The Country Life - Part 4

Printer-friendly version
The Country Life - Part 4
by:
Lilith Langtree


Penance sometimes takes the strangest forms. If James McAllister's was to ever make it into heaven then he'd have to learn to forgive himself. Perhaps living a while, in the body of a young victim, might give him that chance.

Hannah insisted on spending half the afternoon going through her closet this time, in search of the perfect dress for my date with Brett. I was basically thinking something cool would be nice, so I didn't sweat my butt off out there. She had other ideas.

I shook my head at the black suede skirt. "No. Do you want me to die of dehydration and heat exhaustion?"

Hannah frowned. "Guys like the smell of leather and suede, Ally."

I giggled. "No, Uncle Jethro likes that smell."

Sticking her tongue out at me, she disappeared back into her closet and returned with a long broom skirt. I didn't really know what a broom skirt was, but Allison's brain brought forth the name and I just accepted it. "Uh, no. Something cooler, it's hot out there."

With a frown she disappeared again and returned a moment later with… hmm. I hopped off the bed and grabbed the light blue dress. Holding it up in front of me while I looked into the mirror, I cocked my head to the side, and grinned. "I think this is the one. Be right back."

"Ally, where are you going?"

Stopping at the door, I turned around. "I need to see if I have the boots to match."

"Boots? I think you're supposed to wear heels with that."

This time it was me who raised my eyebrows. "Heels? At Briar Park? No chance." I'd fall on my butt with the first step.

With the dress clutched to my breast I ran into my room and stripped bare, well, except for my panties and slipped on the dress. It dropped down covering about three-quarters of my thighs and had embroidery at the neckline with those fake smiley pockets above my breasts. Seeing as it was sleeveless, I was pretty sure I'd be as cool as possible, and it was very cute with its empire waist.

With a happy skip I plundered my closet in search of the proper boots and came up with a pair I'd only worn a few times. If you can believe it, blue Musago python skin, pointy toed.

"Perfect."

Socks went on and then the boots right after.

"Well, aren't you a picture," Hannah stated, her own grin matching mine. "Brett won't know what hit him smack between the eyes."

That's when it all came rushing back at me like a freight train. I was acting like a giddy school-girl all excited because of a date with a boy. I stilled and my grin faded away. A look into the mirror showed how pretty I was, and how scared I was as well.

"Hey," Hannah sounded concerned. "What's wrong?"

My brow crinkled. "This is too much. Maybe I ought to wear jeans instead." Loose jeans, and maybe I should shave my head while I was at it.

"You're kidding, right?"

I looked at her and I knew fear showed in my eyes. "This is a bad idea, Aunt Hannah."

She came up to me and I could tell she was concerned, but she hid it, trying to bolster my confidence. "Nonsense. Brett is a perfect gentleman. You'll be safe as houses bein' with him."

How could I tell her it really wasn't my being safe that was my chief concern. I was lonely, guilt-ridden, and since I hadn't taken care of things in a self-sexual way from the beginning of this fiasco, I was on edge, if you get my meaning. Around any other guy I seemed to be perfectly fine, but when I was around Brett, it was like something in him called to me. I was seriously not prepared for going on a date with him let alone in a romantic setting under the stars. Well, I might as well just say it.

"It's not him I'm worried about. It's me."

Hannah mulled that thought around in her head for a moment. "Have you, um… taken care of yourself since the… thing?"

Thank God we were both on the same frequency. "No."

She bit the inside of her lip and nodded. "Well, as you already know, Jethro is out in the back hundred today, and I need to go tend the garden behind the barn. I'll probably be out there for at least an hour. Could you maybe come and get me if the phone rings, 'cause you know I can't hear a thing out there. You better hurry up with your bath so you'll have time to get ready for Brett."

Without another word, I was left alone in my bedroom and the door was closed.

I went on automatic again, just letting my body go through the motions gathering fresh panties and making my way to the bathroom, letting the warm water run and sprinkling fresh scented bath salt in the water. Without a conscious thought I put my hair up into a shower cap and stepped into the bath.

The whole situation was ridiculous. I'd done this countless times, virtually every morning in the shower when I was a man. Now I was a young woman and I never touched myself except for sanitary purposes. Now, here I was, nervous.

Stretched out in the tub, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, releasing it slowly afterward. This was wrong. I shouldn't even be thinking of dating, or sex, or masturbating. It was my fault that the real Allison Baker couldn't be here. If I'd only kept my stupid mouth shut, she'd be going about her life and I'd be going about mine.

What I was feeling even more guilty about was deceiving Hannah and Jethro. They were good people and here I was impersonating their niece, and I was enjoying it. It felt good to work with my hands again instead of sitting behind a desk making other people rich. It felt good to come to this lazy town in the middle of nowhere and ride Penny, and hug Jethro, and help Hannah in the kitchen.

It felt good to be tossed up in the air by Brock and seeing the gentle giant smile with the simple pleasure. But most of all it felt good to be asked out by Brett, Penny nosing me into his arms and feeling the curve of his muscled chest under my fingers. And his lips, God his lips…

I felt lost before, but when he kissed me I was safe and warm. The taste of him on my lips, the scent of outdoors and good clean sweat in the mix. It… it… oh my God.

"Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my…" Pulsing waves washed outward in concentric circles, growing stronger with each swell, pushing me further into oblivious bliss. My teeth clenched and I held back the scream that was building up from inside, muffling it into a whimper.

~O~

My face was glowing and it was really screwing with my makeup efforts. I couldn't meet my own eyes. Yes, the guilt was still there, but I was in better control of my hormones, which could only be a good thing considering that I can achieve an orgasm simply thinking about a kiss between Brett and me. I couldn't imagine what could or would happen if we actually went beyond that.

Thinking back to Allison's last night in town with Robbie in the bed of his father's truck. She was biting at the bit to control herself. Robbie's hands were on her bare breasts and trying their best to get up under Allison's skirt. She wanted it. She wanted satisfaction, but she knew that they'd never last, that it would only be sex and nothing more. That's the only thing that saved her virginity. Some serious dry humping got him off inside his jeans, and didn't give her anything more than a sore spot between her legs the next morning.

Hannah was not pleased. She'd thought that Allison had gone all the way by the way she hobbled to breakfast that morning. When Jethro left to feed the cattle, Allison had to explain exactly what happened. Hannah still wasn't pleased, but accepted that her niece had shown some restraint at least.

She came inside, sweaty and dust laden giving me the once over. "You look good, better."

My face reddened at the thought that she knew what I was doing only thirty minutes before.

A smile graced her lips. "Ally, it's nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm not that backward thinking." Seeing that wasn't really helping she decided to go overboard just to show me she was hip or whatever. "If you want we can go into the city tomorrow. I know of a place where we can get a few things that might help you keep… um, level."

I blinked. Was she talking about going to a sex toy store? "Uh, no thanks. I have things well in hand… I mean…" I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole if that sort of thing was possible.

"I know what you mean. If you change your mind just say the word. There's nothing to be hung up about."

The sound of a truck coming up the drive saved me from stuttering like a five year old. "He's here." Now I had all new things to worry about!

I grabbed my purse and then saw Hannah's inquiring eye. "Why do you have your big purse?"

It wasn't that big, just normal sized. "I can't wear my shoulder holster with this outfit."

Her eyes widened. "You're taking a gun with you on your date?"

Well, when she says it like that it sounds like a bad thing. "Um, yeah."

She looked like she wanted to complain, but held herself back, inherently knowing when to cut her losses. "Just remember to only drink out of sealed containers. Don't trust anything that someone hands you."

I nodded at the good advice. "I know. I'll be okay. I trust Brett."

The knock came sooner than I thought and I might have jumped a little. Hannah smiled at me. "Do you maybe want a valium or something to calm your nerves?"

I shook my head and went to answer the door. Oh damn. When I opened it I saw something that I don't think any other girl in Wiggins had been witness to: Brett dressed up. He wore a pair of brand new dark blue Wranglers that conformed to his thighs and waist like a second skin. Tucked into those huggers was a red western style long-sleeve shirt. The cuffs were folded halfway up showing off his muscled forearms and the top two pearl buttons were undone hinting at the smooth chest I remembered from the previous day. The red shirt in contrast to his dark tanned skin was amazing, nearly prompting a bit of drool at my lips.

Maybe I should have stayed in the bath for a little while longer.

"Ally, you look beautiful."

"Thank you," fell from my lips in automatic response. "You look…" Woof. I swallowed dryly. "Great."

I didn't notice his left hand hidden behind his back until he presented me with a bouquet of flowers. My lids blinked rapidly as my smile widened. Purple and white lilacs, some in full bloom and others just starting sent pollen into the air that smelled so sweet.

"Brett," I almost gasped. "Thank you. They're beautiful." And scarily symbolic. I took them and inhaled the scent. "I'll go put them in water. Come in."

Hannah was nearly floating on air. "Hi Brett."

"Hey, Mrs. Baker."

She pointed to the kitchen. "I'll go help Ally find a vase. Make yourself at home."

I rolled my eyes as I pushed open the swinging door to the kitchen. I knew perfectly well where the vases were at and she knew it. But that didn't stop her from doing the happy dance of joy when she entered on my heels.

"Ally Sue Baker, if you don't snatch him up tonight then every girl in Wiggins and the surround three counties will be scratching at his door come tomorrow."

I totally ignored her and grabbed a vase from underneath the counter. "White lilacs symbolize dignity and innocence, and purple, the beginnings of love."

That almost set her off even more. But I cut her off. "Would you put these in my room?"

She grabbed the vase and almost buried her face in the arrangement. "Not until Jethro sees them."

"Aunt Hannah," I whined. "Tell Uncle Jethro to leave Brett alone. Please."

She grinned knowingly at me. "You better go. We left him alone in there. Girls might be breakin' in as we speak to kidnap him all for themselves."

I pointed my finger at her. "Behave."

"Look who's talking."

Escaping from the kitchen I entered the sitting room where we left Brett. His back was to me and I got to see the other side of his tight jeans. I really think I should have stayed in the bath a lot longer. Teenage girl hormones were murder. It almost made me melancholy for the days when I was a sixteen year old boy frantically masturbating three times a day. At least then it would take the edge off. Being a girl only seemed to intensify the experience. Knowing what their simple self-induced orgasm felt like, I couldn't imagine what having actual sex would do to me.

The sound of my boots on the hardwood alerted him to my presence. He spun around with a bright smile on his lips. "Ready?"

I nodded.

"Y'all have fun now," Hannah called from the kitchen door.

I wanted to yell back, 'Bite me, Hannah,' but thought it wouldn't be lady-like. "Thanks. We will."

I stared at the giant truck sitting in front of the house. What is it with country boys and their innate need to see exactly how far they could lift their trucks in the air? I think it was a plot. They did it so that they'd have to assist girls into the cab and stare at their butts as they did so. Seeing as how I was in a dress, this wasn't a very good idea.

"Don't worry, I have steps. Check this out."

He punched a button on his key fob. Lo and behold chrome steps extended from just under the door and dropped, making a nice stairway for me to climb to my seat. I grinned at him. "Cool."

Even though there was a handgrip attached to the side of the truck, Brett made sure to offer his assistance as I ascended the steps then closed the door after.

So I wouldn't be tempted into doing bad things I stayed as far away from the driver's side as I could and strapped the seatbelt tightly across my body. Brett didn't look disappointed when he hopped in on his side.

The drive down to Biloxi was almost in total silence. I could see him start to say something about every five minutes, but he held back. It was the longest thirty minutes in the world, but not in a bad way. His cologne wasn't heavy and it mixed with his natural scent very well. I tried to take my mind off of things by messing with my earrings. When we finally reached the city I was curious as to where we were going to eat.

"Feel like some seafood?" he asked.

"Sounds great."

We pulled into one of the newer restaurants that had been built since Hurricane Katrina wiped out everything within a mile of the beach years previous.

With my hand firmly ensconced with Brett's, he led me up the stairs to the homey restaurant. We got a corner table and sat across from each other. Brett didn't even look at the menu. "Do you like boiled crawfish?"

Looking up from my menu I grinned and nodded. They're messy but taste so good. And hey, I wasn't wearing any sleeves to get dirty.

"How much can you eat?" I asked, almost teasingly.

He shrugged. "Five pounds usually. Unless I'm really hungry."

I gave him a playfully disappointed look. "That's it? I can do five pounds easy." Of course I hadn't done so since the sex change, but I wasn't lying.

The waitress came up and whipped out her pad. "Y'all folks ready to order?"

I nodded. "We'll take ten pounds of boiled crawfish and I want a Coke to start."

"Coke," Brett agreed. "Potatoes and corn too."

I nodded. "That's a given. Can't have one without the other."

Once she was gone, Brett eyed me appraisingly. "Five pounds a piece, huh. Think you can take me?"

"Easy peasy." I tried to look bored but he wasn't buying the act.

"A side bet then," he offered.

I looked over my nails that I was gently blowing on and buffing. "Terms?"

He thought on it for less than a second. "Smooshy tiny ones don't count and can be discarded and all heads must be sucked."

Crawfish heads is where all the spicy juices gathered. If you couldn't take the heat of cayenne pepper then you really want to stay away from them.

"Agreed. And the winner gets one fulfilled request at the end of the evening. No porno stuff."

Brett nodded. "Agreed." His eyes narrowed and then he smiled again. "Did I just make a sucker bet?"

~O~

There's a trick to peeling and eating crawfish. Rip off the head, suck the juice, toss it. It's just juice, no brains or anything. Get over it. While you are sucking, peel back the first ring of its tail shell with your nail -- hey that rhymed! -- then pinch the tail progressively from tip of tail to center while sucking on the meat end. Chew swallow. Those that have longer fingernails have an advantage over those that don't, because the nail-less have to stop and peel away that first layer and can't do it one-handed.

Oh. Damn, it was hot.

Brett conceded defeat after the waitress brought me my fourth pound while he was finishing his second.

"I give. You are the crawfish queen. I bow to your superior sucking powers." I nearly choked on that and he went white. "I mean…"

"I know what you meant." However I gave him a slight look of reprimand.

We polished off the rest of the crawfish and I excused myself to go to the ladies room and wash my hands. There's nothing worse than rubbing your eye with a hand stained with cayenne pepper. I touched up my lipstick and marveled at the face in the mirror. Six weeks ago I would have never imagined I would be out on a date with a guy. Now there I was primping of all things.

When I returned to the table Brett had already taken care of the bill. He stood at my approach. "Even after slaughtering me in a crawfish eating contest you're still gorgeous."

My eyes widened a little and I ducked my head with a smile on my face, before he took my hand and laced his fingers with mine.

TBC...

Photo Credit: Marty McBride

up
201 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Country Life - Part 4

Reading this, I can't help but picture the cast of the Hannah Montanna Movie. I hope that Brett is the gent that Ally needs for him to be if things get dicey because I can't help but believe that karma might just arrange for the new Ally to go thruogh what the old Ally went through to test her and Brett.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Hmmmm...I wonder what her

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Hmmmm...I wonder what her 'one fulfilled request (No porno stuff)' will be at the end of the night. The romantic in me is hoping it's a kiss or at least a request for a second date. I'm guessing Ally has something in mind in arranging the terms though. She's a braver girl than I am though in eating boiled crawfish!!! The limit of my southern seafood experience was a meal in Landry's Seafood House in I think Corpus Christi or Galveston (it was a whirlwind tour of east texas for business) and that was pretty conventional seafood!! The heads...ewwww!!!

Another great chapter Lilith.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Young love

I'm simply delighted at this story! ^_^

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Great Story

Like the easy pace of this. You have a great way with words.

I just love

ALISON

'the softness and serenity of country life.A sweet story.

ALISON

Just what the doctor ordered

A dash of sweetness, a touch of romance, and a generous helping of wit.

Thanks for the update, they're always welcome!

Cheers,


-Christelle

"Fun-loving geek-chick who's addicted to sunlight!"


-Christelle

"Fun-loving geek-chick who's addicted to sunlight!"

Nice update

I like the easy, tranquil pace of the story and the focus on the main character emotions. Nice work!

Perfect Photo

terrynaut's picture

Yay! Another chapter!

I love the photo. I think it sets the perfect tone for this chapter. She's trying to run away from her feelings but she looks behind her, hoping that they'll follow. She's really getting into her new life.

Thanks for the story.

- Terry

Nice!

Nice story y'all!

I liked the bit with the handgun in the purse, pistol packin Mamma!

I can't imagine what she would have done with it if he had tried to take advantage of her?

If she keeps eating like that she'll need to go up a size!

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Hmmm

well the only other place I heard the term "safe as houses" was in the book -The Host- any conection?
I nearly fell over laughing at the sucking statement!

Keep 'em come'n

Please don't stop this wonderful story any time soon.

It's simply delightful.

Now I'm hungry for crayfish.....

Luv,

Connie

This is starting to become a

This is starting to become a very sweet story and the romantic in me is drooling for more :P

Thanks for sharing

Claire :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Ally

Renee_Heart2's picture

Great story hun. THATS IT I hooked!!!! lol I hope that things go well for Ally & she & breat get merried. I have a feeling they will. Even though the real Ally is dead & gone the person in her body is I think making a mends for what he didn't do & what he did do. Things age looking up for both parties & I think thigs will happen on their own. I look forard to part 5 of "The Country Life".
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

unusual premise..

but a great story. a very different kind of fish out of water story. I hope you get a chance to finish this. thanks

Good story

I hope you finish it too.

If not, well, it stands alone pretty well.

Are you considering finishing

Are you considering finishing this? It's a really nice story. I'd love to know how it ends. I hope one day you come back to it.

Hey Lilith,I just wanted to

Hey Lilith,I just wanted to say that this story is really good and it would be nice if you continued it.