My Mistake: Chapter 24

Printer-friendly version
My Mistake: Chapter 24
Samantha Jenkins
Research for school, and an altercation...


Katie and I walked into Mrs. Perkins office. Mrs. Perkins looked at Katie, and then looked at me.

“Wow. I think you are prettier than what everyone is saying you are, Morgan.” I felt my cheeks turn red. I guessed when you were the cause of the principal of a school loosing her job, people, especially the staff, who I’m sure had heard what was going on before Mr. Gallagh had even showed up to relieve Mrs. Paskley of her duties.

“What can I do for you, hun?” I handed her the note. She read it and then looked at me. “Is your student ID number staying the same or are you being re-entered into the system?” She asked. Katie and I glanced at each other. Mr. Thompson hadn’t said.

“I’m not sure, Mrs. Perkins,” I answered. She smiled and motioned for me to sit in front of a blue piece of paper that had been attached to the wall.

“Ok, Well, I’ll go ahead and take the picture for your new ID, and call down to Mr. Thompson to find out about the student ID number. While I’m doing that, go find an empty computer and log in and you can start doing the research you need for school.” I nodded and then sat on the stool, Mrs. Perkins stood behind the computer and a few seconds later, looked at me. “Smile.” She said; I did. “Go research. If you need to make any calls, Come in here to do it.” Mrs. Perkins apparently anticipated the need for me to make phone calls while doing my research. I looked at her.

“Thank you,” I said, standing to execute a slight curtsy, which elicited giggles from Katie and brought a smile to Mrs. Perkins’ face. I looked at Katie. “What?”

“Where did you learn to do that?” Katie asked.

“I learned for the play,” I said, turning to leave Mrs. Perkins’ office and walking toward . Katie followed me to a computer and sat next to me. I used my current logon and password to log into the computer. As I waited for it to display my desktop, I idly wondered how long it would take the person in charge of the computer systems at the district office to change the information.

“I don’t recall you curtseying during the play.” Katie said, after logging into the computer next to me. I double clicked on the icon to get on the internet.

“That’s because I didn’t,” I said. Katie did a double take. “Mom and Jennifer wanted to make sure that I knew how, just in case I needed to. It was kind of nice watching your faces though.”

“Why did your mom and Jennifer want to make sure you knew how to curtsy?” Katie asked, her brow furrowed. “I don’t even think I could curtsy.” She said, clicking on a link on the computer. I glanced over at her and frowned.

“I bet I could teach you.” I said, emailing my self some information Katie glanced at the clock, and then me.

“It’s almost lunch time,” She said, logging off of the computer. I glanced at the clock on the computer that I was using and saw that she was right. I logged off and stood, my knees cracking. I walked over to Mrs. Perkins’ door and knocked on it. I saw her reach over and open the door, she motioned for me to come in.

“Ok, Mr. Thompson, I’ll let her know.” Mrs. Perkins said into the phone and then placed the handset back in the cradle. She looked up at me, smiled, and then handed me my new ID. I looked at it. She must have just printed it, as the plastic card was still warm; Gave new meaning to the term ‘hot off the press’. “Mr. Thompson wants Katie and you to swing by his office as soon as you girls are done with lunch.” I nodded, and Mrs. Perkins held out her hand. “Give me the old one, Missy.” I smiled and dug my old ID out of my book bag and handed it to her. She looked at it and then looked at me. “I wondered how long it was going to take…” Mrs. Perkins said, “You girls need to get to lunch.” I smiled, executed another curtsy, and watched Mrs. Perkins smile. I left Mrs. Perkins office and then looked at my ID. I must admit I thought I looked pretty.

#

Katie and I were sitting at a table close to one of the exits of the commons area so that we could make a quick exit toward the office to see Mr. Thompson. I had seen Officer Mullin talking to Mr. Jackson, one of the PE teachers, and one of the football coaches. Ever since then, Mr Jackson had been kinda close to where Katie and I sat. I’m sure that there had been rumors flying around the school that I hadn’t heard, but I also knew that those would be quickly quelled by members of the schools mediation club, who would politely remind those spreading the rumors that they were subject to suspension for the content of the rumors. Kaite and I were walking toward the main office, which was on the opposite end of the school when suddenly I was grabbed from behind and shoved into the wall rather roughly. I felt my head bounce off the wall and briefly saw stars. I recognized the student as James Petry. He was on the football team and a good one hundred fifty pounds heaver than me, throw in his additional foot in height, his muscular build, and well, I was pretty much dead meat.

“You’d better watch your back, faggot,” he said menacingly. He pulled his fist back to punch me. I took his fist in the gut, which doubled me over, but it didn't’ incapacitate me like he thought it would have. With one quick, practiced move, I struck out with my right foot, catching his common peroneal. He dropped to both knees as his right leg gave out in a sympathy reaction to the impact to his left leg. He blinked a few times, and then swung his fist again. I still hadn’t come back up to a standing posture, so this hit caught me square in the jaw. I blinked twice and swung around on my left foot in a clockwise direction, I caught James in the shoulder blades with all one hundred ten pounds of force that I had and sent his body crashing to the floor, face first. I stepped on his left hand and Katie, who had finally realized that I was no longer beside her stepped on his right. I reached up and wiped a little bit of blood from my mouth. Officer Mullin came around the corner as the students in the common area finally realized that there was a fight that had happened. As Officer Mullin pulled his handcuffs out of the pouch on his belt, I let up on James’ hand. Next thing I knew I was falling backwards and landed rather roughly on the floor, skidding across to the far side of the hallway and feeling my head bounce off the wall a second time. This time the stars didn’t dissipate as quickly. I looked over at Katie, who had firmly planted her boot on the side of James’ face and was pushing down as Officer Mullin handcuffed him. Students came surging from what seemed like everywhere, as did staff. Katie rushed to my side. My brian was processing everything in slow motion.

