We Just Learned!

Printer-friendly version

Straight from their Tickle Me Emo Tour, The Pelegrino Girls, Missy and Patsy sing their newest hit We Found Out from the CD, Emo-tional Femmes

We Found Out


We just learned

We just learned

That we're such girls!

(S)he just learned

I found out

and it rocked our world.
 
 
We just took a test

And we scored

Two Hundred Fifty

We just learned

that we're really femme

and we think that it's so nifty.
 
 
We just learned

We just learned

that we are sisters

as well as brothers.

We just learned

That we're both alike

and we're just like our mother!
 
 
We just took a test

You see we're virtual castrati!

We think the test is Italian

cause it's called COGIATI!
 
 
I just learned

(S)he just learned

that we're such gals!

Not just our girlfriends' boyfriends

but we're their bestest pals!
 
 
We just learned

We figured out

and we must confess!

I'd rather wear a skirt and blouse

and (s)he'd rather wear a dress!
 
 
We just learned

We found out

and it really changed our life!

(S)he may never be a husband

but I might end up as someone's wife!


 

up
56 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

WAY TO GO DREA!!!!

Thank you for sharing this very true piece. Yes, the Cogiati test is one of the few a person can take to see if they are of a feminine or a masculine mind. If you have feminine traits and desires, it will come out in the test. It is a lot like MMPP test given by psychiatrists and psychologists, but this will definitely tell you how you think. It isn't official, but it does have a 99.9999% accuracy rate.

Now when the Cogiati test says you think like a woman, don't rebuke it or say this is rubbish. Go with the flow and be who you really are. Thank you Drea for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Thank you

ALISON

'Barbara Lynn for your explanation of 'cogiati' which I always thought was an aperitif.But,there you go.However,is a 'virtual castrati' an Italian eunuch??Just
thought I'd ask 'Drea.

ALISON

I recently took this test

I recently took this test and scored a 400. Pretty much told me what I had always known and did alot about. I do have to agree, it may not be 'the gold standard' of tests; but it does give a person a lot to consider. Jan

Forgot the scores

Two hundred Fifty is enough to be classified as transsexual? I didn't remember that. I take this test every few years just for the heck of it. I always score about the same, just took it again and got 465. As Janice said, it's nothing I didn't already know, but to see it verified never fails to give me a bit of a shock.

The Pelegrino girls bid you hello and....

Andrea Lena's picture

...here's a breakdown -
 
-650 to -389, COGIATI classification ONE, STANDARD MALE
-390 to -129, COGIATI classification TWO, FEMININE MALE
-130 to +129, COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE
+130 to +389, COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL
+390 to +650, COGIATI classification FIVE, TRANSSEXUAL
 
....and Dougie and Andrea both breathed a sigh of relief... 120... :)
 


She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Dio benedica la mia bella amici, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Thanks Andrea

I remember seeing the scoring breakdown years ago but didn't see it when I took it this time, so didn't remember the actual scoring associations with probable transsexualism. I didn't realize it went so far into the negative numbers.

There used to be another test, a supposedly "physician designed" test to test whether you had a masculine or feminine mind. Unlike all the "fun quizzes", this one actually seemed pretty good. It was at tickle.com which is closed. Haven't seen it resurface anywhere yet... anyone know which one I mean? I scored 91% feminine... again something I already knew but seeing it confirmed still kindof shocks me.

Tell me something I didn't already know!

Just took the thing, scored 455. Like I said, what I already knew.

I actually didn't think I'd score quite that high.

Great song, Andrea!

Abby

Battery.jpg

Cogiati ergo sumkindagirl

laika's picture

Very cute song, Drea. Can't say I trust the COGIATI test as some great clinical tool, should probably be
four times it's length and not so dependant on stereotypes, but my own score of 335 did give me a sense of...
maybe not the elation of the Peligrino Girls but definitely of relief. Would've been depressing as hell to have scored minus 600.
My worst fear seems to be being deemed a fraud, this crazy male person harboring some weird groundless delusions.
~~hugs, Veronica

I don't need to see any test results...

Andrea Lena's picture

...to know that I'm going to cry every time I think of the friendship and love and altogether wonderful belonging I have felt as your sister and you mine from the very beginning. All my love and admiration!


She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Dio benedica la mia bella amici, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

COGIATI???

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

Where can I take this test and how much would I have to cheat to NOT get -600?

Any hints to get me a good girly score would be MUCH appreciated.

If height(6" 1"), weight(250#) and serious baldness count - I'm sunk before I even start.

Of course then there is always that darned convex crotch and lack of convexity in the chest.

POOP, maybe it would be better to just NOT even take the test, I'm getting depressed about my score already.

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Hi Hope

Well you know that's the thing about being TG/TS... it doesn't care what's on the outside; male, female, tall, short, skinny or whatever. It sounds to me like you already know who and what you are inside and don't need any test scores to tell you... maybe like me and a lot of us, you would just like some kind of confirmation from a (more or less) respected source, just to know...but just from reading your post I'm pretty sure where you'll place in the test. If you do take it, I hope you get the results that please you.

I have my doubts about the

I have my doubts about the COGIATI. I've taken it before and always felt like it was kind of forced and rife with stereotypes that skew results in strange directions. The questions relating to ability in certain academic and critical thinking areas over others especially bothered me. Mostly because they where obviously "oh, girls aren't good at those things" type of questions with out any corresponding "oh, boys aren't good at those things" questions to allow for negation. Seems to me like it would need to be much longer and with less obviously gendered questions to be really useful as a diagnostic tool.

Excellent poiint

Andrea Lena's picture

...the COGIATI is really only one tool, meant to be used, not to diagnose so much as to clarify...as my sisters pointed out, they were not surprised at the outcome of their tests. For myself, it was almost foolish to be worried; neither of my personae are going anywhere, test results or no, since both have been around almost as long as I have, and they are really only components of my personality.
 
It would be interesting to see other viewpoints, and perhaps other diagnostic and instructional resources as well. Thanks for sharing! Oh and keep in mind, this was a song about two Jersey "girls" who "just found out," which would probably be fodder only enough for a short poem! Fun to write and even to sing in the car (by myself, of course....)
 


She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Dio benedica la mia bella amici, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena