Becoming Monica - Chapter 15

Printer-friendly version
Becoming Monica
Chapter 15

by Closetdrsr

Copyright © 2010 by Closetdrsr

 
Chapter Fifteen
 
 
On Sunday morning I finally caught up with Susan. She called to say she was ok, but had a story to tell me. She wanted me to come over after lunch. She had to go to church with her Mom. That was strange, because she rarely went to church, unless she was in the doghouse, and her Mom was angry with her.

When I got there, I found out she was grounded. Again. She told me that they had been caught at the nightclub for being underage and with a fake id. The management had called in the police just before midnight for some reason, and everyone was asked to produce their id's for inspection, and over a hundred people had been escorted from the nightclub. She said she had been lucky that she was only drinking coke at the time, which was strange, because they'd been drinking cocktails earlier. She had just been asked to leave the nightclub as her id was suspicious, and had had it confiscated by the police. To get the id back, she would need to produce additional proof of identity to the police, and since she was not Suzanne Pegg, aged 21, she said it was gone.

But she said several people had been arrested, including Mark Rogers to her great delight. I tried to act excited, and although I was pleased that Mark had been caught, I felt bad that Susan had nearly been arrested too. Not that I told her. What amazed me was that she felt proud to have been escorted from the club, like it was a right of passage or something.

She told me that her and Ginger went back to the hotel after that, and spent the day shopping in San Fran. She didn't get back until about seven last night after her Mom had come to get her. She had received a call from the police to tell her what had happened, hence why she was grounded.

Her mom said I had to go about an hour later. She said she understood that it wasn't my fault (boy was she wrong) but Susan was being punished, and would be grounded for a month. I was welcome to visit on the weekends for a couple of hours, but apart from working at the hospital, Susan would be stuck at home to teach her a lesson. Susan's cell was taken off her, and we would be allowed only 10 minutes a night on the phone.

On the way out to the car, I remembered about Harry Potter. Susan said I should still go with Samantha, as it wasn't fair on me to miss it because she got into trouble.

When I got home, I called Samantha to tell her that Susan couldn't make it to the movies. She sounded disappointed, but cheered up when I told her I was still going to go. She wanted to know if I was going to dress up as Harry. I said i didn't think so. She was disappointed, as everyone else was going to dress up. And everyone else were the 4 girls she'd invited. I was going to be the only boy in the group.

After dinner I took a chance and texted Jake. I quickly asked what had happened Saturday. I was surprised when he called back almost immediately.

"Hi Jake" I said.
"Hi. Hey sorry I didn't let you know what happened earlier" he replied.
"Can you tell me what happened? I heard the police raided the club." I asked.
"Sure. Well, I went over toward the private room to look what they were doing, and noted they were all drinking. It took me about a fifteen minutes to find the manager, but when I did, he said thanks for the info, and said he'd handle it. About half an hour later, the police turned up. Probably 30 of them I guess, maybe more as I think some undercover cops came in early to check the place out."
"Wow, that's a lot of manpower" I said.
"Yeah, and they went for the private rooms first. Turned out that all of the group with that Mark guy were underage. They were all arrested." he chuckled. "But then they started checking everyone else's id which was a bummer."
"I heard that from Susan. She was asked to leave, and had her id confiscated." I said.
"Yeah I know, Pete told me this morning." he said, then hesitated. "Pete left at the same time, said he'd see Susan and Ginger to get a taxi, and came back about 40 minutes later. The place was empty for a while."
"Why the hesitation?" I asked. "Did something happen Jake?"
"Umm, I don't know. Hey do I call you Monica or Mike?" He asked, trying to avoid an answer.
"Better call me Monica I guess, probably easier for you, but don't change the subject. What happened?" I demanded.
"Honestly, I don't know for sure." He said.
"Ok, what did Pete allude to happening? I could read between the lines. "Did he say they did it?"
"Well not exactly." He hesitated.
"A blow job?" I offered.
"No, just a hand job" he blurted.
"Now that wasn't so hard was it" i said, keeping my voice somewhat neutral.
"You're not angry?" he asked.
"Oh I'm furious, and hurt" I replied, almost loosing it, "but that's between Susan and me."
"Yeah, I guess it is." he said. "I'll say one thing though Monica, because I like you. I didn't like Susan or Ginger. You deserve better friends."
"Susan's my best friend and I love her. But when she is with Ginger, she is a different person."
There was a moment of silence on the phone.
"Well thanks for the update Jake, I appreciate it" I said.
"Umm, so you going to make it down this way again? It would be cool to see you again" he asked.
"I don't think so Jake, not without Susan anyway. Plus, do you really want to do that, I mean, go out with someone like me?" I asked. "What if one of your friends worked me out?"
"Well, it would make for an interesting story anyway" he offered. "So I guess this is goodbye?"
"Just good night Jake" I said. "Maybe another time."
"Ok, Nite Monica"
"Nite". I hung up. I cried. I couldn't bring myself to call Susan.

