Home That Love Built-The Doctor Is In

Printer-friendly version
Home That Love Built-The Doctor Is In
By Stanman63
Thanks To Catherine Linda Michel for allowing me to post

Synopsis:Steven Garber is a doctor who's past is about to give him the opportunity to honor a vow he made to his best friend when he meets Cathy.

Disclaimer: This is fiction. All the characters and events portrayed here are fictional, and any resemblance to real people or incidents is purely accidental and unintentional. I as the author reserves all rights. This is part of Cathy’s The Home That Love Built universe. Thanks for letting me play here for a while. Plus a big thanks because she proofed it too! Thanks Cathy! Any remaining errors, or mistakes are mine! Enjoy!

[-][+][-]
Here I am, standing at the open gate which leads into a big parking lot. I can see several vehicles parked near the main entrance. The big, rainbow colored sign on the post by the road bids me welcome.

I hope it's true. I head for the front doors and notice that, as I get there, I am being scanned by a camera. The doors open, and I find myself in a softly lit entry area. A voice comes over a speaker in the ceiling.

"Please, make yourself at home, Steven. I am Cathy, and will be with you shortly," came a sweet voice over the intercom.

"Thank you, do you have any French vanilla coffee? I could use a cup."

"Sure thing. You are my guest. Give me just a moment, and I'll have the coffee ready. And if you wish too, we also have a room if you wish to spend the night."

I sat down in very comfy recliner that faced a hearth with a big screen T.V. in it and speakers and DVD players on the mantle. I'd selected a popular comedy when I saw a matronly woman in a yellow sundress place a ray with my coffee, and a platter of peanut butter cookies, "I am Cathy. Welcome to my Home."

I stood up and bowed to her, "Thank you, dear Lady for asking me to visit."

She glided in and sat in the other recliner, "Well, after you took over the care of young Shelly, I had to find out about you."

"Oh?"

"Yes, there are very few doctors wiling to help others away from the hospital, let alone those who are in the Home that Love Built," she sighed.

"Okay, But you still didn't need to invite me over. As a doctor, I am always ready to help others. It's a part of the Oath that I took."

She smiled as she sipped her drink, "But let's be frank, please. I know that there's more to your story, and unless I am mistaken, will feel at home, here."

He cleared his throat, "Miss Michel, I am barely able to stay open as it is. I simply can't take any time off for a vacation."

She gently laughed, "Oh Steven, you need not worry about your practice. That I can guarantee."

"Oh?"

"Yes, your loans have been paid up, as of last night, and your rent is and utilities are paid up for the year, as well. And I was glad to do it, too."

"But why? I am no one special," he demurred as he finished his coffee.

Linda quickly refilled his cup, "Steven, I 'KNOW" better than that! You are so quick to help others because of your past. Please, tell me what happened."

Steven sighed, knowing that NOW, he could tell the truth without reservation, "My best friend Jesse, was a girl born in a boy's body. She told me when we were in preschool, and I accepted Jesse as a girl from then on."

"Most girls like Jesse know the truth about themselves that young, so please don't think that she was wrong," Cathy pleaded.

"I don't, Cathy. My parents taught me to accept others as they saw themselves."

"Oh?"

"Yes. You see, my mother was intersexed. She died from cancer before I entered college."

"No wonder you accepted Jesse. But where is she now?"

"She hung herself," Steven sighed as he wept bitter tears of remorse.

Cathy glided over and held him as he shed a storm of tears over his dead friend, thoroughly soaking Cathy's blouse, revealing her chemise under neath. After his crying fit, she used a towelette and gently dried his face.

"She was more than a friend, wasn't she?"

"Yes, I was ready to propose to her when things got out of hand in our senior year. And her tormentors are yet to pay for their crime!"" he fumed.

Cathy gave him a warm smile, "I can't help with any justice, but I can listen, if you wish," she offered.

"Thanks, Lady Cathy. That's plenty for me, as at least now, their true colors are known and are reviled by the community. So, maybe at least social justice is served with them being ostracized and left out of any community projects."

"Now, now, Steven. I am simply Cathy. I am a simple woman," she gently chided him.

"Sorry, Cathy. But Momma taught me to respect women."

