouth wouldn't open enough. When I did get it open a bit, I felt the clinginess of medical tape over my mouth.

"Wait a minute, let me get the breathing tube out of your throat." He gently pulled the tape off my mouth and, ever so lightly, pulled something out of my mouth. I felt it moving in my throat and I wanted to gag and then it was over. "Now, try not to get too vocal. You've had the tube in your throat for a month now and your vocal chords will be disused to talking. Now, you were saying?"

My voice came out weakly, "I was trying to say, what do you mean, changed? Am I a monster now? What about my niece? How is she doing?" I didn't like the sound of my voice - it was all gravelly and a tiny squeak.

"You needn't worry about your niece. She was released from the hospital two weeks ago with a clean bill of health. She's been by your side most of the time she could since then. You're not a monster, far from it, but I don't think you'll be going back to your job anytime soon. Now, would you like to see how much you have changed?"

"Doc, I can't see very well right now. I can't focus and everything is a blur." I tried moving my hands, but they were strapped down. "Could you release my hands at least?"

"Not right at the moment. If you get up, what you cannot see might hurt you. It would be best if you wait until your vision returns. Your body has been through a lot. Rest and take it easy. Good night." I felt a warm sensation in my arm and I went out like a light.

* * *

When I finally woke up, I could see clearly again. Only this time, it clear and sharp, so sharp I doubted that I'd need the glasses that I'd been wearing since the fourth grade. There was a nurse standing just outside the room and others bustling down the hall on various errands.

Knowing that I could get their attention anytime I wanted I just lay there, stunned, thinking about what the doctor had said last night. Or was it last night? I had no idea what time of day or even what day it was. I had many questions that needed answers.

"Nurse?" I called. "Excuse me, but could you get the doctor for me please?" The gravel was gone, but it sounded like I was talking with lungs full of helium.

The nurse by the door looked in at me and smiled brightly. "What was that, sweetie?" she asked.

'Sweetie? When did I become a *sweetie*?' I thought.

"I was just asking if I could see the doctor. I have some things that I have to ask him." I told her again.

"Sure. He told me you woke up again last night. You sure had us all worried last month," she said with a concerned smile on her face. "I'll have him paged and he will be here as soon as he can get here. He's still off shift at the moment."

"That's fine. Could you untie my arms? I'm hungry and I'll need them to eat."

"The doctor left word that you weren't to be untied until he was sure you weren't going to hurt yourself. You will just have to be patient and things will work out. If you like, I will feed you." There was a sly smile on her face, as if she was telling an inside joke.

"Sure, I guess the hospital has rules about invalid patients." I felt odd about her feeding me like a small child who couldn't feed herself.

She brought in a meal a few minutes later and sat it on the bed table. She took the lids off and I caught a whiff of the aroma of the food. My mouth started salivating at the scent. I was really hungry. I hadn't been able to smell anything like food for a number of years and I had forgotten that food could smell so wonderful.

Needless to say, the food was absolutely fantastic. My sense of taste was so much better now that I could smell things again. I wanted to cry over the wonder of it all. Whatever it was that I had come in contact with had done a miracle. Things that had been lost were now back: taste, smell, and vision. I wondered what else was improved.

At last, I finished the fine meal even though it really was nothing more than cream of wheat, toast and a poached egg with milk. As the nurse was wiping my face off, the doctor strolled into the room.

"Well, Ms. Martin, you certainly look chipper this morning. How are things with you?"

"Fine, Doctor. I can see clearly this morning and that is a surprise. I haven't seen clearly since I was ten. I really enjoyed breakfast this morning. I'd forgotten what it was like to smell or taste food. And I feel like I could run a marathon and win it."

"Well, I don't think you will be running a marathon anytime soon. You still have some recovery time and then we'll see." There was that sly smile on his face, the same one that the nurse had earlier.

"Ok, Doc, now that we have the niceties over with, let's cut to the chase. What happened to me?"

"Before I get started, there are some people waiting to see you." He turned to the door and signaled. My parents walked in a second later. I was happy to see them. But they both hung back as if they were scared of me.

"Now, I know your background and it was quite an interesting read, let me assure you. Your niece was exposed to chemicals from an old chemical plant from another state. They had been dumping their waste products on that site during the 40's and 50's, when the area was nothing but open wasteland. Once the city started getting closer, they stopped and dumped elsewhere. It seems that they were experimenting with a way to make livestock production more productive using male and female hormones as well as mutagens, but they were unsuccessful.

"Normally, these chemicals, separately, would have no effect on a human, but the peculiar combination that got your niece was enhanced by her onset of menses. With her hormone productivity being the highest it would ever be in her life, the chemicals reacted with severe modifications to her body. Nothing really visible except a speeded up healing process and the oil. Her body couldn't handle the chemicals very well and expelled the worst out her pores like sweat. She is still producing the oil and from what we have been able to determine, she might be producing it for the rest of her life."

"That's all fine and dandy, but what does that have to do with me?" I wished that he would get to his point.

"I'm getting to that. When you came in contact with the oil, you came in contact with the mutagens. But you wouldn't have had any reaction if you hadn't also been a genetic male and had a high level of female hormones in your body. You see, the chemical company had been using female hormones to fatten up the steers and had designed the mutagens to become more receptive to the female hormones - to enhance the effect of the hormones. But they stopped when they started getting sex mutations."

He grinned. "I see that you're getting the gist of what I am saying. Yes, the steers were becoming females. It made them female, genetically female and without a uterus. But when you came in contact with the oil, it started mutating your body to become female. Not the restructured male one you had, but a real genetic female. You had something that the steers didn't have: you had your niece."

"I don't understand Doc. What difference would that make? I wouldn't be able to grow a uterus either."

He held up his hand gently, a calming gesture. "Let me finish. Your niece was also expelling some of her DNA into the oil. When the mutagens mixed with your body, you changed completely. Now, I don't want to scare you, but you actually got part of your niece's genetics and you grew a uterus."

My heart leapt into my throat. I had a uterus??? How I wished I had one for so many years, and a leap of fate gave me one!! I grew more excited by the minute.

The doctor continued. "Now, I know this is shocking news to you already, but there are other things that you have to know. Mrs. Martin, could you hand me that mirror on the dresser next to you. Yes, that's it. Thank you." He turned back to me. "I'm going to show you something that might freak you out." He held the mirror up so that I could see my face.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!! Looking back at me was the near twin of my niece! Her face was now mine. How much more did I have? I turned my head in all directions trying to catch the full view. I had him tilt it down a bit so that I could see the lower part of my body. No breasts on my chest, but I could see small nipples trying to poke out of the hospital gown. Blankets covered the rest.

"Doctor, could you please release my hands now? I have to see them. Please?" I pleaded with him.

Silently, he released my hands; I brought them up before my face and stared at them intently. The tiny things at the end of my arms were not the hands I had grown up with.

"Ok, Doc, answer me this: Why am I so small and what happened to my breasts? I had implants and they should still be there."

"It seems that your body shed any and all useless material. We had a hard time keeping up with the stuff your body expelled. Physically, you are now an eleven year-old girl. As for your implants, your body expelled them too."

"But, but how can that happen? They were under the muscles on my chest and should not have come out!" I exclaimed.

"One morning, the nurse came in to change your gown and when she removed it, there were two silicone bags of saline with it, but no wounds in your skin. We figure that they were pushed out of your muscles and skin and then the wounds healed themselves up. There is no other explanation for it."

I took all this in and was silent for quite a while. I had finally gotten my wish, but I wasn't sure if it was what I really wanted. I was 37 years old and now, suddenly, I looked like an eleven year-old girl. I would have given my eyeteeth to look like an eleven year-old girl WHEN I was eleven years old. Not now! What was that going to do with my life? I certainly couldn't go back to work as I was. No one would believe me. I wasn't even sure that my parents would accept me. It had been hard enough for them to accept me as their transsexual daughter. They felt like they had failed me and were terrible parents when I had my SRS. Nothing I could ever say would let them think of me other than as their oldest son. They looked at me as if I were a stranger - they wouldn't even come closer than the edge of the door. My father had always been a strong man, but he looked like a frightened little boy. Mom just looked on curiously.

"Mom, Dad, please talk to me. You're both staring at me as if I had the plague. Believe me, it's not catching."

Both of them looked at me with surprise; I thought that neither of them had expected me to say anything to them at all.

My father spoke first after a long pause. "What do you want us to say?" he replied in agitation. "You were the one who insisted on going in the room and taking off the protective suit. You got what you wanted when you had SRS and now this! You can't be our daughter - you're young enough to be our granddaughter, not to mention looking like our granddaughter." He sighed heavily. "I'm too old to raise another child. What the hell do you want us to do?"

"I have an idea, but it won't be my decision to make. I'll have to get back with you on that." I was just relieved that he hadn't rejected me; he had had such a hard time with my SRS. I turned to mom.

"Mom, I know you and dad have never agreed with my decision to have surgery. I know I was unreasonable to demand to hold Ashley, but no one could have expected what happened! I'm still the same person inside this little body that you gave birth to so many years ago."

It took a long time before she said anything. "I've never really agreed with your reasons for having your surgery, but I've always felt that I could have accepted it in time." She shook her head helplessly. "But now, I'm not sure what to do. I sat up here day after day while you were in your coma. When I saw how much you were changing, I prayed that God would let you die rather than face life as a monster. Instead, you became a little girl.

"Your father and I had always hoped that you would eventually come to your senses and go back to being our son. Now, that's no longer an option and I don't know what to do. I'm sure that in time, I can come to accept it, but it will be hard, harder than anything else I've done. It's a lot to take in." She stood off to the side and went silent.

I sat back, thankful that I still had both parents - albeit barely.

My parents made their leave and it was just the doctor and I again. The whole time I'd been talking to my parents, the doctor had been sitting there quietly taking things in.

"I already had an idea what your parents were going to say, but I couldn't say anything to you about it. There is a possible solution." He signaled at the door and my sister and Ashley came in. Ashley literally bounced with excitement. "Ms. Martin, your sister has an offer. Please hear her out before you decide."

I felt that I knew what she was going to say and wanted to turn her down, but when my sister began, I listened.

"Jerrie, I know you have had a rough life. Mom and dad didn't reject you, exactly, but you have nowhere to go. Ashley wants me to adopt you as her twin sister. You really are a near genetic match for her. You're my sister by surgery, so I'm not sure how I could handle raising you as a daughter, but you really aren't in an ideal position to justify living on your own. You couldn't survive without a parent since you're now eleven. Ashley is lonely for a sibling and you wouldn't have to worry about anything. You'd have to go back to school again until you could resume whatever career you wanted. All you have to do is let me know what you want, and I'll go with that."

I was dumbfounded with her offer. I thought it was more Ashley's idea than her own, but my sister had come through - she wouldn't turn me away. Ashley wanted so much to say something, I could tell. I asked the doctor and Stephanie to step out of the room for a bit while I talked to Ashley.

"Why do you want me to be your sister, Ashley?"

"Oh, Aunt Jerrie, I feel so bad that this happened, but you can't go back to what you were. You look so much like me now that it's like you were my twin sister. Oh, please, won't you say that you will be my sister? Pretty please?"

My feelings were all over the place. It would literally be starting over. Everything I had done and accomplished in my past life, some things I had been proud of, would be thrown away. Starting elementary school as a girl, living as a girl with my sister as my mother? Still, there was no real doubt. Maybe I could have come to some compromise arrangement where I could bend the legal system and live as some freakishly smart girl with adult rights, but Ashley looked at me with those big blue eyes so pleadingly, and she could always twist me around her little finger. To grow up again with her, sharing everything as I could have never have done as Aunt Jerrie...

I reached way down and touched her hand, now the same size as mine, from my hospital bed. "Ok, sweetie, I will be your twin sister. Can you go get mommy and the doctor so that I can talk with them?"

She gave a happy squeal and bounded out the door to get her mother and the doctor. All three of them came back in the room, but Ashley was the most excited.

"Ashley tells us that you have agreed to the conditions. Is there anything that you feel we need to?" The doctor asked me.

Ever since I was very young, I had always felt that I should have been a little girl and now I had the chance. I wasn't sure that I could act like a child or how things would look if I acted too mature. I thought that the portrayal of a much younger person might be very difficult. Childhood had been a long time ago. But one thing was for sure, I could act like a child and no one would think it odd.

"There might be issues, Doctor, that will have to be addressed before things settle down. I need to find out what has been passed on to my employer and insurance company. If everything is to go well, I have to know what they've been told."

He looked thoughtful. "Well, about the only thing that they have been told so far is that you were exposed to a hazardous chemical and that you were in a coma. They haven't been told about your physical changes, although they know about the mutagens. I think I know what you want to do, and it might be unethical, but it might be wise to go that route anyway."

My sister looked on, puzzled. "What are you two talking about? I don't understand this talk of 'ethics.'"

"If I'm going to become your daughter, your sister has to die. The doctor could sign my death certificate that says I died of complications resulting from exposure to hazardous chemicals. I'm pretty sure that the insurance company is going to want to see an autopsy report and that will be the only thing that may prove to be a problem. We'd need a certificate of cremation or something like that. Then we need a paper trail about an unknown girl who was sick from pneumonia or something was brought to the hospital and it was discovered that she was the identical twin of your daughter who disappeared after you gave birth to them both.

"The doctor back then did say you gave birth to twins, but one was born dead. How the body disappeared is still an unknown, but I know you were not in the best of condition after Ashley was born and anything could have happened. This scenario might be the best for us all. You are the beneficiary of my life insurance policy and you would be able to support both of us until I am able to graduate school again and decide on a new career. A new birth certificate will have to be provided for me as well as a new name. Hmm, Doc, how are my finger prints now in comparison to my past ones?"

"We looked at them once you were stabilized and they had changed. They are not copies of Ashley's prints but there are enough similarities that it would be a plausible situation. Stephanie, is what she said about your daughter's twin true?" Stephanie nodded that is was true. "It would be perfect for this. I think it could be pulled off and the records concerning Jerrie would have to be altered to reflect her death. I know it's fraud, but we have to come to terms with this. We can show that she died and, per request from your family, her remains were cremated. I am sure that we can scrape up enough cremated remains from various crematoriums to give the semblance of someone's remains. Let me do some checking with the administration people and see what they say. You may have to give me a few days to talk things through. I'll go now and get the ball rolling." He quickly left us alone.

I had some thoughts I had to pass by Stephanie. "Sis, I know what dad feels. If this if this is going to work, you are going to have to make sure mom and dad go along with it. And does the rest of the family know about me?"

Stephanie looked thoughtful for a moment. "We only told them that you were in a coma after being exposed to the same chemicals Ashley was. Nobody knows that you changed except for Ashley, myself, mom, dad, and the hospital staff."

"Good. Are you going to sue the construction company?"

"We've already reached a tentative settlement with them about Ashley. It wasn't big; they admitted no guilt over it because it wasn't their chemicals. You can't sue anyone for your change. You signed those forms, remember?"

I sighed at that part. It didn't really matter. I had a lot more important things to think about, like my new life.

Chapter 4 - Homecomings

Two weeks later the hospital gave me a clean bill of health. My body seemed to have an infinite capacity for energy that I was hard-pressed to use. In the meantime Stephanie had sold my house, at a loss, but I wouldn't be needing it any more.

At least I could use my pride and joy, my laptop, and that first day I worked until I glowed. My hands cramped and my arms ached horribly, but I was happy.

Stephanie received a first payment for Ashley's accident, and bought a new, larger house for the three of us. She moved most of my belongings that could fit into my new room. Ashley took no time to accept her long lost twin sister and had been telling all her friends the story of her twin who'd been stolen at birth, but had been miraculously found. Her friends wanted to visit me at the hospital, but we persuaded them to stay away until I was out. I hoped by that time I would be able to get my act down pat and not have any problems with the pre-teen girls she associated with.

My story was that I'd been raised in isolation and hadn't interacted with other girls, or anyone else for that matter. I would be quite shy around others for a while. Once I was comfortable I might open up.

My biggest problem was my parents. Stephanie had talked to them, but the only thing they agreed upon was that I would be regarded as dead. They were reluctant to accept me as their long lost granddaughter, but I was sure that as time went by, they would be better with it. New things take time to adjust.

Getting out of the hospital was a big day for me. The new house was ready, and Stephanie and Ashley had prepared a great big welcome home party. I was packed up and presented with my new birth certificate, social security card, and other pertinent forms and loaded up into Stephanie's new mini van.

The drive to the new house was quick and before I knew it, we were unloading the van heading inside. As expected, inside the house were all of Ashley's friends, their parents, and my now former parents. Most conspicuous in their absence were my siblings, but that wasn't unusual. A swarm of girls greeted me as Jennifer, my new name. They ranged from about ten to twelve years old and I'd never seen so many giggling little girls in one place before; I was slightly overwhelmed by the attention.

All the girls oohed and ahhed that I looked so much like Ashley. I sort of clung to Ashley because I was a little afraid of them, and I didn't have to act like a scared child because I was that and more.

The welcome home party seemed to run forever. Finally I relaxed somewhat, but anytime too many people crowded me, I pulled away to hide. A few commented about how skittish I was. Stephanie explained the story we concocted for this occasion:

I'd been stolen from the hospital right after I was born and raised in a very strict environment. I'd never had anyone around except for the two adults who had taken me. I had no formal schooling, but I had been taught things at the house. I had gotten seriously sick one day, and I wound up at the hospital where I was recognized by one of the nurses who had treated Ashley.

At first, they thought I was Ashley and tried to track down her mother, but when Ashley was found where she was supposed to be, it seemed that the hospital had an interesting problem: two nearly identical girls with different last names. As Stephanie told it, my kidnappers vanished. Nobody had seen them for several weeks. I had been genetically identified that I was Stephanie's daughter and my DNA matched 97% of Ashley's. Even our fingerprints nearly matched.

I could only hide my growing smile; the adults fell for the story. Eventually it would become common knowledge. I just had to fulfill my roll in the scheme of things.

The day finally ended and we were finally alone. Stephanie told me to take a bath and get ready for bed. Since it was a Saturday, I had a full day to prepare myself mentally for school on Monday.

I was awestruck by the size of my room and bathroom. Of course, I was so much smaller than before. The bathtub nearly swallowed me with its size, but I was tickled pink. Ashley had her own room and adjoining bathroom too. There would be no need for anyone to share a bathroom in this house.

I finally got too pruned after an hour and dried off. I slipped into the nightie that Stephanie had provided. I was a bit chagrinned over the little girl's panties, but I put them on like the good girl I was now.

Chapter 5 - Kidnapped

Unbeknownst to the world at large, some very unscrupulous people planned to kidnap Ashley and find out how she was able to produce the oil. It would happen when they needed a fresh batch of the oil. The group composed of some of the people in the research lab that isolated the oil's components.

When they heard of my subsequent transformation and age regression, they started trying to duplicate the oil formula. They thought they had found the fountain of youth. But none of their efforts paid off with anything that they could use.

They started to get desperate, and to find out what they needed, they had to have the source of the oil, Ashley.

Ashley had been secreting the oil all along. She hated that it wouldn't stop; it gave a new meaning to the term oily skin.

The hospital had asked Stephanie if they could collect samples of the oil every once in a while so that they could analyze and experiment with it. As a bold business move, Stephanie charged them for the oil. Since it had to be scraped, it was a painful process. Stephanie charged them $1000 per one-ounce vial, about as much as they could get in one visit. The proceeds of that went into Ashley's college fund for later use in her continuing her education.

The oil collecting had been going on now for two months, ever since I got out of the hospital. I'd go with her and Stephanie and wait with her while she was being worked on. Most of the time I sat holding her hand; she squeezed it when it became too painful.

We became so close that we could almost tell what the other was thinking. The closeness I had with her was more filling than anything I'd had in my first childhood. I had spent a lot of lonely years growing up. I couldn't play with the boys because they were rougher than I liked, but if I tried to play with the girls, I would be excluded because I was a boy. I could never win anything.

Because of my near shunning, I learned how to be self-reliant, as well as my own entertainment. I also trained myself to be very observant to the way people did things or said things that affected my life. That training came in handy one surprising spring day six months after my transformation.

Ashley and I were walking home from school, but had not left the school grounds yet. We'd been talking with some of her friends, well, mine too at that point. I remembered that I had forgotten a book I needed for a homework assignment and told Ashley to wait for me while I ran back in to get the book. I went back inside, grabbed my book and ran back out.

Just as I came back to the door, I noticed a dark blue van in the area where Ashley should have been. I saw the door closing, and it started accelerating away. Not seeing Ashley anywhere, I made note of the details of the van as well as its license number. I wrote it down quickly, knowing that I might not remember it in the flurry of activity that I knew was coming.

I ran back inside and went to the office. I was a bit out of breath and had a hard time telling them what I'd seen. Once I spilled what had happened, they called the police, and I was taken into the principal's office and told to wait. Stephanie, or mom now, was called and informed that Ashley had been abducted from in front of the school. She totally panicked and broke multiple speed laws getting to the school.

By the time she arrived, the police were there, taking my statement. She was terrified. I couldn't blame her, since her only real daughter was missing. I didn't want to think about what the abductors wanted with her.

The police told her that they had high hopes about her recovery, especially since I had managed to get the license number of the van. They had already put an APB out on the van and it wouldn't be long. Or so they said.

Chapter 6 - Second Abduction

After Ashley was abducted, we waited for word. A week later the police called us to tell us they had found the van, but that it had been torched. Mom nearly went to pieces, but at least they hadn't found her body - there was still hope that she was alive.

I hadn't told anyone, but I knew that Ashley wasn't dead. I felt her in my mind whenever I thought about her. I could tell that she was scared, but that she was at least being treated well. For some reason, whenever I slept, I'd dream about Ashley being kept in some stark white room with a bed, and every so often, someone would come into the room and talk to her. I'd catch flashes of her strapped into a chair or on a table of some sort and would feel pokes in my arm or scrapes on my skin. It was as if I felt and saw everything she did. I couldn't tell where she was, but I had the distinct feeling of ether or some other drug, and that she was feeling rotten with the after effects.

A few days later, a family liaison officer visited us for an update. After accepting a cup of coffee from mom, he proceeded to tell mom what they had found so far.

"Ms Martin, with all missing persons, the first forty-eight hours are the most crucial. This is not a missing person, it is an abduction. Therefore we are not treating this as a missing person, but as a crime enquiry. Now there are many reasons for abductions, and if there is a ransom demand, there is usually a financial motive. We always deal with this as if the abductee is still alive. However, I have to inform you so that you may prepare yourself for the worst. Sometimes, abductions have no other motive other than assault, either sexual, or physical. With every hour that passes, we are doing what we can. We’re utilizing heat and infrared sensors on the helicopter, and teams of searchers with dogs. Unfortunately, we have no specific area to search, and there are many places that a person may be hidden, alive or not!"

Mom started to cry. It was as if she had given up on Ashley being alive and had started the grieving process. I knew otherwise, and felt that it was time I spoke up.

"Mommy, don't believe what the policeman says. Ashley is not dead. The people that took her are treating her well, but she is scared all the time and is lonely for her family. She's ok, even though they are ‘sperimenting on her."

The police officer seemed to be the type that did not believe in psychic connections between twins, and he started to tell me that I had to accept that my sister was not going to be back.

"No, sir, you don't understand!" I exclaimed. "I can feel my sister in my head! She is ok. I know that. They keep her awake at night and I dream about them 'sperimenting on her. I feel them poking her with needles and scraping her skin. They strap her down on a table of some sort in a room that looks like an operating room on TV, or in a room that has just a bed in it. She doesn't get to watch TV, read books or anything else. Mommy, she is so bored, but she misses us terribly."

My words had an effect on the officer. He started to write things down quickly as I was speaking. When I finally finished talking, he put his pen down and looked at me. "Jennifer, honey, when you see your sister with someone, can you tell if there is any sort of identification on them?"

I thought for a moment. "No sir. They are all wearing, I think, lab coats. You know, like something a mad scientist might wear on the old scary movies."

I could almost follow his thinking by the expressions on his face. "Jennifer, do you think that you could describe things more if you had help? I am sure that we could pinpoint where your sister was if we could get a good description of someone in your dreams. Ms. Martin, would you consent to us hypnotizing your daughter? She seems to have better leads than we do. I assure you that she will treated well and anything we learn will be kept confidential."

Mom turned to me and said, "Jennifer, would you be willing to be hypnotized to help the police?"

"Sure, I think I could do that. But do you think they will make me act like a chicken or a cow, or bark like a dog? I don't think that would be too fun."

I spotted a twitch in the corner of the officer's mouth. "No, honey, they won't make you bark like a dog or act like a chicken and cow. All they want to do is talk to you about what you have been seeing with your sister. Would that be ok?"

I beamed at him. "Sure. Anything I can do to help my sister!" I wanted him to think that I was a typical eleven year-old.

He excused himself and took a moment to make a couple of calls on his cell phone before returning to the table. "Ms. Martin, Jennifer, I've set up an appointment with a hypnotist for tomorrow morning. They are going to need you there at 9:00 and it might take a while, so be prepared. We'll see to it that you have anything you might want to drink or eat while you're there." He picked up the scratch pad from the table and wrote down an address. "This is where you will need to be. Jennifer, you're a very brave girl to do this. Please stay brave and we will have your sister back very soon."

After he left, mom turned to me. "Why didn't you say anything before this? You could have saved me a lot of heartache worrying about Ashley."

"I know mom, but I wanted to be sure. I kept thinking that it was just wishful thinking. But last night was what clinched it for me. I could hear Ashley telling me that I needed to tell someone that she was ok but scared. She told me that the people who were holding her said that they wouldn't harm her. All they wanted to do was find out how she made the oil and then they would let her go. Mom, I don't believe they will find out how she makes the oil." I giggled a bit at a thought. "I tried to tell her to tell her body to stop making it for a while. I thought that if she did that, that she could get them to let her go sooner. She said she would try."

"It's a feeling I have. I noticed several times that when she talks about the oil being a pain that it starts to dry up and goes away. But usually, it is not for very long and once she forgets about it, it starts to come back slowly. I think that if she tried hard, she could get it to stop."

Mom looked thoughtful for a while. "Well, sweetie, I hope you're right. Now, how about we get something to eat. You look fidgety like Ashley does when she is really hungry and if I am correct, I heard your tummy growl not too long ago."

I giggled. "I think you heard right, mom."

I dreamed that night that Ashley told me that she had been able to stop the oil from appearing on her skin. She was happy when she realized that she could keep the people from scraping her skin time and again.

The next day, mom and I went to the hypnotist and the policeman was there. He was with several other people, one of which had a drawing pad in her hands. I guessed that she was the sketch artist that was going to draw the picture of the people I had seen with Ashley. Mom was given a seat to wait in next to me that she could be kept abreast of the progress. I was guided into the dimly-lit room and asked to sit in a reclining chair.

I didn't have to wait long before they tried to hypnotize me. I had been put under once, years ago, and I had been told by a friend that he had left me with a suggestion that if I were to be hypnotized again I would go under quickly, which I was.

I didn't remember anything when I was awakened, but the police officers and sketch artist around me were literally beaming. I guessed that they got what they needed. When I back with mom, they told us how proud they were of me. I had given them enough detailed information to make half a dozen sketches of potential suspects. If they weren't in a criminal database, it might be a hard time finding out who they were, but they were still going to put out the pictures on the local networks and list them as people of interest in Ashley's abduction.

* * *

We waited for two weeks without hearing anything from the police. During that time I kept going to school, even though I did not really care to. I had to do something to keep from thinking about Ashley. My dreams at night had become worrisome. Ashley hadn't been producing any oil for her kidnappers, and they were getting vicious with her. One person had actually threatened to kill her if she didn't produce any. I lent my support to her, telling her we were working on finding her. She was scared but understood.

One day, shortly after that, I was walking home from the bus stop when I felt a sting in my back. I thought I had walked too close to a wasps' nest, that is, until my vision started swimming and I started stumbling. I felt my legs weakening. I tried to brace myself, but wound up falling into the grass. I could hear people talking around me, but couldn't move my head. I heard a siren a couple of minutes later and I was loaded on something and put inside a vehicle. The siren blared for a couple of minutes and then turned off. I heard a voice say, "Put her out." A pinprick in my arm, and blackness claimed me.

Chapter 7 - Reunion

As I slowly regained awareness, I felt a hand on my forehead. A voice called my name. "Jennifer, wake up, please? Come on Jennifer. I haven't seen you for so long. Please wake up."

Once I realized that it was Ashley, my eyes popped open. "I'm awake Ashley, but I feel horrible. Where am I?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm so happy to see you. You don't know how hard it has been. But for some reason, I knew you hadn't given up on me. How long have I been gone? They get me up at such different times and don't let me sleep long."

"You've been gone a month, sister dear."

"A month? Oh, my gosh, it seemed like so much shorter. How's momma doing?"

"She's been worried sick. When I found out that I could feel how you were doing, we were at least cheered up that you were alive. The police had almost given up on you until I told them."

"You could really feel me? I thought that I could feel you too, but I just thought it was my mind playing funny tricks on me. But I kept hoping that it was true. Do you think they have any idea where we are?"

Worried about any hidden microphones in the room, I replied, "I don't know, but I think the police have a line on something, or they would have said something to mom and me."

I didn't get any chance to say anything else. The door clicked twice as it was unlocked and opened. I recognized the man in the doorway as one of the people I had described under hypnosis. I had been shown all the pictures they had drawn from my memories and I couldn't believe how accurate it was; this guy had been drawn dead-on. He looked like someone's father and I hoped that he wasn't the nasty person that Ashley's feelings made him out to be.

He regarded us for a moment before speaking. "Both of you get up. We have more tests to run. Jerrie, you are the current object of our interest. If you make a move or shout, you will be severely punished." He smiled grimly. "No, wait, let me rephrase that. Ashley will be severely punished. You're old enough to know that I have no reason to bluff. Do we understand each other, Jerrie?"

Scared, but for Ashley's sake, I could only nod my agreement.

"Ok, follow me and no funny business." He turned and we followed him out of the room. He led us down long hallways and made turns that made no sense unless he was trying to confuse us. I had the impression we had come complete circle and were about to go back to the same door we had come from. Finally, we entered a lab full of all sorts of medical equipment with many vials for blood and other, less obvious samples. My skin crawled. I hated needles, and I had a good idea I was going to be poked and prodded a lot.

"Get on the table." He ordered me. I hesitated only slightly and he raised a closed fist by Ashley's head. That threat got me on the table. He turned to my sister. "Ashley, go sit in the chair by that desk, and be quiet. You know what happens when you disobey." Her eyes widened and she moved to the chair.

And then he turned his attention to me. Emotionlessly, as if he did this every day, he strapped me to a table. Then he stuck a needle in my arm and withdrew ten vials of blood. I swallowed when he brought a really long needle around on a tray. He rolled an ultrasound unit over on a cart and rolled up my blouse, applying some gel to my belly before moving a wand over it. I couldn't see the monitor, but he found whatever he was looking for fast enough. I cringed when he grabbed the syringe; the thing looked like it was a mile long. I screamed when he plunged it into my abdomen as deep as it would go, dwindling off to a whimper as he found the right organ.

The fluids he sucked out of me were enough to make me queasy, so I stopped trying to watch what he did. Next, he completely removed my clothes and checked my skin. Feeling his hands on me, I could only lay there feeling dirty and used. He took some sort of sickle-shaped instrument that I had never seen before and started scraping my skin over my chest and belly. It was the worst pain I had ever felt. I screamed. I screamed until I was hoarse, gradually winding down to sobbing. I was left with bleeding streaks all over my chest where he had removed layers of skin. During a pause in the action, I looked over at Ashley. She was crying too. She knew what I was going through and there was nothing she could have said to ease my suffering.

I tried my best to will away the pain, but he kept on scraping. All of a sudden, a loud klaxon horn went off and he jerked away from me, startled. The agony and fire coursing through my slight body was finally too much for me, and I gratefully slid into unconsciousness.

Chapter 8 - Another recovery

This time when I awoke, my first thoughts were of pain - I didn't feel any. Subconsciously, I had been expecting to feel what had had been in my last thoughts just before I had fainted. I knew I was back in a hospital because I could smell the antiseptic scent that all hospitals seem to have in common.

I wasn't strapped down onto the bed I was in and that was certainly a good sign. I yawned and stretched my body to get the stiffness out of it and because I could. My movements brought a flurry of activity in my direction. My good old friend the doctor, the one that had helped bring me into my new life, was there smiling.

"Well, Jennifer, it seems that you have an uncanny ability to find trouble. I would have thought that you had had enough when you were transformed, but here we are finding you abducted like your sister."

"How were they able to locate me?" I asked.

"When you underwent the hypnosis, they discussed things with your mother and they implanted a locator in your body that uses your own electrochemical system to power it. They just followed it until they found you. It was great luck that Ashley was there with you. It certainly saved them a lot of effort tracking her down in that maze. Your mom feels really bad about not telling you about it and the reasons for doing it. She was going to tell you but never got the chance. They took you earlier than anyone expected them to."

"Did they kill anyone? I hope they killed that sadist who was ripping my skin off before they came in."