After work on Monday, Samantha asked if she could come over to see whether she could work on a costume for me. Because I had nothing else to do, I said that would be fun. She also wanted to go to the pool later, and asked if I would go as well. I had to wait at her place for almost 45 minutes as she got changed and got ready. When we got back to my place, I told her she could search my wardrobe for Harry Potter-like clothing, whilst I went to have a shower. Howee had not been at work today, so I had been working on the garbage disposal. Some of it had been rather smelly.

When I came out of the bathroom, Sam was playing the X-box. She had found a game of X-men, and was playing as Storm. As she played, she told me her cousin has this game, and she'd played it sometimes, but she wasn't very good. From what I saw, she was doing ok at it. She paused the game and said she'd looked but I didn't have much to build a costume out of. But she did find something that may be fun if I was game.

She took my hand and pulled me into the wardrobe. There she took the Dioceses girls uniform off the hanger.
"Now I'm not going to ask where this came from, but it will match what everyone else should be wearing" she offered.
"Well its not Harry Potter. You want me to go as Hermione?" I asked
"I think you should go as Luna Lovegood. She has blonde hair." she said, smiling. "That way we'd all be going as girls."
"Why would I want to do that?" I asked, but the thought intrigued me.
"Well, just for fun. No one will make fun of you, I promise" she said. "Besides, it'll be a lot of fun, and you'd make a really cute Luna."
"You think so?" I said
"Yep, and I'll bet no-one outside our group will recognize you. And the other girls will think its a hoot!" she said. "Think of it as an early Halloween."
"I don't know. It might be fun, but I'd need help" I said.
"I'll come over tomorrow night after dinner, and help you get ready. And I'll tell the girls to be supportive, and not make any fun at you" she said. "And if you don't like it, you can just get changed before we go"
"Umm ok, I guess that would work" I offered, trying to sound tentative.
"Ok, cool. This is going to be so much fun" she said as she bounced up and down.

I made some chicken and salad sandwiches for lunch and we played x-men on the xbox for about an hour afterwards. Sam was actually very good at the game, and even showed me a couple of tricks I hadn't seen before. After that we went to the pool for a couple of hours. It was blisteringly hot, almost 105F, and the concrete was scorching so we ended up spending a lot of time inside in the shade. Samantha's friends seemed to know me now, and didn't give me strange looks. Mostly I just ignored them, unless I was asked a question, which wasn't often. A couple had asked her whether she still had tickets to Harry Potter, but she told them that they had all been taken. Later, when I asked what she did with Susan's ticket, she told me that she had offered it to Roni, for her little sister.

I didn't call Susan that night. I was still upset at her.

The work at the old folks home went quickly the next morning, and Howee was back, so I didn't have to work the compactor. Samantha was all excited on the way home, telling me how much fun we'd be having tonight. She was a huge harry Potter fan, and asked if she could come over mid afternoon so we could watch the previous two movies on DVD.

After I had showered, I tried to grab a couple of hours sleep. The phone woke me up just before one in the afternoon. It was Sam. she wanted to know whether she could sleep over tonight. She thought it would be easier on her folks not having her come home around three in the morning, but didn't want to go to any of the other girls houses. I said it was ok, if her folks were ok with it. She said her Mom would drop her off before 4.00, so to expect the interview when she got there.

