The Most.....

Printer-friendly version

You've heard of them, you've seen them. Larger than life, beyond all reason, understanding and morality than should be allowed. Hell, you've probably held one in your hands. But this is the story of one particular family and the problems that arise when you find yourself in abundance... of stuff you don't really need.


The Most...

by Allystra Krane.

"Honey?"

"Yes sweetie?"

"It's happened again," was the reply.

"I am aware of that."

"Is it still nearby?"

"I think it's out in the garden this time dear," came the reply very calmly.

"Are you sure?"

"I have a very good hunch it didn't get very far,"

"You can see the damn medallion from the kitchen window, can't you?"

"Yes, now hurry up. Your breakfast is getting cold and I'm sure you don't want to have to sit down to pee."

"Quite."


Michael was an average teenager. Average in the ways that count in the eyes of other teenagers. To certain other people, however. Michael was anything but.

On this day, Michael sat up out of bed, looked down and sighed at the view. It wasn't as though breasts weren't as enjoyable as one would think, but since Michael had been born a boy, well they just shouldn't have been there.

A gentle caress of his, now her, feminine features before standing up and moving over to the wardrobe where she looked herself over in the mirror bolted to the inside of the wardrobe door and then began rummaging through a bin inside.

She found a solid purple colored pair of cotton panties and examined them closely, inside and out, testing the elastic and rubbing her fingers over almost every inch of fabric before sighing again and putting them on.

Next came black leggings, a denim skirt, turtleneck and denim vest. Each article was examined as thoroughly as her underwear.

Just as she was buttoning up the vest, her hand slid across her left fabric-covered nipple and she cursed, then sighed and took off the vest, shirt and then applied Anti-perspirant to her underarms before locating a bra.

The bra was also examined with all the intensity of someone inspecting for a single speck of dust, before she sighed once again and put it on.

With the turtleneck and vest once again on, buttoned, collar folded down and hair freed from against her neck, she stepped down out of the wardrobe and closed it.

As she walked away, a strange symbol made of circles, triangles and many characters of a strange language glowed briefly across it's front surface before fading away again.

Michael had moved into her bathroom and pulled down her skirt and leggings, took care of business and then wriggled around under the multiple waistbands until she was comfortable again.


"A package from from... Cairo? Do we know anyone there?"

"Your aunt Silvia was going there on holiday,"

"Well, her attached letter says that she just 'happened' to have found 'the most darling thing' for Michael while checking out some of the street vendors there."

"Put it in the box George..."

"But, don't you?"

"Put it in the box, Please. You remember the Ancient Tibetan Tapestry, don't you?"

"Yes dear."


Michael came walking down the stairs. She made care to avoid touching the third and eighth steps and the ever-widening crack on the fifth.

"Dad, the crack's getting bigger!"

"I know," said her father, sitting in his rocker, looking at the paper. "I have some 'treated' lumber coming today by express post for just such a purpose."

Michael's father then lowered the paper just enough so he could see his child. He nodded his head and went back to reading.

"Honey, did I hear..." said Michael's mother as she came out of the kitchen holding a spoon in one hand that was gloved in a medieval gauntlet.

"Mom!" Shrieked Michael, "What are you doing with that spoon?"

"You have to admit dear," Michael's mother smugly replied, "that it does a fine job mixing up pancakes."

"I've just lost my appitite," Michael replied with a sigh.

"Mine too," her father chimed in.

"Phooey on both of you," Michael's mother said. "As long as you don't touch the handle, you're fine."

"Please put it in the box, Mom," said Michael.

"Alright fine, but tell me why... why... why you're a girl again?"

"We go over this every single time," Michael replied as her put her hand to her forehead.

"You didn't sleep with the cursed body pillow again, did you?"

"Not since I was twelve!" she replied.

"The vengeful ghost?"

"Taken care of and on to her next life."

"I didn't make the demon chili recipe again, did I?"

"I haven't eaten any of your chili since that day, demon possessed or otherwise..."

"Where is the Elvis recording?"

"Burned."

"The latex voodoo dolls?"

"Those too."

"The Lost trident of Atlantis?"

"We sold that to the Smithsonian Institute. Call them, I'm sure they still have it under lock and key."

"What about the alien DNA?"

"Back with the rest of the alien, where he belongs. In area 52."

"Bikini Beach tickets?"

"Not this month, it's February, even on the east coast. I do think the beach is under snow."

"The medallion of Zu?"

"I heard you two bickering about it this morning, but I'm ME, not some girl from school."

"Cursed clothing?"

"I was a girl already when I got up, but I double-checked this outfit before I put them on."

"The bathroom toilet seat again?!"

"That was only that horrible never-cleaned dump on the way to Saskatchewan! That's Never happened here."

"The third step?"

"No..."

"The eighth?"

"No again..."

"the crack on the fifth?"

"Geez mom, it was just that one time!"

"Mystic Quest?"

"Not yet anyway, but I have a feeling that next weekend will be another dungeon crawl."

"That devilish wizard from the shop in the mall?"

"I still remember hearing him say that he pitied me, so no."

"School project?"

"What the hell school do you think I go to anyway? Whatley Academy?"

"Jilted Girlfriend?"

"As if I ever had one to begin with. I am too busy fighting off boys."

"Jilted BOYfriend then?"

"MOM!!"

"You pissed off a witch?"

"The one next door is kind enough to take care of that problem for me, no."

"I know I have incinerated every monkey paw, bronze and wooden idols and pictures of Miley Cirus that have ever entered this house.