He gave me a look. "No, they didn't kill anyone. Everyone surrendered and not a shot was fired. Although, the sadist who was working you over somehow found himself having an accident. He fell down a flight of stairs and broke his arm, had one of his legs broken in three places, and suffered a few broken ribs." He said that with a chuckle in his voice.

I lay back in the bed and breathed a little easier. "Do they know who these people are? I mean, I would hate to them come looking for us again to finish their business with us." For the first time in my life, I was frightened of the possibility of being hurt.

"They were our own laboratory people, turned rogue. They kept the whole thing quiet from the majority of the people in the lab because of the fact they kidnapped someone. After one person turned them over to the police, which the police were unable to substantiate, no one outside a core group of five knew anything about the plot. The person who turned them in disappeared shortly afterwards. Then they set up a second lab away from the main lab and away from everyone else. They had to work at night because of having to work their regular jobs in addition to the things they were doing with Ashley. They had thought they had found the fountain of youth in Ashley. Ashley told me that you told her in a dream how to stop making the oil. When she stopped, it frustrated them to no end. When they could get no more oil from Ashley, they had to turn their attention on the second best option. You. They couldn't tell whether you would be able to help them or not but they had to try anyway. You will be happy to know that nobody will be out of jail any time soon."

"Is Ashley able to make the oil again?" I asked.

He shrugged. "As far as we have been able to determine, she can't produce the oil any more. That might just be a good thing for all of us. It'll remove the temptation of causing harm to you two."

I let out a deep sigh. I was relieved about that. But then something tickled my mind. It felt like someone laughing at me. Ashley! She was reading my mind! I thought back at her, 'How are you doing that? Get out of my head!' My thoughts were greeted with more mental laughter. 'But Jennifer, this is so much fun being able to talk like this!' She was enjoying this.

I caught a quick thought from her, 'We'll talk later. I can't say anything around the hospital people or momma. We're out in the lobby waiting for permission to come in your room.'

"Doc, would it be ok if I see mom and my sister? I'm sure that they would like to see me again."

"Sure, I think they're waiting outside for you to awaken. Let me go get them." He left the room. A few seconds, Mom and Ashley strolled into the room. I was thinking about how I noticed as time passed that my former sister and new mom had fully settled into her role as mother. I did my part, as well, being Ashley's sister. It was easier that way and I came to love her as my own mother. There were only a few uncomfortable times that she or I would say something that brought back the old life and they became fewer and fewer.

"Hi Mom. Hi Ashley. I hope I didn't worry you too much."

"No sweetie. But you did worry me when you disappeared. I'm so glad the police were able to provide that locator for you. Without it, we never would've found either of you at all. I'm just sorry that I didn't have the chance to tell you about it before they abducted you. But once they arrested everyone there, they found the people in the drawings. They were the people in charge of the 'youth project,' as they called it."

"I'm sorry to have caused you trouble. Especially, since I haven't been your daughter very long. It is not what I would call a great beginning." I was a bit worried that she would hold it against me.

"You have nothing to be worried about. You did nothing wrong except to try to live your life. Other people tried to interfere with that. They are the ones that should and will be punished, not you."

I was relieved. "Thanks mom. I love you. You too, sis."

Ashley piped up, "I love you too. If it hadn't been for you and your mental suggestions to me, I never would have learned to control the oil, or even be out of that place. No wait, before you say anything, I learned a lot about myself, too. I can shut the oil off and turn it back on whenever I felt like it, but I'm not telling the medical people!"

I thought about it briefly. "I think as long as they think that you can't make the oil, you'll be safe. We have to keep that between the three of us. I don't think we can trust anyone not to ever do this sort of thing again. If it happens again they might end up killing us both."

Mom came over and touched my hair. "Well, we will go and let you rest. The doctor says you healed up nicely and will be ready to go home in a couple of days. In a few days you'll be going back to school." Mom reached down and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead. Ashley followed suit but just gave me a hug. Then they were gone.

Chapter 9 - Settling back down and settling in

My new life picked up where I had left off when I was abducted. School resumed and I continued to excel. The teacher was so proud of me because I had come so far in such a relatively short time. I couldn't tell her that I had already gone through this before. I had the best grades in the class and I aced every test. Ashley was jealous of me and I had to remind her that I was still an adult inside, that eventually she would catch up with me. If anything, I had to dumb myself down to interact on her age level.

So began a pattern of education that continued until I graduated high school again. I rarely ever studied for anything and my mind did a lot of wandering in class. I found the classes boring, especially when a teacher would stand and ramble on about something I had known for decades. Sometimes, I would surprise a teacher with a bit of brilliance, but I tried to limit it to once a class.

Meanwhile, Ashley and I tried to learn more about the oil. She could turn it on and off at will, but that was all; she never did discover why or how. I, on the other hand, had my suspicions about its capabilities ever since the discussion with the doctor in the hospital just after I had transformed into Jennifer.

The chemicals were used to try to fatten up steers headed for slaughter, but that it transformed them into cows without a uterus. At the same time, they had been given estrogens, also as an aid to fattening. Then I come along, a post-op transsexual, make contact with the oil, and transform into a near twin of my niece - with a uterus.

I was beginning to have my suspicions that Ashley could control the oil enough that if the right person came along, she could transform them into a female. I told Ashley my theory and she could not dispute it. But we were supposed to be too young to know about these sort of things. Serious exploration would have to wait until both of us were out of high school and possibly through college.

So it went. Both Ashley and I breezed through school. I had the previously referred to experience and she took advantage of it. I became a second teacher to her and she taught me what it was really like to be 100% female. I am happy to say that by the time I was again fifteen, I considered myself 100% female. I had all the wants and desires, as well as being able to speak like a teenage girl.

Since Mom and Ashley had gotten the full settlement from the accident, we never wanted for anything. We both had money set aside for college and I think both of us were looking to possibly go into biochemistry, but Ashley more so than I. I wanted to become a doctor specializing in transgenderism. I had a lot more work ahead of me than I had ever had before. Being a doctor took a lot of years and time, as well as effort. I didn't like the thought of having to cut open cadavers and the stuff that came along with it, but I knew that if I set my mind to it, I could do it.

With those goals in mind, both Ashley and I went through High School, graduating with honors. It was really funny because we both wound up as the class valedictorian. We could study together and our mind link permitted us to cheat on any test we took. Not that I would call it cheating, I was always the one being asked the questions. I would try not to tell her, but we had found out that when I was asked something in our mental mode, I would answer it without knowing that I did. When she picked the answer from my brain, she would always give me a little giggle. I couldn't help myself; I just had to giggle along with her. She knew it irked me to just give her the answers, but really, it didn't matter. She was an excellent student and almost always knew the answer anyway. It was her idea of a joke to 'steal' it from me.

Finally the day of high school graduation came and went, and we entered the greater world. We had our goals in mind as we stepped out those doors for the last time. It was time to make them come true.

Chapter 10 - College bound

I finally found myself as a member of a select group of people: those waiting to start college. Most people these days couldn’t afford to go to college because of the growing costs that are associated with attending. Both Ashley and I were very lucky since mom had already put aside money several years ago out of my insurance settlement from my 'death' and from the settlement Ashley received from her accident. We both had built up a college fund of $150,000 after the interest was accrued.

Because of my school grades, I had received several offers of scholarships from more schools than I ever thought existed. I had picked as my major, psychology with a minor in gender studies. I was going to work on getting my PhD in my major and I knew that it was going to be a long hard road to haul. In my previous life, I never went to college and just went straight to work in a blue collar job. My life as a telephone technician kept me occupied for many years before I transitioned on the job. After my transition, I kept the same title of job but went into a different function but I was still out in the public eye. Many people could read me for what I had been and I was discriminated against by one of my former supervisors before my surgery. When I tried to point to out the discrimination, I was told that the move that I had been subjected to was because I was the least senior person on my crew. But it left a very bitter taste in my mouth over it. I transferred out of that crew after I had my surgery. I had always felt sorry for anyone who was gender conflicted and I had always wanted to be able to help them but I was never able to do anything. Now, I would be able to help.

Ashley, on the other hand, wanted to be able to study the oil that her body could produce. Biochemistry was the best way to do that and she was also going to study genetics. Maybe if things worked out for her, she could figure out what she did with me and do it with others but not so drastically as it had been with me. If my hopes come true, I think that Ashley and I could go into business together as a sex change team.

Each morning when I arose, I would always look at my reflection in the mirror and wonder at the reflection that confronted me. I was now 5'8" tall with a slender and svelte body. My blonde hair came down to mid back where I had always wore it. Ashley kept hers right at the top of her shoulders, which made it easy to tell us apart. We once tried the total identical twin look, same length hair, same clothes, etc. You know the look. We had people doing double takes for a while but if one were to look real close, they could see the differences between us. When Ashley was four, she was bit in the face by a Rottwieler dog and she had scars around her right eye and between her mouth and nose on the left side of her face. In time, the scars faded and became white but they were still visible. I had no scars on my face because I had never been bit by a dog. I had had one previously next to my left eye from a childhood injury but that disappeared when my body changed. As a matter fact, all my old scars disappeared. And I had several of them. But it did not detract from Ashley's looks because the scars were not big. At least she had not been viciously mauled and ruined. The dog only closed its mouth down and let go. But it was enough to puncture the skin and require stitches.

My body was now my pride and joy. I had a 34B bust above a 22 inch waist which was seductively set over 35 inch hips. My size six feet were slender and the legs above them were slender and well turned. Whenever Ashley and I would go out in shorts, we had an audience of boys taking us in. I had sworn that I would not partake in sex until I was married but I could flaunt my body with the best of them. Ashley and I were a hot team together and I felt that we could go places in the world and not for the reasons of sex either.

Ever since Ashley and I were abducted so many years ago, I had been doing a lot of thinking about Ashley's oil. While I was using my head, she was using her ability and making the oil come and go. She became so efficient at it, that a person would never know that she had the ability if they didn't know at the time. The one thing I wished was the chance to prove out my theory about the oil she produced. I know it was going to take time to get the proof that would set us up for life.

The summer wore on and I started getting antsy to get back to school. To me, the whole thing was going to become a new adventure. I could not help being so eager about going. It was my new life's goal that was closer than it had ever been before.

Finally, the big day arrived with Ashley and I headed off to Stanford University where we would study our selected subjects. With Ashley interested in studying the oil she produced, she had selected the School of Molecular and Cellular Physiology. To also study the makeup of the oil, she was also going to the School of Genetics. Hopefully, with the help of the schools, she would be able to completely understand what she did to produce the oil and how she might be able to fully develop it for human usage.

I would be attending the School of Psychiatry to become a psychologist or even a psychiatrist but either one would satisfy me. I knew I had a long road to travel to get where I wanted to go.

Before any of the classes started, I finally sat down with Ashley to talk to her about that fateful day that I was transformed into her twin sister. Since we were able to share the same dorm room, it was just a matter of being able to get a few minutes to talk to her. That was harder said than done. Our schedules conflicted everywhere but somehow we managed.

Ashley was curious about what I wanted to talk about. "You know how I hate it when you call these little meetings, Jen. I could be doing something constructive like studying or maybe even meeting a new guy." She said that last with a twinkle in her eye.

"Oh, can it Ashley. The reason I wanted to talk to you was about something that has been bothering me for more than seven years." That perked her up. "On the day that I irrevocably became your sister, what was it that you were thinking when I was giving you the hug that started me on my way to become your sister?"

"Geez, you had me worried for a minute. I thought you might have wanted to talk about getting a guy of your own." A little giggle came from her lips. "You could have asked me at any time and I would have told you. I was thinking about how all my friends had a brother or sister that they could turn to in a time of crisis and how I was wishing that I could have a sister that I could talk to and share things with. I had no idea that I would turn you into my sister as a result of it."

"That's ok, sis. It was like I had thought. I wanted to see if my theory was correct. I don't suppose you remember what the doctor said about what it was that you came in contact with, would you?"

"Not really. It was too long ago and I was too young to understand what he had said. To me, they were really big words, so I forgot what they were."

"Well, I wasn't and the words are with me today." I went on to tell her about the mutagen properties and the usages of the chemicals and hormones in fattening up steers for market. While I talked, I could see her eyes growing wider as she showed she understood what I was saying. When I finally finished, she sat there with her mouth opening and closing rapidly. It was some time before she was able to engage her brain to her mouth and say what she intended.

"You mean to say that I purposely changed you to my sister by changing the oil to my genetics and mutating it to make the alteration? Why haven't I been able to change anyone since then?"

I was ready to answer that one for her. "I think what causes the change is for the body to be male in genetics but taking female hormones. If you remember right, the doctor said that all the steers had been given female hormones to help fatten them up and they all became female without a uterus. But when you added your genetics and were starting your first period, everything combined to give you the ability to change any person along the lines of the cattle. Only you could put more into it than what was happening with the cattle. I think that the only way that you can transform anyone else would be someone like the old me. In other words, they would have to be transsexual and in the transition process towards surgery."

"How would I be able to do that? Wouldn't the oil just change them into a little girl like you were?"

"I don't think so. You have conscious control of whether or not you make the oil at any time. I think that if you were able to think about what you want the oil to do, you would be able to do it. If you told it you wanted the person to have red hair when they had black hair, it would mutate the person to be a natural redhead. But a female redhead. Like when you gave me the oil, you wanted a sister to be with you and viola, I was changed into your sister. But I think the process was so fast and hard on my body that it almost killed me. I think that by you coming into my room all those times while I was changing and holding my hand, you gave me a booster shot of the oil to make me stronger and live. The doctors had given up hope for me to live and one time right before you came in the room, I was near death. I got my booster, lived and eventually recovered. I think that you could change the oil enough that a person would not go through the quick change that you made me go through. You could probably even make it last out a year before the final emergence of the finished change was visible. I have theories that I want to test when you feel you are ready."

"How would you test them? I would have to be a willing partner in your tests, you know."

"You would have to be more than a willing partner. You would have to be the one that instigates the contact to change the person. But to test the theory, I would have to have a transgendered person available and we are in the perfect place for that. Stanford has its own Gender Dysphoria program and there are people here all the time for their check ups and appointments with the Behavioral Sciences department. We could talk to one of the younger ones and see how they would like to take part in an experiment." I had to be careful how I approached her with this. It may backfire on me.

"You know that the only person like this that I knew was you. I don't think I could do anything like that to a person that I didn't know. I would have to get to know a person first." Bingo. Just as I thought.

"You will be happy to know that there is such a person living right down the hall from us. You know Teresa Johnson, the very tall young woman with the glasses that lives three rooms from us?"

"Yes, but what do you mean? Teresa is a guy? She doesn't look it. Besides, I have seen her naked before and there are no male parts there."

"Ashley, you really don't know what you are looking for. Believe me when I say, I know the look since I had to live with it for a very long time. There are ways of hiding male anatomy that could make any boy look like a girl. She has obviously been on hormones for a while but I can see the tell tale signs of her being male. Only complex plastic surgery can get rid of them and I was never able to do that. Looking at me, you cannot tell that I had ever been male in my life. Your oil did a fantastic job on me and I am quite pleased with the results. But the big question is whether you would like me to approach Teresa and see if she would be willing to participate in an experiment or would you like to do it on the sly?"

"I wouldn’t want to transform a person without their knowledge. If we did it, or rather, if I did it, I would have to make sure that she knew it in advance. If you will talk to her, I will go with the plan if she agrees."

At least I had my confirmation that Ashley would be willing to try it once and see if I was right. About that time, Ashley had to run and attend a class that was an evening course. She was gone and I was able to start my plan in action.

Chapter 11 - Will the next contestant step forward?

After Ashley left to go to her class, I went to look up Teresa. I didn't have to go far since she was out in the TV room watching the Sci-fi Channel. I had to giggle a bit over that. It was mostly a guy/geek thing. Ever since my transformation, I could not get into that sort of thing anymore. I was a typical girl. Ashley on the other hand loved to watch football (YUCK!) and absolutely LOVED the Denver Broncos. Teresa was busy watching an episode of Star Gate SG1. I shook my head and smiled, then approached her.

"Hi. You're Teresa, right? I'm Jennifer. Do you mind if I sit here with you? I am bored and needed someone to talk to." Kind of lame for an introduction but what the heck.

"Hi Jennifer. Sure, you can sit here. Although I don't know why you would want to talk to a freak like me. Surely, it is all over the dorm that I’m weird." God, this girl has such low self esteem.

"I don't know what people are saying about you. You seem like a nice enough person. As for being a freak, I don't know. You don't know me yet." I told her with a little giggle that hid my true freakiness.

"Oh, I am nice enough but no one really wants to have anything to do with me. Not that I am so extroverted myself. You have the world going for you and I don't want to interfere with anyone's lives except mine."

"Teresa, can I speak frankly with you?" I had to brook it lightly. "If possible, someplace a little more privately. If you want, we can go to my dorm room or if you are more comfortable, we can go in your room. But we need to talk, really."

"Why would you want to talk with me privately? Can't you say what you want out here?" She was sounding a bit defensive now. I was encroaching on her territory and she would defend herself if needs be.

"I am not sure that you would want to have anyone hearing what I am going to say. I know I sure wouldn't want anyone hearing what I am going to say. It would bring out my freak of nature to the whole school and who knows what my life would be like if anyone found out."

"Well, if you feel so strongly about it, let's go to my room.”

We got up and I waited while she gathered up her stuff and I followed her into her room. She seemed to have a single room, but I think that would be expected with someone in her situation.

One we had sat down, she opened up with, "What did you want to talk about?"

"Teresa, I know what you are doing in your life and I must say that I am proud that you are brave enough to do it."

Her eyes were skeptically looking at me as if I knew nothing. I had to go for broke. "Being transsexual is not an easy thing for anyone. I know, I had an aunt that was TS and she was a wonderful person." Before I could go any further, she stopped me.

"What makes you so sure that I am transsexual?" She demanded hotly.

"Teresa, no matter what you want to believe, you have tell tale signs of maleness about you. If anyone wanted to, they could out you at any time. But most people are willing to let sleeping dogs lie. I am not saying this out of spite or to out you. I want to be your friend and help you. Besides, I still have the memory of my aunt with me and she was still a nice person regardless what society felt about her."

I could tell that I had taken the wind out of her sail. I knew she would not deny it now but if I was correct, her life of hiding how she was, was still in full effect.

"So, I’m transsexual. Are you going to raise a stink about it? Just like everyone else who has found out about it. Maybe get your boyfriend to beat up the freaky faggot?" Defense mode in full swing now. Time to calm it down.

"No, Teresa. I am not going to do anything like that. I want to be your friend and also help you. I am studying psychiatry and hope to become a gender dysphoria specialist. I am not going to make you my class project or anything of the sort. But I would like to share my story a bit more so that you can see where I am coming from. If possible, try not to interrupt me because this will take a while to tell you. Can you promise me that?"

"I am not sure. I’ll try though. You have me curious now." She replied.

"Now, what I am about to tell you is the honest to God's truth. No one will believe you if you tell them. You remember the aunt I was telling you about? Well, she is actually me. I..."

"What! That is not possible. Even I know..."

"I said no interrupting. Please? I will explain it all to you and let you be the judge of whether or not I am pulling your leg."

Over the course of the next hour and a half, I told her my life's story. I could tell that she was really hesitant to believe me but she knew that things were ringing true when I told her about the years of fear hiding my true feelings as well as finally coming to the point of having surgery or dying. She did not believe how I came to be Ashley's twin nor did she believe that it was possible to transform someone like that. To her, it sounded too much like magic or real bad science fiction. Of course, she had read the usual stuff that sci-fi has to offer in gender transformations. Like me, she had found that the book Identity Matrix by Jack Chalker one of the best gender transformation stories ever.

"Now Teresa, since I have told you my story, I have to ask that you believe it. What I want to do is an experiment with my sister and you, to see if my theory is right about her oil. You cannot tell anyone about this if it works because we will not be ready to go public with this. Her doctors from years ago felt that my change was a fluke and nothing more, but I am certain that it is more than they wanted it to be."

"What sort of experiment do you want to try?" Good, she was curious enough to try it.

"What I want to do is have you describe to me the type of girl that you would most want to be and let me talk to Ashley. If things work out well, we could have you on your way to being that girl."

"Wow, it is so weird thinking that you were once a guy. You just can't see it at all. You are so natural in your actions, that nobody would guess you were ever a guy. Wow!" She seemed to be enamored with me after coming to the conclusion that I was who I said I was. "Oh, I'm sorry, this is just so exciting. If this is real, I can finally be who I was meant to be."

We sat there for another hour talking about the type of girl that she had always dreamed of being. By the time we were through, I had a good enough idea what she wanted to draw the girl, if I had that particular talent. Which I didn't. I would have to go by the notes that I took down. I am sure Ashley could do what I knew she could, if she put her mind to it. I went back to our dorm room with high hopes.

Ashley was back from her class and was getting ready for bed. I told her about my visit with Teresa and left her the notes to study. I was hoping it would not take her long to get things ready with herself.

It was several days before Ashley felt confident enough to try the oil. We made plans with Theresa to try it out over the weekend of Labor Day. I could tell that her excitement was too high. I had to bring her down to earth a bit.

"Teresa, I must warn you, that this might not come out as we want it to. Ashley is still uncertain about it since she has only had one change to her credit. The oil might not work anymore for anyone and it was just all our imagination that my transformation ever happened. I don't know, maybe that whole life may have been a dream or mass hallucination. We won't know until we try."

That seemed to squelch her mood but I could tell she still had her hopes up but not as high as they were. She was ready. Now, the question was, was Ashley?

Saturday morning before Labor Day rose bright and sunny. A perfect day for experimenting. Ashley and Teresa had been able to get to know each other better for the last few days and Ashley felt confident enough to try it. We met in Teresa's room at 10:00 as planned and the preparations began. Ashley had to sit and concentrate for a few minutes before she was able to work up the oil. Her practice for the preparations had taught her how to extrude it from one of her hands only, instead of her whole body. Once she was ready, she signaled me.

"Teresa, Ashley is ready now. But I have to test something first. If it right, I won't feel anything by touching the oil. But, that will not mean anything other than it will not work with me. If I feel a burning from it, that’ll mean that my calculations were wrong and I will also be turning into the girl you want to. I will have to touch the oil first but it won't contaminate it."

I steeled myself and when Ashley held her hand out, I touched my fingers to it hesitatingly. I felt the oil but nothing more. "Nothing at all. Now the moment of truth. Take Ashley's hand in yours."

Teresa nearly grabbed Ashley's hand off her arm, she was so excited. No sooner than she folded her hand around Ashley's, then she twitched. "It burned me!" She exclaimed. "Do I have to let go now? Or do I need to hold on for a while?"

I could only shrug my shoulders. I had no idea how long the contact would need to make the transfer of mutagen to Teresa. "I guess you can let go now. If it doesn't start working in a week or so, we will try it again. You have to remember, we have never done this on purpose before so we really are groping in the dark. We'll know soon if it is going to work. I had Ashley set her mind so that it would take a year for it to run its full course of action. But I asked her to do one thing as a sign that it was working. That would be the forehead occipital ridge of bone that only males have, would go down in size to a normal female's forehead. That should take a week."

Before I knew it, I was wrapped up in Teresa's long arms in a tight hug. It was so unexpected that I had no time to react but once I knew I was not being attacked, I returned the hug. Once we separated, she reached over and gave Ashley a hug too. This one lasted longer than mine did. I didn't care though. Once she was through giving us the hugs, she pulled back and wiped her eyes. She was crying tears of joy.

Chapter 12 - New girl in the dorm

The following week, we were kept posted by Teresa every day. At first, she seemed a bit sullen that it would take a year for her to change completely. On the seventh day of her exposure to the oil, Ashley and I were awakened by a loud pounding on our door. I got up groggily and answered it. It was Teresa. I had to stand out of the way as she barged into the room. I could tell by the way she was flittering about that something was up.

I took a close look at her forehead and noticed how smooth it was. Her grin was infectious to me and I picked it up. It seemed that the oil worked. Nothing had to be said between us. A big hug was exchanged. I went to get Ashley up to show her the proud owner of a soon to be female body.

Another round of hugs was in order and it was so hard to get Teresa to settle down. She wanted to go spread the word around the TS community about the girl who does miracles. We spent a lot of time talking to her about the logistics of that idea. If anything, we impressed upon her that silence was a virtue and that later she would be able to get everything out in the open but this was not the time to do it.

One thing about it though, was that she was studying business management and swore that when we went into full business for ourselves she wanted to be in on the ground work and run the business side of it. Ashley and I agreed upon that and we welcomed her into our growing family.

The first year of school was nothing to write home about. As a matter of fact, I had little time to write or call home. Ashley was also given little time to do much but she still found plenty of time to go out on dates. She was popular with the guys and I became known as the 'no' girl. Guys didn't ask me out much but that didn't mean that much to me. I was content to bury myself in my studies.

I still found plenty of time to get with Teresa and study the changes that were being invoked in her. As the work to change her gender continued its merry way, it seemed like every day there was another milestone. First after her forehead was the excess hair situation. She marveled how smooth her skin was after all her male hair had fallen out. Then the actual skin transformation happened. The sensitivity of her skin went up sky high and she loved it. The muscles in her body streamlined even more than the hormones had caused her to have. Then the skeleton started changing on her. That is where she started having problems.

When I had changed, it seemed that my skeleton had started changing immediately and my bone mass had started dissolving itself to reduce the mass into what could only be a female skeletal structure. I had been vomiting and getting diarrhea so badly that I was physically sick from it. The human body wasn’t meant to change like that.

But Teresa was not really in any danger, she was just feeling like she was. She had been having weekly bouts of vomiting and diarrhea that were nothing like she had ever had before. In order to get her calmed down and keep her from going to the school medical center, I had to tell her parts that I left out of my story. That included the reasons why I wanted the change to take so long. I was not a medical professional and we did not have one working with us. I told her about nearly dying because of the changes that happened so quickly. In the end, she admitted that it was a bother to have those uncomfortable things happening. I had to giggle at that and asked her if she was ready for periods and how uncomfortable they were, not to mention how messy and smelly they were. She was real quiet for a while thinking.

"You know Jen, this whole process has been put into a different light for me. I had known that after I had had my surgery, that I would never have a period. I've had diarrhea before that was much worse than this but I guess it was not as bad as what you went through. But what am I going to tell my real doctor when I have to go see her next month? It’s time for my annual check up and I am not sure that she will recognize me. This is a bit more complicated than she would be willing to believe." She did look worried but I had seen her like that before.

"If you would like, I will go with you to explain things and see if she would be willing to participate in the experiment and monitor your well being. What could it hurt?" I told her.

"I think it would hurt her. She is a post-op transsexual herself, which is why I chose her to go to in the first place. My friends told me about her and felt she would be the best person to go to. She’ll want to study this even more and possibly write a paper about this phenomenon."

"Hmm, I'm not sure about that. This 'phenomenon' belongs to my sister and no one else. If there are any papers to write, they would have to come from her. Maybe we could make some sort of deal with her over this issue. I think Ashley would have to be in on this too, since she is the one who will put the kibosh on any future deals. It would be her life that is ruined if this gets out. We had both been abducted years ago because of the sort of greed that runs in the medical circles." It bothered me to mention it because of the fear it put in me back then.

"Oh, geez, I am so sorry Jennifer. I didn't know about that. Can I call Jamie and see if she would let me bring in a couple of observers to my appointment? I could tell her you are classmates that are studying gender issues, which wouldn't be too far off in your case."

"I guess so, but don't expect miracles from Ashley. I am not sure she would be able to get away from her classes but I will check with her."

Teresa went over to her phone, picked it up and started dialing a number. While she was standing there, I was taking in the picture that I was getting with her body. It had been six months since she was given the 'oil treatment' and her body was looking noticeably more feminine as time slipped by. Gone were her male features from the face. Her neck had slimmed down to feminine gracefulness. Her arms and legs were also gracefully female. Her once broad shoulders were no longer as broad but still larger than a normal females would be. The rib cage was still in the process of trimming itself down. Mostly, her male form was nearly gone but there were some exceptions that still were showing. That was her thick male waist and narrow male hips. Her body still had a long way to go yet but she would get there eventually. As I looked at her, she finished her phone call.

After she had hung up, she walked back over to where I was sitting and sat down beside me. "Jamie says that it wouldn't be a problem if one or two observers joined me but that they would have to keep anything they saw or heard under the utmost of confidence. The request isn’t normal, she said, but I told her that the situation was not normal. You know what else she told me? You will laugh over this one: she told me that my voice training was working out better than she had hoped for me. She said my voice was perfectly pitched for the female range and that if I had not identified myself, she would have never known who I was." She was laughing as she said this. I joined her because her voice had changed very early on in her transformation. She had a beautiful voice and I loved listening to it when she talked.

Chapter 13 - A new meeting and a new meaning of love

After I had finished talking with Teresa, I went back to my room to relax a bit. I also wanted to wait for Ashley to return.

I was also looking at the calendar at the date Teresa told me that her appointment was. Now that I was able to see the actual date, I realized that she had timed her appointment to coincide with the spring break. Both Ashley and I would be able to be there. I also wanted to discuss with Ashley about possibly giving Jamie a hands on experience with the oil. Maybe if she could see things first hand, she would be willing to help us out medically in the future. The month passed by with the slowness of cold molasses in January but it came. As we were preparing for a glorious week away from the books, Teresa came into our room and did a little twirl in the middle of the room. I had gotten used to seeing changes in her and this time, I was hard pressed to figure out what had changed. I looked closely and couldn’t see anything out of the ordinary.

I must have had a puzzled look on my face because she started giggling at me. I blushed furiously at it. Then it slowly started dawning on me that her rib cage had stopped shrinking and her waist had started. Something else had started growing too: her hips. Her breasts had been small when she had met me and they had been growing steadily ever since the changes started. She was at least up to a 36C now which was certainly better than a 40A. Her waist looked to be about 26 inches now and her hips had gone from a manly 30 inches to a prominent woman's 37 inches. Our little girl was growing up! Or down, however you wanted to term it. She had also lost a few inches in height from her 6'2" down to 5'10", where she had said was her ideal height. Her hair had gone from a dirty blonde color to a strikingly attractive dark sable color. Once I was done inspecting her, I squealed in delight and ran over and hugged her tightly.

Ashley was pleased with the changes that have been coming in Teresa. I think that she was also pleased with her creative ability. She was also looking forward to going to the doctor's office with Teresa and I on Monday. In the mean time, we had an outing to go on to a mall. The three of us together had not had any real fun times since right before Christmas and that was only short lived.

Our little trip to the mall was so much fun. I got a kick out of watching Teresa strutting around flaunting her body. She had never really had the opportunity to do anything like that before and it showed. Teresa was also supposed to meet up with her sister later in the day and spend some time together with us. I was curious as to how her sister was going to take the changes to her.

By 3:00, we were starting to wear down. It was about time to go meet up with Sherri. Teresa and Sherri had made plans to meet in the food court so we went there directly.

As we entered, Teresa stopped ever so briefly. It caught Ashley and I by surprise and we both turned around to see the look of fear on Teresa's face. I knew she was halfway afraid to let her sister see her like this, but we managed to help her shake it off.

Ashley and I followed slightly behind Theresa as she approached her sister. At first, when Sherri noticed Teresa, she had the look of 'why is this stranger approaching me?' on her face.

Teresa got her attention by saying, "Hi Sherri. It's me."

I think you could have mopped the floor with Sherri's chin once it seeped into her brain who was talking. She looked up and down the length of Teresa's body in an incredulous fashion.

Finally, she was able to say something, "Steven, is that you? Wow, you look incredible!"

I could tell that Teresa hated that name because she turned bright red before saying, "Yes, it is me, but my name is now Teresa. Please use it?"

"Wow, no wonder you wanted to have the sex change. It has done wonders for you. Have you had the final step yet?"

"No, I won't be ready for that for a while yet." Teresa replied.

"Please won't you sit down? I can't have you standing there all day. Besides, I have to meet your two friends. Are you two identical twins?" She asked us.

Using my mental contact with Ashley, I told her that we should play with Sherri a bit. Then I spoke out loud, "No, we're not. We just look alike. She’s my niece and I’m her aunt." Now THAT caused her mouth to drop open and hit the floor again. "I am actually twenty six years older than her. We just have great genetics in our family."

Teresa finally burst out laughing. She knew the whole story behind us and I had told someone the truth and she thought it was a lie. I could not help myself, I burst out laughing and was soon joined by Ashley. Poor Sherri was lost.

Finally, Teresa was able to control herself and she introduced us, "Sherri, I would like you to meet my very dear friends Ashley and Jennifer Martin. We apologize for laughing at you but Jennifer is quite a clown. They are both used to being asked if they were identical twins and I could see on her face that she was planning the niece/aunt joke again." I knew where the joke lay but I left it there with a knowing smile on my face. I could laugh at the world and no one would get the joke.

Since she really did not know what the joke was, she just shook her head and muttered to herself about teenagers. I giggled again at that. It was time to remedy the missed joke.