After I had some lunch, I tidied the place up, not that it needed much. But as a parent would be inspecting it, I made the extra effort. Sam and her Mom arrived right on 4.00. I invited them in, noting that Sam had an overnight bag larger to mine. I showed her to the spare room, making it a point to show her Mom as well.

i offered her Mom a cup of tea or coffee, which she accepted coffee. I made everyone a drink, tea for me, coffee for Sam and her Mom, and put out a couple of cookies on a plate as well. Once we were seated, I was surprised that Sam's Mom started laying down the rules to Sam, and only made me promise to make sure Sam abided by them. Once that was out of the way, she relaxed, and took a look around the apartment.

"You keep a nice house, Michael" she said. "I'm impressed that you keep it so tidy living by yourself."
"Just habit" I responded. "Plus, Dad wouldn't be happy if he dropped in and it was a mess. I'd probably have to move up to the country with them."
She picked up one of the photos on the mantle.
"You have a sister?" she asked.
"I did, she was killed in a car accident almost 3 years ago." I replied.
"I'm sorry to hear, Michael" she said. "Were you two close?"
"I guess, but not so much when she went off to college. Monica was four years older than me, and she rebelled a lot when my dad remarried after my mom passed away." I answered.
"Oh dear me, you lost your Mom as well? Poor thing." she said. She looked at me sadly. "I guess that explains why you seem so grown up, having to fend for yourself for so long."
I could only nod, I couldn't think of anything to say.
"Mom, do you remember the bank robbery in Ashton about eight years ago?" asked Samantha.
"Vaguely dear, why?" Sam's Mom asked back.
"Mike's Mom was one of the people shot then. Is that right Mike?"
I nodded.
Sam's Mom nodded back, as she placed the photo back on the mantle. When she has reseated herself at the dining table she asked
"So, you're going to let Sam dress you up as one of the girls for the movie tonight?"
I nodded. "She's going to make me into Luna Lovegood" I replied.
"That's very brave of you Michael, being a good sport like that. Just don't let anyone put you down for it" she said. Then she looked at Sam. "And you dear, make sure Michael is looked after. He's doing you and your friends a big ask. Not many boys would be willing to do such a thing for a friend."
Sam was smiling from ear to ear. "Yes Mom" she replied.
Sam's Mom finished her coffee, and excused herself. While I took all the mugs to the dishwasher, Sam went out to the car with her Mom.

When she came back in she was all happy and bubbly, and relieved that her Mom had gone. She suggested we watch the first DVD and then she would start to organize my costume. We sat on the sofa and watched 'The Goblet of Fire'. I'd seen it before, and obviously so had Samantha. She was lip-syncing along the lines. When I mentioned it, she told me to shoosh. That just made me laugh more, which earned me a few more. I had no idea Samantha was such a huge Harry Potter fan. At the end of the movie, I got up to make some dinner. Just some lean cuisines, with some extra veges since they never put enough into the packs.

While I was cooking, Samantha took her bag into my room. I checked in on her as I waited for the microwave. She had taken the Dioceses uniform from the hanger, and put it on the bed. Next to that she had added a dark gray jersey, and mismatched knee-high striped socks. On top of the jersey, she had just put a pair of white panties and a bra.
She looked over at me and smiled. "Now, if someone asks, you can say you've been in my knickers" she chuckled.
The microwave dinged, so I went out to serve dinner.

After dinner she told me to go get dressed. I went to my room and closed the door.
I stripped off, then put on her panties and bra. They were both shiny and satiny. The panties felt nice when I put them on. They were a little tight, but they were full briefs, and held everything in. Because it had been such a long time that I'd worn panties without my sheath, my penis started to become erect, reacting to the smooth material.

Trying to ignore it, I then put on the bra. It was also smaller than I was used to, and only an A cup. It was obviously one of Sam's older training bras, because she was, I'll admit, well endowed. But it was padded and pushed my chest tissue into place, and although that didn't full the cups, it did create more cleavage than I realized. That just caused my erection to be more prominent!

I put on the white blouse and skirt, followed by a striped tie from my wardrobe and then put the jersey over the top. Apart from the 'bulge' in the skirt, I looked pretty good. I pulled out a pair of nude pantyhose from my dresser and put them on as well. That helped restrain the bulge a lot. Finally i put on the socks and then the mary-jane shoes. They were a little tight because of the socks, but not uncomfortable.

I opened my door, and she was there waiting. She was already changed into Hermione.
The look on her face when she saw me was priceless.
"Well?" I asked.
"Oh my god Mike. You look great, just like a real girl. I knew you would. Oh, and you put pantyhose on as well, that's so perfect" she gushed, coming to give me a hug.
"So I look ok?" I asked, when she stepped back. "I put the pantyhose on to hide the bulge."
She looked at me, a smile creasing her mouth, "Get a little excited did you?"
"Umm, just a little" I replied, a little embarrassed.
"Well, don't cum in them. I didn't bring a spare pair of panties." She giggled a little at that, but then tried to be serious again. "We'll need to add a little makeup, and pull your hair back, but otherwise, it's perfect" she said.
She turned and went back into the spare room, while I went to put on the next DVD and get us both drinks.
When she returned, she had her hairbrush and some clips and stuff in a bag, and wanted me to sit on the floor in front of her, so she could brush my hair.

Have I mentioned how much I love someone brushing my hair? Sam brushed it probably a hundred times, placing the clips so that the hair went back behind my ears. Then she started on the top of my head, pulling it up and then clipping it in place. It felt a lot heavier as she worked. We were about half way through the movie when she asked me to pause it, and then grabbed my hand and pulled me to the bathroom to show me what she had done.
My hair was now halfway down my back, in a loose ponytail. She explained she had added a clip in extension to get the extra length, and the color was almost perfect, maybe half a shade lighter than my own hair.

We finished watching the movie, and it was getting close to 10.30. She added a little blue eyeliner and some neutral lipstick to my face then declared I was done. As she finished her face, I got the school blazer, and my black shoulder purse.

The drive down to Sacramento was uneventful. I was a little worried about being pulled over, even though I had Monica's license. Sam didn't know that. We were parked and outside the theater just before 11.30. Roni and her sister were there waiting, and Caz was making her way from parking on the other side of the street. They all commented on how good I looked, which made me feel better. We didn't have to wait too long for the last two girls to arrive. Lucy and Wanda were Sam's friends from the volleyball team. To everyone else's surprise, Wanda was dressed up as Harry. We hurried to the line to go in.

There were lots of groups also dressed up. Obviously a lot of Harry's and Hermoine's, and the occasional Ron, but several adults were dressed as Dumbledore, McGonagal, Snape or Voldermort. I was surprised not to see any Hagrid's. As we moved up the line to the theater, I noticed that some of the boys were paying us attention, and Roni and Caz in particular played up to it. When we got into the theater, we were ushered to a special row of seats that had been reserved. Because the theater was almost full, that garnered us a lot more attention.

The movie was fun, and overall close to the book given it was almost 2.5 hours long. Toward the end, when Harry was in the cave with Dumbledore, and the creatures reached up to pull him into the water, Sam jumped with fright and grabbed my hand. It was the only 'scary' part in the movie. But I let her hold my hand until the end.

After the movie, we stood and chatted about it outside the theater for a little while. The other girls took a closer look at my costume and again commented on how good I looked. When I mentioned that Wanda got to go as Harry, she responded that she was going to go as Hermione, but decided she didn't want me to be the only one cross-dressed. I have to admit that was funny, but they didn't put me down at all.

It was well after three in the morning when we got back to my place. Sam thanked me again for being such a good friend for dressing up. It had been a lot of fun, and meant a lot to her. I said good night and headed to my room after making sure she was comfortable in the spare room.

I did manage to get mostly undressed before collapsing into bed and falling asleep. I awoke just after 7.00 to use the bathroom, and went straight back to sleep after removing the bra that had still been on. When I woke again around 9.30, Sam was in the bed as well, asleep, her arm curled over me and her head half resting against my shoulder. I gently rolled sideways, thankfully noting that she was wearing one of those large t'shirt nightgowns. Her hair smelled really nice, like peaches and freshly cut wood, and she was very beautiful laying there.

I carefully extricated myself from the bed, and gently pecked her on the forehead. I'm not sure why I did that, but it seemed the right thing to do at the time. She murmured a little, so I dashed across to the bathroom, picking up some clothes as I went. After a quick shower, I got dressed in the bathroom. When I came out, Sam was awake, but still laying in bed.
"I'm sorry" she said.
"Sorry for what?" I replied. "I was a little surprised, but nothing happened."
"I know, but it was nice to just lay beside you. I've never slept in a boy's bed before I think, and never when he was in it. It was nice. You smelled nice" she said.
"I thought you and Dave, you know" I started to ask.
"No. Once, we nearly did. It was in his car. It was cold and cramped and not very pleasant, and I just couldn't" she replied.
"I'm sorry" I offered. "But enough of that talk. You want same eggs or something. We have about an hour before we need to get to work."
"Any Cereal? Special K or Raisin Bran?" she asked, as she got out of the bed.
"I'll go see, I think so." I said , turning toward the kitchen. She looked very stunning in basically only a t'shirt. She was all legs this morning as she brushed past me to get changed.

On the way into work, Sam had troubles restraining herself from laughing, but she wouldn't tell me what was amusing her. The girls were very talkative at work that day, and seemed to go out of their way to include me, but were also suffering from a case of the giggles. Howie asked me what was going on, because he really had the hots for Caz, but she didn't pay him any notice at all. When I told him that we'd all gone out together the night before, he was stunned. He couldn't understand how I'd gone out with three real hot girls, and when I told him that it was actually five girls and Roni's kid sister he nearly went into epileptic shock. I'll admit that I probably laid it on thick, you know, describing the short skirts and so on, but it was a bit of fun.

During the first break, Howie came over and asked what I'd done to my hair, that it looked funny. That's when I realized what the girls were laughing about. I still had the clip in extensions. I asked Sam if she could remove then and said she would after work.

On the way back to Sam's after work, she told me the girls thought I was alright, not just some dweeb or nerd, and that I looked really cute in their school uniform. She asked if I was going to the pool later, but had to remind her that Dave was coming over to study. She was a little disappointed, but made me promise for Thursday. As promised, when we got to her place, she took me to her room to remove the extensions.

Actually, it was the first time that I'd been in her bedroom. It was a reasonably large bedroom, and she had a four poster bed in it. But it was girly, wallpapered white with small pink flowers and she had lots of posters on her wall. And she had a fairly new computer on her study desk, an Apple iMac, that looked pretty cool. She fussed with my hair for a few minutes, having a little problem with one of the clips. When I got up to leave, she gave me a big hug, thanking me again for going last night and being such a great friend.

Study with Dave went well. He was still struggling with some concepts but was at least concentrating and not making silly errors. He was better on his periodic table, and had got a really good score on the quiz on it. After a couple of hours we stopped studying, and we played some x-box as a reward, and he offered to order in a pizza. He told me Helen's folks were out of town for a couple of days, and he was going to head over to Helen's around 7.00. He asked me how things were with me and Susan, and with Sam. I told him Susan had been grounded for a month, to which I received the obligatory 'bummer dude', and that I'd gone to Harry Potter with Sam and her friends last night. He asked which friends, and was surprised I mentioned Lucy and Wanda, and he didn't know Caz nor Roni.

He wasn't too enamored with Lucy or Wanda. Apart from the time Sam had been spending with me and Susan, he laid blame on them for convincing Sam that her and him should break up.

I was just finishing cleaning up the pizza box after Dave left, when Susan rung. She wanted to know how Harry Potter went from last night. I told her it was fun, described the main plot points, and mentioned that I'd missed her for not being there. I asked her how her volunteering at the hospital was going. She told me it was ok, but boring, and hard on her legs. All the doctors were old and there wasn't a lot of young nurses either, so she didn't get to gossip much. There were a couple of other girls doing volunteer work on other floors, and they seemed to get to interact with the patients more. Although she got to interact with lots of people too, they were either asleep or all wrapped up in their babies. In her words, Maternity Ward sucked.

She did hear however, that Mrs Frankston was in the hospital. I'll admit that since I had moved to the townhouse, I hadn't thought anything on how my elderly ex-neighbor was doing. Susan said she'd find out more tomorrow and let me know. Just after her mom called out to her that time was up, she asked if I wanted to come over Saturday evening to watch a movie or something. I said it was a date.

The next day went quickly. Howie made a comment about my hair again, and I came clean and told him I'd forgotten to remove some extensions for a costume I'd worn to Harry Potter. I thought he'd ask who I'd gone as, and was going to lie and say Dumbledore, but he started asking how the movie was. He was going to see it on Friday with some friends.
That afternoon, I took Sam down to the pool, and we hung out with her friends from volleyball. Dave and Helen came over for a few minutes, and although a little awkward, Sam was at least cordial. Dave was just happy, as he had done well on another quiz today, but wanted to know if we could do a couple of hours again on Sunday. When I discretely asked how his trip to Helen's went last night, he winked and gave me two thumbs up. From his reaction, I was starting to think that most of what caused him and Sam to break up would have been his pressuring her for sex.

Shortly after Dave left, we also met with Steve and Ceecee, who made an uncalled for comment about Susan not being here, but was easily ignored. Stephanie came over to say hi as well, and she had a new beau as well. He was way older than her, and so just a summer fling. I could tell by the way his eyes settled on Sam and Lucy that he wasn't thinking long term. Stephanie looked good though, a lot more confident in herself than even six months ago. I took the opportunity to ask Ceecee if she had heard anything from Mark Rogers lately. She scowled at me, but did offer up that she'd heard that he had been arrested at a club in San Fran last weekend, and was in so much trouble with his folks. His folks were now waiting to see if his arrest broke the terms of his probation, and whether he would be sent to a juvenile facility, or whether he was just getting fined again. That news created some discussion, but I was surprised at how many people still thought Mark was ok. Granted it had been mostly guys who thought that way.

That night, I spoke to Susan again. She was feeling better about her hospital work today. She told me that Mrs Frankston had hurt herself earlier this week putting out her trash. She'd fallen and badly bruised her hip and pulled something in her back, so the doctors would keep her in the hospital for a week. I told Susan I'd come in to see her and Mrs Frankston tomorrow afternoon.

On the way to work the next day, Sam asked if I wanted to go to the Mall that afternoon. When I told her that I couldn't, that I was going to see Susan at the hospital, she did a bad job of hiding her disappointment. I also told her that I was going to see my ex neighbor, she seemed a little happier.

Work went well, Min ki was off today, do I was saddled with all of the dishes, but that kept me busy. After dropping Sam home, I went home to shower, and then headed to the hospital. When I got there, Susan only had 45 minutes left, so I offered her a ride home after I'd visited Mrs Frankston.

Mrs Frankston looked frail, but I guess a lot of elderly folks do in the starched white bedsheets. She was happy to see me, and told me what had happened to her, and that she was hoping to be back home early next week. Her hip wasn't broken and the back pain was almost gone, but she was still suffering headaches, so the doctors were holding her captive. She asked me about Dad and Maria, and I told her what they were up to. She then laid down a tirade against her own family. None of them had been to visit. Apart from Mr Thomson, a neighbor from across the street, and her church minister Rev. Cauldwell, I was the only one to come and see her.

Susan came down to Mrs Frankston's room when she was finished for the day. Mrs Frankston sort of remembered Susan, and was pleased to meet her again. We said our goodbyes, and headed back to Susan's place. Susan had to ring her Mom to tell her she was home, and that I had given her a ride. Her Mom said I could stay for dinner if I liked, and that it wouldn't count as our weekend get together. After saying bye to her Mom, Susan grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs to her room. After a very frenetic make out session, we lay on her bed together. Sorry, no sex, since we'd promised not in her Mom's house.

As we lay there cuddling, I told Susan that I'd spoken to Jake earlier this week, and that he'd told me what Peter had indicated had happened between Peter and her. I hadn't expected her to start crying. She said that although he hadn't actually forced her to do it, he had expected her to do more, and that she had got herself into the situation that had been difficult to extricate herself from. Then she started blaming Ginger for putting her there, and for Ginger giving her 'partner' a blow-job outside the club, when her and Peter were right there. Peter had just assumed he was getting one too. She said she was really sorry for betraying me, and I'll admit I was feeling very hurt, but could see how Ginger could have done that.

We were still cuddling when we heard her Mom arrive home. As I was the one mostly in a reasonable state of dress, I went downstairs to the living room and turned on the television. Susan disappeared into the bathroom to get redressed. Her Mom asked if I could help her with some groceries, asking where Susan was. At that point, Susan flushed and exited the bathroom and came downstairs. Her Mom noticed Susan's red eyes and looked at me inquiringly. Susan picked up the look and said we'd had a small argument but that we were ok now.

Over dinner, Susan's mom asked what I'd been up to this week. I told her that work at the old folks home kept half of my days busy, and that I'd been going to the pool to workout most afternoons. I mentioned that I'd been to the Harry Potter midnight showing, and that today I'd gone to see my old neighbor at the hospital. Susan's sister asked lots of questions about Harry Potter. She wanted to go see it, but with Susan grounded she had to wait. After dinner I helped with the dishes, and then went home. Susan and i arranged to watch a DVD the next night.

Saturday, I sat around the house, playing X-box. In the afternoon I went over to blockbuster and got 'Underworld, rise of the lycans' and 'The curious case of Benjamin Button' on DVD. I had heard Benjamin Button was good, with a bunch of academy award nominations, but hadn't seen it when it was on in the movie theaters. While I was in the shopping center, I also did a light grocery shop, picking up milk, fruit, vegetables and a couple of frozen pizzas. While I was walking out, I saw the application forms for students for working in the store. They were still looking for shelf packers to work 3 nights a week, 2 hours a time, plus 4 hours Sunday morning, or 4 mornings a week, one being Saturday morning. Ten hours a week for about $80.00, plus a 10% discount on groceries after a month. I filled out an application and put it into the waiting box. At least I would be able to tell Dad I had done something to find a job.

I arrived over at Susan's just after six. Everyone wanted to watch Benjamin Button first, and Susan's Mom said that Susan and I could stay and watch the other one after her and Crystal had gone to bed. But I had to leave by 11.00 pm. The movies were fine, and after Susan's mom and sister had left, we at least had a little make-out time.

up
64 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sam

As well as being a colleague with the volunteering at the HEP [1], Sam could size up to be a good (platonic?) friend who could probably eventually be entrusted with the secret of Monica, especially considering the cinema experience.

And thinking of Monica, she hasn't been around much since the move to the townhouse - presumably at some point in the next few chapters, things will settle down enough for her to come out and play a bit more often...

 
[1] Home for Elderly People - or at least that's the preferred term for residential care homes over here in Warwickshire...


There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

monica's absence

you noticed that...

yes, mostly because Susan has been unable to play, and mike has been busy as well.

And that is part of the psychology as well...Sam is providing validation (although she doesn't know it) to Mike, in Susan's absence, so Monica hasn't been needed to fulfill that part of him. There is also the backlash from the mark episode, which we haven't seen resolved yet.

I've noticed one thing about Mike.

I'm not sure if you have developed this in his character for a reason.

He tends to tell everything to Susan, her mother's long conversation with him, what Jake said about Susan and Peter, I thought some of that may have been told in confidence?

On the other hand he has not/cannot tell his father or step mother anything about Monica or even Susan?

Just an observation which I'm sure you have planned?

Great chapter Tks!

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

no plans

actually, I hadn't planned that at all. Since this story is largely auto biographical (with a more recent timeline), I haven't self analyzed some of these motivations, but appreciate you bringing it up so I can ponder them

I think part of the openness is that Susan knows about Monica, and (rightly or wrongly) Mike trusts Susan at this stage of their relationship. The same applies to why Mike is more open with Susan's Mother - she knows. If the Mark incident had required closer parental support, then maybe Mike's parents would be involved

Mike, like most boys who cross dress, hasn't mentioned Monica to his own 'parents' because of the shame/guilt he still feels. Coming 'out' to family in my opinion is way harder than coming out to others, even though family are more likely to be accepting.

Paraphrasing, you can chose your friends, but not your family. If your friends stop liking you, you find new ones. If your family stops liking you....

Thanks For the New Chapter

I'm Relieved that Susan wasn't in serious trouble. Hopefully she's figured out that Ginger isn't someone she can trust. I thought that a break up was coming between Michael and Susan, but I'm not so sure now. Michael is a saint.

The consistent posting is really appreciated.