My Mistake: Chapter 22

Printer-friendly version
My Mistake: Chapter 22
Samantha Jenkins

Chapter 22

Five minutes before third period was over Mr. Thompson knocked on the door of Mr. Hopkins room. Mr. Hopkins poked his head in and pointed at Katie and I, and then beckoned us to the hall way. Mr. Hopkins nodded. We had already gone and spoken to Mr. Hopkins about our missing assignments from the previous day. We had some additional work that wasn’t included in the batch of homework we got the previous night. Katie and I packed our stuff up and stood. I felt as if every eye in the room was watching us go, and everyone was probably watching us go. We walked out in the hallway and Mr. Thompson smiled at us.

“How was Hopkins’ class?” Mr. Thompson asked.

“It was like algebra, kinda boring and I wonder if I will ever use it.” Mr. Thompson smiled. Officer Mullin walked down the hall. He stopped next to Mr. Thompson.

“How’s it going, Morgan?” Officer Mullin asked. I looked at him.

“Good, Sir. No problems to speak of yet, not that I am expecting any.” I said.

“Good. Let me know if you have any problems.” Officer Mullin said, gave a playful salute to Mr. Thompson, and then continued on down the hall.

“What class is next?” Mr. Thompson asked. He was relying on us to know our schedules, which was fine as they wouldn’t change for another month.

“Study hall, in the upper gym.” I replied. After study hall, we had lunch, and then Katie and I were separated for the only part of the day, which would be when I had typing. After that Katie and I would meet again for business management. I looked at Mr. Thompson “Actually,I wanted to talk to you about college. I want to go into psychiatry.”

“I’m staying with her as much as possible, so I’ll come along too.” Katie said. Mr. Hopkins nodded, and turned to head toward the stairs that would take us back down stairs so that we could go over to the upper gym and then back down to Mr. Thompson’s office. When we got to the stairs, Mr. Thompson held the door open so that Katie and I could go ahead of him down the steps. When we got to the bottom of the steps, Mr. Thompson had opened the door for us.

“Thank you, Mr. Thompson.” I said as I walked past.

“You’re thanking me for holding a door open for a lady like I was brought up to do?” He chuckled. “We should be offering classes on politeness, but somehow I don’t think that Mr. Gallagh would go for that.”

“Yeah, Probably not. It’s something that has to be taught at home, not school.” Katie said.

“True.” Mr. Thompson said. “Not that most people would take it or even use the knowledge that they gain. The doors that went up to the balcony that made up the upper gym were propped open on the fire latches. Mr. Thompson would have probably let us walk up first, but we were wearing shorter skirts so he went up first. All of the doors upstairs were propped open on the fire latches as well. We walked into the upper Gym, and I stayed away from the edge of the balcony. Two years ago when I had been a freshman, I had been down on the gym floor and had looked up to attempt to catch a ball that was flying my way when I noticed a girl that was walking on the balcony and had a glimpse up her skirt because of where she was standing. I knew I had seen her panties as they were neon pink and her skirt was black. The ball had hit me on the head, and I was pretty much laughed out of the gym class. We walked up to Mrs. Jackson, who also taught in the music department.

“Morning Mr. Thompson, Katie, new person.” She said, with a chuckle. I smiled.

“Morning Mrs. Jackson.” Katie and I said in unison.

“Josh?” She asked astonished. So far she was the first person to correctly guess who I was.

“In the flesh, but not the clothes. My name is Morgan.” I said to her, flashing a smile.

“Actually the reason that we came up was that Morgan and I were going to discuss college stuff. Katie’s going to come with us.” Mr. Thompson said. Mrs. Jackson nodded, and marked us as attending study hall. The three of exited the upper gym and headed for Mr. Thompson’s office. He let us go down the steps first, and then opened the door to the guidance office. We walked down the hall to where Mr. Thompson’s office actually was and walked in with him. Katie and I smoothed our skirts as we sat down.
“Morgan where were you wanting to go to school?” Mr. Thompson asked.

up
105 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Feeling

ALISON
This is a good story with warmth,feeling and empathy
and I sincerely hope it continues.It is predictable but pleasant and deserves more support.

ALISON

My Mistake

I am really enjoying this story. It appears to be well written and well thought out, I do however have one complaint and that is that the chapters are to short.

Melanie

My Mistake: Chapter 22

Love the way that Morgan is truly blossoming into a young lady.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

ok while i get the reason for

ok while i get the reason for wanting to go into the gender field what happened to wanting to be an architect.