Vaingirls, Beginnings: Joyce's Story, Part 5

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:

Part 5: Follow the pink brick road.

Story:

Vaingirls, Beginnings: Joyce's Story, Part 5
By Jezzi Belle Stewart
 ©2000

This story is dedicated to Rori and Soto who run Transformations by Rori, the real Vaingirls. Thank you both for helping to make my feminine dreams come true.

*****

As the dance wound down, it seemed like every girl had to come and give Georgie a hug, and many of the guys, too, but finally she was standing outside by the U- Haul. Joyce had already gotten in and was behind the wheel. Charlene, Meredith, and Sally Ann were there.

"I know what you said on the bandstand, Georgie", said a contrite Sally Ann, "but we were so mean to you... to George. Can you... he... really forgive us?

Georgie put her hands on Sally Ann's shoulders and looked her in the eyes. The voice was George's. "Sally Ann," She/he made eye contact on either side "and you two also. I meant every word I said. Thank you for the rest of my life! You three made me see what I was, and I realized that I had been following a role model, my Dad! My Dad... you all know him... my Dad was me thirty years ago and look at him now. Joyce has told you. He bowls once a week and swaps drunken stories with his buddies, and I don't think he really even likes them. No decent woman will have anything to do with him. Joyce is a girl, and she can't even dress or act like one at home. He made my four older brothers into Neanderthals. Now 'Cat's in the Cradle' is coming true for him; they never come home or call him. I think about how Al, my oldest brother, treats his wife, and I begin to understand why our mother died young. Now he's just a bitter, aging, lonely old man. Thank God for you three! Because now, no matter whether George or Georgie, I will never turn out like him!"

Georgie took over and swept the three into a group hug; Jacqui joined in and even Joyce got out of the U-haul. There wasn't a dry eye in the group

Charlene was the first to sniff back tears and back out of the hug. She pulled an envelope out of her purse and held it up, as the rest of the group broke apart. "Here's the damning evidence. I destroyed all the molestation stuff weeks ago; I'm not totally a bitch."

"Just ninety-five percent one." said Jacqui, as she swatted her sister on the side of the head. But she was smiling affectionately as she said it. Their relationship had taken a turn for the better tonight, and that would continue.

"Anyway," continued Charlene, smiling, "before I hand it over, I think I and my friends here would like to know who we're handing it over to. Who's going to Cincinnati, Georgie or George?"

"You know," said Meredith teasingly "if you were staying here, we'd make you stay Georgie. We wouldn't want to lose our new girlfriend!" And she gave Georgie's arm a squeeze.

Georgie laughed. "Well, I know Roy wouldn't be too happy..."

"You sure made his night, honey!" interjected Jacqui. "You know, he turned out to be a pretty nice guy. Proves the old 'Can't tell a book by it's cover' thing."

"...but you'll be turning it over to George. He'll take over mentally and physically as soon as the U-haul gets underway. I'll change in the back while my underage co-conspirator here..." She indicated Joyce. "...drives. - We've gotta get you a fake license, sis - I've got a job waiting for me, and I don't think my employers are expecting someone in a dress." (At that, Joyce's face broke out in a somewhat guilty grin. Fortunately Georgie/George didn't see. It wasn't time yet.) "But you guys come visit sometime. Joyce will have my address and phone number. And maybe, when you come, it'll be your girlfriend Georgie that you hang with"

With that, Georgie climbed into the passenger's seat, while Joyce got in on the drivers' side. Charlene came up to Joyce's window and spoke to both of them. "You know we're going to continue this, don't you." And she related her "Three Ladies" concept.

"I figured you would." said Joyce, with an enigmatic smile on the lips. "We'll be in touch."

"You go, girls!" came enthusiastically from Georgie. "George will be living proof that your methods work!"

Charlene stepped back and through a few sniffles terminated the goodbyes. "You take care, hon. You too, Joyce; really do keep in touch." Jacqui came to the window and, reaching past Joyce, hurriedly shoved an envelope into George's hand.

Joyce put the U-haul in gear, backed out of the space, and pulled out of the parking lot. She could see Jacqui and the three cheerleaders waving in the rearview mirror. She thought Jacqui had a rather guilty look on her face, but then they were around the corner. A very masculine voice aired a very female complaint, followed by an audible sigh of relief. "These heels are murder; my feet are killing me! Oh, yes, yes, that's better. Well, sis, we did it. Thank you, sis, from the bottom of my heart. You could have really taken Charlene and Company's part, and you had every right to, given the jerk I'd been. But you didn't, and you've saved my life; I'm convinced I would have ended up just like Dad. You probably saved those three from turning out life-long bitches, too. And now I've got three friends I can remember fondly rather than three enemies to resent and plot revenge on."

Unconsciously, George laid his hand on Joyce's arm in a very feminine Georgie- like manner. Joyce noticed it. 'Good. She's not gone.' It confirmed in her mind that what she was about to do was the right thing.

George continued. "I second every word Georgie said back there, and both of us had a wonderful time tonight, but it's time for her to retire and George to come back. I'll just duck in the back and change."

He started to get up, but Joyce put her free hand on his shoulder and pushed him back into the seat. "I don't think you'd better do that just yet."

"Huh! Why not, sis?"

"George, pull down the sun visor and look in the vanity mirror. Look at your face. Whose face is it? Really look before you answer."

"Ohmygawd!"

"That's right. It's Georgie's face. You can take off the makeup, but those eyebrows are a dead giveaway. Your hair? Jacqui gave Georgie a permanent, didn't she? And she added highlights, didn't she? Look at your nails; those are acrylic, they don't come off! And I bet Georgie insisted on them, didn't she? I'll bet under that beautiful dress, that body's completely hairless. Waxed?"

In shock, George nodded.

"I thought so. My poor, dear, brother, when you walked into Jacqui's, you surrendered the whole playing field didn't you? It's a good thing there wasn't time, or you'd be sitting here now with breast implants, right?"

Another nod.

"As it is, I bet those breast forms are glued on with surgical adhesive, aren't they. Even with the solvent, they're gonna be hell to get off. That kind of adhesive is meant to biodegrade over a period of time as a wound heals. Plan on a C-cup month, bro; at least. Anything else?"

By this time, George had his head in his hands. When he raised his head to look at Joyce, it was turning bright red. Now it was her turn.

"Ohmygawd! She even went for the fake vagina, didn't she? Glued on? Same adhesive?"

Two nods.

"Oh...My...Gawd, sis, plan on a month of peeing sitting down, too!" Joyce pulled off onto the shoulder of the road, turned off the engine, and put on the hazard flashers. The sister and brother/sister looked at each other. Gradually George's look of dismay was replaced by a slight smile.

'Thank you, God!' thought Joyce and she allowed a smile to grow on her face. Soon the sisters were laughing in each other's arms.

"Well, sis, guess I'm stuck... as her... for at least a month." Gulped George, fighting down residual giggles.

'Georgie, get your butt outta that armchair.'

"Can't say I'm too upset. After all, she is me, and vice-versa I guess we just merge."

'Right? - Right!'

"But what am I gonna do about Cincinnati? About the job Monday? Georgie doesn't have a drivers license, a social security card, credit cards, anything."

"Well", said Joyce, "hang on to your seatbelt, because there's been some changes in the plan."

Heavy sigh: "I figured. By the way, the name's Georgie Ann now, we merged. It'll just be G.A. when I'm in male mode."

"Wow!" exclaimed Joyce, genuinely surprised. "Jacqui is taking care of all your new records. And since you were George Andrew Hall, She did put Georgie Ann Hall down on everything. This has got to be a sign! Did you read her note?"

"No."

Georgie Ann took out the envelope and opened it. The note, on pink stationary, read: "Dearest Georgie, my new girlfriend, if you're reading this, please turn things back to George. I think it'll only be for a few minutes. George, I hope when you look in the mirror and realize what's been done, you're not too angry with me. Everything about you is what Georgie wanted, and, frankly, we were having so much fun I got carried away and completely forgot about George - even when attaching the boobs and vagina! I hope you and Georgie can just get together and enjoy. I think it'll work. Why? If Joyce hasn't explained it yet, she will. Love ya, hon, whether George or Georgie. Your friend (I hope) Jacqui."

Georgie Ann looked from the note to her sister. Resignedly: "OK, sis. Explain."

"Well, sis, there was a job in Cincinnati for George, but it fell through weeks ago. I knew we still had to get out of here tonight, but I didn't want to bother you with this little glitch because you were doing so well carrying out the plan. Then I got to thinking. You were doing well. Your emerging feminine side was making you into a better person. Were there other Boys and men out there who would benefit from the same 'treatment'?

"I did a little research and found, at least according to women nationwide, that there were probably thousands. I thought to myself, that I could help those women get rid of the obnoxious men in their lives, and help the obnoxious men - men like you used to be, Sis - to become better persons. I could use, in modified and expanded forms, the methods used by Charlene and Company. They had the market at home, so I needed to go elsewhere. Also, I couldn't bear the thought of staying at home, with you gone, alone with Dad. I can't be his pseudo-son anymore, Georgie Ann. I'm a girl; I want to act like one, look like one, be one!

"You've experienced your feminine side for what, two months, tops; I've experienced my masculine side for ten years. Now's my girl time!" Here Joyce paused, gulped, and girded herself for what she now had to admit. "I decided to go with you - we're going to Chicago, by the way - but I knew George, masculine protective George, even the new George, would never agree. I'm only fourteen. I needed... need ... help, and you're eighteen, legally an adult."

Here it comes. 'OK, Joyce, girl; get it over with and see if you're on the way to Chicago or hitching a ride back home.'

"But, I set you up! I needed Georgie, not George. From the way George was changing during the weeks before the dance tonight, I was pretty sure that what actually did happen at Jacqui's would happen; that he would 'go girl'. Although," Here, she chuckled. "I did not expect the vagina!" She looked straight at her brother/sister. "I wanted Georgie not to be able to turn back to George tonight!" She waited. The face across from her was a mask. She couldn't tell if George, Georgie, or Georgie Ann was in control.

All she got was, "Keep going" in a gender-neutral monotone.

That was scarier than rage or tears, she thought. 'Oh, well, he' - she assumed George was the one listening - 'hasn't pushed me out of the car yet.'

"And it worked. You're stuck, brother dear. You will at least look like Georgie for a month. And, if you're wondering, Jacqui wasn't in on this. She just responded to Georgie's natural enthusiasm, like I knew she would." Again an involuntary chuckle, "But, I repeat, I did not expect the vagina!"

Serious again "But you do have choices. You can take me back, go to a medical clinic for help, and leave alone as George, although I think you'd still be an effeminate George. You can make me get out here and continue on, and try to survive as Georgie on your own; here are the documents she needs that Jacqui had prepared."

She took an envelope out of her purse and handed it to George. When he made no move to take it, she laid it in his lap. "or, and here's what I hope you'll do, you can be Georgie Ann for a month and help me get Vaingirls started. I admit, I can't do what I've planned without her - or..." reluctantly "...George - I need an adult but..." and here she pleaded, "...I also need a girlfriend! God, Georgie Ann, you're more feminine than I am!

"I've been a boy, for all practical purposes, thanks to Dad, for the last 10 years. Charlene and Company may have had you as the target of their 'girl campaign', but they made me see too, and to remember Mom, and being a little girl. I want to be a girl! You, you're ready to pass anywhere, but I don't think you think you are. I think Georgie Ann wants my help. Be Georgie Ann for a month. We'll help each other. If you do, and if at the end of that time, you want to be George and go you're own way, I swear, I'll do everything in my power to help you. Please, Georgie Ann, we can help so many people, and help each other, and it'll be fun; I know it will!" She'd given it her best shot. She waited.