I reached out my hand and said, "Hi Sherri, I'm Jennifer. As your sister said, I am the clown of the group. I try to look at life on the lighter side and hope people can laugh with me instead of having someone laugh at them. I am sorry that I laughed at you but I could not resist. It is the side of me my sister hates to deal with. Next time, I’ll make sure you are privy to the inside joke before I pull it on someone else."

Sherri looked at my hand for a moment before taking it lightly in hers and looking at me suddenly with a twinkle in her eye. "I am pleased to meet you. So, how long have you and my brother been seeing each other? Are we going to get a wedding invitation soon?"

You want to talk about surprised? I think my chin fell THROUGH the floor! I had never been at a loss for words before and this girl just out done me! Then suddenly, I was the one being laughed at and I was turning beet red. I was standing there sputtering as if I was drowning.

After a couple of minutes, Sherri finally got hold of herself and stopped laughing. The imp was still smiling when she told me, "Jennifer, you should have seen the look on your face. I know for a fact that my brother wouldn’t look at a girl twice except to see what style of clothes she was wearing and if her hair was something that he wanted to try out. Just to see the look on your face was priceless. Can we call it even? Or shall we spar some more?"

I could not help but look over at Teresa. I could see she was getting a kick out of this whole exchange. Then it dawned on me about something she had said earlier in the day: 'Jennifer, you’ll get along great with my sister. You two are so alike, it’s scary.' Now I knew what she meant by that. Her sister was as much of a clown as I was.

I sat down next to her and gave her a hug. "Sherri, I’d like it if we called it even. I’m not even sure who would get the best of who, and I really doubt that we would have much fun after a while. Let’s call it quits and work on someone else together. More than anything else, I’d like to be able to call you my friend."

She returned the hug and said, "Then it's a deal. We’ll be friends and every one else will have to be on the punishment list and we’ll get them back at the earliest moment possible." With that, our friendship was off and running.

Sherri was asking all sorts of questions of Teresa about her transition and if it was really what she wanted to do. Theresa was very careful about what she said; knowing that Sherri wouldn’t really believe it, since it was still hard to believe from her point of view.

Sherri one time said, "You know, little brother, there’s really something about you that’s genuine. Its not made up or falsely created by surgery. I’m not certain what it is. I’ve been doing some research on transsexualism and from what I have seen, no one can look as good as you do without having some very extensive surgery. I can detect no scarring on your face that would indicate that you have had plastic surgery. The last time I saw you, you had been going through electrolysis and your face was all puffy and scabbed over from it. But now, your skin is as smooth as a baby's bottom with no sign of scarring. If you don't want to tell me, I will understand but I have to ask this question: Who does your facial work? They’re absolutely incredible."

Teresa had been glowing with the praise her sister was levying on her and was blushing crisply. "Sherri, I really can’t tell you that right now. But let me say, these two have been the biggest supporters I could ever hope to meet. I’ve never had a friend that’s as close as these two are. What one of them doesn’t think of, the other one does. You should see them debate sometime. They’ll hear something that each of them have an opinion on and they’ll get a couple of words out and then go silent. Finally one of them’ll consent and the debate is over. The strange thing is, I think they’re telepathic the way they carry on without words. I’ve never seen such a gracefully flowing pair of people. I don't know, these two are strange yet they’re a pure joy to be around. I find myself blessed by their presence and I’d find myself lacking if I’d never met up with them at all. I hope I didn't sound too rambling to you. Sorry you two, I didn't mean to babble like that. Sherri and I have always had a good relationship that is only second to yours. I felt that I had to share you with her. Please forgive me?"

I was talking to Ashley mentally here. 'Ashley, pull a Jennifer on her.'

She replied, 'Ok, shall I make it rough on her?'

'No, take it to the rough point but not all the way. We don't want her crying and running away on us. It might break up a beautiful friendship and that is something I am not willing to do.'

Ashley tried to look perturbed at Teresa. "I am not sure that I can condone you disclosing our secrets like you just did. Telepathy? Indeed! You want to know how we communicate together without words? We share the same brain but have two bodies. You just don't see the masses of flesh running between our heads. That’s why you’ll not hear one of us talking while the other one is. And for another thing........." Ashley hesitated dramatically. "If you could just see the looks on you guy's faces, you would just die! Gotcha!" And she burst out laughing as well as I did. The two sisters looked at each other and just rolled their eyes. Then they started laughing too.

The four of us enjoyed the rest of the day together and we managed to find ourselves happily shopped out. We took in a late dinner and Teresa invited Sherri to spend the night at her dorm room. Ashley and I had a stowaway air mattress that we had used several times whenever our mom came to visit. She was not too excited about sleeping on it but she put up with it.

Sherri was expecting to go home the next day so letting her borrow it instead of making her go to a motel was the right thing to do. All of us spent too much time talking that night and it wound up being an all girl sleep over in Teresa's room. I wound up sharing the bed with Sherri and Ashley slept with Teresa.

I woke up finding myself with an arm wrapped around me from behind and a hand holding my left breast. I was comfortable and felt secure there. It had been so many years since I had been held by anyone that I nearly jumped out of my skin when I discovered the arm over me. As I lay there, trying to make up my mind whether I wanted to get up and relieve myself or just enjoy the moment of another human's contact with my body. I chose to lay there and savor the feeling.

After everyone woke up, I kept glancing at Sherri through hooded lids. I could not forget the feeling of her hand on my breast and for some reason, I wanted more. I wanted to go up to her and lay a huge kiss on her lips. I was daydreaming doing that exactly when I was broken out of my reverie by the feel of a hand on my neck and shoulder. As I looked up, I noticed that it was Sherri standing above me. I blushed and downcast my eyes away from her. All of a sudden, I was acting like a lovesick school girl!

Teresa and Ashley were no longer in Teresa's room. It was just me and Sherri. She reached her hand under my chin and gently lifted my head up until I was looking her in the eyes. I tried to shyly look away but found myself unable to tear myself away from those beautiful aquamarine eyes. She lowered her head to my level and I followed her lips until they pressed themselves to mine. I immediately locked myself onto her lips and refused to let go. The minutes seemed to stretch into hours and we were still locked in the kiss. What seemed like a lifetime of the KISS of my life, we parted. I felt utterly drained of feeling and I felt as if something had fled my mind. For the life of me, I couldn’t figure it out in those moments.

I made no move that was not matched by Sherri's movements. I reached for her cheek with my hand at the same time she touched mine. Instinctively, I leaned into the touch and savored it more. I could feel her doing the exact same thing. I wrapped an arm around her waist as she wrapped her arm around mine. I pulled her closer to me as she pulled me closer to her. We were suddenly kissing again as if we needed each other for the next breath or we would die. I felt myself being guided to a different part of the room and I went with it, not caring where I was being taken. My feet touched the air mattress that Sherri and I had shared during the night and I felt myself being eased back onto it.

Sherri proceeded to lean me back until I was prone and she was kneeling above me, still locked in our kiss. She gently started kneading my breasts, one at a time. I could not help myself as I started the exact same thing to her. Her hands were playing my body like a finely tuned instrument. Every nerve in my body was alive and singing at her touch. I could only imagine what she was feeling and I was sure I would be wrong.

Somehow, she managed to work my sleep shirt off and was fondling my breasts as well as starting to work her way down my body with her lips. I was in such heaven that I didn’t question what she was doing to me. She smothered my body with light breathy kisses and delicate tongue whips. Her hand found its way to between my legs and started a new version of brail on me. She would blindly run her fingers over the bumps that were strategically placed there. If my body had been singing before, it was now turning into the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! Oh God! How could I have ever missed out on this before! I was technically still a virgin but I had had sex before and it was just that: sex. No love was attached to it even when I was married. It was a duty to perform that became a tiresome chore. What I was feeling was incredibly powerful lovemaking. We explored each other's bodies with our fingers, tongues and whatever else we could find to help increase the pleasure we were feeling. When I reached my first orgasm, I wondered why I had been such a prude and ignored the pleasures of the body by not sharing it with someone so special. We shared each orgasm lovingly with the other, until we were too exhausted to do anything else. Sated, we just lay on our side and basked in the glow each of us felt. I looked into her eyes and found: LOVE! I could feel the same bursting the seams of my heart, trying to get out.

Where had love been in my life? It was out looking for me. I had to go through some very strange things before it finally found me and now that it had, I would not let it go, EVER! My old post-op body was about as sexless as you could imagine. My former male body found nothing, while my younger, totally female body was starved for another's touch, caress, and loving. I welcomed it with open arms. I had found my soul mate. The absolute truth of Teresa's words came to my mind: We were so much alike that it was scary. We had so many things in common that a relationship was inevitable. I found myself deeply in love with her and did not want her to leave and go home.

As I was thinking those thoughts, she was doing the exact same thing. We both had the same patterns roaming our faces and one could almost tell that the other was about to speak.

"Sherri..." I started as she,

Said, "Jennifer..."

We both laughed a short laugh. I told her, "You go ahead. I can wait for a moment."

"Jennifer, when Teresa told me so many months ago that she had met someone that would be perfect for me, I thought she was talking about some guy that would be so into himself and have nothing left for me. She also knew I was lesbian and would not insult me like that. But she told me that she met the perfect guy, that wasn't a guy, for me and that I would have to meet him in person. She told me a little bit about you and your back ground and I had to admit I was intrigued. Sweetheart, please don't be angry with Teresa that she told me. She is more sensitive to people than most everyone gives her credit for. She could tell that you were hiding something deep inside of you that was causing you to throw yourself into schoolwork. She feared for your sanity more than anything else. She could see how you looked at Ashley whenever she went out on a date and how happy she was doing so. You had turned down every guy that asked you out on a date. She was observant enough to see you looking at girls when you were not supposed to be. You looked embarrassed to be looking at the girls but you could not stop. She knew you were a lesbian and you didn’t know it. That’s why she set us up like she did. She loves you and your niece to death and not for what you two are doing for her. She sees the love that is between you two and knows that it is not of siblings but of a different relationship. Between you and I, there are no secrets. I will gladly lay my life out for your inspection, since I know yours fairly well. Even though you used to be a man, you still make a wonderful woman. Your niece's body only makes it that much more easier to love. If you will have me, I am yours." She kissed me again with an intensity that would have shattered the world, had she kissed it. "Now, what was it you were going to say?"

"Oh Sherri, you wonderful thing. I was going to tell you that I had one been a man even though I hated it. I was going to tell you about becoming my niece's twin when an accident made me that way. I was going to tell you that I didn't want you to leave and go home without me. I was going to tell you that I loved you and wanted to be yours forever. I had always thought that being a lesbian was mostly about the sex but you have taught me differently. It is not about sex. It is about love. Love of your partner and love of your body. One cannot have one without the other. But if you will have me, I want to be yours. If I have to quit school to do so, I will. I could be happy forever in your arms, if you will let me be there. All you have to do is say the word."

"Sweet little Jennifer. How happy I am to just say the word. Or words. Stay with me and your previous lack of love will be abetted and you will never lack of it again. We may never be able to legally marry, but we can be partners in anything we do. If you want children, we can have them together. If you want a life outside of the partnership, then you can have it. I’ll put no collars or leashes to bind you. Freedom is yours to command as you see fit. If you wish to one day have no part of me, then I will sadly go out of your life. But I sincerely hope that that never happens. I would rather cut my heart out and die on the spot to ever part with you. You are the part of my soul I have been searching for forever. We belong together, you and I."

Words would no longer come to me. I was laden with tears as my futile male past life finally ended after suffering behind a mask for too many years. My life after surgery had been a sham, a false front. I tried to cover my lacking with laughter and happiness but those, too, were lies. I cried until my tears were run dry.

She held me tightly on the bed we had shared during the night and later shared each other on in the day.

I eventually fell asleep again in the comfortable arms of the one I newly loved. I awoke later to find Ashley and Teresa sitting on the bed smiling at me. I turned over to find that Sherri had left while I had slept. My happiness fled me. I cried for the loss. I cried for the absence. I cried for the emptiness in my arms. I cried because I missed her with all my heart. I cried because she left without saying goodbye. I felt hollow.

Chapter 14 - Undisputable medical proof

Even though Sherri did write me a letter explaining that she had to leave and get back to her home, she did not want to disturb me while I had slept. It had hurt her deeply to leave me like that but she had had no choice in doing so. She considered us an item and she would be returning as soon as she was able. I felt somewhat better but I was still sad. How could meeting someone lead to such feelings when you barely know the person?

I have never moped about a house like I did that day. It was like the sun had been taken from my day, the moon from my night. I felt that I would never be in the light again. I had little energy for anything at all. I had always loved working on my computer and I found no pleasure in working on anything. Since I was on a break in school, I didn't have to do anything anyway.

I don't remember that much about that day. It passed by without me noticing much about it. Teresa and Ashley tried to take me out and get something to eat and rent some movies. Nothing about the meal was memorable and the movies were flat. I went to bed early that night.

The next morning, I was up early, knowing that Ashley and I were supposed to go with Teresa to her appointment with her doctor. I knew this would be an all important meeting for us, since hopefully, we would be able to get a doctor to sponsor us in our endeavors.

Since the appointment was for 10:00, I felt that I needed the extra time to be able to make an impression on the doctor. I took extra care in choosing my clothes, making sure that I did not choose something slutty or overly sexy. I had to look professional and yet at the same time, look my age. Makeup was all important and could not be overdone. I wanted to make myself up for Sherri but I knew that it would be too much. I breathed a sigh. I missed Sherri.

While I was getting ready, Teresa knocked on our door and came in. Ashley wasn’t in any sort of a hurry and kind of dawdled around. I could tell that she was finding my predicament funny. I had teased her unmercifully whenever she had felt she was 'in love'. I had known it was a passing fancy with her since she was very fickle with the guys she went out with. Nobody had really caught her attention as a potential life mate but she was always willing to play the field.

Finally, it was time to go to the doctor's office. The ride over was quiet as each of us were absorbed in our own thoughts. Once we entered the office, the receptionist was a bit taken aback by the three of us. Ashley and I sat in the lobby chairs and waited while Teresa went and signed in. I knew there might be a hassle since Teresa did not look like herself, or rather she did not look like her old self. It had after all been seven months since she really started her transformation and she looked mostly female. As suspected, the receptionist did not recognize her.

When Teresa tried to sign the register, she got on the phone and called back to the doctor. It was a few minutes before the doctor was able to come out. She had a perturbed look on her face. She obviously didn’t like being called out like that. Knowing how some transsexuals looked, and also knowing she was one, I never would have been able to tell. She passed well and sounded better than I did at my past best.

"Young lady, what do you mean by barging into this office, claiming that you’re one of my patients? I, for one, have no idea who you are, since I have never seen you before. Not to mention trying to pass yourself off as one of my favorite patients. You, MISS, are not her. Please leave before I call for security." She turned to go in back of the reception desk.

"Dr. Clayton, I may not look like I used to but if you will give me a chance to prove who I am, I will answer your questions fully. But you have to give me the chance. These two people I came in with are my witnesses that I am who I say I am. I have an appointment with you for 10:00, so please let me keep it. You will not be disappointed. Besides, don't you recognize my voice? Especially after my call last month when you told me that I had obviously been practicing my voice lessons and that they had paid off well. Now you can see how well I have been doing."

The doctor stopped where she was. I could tell from where I was at, that she was torn. She really didn't know what to do. Finally, it looked like she had made up her mind. "Heather, will you take her and her friends back to my office and have them sit until I am able to meet with them. I have one patient ahead of Teresa and if Teresa gets here on time, show her back. Otherwise I will see these three. I expect that they'll wind up leaving with egg on their faces when my real patient gets here." She turned and went back into the exam room area.

The three of us were guided back to an office that was more a conference room and we made ourselves as comfortable. We knew it would not be a long wait since Teresa was already here and they would not believe it until it was proven. At about 10:10, the doctor came into the room with a security guard on her heel. She was obviously not going to take any chance in the three of us possibly harming her for any reason.

"Now, since my 10:00 appointment has failed to show like she was supposed to, I will give you five minutes to prove to me who you claim you are. Starting right now." She had a look of grim determination on her face.

Teresa got down to the business of proving her identity to the doctor. The first thing she did was pull out her drivers license. "Dr. Clayton, the last time I saw you, you suggested that I go and get my license changed to reflect my transition. I did not get a chance to do that until November. I have here the letter you gave me so that I could have that done. I also have the letter you gave me for my legal name change. Your name is Jamie but you don't want anyone to know your old name. You were born September 25, 1959. You had your surgery on May 26, 1982 in Trinidad, Colorado by Dr. Stanley Biber. I know you think I am just pulling information out that I can find on any organizational chart but I have other proof that is a bit more compelling. Ashley, will you hand me the packet of pictures?" Ashley and I had been making a photo history of the changes Teresa had been going through since day one. We made sure that our camera was one of the best digitals available that had a time delay shutter so that we could all get in the picture. Teresa handed them all over to the doctor.

The doctor started looking through the stack of pictures. There was more than fifty of them there, some were taken twice in a week others only one a week. When she was about halfway through the stack, she turned to the security man and dismissed him. I could see awe written all over her face.

"Teresa, it really is you. The pictures don’t lie. I can see the dates on each one and the time stamp as well. What I would like to know is why you felt that it was necessary to go have that sort of plastic surgery done and also how you found the money to do it." The doctor was still looking through the pictures as she spoke. "Whoever did the work should be commended. I don't see the smallest scar or incision as well as any swelling. As far as I can tell, it looks like you haven't had any surgery at all."

"Dr. Clayton, I haven’t had any surgery whatsoever. These changes come from a new process that allows the hormones to work with even greater effect. From what I have been told, the changes will eventually be complete and I will never have to have surgery when I am done."

"Now, just wait a minute here. There is no process known that will make these extensive changes without surgery. If there were, I would have heard about it a long time ago."

I guessed that it was my turn to speak up. "Dr. Clayton, Teresa is right. There is a process that will make these changes to a person. I for one am an example of this process. In reality, I am the first person to actually undergo the process. I did it eight years ago and it almost killed me then. That was because it went too quickly through my body. It has been further refined to make the effects easier on the body. I would even be willing to bet that you wouldn't even be able to guess my real age. I will even give you a clue, too. I don't look near my real age."

She looked at me with an eye that bordered on a glare. She sized me up and down and gave her best guess. "If you say you’re not the age you look, then I would have to say that you are no more than 21. But that could be the makeup you’re wearing, which makes young women such as yourself look older than they are."

"If that is your best guess, you would be wrong by more than twice that age. I am in actuality forty-four. I had SRS nine years ago when I was thirty-five. My contact with the process came two years later..." I was interrupted before I could continue on.

"If you say you are forty-four, I've caught you in a bold face lie. You’re not more than nineteen years old. Besides, who are you?"

"My current name is Jennifer Martin but I was not always called this. After my contact with the process, I was forced to let my old identity die because there was no way I could continue with that life. No one would believe me anyway. So I died and here I am as Jennifer. I don't even look like I used to. If you want some proof, here is my obituary from the local paper in the city I lived in." I handed her the obit. She read it through. It had a picture of Ashley and my old self in it. She looked up from it to look at Ashley and then myself before looking back down at it.

"I can see the resemblance to the two of you to the young girl in this picture. But reading the names of the survivors, it lists the name of Ashley Martin as her favorite niece but there is no mention of anyone by the name of Jennifer. What sort of game are you playing here?" she demanded.

"What you see there in the picture is one that was taken of Ashley and I six months before I supposedly died. Ashley was about ten and a half when it was taken. Six months later, I was officially dead and my sister had a new daughter that had been stolen from her after she gave birth to twins and one was pronounced dead and turned up missing. I became that daughter to my sister right after the death of my Aunt Jerrie. The process that changed me caused me to lose years in my age until I was eleven years old again, and a twin to my niece Ashley. She is the one that is sitting on the other side of Teresa. As impossible as it sounds, this whole story is true. If you would like confirmation about my past, you can call our doctor back home. He is the one who helped me become the person I am today. Here is his number. Please call him. He will know who you are talking about." I handed her the card I had written Dr. Fishburn's number on. "If he doesn't want to talk to you about my past, tell him Jennifer says that it is ok. If he is still unwilling, put me on the phone and I will clear him."

She took the number and reached for the phone. Dialing it took no time but it took several minutes before being put in touch with Dr. Fishburn himself. I heard her talking to him, introducing herself and explaining why she had called. I heard her say, "Jennifer says it is ok to talk to me. No, she is in my office right now as we speak. Yes. Ok, here she is." She handed me the receiver.

"Hello, Dr. Fishburn." I listened to him talk for a minute. "I know that it isn't violating doctor/patient confidentiality to release my information but what I need is to release Jerrie's information. Yes, the closed file. Don’t tell her about the process and what causes the change. I'll do that myself. Thank you. Yes, I'll be fine. Here she is again."

Dr. Clayton talked to Dr. Fishburn for several more minutes before hanging up and leaving the room. She came back in about twenty minutes later with a stack of paper that she was reading. I knew what had happened then. Dr. F had sent her my papers over the email and she had printed them off. She read them completely before saying another word.

"It appears that I owe you an apology, Jennifer. I really don't know what to believe now. Teresa has changed so drastically in the last several months that she was unrecognizable to me. How long will her changes take before they are complete?"

"It'll take her a year before she is finished. She started changing over Labor Day weekend. She will be finished at the same time this year."

"How in the world were you able to come up with this process? I have never heard of anything like this ever happening before."

"The process was started by accident eight years ago when a little girl was doused with some very hazardous chemicals. That little girl was the catalyst for the change in me. But because of an abduction to find out what caused me to grow younger, both of us basically had to go into a figurative hiding. It wasn't until now that we both felt comfortable enough to try again." I turned to Ashley. "Ashley, plan one/twenty-five base six." I gave her the code word we had worked out for the doctor. Simply put, Dr. Clayton would keep her genetic base except that the body would be female, age twenty-five and it would occur over the period of six months instead of 12 months. She closed her eyes in concentration.

After a few minutes, she reopened her eyes and I caught a slight nod from her. I turned back to the doctor. "Dr. Clayton, I know you won't believe me without a full demonstration. You’ll be the demonstration. You’ll not be harmed but you will be changed. You'll be the third person to go through the process. You'll not look any different but you will lose the full male looks about yourself. But I'll only give you one chance at it. That chance is now. Do you take the risk and accept or we will stop the process immediately. What do you say? Or, what do you have to lose except your male chromosomes."

She looked incredulous. "You mean that the process comes from your sister, I mean, your niece? What is she, some sort of freak?"

I squinted my eyes and made my face as angry as I could possibly make it. "If you ever call her a freak again, I will make your life hell. I am pretty sure we can make the process go two ways without any problems. Do we have an understanding? Besides, who is considered the freak around here? Someone who had their body altered by surgery into a mock female body or one who was created by accident or even one who has no choice in the matter but wants to help out people who have little chance to be who they should be? You tell me." I kept my voice level but with a harsh bite to it. Nobody calls my niece a freak and gets away with it.

"We have a perfectly clear understanding. Ashley, I apologize for my words. Can you really do what your sister says?" Ashley nodded her head once. She had not said a word the whole time we were there. I could tell she was a bit scared because of the abduction from years ago. "Ok, I accept. What do I have to do?"

I put a bitter smile on my face. "Simple, all you have to do is shake her hand. Ashley, are you ready?" Another silent but quick nod. "Doctor, shake her hand and I’ll tell you what you’re getting yourself in to."

The doctor hesitatingly reached for Ashley's hand. After a second, the doctor yelped. "Ow, that burns!" And she tried to pull her hand away from Ashley's but was unable to do so that quickly. A couple of minutes more and Ashley released her hand. There was no sign of the oil on either person's hand and the doctor was looking at her hand to assess the damage. There was none evident on it. She looked at me with puzzlement in her eyes.

Several long minutes of silence was finally broken. "That is all there is to it? Some process! I thought that there was some sort of voodoo ritual you had to go through. What a crock!"

"Don't be too sure of that doctor. We hold the cards here, not you. Let me explain to you in terms that are easy for us all to follow. The process of change is only available to someone who is male, (as far as we know right now) has started hormone replacement therapy or has a certain level of female hormones in their body. It takes the combination of male chromosomes and female hormones to make the process work. The controller is Ashley. She is the catalyst for the change. She won’t do it if she feels threatened or scared. Anything that comes out of this that is adverse, will be on your head. Now, I told you that I would explain what it was that I told Ashley. First off, it was a code that told her that I wanted you to remain looking like yourself but female, you are to regress in age until you are a standard twenty-five years old. You will change over a period of six months, at which time you will achieve your first period. You will also experience a period of time where your bones are changing and growing into a feminine shape and size. You’ll probably spend a lot of time in a bathroom because your body will vomit and have diarrhea, because of the excess matter that a female body doesn’t need that a male body has. It will take about a month for that process to run it's course. In the end, you will be complete for the first time in your life. Any comments?"

"Wow, lady, do you realize how much you are going to piss off the community with this? You are going to put a lot of sex change surgeons out of work because nobody is ever going to want a mock female body. There might even be people desperate enough to put out a contract on both of your lives. If you continue this route, we may have to put out a patent on your talents, Ashley. Or we may have to sequester you away with bodyguards to protect you. I am just not sure that this is a good idea to pursue at this time. If anything, we need to study the impact on the industry. What are you girls doing in the mean time?" She seemed genuinely interested in what our intentions were. Only time will tell what her real motives were.

"We are going to continue to go to school and study our majors. After we are out of school, then we will determine what we are going to do. In the mean time, we would be interested in contracting out our services as consultants/whatever you want to call us. For a fee, we will provide selected people their dream. Ashley is studying Biochemistry to see if she can get total control over her abilities. Myself, I am studying psychology and I hope to eventually become a counselor for transgendered individuals. I feel that I have a unique point of view to the people and feel that I could be a benefit to any. My hope is to be able to provide every person that has gone through a surgical sex change or planning on going through it, an option that will provide them a way out of a life of misery." I almost felt like I was standing on a soapbox so I shut up and sat back.

Dr. Clayton had a look of distaste on her face. "High hopes for someone so young. I know you're not young, but you have to realize that the world will not take you so serious. You will be a snot nosed punk to 99% of the people while if you get your wish, you will be a savior to that final 1%. You are in a minority that is so far down the list of minorities that the Native Americans look like the dominant race. I will give you credit though, you don't think small."

"Thank you, I try to think on a larger scale than a normal person. It is a bit easier to make plans than on a small personal basis. I already went through that ten years ago. The world is a big place and I know I am a small person but I feel that my efforts will pay off in the long run."

"Again, I commend you for thinking about others first. It takes a big hearted person to do that. Now, I am sorry about this, I have a job to do still as well as an exam on Teresa here, so that I can document her progress. It will be rather difficult coming up with a good enough explanation to explain her situation. I am not sure how to confront it. I am still curious as to how much she has changed. So, if you two wouldn't mind, please wait out in the lobby and Teresa will rejoin you when we're done. It has been a pleasure meeting you two and I will be in touch with you about your proposals. I will also keep in touch with you about my changes. Thank you for that."

Chapter 15 - Meet the parents

Once we were out of the doctor's office, it was nearly two in the afternoon. Teresa was ecstatic over the report from Dr. Clayton. It seems that her body has a female skeletal structure as shown in the x-rays taken at the office. Her pelvic area shows that she has the pelvis of a woman, the chest shows the rib cage of a woman. Same x-ray areas from a year earlier showed a typical male skeleton. Jamie was flabbergasted over the differences. The best evidence that was available was a set of fingerprints that Teresa had done several years ago when they were doing fingerprints for kids in case they went missing or something. They compared those records to her current fingerprints and they were identical. At least Teresa had a valid ID.

We went out and celebrated the confirmation of the legal changes in Teresa. We at least had a medical doctor who would at least be willing to work with us in the future, since she didn't say that she wouldn't work with us. Only that she would be in touch with us. I think after she sees the results she will get, she will change her mind. It was just a matter of time.

While we were out celebrating, Teresa received a call on her cell phone from her sister and she was calling to invite all of us to go visit Teresa and Sherri's parents this week. She asked us if we would be interested since their parents were wanting to meet the two people who have made such an impact on their kids' lives. A quick exchange between Ashley and I confirmed that we would go. The invitation was for the rest of the week and we were not to worry about anything while we were there. It was supposed to be a time to relax and enjoy ourselves.

For me, I could hardly wait to get back with Sherri again. I had had so much stuff on my mind that I did not think about her at all. But now, she was coming back to the forefront of my mind. Just thinking about her made my nipples crinkle up in my bra. Yes, I was excited to see her again.

We spent the rest of the evening packing up things to take with us. Since Ashley and I shared a car and Teresa had to rely on public transportation, we would be using the car to go to see Teresa's parents. Teresa was a bit nervous over the trip because of how her parents might react to the way she looked. Earlier in the doctor's office had been hell on her when she was denied at first. I felt that I had to give her a hug and tell her it was alright. After all, Sherri more than likely told them about the positive aspect of her becoming their daughter.

Teresa's family lived in San Jose, which is about an hour south of San Francisco, but that is if you have ideal roads. But on a Tuesday morning, nothing is really ideal around San Fran. It took us three hours to drive there. Teresa played the gracious tour guide and gave us the geek's tour of the Silicon Valley. I could not have been more bored with it. I may still like computers, but how the cpu's are made and things like that are a bit beyond me caring about.

On our arrival to her family home, I realized that I really needed to stretch my body out. I also needed to relieve myself since it had been waaayyyy too long since I’d been able to use the bathroom. We were greeted at the door by Teresa's mother.

She was a medium sized person of middle age. She had been aging very gracefully. Her face still looked fresh and hardly was lined. Or else she had had plastic surgery, which I doubted. I could definitely see a resemblance with her to Teresa. I could tell why she had chosen the looks that she did. There were enough differences to between them to show a second genetics pattern in Teresa. I had not noticed it with Sherri, since she looked totally different than Teresa. Teresa seemed to have known right off what she wanted to look like when she described the girl she wanted to be. I had to commend her for that.

"Momma, how are you doing?" Teresa asked her mother after giving her a big hug.

"Obviously, not as good as you are doing, Steven. You are looking very good. Almost too good. At least what Sherri told us is true. Well, come on inside. No need to stand out here."

"Before we do, momma, you have to remember something. I am no longer that 'person'. My name has legally changed. Besides, do I look like someone with that name? If you are still unwilling to accept the fact that I am no longer your son and that I am becoming your daughter, we will end this farce now and we will go back home. I am to be Teresa from now on. Are we agreeable to this?" Teresa had to stand up for her rights one way or another.

"My gosh, Teresa, what has gotten into you? Of course I agree with you. You have to excuse me but it is rather hard since I did raise you as my son. It is still a hard time for me to think otherwise. Now, will you three please come in? I hate standing here with the door open. You know how your father hates to have early spring bugs. He thinks they come into the house in the spring and breed themselves into residency." She stepped back and we went into the house.

She guided us over to the living room furniture and Teresa, Ashley, and I sat on the couch. All three of us were fairly nervous, not really knowing what to say or expect. Mrs. Johnson sort of flitted about gathering things for us to drink, eat, who knew what. I think it was her nervousness that was showing.

Teresa seemed to have had enough of the flitting around. "Momma, will you stop that? You’re starting to drive me a bit crazy! Come and sit down so that you can get used to your daughter's presence. I won't bite you."

Mrs. Johnson stiffened as if she was shocked by an electrical jolt. She moved robotically to a chair and sat down.

"Momma, please relax. I know I may have changed, but I am still the person you gave birth to nineteen years ago. Yes, I don't look the same but I'm happier than I have ever been in my life. Can't you see that?"

"Teresa, you don't have to lecture me. I know what you are going through. Don't you think I could see it when you were growing up? You were always such a sensitive child. You were so like your sister that we had to work hard to keep you separate. All those years you spent growing up telling us that you didn't want to play with the boys and wanted to play with the girls instead were rough on us. We didn't know what was wrong with you but if we had opened our eyes, the world would have told us. I'm truly sorry we put you through that hell but we were trying to raise you as we were raised ourselves." she said with a small tear running down her cheek.

"Momma, you tried to raise me well. You just didn't know what I felt even though you tried to ignore it. For gosh sakes, I DIDN'T even know why I felt the way I did. It took coming across an article in a magazine to put my feelings into words. I always thought I was the only person in the world that felt this way and suddenly the world had become larger for me. If you remember right, I did tell you about it when I knew what I was. Daddy still has a hard time dealing with me."

"I know he has a hard time sweetie. But you have to remember, you are killing off his only son to become his second daughter. I think that once he sees you as you are, that will all change. I know he wants to see you; he has ever since Sherri told us about you. Speaking of which, I just realized something. How was it that the hormones caused you to shrink? I thought that a person could not get shorter by taking the hormones. You should still be several inches taller."

"At the moment Momma, I cannot say anything except that a new process has been discovered that is allowing a body to change in ways that it was never possible. My height was one of the things that has changed."

I hoped that they wouldn’t get too far into the details, since we didn’t want them to become knowledge at the moment. But I had something else that was on my mind that I needed to get off of it.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Johnson, but where is your restroom? It has been way too long since we left Stanford and I have been trying to hold it patiently." I asked her with a hint of desperation in my voice.

"Oh, I am so sorry, my dear. What a horrible hostess I am, not to show you where the restroom was. It's down the hallway, last door on your left." She said sort of embarrassedly.

"Thank you Mrs. Johnson." I said politely and headed for the bathroom. I paid no attention to the room as I relieved myself, washed up and headed back out into the living room.

When I got back, Sherri was sitting on the couch next to Teresa. My heart started beating a mile a minute and I was nearly hyperventilating at the sight of her. Never in my life had I ever had such a strong reaction to someone before. The biggest thing that was beginning to puzzle me was that before I was transformed all those years ago, I was very much into men. I was never into women, even as a man. But why all of a sudden am I so hot on Sherri? I needed to do some exploring on that count.

I walked over to Sherri and sat down next to her and gave her a big hug. I tried to hide a kiss on her cheek just to let her know I still cared about her. Sherri would not let me kiss her cheek and she slightly pulled away from me. She caught my eye and gave a slight shake of her head and glanced with her eyes towards her mother. It dawned on me that she was telling me her mother didn't know about her or didn't tolerate that sort of activity in her house. I sighed softly. I understood but it did not mean I was happy about it.

We chatted away for a while before Mr. Johnson came home. I could see where Teresa had gotten her height from. This man was huge! He stood about 6'5" and probably weighed in around 250 pounds. None of it looked like fat either. He was probably one of the fittest men I had ever seen, who was in his mid forties.

As he came into the house, a hush fell around the room. Mrs. Johnson stood up and greeted him with a kiss and a hug. He walked over towards the four of us on the couch. Teresa tensed up a bit. Mr. Johnson looked her over very critically without ever saying a word. He then gave Ashley and I the once over before heading to what was obviously his favorite chair and sitting down.

He sat there a few minutes absorbed in his own thoughts. "I can see that I will no longer be able to call you Steven. You look too much like your mother and that is a surprise to me. I know you have decided to call yourself Teresa and I accept that name. Your mother and I were going to name you that if you had been born a girl. It fits now. I was afraid you would wind up looking like one of those freaks that they parade around on the talk shows on TV. I couldn't have handled that very well. Have you had the final surgery yet?"

Teresa looked hesitant. "No Daddy, I have not. I will not be ready for that for quite a while."

He cocked an eyebrow quizzically. "Daddy, huh? When did I become Daddy? You always called me dad."

"I don't know Daddy. For some reason I don't feel comfortable calling you dad. I can't explain it very well. For that same reason, something feels more comforting to call you Daddy."

"Well, do what ever makes you feel comfortable. I tried to raise you so that you would use your own mind and not waste it like some sort of vegetable. You know I didn't agree with you when you announced that you were going to go for a sex change, and I still have doubts about it but after seeing you, it is a bit easier to accept you as my daughter number two." He said smiling at her.

Teresa gave a slight squeal, leapt up and ran over and gave him a hug. He was caught off-guard and was nearly tipped off of the chair he was sitting on.

He let out a whoop, "Whoa, careful there or you'll have us both on the floor." He was laughing also as he said it. It was obvious that he had not expected the greeting from her.

She laughed along with him. I could see that she was truly happy with what he had told her. I couldn't help but be happy for her.

* * * * *

The rest of the week passed by too quickly. I had been able to get myself alone with Sherri for a few minutes. We were not able to do anything other than kiss briefly. We had talked for the time we had, about our possible future together. Nothing was really resolved between us but my love for her had grown even deeper than anything I had felt before.

I had plenty of time to think about things on the way back to Stanford and what we called our home now. One of the things I thought about was the fact that I wasn't sure if I was comfortable with the thoughts I was having. Until I met Sherri, I had not been attracted to a woman. Most of what I felt over the years was a full attraction for men. After I had my surgery and was recovered enough to have sex again, I enjoyed it very much. I had been married as a man but the relationship was poor since I was not attracted to her in any way. I had married because it was expected of me to do so. I needed a rude awakening to make me realize it totally.

I was trying to figure out why I suddenly had the attraction towards a woman. I was beginning to realize, too, that I was going to have to go back into therapy again to see what had changed to make me fall in love with Sherri so suddenly. Not to mention my past growing reticence towards men. Thinking about sex with a man gave me the creeps and that was not normal for me with my past. I could not help but wonder what might have changed me. I was not happy about this development.

Chapter 16 - Developing Issues

The school year came rapidly to a close. I was so busy that I no longer had a chance to think about other things. My classes were coming to a close and I was taking finals in all of them. It had been two months since we had started the change process with Dr. Clayton. We had not been in contact with her because of the conflict in our schedules. That all came to a change right after classes dismissed for the summer.

I was awakened the day after my last class by an insistent knocking on the dorm room door. I groggily got up and answered it. Theresa was standing there.

"Morning, Teresa. What's up?" I asked her.

"I got a call this morning from Dr. Clayton. She wants to meet with us at her office as soon as we can get there. She wants all three of us there. She wouldn't explain anything to me but she says that it is rather urgent that we be there." She told me breathlessly.

"Ok. Both Ashley and I will be along shortly. We were up late packing our stuff to go to our summer apartment today. We still need to get ourselves ready but it won't take us very long before we are. We'll come up when we are ready." I told her.

"Ok, I'll be waiting for you." She turned around and left to go back to her room to wait.

Ashley and I hurried as fast as we could and we were able to meet Teresa in her room forty-five minutes later. I was still puzzled as to why Dr. Clayton wanted to see us all.

We would have to wait until we got to the office.

The drive over was done in silence since we were all thinking about what was going on. As soon as we arrived in the office, we were taken back to the conference room we met in the last time. It was about a five minute wait for Jamie to come in.

She was all business and the expression on her face was perturbed for some reason.

"I'm sorry I called you girls in so abruptly but I have to get some answers from you. You know more about this thing than I do. What did you do to me? You may not have known it but I was married before I had my surgery and we have stuck together even afterward. Now, I find myself being disgusted with even being with her any longer. I look at men with a hunger that I've never felt before and it bothers me to no end." She said almost angrily.

While she had been talking, I had been doing an inspection of the changes she had been going through. It was more than two months since she was contacted with the oil. Her skin was smoother than before and her facial features were a lot more refined than ever before. Her hands were even noticeably smaller than previous. I could tell she was uncomfortable in her stance even as she was sitting there.

I decided to take the initiative and spoke up. "If what I have observed with myself, I think you are becoming totally heterosexual. I noticed a while back that I no longer had an interest in men and that my sexual desires had turned to women. Even though I was married years ago, I hated being with her. Now though, I am in love completely with a young woman and I found it bothersome at first. It begins to come clear for me. What was your attraction ratio towards men and women before?"

She was thoughtful for a moment. "I was totally attracted to women. I tried being with men for a short time but I could not stand them."

"I see. I think you might wind up having a divorce before too much longer anyway. We didn't know about your relationship when we gave you the oil treatment. There was also no way of being able to predict the results of sexual preference of an individual when given the treatment. I am sorry if this bothers you but I am afraid that the changes are irreversible. We tried a long time ago to see it Ashley could change me but there were no results at all." I told her. "Teresa, what was your orientation before you were treated?" I directed the question at the person who was the uncertain factor now.

"I am not sure. I think I was bi before. I didn't favor men over women to any degree, or vice versa." She replied.

"And how do you feel now? Has there been any changes in that situation?" I asked. "This is really important for future treatments."

"There really is no difference to me now. I can be comfortable with men or women without any problems." Was the answer from her.

"If you'll excuse me, but this has nothing to do with me." Dr. Clayton stated.

"I know but I think you are going to have to get used to the fact that you are no longer attracted to women. We can no longer change anything that is going on with you." I told her.

"Are you sure about that? Have you ever tried to make a change while something was in progress?"

"No, we have not. We're not that knowledgeable about the oil. That is why Ashley and I are studying the areas that we are." I replied.

"Would you at least try with me? I am not ready to give up on my wife yet." She said.

I looked over at Ashley and was talking to her mentally. 'Do you want to try? I know it won't hurt anything to at least try. If it fails, we will know that there are areas that need to be explored before anyone else is treated.'

She looked thoughtful before returning her thoughts. 'I can try. I am not sure that it will work. We don't know how far she has changed. If her chromosomes have passed the male/female stage, there may be nothing that can be done.'

"Dr. Clayton, we are at least willing to try. Have you been doing any chromosome testing on yourself since we were here last?" I asked.

"No, I haven't. I have been monitoring the blood levels for hormones but nothing else. How was I supposed to know to check the chromosomes?"

"Look, you are the one who is the doctor here. We're just students who are trying to learn more about what this substance does to the human body as well as learning about human reactions mentally. We are too new at this to think about everything that needs to be done. We are learning more about it but there is still so much that we need to know. That is why we want to work with you to find out. If you're still willing to work with us while we explore things, let us know now. If you don't, we'll find someone else who will be more open minded about it." I stated point blankly to her.

"What sort of statement is that. Anyone with half a brain would want to be in on the ground floor of something this huge. Knowledge is everything in the field of medicine. I'd be stupid to pass up the opportunity like this. I'll continue to work with you. But we're going to have to start building up our knowledge base and do it together. That was another reason why I asked you girls here today. I would like you to start working with me in my office next week. I have some plans that we need to go over. Or at least if you're willing to do so." She sounded sincere in her offer.

"We'll think about it, if you will let us. The offer sounds almost too good to be true. What sort of pay is the offer including?" No sense in getting nothing for our efforts.

"I hadn't really thought too much about that. I am sure that we can come to some sort of agreement on payment." She said.

'Don't trust her that closely Jennifer.' A voice said in my head that was not Ashley. 'I can sense she wants to get away with paying you nothing.'

'Teresa, is that you?' I asked the voice back.

'Yes, it is. I have been listening to you and Ashley talk for a few weeks now but I felt that I needed to keep you unaware that I could hear you.' She answered back.

'We'll talk about this later. Let's resolve this matter at hand first.' I told her.

"Dr. Clayton, I think that if you want us to work for you, before anything can begin, there has to be a pay arrangement done. We won't work for nothing and we won't provide anything that is not compensated for. If you want us to do some oil treatments, it will have to be done with the respect that it comes from one person, as you well know, and it is that person's talent or ability to make this happen. Basing the ability on what happens, it is a valuable service. I know that you just might be thinking about charging people a large sum of money to make their transformation into a real woman but without a degree of confidence from us, you'll get nothing out of it. What are you going to offer?" I asked her.

"If we were to do a fee based on how long a person wanted their completion to be, the faster it takes, the more it will cost. But I think that before we can actually start any kind of testing, we need to get approval from the FDA for it to start. We don't want this to start going wrong right off the bat because we didn't do something right. What I propose is to write a paper about the properties of a certain oil that will remain nameless or we can think of some sort of code name for it to throw them off the track. I've at least been documenting my progress since the first day and I can at least use it to show the progressional rate of the oil in its changes." She stated at length.

"If you submit any paper, there can be no names given or the actual source of the oil provided. It wouldn't be to the benefit of Ashley if it were known that it came from a human being. Once we can get approval for testing, we can work on other issues. Are we going to have to do animal testing before we can do anything with humans? I know there has to be a certain amount of time given for animal testing to prove results and safety records. I am not certain as to how the animal testing can be done but we can try." I replied back.

"We'll have to see about finding a lab that we can do our testing. The animal rights group will be on our case if we injure any animal so we'll have to make sure that we have animal experts with us at all times. Does the oil work without coming directly from Ashley?"

"I honestly don't know. We've never tried it otherwise. Is there any way we can do an experiment with it?"

'Sorry Ashley, I'm not meaning to take over the whole discussion.' I told Ashley mentally.

'No problem, you're doing fine. I wouldn't know what to say. You have more life's experience than I do.' She replied back.

"I'm not sure. Let me see if I have one of my other clients waiting for their appointment. I couldn't cancel them all to make room for this meeting. If we do, this person will have to be examined every week. I will have to let them know about an experimental treatment and have them sign a waiver to proceed." She responded.

"Fine, go see if there is someone available." I told her.

Dr. Clayton left the room and went to see if there was a patient waiting. She was gone about five minutes and came back.

"We had one person available. I haven't explained the situation to her and I've had the receptionist print out an experimental treatment form for her to sign. I will also make sure that she signs a non-disclosure form saying that she cannot mention anything about the treatment or suit can be filed against her. It may be the only way that we can prevent premature publicity for the treatment."

"Ok, let's do it. Take Ashley in to the exam room with you and just explain that she is your new assistant and will be taking notes. Once the papers have been read and signed then Ashley can make the oil and it can be put on some sort of sampler or something to apply it to the person. I'm sure you know more about that than I do. Then take it back in the room and apply it. Ashley wpn't be there on the second visit." I said.

"Ok. Ashley, shall we go?" Dr. Clayton asked her.

"Sure. I'm a bit nervous about this though." Ashley told her.

'Don't be nervous Ashley. I'll be there with you every second that you're there.' I told her through our mind connection.

'Ok. Let me know if I do something wrong." She said back. "Ok, Dr. Clayton, I'm ready. Shall we go get this started?"

Both of them left the conference room. I was able to look through Ashley's eyes to what was going on. I was beginning to enjoy the mental connection with her. It was more convenient than verbal communications. If the connection with Teresa continues like this, there will be no privacy without learning to build some sort of mental block or security screen.

Chapter 17 - Experimental Procedures

Through the mental connection, I watched Ashley and Dr. Clayton meet with the patient in the exam room. Dr. Clayton went over the experimental procedure and the possibilities of total change without surgery. Since it was uncertain if it would work, the forms were read by the patient completely. She had a look of glee on her face when she read the part about total sexual conversion. Her only comment was why she hadn't heard about this sort of thing before.

Dr. Clayton was careful to explain that it was a very new process but it hadn't been approved by the FDA for human testing but there was some things that needed to be tested out first before things could be furthered. The patient signed the forms on the spot. She also agreed to return for examination every week for six months and monthly after that. Dr. Clayton advised the patient that she would be right back, then left with Ashley.

I watched along with Ashley while Dr. Clayton went through preparations to return back to the exam room with the test oil. The doctor was advising Ashley on what sort of changes needed to occur and in what sort of order. After several minutes Ashley was prepared and extruded the oil through the palm of her hand. Dr. Clayton had donned rubber gloves just in case and carefully removed the oil into a small vial. She made sure that she had it all before Ashley stopped the oil production and absorbed the remainder back into herself. Dr. Clayton left the room and Ashley returned back to the conference room where Teresa and I waited.

It was ten minutes later that Dr. Clayton returned to the conference room to brief us on the treatment. The look on her face told me a lot. She looked crest fallen and that her world was about to end. She sat back down in her chair and slumped against it.

"The oil had no effect at all. There was no burning sensation that occurred when I applied it to her. I'm beginning to think that the only way that any change will occur is when it is directly from Ashley. That would make her an invaluable commodity. Ashley, would you care to go back into the room with me and apply the oil directly to the patient?" Dr. Clayton asked her.

"Sure. Let's go," She replied.

They left again. This time, as I watched through Ashley, the patient reacted to the contact as Ashley made the application to her back. The doctor had explained to Ashley on the way back to the office that it was probably the best place to apply it since the patient would not be able to see what she was doing. The patient was told that the previous treatment was just a catalyst that was to prepare the body for the treatment but it required two people to apply the main ingredient. Not true, but it served it's purpose with the patient.

I left off the most important details with this person but now I can at least describe her a bit. Where Dr. Clayton had been a fairly small person of 5'8" tall, this patient was a huge person, being about 6'4" and weighing around 250 pounds. She was very large boned and heavily muscled. The facial features were blatantly male and nothing short of a new body would get this person to pass as a woman. This was probably the best person to show the extremity of the oil. Dr. Clayton had advised Ashley that the person had stated in previous visits of wishing she was 5'2" tall and the most delicate woman possible, like her mother had been. Losing 14" would not be easy on her but Ashley was able to make the mental changes to the oil to assure that this person would wind up being her heart's desire. Ashley had made the changes to start the skeletal corrections first that would coincide with muscular and skin changes. As things progressed further, the facial changes would occur but they would be slowly ongoing anyway. Subtle changes would occur and the eventual results would leave the person a 5'2" delicate flower. Arrangements were made for her to get her name changed and her records corrected. Further appointments were made to the patient for weekly visits that will also have pictures taken to show her progress in transformation.

After the patient had left, Dr. Clayton and Ashley came back into the conference room and sat down. The doctor looked bummed about the possibly of using the oil without Ashley not going through.

"Well, the attempt was well made but we did learn a valuable lesson in the use of the oil. It has to be applied right from the source or it won't work at all. If we're going to get this approved with the FDA, we will need to come up with something a little more concrete to show them with the process. I am sure that samples will need to be sent in so that they could be examined. As a matter of fact, I think that I need to get a sample to send to a lab for testing. It doesn't have to be one that will change anyone, just a generic sample, if you don't mind. That way, any results can be sent to the FDA with the application for testing." Dr. Clayton said.

I felt that I had to do a refresh on her mind about a certain matter. "Dr. Clayton, are you still wanting to try to change your sexual orientation through another oil treatment?"

"Oh, I forgot about that. Yes, shall we try now?" She answered.

Ashley closed her eyes and concentrated for a couple of minutes. When she was ready, she held out her hand with the oil visibly shining on her palm. Dr. Clayton took hold of it and waited for some sort of reaction. She held Ashley's hand for ten minutes before letting go of it.

"I didn't feel anything happen. Was there supposed to be any reaction?" She asked Ashley.

"Doc, I really don't know. This is the first time we tried anything of the sort. I wanted the change to occur in a week, so if you don't feel any different by then, we will know that it was too late to make any changes. We still have a lot to learn about the changes that can occur with the oil. I'm certain the permutations will be endless based on the endless aspect of humanity." Ashley responded back to her.

I pitched in, "One thing else that I think you need to do Doctor, is have a chromosomal test done to see where your sexual designation is. If you come up as XX you could then be classified as fully female. IF you are still XY, then the change should take place. I am not certain if a person goes through an XXY stage during the change. That might be a test that can be done weekly on the new changee."

Dr. Clayton got a serious look on her face. "I think it is time to discuss the possible pay schedule for this treatment. If we finally are able to go public with this, I feel that a fair price should be charged to the patients. Not much will ever be fair to many people but we at least will have to make it equitable to all. I'm sure that we'll be able to become very rich once this is all over with but I doubt that it will ever be over. We also have to make absolutely sure that each person that applies for the treatment will pass the most scrutinizing tests. There might be people out there that might try something as a punishment to some horrible man but those can be weeded out without too many problems." She was beginning to sound like a lecturer on the subject.

I felt I had to step in, "Dr. Clayton, I think I know where you want to go with this but I feel I have to step in and offer up this suggestion. If you want to charge a fee for yourself, that is fine but I think that for Ashley and myself, since we are a team in this, a fee will have to be $10,000 per change. Nothing else will work, since the product does come from a living, breathing human being. Not some chemical plant that charges a certain rate for the product. I am sure that you will agree that the rate is fair in comparison to what surgeons charge for the operation. If we are to capture any sort of market on this, we have to make sure that we have a product that will attract a lot of attention. The ones that have been transformed first will be the ones that will be the most scrutinized of all who will be transformed. You will either have to deny that you were transformed or admit it. That will be the choice you have to make. In my case, I'll have to deny it since I have the records that go the furthest and my old records are sealed and I am deceased as the person I once was. My identity is this body and it will remain above scrutiny. Your record is also open for public exposure since you are a physician. They will be looking very closely at you more than anyone else. Teresa will also be subject to some scrutiny because of her involvement. The new patient will have to be the one that stands out more than anything. She will be the one that changes the most and it'll be visible to the public that something is not right with her transformation. If we are not careful how it's managed, things'll come crashing down on us and the whole thing will be banned."

"I'll make sure this is done with all respects to the laws concerning controlled and new drugs. But I think that the price you wish to charge is higher than it should be. If you cut it in half, the original price would be equitable for both of us. We could undercut the surgeons and still make a profit. If you look at it this way, if the clientele base starts at 10 in a day, you could make $50,000 per day. More can be made as time goes by. As the owner of this practice, I have the overhead that you girls won't have. As time goes by and we get going, we can form a partnership and share the expenses but by that time, things will be going well enough that we won't have to worry about the expenses, they will take care of themselves."

"If you are optimistic enough to say that, then I know this endeavor will work out. But there is a prior agreement that I will have to put into the pact. Teresa is studying Business Management and has offered to manage the business as it grows. That'll leave the actual operating of it to us. Once I get my degree, I'll be able to screen the applicants to make sure that they're right for the change. I'll have to go further into things than any surgeon will go into. Ashley will have the easy part, she will just produce the oil. You will be the one who handles the medical side of things. No person should be allowed to make the decision on how long the transformation should take. Being realistic about this, anyone who has had the surgery, should get a quicker change period and one who is starting the process should at least have been in transition for six months but preferably a year. We will have to play it by ear until we are able to get things figured out." I told all of them.

Thus, the sex change business was started. I could regale you with the horrors we faced for five years before we were able to actually put the business into effect. Teresa and Dr. Clayton reached the final stages nearly together three months later. Both of them wound up with their first periods simultaneously and were miserable together. But both of them were ecstatic over it and glowed with the pleasure of being fully female. I was pleased for them since I had helped make it happen for them. I wish that I could say the same for other less fortunate individuals who went through the process in the future.

Chapter 18 - New Business or Old?

Five years passed by with many issues that caused us to fight for our lives. We fought the long established surgical people over the rights to make the complete change to people. The first things we had done was patent the process of sex change by the oil and register it with the FTC. The FDA tests were gruesome in detail and execution. Every little detail had to be documented for submission before they would let us do anything. The animal tests were a semi success due to the fact that most of the animals that were used were not affected by the oil. The primates we used were changed but none of them accepted the change. Mostly because of the fact that their sexual identity never came into play. It was mostly instinct for them and interaction with other primates were restricted because of fights that would break out. Rats and other rodents were proven to be valueless in the research. It took two years of long hard work before we were granted the rights to test on humans in a limited capacity.

We had to hire a psychiatrist for that stage, since I was not ready to do it myself. She too, was post-op TS and it helped that we were able to do her on the side without the FDA knowing about it. We were starting to entrench ourselves in the Gender Community by word of mouth. Word was passed on about the clinic that offered total sex change and not a surgical mock-up. Since we had kept the name of the clinic under Dr. Clayton's name and that was a generic one, most people were not able to find out what it was.

Three more years of testing were completed but not without some ups and downs. We had a couple of failures but that was due to the fact that the people were not screened very well in the beginning. They wound up being just cross-dressers who had been lying themselves for a long time. They had freaked out over the fact that they turned heterosexual female when they preferred women to begin with. Dr. Clayton had eventually given up on her sexual orientation problems and accepted the love for men. She has been seeing another doctor for some time and enjoying his company. My prediction of her getting a divorce had proved true within six months of the discovery of her preferring men. I felt sorry for her ex- wife but there was nothing we could do about it. The sexual orientation of the individual was closely scrutinized before any were accepted. We were never able to overcome the change of orientation at the halfway point of transformation. One orientation that was never a problem was when the person was bi-sexual. It was the ones who preferred women that had it the worst. That was proving to be 75% of all the patients we saw.

In five years, we saw many different circumstances but nearly all of them were able to accept the complete change. Those that weren't were the previously described cross-dressers.

At long last, Ashley, Teresa and I graduated from Stanford with our degrees and could start earning our keep with the growing business. We were still a year from final approval from the FDA. The original problems we had had were when they had examined the oil in detail. They discovered the trace elements of the chemicals from so long ago that were pervasive in Ashley's body. They were on the verge of refusing permission to do any testing due to the fact that those chemicals were on the banned list of dangerous substances. We had somehow managed to convince them that in the usage we were putting them to were not placing dangerous levels of the chemicals in the recipient's body. After the examination of one changed individual (the one from that day in the office), they relented and approved the testing to begin. Although we were warned not to use it on another human being until permission was given to begin that process. We only made one gift change and that was to our psychiatrist.

I was able to begin the mental examination of the patients once I graduated from the University. Since I was able to sit in on all the sessions with Dr. Balsam while she was working with us, I was able to learn the ins and outs of finding the right people for changing. I began to thoroughly enjoy myself by helping those that had little or no hope of ever becoming complete as the female sex.

There was one group of people that I felt the most sympathy for. That was the female to male transsexuals. No matter how hard we tried, we were never able to get any of them to change into men. The oil never worked on them. It was theorized that if we could have a male version of Ashley, they might be able to have a complete female to male change. But no one was willing to try to make it happen. It was scary enough when it happened to Ashley, but I for one was not going to try to mess up a young boy's life by changing him in that manner. Nobody was sure when the right time would be in a boy's life to do it anyway. So it became a non- issue with us. We felt bad about the continued suffering of that group of people but there really was nothing we could do about it. Life had to go on regardless.

Chapter 19 - Dangerous Situations

We knew we would have a possibility of running afoul with the established medical community when they found out about the complete chemical sex changes that we were starting to offer. We knew that they would try to stop us and a lot of curves were thrown our way that were not all on the finished women we made. Once the word started to get out about the complete sex changes we were offering, the threats started coming in.

A lot of them were from the normal crack pots that said that what we were doing was an anathema to God and that we were going to hell for it. We had lawsuits filed against us, received bomb threats, the clinic was picketed and people were harassed when they tried to enter or leave. Fortunately, we had planned ahead of the world and we managed to have back up plans set into motion before things got to out of hand. All of our TG girls were told to go to the back-up clinic that was in a building a few blocks away from the main office.

By the time we got final approval from the FDA to offer the changes to the public, other things were well on the table for making full public announcement of the discovery. My old doctor, Dr. Fishburn, had literally taken things to heart and had joined Dr. Clayton in her practice. Between the two of them, they felt that they could keep abreast of the media hype that was starting to build around us. They were granting interviews, almost on a daily basis, with newspapers, magazines, TV newscasters, radio broadcasts, as well as other formats. But the big thing was that the media was told to hold off in publishing or broadcasting anything until the formal public announcement of the process. Most that were granted an interview had to sign a document that stated the penalties for disclosing before the actual day of disclosure. The penalty was so high that no one wanted to disclose anything until the time stated.

The whole process was still kept secret for the time being because we felt that the world was not really ready to know about how it came about. The doctors kept Ashley and I out of the limelight but we felt that all we had gone through was going to start paying itself off in a short period of time. We were both ready for it. Dr. Clayton had had the proposal put in legalese and the contract was signed by all of us involved. Laying things out like that made me feel a lot better. Dr. Clayton had had a study done in the TG community about the process and when the results came back, we were all stunned by the results.

By an overwhelming majority, nearly 98% of all people asked said that they would go through the process, regardless of how much it cost, if it could make them a complete woman. 100% of all the post operative patients said that they would undergo the procedure regardless of the fact that they had already had the sex reassignment surgery done. Many were truly excited about it. We couldn't believe it all but I had had my suspicions about it anyway.

There were a few minutes spent in celebration, since all of us in the know already knew what the results were. If a true transsexual was given the choice of being a mock woman through surgery or being a real woman through a non-surgical method, who would choose to have the surgery? The world seemed to be leery of things that might have a different aspect to it.

One thing that no one had ever been able to determine with a post-oil woman was that they were ever male. The shocking thing was that the oil changed the person right down to the DNA and the chromosomes followed without any hesitation. I already knew that but the studies done during the tests proved conclusively that it was a total change.

On the day that we had determined to do a formal announcement of the process, we called in the media to tell about how we could take a man who was gender conflicted and turn him into a real, breathing, menstruating woman. We had the first person knowingly converted, at least in the eyes of the law, who was now going by the name of Lisa. She looked so different than she did the day that Ashley applied the oil. She had changed into a very petite woman of 5'2" tall and probably weighed a whole 100 pounds. She had never felt happier in her life and that the change was the best thing that had ever happened to her.

For the public, we put up the process pictures that showed her from the beginning to the end and there was a lot of clamor over it. We didn't produce the other fifty that we had transformed during the testing phase but the FDA people were also on hand to testify that the process was safe and not a contagious factor. At first, they had been total against the process due to the fact that there were compounds that were known toxins to humans but their tests had proved that the quantities needed to make the changes were not sufficient enough to kill anyone. It also had not been passed on from the recipient to another person in any of the tests done. Even sexual intercourse didn't pass it on, which was one of the expected side effects that never occurred. The only unspoken side effect was what could happen to a baby that was produced by one of these people. Nobody wanted to say anything about that. We hoped that nothing would ever happen.

The world at large became aware of the changes that could take place and the shout from on high was incredible. What scared most people was the fact that NO ONE could tell that the person had ever been anything other than what she presented to the world. Any former surgical patient that went through the process was happy to not be read anymore. Suddenly people wanted the new service.

With Teresa as the manager of the office, things became efficiently ran and no one was able to pull a fast one on her. The two doctors had their hands full with the every day patient exams while Ashley and I pretty much had our own hands full with our own jobs. I began to do interviews with potential recipients of the process and in order for that to happen, I had to have records for each one. For every applicant for it, a file had to be sent. I spent several hours each night reading the files I had for the people for the next day's interviews. As much as I wanted to help every person, I knew that there were a number out there that would not qualify for the process for various reasons. We had elected to follow the Standards of Care for Transsexuals, since this was still a sex change no matter how it was done. If a person was post-op they were a shoe-in for the process. They had paid their dues, so to speak.

But for one who had not had surgery, it was required that they live for a year as a woman before they would be considered for the process. Then and only then would they be presented to me. Other issues that the group had had to consider was the age one. Jamie had enjoyed becoming nearly twenty years younger when she had her conversion started several years before but she was hesitant at first to go with an age that was less than hers but eventually Ashley and I won out. We elected to give everyone over the age of twenty-one an age regression to the age of twenty-one. If they were under that age, then they would retain their actual age. But we did draw the line at eighteen as being the youngest for receiving the process. That was because of the legal issues that arose from being younger than the normal legal age for anything. Of course, we had very few applicants below the age of nineteen since most were not able to start the real life test until they were eighteen according to their parents.

After a year of public knowledge, we were in the process of having to expand the office, staff, and doctors. We had been seeing at the beginning, thirty-two people a day which worked out to four people per hour for treatment. And that was after the hour long interview I gave them the week before they were granted treatment. I turned down an average of 4 per week because of things like non-acceptance of the sexual orientation change that all would under go. Most did not care about but many had problems with it. They were usually the ones who were transsexual lesbians. Dr. Clayton had adjusted to her orientation change and we found ourselves with an intra-office romance with Dr. Clayton and Dr. Fishburn. They made a great couple and worked very well together. But both knew that their work relationship was going to have to separate if they continued to see each other. Twenty-four hours a day of togetherness was hard on anyone. Even the closest couples can get to hate each other because they have no away time from the other.

Marty began to work with one of the younger men who joined the team while Jamie was working with one of the women. The romance blossomed after that and they became very pleasant to work with again.

I was breaking in three new psychologists who would ease my caseload and make me a bit more pleasant to be around. I had been stressing out for a long time about the number of cases that I had to see in a week. Not even my relationship with Sherri was without it's turmoil. I had been stressing out so much that Sherri couldn't get me to relax. It was her that suggested the hiring of more staff to take care of the small things and help out with the patients. Once it was finally going well and I was down to a case load of six per day, I became more bearable to be around.

Money was starting to flow into our coffers by the droves and our business was flourishing. We were starting to hear rumors of grumbles from the sex change surgeons becoming upset at the loss of their incomes but we really gave it no mind. We were doing quite well ourselves.

We should have been listening to the rumbles, since they are what actually lead up to one of the worst times of my life. One evening as I prepared myself to head home to the condo that Sherri and I shared, I had made my way out to where my car was parked in the parking lot behind the office building. I heard a shout off to my left and when I turned to see who shouted, I felt what was like a hammer blow in my chest. I lost my breath almost instantaneously. I flew on to my back as I heard a loud boom in my ears. I looked up to see a man standing about fifty feet from where I was, with a gun in his hand. As my vision started to grey out on me, I saw the left side of his head produce a cloud of red and a startled look on his face before he collapsed to the ground like a wet rag. As he was falling, I could not help but think he looked familiar but it was fleeting since I lost the ability to think very well.

I was not too long after him in hitting the ground. I never felt the impact of my head hitting the pavement as it fell back. For what seemed like the umpteenth time in my life, I was rendered unconscious.

Chapter 20 - Shootings and other tales

My world revolved around the color of black. I felt nothing but I heard voices. Was I dead? Was this Heaven or was it Hell? I had no way of telling. My contact with what I had was gone and I was left with the formless void that might have been called limbo.

This seemed to be all I knew for quite some time. But then, what was time when you had no reference to it in any way. I had no way of knowing what was going on or even why I was like this. I had nothing better to do than to wait to see what happens.

* * * * *

"Doctor, is there anything that you can do for her? We can't let her die!" Ashley pleaded.

Dr. Clayton and Dr. Fishburn as well as several other members of the clinic staff worked furiously on the grievously wounded young woman on the table. There was a bullet wound through the right breast but there was other concerns that they were working on. The bullet had gone through her chest and had exited just below her right shoulder blade but on exiting, had forced a hole three inches in diameter out of the back.

The gunman had been at least a foot taller then Jennifer and the bullet had traveled in a downward path, ever so slightly. The path went through her right lung and the bleeding was profuse. A call for blood had gone out, since the clinic did not have any need for a supply. The staff was doing everything they could to control the blood loss. There was not that much that could be done. The lung was the biggest of their problems now. If they were not able to control the blood flow, they would lose her to drowning in her own blood. Sirens could be heard in the background of the voices that filled the small room.

No one had expected the attack on the poor young woman lying on the table. There were tubes already placed in her mouth to feed her oxygen but the pallor of the skin was incredibly pale. The blood flow seemed to be slowing but that could have been because of the body limit of blood. Work continued at a furious rate.

Paramedics entered the room and took survey of the action going on to save the life of the young woman. They paled slightly at the sight of the gaping wound on the right side of her back. In their experience, the wound was always fatal, no matter how quickly treatment was given. It was still well within the 'Critical Hour', since it had only been fifteen minutes since the actual shooting. Since it happened at a medical clinic, treatment was able to be started within seconds. If the young woman was going to survive, she would have to have the lung removed and quickly. They rushed to join the action.

Police were questioning the witnesses as well as the security guard who had fired the fatal shot at the shooter. There were three other witnesses that came forward to give their details of what had occurred. The security guard was so mournful that he had not been able to stop the shooter from shooting the victim. She had always been so nice to him and all the others around the clinic. She had not deserved to be shot by some whacko, he stated.

Sounds of a helicopter began to fill the building. The lifeflight 'copter had arrived to take Jennifer to the University Hospital. Even though it was a thirty minute drive, the doctors felt that they had to get her there in two minutes or quicker. Therefore, the lifeflight was the one that was needed. They were now thirty minutes into the 'Critical Hour' and time was slipping too quickly. They had somehow managed to stabilize her but her situation was still critical. The whole team left the clinic treatment room with her and continued to work on her on the way. Two minutes later, the 'copter took off back to the hospital. The remaining blood covered staff watched as it left with their friend in it's belly.

The two doctors had joined the flight nurse on board the flight and continued to work on Jennifer. The fluids were practically draining through the IV's they had started immediately, in the attempt to keep her heart beating long enough to reach the hospital. The hole in her back was plugged tightly with gauze packing to keep her from draining completely. They were both very worried about the young woman that had been known to them for many years. Dr. Clayton had tears running down her face in an unashamed manner. Dr. Fishburn was working bravely to save her life. But he had seen enough over the years to know that the young lady was most likely to not survive the next half hour, let alone the night. He worked even harder with that thought.

The arrival at the hospital seemed to take an eternity to them and they were met by a trauma team who took over for the exhausted doctors. The doctors stood by and watched their co-worker leave for points well known to the ones who had been given charge of her care. As if a belated thought, they followed behind the trauma team but not close enough to cause them any problems. The trauma team knew exactly what had occurred and knew they had no time to waste in getting Jennifer to the OR to see if they could get the damage repaired enough to save her life. The OR team was already in position and waiting for her arrival. The two doctors watched as they wheeled her into the OR and the doors closed behind them. The clinic doctors slumped visibly and looked for some place they could go to get cleaned up from their efforts to save her life. Her blood coated them completely and glistened darkly as they moved slowly from the operating room.

Meanwhile, the OR team was working furiously to minimize the blood loss that continued, much to the amazement of the team. They had originally felt that the victim would not make it to the hospital alive because of the blood loss she had before she arrived. But the live arrival to the hospital surprised them all, since they had been monitoring the conversations between the doctors and the flight nurse while they prepared themselves. Jennifer's clothes were cut off her body in the most efficient manner possible without contamination what was already done. Her upper body clothing had already been removed prior but there were the lower clothing to consider. Since the office had taken to requiring the most professional clothing possible, she had worn a skirt and blouse to work that day. The nylons she wore were trashed because of her fall to the pavement in the parking lot and were removed and tossed. Her chest was prepared while the anesthesiologists made sure that she was stable enough to administer the anesthesia. Once they gave the go, the doctors cut open her chest skin, cut through the ribs and lay the chest wide open, exposing the chest organs.

The silence reigned heavily for maybe twenty seconds before someone exclaimed, "What the hell is going on here?"

Another voice, obviously one in charge, said, "Get those doctors that came with her prepped and in here, STAT! Someone find the entrance wound, we need to trace the path of the bullet to see where the right lung was hit. No, wait, here it is." Silence continued for several minutes, with the exception of a few whispered conversations going on around the room.

Twenty minutes later, scrubbed and gowned, Dr. Clayton and Dr. Fishburn entered the OR. Once they were totally covered, they were guided over to the table where their friend lay with her chest open to the world.

"Sir, the doctors are here." The nurse told him.

"Good, it's about time. You two, I want you to take a look at this wound." He drew his gloved hand around the perfectly healthy lung on the right side of Jennifer's chest.

"My GOD!" Dr. Clayton gasped. "Where is the bullet hole? We had been trying to prevent her blood loss and from her back, we could see the damage to the lung. It was bad enough to be removed. But what is going on? It should NEVER have healed this quickly."

"That is why I wanted you two in here. What sort of experiments have you guys been running over at your clinic that can cause a human body to heal this quickly. It is like the lung was never hit, but I know there is no way that could have happened. If I didn't know better, I would say that someone gave her a whole new lung."

"Sorry Doctor, but we're not dealing with any sort of experiments on speed healing. This young lady was involved in an accident twelve years ago that caused her whole body to change but it is hard to imagine that it would heal like this. How is the back wound doing? Is she going to lose the feeling on that side of her body. The angle was just right to do a lot of nerve damage near the spine." Dr. Clayton said.

"See for yourself," he said and pulled the lung out of the way. Another gasp was heard from Dr. Clayton as she observed the once gaping hole in the back. What had been a three inch hole, was now about the size of the end of a normal sized human pinkly tip. And as she watched, the hole grew closer together and finally closed in a couple of minutes. She watched as Jennifer was turned slightly and she observed that the wound in the back was almost completely healed on the outside. There was a reddish area where the wound had been and then it faded to pink then to normal skin color for Jennifer.

"There is no sense in leaving the chest cracked open like this. Let's start closing. You two can leave now, but once I am done, I need to see both of you in the staff conference room. I have to get to the bottom of this. This is as close to a miracle as I have ever seen and now I am curious as to what this 'accident' was that she had when she was younger. I should be out in thirty minutes or so. I will come directly there. Janice, will you take them to the conference room when they are ready?" He said.

"Yes, Doctor. If you two will follow me, I will take you to clean up again." She led them out of the OR.

* * * *

Forty-five minutes later, the surgeon came into the conference room where Dr. Clayton and Dr. Fishburn waited. They had had a good chance this time to get completely cleaned and were sitting in fresh scrubs drinking coffee to try to revitalize themselves. The surgeon sat down across from them.

Looking at Dr. Clayton, he said, "In the OR, you stated that she had an accident when she was younger that caused her to change. What did you mean by that?"

Dr. Clayton looked at Dr. Fishburn for a moment. She really didn't know what to say to the surgeon but decided that Dr. Fishburn should be the one to talk, since he was the one who was there when Jerrie became Jennifer. "Marty, I think this is where you should use your firsthand knowledge. I doubt that I could do it any justice. You were there after all."

Dr. Fishburn told the surgeon about the whole incident concerning Jennifer. How she had become as she was and such stuff. The surgeon was incredulous over it to say the least.

"You mean to say that the young lady I operated on is over fifty years old? Geez, what I wouldn't give to look that good and I'm only 45." He said pointedly.

"One thing else doctor, is that the process that created her also helped me," said Dr. Clayton. "If you must know, I am only a year younger than Jennifer. I went through the process six years ago and it has been the best thing that ever happened to me. For some reason, there is an age regression that occurs when it is used. I lost 20 years when I went through it."

The surgeon was even more surprised about that disclosure. "As unusual as the whole thing sounds, I will have to accept that it is all true. If I were to ask if it would be possible to go through the de-aging process, what would I have to do?"

Both the other doctors laughed loudly and very long. Dr. Clayton finally managed to get control of herself and said, "That would be a very simple procedure. Just start taking a whole bunch of female hormones and come and see me in a year. I'll make sure that you look REAL good when I'm done." She chuckled again at the thought.

The surgeon was totally aghast at the thought. "I don't think there will be anyway I am going to take any female hormones for any reason. Can't you just do it to me?"

Dr. Clayton was still smiling. "No. You see, the only way that the process will even work is if the person involved is of totally male genetics and has been taking female hormones for a certain period of time. In other words, you would have to be transsexual for it to work."

That stopped the surgeon. He sat there trying to say something. His mouth was moving but nothing was coming out. Finally, he managed to get it in gear. "B...but, that would mean that you..." Then he said nothing else.

Dr. Clayton smiled even more. "Yes, it would. I had my surgery back in 1982 in Trinidad, Colorado. Through this process, I did lose 20 years and I became a complete woman. And that is what you will be if you want to lose a few years of age. It is the only way that it works. Then it is an irreversible process. You will be female for the rest of your life. That is what we are doing over in my little clinic. Jennifer is my chief psychologist who evaluates potential recipients for the process. Without her, we will have a greater battle in getting everyone taken care of."

"My God! I've never heard about such a process. How was it invented? Who holds the patent for it? My God, I have a million questions about it." The surgeon was babbling now.

Dr. Clayton smiled some more. "Sorry to disappoint you doctor, but the process was patented six years ago and as for how it was invented, let's say that it was a complete accident of misfortune. I cannot disclose anything else about it since it would be a disservice to the one who holds the patent and the process in their hands."

He looked crestfallen. It was almost like he wanted to get in on it and try to take it away from them.

Dr. Clayton continued on. "Now, there is the matter of the young lady who was brought to your skillful hands. What can you tell me about her condition?"

"I was going to mention that but I was sort of distracted. You could see what was happening when we had her chest open. The wounds healed a thousand times fast than I have ever seen. I would be willing to bet that the blood flow had practically ceased before you ever had her loaded up on the lifeflight. The healing was probably hindered by the packing you placed in the wound but only slightly. Once we removed it, the healing sped up. Even as we were closing her chest, we could see the bones of the ribs knitting together and the skin over it scarring itself closed as we were trying to staple it shut. We had to remove the staples just as soon as we had finished placing them all. This young lady has the most incredible body I have seen. We were pumping her full of blood as soon as she arrived, but it seemed that the body had already started a production of new blood cells even as we were putting it in. Her skin pallor returned to normal fairly quickly and all her vital signs stabilized before we even started to close the chest. We are going to keep her in a drug induced coma for a week to help her recover a bit slower. Who knows what sort of brain damage she has from the short time her brain was cut off from the major blood flow. But given what I have seen so far, I would doubt it greatly that it will occur. The trauma to her body is a very big reason why we want to keep her in the coma. After a week we will bring her out and see how she reacts." He said at length.

Dr. Clayton looked relieved to hear the news. She would at least be able to pass on the information to those back at the clinic. She was building a throbbing headache from all the excitement and she really needed to be able to relax. She thanked the surgeon for all his care, shook his hand and left with Marty.

They made their way to the waiting room where they figured that Ashley, Teresa and Sherri would be waiting to hear something from them. Sure enough, all three of them were there waiting. Ashley was the one who looked the worst for wear. Sherri's eye were completely red from crying and she was totally bereft of makeup from doing so. Dr. Clayton knew how much Sherri loved Jennifer and it was returned just as much from Jennifer. At least she had good news to tell them.

"Girls, we need to talk but it would be best if we didn't talk about it here. Let's go back to the clinic and talk. Just to ease your minds, Jennifer will live. She is not in danger anymore but there is more to it that we cannot talk about here. Let's go." She told them.

The three of them stood as one and followed the doctors out of the hospital to the waiting car with the clinic name that they had driven over a while before.

Once they were back at the clinic, they all went into their conference room and sat down. Dr. Clayton looked around at them and studied each one's face. Ashley's had relief written all over it since she knew that her sister would be ok. Teresa's was at peace, as if she knew it all along. Sherri's though was still worried and her eyes kept darting to the door, as if she wanted to run back to the hospital to be with her love.

Once that study period was over, she proceeded to tell them everything that the surgeon had told them and what they had seen in the operating room. All three girls were dumb-founded over what they had heard. It looked like there was going to be some other research done before the week was out. But all three girls were crying tears of joy over the news. Jamie was also relieved to have been able to tell them everything. She would have hated to have been the bearer of bad news.

After their little meeting was over, all three of the girls left and went back over to the hospital to visit Jennifer. By the time they got there, the normal visiting hours were long over with but they at least had the privileges since they were either family or lover. They went into the room that they had been guided to and looked in on the small seeming person lying on the bed. She was attached to many hoses, tubes and other various sundry parts integral to a hospital and a patient who is unable to care for themselves. Sherri bent over the bed and gave Jennifer a small kiss on the forehead. The other two settled into the provided chairs and kept vigil over the two on or by the bed. The night and week was going to be a long one for them.

Chapter 21 - Re-awakenings

A shout left my lips unbidden, "The kidnappers are back!" Then I became aware of my surroundings. I was lying on a bed, obviously a hospital due to the antiseptic smell that permeated the atmosphere. My heart was pounding swiftly from the adrenaline rush that I had been experiencing because of the dream re-enactment of my shooting. I remembered seeing the face of the man, from all those years ago, who had been one of the people who had kidnapped Ashley and I. He was the one who had been the sadistic jerk who had been scraping Ashley's skin, and then mine, to try to get the oil so that it could make them younger.

This was the face that has troubled my dreams from many years. I had been dreading him ever being released from prison and hoping he died there. But no, his crime had been a medically driven one and he never sexually molested either of us. Thank God for that.

A hand touched mine as I lay there, eyes closed, thinking about the shooting. I opened them to see Sherri standing there next to me. I squeezed her hand as a return of affection. I felt weak and slightly disoriented. I had no idea how long I had been unconscious but obviously it had been a very long time. I had no pain at all in my body, which surprised me. After being shot, my last thought was not being able to give Sherri one last kiss before I died. I never expected to wake up. It had to be the fact that I was working in a medical clinic and it happened right outside the door. I had always known about the special hour that a trauma patient had in which to receive treatment but with a gun shot victim, it would be even worse. I would hate to see the scars the bullet left in my body. I tried to smile up at Sherri but did not try to talk, since I still had the breathing tube in my mouth.

A couple of minutes later, Ashley, Teresa, Jamie and Marty all came into the room. Jamie was all business as she set about removing the tube from my throat. I had never liked those things and this time was no exception. I almost gagged as she pulled it out.

Up until this time, no one had said a word to me. It was all done in silence. I could still see the look of concern on their faces but that was a given seeing as to how I had been shot.

"Hi guys. Thanks for not letting me die." I told them.

Sherri looked at me deeply before saying anything. "Well, sweetie, I don't think you are going to be dying anytime soon. You're too tough to die. Besides, I hadn't been able to give you a kiss goodbye yet and that is one that you'll never get from me." I squeezed her hand again.

"How long was I in the coma this time? I don't hurt like I figured that a gun shot victim would. But then, I didn't expect to ever awaken. From the way I feel, it would have to be at least two to three months since the shooting. That would be about the time factor that I would figure that it would take for my body to heal from something like that." I said.

Everyone looked to Jamie. She stepped forward and sat down on the bed beside me. She took hold of the hand that Sherri was not holding and said, "It has only been a week since the shooting. Your body healed the wounds within an hour and a half of the shooting. You had the doctor who was operating on you fairly freaked out, you know that? Anyway, your healing factor is so much higher than anyone has ever thought possible. Just don't go thinking you are Superwoman because a clean head shot or one right through the heart just might mean the death of you yet. Marty and I were able to watch the wounds heal when you were on the operating table and let me tell you, I was a bit freaked out over it too." She paused for a second before continuing. "Now, what was this that you shouted when you woke up?"

I had almost forgotten about that with the news she had given me. "I recognized the shooter right before I passed out. He was the sadist that helped the kidnappers back when Ashley and I were kidnapped so many years ago. He was the one who had tried to scrape the oil out of my skin to see if he could create the fountain of youth with it. I had never forgotten his face over the years and I had been afraid what would have happened if he ever got out of jail."

Jamie looked concerned. "Ashley, do you remember seeing the face to the person who shot Jennifer?"

Ashley looked thoughtful for a moment. "I did see what was left of his face after the guard shot him, but I didn't recognize it from anywhere."

Jamie turned back to me, "Are you certain about that, Jennifer? It has been quite a long time since that happened."

"Yes, I'm certain about it. The face was a lot of years older but it was still recognizable as the one I had dealings with back then. One thing I inherited from Ashley then was a photographic memory and I have been replaying the pictures of the past and the one from the day I was shot and they match, even though there are age differences as well as what looks like the signs of a hard life. But it was him, completely. I'll even swear to it in court if I have to." I told her firmly.

She looked worried now. "I think we are going to have to talk to the police about this turn of events. They never gave us any indication of the identity of the shooter but I think we are going to have to force their hand. Marty, could you call the detective that is handling the case and have him come over to the hospital to Jennifer's room? I think he needs to take her statement now while she still has it fresh on her mind."

He nodded and left the room. Jamie was absorbed in her own thoughts for the time that it took Marty to place the call and return. As he re-entered the room, he said, "The detective told me he would be here in half an hour. When he asked what was going on, I told him that Jennifer had recognized the shooter in her case. He was going to drop everything and rush right over but he had to close some paperwork he was completing and would leave as soon as he was done."

We had a long wait. It took the detective more than an hour to get there and he looked kind of flustered. I guess the traffic must have been terrible. He was an older man, probably around fifty or so. He was thickening in the middle and his hair was graying and thinning rapidly. His face was lined and his eyes had a hard look to them. Almost as if he was jaded to most things that an ordinary person would think would be interesting. There was also a small look of brittleness to him that gave him a look of being ready to crack. It was obvious that he had been at his job for a long time and it was wearing on him. I think he will be up for retirement within another year or two. He almost looked like I did after more than 25 years on my old job.

He shook hands all around the room before approaching me at the bed. "Well, young lady, I hear that you recognized the person who shot you?" He asked me sweetly. He may have been tired at his job, but he had a way about him that put me at ease.

"Yes, sir. I did. He ran experiments on my sister and I back when we were eleven or twelve after we were kidnapped then. He was an employee of a laboratory who was supposed to be running tests on a substance my sister was producing and he got a bit greedy over it. Him and his employers and other co-workers were arrested and put in jail for a long time. But I had a very good look at his face before I lost consciousness. It was him. I will never forget his cold frozen expression as he scraped my skin. I cannot remember his name but I never forgot his face. If you wanted to look up the records for the case, I am sure that the police back in my old home town would still have them. I think he and his cronies were given ten to twenty years. I know they told them that they would serve at least ten years before they would be eligible for parole. It has been longer than that now." I told him.

He had been writing everything down as I had spoke. Over the next hour, he interviewed me and asked a few deeply personal questions that I did not really like but I answered them honestly. He never mentioned my previous life, but it might have been because he knew nothing about it.

Finally, he felt he had enough information to go on and he took his leave of us. I was trembling hard by that time because of the possibility of further attacks from the group. Sherri held my hand and stroked it softly to get me to relax and stop shaking. It had worked before when I was scared over something.

Before anyone could say anything else, there was a knock on the door. I don't think the person on the other side had expected to have six people holler out 'come in' at them before. In the door walked...

"Mom! What are you doing here?" Both Ashley and I asked her when we saw who it was.

"I heard one of my girls had been shot and almost died but I was not able to get out here as fast as I would have like to. Before I could leave, they told me that you would survive but would be in a drug induced coma for a week, so I postponed leaving until you were ready." She told us.

She was looking me over for a moment and sort of paid no attention to the fact that Sherri was still standing there holding my hand. Finally, she got a funny look on her face and held it for a second. Then she said, "You must be Sherri. Jennifer has told me so much about you and I must say, she certainly didn't flatter you with her description of you." She said it with a big twinkle in her eye.

"Mom!" I shouted. I was blushing bright scarlet with the embarrassment I was feeling right then.

Knowing Stephanie as well as I did, her goal was to embarrass me and then schmooze up to the one I was embarrassed about. Then become her best friend. This time proved to be a shock to me.

"Actually, Sherri, Jennifer really didn't come that close to describing exactly how beautiful you were. I must say this, if she has to be a lesbian, then I would say that you would be the best choice for her. She is a big girl and can make the decisions for herself. I will not be the old biddy and prevent her from living her own life. Sorry Jennifer, I didn't mean to embarrass you. You know how old habits are hard to break."

"I know mom, but geez; give me a break next time. You almost had me a permanent shade of red." I told her. Everyone else was laughing at the practical joke that had been paid at my expense. After I thought about it for a moment, I joined in. It was actually very funny.

* * * *

Since it was actually the weekend, I was able to relax but yet get up and wander around to rebuild the strength in my body again. I had never really been out of shape, since I had managed to exercise regularly for the last few years. I had never been in that good of shape before I had my little 'accident' but since I had a second chance, I made sure that I was not going to become complacent about my health.

It was Monday afternoon and I had Sherri sitting beside me and the rest of the clinic personnel were there too. They had closed the clinic early to celebrate my recovery and we were all chatting up a storm. We were interrupted by a knock on the door. The room went quiet.

"Come in," I hollered out.

In the door came a uniformed police officer. From his uniform, he was not a local police officer, sheriff deputy or highway patrolman. I looked as closely as I could at his badge and was able to make out the words, 'U.S. Marshall' in black lettering over the gold badge.

"Yes, Officer, what can we do for you?" I asked politely.

He turned toward me and said, "I am looking for Dr. Jamie Clayton. Where may I find her?"

Dr. Clayton stepped forward and announced, "I'm Dr. Clayton. What can I do for you, Officer?"

Standing stiffly, he reached into the briefcase he carried, pulled out an envelope. He handed it to her and said, "You have been served. Have a good day." Then walked out of the room.

Silence reigned as Jamie opened the envelope and read it silently. As I watched her, her face turned pale white as the blood left her face. Panic flew across her face as she passed one point of what she was reading. Then before anyone could react, her eyes rolled up in her head and she fell to the floor in a dead faint.

Needless to say, panic spread through the room at that. Marty ran to her side and checked her over. Someone else got hold of the paper that she had been reading before she fainted and was reading it.

"Holy Shit! Those bastards have really gone too far now." Was Teresa's exclamation.

Chaos ruled the room for quite some time. Jamie was revived and once she was coherent enough to comprehend what had happened, she burst out in tears. Marty held her as she cried.

The papers had finally made their way to me and I was reading them to find out what had happened. As I read, I felt my blood turning cold as I realized the implications of the papers.

It was a court ordered 'Cease and Desist' order. We were ordered by a Federal Court in Denver to cease and desist the sexual transformations of any and all transsexuals who were desiring to have a sex change. If Jamie continued the service, she would be put in prison for violation of the court order. Not to mention the fines that went with it. No small wonder she fainted. I felt on the verge myself.

The plaintiffs in the Order were all mentioned by name, with one exception. The one name most notedly absent was Dr. Marcie Bower in Trinidad, CO. But there was no small reason why. We had offered her the transformation quite a while ago at no cost. We offered the same to all medical professionals who had undergone surgery. All the doctors on the list had gotten together to ban us from ever using our service to make women out of former men. There were over 40 names on the list and there were several noted names from other countries that joined ranks trying to get us out of their pocketbooks.

To say the least, I had been expecting it from day one. I knew they would try some desperate measures to prevent us from taking business from them. I had expected a court battle to ensue. I was prepared for it. I pursed my lips and let out a shrill whistle to quiet the ongoing chaos. All heads turned to me and looked expectantly at me.

"If all of you that were with me from the beginning remember right, I told you that we could expect to have a battle ahead of us once the sex surgeons got wind of what we were doing. I have also taken liberty of contracting a lawyer who has been waiting for this day. He is waiting for the word." I looked at the stunned shock on their faces. "Ashley, will you hand me the phone?" I asked her.

It took me maybe five minutes to get in touch with the lawyer and gave him the 'go' on taking the fight to the surgeons. An injunction to permit us to continuing the transformations would be presented in less than an hour. The fight was on.

Chapter 22

Within half an hour of my call to the lawyer, he was in my room at the hospital looking at the documents that Jamie received. He was taken aback at the vehemence of the instrument. The doctors involved seemed to think they had the world by the tail, or the transsexuals by the penis, so to speak. They had the burden of proof of any wrong doings on our part. The lawyer, one J. Whitney Pratt (his name was so unusual when I first seen it that I felt I had to use him), got a sly grin on his face and told us, "They came loaded for bear but they will find that they have no precedence to stand on. Since they don't know the actual instrument of change, they will only make the point that the change was caused by a hazardous chemical and will seek to ban it from public use. Since Jennifer has confided in me about what has happened to create the change, I feel confident that I can get the injunction that will over rule the cease and desist order. I think while I am at it, I will have the court issue a cease and desist order against all the named doctors that will prevent them from operating on any patient in the future." He had a big smile on his face as a gasp left the mouths of all present but myself. This is why I liked this man. He was sneaky and very devious.

We had learned a lot about each other in the years preceding this visit. I had learned that this man used the law to the letter and he learned that I am not what I seem. He knew as well as I did that there was no precedence for this case and it would be one that would set the world on it's ears. No one could predict the outcome but I felt confident that it would be in our favor. He made his leave, taking the court document with him. It was only a matter of time before we would be hearing from him. Knowing him as well as I did, I think it would be a day or so before the Court would come to it's decision. In the mean time, there were other things that needed to be done. I still had to get out of the hospital.

Since Marty had been my doctor of choice and had taken over my care once I had come out of surgery after being shot, he was the one who discharged me from the hospital. We had a great celebration that night at home and personally, I was glad to be back in my familiar surroundings.

Sherri and I had a great time that night making up for lost time. My love for her had grown even more than I had loved anyone ever before. I wanted to be able to settle down and raise a family but one thing I wanted was to be able to have Sherri's baby. Unfortunately, that would never be possible. We would have to work out other methods. Artificial insemination was about the only way we would be able to have any children. Neither of us were interested in going to bed with any men in order to have their child. We were totally monogamous in our relationship. As much as I wanted to have a child now, I knew the best thing to do would be to wait until this whole mess with the surgeons was done with and the dust settled. Sherri and I had decided that I would have the first baby and she would have the next one a year later. We wanted four kids so we would alternate who has them and when. I could hardly wait.

A couple of days after Jonas went to the court, we received word that the local court had granted the injunction against the barring of us to work the transformations. Our practice reopened to cheers the next day. We had been out of work for four days total.

Jonas' filing of a Cease and Desist order had been granted locally but when it went to the court in Denver, it was over turned. We had expected that but at least it gave the surgeons something to think about before they tried anything foolish against us again. We would have a battle in court since they filed to overturn the injunction against them. Since we were the ones being persecuted, they would have to come to us. The courts would see to that.

The practice of transforming former men continued. We had settled down to a routine that had 32 people per day receiving treatment. In an average week, that meant over 150 people were seen in the clinic. We were getting busier than we had ever anticipated. We had a waiting list that had enough people on it to last us two years. There would be no way that we could see them all at once. Of all of us, Ashley was the one that was the busiest. She was kept running from room to room through the day. If anyone deserved the money we made from this, it was her. She was on the run day in and day out.

The fee that was charged was $20,000, which was more than any of the surgeons charged for the surgery but our service was more valuable than theirs. I had negotiated with Ashley and Teresa concerning the earned amounts for each of us. At first, we were sharing a 40/40/20% cut for each of us. With Ashley doing the lion's share of the work, I negotiated a 60/20/20% rate for the three of us. It was Ashley that made this whole thing work and without her, we would be without anything special in our lives.

For more than five years now, Teresa had been enjoying herself with her new found gender. She discovered after her change was complete, that her thought patterns changed and she became more female than she thought she would ever be. It had been so funny to see the young lady fuss over things that she had never before. I watched as her interest in sci-fi went to non-existent. She took an interest in flowers, children and became one of the biggest shoppers I had ever seen before. She was so funny to watch running around the malls trying on clothes without any intention to buy them. It never failed to amuse Ashley, Sherri and I to see this former male go at it.

I also found it quite interesting to see her fasten her eyes on a good looking man, lick her lips and go "Yum!" before going off to have a good time with him. She was turning into a near nymphomaniac sexually. She had discovered sex was something that was to not be ignored. She reported that her body was so much more sensitive than her old one had been. She had been having sex with women as well as men and reported both were satisfactory to her. I was certainly happy for her.

As the practice continued, I finally ran across a person that I had been afraid of ever meeting. She was one, who as a man, felt that female perfection was based on breast size. Up until that point, most of the people we had worked on felt that normal women had smallish sized breasts. The biggest we ever did was a D-cup but in the end, she had the build for it.

But Hallie Jameson wanted to be one of those women that just had to have the freakishly huge breasts. As she described her ideal woman to me in her interview, I cringed inwardly. If I looked like what she wanted to, I would have had breast reduction surgery. She wanted to be 5'2" tall, weigh 130 pounds but most of that weight was in breast tissue. She preferred 36" hips underneath a 22" waist. She wanted her bra base size to be a 36 but her bust size was to be 50".

Not certain if I wanted this person to experience the agony that I had heard of from people that had the huge breasts, I looked to other alternatives to try to talk her out of the whole thing. I had a flash of brilliance that startled me. Let her try them out first before a final decision was made. I had to advise her on further consultations with the people in charge about the unusual request.

That evening in the post day meeting, I brought up the request from Hallie. Most of my co-workers were aghast at the thought. Marty was the exception to the issue as I watched him think about the size and he got a stupid grin on his face. Jamie seen the look also and slapped him lightly on the shoulder to bring him out of the thoughts. I laughed at the typical maleness of his thoughts.

I told them, "What I wanted to propose to Hallie was that we give her the chance to try out the breast size and weight to see what she thought about it. I figure that if we get a pair of silicone breast forms that had the size and weight that she wanted and let her wear them for a week or so, she might change her mind. I know that the genetics would change her physical structure to suit the size but I want her to see how difficult it would be to live with breasts so large."

The discussion of the trial period went well and it was decided to give her the chance to try them out. A call was placed to a medical supply store where we checked to see if they had breast forms of that size. Fortunately for us, they did. It seems that the show business people love to have huge breasts in their shows. They always said, sex sells and big boobs are a big draw. We even managed to find a bra that would fit Hallie with the forms in. We even ordered a special glue that would let her experience the whole weight on her skin as well. We would not tell her about the back muscle problems she would have. Let her find out on her own.

The next day, the forms were delivered to the office and I gave a call to Hallie to come back in for a follow up visit. When she arrived, I had her brought into my office.

"Good afternoon, Hallie. I have to let you know that your request is rather unusual in nature. I have discussed this with my associates and they believe as well as I do that you might be making a mistake in this request." I started to tell her.

I could see anger flash in her eyes. She spoke up. "How can you or any of your associates judge what is a mistake to me. I am the one who is responsible for my life and how I live it. If you are not willing to do this for me, then I will seek help elsewhere!"

"Hallie, that is not what I am trying to say. Please calm down and let me explain." I tried to keep my voice level. "Now, what you might not be taking into consideration is the fact that breasts as large as you are requesting are heavy. It is a medical fact that most women that have breasts as large as what you want, all have some sort of back problems. What we would like to propose is a weeklong trial to see if this is really what you want to do. We would like this to be a mutually agreed upon thing and we prefer our clients to be happy in the end. This will even be at our expense too. We have taken the liberty of obtaining breast forms of the size and weight of what you would have as a final result of your transformation. If you would be patient with us and try them out for a week and give us your final decision, we will go with that. If this is what you decide to do, then so be it. Are you game?"

"Let me get this straight, you want me to wear some falsies for a week to see if I would like to have them permanently? How can that be realistic enough to take the place of real breasts?"

"Because, Hallie, these are of the type that most show business people use in order to have their breasts expanded to the size that is most pleasing to the industry. They will show you what it is like to have breasts so large. Are you willing to give it a try?" I asked her.

"Sure. I know what I will say in the end anyway. I'll play your stupid little game just to satisfy you. Let's go." She said in a decidedly superior voice.

"OK. Shall we step into the exam room? We will apply them there." I told her. Before she could reply, I left the office with her hot on my heels.

I led her into one of our treatment rooms and gave her a gown to put on. I left while she prepared herself. I decided to give her at least 15 minutes to prepare herself while I went and started preparing the forms.

These forms were so large and heavy that it was like trying to lift a sixteen pound bowling ball with one hand. I had to have help taking them into the room. I was not surprised to see the look of incredulity on Holly's face. I knew what was going to come next.

"Holy HELL! What are you going to do with those things?" She demanded to know.

I proceeded to put mine down on the prep table before turning to her. I looked her directly in the eye and said, "These are the forms that you are going to try out for the next week. They are sized to the point that would be comparable to the body dimensions that you want. Since you have a fairly large chest anyway, we had to do some very complex math to figure out what would be comparable to your current size and the projected size. This is what the computations showed."

"There is no way that you are going to put those...those monsters on me! They would kill me!" She said.

