Vampyre 1.

Printer-friendly version

Vampyre

*An Evanescence side story.

Chapter 1

I used to be human, I used to be a lot of things before the Sanguira came into my existence. I was a son, a good son…except I was the child of the devil.

***
“Alex!, Alex where the bloody hell are you boy?”
That’s my father and he’s pissed at me. I’m scared as hell because I’m dressed in Annabella’s things. Up in the attic. I hide like I always do but he finds me this time. I’m all shaved and such and washed with my mothers soaps in a basin up here.
He stares at me.
I’m is a honey and creame dress and corset and I’m me…I’m me for once and I know I’m devil touched because it ain’t proper I’m a boy who evil heart was telling him that he need to be a she.
I’ve always managed to evade him up here. The slaves never talk, I treat them better than any of the others ever did. How?, why did he find me, why is he even home?
His slap spins me all the way around and I tasted blood.
And this is when my daddy raped me, when I was twelve years old.
After it he told me.
“You got the devil in you boy, I can’t kill you cause I’d send yer soul ta hell. You cast them dirty spells o your’s on me and made me do unnatural acts. I’ll save us both Alex, and I’ll whip the devil out of ya.”
The Blues were moving in on us and were going to take everything we owned. My Daddy joined the confederate army and he had men move onto our plantation.
They did horrible things to the slaves, them poor black folk.
Daddy never cared ‘Cause he said they “Was only niggers.”
Then again he did horrible things to me nearly every night…for two years, I replace ma dead mother…several times he would have some ‘o the men from the company or some of the big buck slaves take me. I was a young man durin the day but his little whore at night.

Until the famed General Lee rode through and conscripted every able bodied lad in eye or ear shot. I was delivered from one hell into another. My daddy tried to keep me, he tried to keep me in his command.

I volunteered for the front lines.

***
War…

Never, ever, ever go to war unless you cannot avoid it at any cost.
I served there for a years surrounded by the madness of man slaughtering man.
I’ve seen cannons blowing people apart and not just the union soldiers but women, children, slaves.
Not everyone in the south wanted to open their doors or their gates of their lands to the confederate army.
So like all men in a savage brutal war did.
We took what we wanted for the good of the south….we burned, raped and pillaged.
We killed good southern citizens sometimes as well.
I seen Captains order the deaths of whole shanties of slaves rather than let them be free.
I know, I killed helpless people, I stabbed children with my bayonet, I’ve blown the heads apart of old black grannies.

***
I had fled my unit that night and was hiding amongst the latest old homestead to get pretty much destroyed in the fighting. The pressure was too great and the devil was in me too strong. I was drunk on cheap brandy and that wasn’t hard to achieve as a young man of 15 years. I had my pistol with me and planned on taking a bullet by the end of the night to my brain.

Then I found the dress. A lovely thing of cornflowers and lace. I fell to temptation and with tearful and drunken resolve I made myself pretty one more time before I sent myself to hell.

Then he came. He was Michelle, yes a woman’s name but I was ignorant of the French.
He was dressed stylish in this hell hole.
Before I knew it father…oh…father held me by my chin. I saw the wild eyes, that amber color with the red pupil that tinted the amber with red like the brown invades the green in hazel.
I saw the fangs and…
“Oh child, oh sweet Alecia…I see you, I see you and I know your heart and your pain. I can give you the very thing that your soul needs….I can be the devil that frees you.”
He knew the name of the girl in me.
The devils daughter.
“Yyes, yes please.”
I let Michelle take me, I let him make love to me…or what it was close to it as a vampire can make a human feel.
The Sanguira are excellent lovers, Vampires are experts of blood majiks they have no mana to wield majik but being those who feed off of life they are flush with essence.
Yes all those stories of vampire sex is true.
But it only get’s real good after they bite you.
I creates a link they can use, to use their power on you.
My first bite was the first male orgasm and my last.
He fed on me and drained me until the brink the fed me from his own self, becoming my father, my sire…
See this is the secret behind the powers of the master. You are filled with his essence and he drains all…ALL of your majik away and replaces it with his/theirs. This makes us extensions of them and as we feed a little bit feeds them as well. And it feeds worse the essence of the monster. It…what ever started us wasn’t human and after neither are you.

