A Summer of Changes - Book 4 Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

Denise

Denise has at last reached the age of nineteen
and her friends have decided to help her to celebrate

A Summer of Changes

by Louise Anne Smithson

Book 4 Chapter 1

Birthday girl

Samantha was up and ready half an hour early on the Friday morning and so whilst her housemate was in the shower and putting on her makeup she was able to prepare them some breakfast.

‘Happy birthday Denise!’ she said as her friend emerged from her bedroom. ‘So now you've only one more year left as a teenager!’

Denise smiled.

Samantha kissed her on the cheek and handed her an envelope. Inside there was a large ‘girly’ birthday card. Denise smiled at the wording on the card and thanked her, then noticed there was another smaller envelope inside.

‘What’s this?’ she asked.

‘It’s your birthday present. It's a special promotion I saw in the newspaper - two people to have bed and breakfast in a posh Brighton hotel. However, you'll need to get your skates on as it is only valid for Saturday nights in July.’

‘Thank you, but that only leaves 31st July as I'm staying with Sue and Alison tomorrow and have promised to go out with John on 24th. Would that date be ok for you?’

Samantha sighed.

‘It wasn't intended for me to go with you. I thought you might like to invite my cousin,’ she answered.

‘Hang on a minute, I don’t want to go sharing a bedroom with him, when we hardly know one another,’ said Denise, a little put out by her friend’s suggestion.

‘You wouldn’t have to share a bed, if you didn’t want to; the rooms all have twin queen-sized beds.’

‘But it still could get embarrassing.’

‘Not if you made it clear to him exactly where you both stood at the outset,’ said Samantha. ‘I felt bad that we spoiled your date with John tonight and thought it might be an ideal opportunity for you two to have a little privacy to get to know one another. You can’t easily bring him back here with his cousin hovering in the background, and you can’t go to his place as he will be staying with Jane for a while. At least give the idea some consideration, and if you really don't want to risk going with him then I'll go with you on the 31st.’

‘Alright, I’ll think about it, but in any event thanks for the present,’ replied Denise giving her friend a kiss.

‘What clothes for the weekend are you planning to take in to work with you?’ asked Samantha.

‘I don’t know really, I can’t take anything too dressy or else it will give away that I know that we're all going out together.’

‘You're right, take fairly ordinary clothes, I'm sure Sue and Jane will have foreseen that problem and will probably offer to lend you something to wear once they tell you where they're planning to take you tonight.’


They had to leave home before the post arrived and so Denise would have to wait to see if there were cards from Norwich. However, during the course of their journey, her mother phoned to wish her a happy birthday and wanted to know how she intended to spend the evening. This was followed by a call from Julia asking the same question.

‘I've been invited by various colleagues to go out clubbing — a true girls’ night out,’ she told Julia.

‘But what about this John, isn’t he taking you out?’

‘I’ll be seeing him briefly at lunchtime today, but we're planning to go out together next weekend.’

‘In that case good luck for next week, and in the meanwhile have a great time yourself this evening.’

Once she arrived at work Denise was greeted with cards from all her colleagues.

As Sue handed over her card she said, ‘Alison and I have both got a present for you but we will hand them over tonight when we're both there.’

‘Thank you,’ answered Denise smiling.

She put her various cards on display on her desk, noting with pleasure that they were all feminine ones that acknowledged her adopted gender. She then went to get changed so they could get on with their day’s work.


Helen came in during their coffee break with a cream cake and a couple of gift-wrapped boxes.

‘Here you are Denise, happy birthday, these are for you,’ she said handing them over.

Denise opened the boxes and found some tight pink leggings, a glittery halter top, and a pair of high heeled strappy sandals. It went through her mind that there had been some discussion by her colleagues and that this was the outfit that they were expecting her to wear in the evening.

She smiled and thanked Helen whilst at the same time asked herself, how on earth she would be able to wear the leggings without giving herself away with bulges below the waistline?

‘Helen, you've already given me a couple of outfits to wear’ she said.