“Morgan, Are you ok?” I looked at her.

“Why, yes, I am, beautiful,” I smiled up at her. “I have a headache now, but yes, I think other than that I’m fine.” I saw a look of relief cross Katie’s face.

“Close your legs, you are flashing half the student body.” Katie whispered in my ear. I blushed, I think, and pulled my legs together.

“Aren’t you going to arrest the faggot, Officer?” James asked. Officer Mullin shot him a look.

“No, She didn’t do anything more than defend her self.” Officer Mullin said. He reached up for his microphone.

“Twenty eight, I need an incident and CFS, also start a street unit, I have a code three on a seven. I’ll call the radio room in a few for info on the card.”

“Copy twenty eight, twelve oh six.” His radio crackled. There were murmurs from the students as they didn’t know what the codes that Officer Mullin had said over the radio were, everyone was talking trying to figure out what was said…

“That faggot hit me first.” James said from his position on the floor. He knew he was in deep shit, and was trying to get out of it. Katie stood and offered her hands. I reached up and grabbed them and winced. I slowly stood, using the wall for support. I stood, leaning against the wall for a second allowing my equilibrium to realize that it wasn’t moving any more.

“You want to argue that with a video tape, Mr. Petry?” Officer Mullin pointed at a camera that was mounted in the ceiling of the hallway. “I was coming down the hallway and saw the whole thing anyway; and, next time you pick on someone, you shouldn’t pick on a girl who’s father was a police officer who had trained his daughter in the fine art of self defense.” I saw James’ forehead hit the floor. I wiped some more blood off my lip. It felt as if everything was still intact. My lip was split, I was sure that I had a bruise on my face, and I still felt like I had been punched in the gut, mainly because I had been. Katie looked at me.

“You think you can walk to the nurses office?” She asked, I looked at her, and then at James, who had a little bit of blood trickling from his nose. I guessed it was from where he fell to the floor I felt a small twinge of satisfaction, knowing that I had at least inflicted some damage on my opponent. I really hoped that word would go forth from here that I would defend my self. We started walking toward the hallway that would take Katie and I toward the schools offices. When we got to the nurses office, the school nurse, Mrs Price, took one look at me and had me lay down on one of the two cots.

“What happened?” Mrs. Price asked, pulling a pen light out of her pocket. The school district actually paid to employ licensed RN’s rather than people that were licensed as a school nurse. Mrs. Price shone the light in my left eye, and then she moved to my right. She disappeared for a second, and then reappeared.

“James Petry tried to beat her up. I think she hit her head on the wall when she was sent flying across the hallway.” Katie said.

“Honey, do you know what your name is?” Mrs. Price asked. I blinked.

“Morgan Danielle Smith,” I said. “Formerly Joshua Allen Smith” Mrs. Price smiled.

“Do you know what day it is, Morgan?” She asked, holding her penlight in front of my face and moving it from side to side. I followed it with my eyes.

“Wednesday October twenty first.” I replied. “Can I at least sit up, I tend to fall asleep if I lay down.”

up
112 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

OMG

I LOVE this story, I know we should post our comments more often, sorry keep up the awesome work! =)

TELL me this jerk is getting expelled for violating school policy and getting arrested for Assualt and Battery with a Hate Crimes endorsement attached to it for his comments. pleeeeeeeeeease.... god.. makes me want to scream!!!! sigh

Sara

I really enjoy this story

I really enjoy this story too, thanks for sharing looking forward to more

Megumi :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

My Mistake: Chapter 24

Well, there are nimrods in every school who like to bully others, tooglad to see that Eve can take care of herself.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Eve?

I think you mean Morgan! :)

I assume muddling character names is a side effect of reading too many stories simultaneously on here :)

Mercifully, I haven't fallen victim to that particular curse...

...yet! And I'm sure I'm reading at least a dozen current serials simultaneously, as well as reading my way through Karen Page's SPA Universe...

 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

I didn't even notice that

I didn't even notice that slip of the keys...

Kayla

Thank goodness

James was stupid enough to try this at school with cameras focused and security staff moments away. Too often such crimes are done in the darkness and away from others, kind of like the dark and hateful people who perpetrate those acts.

Keep up the good work!

SuZie

SuZie

Your right SuZie

Pamreed's picture

The 3 men who attacked me did it in a dark parking lot!! I was lucky some other men came a long and chased them off!
I shudder to think what could have been the outcome if they did not come!! The lession I learned was to not be in
places like that by myself!! It is sad that we have to be careful for just being ourselves!! I hope the SOB gets
what he deserves, some jail time!!! My attackers were lucky as I refused to have the police called. I was afraid of
what they would do to me!! That is also just so sad, to be afraid of the protection I should have in socity!!

Pamela

Action at last

Good to see that Morgan can handle herself, this may scare a few potential bullies away, they are cowards.

Good chapter Samantha.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita