Breath of scandal

Printer-friendly version


Breath of scandal

By Princess

This was the moment that John Ralf had been waiting twenty years for. It was far too tempting to pass up and now he was going to make his statement, loud and clear. He knew that sometimes you only have to pay a little, but mostly it's a lot. And once in a while, it's all you have. That was a lesson that John Ralf thought he had learned a long time ago when he made a slight mistake. That was one of the times he had paid with all he had and it hadn't been enough. It has cost him his future and his very self.

Personally, John thought it wasn’t fair. Playing a childhood prank on and taking a few watches from a store shouldn’t cost a thirteen year old their entire future, but that’s the way life is. If he knew then what he knew now he wouldn’t had taken any deals, but he thought he got off easy at first. He accepted placement in the State's new behavior modification program, was sentenced one year in one of the State's new facilities. They were supposed to be the newest, cleanest facilities. He was a small kid so it seemed a better place where the officers would watched over the children a lot better than at the State's juvenile facilities where the predators were.

So, he jumped at the deal offered by the district attorney. He was sorry he did, all too soon. He was only one of thousands of children that were sentenced to that horrible program. It did change him but not in ways the state predicted, and now the State would pay for It's stupidity.

He sat alone in one of the local diners eating his meatloaf dinner that he'd ordered. He was always alone, as always thanks to the State. He didn’t plan on the day going badly, but he learned in life that things rarely went according to plan. He had planed on a quite day to relax and go to his small appt and watch some television. Two minutes ago while he was eating his food, he saw her, THE BITCH FROM HELL. He couldn’t take his eyes off her now, so he just stood up went to the restroom.

He saw her sitting quietly in the corner eating alone. He stopped in his tracks and just stared at her. His blood ran cold and he couldn’t move. She saw and asked if there was something she could do for him. He nodded at her and said, “Not right now Ma’am. Enjoy the rest of your meal.”

He just walked past her and went into the restroom. He just stood there for a while washing his face and trying to calm down. But he knew what he had to do. He knew it was irreversible, and once he did it that the die was cast. But, he knew that it would blow everything wide open and the State would be on trial. Not just him.

He walked out of the bathroom and headed straight for the small woman in the corner. He stood in front of her and she looked up. He had a smug look on his face, “This is fucking amazing. I cant believe I met you after all this time,“ he sneered.

She had a foggy look on her face that told him she had no clue who he was. Not that he expected her too. It was 1970 when they met each other, “HUH?" she said.
“Hello. Its been a long time.”

She had a hard look in her eyes too. Nothing had changed about her. She was the same horrible domineering sadistic bitch she always was, “Who the fuck are you!” She demanded.

He just took a chair and sat down in front of her, "Mind if I sit down?" he sneered.

“Who the hell invited you to sit with me? I am not looking for a man!”

He laughed, “As if I would want a horrible woman like you. I guess you are still alone, Mistress. Who would have you?“

“Who are you? I demand an answer~”

“Wow, I thought you would be happy to see me. You know, I thought you would do a lot better for yourself. All that training you had. Now, You are just local security at the mall. “

“I am asking you for the last time, What do you want?”

“You just take your time bitch! Its coming to you!” He said as he gave her a frightening smile.

Just the icy cold tone he used froze her. She sensed danger now.

He looked at her with a wide smile, “I can see how you would forget me. I was just something for you and your 'friends' to play with. It is much harder for me to forget about it, though. You gave me so much more to remember.”

He waited a second for her to remember. She still didn’t, “Very well, so you still don’t remember me, do you. Let me help you. I am little John Ralf. You called me Princess Kimberly at the Facility in 1970. When the state tried a petticoat program to modify troublesome boys. It didn’t last long until the State realized it was a big mistake and they quietly shut it down. But, I was one of the boys sent to your facility for behavior modification. I was the one that you beat down and dressed in pink and lace.“

“Oh, its you. So how are you doing, now, John?” She asked all casual.

“Not so well. I cant hold down a job. I haven’t been able to remain in a relationship with a woman. I don’t have a family and I’m in my early thirties. What you did to me shattered my life apart. You beat me, stole my identity. You raped me." “

“I made you tough. I taught you right from wrong. You were a thug back then.”

“All this time I thought you just liked beating and shoving things up small boys for fun.”

“Ok what ever. So what do you want,” She asked him again.”

“I am not a girl, now and I NEVER was in spite of what you did to me. I want what I've always wanted. I want to watch you die,” He said totally casually.

"WHAT?"

He took a small gun from his pocket and placed it threateningly in front of him on the table, “You fucked up,” He told her.

She froze in fear and stared at him. Finally, she didn’t look so hard or in control anymore. He saw clearly the look of panic and fear in her face. He smiled at her.

She was shaking now, "I was just doing my job," she pleaded.

“I remember you being so hard and in control and now you look so scared. You aint so tough now. I am not a child anymore. I am a man.“

“You motherfucker! IF you do this then you will destroy what ever future you have left. Think about this. You will either spend the rest of your life in prison , or they will put you in one of those lethal injection machines if you do this. You can leave right now, John and forget this,” she said in false bravado.

“They may be, I will admit that is a possibility. And I will pay it, Mistress. But first, there I will have to go though a long drawn out trial. A trial in which all the State's dirty little secrets will be exposed. Think about the stink that will cause. It is needed, and once I do this, I am sure many other victims will come out. They will be demanding reparations from the State. It will cause a big scandal."

"But YOU will die."

“I may die in the end. But at least I will die, after you!” He stood up, took aim and shot her six times in public. He walked out casually amid screams and people running away. He had done it. Now he had to make sure everyone knew what he went though in 1970.

He hid in his hideout. He had been wanted before, and they never found him. He took out his cell and phoned one of his friends. The phone rang and his friends familiar voice answered, "Hello, It is you, John.”

“Yes. Hello, Rob. It's been such a long time. Are you the still the State's Prosecutor?”

“Yes, Rob. Was it you that killed the Madam in the restaurant an hour ago?”

“Yes. It was me. Can you get yourself assigned to prosecute me. I have a plan.”

“Sure. Probably. Why?”

“You are the only one that understands. You went though the program, too if I remember. We can blow this thing wide open. And get me a good attorney, I am turning myself in.”

An hour after the call, he walked unarmed into the local police station, he identified himself and made a full confession, less than twenty minutes later, he was booked, fingerprinted, and sitting in a cell.

He was met in the cell by his friend Rob. He had sent himself though law school after his experiences, “You really did it this time John. I don’t know how the hell you will get out of this. I can do what can but I can't let you off. I got myself assigned to the case, but my boss knows about us. He knows you are my friend, so he will be breathing down my neck. If he suspects that I am going light, he will take me off of the case. I got you a really good defense attorney. That is about all I can do. He will see you shortly after he has had time to look at your case. Good luck John.”

It was about thirty minutes later when a guard took him to a room where a neatly dressed middle aged man was waiting. “Hello John. My name is Patrick. I will be defending you. What can you tell me about your case.”

up
53 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Breath Of A Scandal

Is a very good beginning to what looks to be an interesting look at petticoating.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

If This Story Is Not Complete

...then you should give some indication that it is part of a multi-part story. Even something as simple as adding "Part 1" to the title would be sufficient.

Series Vs. Solo....

Piper's picture

Well I'm not sure about when you posted... But @ the bottom of the story it is marked as a Series as opposed to Solo.... I think you have to be logged in to see if it's a series or solo....

Hope that helps some...
-HuGgLeS-
-P/KAF/PT


"Science is just magic with an explanation, and bumblebees are just tiny little fairies in disguise. :)" Submitted by Erin on Sun, 2010/04/04 - 6:37pm.



"She was like a butterfly, full of color and vibrancy when she chose to open her wings, yet hardly visible when she closed them."
— Geraldine Brooks


Interesting

I didn't think to look there. I thought there ought to be some clue at the top. It might also be nice if there was a hint in the summary. Not the author's fault, but maybe an idea for a little tweak to the way the stories display?

ok now im really sad

I have four comments, 3 of them from pippa about a mistake I made in submitting it as a solo instead of as a serial. I corrected that mistake. sorry. YOu could had sent me a PM instead of showing me 2 new comments and getting my hopes up. Like yipee, comments, then I see what you really wrote. I thought I was getting some praise, or helpful comments about the story I wrote. So far only one nice guy has commented about the story. :(

NOW You Have Three!

Sorry. Anyway, I didn't say I didn't like it. :-) And, I did read it. And, I am looking forward to seeing where this goes, so get back to work!

Not a good indicator

The Series/Solo flag defaults to Series; and it can be changed by anybody, at least anybody logged in. It does say "Serial Chapter" in the Keywords now, but I don't know if it has been there since the story was posted.

We seem to have a lack of short stories lately, but I'll be interested in seeing where this one goes. I almost expected him to tell the ADA to not go easy on him. A tough prosecution would help publicize the case.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

thank you

I made a error when I submitted it. Thanks for your comment :)

This could easily stand alone

While it apparently is the first of a series this intro stands quite well on its own. It only takes a little imagination to arrive at a conclusion - all the basic facts have been laid out for us. More may clarify but I doubt it will surprise, rather it will likely reprise.

Commentator
Visit my Caption Blog: Dawn's Girly Site

Visit my Amazon Page: D R Jehs

They say

The journey is half the fun. While the ending may be apparent, I'd say it's not a given; and how Princess gets there will be interesting. Can she thread that fine line between giving us a good insight into why the protagonist turned out the way he did or go all Vicki Tern on us? I'm hoping she doesn't go too deep into the humiliation and dominence, but the only one who knows for sure is her. We shall see.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive