Adam's own, -chapter 2-

Printer-friendly version
Ok, here is ‘part two’ again, a little changed (Revised), sort of?
And after that possibly part three too?
We’ll see. And yeah, it could be better, and nicer. On the other hand, so could I :)

Adam's Own
Chapter 2
by Yor


Author's Note: Also my MS word sucks bigtime, crashing my writing repeatedly. Or maybe it’s my XP, it’s a strange build that is the fastest I’ve tested, but behaves weirdly, and refuses to agree with a lot of major software.

Strange stuff, reminding me of a window 95 I had long ago made up with a NTFS (3.5?) bottom to it, never released, and MS refused to admit to it being theirs either so it was actually free, and perfectly workable, don’t remember its ‘nickname’ though. But Hey, it was ‘freeware’ as MS refused to recognize it :) and it wasn’t until —XP- M$ got a NT-core.

As for Vista you can throw it away, and that other new one ‘W7’? If it’s as big as vista it sucks, no matter its stability. Ten Gig for a OS? A joke. And a bad one too. But XP is quite ok. Otherwise Linux is the word of choice here. If you fill a Linux box with ten Gig you really need to use a lot of software, A ‘Slackware’ with all the goodies (software) you need to write, pictures, music, Server etc takes only about three to four Gig. And then you will have it all.

Ah well, my opinion. I do like the user interface and the friendly intuitiveness of MS though, and yeah, the user interface is known to us all. But there’s a lot of stuff they put into all MS OS that just do one thing, watch you and stop you. I should be the judge of what I like to do, not them. So use a firewall, and put it on manual approval, then you can retain some security, hopefully. The big hole is your web reader. Use Firefox if you want to feel a little safer

Why?

Well, it’s not a MS, it’s ‘third party’ and have a lot of security in it, not adapting to MS ideas. You see, as soon as you approved of a program it will be able to do things on your computer, and a web reader like MS explorer is integrated with all those ‘watchdogs’ MS have hidden inside your OS, and now you actually told your firewall that whatever MS explorer does is ok. You dig?

So believing yourself to be safe using a firewall, and, then smartly using MS Explorer to connect to the net is probably amongst the dumbest things one can do. Am I getting through?

If I’m not, don’t bother to argue. Just do what you trust in.
And yeah, all browsers are ‘holes’, but some are ‘smaller’.

I got’a admit that I loved the 98 though, it was sheer hilarity. Never the less, I’m ranting here. I had to rebuild the damned thing, and fix it, and as I’m no guru on a word processor it almost gave me a heart attack before I finished. Hopefully it will look ok now. Before, it drove me crazed. And yeah, the text, not the OS :)

Anyway, feel free to point out where I missed in it, but don’t get all uppity on me if I just laugh and put a match to it.

Cause I’m thinking of it :)

----

So. I’m allowing myself the assumption, that doing like I do hereunder is acceptable. Add to that, that you probably already read most of them.

But, if you haven’t?
--
‘Tuck’ by Ellen Hayes, on a level of its own. If you haven’t read it you’re in for a roller coaster. It constantly surprises me that she hasn’t been published. She has a unique style, and extremely good too if you ask me. You’re in for a lot of reading pleasure.

‘Boys’ School’ by Sarah Lynn Morgan. Getting there. A style near poetry, constantly growing with every story she writes.

‘Shadows And Dust’ ‘Guardians of the Gates of Madness’ etc by E. E. Nalley Jr. You’re gonna like those, they’re good, as all of her work seems to be? Don’t know if she have had any books published, but considering the quality?

‘The Teg Legacy’ by Prudence Walker, nice emotional Sci fi/fantasy, some action, somewhat reminding me of Bollywood. (I happen to like Bollywood:)

‘Evil Step Daughter’ by Carol Collins, pure evil, but, ah, hot? Good? Well, decide for yourself. You could see it as a ,hmm, ***story, but to me it’s pure black imagination, no prisoners taken.

‘Either Do it Right, or Don’t Do it at All’ by Lilith Langtree. It’s fun, innocent and made me laugh, repeatedly.

‘No Obligation’ By Randalynn, Strangely interesting, with a vivid imagination.

‘My Mistake’ by Kayla Smith, kind of hot and innocent simultaneously, weirdly interesting. (Lock, stock and barrel, just leave the last two out of it:)

‘Before My Time’ by Bob Arnold, sweet and cool, though the ending was a little confusing. As I don’t really believe in paradoxes (time travel)?

‘After the Ashes’ by Renae, extremely detailed, and intelligent, action. And surprisingly good Sci Fi too. In my eyes she is a accomplished writer. As good as most ‘hard & softcovers’ I’ve read. Check her up.

‘Bittersweet Tea’ by Bec D Corbin, nicely done, lots of imagination and a tight ‘horror’ story.

