Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 921.

Printer-friendly version
Wuthering Dormice
(aka Bike)
Part 921
by Angharad

Copyright © 2010 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

“Hey, bitch, woss in da case?” One of the robbers had noticed my brief case.

“Nothing to interest you,” I retorted, irritated that these idiots were going to make me late home.

“Dat’s fo me ter decide–open it, bitch.” He walked up to me and waved the gun in my face. I should have been scared–for all I knew he was a total psycho–but I wasn’t, I was annoyed, fast moving up to very annoyed.

“Open da case.”

“Say please and I might,” I stood my ground. My hands were still up in the air.

“Don’t get smart wid me,” he poked me none too gently in the midriff. I’d now have a bruise there–this man was beginning to really annoy me.

“Compared to you, the average slow worm looks quick.”

He pulled back the hammers on his gun and aimed it at my face. “Shall I jus’ blow dis priddy face away?”

I shrugged but maintained eye contact–I had to die one day–but somehow didn’t believe it was going to be today. On the other hand his life span was possibly shortening by the moment.

“Woss in da case?”

“Papers–about rodents. I’m an expert on pests–I deal with them–savvy?”

“Yo gonna die, smart ass bitch.”

“We’re all going to, but I think you’ll be dead long before me. The silent alarm has been running for several minutes now–armed police are on their way, with a swat team. If I were you, I’d run like hell.” I told him what I thought, he looked at the manager.

“Is dat true–da alarm–is it runnin’?”

“Probably,” was his response, he was shaking as he spoke. If I was shaking it was with anger.

I tried to weigh things up–I could probably take one of them, which would leave two. Others may be shot by accident or in panic–I’d have to bide my time, also my skirt was probably a bit tight for aiming kicks any higher than his waist.

I was aware no one had come into the bank for several minutes–the police were probably outside already, waiting for them to emerge–evacuating shops nearby and lining up marksmen. I thought I could hear the helicopter, so could our little would-be robber.

Suddenly, the robber at the desk fired his shotgun into the ceiling, blowing a hole in an Edwardian masterpiece–I was incensed. “Here, take the bloody case.” I bent down and picked up the case and swung it upwards against his gun, which went off once again damaging the decor of the bank–however, despite the bang, I continued my swing and caught him in the face. He fell backwards on to the floor and banged his head as he fell with a sickening thud.

The third robber came rushing at me and didn’t see the customer push a chair in his path, he fell over it and I smacked his head with the case–he took no further part in the action. Two women customers, obviously inspired by my act of resistance grabbed at the first robber as he was trying to reload his gun. He pushed them away as I ran straight at him, somersaulted on the floor–which was hard–and kicked him with both feet somewhere near his groin and belly.

He fell over, and another customer an oldish man, kicked him hard as he fell. I managed to jump up and removed the gun from his hand; he was holding his groin and groaning.

“Keep away from the door,” I shouted, “Someone call the police–tell them it’s safe to enter, but we need assistance to keep these thugs safe.”

I noticed the first one attempt to rise and a customer hit him with a chair, quite hard. I hoped he hadn’t killed him.

The video cameras would have recorded much of the action–all I wanted to do was pee and go home. Moments later, armed police stormed into the building and picked up the villains, who were cuffed and dragged away.

“Where did you learn to do all that?” asked the astonished bank manager.

“Learn to do that? I didn’t learn it, that was improvisation–I was just blowed if those morons were going to vandalise a listed building. I hope we’re going to sue them for repairs.”

“Duh?” said the manager.

Amazingly in the confusion, I managed to slip away from the bank–though that horrible robber had broken my thermometer with his face. I knew when I got home that they’d be round to see me and ask stupid questions. It’s what they do, even though they have the film of me doing my version ofDie hard–with attitude. Oh, by the way I have more hair than Bruce Willis but fewer muscles, and I wasn’t in a dirty singlet for several hours. Unfortunately, the bad guys didn’t look like Jeremy Irons or Alan Rickman or I might have been more gentle with them.

Thankfully, we’d finished dinner when a police car followed by a plain car pulled into the drive. I had warned everyone that I’d left a crime scene without permission.

I answered the door, and led the police into the lounge. “Lady Catherine Cameron?”

“I am.”

“I have a warrant for your arrest.”

“On what grounds?”

“Leaving the scene of a crime and removing vital evidence.”

“Evidence–oh my case?”

He nodded.

“You realise that this is going to make you all look rather foolish.”

“I’ll take that risk.” Superintendent Judd, then cautioned me and asked me if I’d come quietly or would they have to use cuffs? I agreed to go quietly, but asked Stella to tell Simon and arrange a barrister immediately.

“Oh if they charge me, I want maximum publicity.”

“Why?”

“I’m fed up with being poked about by people just because they have warrant cards. So some can take early retirement, eh Inspector?” I demoted him just to wind him up.

In the car, he looked me straight in the eye and said coldly, “Look here you stupid woman, just because you’re a toff don’t mean we can’t embarrass you with a criminal record.”

“If you can prove I did anything criminal, go ahead. Oh–by the way, just because you’re a plod doesn’t mean we can’t black list you and foreclose your mortgage.”

He raised his fist at me, but took it down when I invited him to hit me.

There must be loads of decent police out there, how come I seem to meet those who think with their dicks and probably make love with their heads. I accept, I left a crime scene, having rendered it safe, with the help of some customers. I hope the bank rewards them–I’ll ask Simon to organise it. I wonder if the bank manager has dried his trousers yet–something was smelling when it was all over.

I was cautioned again and a statement requested. I declined to do anything until a lawyer arrived–he did half an hour later. In front of him I gave a statement and explained why I left the scene of the crime–I had three children to collect, I was already late when got there.

“Why didn’t you tell us this earlier?” asked the Chief Superintendent.

“No one asked me.”

“You’re like bloody Batgirl, layout the villains and disappear,” he said rolling his eyes, and my solicitor snorted.

“Yeah, but Batgirl makes a get away without the police finding out who she is.”

“Well, next time wear your outfit.”

“Have you tried finding a telephone box these days?” I replied. At this point my solicitor lost it altogether and convulsed with laughter.

In the end, I was released on condition that I didn’t run away again without informing the police. I agreed on condition that they inform the underworld that I needed to finish bashing them in time to collect my kids.

“If that video ends up on Youtube, I’ll sue,” was my parting shot.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
174 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

excellent

you'd think they'd learn, sooner or later. Any idiot in the academy learns early that it is much better to start out at low levels of control/aggression/authority/whatever and escalate as needed. You don't start off at the top end cause then you have no place to go but stupid.At least she didn't start the action this time, she responded to the shots being fired, and had help doing so. This was great.

I know there are some current or former police who read this

but I have to say. My impression is that they love the power trip and start out with the most annoying level of "authority" they can. Why be polite if you can give someone a hard time. Better yet when your "victim" is well known. One would think though that at some point the police all over Cathy's haunts would figure out that it doesn't do them any good to hassle her. The will end up on the losing end of the game every time.

Wondering why Cathy didn't have her lawyer at the house before they even showed up. By now she should be pretty good at anticipating trouble.

Evidence??

How'd someone that stupid ever get to be a Superintendant?

Cathy's briefcase was never involved in a crime, not stolen, nor ever left her possession. The bank robber never even tried to take it from her. In fact, Cathy "let him have it," so to speak. Unless the Super wants to charge Cathy with assault with a deadly weapon (her briefcase), said piece of personal property isn't evidence of anything.

Cathy's solicitor should sue the Plod for false arrest, criminal stupidity and impersonating a sentient life form.

I've Seen And Heard Of Situations

jengrl's picture

I've seen and heard of situations where the police treat the victims like suspects. It should be an open and shut case because there is plenty of evidence on video, plus all the witnesses. The idiot Superintendent should have done his homework before causing problems for Cathy. She has already got one bunch of cops in a lot of hot water for false arrest and brutality. They had more than enough to put the thugs away for a long time without worrying about Cathy leaving the scene. I think the police departments should do a top to bottom review and weed out the bad apples in the barrel. This guy is one of them. If they don't want to risk future litigation, they should be more proactive in dealing with idiots like him.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Hahahahahahaha!!!!

"Impersonating a sentient life form", good one! ^_^

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Very Funny Pippa!

"sue the Plod for false arrest, criminal stupidity and impersonating a sentient life form."

Oh Pippa, that was really good. What a hoot ! Next time I get wrongfully arrested i must remember those !

Briar

Briar

Daylight robbery.

Gosh you're out early tonight Angharad! Going somewhere special?
Once again I loved it. Bat girl yes, but where's Robina?
I hate vandalism. Lock em up for it I say; and for frightening the ordinary fold lock em up again. As to lightening the banks of their ill-gotten gains, well, - I've got mixed feelings about that one.
Keep on writing, keep on banking,
Love your work and admire your stamina churning it out every night.

Love and Hugs,
XOXO

Beverly

Beverly Taff.
This is wierd. I haven't changed my password but the site wont dispayl all my thingies at the side like 'Submit Story'!

Ah, so much fun!

Thanks Angharad!

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Relief

As I thought would happen: the robbers got their comeuppance.

...all I wanted to do was pee...

I wonder if the bank manager has dried his trousers yet—something was smelling when it was all over.

As there were no reports of Cathy disgracing herself (pretty amazing considering her acrobatics), I can only conclude that she was able to find a convenient convenience.

You've also got to wonder about police personnel being promoted beyond their level of stupidity ability. The plod thickens!

Ah well, I wonder what the next lot of mayhem will be that our intrepid authors are scheming. I reckon it won't be far away.

Preoccupying Saga


Bike Archive

Plods

Puddintane's picture

To be fair, modern police work involves following elaborate rules that often trip up the less methodical, and often results in embarrassing scandals for the branches directly involved. None-the-less, it would seem more likely that the police would get a black eye, in the public view at least, and probably in any court enquiry, since it's entirely a police cock-up that they allowed witnesses to wander away, despite having many officers present, without even a caution.

Cathy has also been subjected to trauma and great physical danger, which might well have "dazed" her, or interfered with her thought processes, so good luck getting a conviction for her supposed offense. Any good barrister would have them laid low in court straight away, and probably ding them for an abject public apology and one or more early retirements to boot.

It's entirely true that Cathy committed an assault, and that the police should be involved at least to ascertain whether the assault was justifiable or not. The British justice system doesn't allow random acts of violence against "bad guys," unless there are clear and present dangers which would seem to any reasonable person to require some level of active resistance or violence. That's what the police are for, and why they carry warrant cards which permit them to use force in apprehending criminals and intrude upon the privacy of citizens within the limits of their authority.

Cheers,

Puddin'

-

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

Rules OFF!

Does it not seem likely that once the criminal discharged his weapon that many of the rules just went null and void? The discharge, perhaps gave adequate proof of a clear and present danger? If any of this is more than fun fantasy, it is beginning to make me have a lower opinion of the English Plod.

I wonder how American Police would respond to the situation?

how American Police would respond

From my admittedly fairly limited experience of them, shoot everything that moves first and ask questions afterwards if anyone left alive !

Briar

Briar

It seems more like...

It seems more like "Shoot in the general direction of anything that moves". Every time I hear about a shooting involving multiple cops, the upshot always seems to be "Several hundred rounds fired, the victim was struck twice."

They might love their guns but apparently they can't hit the broad side of a barn at 10 paces.

Battery.jpg

That rush

It's a rare law enforcement agency that can afford to train and retrain their officers in a realistic setting that will induce that heart-pounding adrenaline rush felt during the real thing. That has a major effect on the marksmanship abilities displayed by those involved. Even the military has found that during actual combat most soldiers do not fire their weapons accurately.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

I beg to differ, please?

Andrea Lena's picture

...most police officers in the United States would respond carefully. We have a whole group of folks here who either are in law enforcement currently or are retired, who have served with dignity and honor, risking their lives every day to protect and defend the public, IMHO. :)

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Dio benedica la mia bella amici, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

I don't think many would say

Cathy didn't have good enough reason for the "assult" once the criminals started firing weapons. Glad that briefcase was available and well constructed. Maybe time to buy her one that is stronger and even more lethal. Thank you gift from the bank?

Bike pt 921

Just wait till Simon hears about this,He and his dad will teach the plods to step carefully around Cathy.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Super Cathy Strikes Again!

She's got to be an EX-2 at least! And are you sure she hasn't studied psychology? She has a nifty habit of talking herself out of awkward situations, often without needing to resort to reminding them that she has powerful friends within High Street Banks PLC.

I loved the quips about suing the robbers for damaging a Listed building, being unable to change because of a lack of telephone boxes, and threatening to sue the branch management if CCTV footage ends up on YouTube! After all, if the clip was published then taken down again within a few hours, it would give people in the know plenty of time to download copies, then upload them to their account...

 


There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Cathy needs to learn

Cathy needs to learn to use the voice memo function on her phone.
These dweebs could be hung each and every time by their own words.

h Angharad, You Are Lovely !

Well! This one was even better than I expected. Villains - minus 3, Plods - O, and Cathy 100 !

Laughed so much the wee dram I was sipping went down the wrong way and I nearly choked meself.

Brilliant.

Briar

Briar

Well at least

no-one got shot, The robbers got caught, And the police once again proved that the higher the rank of the police officer, The more stupid they are!.....Lovely stuff Angharad, Loved the dialogue,Especially the remark about pests....And it all begs one question, When will the bad guys leave Cathy alone....Seems like they will never learn!

Kirri

Posted Warning

You'd think by now all the police stations in the area would have Cathy's picture posted with the legend.

"Lady Catherine Cameron. If you encounter this woman you are to immediately contact a superior officer before speaking with or taking any actions with regard to her. Failure may result in immediate suspension."

And handwritten below would be the message "Your High Street Bank loans are also subject to immediate call."

Michelle B

I tend

To go with the police are mostly decent types theory. Cathy does seem to have a bad track record, and I suspect that inspector may get a bit of history if they have a half decent grape vine. Most organizations do.