"Oh, come on now, you are the one that wants huge breasts. These are the exact same size that they would be if you get your way. Besides, after the process is complete, no matter what you try to do, your body would remain as it was. You would not be able to have any type of breast reduction surgery since your body would basically be locked as it was. You could have them reduced but they will be right back to where they were within a couple of months."

"Uh, I'm not so sure about this. I didn't bargain for this sort of thing." She said hesitatingly.

I knew this was what she would do. I had never met a woman that had huge breasts before and I had only seen them in pictures on websites or emailed to me as spam. To me, those sort of things are too weird for me. I preferred my small breasts in comparison to what I was holding. So, now was the time that I had to play my next hand.

"Now that you have had a chance to see first hand just exactly what you were wanting, are you willing to listen to alternatives?" I asked her.

"Yes, just as long as you don't make me wear those monstrosities. What do you propose?" She said in reply.

"Shall we go back into my office?" I asked her. "I will meet you there as soon as you are ready."

I went back in the office and sat down at the desk. I knew that she still had her heart set on large breasts but I also knew that she would not go for the giant globes that she originally thought about. I made some casual notations in her file for reference for her changes.

I looked up as Hallie came in to the office. I motioned her to sit down. When I was ready, I leaned back in my chair and steepled my fingers in front of my chin. "Have you made a decision yet?" I asked.

"Yes, I have. I know that I would look ridiculous with those things. But I really like large breasts on women and would like to have them myself. But I just don't know......" She trailed off.

"Let me offer this: for the size of body you are wanting, a D-cup would be plenty big. But to add a cup size to a DD would give you a manageable size without it being too big. I can guarantee you that you will attract a lot of attention with them and you will get your fair share of dates. Are you amenable to that?"

"I guess so. How would a DD look in size on the body frame I want?" She asked me.

"Well, let's see. Most men really don't know that much about the sizing issue with women's breasts. But what you have to do is use the base measurement of the woman's chest. That is the area just below the breasts. You measure that and then you measure the fullest part of the breasts. You take the two measurements and subtract the smallest from the largest. That is how you get your cup size. For each inch larger, you have one cup size. A DD-cup is five inches larger than the bra base size. For the actual breasts, they will look larger in the bra than they actually are. That is because the breasts sag normally because of the weight. That is normal." I tried not to lecture her but wound up doing so anyway. I felt guilty about it but I felt it would work itself out anyway.

"So, I would at least be able to have larger than normal breasts then?" I nodded in affirmance. "Then that is what I will take. I still want the body that I described with the changes we have discussed." She said.

"That is fine with me. I will put the final notes in your file. Before we set up your appointment for the final transformation, there are a couple of questions that I have to ask. They may be personal but they are absolutely necessary. If you feel uncomfortable with answering them, I will understand. The answers you give will be enlightening and I will explain the reason why afterward." I told her.

"Well, as long as they are not too personal, I don't mind." She replied back.

"Ok. The first question is, How would you place your sexual preference? To make it clearer, do you prefer men or women as your sexual partners?" I asked.

"You're not kidding it's a personal question. I am not sure I want to answer it." She told me.

"Hallie, I will explain about it after you answer it. It will come clear to you."

"Well, if you put it that way. To be honest, I cannot fathom sex with a man. You could call me a transgendered lesbian if you would like. I prefer women but not as a man." She told me.

"Thank you Hallie. For the explanation I promised, you can expect that your preferences will change. If you has said that men were your preference, then you would become a lesbian. But you have stated that you prefer women, then you can expect to prefer men after it all done." I said.

"How do you know this? This process has not been around long enough to be certain about that." She demanded to know.

"Ok Hallie. What I am about to tell you is something not many people know. But I am the first person changed by this process. I have lived with it long enough to know that the sexual preferences change. I enjoyed men back in the days that I was a post op transsexual. Then I was exposed accidentally to the process and I became the twin of my niece. I found out in time that I now preferred women rather than men. I have seen people who have gone through the process who claimed to prefer women and they wound up changing the preference to men. And loving it too. This is what you can expect. If you were completely bisexual, then you could expect to remain that way. We have had examples of that also. Do you understand now?"

"I guess. But what I don't understand is how can you be the first. I've heard that Teresa Johnson was the first one. Then Dr. Clayton was the next one. How long has this process been around?" She asked me, perplexed.

"It has been around for right around fifteen years. It had been kept silent for eight of those years. Mostly because we didn't know about the actual properties of it. We had thought that the first one on me was an accident but I eventually felt that an experiment was needed to test whether it had been an accident. Teresa was the next one, back when we were in college. Then Dr. Clayton was next. That is the honest truth of it." I told her.

"I see. Who were you before?" She asked.

"Hallie, that is something that I cannot tell you. My records are for the person I am now and I prefer you to never say anything to anyone. I have the responsibility to keep your records confidential, so I must ask you to keep mine confidential. Besides, in order to be sent through the process here, you will have to sign a non-disclosure statement. That will mean that nothing you hear or learn here can be disclosed outside this clinic. You can talk about your change, if you want, but you cannot talk about how it happened. If you do break the disclosure, you can be prosecuted. This process is patented and will remain a secret until we are ready to divulge it to the general public. I give this warning to anyone who wishes the process and so far, we have had a 100% success ratio. Please don't fail me. Are we understood on this?"

"Yes, Dr. Martin. I understand it completely." She said.

"Fine. Now, the other question I had was: Are you mentally ready for the changes that are to come? I mean, this is not going to be an easy process to go through. You will be losing a lot of weight as well as bone mass and in your case, a considerable amount of height. You are a big person and to lose everything you will have to lose to get to your profile body, you will undergo at least a month where the body starts shedding that material it doesn't need. The easiest part will be the losing of age. We have a standard age we regress people to and you will be doing that first as well as some external changes to prepare your body. Mostly, the internal changes will come in the final three months with the first two the hardest. Since you have not had the genital surgery, your change will take the full year. If you had had the surgery, you would get six months. Nothing less than the year in your case." I told her.

"I feel that I am prepared as much as I can be. I'm nervous about it, but hey, I wouldn't be here if I weren't ready for it completely. It took all the nerves I could muster to sign up for the program through my primary doctor. Now that I'm here, I'm ready. I don't care about what it takes to go through the change, since its something that I'm not able to change about it. I am excited about the age change though. It will give me a few more years to enjoy this. Once I had heard about the process, I felt that I had to do it instead of going through the SRS. This is infinitely better." Was her reply.

"Ok, one last question. Are you ready to schedule your appointment?" I asked her.

"YES! Oh, please, yes. Let's do it." She said excitedly.

"All right. Let me see here." I turned my attention to the scheduling computer to see what I had. "I have an opening for 3:15, 3:30, 4:30 and 4:45 tomorrow. Take your pick for whichever you want."

"If that is the earliest that you have, I'll take the 3:15 appointment if that is ok." She replied.

I made the notations that put her down for 3:15. "Ok, its yours. Please be sure to be here at least half an hour before that so we can prep you for the treatment. Now, do you have any questions for me?"

"No, I don't. But I doubt that I'll get much sleep tonight from the excitement of having my dreams come true."

"Ok, one last business item and that is the payment. We do require payment before services are rendered. We don't take insurance yet but we're working with all the major insurance companies to become an authorized provider. Some of them we have no hopes of ever doing it but we have high hopes for others. But right now, we are only taking cashiers checks for the payments. Are you ready for that?"

"Yes, I am prepared. I have been waiting for that." She reached into her handbag and pulled out an envelope and placed it on my desk.

I picked it up and opened it. Inside was a cashiers check for $20,000. "Ok. Let me get you a receipt and then you're free to go." I filled out the receipt for her and handed it to her along with some paperwork that explained a bit about the process and what to expect along what time lines. I shook her hand as she rose to leave and she left the office a happy person. I could tell by the bounce in her step. I settled back in my chair to contemplate the whole business with her. I just hope that I never ran into another person so insistent on the things she wanted. I would hate to see the unhappy person that did get stuck with basketball breasts. I had had enough for one day.

I closed my office, took the check to Teresa for depositing. I advised her that I was going home early since I was still a bit tired. It had still only been three weeks since my shooting and I found that I still got tired easily. A security guard escorted me out to my car and waited until I had left the area before he went back inside.

On the way home, I was totally absorbed in my thoughts as well as fighting off the sleep that was trying to take me over. I was yawning widely by the time I pulled in front of my condo. Fortunately, I did not have that far to go to get to my bed.

As I approached my door and prepared to insert the key into the lock, I heard the approach of running feet. Since runners were not unusual in the area, I didn't pay too much attention to the sound. At least until the running stopped. I had barely started to turn around when my head exploded in pain before I slid into unconsciousness.

Chapter 23 Attacked again

As I slowly started to come around, I was besieged with the agony that permeated my head. I needed to get some aspirin to quell it. I must have hit my head on something before I passed out.

As I became clearer in respect to my surroundings, I noticed that my arms were stiff and my hands were numb. The same went for my legs. When I tried to move my arms, the pain shot up my arms from something tightening on my wrists. That startled me into opening my eyes quickly to look at what was on them. What I saw surprised me. Both my wrists were tied to my bedposts. I was in my bedroom, inside my condo. What was going on now?

As I was looking around to see what was going on, a strange man came into the bedroom. He was fairly tall, probably a good 6'3" to 6'4" and had dark hair. He had to have weighed a good 250 pounds and none of it looked like it was fat. I could not see much of his face through the heavy beard he wore. I could see hate written in his eyes. I could not help but wonder what he had to hate me for.

"Ah, I see you are awake. Sorry about the rough greeting, but I had to be quick and make sure your neighbors didn't see anything." He paused briefly. "You have been a very naughty girl Jerrie. Not only did you not die, you caused one of my very dear friends to die. Not. Nice. At. All. Now, you must be truly punished. Because of you, I and several of my friends spent quite a number of years in jail paying for trying to make life better for the rich. But now, here you are trying to make life better for a group of people that really don't deserve it. They cannot afford what you really can offer them. That is why we wanted to find out what you and the brat niece could do. But do we get thanked? NO! WE GET THROWN IN PRISON TO ROT OUR LIVES AWAY!!!" He was practically frothing as he screamed those words at me.

I was starting to get scared. This man was huge and imposing. I could not think right and was trying to figure out some way to get away from him. Then it dawned on me that I had a way right inside my head. I made use of it.

'Ashley, Teresa, Jamie, anyone! Please help me. I have a strange man who knocked me out and tied me to my bed. I don't know what he wants with me but he says I need to be punished. I think he was with the person who shot me. Get help fast!' I screamed in my mind.

Before I could receive any answer from them, the man stepped up beside me, sat down on the bed then slapped me hard on the face. That dimmed my sight for a moment until the ringing in my ears stopped.

He yelled at me, "Pay attention when I'm talking to you, bitch. I will not have you ignoring me while I am talking to you." He proceeded to gain my full attention when he pulled the knife out from behind his back. "Now, it time for your lessons. Think you're such a high and mighty little bitch, with your medical clinic and helping all those perverts get what they want? Not by a long shot. You're still one of those perverts, no matter what skin you wear these days."

He took the knife and brought it to my throat. I was expecting it to slice my neck open but he only sliced my clothes down the front. He made sure that he got my bra also. Once he had completely cut my clothes off me, he started playing with his crotch.

"Fine body you've got for a pervert, you know? Much better than I had anticipated. Makes for a bonus before I kill you like you deserve. It'll also be partial payment for all the years I spent without being able to satisfy myself while I was in prison." He said, practically drooling.

I continued to just lay there saying nothing or doing nothing. I did not care to provoke him any more than he was already. Inside, I was screaming my head off for Ashley, Teresa and Jamie.

For my inattentiveness, I received another blow to the head. Only this time, it was a doubled up fist backhand to the right side of my face. My vision swam gray on me for several minutes before returning.

I could feel him kneading my breasts roughly. Contrary to my wishes, my nipples reacted by growing hard. I felt disgusted with myself for not being able to control my body that well. He continued his 'playing' with my body. As he reached my crotch, I screamed loudly but to no avail as he silenced me almost immediately by stuffing my ruined panties in my mouth. Then to add insult to injury, he tied it in place with my ruined pantyhose. Then proceeded to finish what he started.

I thought at first all he was going to do was feel me over but I was wrong. He stood up, unzipped his pants and exposed his hugely swollen cock. Without any further ado, he climbed on top of me and entered me roughly. Since I had never had sex with a man since my transformation, my hymen was still intact and it ruptured with a screaming pain. I was not lubricated at all and his size hurt me massively. I continued yammering in my head for all three of the people I had been calling on. I received no reply from any of them. I have no idea how long he kept up his rape of me but in between strokes, he started pummeling my body. If I survived this time, I was going to me a mass of bruises. He groped my breasts roughly, clawed at them with his fingernails and finally took his knife and started moving the blade around them. My fear reached a crescendo and I started bucking wildly to try to dislodge him from above me but it was futile. He was too big to budge.

I could tell that he was enjoying the ride, since it made him move quicker. One last doubled fist to the face sealed my eyes shut from the swelling. I felt a bone shift around my eye and I knew that he had broken my cheekbone. All this time, his cock continued to stroke inside me. My vagina had grown wet out of self preservation and he moved easier in me.

I was flowing tears by this time and I finally detached my mind from the sensations I was feeling. I drew back to a world of my own creation, one where this was not happening and one where I would feel no pain. In such a place, I never heard the police enter the room.

Chapter 24

The first thing that I remember after that was the gag being pulled out of my mouth. Not knowing what was going on, I started screaming as loudly as I could. I felt a hand cover my mouth but briefly. That sent me into hysterics, during which I discovered that I could move. I couldn't see anything and my reactions were that I flung myself bodily away from the touch. Still screaming, I knocked over a lot of items and finally wound up in a corner someplace in my room. I cringed and cowered away from any touch I felt. I screamed until I was hoarse and finally could only gasp for air.

It was then that I realized that I was hearing a soothingly female voice telling me that it was going to be ok. I groped for the voice and made contact with a smooth, female hand. I nearly yanked the arm out of a socket pulling the person to me, where I clung tightly to her. I bawled hysterically once I realized that I no longer had that man riding me. All the while, the voice told me that I was going to be ok.

Here I sat, naked as the day I was born, clinging to this person, not even knowing who she was. I was whispering Sherri's name as loudly as I could. I wanted her so badly. I hurt all over my body and all I could think was that Sherri would never want soiled goods. I was soiled in the most extreme manner.

I heard my savior call out, "Does anyone know of a Sherri? She is calling for Sherri."

I heard a male voice call back, "We'll see if there is someone downstairs who knows the name." The voice set me to shaking even harder than I had been. I would never be able to trust a man for a long time, if ever. Right then, all I wanted was to be holding on the Sherri and wrapped in her comforting arms.

Several minutes later, I heard footsteps on the stairs as someone ascended them. I heard a gasp at the door. "Oh my God, what did he do to her?" It was Sherri!

I bawled even harder when I heard her voice. I flung off the person I was clinging to and tried to crawl to Sherri. I couldn't see her but I could hear her. I knew the room well enough that I made it to her feet fairly quickly and pulled her down to my level. I clung to her tighter than I had the other woman while shook and cried. I could feel her running her hand over my head and whispering sweet nothings to me. I would not release her no matter what.

"Jennifer, we need to get you to the hospital. You're hurt pretty badly and the police need to take evidence photos. No one will hurt you. We need to put you on a gurney and take you out. Will you do this for me?" She asked me.

I shook my head no at the same time as saying yes. My thoughts were jumbled and I did not really realize how badly hurt I had been. I could not see and my face was utterly numb. Various other parts of my body were points of severe pain. I was guided to something and lay down on what was obviously the gurney. I was covered with a warm blanket and I felt the gurney being moved swiftly. I knew I was being taken out of the house and to a hospital.

For the second time in about three weeks, I was going to a hospital. This time though, I was awake and knew what was going on. As scared as I was, I was also starting to think again and what I was thinking was not nice thoughts. That man had to suffer for what he did to me. And I knew just exactly what I wanted to do to him. I would bide my time and I would approach the people I trusted more than anything in the world with my idea. I thought they would love it.

In the mean time, I was loaded up in the ambulance and Sherri rode with me to the hospital. She was holding my hand the whole time. I felt comforted by her presence and was content to have hold of her hand.

We took off with a screaming lurch and while the ride was rough, it was quick. The siren was cut off as we slowed down. We came to a complete stop and I heard the doors opening. I could also hear men's voices talking and it caused me to start shaking again. Sherri never let go of my hand all the way into the hospital. The staff told her to let go so they could work on me but she refused. I was glad of that. I probably would have started screaming the minute she let go. As far as I was concerned, she was going no where.

I could hear some police officers talking to the hospital staff about the preservation of evidence and I knew what they were meaning. My body was going to be preserved photographically to show the damage that had been done to it. The particles of DNA, semen, and whatever else they could find was going to be preserved. I would be gone over with a fine toothed comb before I was turned loose to the doctors.

I whispered to Sherri, "No men, please, no men."

She bent over to my ear and whispered back, "You can count on it, sweetie. I'll make sure that no man touches you. They are good people and know what they are doing. I haven't seen any men around you so far. This hospital has attended rape victims before and they are well versed in what most victims are comfortable with. You will be safe here. I love you and I will be here for you."

"Thank you sweetie," I whispered to her. I gave her hand a squeeze as counterpoint to what I said.

I heard footsteps coming closer to where I lay. The sound of a curtain being drawn was very close. I knew they were coming to start working on me.

A female voice said, "Jennifer, sweetie, we have to make sure we can get enough evidence to convict this creep. So, we have to work on you with our evidence kits. It will not be pleasant for you but we will be as careful as we can. If we hurt you in any way, I apologize for it now. We just have no choice in it. Your girlfriend will remain here with you as your support. I'll try to tell you what we are going to do before we do it, so that you will not be caught unawares. If you're ready, nod your head for me."

I nodded. Although I was afraid of things, I had to be brave.

They set about taking pictures of me from all angles. I could catch flashes of light whenever they clicked the shutter of the camera. There were a lot of those.

The many poking and proddings as well as the probing of my vagina bothered me to no end. I hated it, but I knew that it was necessary. I wanted this man convicted of this brutal violation of my personal space. THEN I would make him pay. My personal vengeance was going to be just.

After quite a while, I was finally turned over to the doctors so that they could begin my treatment. I was finally covered with a sheet to help my modesty. The whole evidence thing made me feel like it was a second violation to me. I knew the reason behind it but that did not mean that I had to like it.

The doctors worked gently on me, mindful of the trauma I had been through. They worked as quietly as they could so as not to upset me. I could hear men's voices but none were close to me.

After a while, I no longer cared about what they did. I signaled Sherri to come closer to me. When she did, I told her, "Honey, I'm really tired. I need to go to sleep." Without waiting for an answer from her, I did exactly that. Or so I thought.

Chapter 25

This time, upon awakening, I felt a lot of pain through my body. I hurt from head to toe and lying the way I was even hurt my back. As I opened my eyes, I was surprised that I could open them. My vision was blurry but I could see. I could also see Sherri sitting next to me, sound asleep.

I smiled with love at her. I knew she could not see me, but I smiled regardless. I just had to wake her up. "Hey sweetie, wake up." When she did not stir, I repeated it louder. This startled her enough to wake her up.

Once she realized who it was making the noise, she smiled. "Good morning, sunshine. Welcome back to the land of the living. You really need to stop scaring us like you do. I'm not going to live to be thirty if you keep it up." She said.

"What do you mean, hon?" I asked her.

"What I mean is that you were supposed to go to sleep, not die on us." She said it with a total calm face. There was no hint of a joke there.

What do you mean I died?" I asked her incredulously.

"Your heart stopped and you stopped breathing. The doctors nearly panicked when that happened. They fought long and hard to revive you and finally they did. You have been in intensive care for the last week. They were not going to let you go without a fight and for a while, it was touch and go. Once they were able to stabilize you, your healing factor finally took over and started fixing you up. We had expected it for a while before that but it was theorized that because of your gunshot wound and the healing it took for that depressed the healing factor somewhat. But you are doing quite well now and depending on how you do, they might let you go in a week."

"Oh, my God, I really died? That really scares me. I hope there is never a next time. I may not recover. I almost think I'm going to have to go into hiding. These people seem to have a vendetta against me. Before he raped me, he told that that I wad to be punished for getting his friend killed. His friend was the one who shot me." I told her.

"After all that has happened to you, all of us are starting to become a bit nervous. There has been talk about finding a place that we can all live in a secure environment. Jamie and Marty are looking for a place for all of us now. They have the hopes on a building that can be used for the clinic as well as a residential complex. That way, it can be secure at all times and no one will have to go out of the building if there are problems." She looked at me with tears in her eyes. "I am afraid that the next time will take you away from me."

"Honey, I'm not going anywhere. You are stuck with me forever. That is, if you still want me. I am no longer what could be called 'untainted'. I am soiled goods and nothing more." I stopped talking, remembering the rape and the beating I took. I didn't want to look at my body for fear of being disfigured.

"Don't you EVER say anything like that again, young lady!" Sherri said explicatively. "You are not soiled goods. Soiled goods are dirty laundry and you are not dirty and you are not laundry. You are a human being who was violated in the cruelest manner ever conceived of. Just don't go there with me. I am not leaving you for any reason, especially now." She said the last with a lot of emphasis.

"Thank you for that. I don't know what I would do without you, myself. I find myself blessed from the day I found you and I never, ever want to be without you." I told her.

She crimsoned prettily and said, "Aw, sweetie, that's beautiful. You are stuck with me forever. Just wait until you get out of here. You are in for the time of your life." She stood up, walked closer to the bed and bent over and kissed me.

I would like to say that I drug her down to the bed and made passionate love to her but to be honest, I hardly had enough strength to lift my head to kiss her. Mostly, I would not have wanted to think about sex at all. The rape was still WAY too fresh in my mind. It was going to take a long time for me to ever get over it.

During the day, I had a stream of visitors that came to pay their respects and their well wishes. I was even paid a visit by Hallie. She was a little sad about what had happened to me and was somewhat subdued over the prospect that what happened to me could happen to her in the future. It was an issue that all women had to face in their lives.

The one part of the day that I didn't enjoy was when two female detectives came into my room and shooed everyone but Sherri out. Then they interviewed me about that day. The last thing I wanted to do was relive that day. I tried as hard as I could to remember every detail but there were parts that I did not remember at all. That was the time frame that I had detached my mind from my body to avoid any pain and get away from the rape.

From the things they told me, I had to assume that the creep had carved his name all over my body with his knife, as if he were claiming me as his property. I dreaded the thought of ever looking at my body again. I would hate to see his name written in my flesh.

I must have had a strange look on my face at that point because the detectives told me that there was no physical evidence that anything was ever there. That was a relief to me. The physical evidence was gone but the mental evidence was still present. I would have that for the rest of my life.

When the detectives wound up their interview with me, I felt I had to ask a question of them.

"I'm curious about one thing: What has the creep said about the episode?" I asked them.

"To be honest, I really shouldn't tell you. You are not in the best of condition mentally to take what he said," was the reply I was given.

"I don't care what my condition is, I have the right to know what he said!" I nearly yelled at them, then apologized for my outburst.

"Honey, you have nothing to apologize for. There are two traumas against you in less than a month. You're holding up better than most women would. But to answer your question, I still feel that it is against my better judgment to even mention anything. But here goes: He told us that you had invited him in to your house to party. He told us that you asked him to tie you up since you were a submissive whore and that you wanted it rough. He even said that you asked him to beat you and, quote, 'fuck you like the piece of trash you were,' unquote. He also said that you invited the rest of his friends over for a party later. That is about all we got out of him so far." She told me.

To hear these words, raised my dander to the point that I was close to tears but for some reason, my tears never came. I did sit up and looked them right in the eyes. "If that low-life piece of shit has the gall to say that I ASKED him into my house so that he could, quote, 'fuck me like the piece of trash I was,' unquote, then I would really like him to really try when I get through with him. He will be begging for mercy from me and I will not give it to him!" I was seething inside and it showed on my face. I was not going to take anything like this from him. I now knew exactly what I had to do, even though I knew I would never get sanction to do so. I would be no better than a vigilante if I did. But at that point, I didn't really care. I would get my revenge. I would also abuse a trust that might be a breaking point to several relationships that I have built over the years. Only time will tell.

Chapter 26

For the next couple of months, I was very bitter and angry. I wasn't doing well at work since having to deal with anyone who was mostly male still, made things difficult to handle. I joined a rape victim support group to help me with the support that I needed since no one really knew what it was that I had gone through. My relationship with Sherri was semi- strained but she was patient with me. It was hard when I did not want to intimate with her and to be touched genitally was enough to send me into fits.

Arguments started growing between us and our relationship went into a sort of tailspin. Finally, I felt that it was time to talk to all the people I was involved with. That meant that I would have to talk to Ashley, Teresa, Jamie, Marty, and Sherri more than anyone else. We got together at the condo one Saturday afternoon for a get together. I wanted to make things easier on them since they knew how tense I was. Once we had all eaten the barbecue I had prepared, I felt it was time to talk.

I started, "I know all of you have been treading eggshells with me for the past few months but I feel it is time to level with you what I need to do. I have been angry at not being able to do something to protect myself from the two incidents, even though I had no idea either one would happen. I almost died on both of them and it is hard to face the mortality of my life because of it.

"I have a deep burning desire for retribution against the person who raped me but to do so, I will have to do it with the assistance of several people. Which involves all of you." Before I could continue, I was interrupted.

Marty was the one who interrupted. "Jennifer, I think I know what it is that you want to do but I think that it is a bit unethical to do so. Let the law take care of it. You don't have to involve us nor do you have to turn vigilante to do it. He will get his just desserts in time. Just let the law handle it. Please?"

Silence reigned for a moment. Jamie looked at him and said, "What are you two talking about?"

Marty spoke up. "Jennifer wants to take the law into her own hands and rake retribution on the man who raped her. I am not sure if she wants to kill him or what..."

I spoke up then, "Oh no, Marty, you have never been so far from the truth. I would never kill another human being. No matter how much I hate the bastard, I would never kill him. I want him to suffer like he has never suffered in his life. What I want to do is transform him into a woman and then have him raped, so that he will know what it is like to be helpless while someone has his way with him. That is what I want to do to him!"

That shocked everyone silent.

Ashley was the one who spoke next. "Jen, sis, there would be no way you could get my cooperation for this plan. But if there was another alternative, I would help you do it. I don't know of any other alternative to serve your punishment on him. He deserves it, yes, but you will go to jail for forcibly changing him. That is not what you would want to do with your life. You have a promising new career ahead of you and you cannot throw it out the window in anger like this."

"Oh, I don't plan on throwing my life away. I want him to pay for what he did to me. I don't care how it happens but I WANT HIM TO PAY!" I ended screaming.

A quiet voice spoke up. Everyone turned their heads to Teresa. "If you want him to pay, have the court make him transform. They can order it as his punishment for his crime. I am sure that we can work out the legal aspects with the district attorney to present to the court. As a matter of fact, it may be a way to expand the business somewhat. Offer the services as a punishment for rapists or child molesters, maybe wife abusers or even murderers. It might save lives too." She said.

I could only sit and stare at her. I had never thought about that. I could only think about a vengeance that would have implicated several others in my own crime. It would have made me no better than the person who raped me. Maybe there was merit in Teresa's suggestion. I hung my head in shame over the thoughts of committing a crime nearly as heinous as what had been perpetrated on me.

Teresa continued, "I am not certain about the mental aspects of the change but I think if Ashley was to concentrate on the type of woman that a specific person was to wind up being, it would possibly make the punishment even more dramatic. Think about it, if the person was a bullying egomaniac or possibly megalomaniac, then turn him into a tiny, very flighty woman who could not think clearly for herself. It would require some very extensive experimentation on her part to see if it could be done. So far, all we have done is make a woman into the image requested by the man being changed. Maybe there is more that can be done. Ashley, if you were to have a volunteer to perform on, would you be willing to try?"

She looked contemplative for several moments. "If someone would be willing to go with the results, I would be willing to try. But since this is a new thought to me, I would have to be very careful about my concentration when I changed someone or I might wind up making them into the image that I'm not trying to create. Give me time to work out the logistics of the idea but in the mean time, work on finding a volunteer. Then I'll try. But not until I am ready."

Teresa turned to the rest of us. "Are we all agreed upon this course of action? It might give Jen some peace of mind to know that we are with her in this and of our own free will but only that it is done legally. We will not turn ourselves into criminals."

All the rest of them agreed with Teresa. I was still ashamed for my criminal thoughts but I am sure that nobody would blame me for them. A mental nudge of warmth flowed through my mind. A wink from Teresa told me that she knew what I was thinking. I pinked in embarrassment knowing that I had been caught thinking negative thoughts. My support group had been telling me that negative thoughts were counter productive to healing myself from the rape. Now that I had something else to concentrate on, I could at least turn myself towards healing my spirit.

Chapter 27

While the plans to create the correct type of woman continued in research, I tried to get back to work. It was rather difficult to do knowing that I might be having a part in creating what might be the ultimate bimbo. Or maybe something worse than a bimbo, the ultimate submissive. Only time will tell.

If I had ever been a workaholic I my old life, I became more of one now. I would be at the clinic before sunrise and stay until well after dark. I purchased myself a gun and acquired a permit to carry it concealed. I had never really liked guns but I found myself too scared to be without some sort of protection. I hated that feeling worse than anything else in my life. I had always considered myself invincible but my two attacks proved to me that I was not.

One day, three months after my meeting with my friends and family, Teresa came into my office. She had a happy grin on her face. I was on the phone talking to a candidate and I motioned for her to sit down and that I would be right with her.

Once I was through with my call, I looked at her and said, "Where did you get the happy pill. I could use some right now."

She smiled even more. "I found a perfect candidate for our experiment. He is wanting to become his wife's slave but she feels that he is to dominating to be a submissive slave to her. So, he agreed to try the process, knowing that he would never be able to go back to being a man after it was done. Would you like to be the one to do the full interview?"

I contemplated for a moment. "Actually, I think that Ashley would be the best one to do that. It will at least give her a good idea as to what the person wants and to see if she would be able to adjust things enough to make it an extreme change. I think that she needs to work on an ultra feminine model. Maybe a chromosome pattern of XXX instead of a normal XX. I have heard stories of girls being born with a third X chromosome and they are frighteningly ultra feminine. These girls are not aggressive and when they grow older, they are the ultimate mothers. Just the opposite, men who have an extra Y chromosome are the most aggressive and psychopathic killers around. Tell Ashley this and have her research it. It may be the clue to achieving the results we are wanting."

Teresa looked at me incredulously. "There are such things in the world? I know most killers have some sort of defect that caused them to be so aggressive and such but I never knew about the extra chromosome. It looks like I'm going to have to do some research myself. How did you know about this sort of thing?"

I gave her a look of exasperation. "Sweetie, when you have been around as long as I have, you learn things like this. Also, it was in one of the courses I took while we were going to school. I just have a leg up on others when it comes to things like this."

"Ok, Miss Smarty Pants, I'll pass the word on to Ashley and let her take it from there. If she has any questions about it, I'll have her come and ask you about it herself. In the mean time, I'll send our guinea pig to her when she can schedule him in." She said. She turned to leave the room but I stopped her.

"Teresa, just curious, is our man taking hormones?" I asked her.

"He sure is. He has been taking them for at least a year and his wife feels they're not doing enough to feminize him." Was the reply.

"Ok. Thanks. I'll talk to you later about it. Have Ashley come and talk to me when she is done with her interview."

"Ok. See you later Jen. It's good to see you back in better spirits." She said before departing.

If only she knew how I was doing. I was putting up a great false front. I would see this through and then I was going to get some therapy to help me settle back down to my old self. But then I figured that there might not be any way to be my old self again. I had been hurt too deeply when I was raped. The mental scars would be with me for the rest of my life. I sighed, knowing that my absolute innocence was taken from me at a cost greater than I was really willing to pay.

Chapter 28

I was so happy a month after the rape that I did not wind up pregnant. It would have been my luck to have wound up pregnant and then had to have an abortion. As it was, I was scarred vaginally because of the tearing of the tissues caused by his huge dick. I also found out that he did not have AIDS, which had been a major relief for me. I was also lucky that he had no other STDs that could have ruined my love life.

By the time six months were over after the rape, I was nearly back to normal emotionally. My relationship with Sherri was back on line and I was enjoying a healthy sex life again. She was so tender with me that it was almost like she was afraid I would split open and she wouldn't be able to put me back together again.

I had started taking a more aggressive part in the love making and Sherri was almost taken aback by it. She once told me that it was almost like a man had taken over. I could not help myself. I had been without the intimate touch of my lover that I was almost desperate for the attention.

Another reason that I was becoming so aggressive was that I had been watching the progress of our experimental transformation. She was coming along nicely with her mental changes. I had specified with Ashley that the mental change had to come first and then the body changes were secondary. I wanted the person submissive to everyone within three months for the start.

Ashley had been able to experiment with the third X chromosome and was able to splice it into the genetic strain of the oil that would produce our submissive slave model. If this all worked out, then we would be able to go forward with our offer to the court for my rapist.

I still wanted to punish him for what he did but I know that it would not be good to do that because of the possibility of the criminal aspect of it.

By this time, the medical group, consisting of myself, Ashley, Teresa, Sherri, Jamie and Marty had former a partnership and purchased a building that could be used as a clinic and residency for all of us. I sold my condo with pleasure. There were no longer any good memories in it for me. I sold all my furnishings with it since I had to distance myself away from anything that HE might have touched. I bought all new furniture with Sherri right before we moved into our new residence in the building. For the first time in months I felt secure and I could relax.

In the seventh month after the rape, I was subpoenaed to go to court to testify against the rapist. I had known that he would have his day in court and I was extremely nervous about facing him. The trial had been set for the following week on Monday and I had to get with the DA to go over the case. I knew he was going to be careful with me but I had to worry about the defense attorney. The DA told me that he had successfully defended quite a number of rape cases and was known as a real hard ass to the victims. I had to steel myself against him. I had to tell things as they happened and not let him fluster me.

The weekend before the trial, I got together with the rest of my associates and talked to them about our plans for the rapist. I had never learned his name all those months after the rape but in talking to the DA, I had found out his name. It was Richard Cawley. I could not help but think of him as 'Big Prick'. I would have to be careful during the trial and make sure that I didn't make the mistake of calling him that.

During my get together, I asked Ashley, "How is our experiment coming along?"

Ashley replied, "She is coming along great. As expected, the extra X chromosome has completely mellowed out her temperament. She is so girly right now that it is harder to distinguish her from someone who had been born female. We have seen a lot of changes in many of the people we have transformed into XX females but this case is so much more extreme than them. In comparison, you are nearly a man in mannerisms. And you're not even the slightest bit mannish. I would not have believed it if I hadn't done the research you had suggested. But right now, the physical changes are starting and I expect that by the time she is completed, she will only be about 4'10" tall and weigh less than one hundred pounds. She will be weaker than a normal woman is, but very willing to please anyone. Hell, she's already that way but it may even be further enhanced once she starts menstruating. She is flighty when around too many people and has a tendency to move away into a quiet corner where she can try to gather her thoughts."

"Do you think you are ready enough that we can make an offer to the court about the punishment of 'Mr.' Cawley?" I asked her.

"I think I can do it again without too many problems. We just have to make sure that he is on hormones for at least six months before we do the treatment. Or we can have it hurried along by tripling his dosage and cut it back to two months. Either way, we have to have a hormone level of a girl in puberty. But I would say yes, I think we can make the offer to the court." She said.

"Thank you, Ashley. Marty, Jamie, would you two care to be in the meeting with the court and the attorneys with me? I need to have you make the offer for me. It would look better if it did not come from me. I am too close to the situation to have it look like anything other than vengeance against him. I think we need to present it to the DA so that he can make the presentation to the court. But the two of you need to be present at the meeting to give the air of medical professionalism. Will you do this for me?"

They looked at each other, excused themselves from the room to discuss it between themselves. It was several minutes before they returned.

Marty acted as the spokesperson and said, "Jennifer, we will be there to make the presentation. But if asked where the idea came from, we will not lie to the court and we will tell them the idea came from you. If we are not asked, we will not have to lie. But the answer is yes, regardless."

"I cannot ask for anything more. I won't ask you two to put your ethics on the line and lie for me. I wouldn't be able to feel comfortable in doing that to you." I told them.

I turned to the last two people in the room. "Teresa, Sherri, with you two, you will have the hardest job yet. I will need you both in the courtroom as my security blanket. Sherri, I want you beside me the whole time. I have been told that the defense has requested that all the witnesses be sequestered away from the courtroom and each other until called. Teresa, I want you in the courtroom giving me a live feed through our mind connection. I want to know what goes on at all times. I don't want any surprises that I cannot handle. It is the only way to make sure of it. If the defense pulls a nasty trick, I don't want to be unaware of it. We won't tell anyone at all about our mind connection. We cannot even let them guess that it exists."

Teresa looked thoughtful for a moment. "But Jennifer, what are we going to do about the people that have completed their transformation and gained the mental connection with us? We cannot tell them to not use it."

"I see your point. I think that I will have to send out a mental message for everyone who can hear to stay off the frequency, if we can even call it that. If they want to tune in to the trial, they will have to keep silent and just listen. Everyone who has the mental connection has agreed to never disclose it to anyone outside the group of transformees. We have to keep this a secret from anyone who does not have the ability. Present company excluded. More than anything else, once we get this over with, we can work towards the other case and cement a win for us. We cannot let the surgeons win or we are all out of a job." I concluded.

Chapter 29

The morning of the trial dawned a gloomy gray day. It looked like it was going to rain hard. I felt the day matched my mood perfectly. I had to be at the courthouse at 8:00 to meet one last time with the DA to go over last minute questions/problems. The trial would start promptly at 9:00 and things had to be ready.

Knowing that I would be asked to leave the courtroom, I still stayed in the court until I was dismissed. I sat right behind the DA's desk. As the Judge entered the courtroom, we were ordered to rise by the bailiff. Once Her Honor, Judge Margie Meacann had seated, we all sat. The case was presented to Her Honor. She went over the file on her computer screen briefly before turning her attention to the plaintiff and defendants tables.

"On behalf of the request to the court, it has been asked that all subpoenaed witnesses be sequestered from the court and each other. No discussion of this case may be made to anyone other than the attorneys and myself. If anyone is found to have broken this court order, they will be jailed for contempt of court and a mistrial will be granted to the defendant. Are all witnesses understood? Fine. Bailiff, please escort the witnesses out of the court and sequester them all separately. We will commence as soon as the witnesses leave."

Anyone who was a witness rose out of their seats and began to file from the courtroom. The defendant caught my eye and gave me a smirk that I would loved to have wiped off his face. If I get my way, I will be the one with the last laugh. I turned away from him so that I would not have to see his ugly face again. Sherri walked out alongside me, holding my hand.

We were taken to a room where there was a TV, video player and a magazine/book rack but nothing else. In turning the TV on, all there was showing was snow. That meant no antenna or cable. I could tell this was going to be a long drawn out process compounded by extreme boredom.

It was time to get to work. I had a person to tune in to. I found the most comfortable place I could fine and settled into it. Then I opened my mind and searched for Teresa. I found her in seconds and locked onto her mind and senses. The first witness was being sworn in. By his uniform, he was one of the first officers that arrived on scene.

Guided by the DA, he told of receiving the call to respond to a disturbance in progress. Not knowing what was happening, he arrived at the condo and found the front door not fully closed. After peeking in and seeing no one, he drew his weapon and silently entered the house. As he entered, he heard the sounds of flesh striking flesh and that it had been coming from the upstairs area. He waited for backup to arrive but that only took a minute. With two of them on the scene, they proceeded up the stairs with weapons drawn and ready to use.

As they silently went up the stairs, the sounds of something or someone being hit repeatedly grew louder. At the top of the stairs, one door was open and the sounds were coming from it. They crept to the door and glanced in to see a large man using a woman sexually as well as striking her body with his fists. The woman was tied spread eagle on the bed and she appeared to be unconscious. Her face was a mass of bruises and was horribly swollen. There were numerous cuts on her body from what was obviously a knife. At that point, they pointed their weapons at the man and ordered him to freeze. He froze in surprise before turning around to face them.

The officer was asked if the man he had seen was present in the courtroom. He answered that he was and pointed out the defendant when asked where he was.

The DA asked another question about the victim when the defense attorney stood up objecting that the other participant was not to be designated as a victim until it was proven that she was a victim. The judge over ruled his objection and the DA went on.

The officer immediately called for a female backup, being that it was standard procedures to have a woman present to aid a rape victim. They left the woman tied to the bed, pending the arrival of the female officer, while they placed the perpetrator under arrest. Upon her arrival, they removed the ropes that were tying her to the bed. The gag in her mouth was removed, upon which she came back to consciousness and started screaming and trying to get away. She scrambled into a corner and cringed there until the female officer was able to speak to her. The victim grabbed the female officer and held her as if to use her as a shield against the perpetrator. At that point the officer said he left the room and went to process the rapist.

The DA announced that he had no further questions for the officer and the defense took over the cross-examination.

At the first word out of his mouth, it was instant hate for me. The man oozed evil. I would have to be careful when I was on the stand or he'd try to trip me up.

The defense attorney tried his best to get the officer to admit that he did not know the circumstances behind the sexual contact of his client and the 'supposed' victim. The officer stood his ground and refused to fall victim to the attorney's game. Finally after half an hour of grilling the officer, the defense released the witness. Since it was still early, the DA called in the next witness. He was the officer who backed up the first one on the scene. His testimony was nearly identical to the first officer's. Neither attorney lingered too much on anything. Nothing new was found out from him. He was also asked to identify the perpetrator and the defendant was also pointed out. The DA added evidence into the trial by way of the photos taken of me in the hospital. The pictures were passed around to the jury, who were seen to cringe from the graphic details of the damages done on me. One particularly nasty one, a full body shot with as much of the breasts and crotch fuzzed out, had been blown up to life size. It showed the cuts over my body that spelled out the defendants name. It was placed in a spot of prominence in the courtroom so that every one could get a look at the sadism of the defendant.

A recess was called to break for lunch and I went back to myself. I was appalled from seeing the pictures of what I looked like that day. I had not seen any of the damages done and I was shaking from seeing them. I could only cling to Sherri and try to get the comfort I needed so desperately.

I was put off from feeling hungry after the episode I shared with Teresa. I knew I had to eat regardless. We were taken to the courthouse commissary and told to select anything we wanted and to go back up to the room where we were to eat and wait. We did as we were told.

The afternoon crawled on with various witnesses called to give their testimony. Ashley was called to give her testimony about why she had called the police in the first place, since she did not live with me nor was she in the house. She had explained that as a twin, she was able to feel how I felt and vice versa. She recounted the day of the rape and feeling me tired and sluggish and wanting to go home. She recounted feeling a severe pain in her head a short time later and could not feel my mind. She started getting worried about me and mentioned it to her friend Teresa. She testified that half an hour after she felt the pain, she felt my mind again and could tell that I was scared. It wasn't until I started screaming for mental help that she did anything. By this time, it was nearly real for her since she had been mentally connected to me the whole time I was being raped but I was so scared that I could not tell she was there. She felt every blow on my body, every cut, everything up to and including the rape.

The DA guided her through points that he did not totally understand until he did understand it. The defense never got to cross-examine her because the judge called for the night's recess and dismissed the courtroom. It took a few minutes but Sherri and I were finally released from the room we were being kept in. We went home and spent a quiet evening away from everyone. Not much was said, but then, between us, there never was needed much in the way of words. We almost instinctively knew what the other was thinking and we did not have to have the mind connection.

Bright and early the next morning, we were back in the courtroom, or at least in the courthouse in the sequestering room. Ashley took the stand again but this time, it was to the grilling of the defense attorney. I could feel her disgust at the slimeball feeling that radiated from him. He tried to belittle her as a liar and a perjurer concerning the possibility of being able to communicate wordlessly. Ashley told him to get off his high horse because if he wanted a demonstration of our ability, then we could give him one. He decided to take her up on it and wrote something down on a piece of paper. He made a big show of it to the jury, the judge and the DA before getting permission to a test of this supposed ability. He received permission from the judge over the over ruled objections of the DA. Once he handed the piece of paper to Ashley, I was able to switch to her and see what he had written. I was slightly angry over what he had written.

On the paper he had written: Jerrie Martin is alive and well and living as Jennifer Martin. Ashley paled considerably when she read it. If she refused to do anything with it, that would prove the attorney's point and her testimony would more than likely be disregarded as worthless.

Before she could even think anything at me, I had already taken the initiative and wrote what he had presented to Ashley on another piece of paper and added the following note to it: Jerrie Martin died in 1997 following an accidental chemical exposure. You are being deceived if you believe it. I folded it twice and wrote the judge's name on it and went to the door and knocked. The bailiff guarding the door answered it. I told him to give the message to the judge and she would know what to do with it. He looked questioningly at me but closed the door. I sat back down and turned my mind back to Teresa.

Through Teresa, I heard the courtroom door open and as she turned to see the distraction, she and I saw the bailiff walking into the room. A signal to another bailiff was given and he walked over and took the note from the first, who turned and left the room. The second bailiff took the note to the judge.

The judge opened it and read it. I could see her eyes pop open wide and her jaw dropped. I had made sure that I signed my name to it so that she knew exactly where it had come from. She turned to the defense table and said, "Mr. Lathon, you have your proof. This here is a message to me from Jennifer Martin. Written on this piece of paper is the same thing that you wrote on yours but she also adds the following..." and she read off my little message that I had put into the note.

I could see anger flash on his face as he was read the note. He turned to his client and glared at him. He knew he had lost the point and Ashley's testimony would stand as truth. His anger was so great that he released Ashley from the stand without any further questions.

The rest of the day was testimony from various other police officers and medical professionals. I was never called to the stand that day but when the time came that the only person left to testify for the prosecution was myself. The DA asked for a recess for the night so that they would have whole day to go over my testimony. The judge granted it and dismissed the court.

My day in court was finally here. I was a nervous wreck. Not to mention the fact that I was scared to death over looking the man face to face for the first time since that day. The trip to the courthouse that morning was quick. I don't remember it at all. Things were a blur to me until clarity was restored when I was standing outside the door that the witnesses were sent into the courtroom through.

I heard, "The court calls Jennifer Martin to the witness stand." And the door opened for me. I took a deep breath and went in.

Chapter 29

All eyes were on me as I walked into the room. I had never seen such a large crowd of people for any court session. I had heard one time that a rape trial brought out more people because of the sex involved. I felt like I was a walking vagina and a pair of breasts. To many people, I am sure that it was all they saw me as. I walked to the witness stand where a bailiff was waiting with the Bible.

He stood stiffly, holding the Bible out before saying, "Place your right hand on the Bible." I did so. "Do you swear to tell the Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the Truth so help you God?"

"I do." I said.

"Please be seated." And he walked off. I sat down in the seat after arranging my dress beneath me. I waited very nervously while the DA prepared himself to begin his cross-examination of me. Finally, he stood and cleared his throat.

He gave me a small smile as he approached the witness stand. "Ms. Martin, would it be ok if I call you Jennifer?" He asked me sweetly.

"Yes, sir, you may." I replied quietly from my nervousness.

"Thank you. Jennifer, we are not here today to put you on trial. I will be as careful as I can to prevent you from getting upset." Another smile. "Jennifer, I am going to ask you some questions and I would like you to answer them honestly. Can you do that for me?"

"Yes, sir. I will do that no matter what." I cleared my voice to firm it up. I was talking too quietly.

"Jennifer, could you please speak a bit louder. I'm sorry, but we have to record your answers and your voice is very soft. But there is nothing to be afraid of."

I cleared my throat again.

He assumed a stance that reminded me of an orator. Spine stiff, hands bunched on the lapels of his suit coat. "Now, Jennifer, I would like you to go back to March 17, 2010 and tell me what you were doing that day. If you can, please give me as complete of details without rambling too much."

"Yes sir. My day started off as normally possible for me. I went to work that morning in a fairly good mood even though I was still a bit weak physically after healing from a gunshot wound three weeks before that. I..."

"You mean that you had a light wound from being shot?" He asked me.

"No sir, I almost died from it. I was shot in the right side of my chest and it went through my right lung. It exited from my back. I managed to survive and recover remarkably fast."

"And how fast was that?"

"The bullet hole was closing within an hour of my being shot. They had to keep me in a drug induced coma for a week while my body recovered."

"That is really incredible. Did they catch the person who shot you?"

"Actually, he was killed by a security guard from the clinic I help run. We prefer to have an armed security guard on hand at all times because of the nature of the work we do. If it had not been for the fact that I was at the clinic when I was shot, I might not have survived it."

"As I understand it, you recognized the person who shot you?"

"Yes, I did..."

"Objection, Your Honor. I see no point in this line of questioning." The defense attorney said, interrupting my answer.

"Mr. Mitchell, is there a purpose to this line of questioning?" The judge asked.

"Yes, Your Honor. It is very important base information that will come clear shortly. I beg your indulgence while I work this line through." He returned.

"Very well. Objection over ruled. Please proceed Mr. Mitchell."

"Thank you, Your Honor. Now Jennifer, you were about to say?"

"I was about to say that, yes, I did recognize the person who shot me right before I passed into unconsciousness. He was involved with a group of people who kidnapped my sister and I when we were eleven and ran medical experiments on us while they had us in their custody. My sister had been exposed to some chemicals that caused her to create a physical chemical in her body that...um, sir, I am not sure that I can continue with this line right now due to medical information disclosures that might get me in trouble for non-disclosure violations."

"That is alright Jennifer. Please tell me about the kidnappers."

"Objection, Your Honor. The witness started to state information that might be pertinent to proving my client's innocence."

"Over ruled. A binding non-disclosure agreement for medical reasons is valid for not giving that information. Please proceed Mr. Mitchell."

"Thank you Your Honor. Please continue with the kidnappers Jennifer."

"Anyway, the kidnappers had taken my sister from in front of the school we were going to and a month later, they kidnapped me. I hadn't known it but the police had placed tracers on my person and various other locations that might not be discovered. Because of those tracers, the police managed to capture the kidnappers and freed my sister and I from their hands. The person who had shot me was the one who had been running the experiments on my sister and I while they had us."

"That is fine Jennifer. Now shall we go back to the day in question and continue?"

"Well, about mid-afternoon, I was feeling very tired and needed to get some rest. I had been working harder than normal in the days proceeding that day. I checked out early and went home. When I got home, I got out of my car and went to the door. I heard feet running but since there are a lot of runners in the complex where I lived, I paid it no mind. At least until I heard the steps immediately behind me. Before I could turn around, I was struck in the head with some sort of object and knocked unconscious."

"Were you able to see the person or object that struck you?"

"No sir. I was not given the chance to turn around. I don't know how long I was unconscious but when I came to, I was tied to my bed by my hands and feet. I tried to pull my way loose but I was tied too tightly. My head hurt horribly, I am sure that I had a severe concussion from the blow to my head. Anyway, a man walked into my bedroom and started to chat me up. He told me that I should have died and in by not doing so, I got a very good friend of his killed."

"Jennifer, did you recognize the man who was standing in your bedroom?"

"No sir, I did not. I had never seen him before in my life. But I knew who he was meaning when he said that a good friend of his had been killed and I didn't. I put things together and realized that they had worked together..."

"Objection, Your Honor. There is no evidence that ties these two separate cases together."

The DA had gone back to his desk and gathered some papers together. "Your Honor, if I may enter into evidence, the following employee lists of a certain medical testing facility in the State of Colorado. You will find marked the names of the deceased shooter, Kenneth Branch and Richard Cawley as technicians working for this company." He handed the papers to the judge. She passed them to the defense attorney for him to examine momentarily before he handed them back to her.

She looked them over and said, "Bailiff, please place these forms in evidence marked items 20 and 21. Please continue Mr. Mitchell."

"Thank you, Your Honor. So now, Jennifer, you have realized that the person who shot you and the person now standing in front of you were known to each other. What went through your mind at this point?"

"I became very scared. This man was not someone to be taken lightly. If he knew the person who had shot me, that would mean that he also had to have served time in prison as an accomplice to kidnapping and torture charges. That would mean that he was dangerous. I think at this point, I started screaming in my head for my sister, hoping she could hear me and feel how scared I was. I just didn't know if she could hear me. The man approached the bed where I was and sat down beside me and slapped me hard on the face because I was not paying any attention to him. He told me about wanting to help the rich live better lives and that because of me, him and several others had to rot away in prison for several years. Then he hit me several more times." I paused with the images that were coming to my mind. I shook hard from the memories it was drawing out.

"Just relax Jennifer, you are doing very well. Please go on."

"He took a knife out from someplace and cut all the clothes off my body. Then he said that I had a very nice body for a pervert. I could only assume that he meant it about being a lesbian. He told me that he was going to enjoy it as a bonus before he killed me. He proceeded to pull his pants down and ex..." I stopped at the memory. I was crying heavily by this time and I was having a hard time talking because of it.

"Take a deep breath and then continue, please." The DA told me lightly.

I took that breath and released it. "He...he pulled his pants off and climbed on top of me, making sure he had his knife where he could reach it. He then forced himself inside me. I was a virgin and he ripped me wide open. I screamed so loudly that he took my panties and shoved them into my mouth and tied it in place with my pantyhose so that I could not make any sounds. As he was raping me, he started to hit me harder in my face and through my body. He took great pleasure in doing so."

"Objection, Your Honor. That statement calls for speculation in the part of the witness." The defense stated.

"Objection sustained. Ms. Martin, you are not to make any statements that might mislead the jury to a false assumption. Please continue."

"Yes, Your Honor. Anyway, after a while, he took his knife and started using it as an object to explore my breasts. I was hurting so severely by this time, I couldn't tell what he was doing. He continued to rape me, beat me, and run his knife over me. I could not stand the pain any longer so I made sure that I was someplace that I would not have to feel the pain any longer."

"What do you mean by that, Jennifer?"

"I mean that anytime a pain is so intense, the human body will allow the mind to shut off. It is a defense mechanism of the body called unconsciousness. In other words, I passed out from the pain I was in."

"What do you remember next, Jennifer?"

"The next thing I remember was no longer having the gag in my mouth nor having my hands and feet tied. I felt a pair of hands on me and all I could do was scream and try to get away. My eyes were swollen shut and I could not see anything but I knew the room well enough that I went for the corner farthest away from the bed. I was screaming to make as much noise as I could to get the neighbors to notice and call the police. It wasn't until a policewoman started calling my name that I stopped. I couldn't see her but I could hear her voice very close to me. As soon as I felt her hand touch me, I grabbed it and pulled her to me, to make sure that he couldn't get near me again."

"At this point Jennifer, could you tell how badly you were hurt?"

"No sir. I mean, my body hurt all over but I couldn't see what sort of damage had been done. I hadn't ever seen what had happened to me. I have never seen any pictures that had been taken while I was in the hospital. While I was being worked on by the doctors, I passed out again but I was told later that I had died for a few minutes until they were able to revive me. I remained unconscious for another week and by the time I came out of it, my body had healed itself of all the physical damages."

"Do you mean that you don't have any marks on your body as evidence that you were harmed in various ways?"

"Yes sir. I was told that I had his name carved into my skin but there is not one mark or scar that shows it. I am thankful for that since I would hate to carry his name on my skin for the rest of my life."

"OK. That is fine. Now, Jennifer, I have to ask this question of you. Do you recognize the man that raped you, anywhere in this courtroom?"

"Yes, sir."

"Could you point him out?"

I raised my right arm and pointed to the man who sat behind the defendants table.

"May it please the court, please enter into the record that the witness has pointed to the defendant, Mr. Richard Cawley." He said. "Thank you Jennifer. Your Honor, I have no further questions for this witness."

I gulped. I knew what was coming up next.

The defense attorney stood up at his table. "Your Honor, before I cross- examine this witness, I would like to have a two hour recess to discuss some items with my client."

The judge looked at the DA who nodded his agreement. "Since the District Attorney agrees, this court is in recess until 1:30 pm." She banged her gavel to signal the recess.

Chapter 30

In many ways, what happened that afternoon was worse than being raped. I still can't bear to describe it, and so I must rely on the official transcript to relate what happened.

PEOPLE vs. CAWLEY

(The following proceedings were held in open court, out of the presence of the jury:)

THE COURT: Back on the record in the Cawley matter. Mr. Cawley is again present before the Court with his counsel, Mr. Lathon. The People are represented by Mr. Mitchell. Good afternoon, counsel.

MR. LATHON: Good afternoon, your Honor.

MR. MITCHELL: Good afternoon, your Honor.

THE COURT: All right. Are we ready for the jury?

MR. LATHON: Your honor, I would like to address this morning's testimony, if the Court pleases.

THE COURT: Yes, sir.

MR. LATHON: And in this regard, if she is present I would ask for Ms. Martin to step out for a moment, please.

THE COURT: All right. Ms. Martin, why don't you step out in the hallway, please.

(Ms. Martin exits the courtroom.)

THE COURT: All right. The record should reflect she has withdrawn from the courtroom. Mr. Lathon.

MR. LATHON: Thank you very kindly, your Honor. Yesterday a note was passed to the Court during the testimony of a government witness. I demand to see that note.

THE COURT: Mr. Mitchell.

MR. MITCHELL: I'm not sure what the basis for counsel's objection is. I haven't seen the note myself. Certainly no connection has been established between any such note and this witness.

MR. LATHON: Your Honor, unless the defense has an opportunity to see that note, there will be no way of knowing one way or the other.

MR. MITCHELL: This is a fishing expedition, Your Honor.

THE COURT: The objection is overruled.

(Discussion held off the record between Defense counsel and the Defendant.)

THE COURT: All right. Mr. LATHON, are you ready to proceed?

MR. LATHON: Yes. We are ready to proceed. For the record, the defense objects to the Court's refusal to provide Counsel with copies of the note.

THE COURT: Your objection is noted. Mr. MITCHELL, why don't you retrieve Ms. Martin.

(The following proceedings were held in open court, in the presence of the jury:)

THE COURT: Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. Please be seated. Let the record reflect we have now been rejoined by all the members of our jury panel. Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen.

THE JURY: Good afternoon, Your Honor.

THE COURT: Mr. MITCHELL, you may cross-examine.

MR. MITCHELL: Thank you. The defense calls Jennifer Martin to the stand.

THE COURT: Ms. Martin, come forward, please. I remind you that you are still under oath

CROSS-EXAMINATION BY MR. LATHON

MR. LATHON: Ms. Martin, how many partners have you had sex with?

MR. MITCHELL: Objection.

THE COURT: Overruled.

MS. Martin: None before your client raped me.

MR. LATHON: So is it your testimony that you were a virgin before you had intercourse with Mr. Cawley?

MS. Martin: Yes.

MR. LATHON: Now, I believe you stated that your name is Jennifer Martin, is that correct?

MS. Martin: Yes.

MR. LATHON: Have you ever been know by another name?

MS. Martin: Your Honor, do I have to answer that?

THE COURT: Yes.

MS. Martin: I don't remember.

MR. LATHON: You don't remember whether you ever used another name?

MS. Martin: That's not what I meant.

MR. LATHON: What did you mean?

MS. Martin: I mean, as long as I've been, umm, do I have to answer that question?

MR. LATHON: Your Honor, a man's liberty is at stake here. I demand that the Court admonish the witness to answer the question.

MR. MITCHELL: Objection.

THE COURT: Overruled

MS. Martin: I used to be known as Jerrie Martin.

MR. LATHON: Don't play games, Ms. Martin. Have you ever gone by another name?

MS. Martin: Yes, I used to be known as Jerrie Martin.

MR. LATHON: Why did you change your name to Jennifer?

MR. MITCHELL: Objection, irrelevant.

THE COURT: Overruled.

MR. LATHON: When did you change your name from Jerrie to Jennifer?

MS. Martin: In 1997.

MR. LATHON: All right. Let me ask you once again: why did you change your name from Jerrie to Jennifer?

MS. Martin: Umm, because I had to.

MR. LATHON: Your Honor, please direct the witness to answer the question.

MS. Martin: I had to because I was turned into a full woman after I had a sex change.

MR. LATHON: Is it your testimony that you used to be a man?

MS. Martin: Yes. Oh God. (sobbing)

MR. LATHON: How long did you masquerade as a member of the opposite sex?

MS. Martin: That's not what happened.

MR. LATHON: Is it your testimony that you just woke up one day and found out that you had become a woman?

MS. Martin: No. No. Please, don't ask me these questions. (sobbing)

MR. LATHON: Did you ever have sex when you were a man?

MS. Martin: Yes.

MR. LATHON: So when you told the jury a few minutes ago that you were a virgin, you were lying, weren't you?

MR. MITCHELL: Objection.

THE COURT: Overruled.

MR. LATHON: And aren't you lying every time you say your name is Jennifer, when your real name is Jerrie?

MS. Martin: No.

MR. LATHON: Did you ever legally change your name?

MR. MITCHELL: Objection. Irrelevant.

THE COURT: Overruled.

MR. LATHON: And if you can't tell the truth about your name, whether you ever had sex before, or even whether you're a man or a woman, how can you expect the jury to believe anything that you say in this courtroom?

MR. MITCHELL: Objection.

THE COURT: Sustained.

MR. LATHON: I have no further questions of this witness.

THE COURT: Any redirect, Mr. Mitchell.

MR. MITCHELL: Yes, Your Honor. I do.

THE COURT: Very well, Mr. Mitchell. Please proceed.

MR. MITCHELL: Thank you, Your Honor.

MR. MITCHELL: Jennifer, you just stated that you were once known as Jerrie Martin. Would you please elucidate on that?

MS. Martin: Yes sir. As I said, I started out life as a man. But in 1995, I had surgery to become a woman. I had been born transsexual and I finally made the correction to what nature erred with.

MR. LATHON: Objection, Your Honor. This testimony is irrelevant. She answered my questions to my satisfaction and proved that she is lying about everything.

THE COURT: Overruled. You may continue, Mr. Mitchell.

MR. MITCHELL: Now Jennifer, everyone knows that to have a sex change you cannot change the base form that you were born with. Another thing, you would not have been old enough to have a sex change if you had it in 1995. Can you explain what happened?

MS. Martin: Yes sir. In 1997, I had an accidental contact with a chemical that changed my body and regressed my age back to eleven years old. I am in actuality fifty-two years old.

(Loud voices sounding in courtroom)

THE COURT: (banging gavel) Order, order in the court! I will expel anyone who makes any more sounds and fine you for contempt of court.

MR. MITCHELL: Jennifer, how can that be? There is no such chemical to do this.

MS. Martin: No sir, that is where you are wrong. The clinic I work in is now providing such sex changes to anyone who passes the minimal requirements for the change. I just happen to be the first person to undergo the process. It was an uncontrolled change but today things are under complete control and nothing can go wrong. It was one of the reasons my sister and I were kidnapped so many years ago. Mr. Cawley... (pausing)

MR. MITCHELL: Continue please Jennifer.

MS. Martin: Before the defendant raped me, he told me that it was the reason I was kidnapped back then. He wanted it to help the rich so that he could get rich. But that I was using it to help perverts. Then....

MR. LATHON: Objection Your Honor! This testimony has no bearing what so ever on this case.

THE COURT: Over ruled. If this happened during the assault, then it has bearing on the case. Please continue Ms. Martin.

MS. Martin: Then he told me that he was going to teach me a lesson before he killed me.

MR. MITCHELL: Jennifer, could you explain why you chose to abandon your former identity?

MS. Martin: I chose to abandon the identity because no one would believe that an eleven year old girl could have been someone who had been a thirty-seven year old former man. I had changed so radically that there was no way that I could ever go back to who I was. I was changed forever and I felt that it would be best if that identity die. We, meaning my family, myself and the doctors involved, all decided that I would be better off if I adopted a new identity. My sister, became my mother and Ashley became my twin sister. I had to learn to be a child all over again. I never hurt anyone in doing so. There was sadness over my supposed passing with the people that I knew in my former life. I miss them still. (sniffling)

MR. MITCHELL: What I really don't see, Jennifer, is why you would want to hide yourself from the people you lived and worked around. You said there was sadness there. Why not let them know you still lived but were changed?

MS. Martin: Mainly because I didn't want my life to turn into a media circus because of my transformation. I wanted a life that was quiet and away from any public attention. When word about this gets out, I will have the media circus that I had been trying to avoid. The tabloids will have a heyday with my situation. Not to mention the crank phone calls I will get or the death threats I know will come eventually. By admitting today about my past will open the doors wide for the invasion of my private life. I will not get a moments peace now.

MR. MITCHELL: Just one last thing Jennifer, hold your head up high. You may not have any peace after this but you can be a spokesperson for many things. Or you can crawl into a hole and cover it over the top of yourself for the rest of your life. Things could be worse in many respects but you have one thing going for you: You are strong and you are a survivor. Many people have given up over lesser issues. Be proud of who you are. That is all I have Your Honor. Thank you Jennifer.

THE COURT: Mr. Lathon, do you have any further questions for this witness?

MR. LATHON: Not at this time Your Honor.

THE COURT: The witness is excused. Mr. Mitchell, do you have any further witnesses at this time?

MR. MITCHELL: One moment Your Honor. May I request a fifteen minute recess?

THE COURT: Mr. Lathon, are you agreeable to this short break?

MR. LATHON: Yes, Your Honor, I am.

THE COURT: Then a fifteen minute recess is granted. Court will resume at 3:30 PM. (gavel dismissed the courtroom)

Chapter 31 - The Defense's Side of Things

I met for a couple of minutes with the DA who asked me if there were anyone present that could confirm the story of my change. When I told him that Ashley had been there and also that Marty Fishburn had been my doctor back then, he was excited. He said he was going to recall Ashley back to the stand and ask her about the change. Then he was going to call Marty for corroboration. Since it had some base in the present situation, he felt it best to cover everything. He was going to have to have a subpoena issued for Marty for in the morning. In the mean time, I was to relax and try to relieve the tension in my body.

