Sarah Carerra - 1.06 - Girlification, Times Two

Printer-friendly version
It was too late. The stylist led me back and started washing my hair. It would only be a matter of time until I doomed Brett to a miserable school existence!
 

Sarah Carerra
Chapter 6 - Girlification,
Times Two

by Megan Campbell
Copyright  ©2009 Megan Campbell
Released: November 2, 2009

Editor Note: The images used for this story were purchased and used under royalty-free license* from Istockphoto.com . ~Sephrena

Author Note: Please email me at AngelJediGirl (at) gmail (dot) com before posting this story to any other site. Posting to a pay site is prohibited.

Comments and suggestions are also welcome at the above email address.

*  *  *

Chapter 6 - Girlification, Times Two

Instead of walking into the salon, my mom dragged me into the store next to it. I wasn't sure what she had planned. Part of the same company, this store sold wigs.

"What are we doing here?" I asked her.

"Your dad is pretty sure that the record company is going to call with good news," she explained. "If we're going to do this Hannah Montana thing, you need a wig like her."

"Oh," I replied, and started looking around the store.

"What about something like this?" my mom asked a few minutes later. I hadn't really found anything that seemed right.

"Are you serious?" I asked her incredulously. She was holding up a long, blonde wig. It was straight and had some darker highlights. It was pretty much a Hannah Montana wig! "Have you ever seen the show?"

Mom grinned, letting me know that she knew what she was doing. "Yes, I've seen the show. Come over here."

She led me over to where she had found the wig. It had been nestled between a number of other wigs that had the same length and appearance, but were styled differently.

"If we take the set, then you'll be able to change the style around," she said. "And yes, one would look like Hannah, but the others are quite different."

"I guess," I agreed timidly. "But are you sure the studio would want a Hannah look alike?"

"Honey, I don't think we have another option. Going with another shade of brown would not be enough of a difference to disguise you, and I don't think you could pull off a shade of red," she explained. "Blonde is your best bet."

I guess I couldn't argue with her logic. A quick check with a dark red proved her point. Trying on the blonde wigs proved that Sarah Carerra would be a hottie. I wasn’t sure I was ready for that!

With some insecurity, we purchased the set of wigs. I really hoped there was a contract heading my way, because the total was over $1,000!

The store said they would hold onto the boxes while I got my hair done. Mom led me through the connecting door into the salon.

The salon wasn't as busy that evening. The receptionist handed me a book of styles and told me that someone would be with me shortly. My mom and I took a seat in the waiting area.

Even though my hair was quite long, I'd never really had it styled before. It just hung there limply, not really having any body to it, like most boys with long hair.

"I need something that I can make look masculine for school," I told Mom while we were looking through the book.

She sighed before turning to me. "You can always pull whatever style we decide on into a low ponytail like usual. It should still work."

"I can't do that, Mom," I whined. "Then everyone will see my pierced ears!"

She smiled at me, but I don't think she understood the ramifications of being different in high school. I didn't want to get beaten up over this.

"It'll be okay, Megan." she said, giving me a comforting hug. "They'll be more forgiving than you think, and you'll really enjoy life away from school with these changes."

I knew she was right, about enjoying the changes at least, but I still didn't share her optimism about how the other kids would treat me. I'd seen what some of them could do.

I didn't think I was going to be able to talk my mom out of this decision though. In the end we found a style we liked that was very pretty, and feminine. My anxiety increased when I realized that a ponytail would still show the soft curls and waves that the style promised to give me.

But it was too late. The stylist led me back and started washing my hair. It would only be a matter of time until I doomed Brett to a miserable school existence!

After the washing, she led me to a chair and started working. She did trim a little to take care of any split ends, but the one thing my mom and I had agreed on was that we didn't want to lose any length. I'd started to get comfortable with long hair.

Sometime later, the stylist pronounced me done. My hair looked beautiful, and my mom was beaming with joy. The soft waves and curls tumbled down my back, and I felt a contentment I'd never felt before.

I was then led to a nail station, where a worker helped shape my nails and even taught me how to do it myself. I'd never really worried about it before, so the instruction was helpful. In the end they were painted in a dark red that was very striking. Not long after my toenails were the same color.

The third area I was led to had a lot of makeup sitting on the counters, and I knew that my fate led to a total conversion. The makeup artist was a really friendly girl who took the time to show me everything she was doing; helping to reinforce the minimal knowledge I had on how to do Megan's makeup. She even created a list of everything she used, and Mom agreed to purchase it.

I looked amazing! Staring at myself in the mirror when all was said and done, I couldn't see Brett anymore and Megan had never looked prettier! My eyes were dark and smoky, and I looked...exotic. I never realized how good I could look, and I was speechless with the results!

"You look amazing!" my mom voiced my thoughts. She was standing behind me at the mirror, and she looked happier than I had seen her in a long time.

It was getting hard to think of a reason to go back to being a boy.

*  *  *

Chapter 7 - Like a Record, Baby Right Round Round Round
Coming Soon...

 

up
262 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It was getting hard to think of a reason...

Andrea Lena's picture

...to go back to being a boy.This experience is more than just a fanciful opportunity for singing and such, but is exactly what she was looking for to help her decide exactly what she wanted, I believe. This story is playing out so well and so authentically, if slower than some of us wish. Thank you, Megan, for your delightful tale!


She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Girly Girl

ALISON

Our heroine is on a roller coaster ride to her eventual
femininity aided and abetted by a definite "Stage Mom".
Don't stop now ! Much love,Alison

ALISON

They do say that

good things come in small dose's and this nice little chapter in this sweet story is certainly no exception, Lovely writing Megan, More soon please.

Kirri

Sarah Carerra-6

Actually a page boy style cut is unisex and would hide the earrings.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Sarah Carrera 1.06

Megan is definitely driving nails in Brett's coffin. When Sarah Carrera comes on stage, she'll drive even more nails in his coffin. I just hope 'Brett' can survive the bullies for the next three weeks.