"Vaingirls?" definitely in George's voice.

"A transformation salon. A place for boys who want to be girls - or who maybe don't want to be but need to be, like you. Do you know what crossdressers, transvestites, transsexuals, all the transgendered go through? I didn't, but I learned, I researched. Sometimes their lives are a living hell. Undeserved feelings of shame, self-loathing from violating society's standards of what's proper."

'Society's standards' brought scorn to Joyce's voice.

"Femininity should be enjoyed, treasured for the nurturing and compassionate qualities it brings to humanity! You know. You know you're a much better person, male or female, for experiencing your feminine side. No matter what you do in the future, aren't you glad now that you were forced to do it?

"But what if Charlene and Company really had been bitches and not basically nice girls? What if you had always wanted to be a girl, or just to dress like one, and had no one to help you, particularly living with someone like dad? While most dads aren't as bad as ours, they're not exactly TG friendly! Those boys and men who want or need to experience their feminine side need a place where that can happen in a friendly nurturing environment.

"All right, sometimes a not-so-friendly environment, too, but one developed by people who care about the Person and aren't out to humiliate him only for their own amusement! I - we - can do that! Jacqui believes I can, so much so that she will advance me $25,000 to rent space and build the physical plant. Then she'll move to Chicago and front the place, do the actual makeovers, teach me. But only if you, if Georgie Ann, will help! A fourteen year old can't do everything - not even me!" She allowed herself some self-pride here. Again she waited.

The silence stretched. No change of expression. George's voice: "Sis, you're crazy!"

Her heart sank, and she lowered her head. 'I won't cry!' she thought. 'I won't. I won't. I won't. Oh, the hell I won't!' But just as she was about to let the tears flow, she felt fingertips softly brush her cheek. She looked up to see a radiant smile.

"But I love you!" Georgie Ann's voice, as she swept Joyce into a big hug. "You want a business partner, girlfriend, and older sister for a month, sis, you got her!"

"Oh, oh, oh..." For once, Joyce was at a loss for words, and the two sisters concentrated on just hugging each other.

After the emotional tide had waned, Georgie Ann did go into the back of the U- haul and change, but into girls jeans and a halter top that showed off her silicon induced cleavage quite nicely. "For all the truckers watching!" she explained to her sister, who smacked her

"Tramp!" but in a loving tone of voice.

Georgie Ann, the one legal driver, changed places with her sister, started up the U-haul, and pulled back onto the interstate. 300 miles to Chicago, and a whole new life - for a month, anyway! Silence reigned, as each apparently was lost in her own thoughts.

"Sis," said Georgie Ann after awhile, staring straight ahead at the road, "just don't paint my office pink!"

Joyce had the grace to blush. That was exactly what she'd been planning to do.

*****

Twenty-eight year old Joyce shook her head. 'I oughta write a book' she thought. She lifted her coffee cup to her lips. The coffee was cold. 'Time for bed, but just a little clean up first.' She got up, washed her cup out and hung it back on the rack. Then she headed up the stairs to the apartment she shared with the other three "girls". 'Fourteen years' she thought, 'fourteen years!'

As she ascended the stairs, her thoughts returned to the present and the young man who was going to be gorgeous, whether "she" liked it or not!

*****

Georgie Ann had stayed more than a month, six months in fact, and she and Joyce and Jacqui, who did join them after the first month, had built Vaingirls. They had used $10,000 of Jacqui's money as a down payment on an old art deco looking building on Halsted Street, where they still remain. Built in the 1930's, it needed some repairs, but nothing the remaining money couldn't handle.

Jacqui's makeovers quickly became famous throughout Chicago's TG community, and she trained Joyce well. Joyce found, however, that she had a real talent for sewing and design, and, while always the "bosslady", she became Vaingirls' seamstress. Over the years the other three Vaingirls, all originally clients, were brought on board, and Jessica is now the seamstress. Vaingirls' is currently on the verge of launching a new line of ladies' clothing designed with the figure problems faced by its clientele in mind - all designed by Joyce.

Charlene, Meredith, and Sally Ann's transformation service, 'Three Ladies', prospered, and thegirls stayed in contact with Vaingirls. When Joyce decided it was time, 'Three Ladies' became the first Vaingirls franchise.

Ray ended up working for 'Three Ladies', and married a nice man he met through them. All theVaingirls attended the ceremony, and George was going to act as best man; however, when it was learned that Ray would be the one wearing the wedding gown, a 6'6" bride, Georgie Ann attended as maid of honor.

Georgie Ann had finally decided that going back to school was necessary, and that that could be accomplished more efficiently using the initials G.A. True to her word, although reluctantly, Joyce had helped her sister Georgie Ann successfully transition to her brother, G.A. There were some tearful moments on both parts as they packed away Georgie Ann's things, those not suitable for G.A., and I stored them in Vaingirls' attic.

G.A. completed his undergraduate work at the University of Illinois so successfully that he received a full scholarship to Harvard Law School. Upon completion, magna cum laude, he returned to Chicago and set up his own law practice specializing, to Joyce's delight, in gender issue cases. He was, of course, Vaingirls' lawyer as well as the personal lawyer of his sister and the three other "girls".

When, seven years ago, he became engaged, he made sure his fiancee got to meet Georgie Ann. Knowing her brother, her new brother that she had helped create, Joyce was not surprised that the fiancee he had chosen found Georgie Ann "adorable". While G.A. is around most of the time, Georgie Ann - and wife - come out to play with the Vaingirls a couple of times a year.

Five years ago, word reached G.A. that his father had died. There had been no contact since he and Joyce had left. His father had, it turned out, taken the time to find out where they were though, and had informed his lawyer to contact them, along with G.A.'s four brothers, upon his death. When the Hall clan gathered for the funeral, four because of hope of financial gain, two for old time's sake, because they knew better, it was Georgie Ann who attended; she thought that was fitting, and Joyce concurred. The brothers asked where "George" was, and Joyce told them he was dead and that Georgie Ann was his widow. In a way it was true. None of them recognized George in Georgie Ann.

During the funeral visit, Georgie Ann saw Al, her oldest brother, the one from Akron who had married the cheerleader, smack his wife several times. Georgie Ann managed to get her, Sharon, aside and told her she knew just the greatest lawyer. Sharon, definitely not the airhead bimbo Al had told everyone she was, confessed that she was on the point of leaving Al, but that she was afraid for herself and the children. How could she protect them and herself from an ever more violent Al? Knowing the limitations of the law in matters like this, Georgie Ann called Joyce over. Last Thanksgiving, the whole Vaingirls crew was invited by Sharon to Akron for the long Thanksgiving weekend. They were met at the door by a rather large but pretty maid named Alice. This time G.A. came, and he swore it was the best Thanksgiving he'd ever had!

End?

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
50 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Vaingirls Revisited

An oldie but goodie.

Bad boy tricked and both the tricksers and the tricked are redeemed. The two illustrations worked well.

Nice to see it reposted, Jezzi. See I did get your name right eventually.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Continuing Joy.

Jezzi,

It is not that I had forgotten, nor ever knew, just how good Vaingirls is, but that we all need to be reminded of it to ensure that our own standards do not slip.

And if we need a second, more selfish reason, then the fact that it is simply such a good read is surely sufficient.

It's probably just because you write so well. Clearly, concisely so that one does not really have to make any conscious effort to read. The eyes scan the words and the tale unfolds in one's mind. It is quite effortless.

Well not quite effortless perhaps:). The accent can puzzle a poor English girl occasionally, stir the brain cells into what passes for thought. What the hell is a U-haul? Some form of motorised caravan?

Or just a phonetic representation of a Southern States American drawl?

Yours admiringly,

Fleurie

Fleurie

U-Haul...

U-Haul is a company that provides vans, cube trucks and trailers to people who want to move their belongings from one place to another, or to hold larger amounts of luggage, etc., that might be taken on a long vacation/journey.