I watched through Ashley's eyes as she was re-examined on the stand concerning my change. She revealed the fact that the actual change was caused by her and how it occurred. There was a clamor in the courtroom again over the fact that a human caused the sex mutations that was being used in the clinic for the changes. I could see the headlines now: "Young Woman Changes Men Into Women" and "Rape Victim Former Man". The circus was about to start.

That night, I was nearly inconsolable. Sherri did her best to cheer me up. I felt like my life was at an end. We had to watch the nightly news about the trial and sure enough, the top story was the rape trial and the stories that were coming out of it. They told about my testimony of once having been a man and was fifty-two years old, even though I looked twenty-four.

The even bigger news was that Ashley was the source of the chemicals that were allowing men to change sex completely. They managed to talk about that for ten minutes. The announced that the prosecution was going to call one more witness and would be resting it's case the next day. I could hardly wait. Then the defense was up next and I could hardly wait to hear the lies that they spun around my testimony. I didn't want to tune in to the courtroom but I knew that curiosity was going to get the best of me.

* * * * *

The next morning, as I was getting dressed, I was a bit puzzled as to why my clothes were loose on me. I wrote it off as stress caused weight reduction. A quick check of my weight showed that I had lost ten pounds since the last time I had weighed myself. I was not that concerned because I knew I would be able to gain it back after the trial was over.

By this time, the trial had been going on for nearly two weeks. I was getting tired of going to the courthouse and wanted to do nothing more than go back to work and forget the whole thing. I knew the clinic was still running itself with the people back there but I felt that I needed to have my hands in on it.

Marty was called to the stand and gave his testimony concerning my transformation thirteen years previously. He acquitted himself spectacularly over the issues of medical ethics concerning the fraudulent records about my recorded death. While no one was truly concerned about the future impact of such decisions, both the prosecution and the defense grilled him about his truthfulness and his lying. The defense harped on the lies he created for me and perpetuated himself by covering for me. It was aluded to the fact that by covering for me was also committing severe fraud and he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

The DA objected to the whole issue from the defense, which was sustained and the statements were removed from the transcripts. Once he was finished with his testimony, the prosecution rested their case. Now the defense got their turn at lying.

Watching the testimony of the witnesses that had been called by the defense could only be called laughable. They called six people who had claimed that I had been to bed with them each in the year preceding the attack on me. They all said I claimed to have been a virgin to all of them. But when it came time for the DA to cross-examine them all, they were proven to be lying for the defense. None of them could give any actual information as to when I had met them and how I had acted towards them. They could not describe me at all since they only had the picture of me in the hospital after I had been admitted following the attack.

Finally, it came time for the defendant to step up to the stand. As he was sworn in, I could not help but feel the contempt flowing from Teresa as she watched him take the stand.

The defense attorney took his stance and prepared his first questions. As the questioning progressed, the more I knew that this was one of the most well rehearsed exchanges that I had ever seen. The claim was that I had met him on the street as I was driving in my car and propositioned him. He had followed me in his car to my house. He claimed that I represented myself as a submissive whore and he was asked to tie me up. This was all after some price negotiating. Since it had been a long time since he had had sex, he was desperately needing it. After he had tied me up at my request, he claims that I had tried to renege on the price and tried to raise it. He said he slapped me out of anger at me for trying that game with him.

Later claims made by the defendant were the fact that I had told him that I had used to be a man and that in anger over that disclosure, he hit me a 'few' times. He said that I had gotten cold feet when I saw how big his sex organ was but that I shook it off because I was 'really horny for it anyway'. When asked about carving his name into my body, he replied that I had asked him to mark me as his and that the most permanent way of doing so was to use a knife. So he did as he was asked to do.

The defense spun such a wild tale about the whole incident that I could tell the jury was not buying it one bit. The look of utter distaste was on more than one face in the seats. Once the defense attorney ended his questioning, the DA took over.

In watching through Teresa, he had the defendant scurrying to cover his ass. Mr. Mitchell had the prison records on hand and kept bringing up the down points of his stay in prison. There were five counts of assault on his record that he claimed that he had been set up to take the fall on each one of those counts. There was also the 8 charges of sexual assault on another prisoner that he claimed were also trumped up charges. Though none of the cases had been tried, he had been granted parole after eleven years for 'good behavior'. He stated that his record of non-violence stood out as him being a good candidate for parole.

When the DA finally felt that he had had the witness finished dancing around all the questions and making himself look like a total fool, he dismissed him. At that point, the defense rested it's case.

The judge allowed the final addressing of the jury by the legal representatives after which she gave the jury their final instructions. The three counts against the defendant were to be deliberated on separately and when a verdict was reached for all counts, then they were to return with their decisions. Then they were dismissed. Court was finally dismissed with the admonition to remain in the area in case the deliberations ended before court was dismissed for the day. The wait was on.

Chapter 32 - Verdict & Punishment

It was two days before we heard anything from the Jury. Once the word was given that we needed to report back to the courtroom, we made good time in getting there. Once all the players were in place, they led the jury back into the courtroom. Once they all had set back in their respective seats, the judge asked the foreman (woman) to stand.

"Madam Foreman, has the jury reached a decision?" The judge asked.

"Yes, Your Honor. We have." Was the reply.

"May The Court see the verdict?" A piece of paper was handed to the Bailiff. He in turn handed it to the judge. She opened it and read it and handed it back to the bailiff and back to the Foreman.

"Will the Defendant please rise?" The judge ordered.

The defendant stood up from his seat. He had a cocky look on his face, as if he already knew the decision and he was going to get off.

The judge said, "On the count of First Degree Sexual Assault, how does the jury find?"

"The Jury finds the defendant....Guilty as charged."

"On the count of First Degree Aggravated Assault with the intent to Commit a capital crime, how do you find?"

"The Jury finds the defendant...Guilty as charged."

"On the charge of Unlawful Detention, how do you find?"

"The Jury finds the defendant...Guilty as charged."

"Thank you, Madam Foreman. You and your peers are dismissed for now. Please be advised that sentencing will take place in one month. You are to report back here at that time for the sentencing hearing." The jury filed out of the room.

The judge waited until the jury had completely left the room before she turned her attention back to the defendant. "It is the assumption that the defendant is a flight risk, therefore, the Court revokes the defendants bail bond and orders him to return to the county jail until such time as the sentence is rendered. Pending pre sentencing investigation into mitigating circumstances, he will remain in the custody of the court. Bailiff, take the defendant into custody. Court is dismissed until one month's time when sentence is passed." She banged the gavel in dismissal.

A cheer rang out in the courtroom for the verdict. As the defendant was being led away, he turned to me and mouthed, 'this is not over yet' before he was led out of the room.

I was happy about the fact that the trial was over. Now it was time to approach the DA with my proposal. Paybacks will be a big bitch to him.

I went to shake the DA's hand and thank him for everything he did. When I told him that I wanted to have an appointment with him concerning the sentencing, he was curious about what I wanted. I refused to tell him anything until the meeting. He agreed to meet with me the following morning at 10:00. I was practically skipping out of the courtroom, I was so happy.

The whole group that comprised SCT, Inc (Sex Change Transformations, Inc, if you are curious), held a celebration that night in our recreation room. We had ordered a catering service to supply us with the food and drinks that lasted us all night. Or at least would have if we had not all been so tired by midnight. That was the time I almost turned into the pumpkin. Instead, I turned into the bed. Sherrie joined me as normal but this night was special for me. I showed the most energy sexually that I had shown is several months. I became the aggressor that night and left Sherrie gasping and worn out from all the repeated orgasms that I gave her. As I lay next to her sleeping form, I could not help but inwardly chortle over the future of Mr. Richard 'Big Dick' Cawley. He was going to get a big surprise but then again, the DA was not going to be happy to hear my offer.

The next morning as I prepared myself for the meeting with Mr. Mitchell, I gave Jamie and Marty a call to let them know I would give them a ride to the DA's office. I would meet them in the car park at 9:15 so that we could drive over there. I hurried through my preparations and was there five minutes before they got there. I tried to take all the back routes to the office building that housed the district Attorney's office and managed to be there fifteen minutes earlier than I had anticipated.

Waiting in the lobby of the suite, I went over the plan with Jamie and Marty again. They already knew what to say but I felt that it was best to go over it again.

At promptly 10:00, we were ushered into Mr. Mitchell's office. Being the big man representing the city legally, he had an incredibly large office. He greeted us cordially and invited us to sit in the chairs positioned in front of his desk.

"Now, Jennifer, you would not tell me what this meeting was about yesterday, so why don't you enlighten me now." He opened.

"Certainly. I am curious as to what sort of penalty you are going to ask for in this case. Is there any way that you could tell me?" I replied.

"I think that I will have to outline each possible sentence he could receive. First, just for the Aggravated Sexual Assault charge, he could get ten to twenty-five years. The other two charges could carry ten to twenty years and five to ten years respectively. Why do you ask?"

"Well, I have a counter proposal for his sentence. I want him to know what and how I felt when he raped and hurt me so badly. This is also a permanent offer for the same crimes for other convicts. I..."

"What do you mean, offer?"

"Well, what I mean is that I want him to feel exactly what I felt but I am not suggesting any criminal actions against him. I propose a two year sentence in isolation during which time, he will undergo the process to become a woman, that has been brought out during the trial. That way, he will know the fear that every woman feels when confronted with the possibility of rape. I also offer the same service to any and all persons convicted of sexual assault or crime committed against a woman."

"But don't you know that this will put you in the position of vigilante?"

"I don't think that this offer is considered a vigilante case. What I am proposing is that this be used as an alternative penalty to anyone convicted of those crimes. This would be the first case that could use this. I can understand that the penalty could be overturned by an appeal but I think the alternative would be to have him serve the full sentence of each charge consecutively. Just so that he never got out of prison ever again. But think about it this way: Two years and then he is free or fifty-five years in prison. Which would save the state more money in the long run?" I countered his question.

He thought a long time on the question. "I think that a shorter term of time would be cheaper. Considering it costs the state $45,000 per year to imprison every convict and it runs into the millions of dollars to operate the prisons. If this sort of sentence can reduce crime, it just might be worth it in the long run. I will have to see what sort of reaction to this proposal I can get from the court. We may have a battle over the logistics of it and it may require an act from the state legislature as well as an act from Congress to institute the punishment."

"I think that what ever needs to be done should be done then. The offer will not go away either." I told him.

"Doctors, why would your clinic be willing to do this for convicts?" he said after turning his attention to Jamie and Marty. "I wouldn't think that you would be doing this out of the goodness of your hearts."

Marty spoke up. "We're not doing this out of the goodness of our hearts. We would expect to be paid for the services rendered against each person transformed. But we would forgo payment until they were released back into society. Possibly with a discount cost because it is being ordered by the court system."

"Hmm, I think that might be swung since long term savings would be greater than the actual cost of the process. But how could you be sure that those transformed will not commit further crimes against society?"

"By newer processes we use, the person transformed would be completely non-aggressive towards other people. There are mental changes that each person goes through in the process that prevents them from committing any other crimes."

"But is this a permanent mental change?"

"It is about as permanent as death can be. Plus, there will never be the need for parole officers to monitor people after release. These people would monitor themselves."

"Very well then. I will approach the Court with the offer and see where they stand. I know the defense will fight it tooth and nail but if this turns out to be like you say, it may be sentenced more and more. Is this all you had for me? If so, have a great day."

"That was it. Please let us know how things go." We told him in return.

We got up and left his office. The whole meeting did not take as long as I had expected but I almost had the feeling that he had been anticipating something like this from us. He was a little bit quick in accepting it. That in itself made me think that he was going to mention it himself. I somehow thought he might have been a step or two ahead of us the whole way. It gave me food for thought.

Chapter 33 - Sentenced to Womanhood?

The month passed by swiftly and before we knew it, we were back in the courtroom. I had had a difficult time finding some clothes to fit my body lately and I was not sure what was going on with me. I had been continuing to lose weight and it had started to affect every part of my body,. I lost breast size as well as overall clothing sizes. Jamie had promised me a physical once the sentencing was over with.

The arrival at the Courthouse was greeted with a throng of people standing outside awaiting our arrival. Many were carrying signs that shouted condemnation about me and praise for Cawley. Others said 'Free Richard' and other such slogans. I could not pay them any attention because I had been expecting it ever since I been exposed as one of the transformed people.

The DA had been in touch with the clinic from time to time giving us an update on his efforts to present the alternative sentence. It was going to be offered to the jury even though the defense had been trying to get it removed as a possible sentence. They had even gone as far as threatening to go to the Supreme Court with a Constitutionality complaint against it. Their venting got them nowhere with the Court.

Once we had entered the Courthouse, I was motioned up to where the DA was sitting and he had me sit down beside him. He had a big grin on his face.

"Jennifer, I had to tell you that I actually got the court to accept the alternative sentence. It will be offered to the jury as one of the punishments they can hand out. They will have to deliberate over the different ones but I am pretty sure which one they will take. It will be justice served in my mind. Very richly deserved justice, I might add. Although the defense fought hard to keep it from being used against his client but the court felt that the alternative was fair."

I was excited over that. I gave him a quick hug and thanked him for his efforts before returning back to the seat next to Sherrie. No sooner had I sat down than the Bailiff called for 'All Rise' and gave his spiel about the judge and stuff. I could never understand all they ever said and it sometimes became a blur to me. This Bailiff was not the one that had been there previously and he rattled it off so much quicker than I had ever heard before. The Judge entered and sat down before the crowd was permitted to sit again.

She thumped her gavel to open the session after the bailiff had brought the courtroom to attention.

She opened, "We are here today to pass sentence on Richard Cawley after being found guilty on all three counts against him. Since there was no capital crime committed, there will be no death penalty allowed but we do have the choices between several possible penalties. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you will each be given an envelope that will entail the full sentences for each of the counts. Plus, there is a new penalty that has been offered the Court in lieu of the proscribed sentences. There are complete details in the envelopes concerning this new sentence. But I will advise that the sentence is life long without any hope of parole. It is up to all of you to come up with an equitable sentence that is agreeable to all of you. These are my instructions. Look the list over and deliberate between yourselves before reaching your decision. Once that is reached, please inform the Bailiff and he will inform me and we will hear your sentence. You may now take your leave."

We watched as the jury stood and left the room. The waiting game was on again. I glanced over at Cawley and sneered at him. I had never hated anyone worse in my life. I hope he was given my sentence.

* * * *

We waited for six hours before we received word that the jury had reached it's decision. We were ordered back into the courtroom where the players were readmitted to the courtroom.

The speeches from the judge to the jury were restated again before the foreman was allowed to pass sentence.

The judge announced, "Mr. Cawley, please stand and face the jury of your peers. Mr. Foreman, you may read the sentence."

The Foreman stood. "Thank you, Your Honor. The jury had a difficult decision to reach in passing sentence. But we find that the most humane sentence is the alternate sentence. Mr. Cawley will be incarcerated in state custody for a period of two years, during which time he will undergo hormonal replacement therapy and ultimately undergo the treatment by the Clayton Clinic to become a woman. After which time, he will be released into society with his debt paid. In lieu of this sentence, the defendant will be sentenced to the maximum penalty allowed by the law. That will mean a 20-30 year term for the sexual assault, 15-25 years for assault to commit a capital crime, and 10-15 years for false imprisonment. All sentences will be served consecutively and we would recommend that no parole be eligible until halfway through the second term. The jury also recommends that this sentence be given to all sexual offenders in the future."

A cheer rose in the courtroom after the sentence was read. All except the defense table, where the defendant was furiously yelling at his lawyer. I was able to hear a few snatches of the words. I heard 'appeal' and 'not going to become a woman' and a few choice cuss words directed at the lawyer. I could only smile smugly at his words. I knew there was going to be around a year before he would be able to receive the treatment but I knew there would be appeals to the higher courts about the validity of the sentence. I even expected it to go as high as the Supreme Court. Not that anything will change. They could get an injunction against the sentence Being carried out but I doubted that it would stop it completely. He would just go to prison for his full sentence otherwise.

Cawley was finally lead out of the courtroom after it was dismissed by the judge. I was happy about the after effects. I could start to get my life back on track again. But it was going to be difficult after the last month of media circus I had been enduring because of my open court disclosure. I was still big news and I hated it.

My group, consisting of Sherri, Ashley, Teresa, Jamie and Marty, all got together and went out to celebrate that night. We had many plans to make about the upcoming transformation of Cawley but they could wait until later. We had a great time that night and I was one of the most carefree people around. I acted like someone who had not a care in the world.

As we left the restaurant later that night, I was a bit on the tipsy side. I had had a lot to drink, since I was trying to forget all that had happened these past few months. I was giggly as all get out and quite clumsy. As we walked out into the open air and made our way to the parking lot where Our cars were, I was trying to get the keys away from Sherri so that I could drive. She was putting up a fight since she knew that I was in no shape to drive. Our little tussle caused the keys to be dropped on the pavement and I bent down quickly to grab them before Sherri did.

As I did, I heard a 'Splat' of something being hit or dropped. Not sure what was going on, I started to look around. At least until I heard a woman screaming. I turned towards the sound and saw a man lying on the pavement no more than ten feet from me. He had a large hole in his chest that was pouring blood. The sight sobered me up quickly and I ran for the protection of the cars. I tried to stay low as I ran and it was a good thing since bullets started flying with regularity. Several hit the car above where I crouched and showered glass all over me. Sherri was already on her cell phone calling for the police. Why am I the target of everyone all of a sudden? Why?

That poor man was lying on the pavement looking very dead. I knew he took the bullet that had been meant for me. I knew that I was going to become a hermit now. I was no longer safe from every Tom, Dick and Harry that felt that I should not live. The weird thing about all the shooting was that I had not heard a single shot. The shooter was either using some sort of silencer or he was using some sort of air powered weapon. But I could not tell where it was coming from nor was I going to stick my head up to see where the direction was. That was a good way of getting killed.

After several minutes of being pinned down by the bullets that continued to be fired our direction, we heard the sounds of sirens coming our way. The shots stopped coming as the sirens grew louder. As I took a peek up to see where the police cars were, something struck the car inches from where my head was showing. I ducked back down. Echoing around the buildings was a sound that was strange. It sounded like a huffing of air being expelled from a person's lungs but a bit louder. I stayed crouched down for a long time. Sherri was with me and I clung to her and finally cried. I was now too scared to go anywhere at all. I feared for my life like I have never done before. I just wished that I could hide myself from my looks. I was very distinctive since my face had been all over the media for the longest time.

Chapter 34 - Wishes Can Come True?

We spent several more hours with the police giving our statements concerning the shooting. The young man who had been shot had died on the scene. He and his wife were celebrating their first year of marriage and had been at the wrong place at the wrong time. I felt so sorry for his widow. But nothing I could do or say would ever bring him back. I felt it was my fault and nothing anyone could say would change my mind.

It was nearly 2AM by the time we got home. I was beat. I had glass in my hair and I had been trying to shake it all out before I left the parking lot of the restaurant. I occasionally found another piece and got rid of it. Sherri and I finally were able to get to bed at nearly 4:00 in the morning. I was so tired that I fell asleep as soon as I hit the pillow.

I was awakened several hours later by frantic shoving on my shoulder. I blearily opened my eyes to see Sherri with her hand on my shoulder. She had a scared look on her face.

"Morning, sweetie. What's wrong?" I asked her.

She started at me several minutes before saying anything. "If you're Jennifer, you wouldn't believe me if you wanted to. You would have to see what I mean. Go look in the mirror in the bathroom."

Puzzled, I did exactly that. What I saw, shocked me to no end. My reflection in the mirror showed a girl that was about fifteen years old. She had hair as long as I kept mine but it was the dark sable brown of Sherri's hair. The facial features were not the ones that I had been seeing in the mirror for all these years since I was changed into the double of Ashley. This girl looked closer in resemblance to Sherri than the one I knew.

Scared at what was going on, I turned back to where Sherri was standing. "What is going on? Why do I look like this?" I wailed to her.

"I don't know but I think we need to call Jamie and Marty and see what they have to say." She picked up the phone that was next to our bed and called them.

After a few minutes, both Jamie and Marty came rushing into the bedroom. As I looked at Jamie, I noticed that I had shrunk also. I used to look her in the eyes but now I had to look up at her. She stared at me with her eyes wide.

"Oh, my. What in the world is going on? Jennifer? Is that you?" She asked me.

"Yes, Jamie. It's me." I replied.

"We need to get you down to the clinic and run some tests to see what is going on. Marty, let's go. Sherri, would you get a hold of Teresa and Ashley and have them meet us down in the clinic? We are going to need their help. You can join us in a few when you're done." With that, the three of us were on our way downstairs to the clinic.

For several hours, I was poked and prodded, pinched and stuck with needles. One point they took my temperature after noticing that I was warm to the touch. My temperature was one hundred degrees. They tried to cool me down but for some reason, it was not necessary since my temperature hung right there the rest of the day. The blood tests they took had to be sent to the lab for processing and they requested it be done as an emergency. But they would still have to wait for the results.

Since neither doctor could do anything for me but at the same time, I was not sick enough to warrant going to a hospital, they sent me back up to the apartment with Sherri. I was afraid that whatever is wrong with me will be beyond my niece's talent to fix. I tried to relax and decided to update my journal before turning in to bed. I am so sleepy. I have been yawning all the way through the writing of this day's occurrences. Well, it is time to go to sleep. Good night everyone. I will see you in the morning.

Chapter 35 - Someone new?

I'm not sure where to begin. This is Sherri writing this. Jennifer is not able to write at the moment. When I woke up this morning next to her, I beheld the sight of a young girl about the age of four asleep in my bed. She looked just like the pictures of me at that age. So much so, that she could be my daughter. If I had one that is.

When I shook her to awaken her, she stirred slightly and didn't wake up. I called Jamie and Marty and they took her down to the clinic again and started to examine her. She woke up a short time later and according to Jamie, grew very scared and started crying for her mother. They didn't know what to do so they called me into the back room. I was greeted by a little girl's voice calling out 'Mommy!' as I walked into the room. The little girl that Jennifer had become thought I was her mother. I could not do anything except cry. The person that I have grown to love and cherish for the last several years is now nothing more than a young child and I have been relegated to being her mother.

I asked her if she knew what her name was and all I got was a blank stare before she said, "No mommy. Didn't you name me?" I asked her several more questions, as did Jamie and Marty. The only thing we were able to discover was that she did not remember being Jennifer and that I was her mommy. Lord, what did Jennifer do to deserve her life of hell? She has been one of the best people I have ever met but she has been traumatized all her life by things that kept happening to her. Now this happens and her memories are all gone. The girl seems to be highly intelligent but the actual memories that were from a lifetime of experience by Jennifer no longer exist. It is almost as if she died. I don't know what to do!

* * * * *

My God. I just found this old journal of Jennifer's hiding where I had put it five years ago. I forgot all about this in my active life as the mother of a precocious (at the time) four year old. I had meant to keep up with it as Jennifer had tried to but I was not able to after the first day. Little Gennifer kept me busy with her wants and needs, like any other four year old. On a day to day basis, she took over my life as I tried to raise her like a good parent would. Though I knew she was actually my lover/life mate, I had to treat her like any child that might have come from my body. In that time, I have grown to love her like a parent would.

I see so many of Jennifer's traits in her but there is no sign of the person I loved. I had to accept that Jennifer was gone for good and work on building the parent/child relationship that has to be with a child that young.

Gennifer is the smartest person in her class. She is growing up to be a very beautiful young woman. When I first seen her, she reminded me so much of my childhood pictures but as time goes on, it seems like she changes herself at her whim. It is almost like she is fine tuning her body to be the most beautiful woman she can imagine, but I know that is not possible. I think it is that she is growing up and her body is beginning to change itself into the woman she will be when she grows up. I will have to wait and see.

Oops, I have to run. Gennifer just got home and is calling for me. I will try to catch this up later.

* * * * *

Testing. Testing. Hmm. Is this thing on? Oh yeah. There is the light. Hi I'm Gennifer. My friends call me Gennie for short. Momma thinks I don't know about Momma Jennifer's book but I found it one day and read it. There is no way that I could ever have been Momma Jennifer, even though Momma named me (sort of) after her. I have seen pictures of Momma Jennifer and she looked so much like Auntie Ashley. She (Auntie Ashley) is so much fun to be with when I can. She is so busy with Auntie Jamie's hospital doing her work in making girls out of boys that want to change. It is so neato to see the boys become girls. I sorta wish I could do what Auntie Ashley does and make girls out of boys but she says she is the only one that can do it.

I asked Auntie Ashley if she could make a girl change into a boy because a couple of my friends told me that they wanted to be boys. Auntie Ashley told me that it was not possible to be done but I couldn't understand what she meant. She used some sort of mumble jumble while trying to explain it to me but I had to ignore her. She is such a froody doody at times. Auntie Teresa is so neato too. She is not so karky like Auntie Ashley is at times. She takes me to see Gramma J every other weekend and we have a girl's weekend away from Momma. I miss Grampy J so much. He died last year from some sort of canker of the brain. Momma, Auntie Teresa, Gramma J were so sad that he died. I told them that he was just sleeping but they didn't like it when I said that. It upset them even more but I don't know why.

So I got to go see Gramma J more after that and she tried to explain to me about people dying and going to Heaven and see God and all that. She told me that one day when I am old and a Gramma too that I would go to see God too. I told her that I was not going to die and that I was going to live forever. She just smiled at me and told me that was ok too. I think she was foolin' me about dying.

Oops, haveta run. Momma's home and she'd kill me if she saw me with Momma Jennifer's book. Bye.

* * * * *

I'm back. Gosh, Momma can be so mean some times. All because one of my friend's mother got mad at me for turning her girl into a boy. Gee, I mean, Tanya wanted to be a boy and all I had to do was touch her and she changed into a boy over the weekend. Mannyo, his Momma was so mad!! Tanya was so happy and she, no he, told me he wanted to be called Tommy. Tommy promised to be my boyfriend and protect me. But he was afraid of his Momma and thought she was going to hurt me, 'cause a what I done ta him. I didn't hurt him. I just made him a boy like he asked me to.

Momma made me change Tommy back into Tanya but I knew it would be a coupla days before she was back. After Tommy and his momma left, Momma told me she had ta call a famly comfriends or something like that. Auntie Ashley Auntie Teresa Auntie Jamie and Uncle Marty came up to visit for the comfriends.

Momma told them about me changing my friend Tanya into a boy and they were all of a sudden standing and yelling at me. I dint know why ether. It scared me and I thought I was going to be punshed for being bad. I coudn't help myself. I started crying. I was so shamed that I hurt Momma like I did and she got yelled at by Tommys momma. I was in big trouble. I ran to my room and hid. And I cryed some more.

Momma let me cry a wile and come and got me and took me out to the room with the rest or them. Uncle Marty told me I wasn't in trouble but I had to make sure that anyone I changeded had to be of eagle age. Whatever that was. Then Uncle Marty asked me if I could change a bigger girl into a boy. Well, DUH! I told him. A girl is a girl and I can make any girl a boy. He asked me if I coud make me a boy. I told him that I dint want to be a yucky boy. He laughed at me when I told him that. I dint say anything funny. He told me he would give me some money if I changed a bigger girl. He even asked me how much I wanted to do it. I thought he was funny. Momma told me to never take money from peepel and he was trying to give me money to make a boy. Gee, did he think I was dumb or sumthin? Momma told me it was ok to take the money from him for making a boy.

Uncle Marty wanted me to make one of his friends a boy but I was not shure about that. He told me he would let her be my friend before I made her a boy. I told him ok.

He even gave me ten nollars right then and I woudnt have to wait for it. It was mine to keep. I asked Momma if I could call Tina and go shopping with my new money. Momma told me it was ok to go as long as I took Auntie Renee with me. I ran to call Tina and tell her about going shopping. She screamed cause she was happy to go shopping with me. Her momma was going to pick me up in ten minis or so, so I have ta go. By for now. Lock Gennifer Data.

* * * * *

Sherri here. Sorry it has been so long since I wrote here but things have changed for us lately. Little Gennifer has somehow acquired the ability to change any female into a male. She even changed one of her young friends that wanted to be a boy into one. The hardest part was trying not to laugh when her friend's mother came dragging him to the house and demanding that Gennifer change him back to the girl she was before. I was so excited myself, since Ashley, Jamie and Marty had been trying for years to be able to formulate some way of doing a female to male change but they always failed at it. Now, Gennifer shows the talent that they were lacking and it seems to be so much easier on the person thats being changed. Her friend changed into the boy in a matter of three days and it did not cause any sort of problems physically at all.

I had to call a conference with everyone and tell them about Gennifer's ability. Poor Gennifer was so scared that she was going to get into a lot of trouble for changing the girl into a boy that she started crying and ran off to her room. In the mean time, I just let her cry and explained to the others about Tanya's mother and her rant at me. They were excited about the prospect of finally being able to help all the female to male sex changes like they had been wanting to. They told me that they wanted Gennifer's help in making the changes. They did not want to exploit the child and were willing to pay the same fees that Ashley was getting for her changes but they would put the money into an account for her for when she was older. Marty made a suggestion that he pay her a small amount of money for the changes she does so that she thinks that she is getting rich. A child's idea of riches is a lot less than an adult's. I knew that Gennifer thought that ten new dollars (nollars to people these days) was a huge amount of money. Marty agreed with me and said he would give her that much money for each one with the remainder to go into her trust fund for when she was older.

Gennifer was so excited when Marty told her that he would pay her ten nollars for every girl she changed into a boy. After he gave her the first ten and she had gotten so excited that she immediately wanted to go shopping with her friend Tina. After I told her that she had to take Renee with her, she agreed. Ever since Richard Cawley was changed into Renee, she had been a blessing. She became Gennifer's nanny and doted on Gennifer. There was no trace of Richard in her at all. Jennifer's experiment to create a docile XXX woman had been a success. Renee would not harm a fly and she was such a gentle being when it came to children and babies. She even has one of her own coming but she will not have it for six more months. I would trust her with any child and she would protect one viciously if it came down to one being harmed.

I know that Gennifer will never know what we are doing for a long time but right now, this will all seem like a game to her and at least she can enjoy it while she has to opportunity to be carefree. I guess I had better put this up for now. Good bye.

Epilogue

Does this old thing still work? My gosh. I remember this thing when I was eleven years old. Those were the days. Let's see. I guess I should catch things up for posterity's sake. The last time I used this was sixty years ago. I am surprised that it even works at all since the everlast power cells were still new at the time. They told us that those things would never go dead and would last forever if they were in storage inside some sort of devise. I guess it is true.

My name is Gennifer Johnson-Smith. Today is August 19, 2075. If everything that I have read is true, I am one hundred twenty-five years old this year. But I cannot prove it though. Most people think I am twenty-one years old since that is the age that I appear to be. I am the world's foremost expert on sexual reassignment and aging. It was too late for many of my family members before I realized that I could halt the aging process of anyone. I have turned a lot of men into women and a lot less women into men but I enjoy the civil work that I do in this cause. I can even take an old person and regress them in age and freeze them there. I just wish I had found out before everyone died. I miss my mom, aunts and uncles and grandmothers. I have felt alone in the world for a while but at least I have my new husband with me and soon I will be bringing a new life into the world. I am pregnant for the first time in my life and I am truly happy over the prospect.

Most of all, I learned that I could control my body to the point that I could be any age, gender, race or even sexual orientation that I wanted to be. I prefer to keep the face that I have lived with all these years but I can give myself anonymity with a few thoughts. I have no idea where I came by these abilities, but I make sure that I use them to better myself and to help my fellow humans. I inherited the Clayton Clinic many years ago when Aunt Jamie wanted to retire. That is where I do the most of my work. Sometimes I go out to other locations and help the older people become younger. Mostly, I try to carry on my Aunt Ashley's work.

My Aunt Ashley was a grand lady. She was the first person to ever be able to transform a genetic male into a genetic female. She made it her life's work after my second mother Jennifer, who I am named after, vanished one day. No one knew what happened to her and the false leads I have found are just that. Jennifer vanished after she was nearly shot by another former convict that she had helped capture when she was a child. From all the records she left of the time frame, I would have loved to met her. She sounded like a terrific lady. After reading all of her old journal, I think I am going to have it published as a biography of the olden days.

Well, world, I have to go. I am supposed to be to the opening of the Kennedy archives. They have been sealed since 1965 after then President Johnson ordered them sealed. They had been forgotten until just recently when remodelers found the archive blocked off behind a long forgotten wall in the basement of the Smithsonian Institute. Speculations have been running rampant after the world learned about the existence of the records. Most people are saying that Vice-President Johnson actually shot President Kennedy himself. What do you think happened?

The End

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
53 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'm suprised

Wow. This is a good story. i have read it many times and I love it. What is suprising is that with all these reads, no one has left a comment before. I'm sorry. I now that I enjoy the feed back and the attention. This is a good story and I hope to read more from you in the future.

Jessica(smorr24)

what happened to cawley? Did

licorice's picture

what happened to cawley? Did she end up a child too? Also with this sentencing, wouldn't there be a high probability of self termination? Or is that something they just accept as a possibility?