‘While the Band Played Waltzing Matilda’ by nancycole. Impressive work, very good local build up, although, the ending came all to soon for me. Then again, I have yet to made a acceptable ending myself, so? Who am I to criticize? (..Whoops, it's continuing, good for me, and you. :)

‘Educating Danielle’ by Karen E. Lea, cool and non-judgmental, a mature laid back story, perhaps to much $$$ floating around, but coolly nice all the same.

‘Cynthia and the Dumpster Diver’ by Portia Bennett. Innocent, life as ‘black and white’. It’s a nice ‘magic’ one, why not read it?

‘Thirty Million Reasons’ by Erin Halfelven Thoughtful and interesting. A transformation story.

‘The Reluctant Girl Friend’ ‘The Reluctant Sister’ etc.. by Melanie Brown It’s a series I think? I like them, maybe you will do too?

‘SUIT’ by Robin Douglas (or ‘Zoot.txt’?) Good Sci fi, a text file that ends too quickly for me, there was a lot more that could have been done with it.

----------------

And yes, I agree, there is a lot more good writing that I haven’t mentioned, especially series, yet, that is. Give me some time to download and read them (and tips are always welcome) and I promise. The TG stories seems to catch, and create, serious writers, with imagination and flare. Gender is just a start, the rest is up to you. But it’s a fight worth fighting.

As for my story?

I have two other I need to concentrate on too, both started before this one. And I would like to finish them all, this one included. But I do like it, even if my writing leaves a lot to wish for. And to me it’s not entirely about crossdressing. It’s about being human, and having to choose between that rock and a hard place, not to uncommon for any of us I guess.

Also about ‘good and evil’, as I believe both qualities to exist. But evil can also be born out of ignorance, and this site makes an impressive effort to enlighten people.

I wrote ‘Adam’s own’ specifically as a ‘thank you’ to all of you writing those good story's I've enyoyed reading, and to you discussing here, and elsewhere. And I didn’t plan it to ‘grow’ as it seems to be doing now. But I don’t mind, I don’t really have that masterly control over my stories, it seems mostly the other way around. I think there are a lot of people reading you authors, as well as the comments made by us all. And some, if not most, of the readers I suspect to be, believe it or not, more or less ‘straight’ :) As I believe myself to be. To me this site was something of a oasis when I first stumbled across it in my hunt for ‘books/stories’ online. Especially when it comes to quality, ingenuity and sheer humanity.

---End---
.

.

-------Story - time----------

=

As they left for the mall in Katrine's small escort Adam thought about what had happened, wondering what he would have done if she hadn't started to cry. Him unknowingly both Anna and Katrine were thinking about the same, but where Katrine and Adam were unsure Anna knew.

She remembered all to well the way he had lost himself the day before. She hadn't let him out of her sight since their talk with Katrine, she was too afraid now. Adam, while feeling her anguish didn't know what he could do to reassure her.

He laid his head at her breast, listening to her heart beat. Listening he got that mad feeling that it beat to fast, much faster than it should, he suddenly started to feel worried. 'What's wrong with her? Is she's dying?'

Katrine, peeking at them in the rear-view mirror, saw his worry and guessing she asked.

"You know that girls have a faster heartbeat than boys, don't you?"

He mutely shook his head, looking a little relieved.

"Well, they do Amanda. Don't worry, she won't wear out on you, happiness is measured in love, not in time."

He put his head back where it belonged, slowly relaxing again. Anna smiled, her mom was so right, whispering in his ear. "My grandmas mom Amanda, she lived to be a hundred." caressing his face.

Adam closed his eyes, slowly rocked to sleep by the cars motion and Anna’s caresses.

As her mother saw them cuddling she decided to keep on driving, after all, there was always a mall more somewhere. And as she drove she watched how her daughter slowly felt asleep too, her hair sweeping them both into its sweet golden embrace as Anna glided down the backseat leaning on her Adam.

Seeing them sleeping so restfully Katrine decided to drive to the same lake she used to take Anna to when she was small, she had so many good memories of the time with Jake visiting it.

Leaving them to their sleep she stepped out to walk down to the waters edge, again wondering why life had to be so difficult. She found no answers to that question, but looking out over the pale blue stillness she still felt a certain kind of peace. She had her Anna, and now she somehow had begotten Amanda, or Adam, too.
==

She tried to think over what they needed to do. One thing she was sure of was that this orphanage Adam had described should be closed. She hadn't thought that any of those older and sicker kind of 'correction facilities' had survived the sixties, especially not in her own hometown.

If she could, she would have collected all the kids and then made a big bonfire out of the whole orphanage, but she knew that the bureaucracy didn't work that way. But at least she thought that she had the contacts and competence to force a change.

After a while she started to freeze, she wasn't really dressed for the outdoors. As she went back to the warmth of the car she saw Anna wake up, her arm still protectively wrapped around Amanda.

"Mom, weren't we going to the mall?"

"Yes, I just needed some time to think. You remember the lake?"

Anna smiled. "I still love it mom. Yeah, I feel better now."

She looked down on Adam, still collecting on his sleep of the righteous.