I took down the evil painting of your great-great grandmother Giselda and deleted any and all Abba songs off my MP3 player, so what is it that caused you to become a girl THIS TIME?"

"It's Thursday," was Michael's reply.

There was a long pause.

"Oh, yes. I forgot completely."

"As you have every Thursday for the last four months," Michael replied. "Well, I've got to go. All this arguing and I'll be late for school. Do we have any breakfast bars?"

"None that I'd send with you," her mother replied cheerfully.

As Michael, currently known to her school and everyone who had ever met her as Michelle, walked past her father to the front door, she calmly asked:

"Could I have a few bucks for the McDonald's on the way to school?"

He handed her several two-dollar bills. "Remember, nothing with the special sauce!"

"Of course dad," she said as she kissed him on the forehead and then whispered. "Try to get that spoon away from her and into the safe box. I think we can add 'Indirect transfers' to it's warning list."

"Don't worry sweetie, I'll make sure your father's head, in my body, is cleared up by the time you get home."

"I thought you switched?"

"So does he, incidentally."

"Wow, that is some spoon."

"Indeed, now off to school."


Author's note: I wrote this while tired off my ass and I thought it was funny. I'd like to see if people a little better slept than me agree.

BTW, the title used to have a third word that I purposely left out. It starts with a C.

up
121 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Bwahahaha!!

To how many different universes does it allude to? Ten? Twenty?
Can anyone please make a full list?

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Allystra, if this is how you write...

Allystra, if this is how you write... when you are "tired off your ass"
Then please feel free to stay up as late as you wish.
That was fun!

LMAO

Very funny! Now I'm worried, 'cause I recognized so many of the references....

Janice

Fun romp!

I love it! We go though every explaination in the book, every book, and what is it in the end?
I Can't Tell You!
No spoilers! :)
You even have this thing going at the beginning that's makes no sense at all until you read the very ending! And you did this while tired? Wow! What a tease!!!! LOL

More coming?

Hugs!
Grover

Just one question...

Andrea Lena's picture

....I may have to move soon; are there any houses for sale in the neighborhood?


She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

This is The Most funny funny story, Allystra.

Very funny, and very clever. Thank you so much for the giggle this morning.
I didn't quite spit my coffee into my keyboard, but that was only because I
had checked out the comments first, and had carefully asked our house elf to
hold it for me...

Just superb, Allystra.

Sarah Lynn Morgan

It almost didn't happen...

Let me let you all of you in on the greatest part about this story.

It almost didn't happen.

What you are looking at above is the first draft, original copy. Original, meaning it didn't exist last night until I started with Three words "It's Thursday Michael" and a loose premise and began from there. It ended up being easier to have Michael say the line him/herself.

No rewrites, no editing for content, just me, bloodshot eyes and cackling so maniacally at my desk that I am surprised I never woke my roommates, and "penned" that out, Pardon the reference, in just over an hour.

I hit Submit about... 10 seconds before the server went down for the nightly maintainence. I forgot completely about that.

I tried my best to mentally save my work in my head so if the day dawned and this wasn't here, I could rewrite from scratch. It wouldn't have been as good, humor-wise admittedly, but I hate losing something I poured out my heart into.

I nearly squealed with joy seeing it still sitting here.

One problem with not editing, is not having a chance to explain things. The symbol on Michael's wardrobe was a mystic ward to prevent any clothing inside from being "tampered with"

I hope that even those who didn't comment enjoyed that. It was cathartic for me and if all of you had told me how much it sucked, I wouldn't have cared... but I knew you wouldn't.


"If there are any Psychics in the room, Please raise My hand." - Emo Philips, Comedian

Back Story

I'm trying to imagine a possible back story that could have led up to this point... the mind boggles.

Brilliant stuff. I cackled for a good ten minutes over it. On the other hand, glad I don't live anywhere near there!

Penny

At Some point

KristineRead's picture

Of course at some point, you really have to ask yourself if you are Michael, perhaps the universe is trying to tell me something...

Still LMAO over this... great job Allystra.

Hugs,

Kristy

Funny as hell. Loved it.

Funny as hell.
Loved it.

That's good one.

That's good one.

Oh, Heck, Heck, Heck,

I got most of the references, but I don't understand. :-( What can I do? I read it three times. What's the "C" word? Why can't I understand? Argggg.....

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Ready for work, 1992. Renee_3.jpg

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

The Most.....

Well, if they were to ride the TransBike, I can promise one thing, NO MORE CHANGES! :) Well, uness thay WANT them, that is. ha! Ha!

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Weird...

I thought for sure I commented on this, darn it Chelsea hit the button TWICE, anyway OMG this short story had me in giggle fits, I love it so much xD Ally Kat you are AWESOME as always ;3 You and Angel o Hare are still my favorite writers :D

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Bisexual, transsexual, gamer girl, princess, furry that writes horror stories and proud ^^

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Sometimes...

... you just gotta love the Random Solos feature! Even though I have read it before, I still think this is a hilarious story!

Nifty!

LibraryGeek's picture

This is the first of your stories I've read, but I think I may look into your others, if this is representative of your work. Hilariously funny. I didn't catch all of the references, but I caught a bunch of them.

Yours,

JohnBobMead

Yours,

John Robert Mead

Don't know;... I continually

Don't know;... I continually hit a couple of those jinxes
daily with no luck : (
I keep trying.

alissa

The Most Cursed?

Daphne Xu's picture

Oh, my! Seems as if everything's after the family to change them.

-- Daphne Xu