‘I know, but that was back in May, I usually give my employees some clothes on their birthday; free samples are one of the perks of working in the fashion business.’

‘Thank you; you're very generous,’ said Denise.

‘No, I want to thank you! I know how hard you've been working recently and that we've made excellent progress in photographing the stock. In fact I'd like you to take a break from modelling next week and help me to launch the first phase of the web site. Sue tells me that she'll have plenty of work with Samantha on her own.’

‘All right, but you understand that I'll still be coming in to work dressed as Denise.’

‘Yes of course, it wouldn't make any sense to change back into a man just for a few days.’


John arrived punctually at 1.00 pm but they had not finished the morning’s work. Denise was uncertain how she should react to him in front of the others, who all now knew that she would be going out with him. However, she plucked up courage and when he wished her a happy birthday she kissed him briefly on the lips. They both blushed as she did so.

‘Would you mind waiting for five minutes whilst we finish this job?’ she asked smiling sweetly. ‘You can talk to Jane.’

‘No problem,’ he replied.

At last she was ready to leave and the couple went off to get some lunch at a nearby coffee bar.

‘This is for you, I hope you like it,’ he said handing over a package neatly wrapped in silver paper with a pink bow.

Inside Denise found a blue/grey silk lingerie set. She gasped in surprise and then held them up to examine them.

‘I hope you don’t think that they're too personal for a gift; I could always change them if you don't like them,’ he said hesitantly.

‘No, I think they're a lovely gift. Thank you very much. A girl can never have too many nice underclothes,’ she answered, and leaned across to kiss him on the cheek.

‘It was Samantha’s suggestion, and Jane ordered them for me through your work. I would never have known what to get you, and in any event would never have the courage to go into a shop and buy something like this,’ he replied.

‘Yes I thought your present bore the hallmarks of your two cousins, the colour exactly matches my new dress.’

‘And your eyes,’ he added.

Denise didn't answer, but he could see she was pleased that he'd noticed.

‘Are we still ok for next Saturday night?’ he asked.

‘Yes of course,’ she answered sweetly, ‘I am really looking forward to it.’

‘Good.’

She hesitated for a second before responding.

‘In fact I was wondering whether you would like to spend next weekend at Brighton with me?’ she asked tentatively.

‘What do you have in mind?’

She explained about the hotel offer.

‘If you drive us down and pay for our dinner and a nightclub, I'll provide the bed and breakfast. But please don’t get the wrong idea, it'll be twin beds. I'm not planning to sleep with you after our first date.’

He blushed, but looked quite pleased.

‘I understand, and yes, I'd love to go with you. Perhaps we can have a look around Brighton on the Sunday as well before we go home?’

‘That would be fine by me.’

She was about to add, ‘and I may even wear my new lingerie when we go out on Saturday night’, but stopped herself in case it gave him the wrong idea.

‘Thank you. That will more than make amends for cancelling our date tonight.’

‘I’ll go ahead and book the hotel then,’ she said, blushing a little.

‘See if you can find a nice restaurant on the Internet as well whilst you are at it. If you let me know where you would like me to take you, I'll make the arrangements’ he said.

‘I’ll find a restaurant, but you can choose a club,’ she replied.

‘Alright, but it may not be easy for me to see you again before next weekend as I'm now going to Birmingham and my new job is likely to keep me pretty busy next week. However, I’ll telephone you over the weekend if I may.’

‘I'd like that,’ she replied. ‘And don’t worry if you want to contact me next week, from the sound of things I'll be spending much of next week sitting at my computer rather than modelling clothes.’

‘Maybe we can exchange emails and text messages in that case.’

Denise had to return to her work and John needed to leave for Birmingham before the motorway became too busy, so they finished their coffees and went their separate ways after briefly exchanging another kiss on the lips.


‘So what did you think of John’s birthday present?’ asked Samantha as they were getting changed for the next photographic session.

‘Very nice, but I don’t think he would have chosen it without a fair amount of guidance from his cousins,’ Denise answered smiling.

‘Sorry if it seems as if Jane and I are always interfering, but we only want you to get over your inhibitions about having a good time as Denise.’

‘We'll have to see, but I've arranged for John to come with me to Brighton on Saturday week.’

‘Good for you!’


By the end of the afternoon none of her younger colleagues had said anything about their going out together during the evening and Denise was even wondering whether the arrangements had been cancelled. As soon they were finished work Samantha left with her sister but Sue had to finish downloading the last batch of pictures. Denise therefore stayed on to help, and it was almost 6.00 pm before they arrived at the Sue’s home. As they entered the flat, Alison, Jane and Samantha suddenly appeared from various hiding places.

‘Surprise!’ they said in unison.

‘Happy birthday Denise,’ said Alison, giving her a kiss and handing her a card.

Before she could answer Jane came forward to speak.

‘We all think that you need to get out and enjoy yourself more, so we're taking you out clubbing this evening.’

‘So that was the reason for the leggings and halter top. They didn't strike me as being the sort of thing that Helen might choose.’

‘It was our suggestion, especially for this evening,’ answered Jane.

‘The only trouble is those leggings will be bound to show off a tell-tale bulge between my legs,’ she replied.

‘Ah, but we've foreseen that problem, and that's where my present will come into its own’ said Sue, handing over a small package.

Denise opened the package and found a small, belt like garment.

'What is it?’ she asked intrigued.

‘It is called a gaff, it is a means of tucking your dangly bits away out of sight, so you can wear tight clothes without giving the game away. They're worn by female impersonators. I have made four of them for you; two to wear when you go out and two others to use at work when we begin to model leggings and tight skirts. I'll have to show you how to use it if you don't mind.

Before Denise could answer, Alison chipped in.

‘I’ve got you a special pair of padded control pants which will flatten your belly whilst at the same time enhancing your hips and bum,’ she said handing over her present.

‘And I’ve bought you a basque to hold in your waist and give you an hour-glass figure,’ said Jane.

Denise took the offered gifts and opened them, and thanked the respective donors.

‘Why do I get the distinct impression that my friends regard me as their full-sized Barbie doll?’

‘In that case we will have to look out for a full-sized ‘Ken’ for you tonight,’ commented Alison.

‘Don’t worry, Samantha and I've already got that in hand,’ said Jane.

‘I hope he comes better equipped than the real ‘Ken‘, added Alison.

Denise blushed.

Come on then Barbie, you can have a quick shower and then come through to my bedroom with your presents and we'll get you sorted out down below,’ said Sue.

Ten minutes later Denise emerged, dressed only in a blue housecoat borrowed from Sue.

Sue went to the freezer in her kitchen and took out a plastic ice cream carton that had been inside

‘Ok Denise, would you mind inserting your unwanted organ into this sheath and attach the belt round your waist.

Denise did as she was told. The tip of her penis emerged from the end of the sheaf, and a thin strap hung down below.

‘I'm afraid that I'm going to need to touch your scrotum, but I’ll be wearing rubber gloves,’ said Sue.

‘Sue this is rather embarrassing, can’t I just tuck it in my pants as I usually do.’

‘No, as you've said yourself, you wouldn't be able to do it well enough to wear tight leggings without showing a bulge. To do that you will have to push up the testes into the cavity in your body, then we can fold back your penis and scrotum much more effectively, and hold them in place with the gaff. I can show you how to do it this time and thereafter you will be able to do it for yourself’

‘Won’t it do me an injury?’

‘No the testes sometimes naturally go back inside your body if you are very cold or when you are under stress, but they should always descend again without any trouble.’

‘What if I need to go to the toilet when my penis is held back?’

‘According to an article on the internet on the subject, you should be able to urinate in that position with a little practice, but of course you'll have to sit down to do so. Now this is going to feel rather cold for a few minutes, but it shouldn't hurt.’

She took out an ice cold cooling bag from the plastic carton and held it on to his testicles. After a minute or so she replaced it with another one from the same box. A minute or so later she quickly felt the scrotum and could find no trace of the testes, and so Sue pulled the strap between her legs and attached it to a clip at the rear of the belt. The strap had an adjustor, which Sue proceeded to tighten until the penis was held securely out of sight. Only the tip emerged from the end.

‘How does it feel?’ she asked.

‘Not as uncomfortable as I thought'’ answered Denise.

‘Good, in that case you can put on your padded pants and then Jane can help you to put on the basque she has bought for you.'

‘Before I do, let me first see if I can go to the toilet when I am trussed up like this.

Five minutes later she emerged from the toilet.

‘Any luck?’ asked Sue.

‘It took a little time to come, but did so eventually, and it was not uncomfortable. I’ll have to be careful to wipe it afterwards as I can no longer shake the drips away’ she answered.


Denise put on a pair of her own knickers and then the padded control briefs, so that there was no longer any indication that she was wearing the gaff. She had never worn a basque before and required Jane’s assistance to put it on for the first time. It was tight and a little constricting but certainly improved the look of her waistline.

‘You won’t need the suspenders for tonight as you'll be wearing the leggings and sandals’ said Jane as she detached them, but don’t lose them as the next time you may want to have stockings.’

Denise then put on her new leggings, the halter top and strapped on her sandals and looked at herself in Sue’s full length mirror. There was no trace of any bulge, and she was glad that she'd recently painted her toenails as these looked most attractive with the sandals. Sue came in once again to see how she was progressing.

‘Just give me a quarter of an hour to put on some more make up and fix my hair before we leave.’

‘In the event it took her a full half hour, as she went to considerable trouble over her makeup, using a satin finish lipstick, three shades of eye shadow and a couple of coats of mascara to set off her eyes. Eventually at 9.15pm she stepped into the living room where the others were waiting having just finished getting themselves ready.

‘Is there any trace of a bulge?’ asked Denise.

‘None at all, you look fine’ answered Samantha, ‘so let us go and hit the town.’


The evening of Denise’s nineteenth birthday was therefore spent out with four of her female friends, visiting a number of nightclubs, having a good laugh and dancing with various guys, but nobody was looking for any relationship. Everyone had fun, and nobody had too much to drink, out of deference to Jane, who was already a little concerned about the alcohol she had consumed immediately prior to, and after her wedding, at a time when she must have been pregnant. At first Denise found it quite difficult to dance wearing her new outfit, but gradually got used to what she was wearing and was happy to join in the fun fully confident that she would not give herself away. Eventually at about 2.00 am the party broke up and the participants went to their respective homes or places they were staying for the weekend.

(Next time Denise embarks on a path that could lead to some far-reaching changes.)

up
137 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Pushing Too Hard...

Things have reached the point in Denise's life where she's clearly happy to be transitioning and unlikely to do anything that would interfere with her future as a woman. It seems evident that she's now perfectly capable of taking further steps socially on her own, when she's ready. But that's not good enough for her friends: they're still pushing her into areas she doesn't feel ready for -- sharing a room with John and clubbing -- with the usual reassurance that she doesn't HAVE to do this, if she doesn't mind letting her roommate and her boss and all her friends down. Some choice. (Some friends.)

Sorry. I'd been feeling better about this story and Denise's attitude for most of Books Two and Three. But the end of the last chapter, where Samantha made Denise cancel her date because people were preparing a surprise party for her (perish the thought that Denise should take any initiative, even with a relationship that Samantha and company set up in the first place) and now this time, when Samantha ups the ante to Denise sharing a room with John, seem to be bringing us (OK, me) back to the discomfort of the early part.

Eric

Ditto

You said it. I've always felt discomfort with this story. To me this story is still force fem as I get this visual imagery in my mind of a bunch of people shoving a person from behind as one is trying to make up their mind where to go next while on vacation somewhere and they keep pushing and pushing ( all the while you are stumbling along trying to keep up and enjoy the cotton candy in your hand ) and whinging and whining until they get there way or they try to convince you that you to also think that you too should feel it is a cool idea ...

It is not fun. So much for free will. Peer pressure at it's worst. It' worst then in an American High School. It is hardly 'Sweet' to me at this point, despite what the author says. There has been a veneer that this has been that Denise is only being 'encouraged', yeah with social 38 cal at her back.

Kim

Perhaps

Perhaps they are treating her as an attractive
girl friend who needs a little help in her
socializing with the opposite sex. It could
be that Denise is inter-sexed and is being
pushed in the right direction. She is too
natural of a girl to be all male. In the office
it was her that initiated a kiss on the lips
too John. By their blushes they both enjoyed
the kiss. As for the hotel it does have
separate beds. Also, keep in mind that perhaps
not being alone has stopped her from being romantic
as possible with John. If I were to be concerned
for anyone it would be for John. What are the
cousins doing with John by encouraging a
relationship that would be frowned upon.
Could it be that the cousins tipped John off
that they suspect Denise may be inter-sexed
and not to worry about having her as a partner
for the wedding that she may in fact be more
girl than boy. Once meeting Denise, John fell
truly in love with Denise not caring what is
between her legs. That both Denise and John
are at a point where they are not looking for
the correct gender in each other but the right
person.

Personally if John were my friend I would hit
him over the head, disown him and write him
off as a queer. But if Denise were my friend
and she is as good as she sounds I would make
sure John got lost and I would be escorting
her to the hotel. And I would feel confident
I was escorting a girl.

Kaptin Nibbles

I think the key here is

Andrea Lena's picture

well intended or no, most if not all of her decisions are being manipulated by her friends in a "you've got to act now, come on, make up your mind!" manner instead of allowing her to discover these things on her own with their support. Instead of waltzing into womanhood and discovering her orientation, she's careening downhill on a go-cart without any brakes headed toward hooking up to a guy she hardly knows, much less herself. What's the hurry?

She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Con grande amore e di affetto, Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Here, here

You said it way better than I did. I have just about given up on this story to be honest.

Kim

Patience

The author has developed the characters. We do
not truly know the motives of the characters in
the story. This has been a great story. Give
the author the benefit of the doubt. Let Louise
take us where she wants too. From the comments
I see two viewpoints. One she is being forced
the other she is receiving active support. It
will be interesting how it develops.

Kaptin Nibbles

Manipulative Actions

I'm in full agreement with Eric, kimmie and Andrea, this story is just manipulation on top of manipulation on top of manipulation, by Denise's co-workers and Jane, much of it from Samantha and Jane.

Denise's co-workers and Jane go out of their way to organize a night of clubbing BEHIND DENISE'S BACK, then Samantha pushes Denise to change her plans of going out with John that Friday night, then Jane and Samantha push John to get Denise the lingerie, then Samantha pushes Denise to take the Brighton hotel package, telling her she should go there with John, implying that they should have sex, when neither one is ready for it.

Even though there may not be actual physical force being used here, the psychological manipulation by the women involved is nothing but force, as they are doing everything they can to control her choices on all key matters. I wasn't surprised to see that one of the women suggest breast implants, I had figured they would be prodding her that way or to get on hormones as quickly as possible. I would not be surprised to hear, within a few more chapters, that the women had arranged for Denise to see a gender identity specialist for hormones, etc.

The story is good, but it is not a sweet and sentimental one, it is a tale of a person being pushed along a path that others have chosen for her, whether she truly wants it or not. It's force fem, plain and simple.

A Summer of Changes - Book 4 Chapter 1

Those 'ladies' sem to want to have Denise get intimate with John. I get the feeling that they won't stop until Denise gets her bits 'sorted' and is Denise physically inspite of what Denis might want.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Denise

Its obvious what Denise wants. To keep presenting
herself as a beautiful girl and play bumper cars
with her and Johns' lips. She looks to good not
to be inter-sexed and takes to being a girl far
to easy to blame friends for their efforts at
helping her achieve her desires.

Kaptin Nibbles

A Summer of Changes

Unless he/she is inter-sexed Denis should stop
being Denise ASAP. She needs to make an appointment
with a doctor who specializes in the area of
gender problems. The way things are going her
friends have taken her to a new level of ability
to expose her person with enhancements. The
next steps is to make those enhancements real.
She needs to talk to a professional before one
of her well intentioned friends gives her birth
control pills or orders hormones for her. Most
us guys tend to be neanderthal in "appearance and
manner" to look as good as Denise looks in female
clothing means there must be something else at
work.

Well written and interesting. This story is
a gem. Possibly the most interesting story I
have read. No matter what direction you take
the story you can do no wrong.

Kaptin Nibles

Well Louise, I for one don't agree with the AFFS!

The Anti Forced Fem Society.

Denis as Denise is quite able to make up her own mind and does so consistently.

Denis as Denis never could have!

Her friends could see Denise was the stronger and supported her as Denise which is what all TG's, MTF dream of, positive support not incriminations and negative hateful attacks on her person.

That's not forced fem from her friends, its supportive activity.
It's totally in Denise's court if she proceeds into full feminisation; When and How!

Your story is nice and steady with a developing relationship which I trust will end in a loving and happy ending. I can also see her mother, sister and friends all in agreement!

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Recent comments

Wow! I had no idea that poor little Denise would generate so many detailed comments, and am really quite flattered. All I can say is - give her time to develop her own personality (after all she has been through quite a lot recently). I have the next five chapters written and know where I want to take it. If people decide to give up on the story now then so be it - but you never know, it may be worth sticking around?
Best wishes
Louise Anne

Clubbing etc.

OK, so there is some coercion (well, nudges in the right direction), but I think the girls don't have any overt malevolent intentions. They just want Denise to experience the full spectrum of life as a girl, so by the end of September when the modelling finishes, she can make a truly informed decision about whether to revert to being Denis.

As for the evening's activities, the surprise party and going clubbing is almost certainly something they'd do to each other - so it's a sign they're treating Denise as "one of the girls". I'm sure if Denise was GG and she'd announced to her flatmate/colleague that she was planning a date on the same day the rest of her colleagues were planning a surprise party, Samantha would spill the beans - or otherwise hint that it might be useful to postpone the date.

As for the Brighton trip, it's just a gentle push. After all, the suites have twin beds, Samantha handed Denise a strategy to ensure John knew what was expected of him, and offered to go herself if Denise was too uncomfortable with the prospect of going with John.

Remember, it seems fairly common for CDs and TGs to be understandably wary about appearing in public, lest they be "read" and ridiculed. Denise has shown on multiple occasions that her appearance, behaviour and mannerisms are practically perfect, but she just needs a little "encouragement" to go ahead and do it.

 


EAFOAB Episode Summaries

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

This is far more than "encouragement"

This pyschological battering however subtle it may be is just plain wrong. Samantha, jane and all the rest have all but shunned Dennis and made it pretty clear that it is Denise they like and want and not dennis. They are putting their own wants and desires ahead of Dennis/Denise. Now Denise may very well choose to remain on a permanant basis but their has to a decision based on reality and what fits them best not what suits everyone else. There is a clear attempt to push Denise into a relationship with John and to further drive her down the road toward full fledged womanhood. These people could give the The old soviets and others lessons in Psychological warfare.

Scratching my head again

Gee, If I don't like a story, I don't keep reading it and saying how much I don't like it. I stop reading and go to a different story, like one written by Louise Anne for example.
Nice to see Denise is taking my suggestion on a tuck, it will make things easier down the road.
Moving along "With a little help from my friends" (sorry) Denise is progressing nicely now. Her friends are giving her nudges, but she is a girl, always was.

Cefin

Hum

I was shaving when I was 14, some of my friends were androgynous at 18, just like Denise/Denis. However she needs to see a MD quickly or testosterone will start to make her more masculine.

Cefin