"We should get him his on clothes mom. It's not right to make him wear those, not if there's no reason for it."

"But he looks very nice in them, don't he Anna?"

Anna nodded, reddening a little. She couldn't explain it but having him like this made her feel as if she had it all, a girl and a boy and in love with both, unable to choose. But under it all she knew that Adam was Adam, and she would love him, no matter what clothes he used.

Katrine knew her daughter quite well. She could guess what moved inside that sweet face of her with a surprising accuracy most of the times, and remembering Jake it wasn't too hard.

"Did you know that your dad loved cross dressing?" she asked gently.

Katrine looked up surprised. "He did?"

"Oh yes, he was very shy about it though. He felt that it was somehow wrong to have such a fascination for something so unmanly."

She laughed, a laugh filled with happy memories.

"That's how I got interested in him. I saw him at the mall all dressed up, and I somehow recognized him, without being able to say who he was. He looked just as a young lady but there were subtle differences in the way he moved and looked. Nothing you could point on directly and say. 'That's wrong.' But they were there all the same."

"It took me a moth but when I got him in the same class I suddenly knew, like a flash of lightening, and I found myself drawn to him. I thought him to be brave and exciting, daring to live out his dreams. But it wasn't before we had been together for most of the next term that I dared to breach the subject."

She shook her head wonderingly remembering. "He was so scared Anna, he thought I was going to 'out' him, throw him to the wolves. And that's why I knew about the razor. He locked himself in the toilet just as Adam, and I was scared too. But he came out again looking at me."

She shook her head again. "He looked at me as if he was putting his heart in my hands Anna, saying. " ‘Where am I without trust? I love you Katrine.’ And after that our real life started."

Anna tried to assimilate what she remembered of her dad with what Katrine had told her. She stared at her mother. Her father had died when she still was just a little child.

"Why haven’t you told me this before?"

"It was private Anna, and we also wanted you to make your own choices. And deeming of what I see now, it seems you already have?" Nodding at Adam.

Looking at each other they started to laugh. 'Life is just to strange sometimes' thought Katrine. 'Here we tried to let her free from our prejudices, and she picks just the same, amazing.'

But then again, Adam wasn't crossdressing because he wanted too, it would be more correct to say that it was the best choice he could find at the time. 'Still, it's so easy to see that he enjoys it' she though. 'And he makes such a sweet looking girl.'

She shook her head feeling confused.

“Everyone has to make their own choices, don’t they?” she mused, looking thoughtfully at her daughter.

“Yeah mom.” Answered Anna, looking down at her Adam resting his head in her lap, or Amanda as it was for the moment.

After a while Katrine had pulled herself together again and thinking of the mall she decided to drive up to the next town instead, after all, they had an excellent mall there too. As she drove she found herself asking some pointed questions. What should they do with Amanda, or Adam?

Shocked she realized that she already had trouble separating the two? To have her live like she did now but still being on the run, and underage? Against her reporting him immediately to the police was the fact that he was happy, and she had this feeling that it had been a long time since last for him.

And her Anna was happy too, and yes, even herself felt comfortable about him. And there was also this strangeness about that orphanage, she couldn't understand how it had operated like it did, without anyone reacting?

And there was also this new problem. Katrine realized suddenly that she wasn't immune to the allure of Adam either, he reminded her to much of her own Jake, the time when they had first meet.

And dressed up like he was now Amanda seemed so much older too, at least eighteen, and quite sophisticated. Fleetingly she worried that her interest might grow to become more than entirely motherly.

"I must need it bad?" She muttered, cringing a little at her sudden turn of thought, feeling slightly depressed. Maybe it was just those teenage cootie hormones flying around? Maybe she just had to learn how to wean herself?

Cold showers?
==

up
53 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

You cannot leave it there

ALISON

Come on,you have got this far,persevere.I know you can do it,so sit down,take a deep breath and start all over again.Love
and best wishes,Alison

ALISON

Yes Alison, you're quite

Yes Alison, you're quite right. I would really like to continue it.
It's a little like a dream, and as all dreams you can't say if it will stay sweet or turn. .?
The trouble with it is that's partially a erotic tale, with all the beguiling possibilities that this might open for.
So I'm kind of being of two heads, ah sorry, minds, here? Sort of :)

It's too easy for me to let it become just 'fun and sweets', possibly 'bittersweets', but I feel Adam deserves something better than that. So, any ideas? I will not promise to do them though :) I'm phreaking slow and obstinate, it's in my innate nature..

It doesn't mean that I won't love to read them though. Or that I can't learn.
And don't get me wrong, I would like to to upgrade my penmanship :)

Also I'm very flattered that so many of you authors have a view about it.
Well I'll be gone in half an hour, for at least a week.

And it's a pleasure writing for you.

The story makes me smile!

^_^

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Good start!

Your writing makes this story likable, entertaining and very readable. Since this is about self discovery, you should have at least a summer's worth of tales to tell.

Please continue.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~