Like I said The Sanguira are masters of essence and blood and those old enough to master those powers can make a body do anything. The shape shifting, and all that other stuff it’s all real.

Michelle killed me and by his power, I rose the next night a real girl.

Becoming a vampire is a lot like what gets described in that movie Interview with a Vampire, not quite but I’ll say this it is different for each of us. And you awaken twice. Once after you rise and then after your first kill.

Today they’d say his powers mutated me and they’d be right. He turned my XY into XX. But then again these are the…sorry we are the creatures that created the AIDS virus.

Why?, there are things we need. Money, shelter, protection from our enemies. If I cure an infected person we control them. The promise of cures or threats of relapse are a great way to control people.

But that’s now not then.

Then I went insane. I was Alecia, the devils daughter and after the life I lived and the things I’d done as Alex or had done to me I had absolutely no use for the human animal. I fed, I gorged on the war, luring men to their fates. Sometimes killing them wholesale.

I was like that for a long time.

***
I was in Little-Forks Michigan having just moved here, just trying to start over again. I had bought a house on the edge of town close to the leyline nexus point and just…hurting, recovering and lonely.

I had gone into DQ to be amongst the young people again. I’m perpetually 15 years old and very pretty as all of us vampires are. It’s a predatory adaptation like a lot of my powers. I ordered a burger very, very rare. Yes we can eat, but we can only metabolize foods with lots of blood. We get nothing really out of it, and we break it down into energy better than humans. A well fed vamp won’t burn off as much essence as a purist will in just doing daily life stuff but you have to soak everything in blood or eat it as rare as possible. You also need blood less often.

But you still need blood. You can live off of animal blood but…we feed off the essence. So you are…what you eat….

I personally feed from blood bags when I can get them now. But it has no essence in it.
So now I feed off the elderly, and the sick…I use my power over their blood to pull on the sicknesses and the cancers they have. I tell them first, I have five donors I’m keeping alive longer, their doctors think they’re in remission….I get violently poisoned by the drugs and stuff sometimes but morally it’s worth it.
I’ve done so much evil for so many years, centuries even. Until I was caught by the Templars…I wanted a clean death, a beheading or a stake to the heart or being burned by the sun. Instead Cedric Tanner a man whose son and young wife and child I killed took me and caught me and locked me away for sixteen months feeding me nothing but doped to the eyeballs addicts and the craziest drunkest homeless people he could find.

Remember, you are what you eat…Addicts and the insane, those of dead and dying spirit.
When fathers men found me I was…
I’m still…
The others think I’m insane.

I left Europe and went into deep northern Russia and the other Slavic lands I eventually settled in Alaska until the wars came there. I’m not getting involved, and I’m tired of being cold.

Still…when that girl came up to me and warned me off in really old Parisian French with and just brimming with more essence than I’ve ever felt on a human…It scared me. More her recognizing me and knowing about Birmingham…

Birmingham had been a massacre…just like New Orleans had been during Katrina…both were feeding frenzies by my kind. I was still young and still hating mankind then…I’ve changed…

But it was vampire strength that broke the levies, it’s our kind that’s why there were so many never found in New Orleans.

I paid for my burger and sit getting lusty looks from the teens there but I try to just ignore those rich scents of powerful young essences and hormones.

I’m so tired of running, I want to just have a chance to live, to find a way to live. I get up and leave heading home but taking to the darker streets. When you cry tears of blood people tend to stare at you.

And the tears do come more than I want them too.

up
118 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Vampyre

A very erotic story.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thrice broken

By the life, by the death, and by the undeath...

It seems that vampires are, well, ought to be irredeemable. I mean, they lose all of their essence, and they get the essence of a sire... Who if you follow the chain up to the First is filled with nothing but non-human essence of their Maker. Well, maybe it does count that there is still a drop of your own essence given back - mixed with the alien one.

If so, I think that there is a certain something to the siring process that need to be undertaken as a preparation - fasting. Basically, if you inject the recipient with alien essence mixed with many essences of others, they go batshit insane. And if you inject the recipient with pure alien essence it doesn't really hold, or something. It also prohibits teaming up of two and more masters when one is fasting to make a pure injection and the others prepare recipient by draining him or her... Or on the contrary, non-cooperation is the barrier to creating the recipient for the alien itself, and it's only coincidence or territoriality that prevents the emergence.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Wow..ow

I think you broke my brain...

Okay I'm not even sure if I'm agreeing or disagreeing with you.

The Beast, the "First." is a predatory supernatural predator, it lives banishes to another realm by supernatural powers.

Vampires are it's way of gathering essence, it digests it to create and be more...just more not unlike the way the gods work with followers.
Each Vampire sends power up the chain as it kills plus when one is turned the essence is more than food with the sire getting a taste of what goes to the beast.
When you are turned the little bit left of their soul or essence is left because the beast would not be able to hold a link to it's minions. The total conversion would make them not a creature of the beast but an extension of the beast itself and the imprisonment powers would banish them away. But when you are turned it's very close to being totally replaced, most of it is the beast the rest is the sire with a tiny bit of the person left over.
A vampire gets stronger as it feeds but each one feeds off the essences of their kills, through the blood and it's kind of like absorbing them into yourself, itself.
It is metabolized but you taste the soul...you keep a bit of that tiny spark to rebuild your own as much as you can in that state...most of it doesn't fit right and it influences what they evolve to.
The beast of course makes many siring types and encourages competition between the clans.
Any clearer?

Bailey Summers

Well, to give a Q&A rundown on it:

I will put mine as questions and give the answers by making a summary and expanding on it by copying from your comment.

Q:Are the vampires created by completely removing their essence and replacing it with the Maker's essence?
A:No. The total conversion would make them not a creature of the beast but an extension of the beast itself...

Q:Is there anything left of the original soul after siring?
A:Yes. When you are turned the little bit left of their soul or essence is left because the beast would not be able to hold a link to it's minions.

Q:Is there a certain requirement like fasting to the siring process?
A:Possibly. The beast of course makes many siring types...

Q:What happens if you don't follow the guidelines of a particular type of siring - like not fasting if the guidelines say you ought to?
A:No answer.

The previous section was the answers to the questions asked. Now, additional information, in the same format - answers to questions not asked. Not directly, at least.

Q:What is the Maker?
A:The Beast, the "First." is a predatory supernatural predator, it lives banishes to another realm by supernatural powers.

Q:What is the First's relation to the vampires?
A:Vampires are it's way of gathering essence, it digests it to create and be more...just more not unlike the way the gods work with followers.

Q:What happens if the person being sired is completely drained of own essence?
A:Total conversion would make them not a creature of the beast but an extension of the beast itself and the imprisonment powers would banish them away.

Q:What is the natural behavior pattern among vampires?
A:The beast...encourages competition between the clans.

I guess that's mostly it. And it did make things clearer. For example, the banishment was not a onetime deal but a continuing process. However, it remains to be seen what powers it still. Of course, one may claim it that the banishment was to a realm with a lot less something which makes parts of beast akin to fingers hanging it's entire weight on the edge of a cliff. Sure, if there were many of them he could climb up, but while there are few he's slipping back down... :)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Totally!

That fleshed out the concept incredibly. I love that you explained this so succinctly. It was way fun.

Bailey Summers

Not a contest entry?

I think this would be a good story for the Halloween contest.I have to admit, I have not read the rules, as I'm simply too slow to write one unless I have a good dream, and well, the muse seems to be elsewhere.
This surprised and pleased me. I've said elsewhere that I'm not into Vampire stories, but this is the second one that I have really enjoyed. Alecia is a very good character. Will she be appearing in the regular Evanescence stories?
Who would think that I would ever shed a tear for a vampire? I must be losing it.

Wren

I'm not sure if it'd qualify either.

I just had it jump out of me in the middle of the night. I kind of like the idea of her and how she's taken to existing. She might drift in and out of the series. I'm actually thinking that once there's enough stories to flesh out how things work I might open it up into a universe for my own stories and other writers but I want to establish a few hard definites in the idea stream first like canon.

Bailey Summers

An interesting take on the

An interesting take on the vampire tale. Some of the old ideas mixed up with some new twists...

- vessica b

They're not my thing either.

But things turned out far better with it than I thought they did. I wanted to try to write a different story and this just started to flow out at the time I wrote it.

Bailey Summers