"That's alright. Now, tell me about Jesse," Cathy asked as she sat back down after seeing to his coffee, again.

"Well, it was at graduation that things came to a head with the bashers. They were all jocks and listened to Coach Trucker about being a 'Man's Man' in sports. But he NEVER did condone any actions against Jesse."

"Then why did they do it?"

"Lance Henrison, the high school's quarterback had put out the rumor that Jesse had 'done' him in the back seat of his car, only to be laughed at when he learned about Jesse."

"So, Lance didn't know about Jesse?"

"No, he was a recent transfer, and quite frankly, nobody ever thought to tell him before he put out the rumor."

"Was there a chance?"

He sighed, "No, not really. She helped him to move in, over the summer as they were neighbors. When he saw her in school, he made his claim in the lunchroom, only to have MOST of the students laugh at him."

"What about the others?"

"They were jocks and were confirmed homophobes. But they had no leader, until Lance came along."

"I see. So Lance caused everything?"

"Yes, he began a smear campaign that divided the sent body over Jesse's gender and even caused the faculty to get involved by calling an assembly in the gymnasium, but it was too late. We saw Jesse hanging from the basketball basket, with the ladder kicked away," he sighed.

Cathy hugged him, "Did you know that she was committing suicide?"

"I don't know, all that I do know is that she was very happy, the night before, as if she'd made a choice."

"She did, you saw her choice. She chose Peace."

"But doesn't the Bible say that suicide in unforgivable?"

"Was she a Church member?"

"Yes, we BOTH were baptized together. She Loves God, if that helps, any."

Cathy smiled, "Then Jesse is in Heaven, Steven. She chose Peace, God's Peace over her turmoil."

"But I miss her so much! I am empty without her!"

"She knows, Steven. But she also freed you from being tied to her, too."

"Huh?"

"If she'd lived, where would you two be, now?"

"Probably setting up a home and my practice, why?"

"Would you be willing to help out girls like her?"

"No, more than likely, I'd be looking out for myself, not thinking about girls like her," he admitted.

Cathy smiled, "I'm glad to see that you're honest about yourself. Where exactly is your practice?"

"Believe it or not, next door, in the mansion with the broken fountain. Why?"

"I offer you a chance to help other Jesses by joining my staff, here."

"Cathy, I'd love to, but I also want to continue my practice."

"Simple, I will buy the property and then you will stay there, rent free. But will be on call, here and train others in the basics."

"I have a question, before we go on."

"What's your question?"

"How can you afford to do all of this?"

"Simple, I won a lottery, and am using the winnings to help others."

"But why?"

"I am like Jesse."

Steven looked at her in wonder, "But you look so feminine!"

Cathy blushed, "Thanks, Steven. That's what EVERY girl here wants to here."

"Well, there are those who can help, other than me."

"True, but what do the girls need to do before you can help?"

"And you will finance their training?"

"Yes."

"Training others will cost a lot."

"I am ready, Steven."

"Okay, but any student that I teach, or recommend for further training MUST keep up their grades."

"I expect nothing less, myself."

"Before I can teach, any of my students must be taking a college course. As a General Practitioner, I can give C.P.R. Training, and enlist students as my staff."

"Do you live in the mansion?"

"Yes, and there is room for others, if you need the room."

"No, we can use those rooms for any girls who are sick, or need you."

"That includes S.R.S. too."

"Oh?"

"Yes, I chose to be a G.P., but I specialized in S.R.S. to honor Jesse."

Cathy smiled, stood up and held out her hand, "Welcome to the Home That Love Built."

Steven smiled and wept, "Yes, I am finally home."
[-][+][-]
Home That Love Built Welcomes You
Finis

up
42 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Complete solution

Nice addition to the storyline and home - now the residents can even complete their transition "in-house", and it also looks as though Steven will help out with any that are studying medicine.

 


There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Yes, Steven's Addition

Will help the girls in becoming who they need to be.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

A rather nice way to add to

A rather nice way to add to the Home staff. Steven will be a tremendous help to Cathy and her other assistants. Jan

finally home

Another piece of the puzzle falls into place. More and more, I wish this home was real

DogSig.png