A Summer of Changes - Book 5 Chapter 4

Printer-friendly version

Denise

Denise has an interview with her therapist
which gives rise to a second trip
to see her mother

A Summer of Changes
by Louise Anne Smithson

Book 5 Chapter 4

Two important discussions

‘Well Denise, I get the impression that we have made some good progress today,’ said Dr Collett, at the end of their interview on Wednesday morning. ‘You seem to me to be more open and willing to discuss your feelings than you have been before. Why do you think that should be so?’

Denise had certainly felt herself to be more relaxed and less on edge on this occasion than she’d done at previous meetings.

‘I suppose it is because I am now resigned to the fact that this process may take a long time, but it maybe because I decided to finish a relationship that I had been having with a guy on Sunday,’ she answered.

‘Was it a sexual relationship?’ he asked.

‘Yes it was, but I came to the conclusion that it was not a good idea, for the time being at least. We have agreed to remain as friends only.’

‘I think it is probably a wise decision at least whilst you are undergoing transition, as you will need to concentrate on other issues. Sex and gender are two entirely different things and should not be confused with one another. Gender is in the mind, sex is between the legs. At this stage we are here to try and address your gender identity disorder, the roots of which are in your mind. Any alteration to your body must come later.’

‘I know’, answered Denise, sighing a little. ‘I am sorry if I have appeared impatient to move forward, it is as if my life is now on ‘hold’, but I will try and take things more calmly in the future.

‘It is not unusual for patients, such as yourself, to be anxious to proceed with hormones and surgery, but you have to be ready and I have to be sure that it is in your best interests. I am, however, conscious that you have been living successfully as a woman for some time already and if we continue to make such good progress next week, we can soon begin to talk about moving on to the next stage in the process and consulting an endocrinologist to examine your body. Yet there is one thing that is still worrying me a little, which you might be willing to address.’

‘What is that?’ asked Denise.

‘I accept that you are an adult and do not need the permission of your parents, but you are also still relatively young to be embarking on such an irrevocable course of action. You seem to be clear in your own mind, but I would be happier knowing that you had also discussed your plans with your mother at least.’

‘I have spent a weekend with my mother as Denise and we had a long talk. She was a little unhappy at first, but in the end, she was supportive.’

‘Did you discuss with her your intention of taking female hormones and ultimately having sex reassignment surgery?’

‘No, not exactly, I was waiting to know when it would start and how long it would take first. I have however discussed it with my sister and she understands how important it is to me.’

‘I think it would be useful to you to know that you have the support of all your family before you go any further down this road.’

‘In that case I will go and see her this weekend.’

‘Good!’ he said smiling. ‘We can meet again at the same time next week and you can let me know how you got on.’


That evening Denise telephoned her sister in Norwich.

‘Hi Jules, can I come and stay with you on Friday night?’

‘You can if you wish, I have an inflatable mattress and a sleeping bag which you are welcome to use, but I warn you that I have begun to pack some of my belongings in boxes ready for the move to London. Wouldn’t you be more comfortable staying with mum?’

‘No. I need some advice from you before I go to see mum on Saturday.’

‘What sort of advice can I give to my little sister?’ she asked.

‘I want to know how I can begin to explain to mum that I am not satisfied with the body that she gave me?’ said Denise.

Julia drew breath.

‘I suppose it does sound a little awkward, not to say ungrateful on your part, when you put it like that, but all you can do is to be honest and straightforward with her about your plans. Does your therapist support you?’

‘Yes, he has suggested that I should now discuss them with mum. How do you think she will react?’ asked Denise.

‘I am not sure. Whenever she speaks about you these days she never refers to you as Denis or as he. She is not a fool and I think that perhaps she already suspects the outcome.’

‘It would be helpful if it does not come as too much of a shock. So how should I play it?’

‘I suggest you telephone her and now and say that you would like to come to lunch on Saturday, because you have something important to discuss with her. That way she will at least have the opportunity to prepare herself.’

‘Will you be there to support me?’

‘Yes, if you want me to be. Ever since I came to stay with you for my interview, I have felt that you would probably be better off as a woman. If you are really sure that this is the right course of action for you to take then I will support you, and ultimately I think mum will do so as well.’

‘Thank you Julia. Elder sisters do have their uses at times.’

‘I am sure you would do as much for me. But what about Prince Charming?’ asked Julia.

‘John and I have agreed to cool it and in future only be friends. But don’t worry he has promised to help with your move. At the end of the month’

‘Good, it would be a shame to let a good man go to waste.’


Denise arrived as promised at her sister’s flat on Friday night, and they spent several hours talking together before going to bed. The next morning she dressed carefully, wishing to look pretty and yet demure for the coming interview with her mother. As she did so she received a text message from Samantha.

Told Dad last nite — tears b4 bedtime! — but as Ma Julian says ‘all will be well’. Gr8 w8 off my shoulders, luv Sam xx

She texted back

Well done! Now keep yr fingers +ed 4 me, luv D.

The two sisters arrived at their mother’s house at 1.00pm to find that Ellen had prepared them a cold meal

‘Well I must say it is nice to have the two of you to lunch again,’ she said. ‘It will not be the same when you are both working in London. So how is the job going Denise?’

‘Fine thanks mum, the firm is doing really well. Helen wants me to take on some new responsibilities once I have finished the modelling in the autumn.’

‘New responsibilities … as Denise?’

Denise nodded.

‘Yes — long-term responsibilities.’

‘I see.’

‘I have also started to consult a therapist specialising in gender identity issues. He has advised me to discuss with you the course of action I am intending to take.’

Ellen did not look surprised.

‘In that case you had better tell me exactly what you have in mind.’

‘As far as I am concerned Denis is now dead and the rest of my life will be spent as Denise. I am far happier living as a woman than ever I was as a man, and believe I can continue to do so successfully. I therefore intend to begin taking female hormones as soon as I am able, which will irreversibly change the shape of my body. I will also formally change my name and begin to create a new official identity for myself as a woman. In time, when I can afford to pay for it, I intend to have corrective plastic surgery, to enhance my breasts if necessary, to remove my penis and create a vagina.’

Ellen flinched momentarily as she said the final sentence, but otherwise stayed quite calm.

‘How long will it all take?’ she asked.

‘About two years to judge the effects of the hormones and to get a Gender Recognition Certificate, where I will be recognised as a woman, for all official purposes. After that it will rather depend upon the state of my finances to finish the job. I will have to save as much as possible’

‘You are certain that it is the right thing for you to do.’

‘Mum, I have never been so certain of anything in my life. It is something that I need to do.’

‘So what do you want from me?’ asked Ellen.

‘I don’t have to have your permission, but I would be grateful to continue to receive both your support and your love, and for you to be proud of your younger daughter,’ she replied, as a tear began to slowly make its way down her cheek.

Ellen turned to Denise with a look of great tenderness.

‘Of course I will always love and support you, and be proud of you as well. You are, after all, my … daughter,’ said Ellen, with only the slightest hesitation between the last two words, as if she was just getting used to saying them.

‘So you won’t mind what your neighbours or our relations think of me.’

‘No, not at all! In fact, it will be quite something to be able to boast about “my daughter the transsexual” to my friends, I am not aware that anyone else that I know has one.’

Denise laughed at the idea, and then got up from the table to hug her mother. Julia, who had been looking on silently, joined in as well.

‘The main thing is that we are a family and love one another,’ said Ellen.

‘Nobody could ask for a better mum, responded Denise.

‘I agree,’ said Julia.

‘There is one way that I can help you Denise,’ said Ellen after they had sat down again..

‘What is that?’

‘As part of the divorce settlement, your father invested  £5,000 for each of you, to help pay for your higher education, before he left the country. Julia has spent her money whilst she was at university, but your money is still available, and has almost doubled in value since it was invested. As it now looks as if you are not going to choose to go on to university, I don’t see why it should not be used to fund any surgery you may require.’

‘Mum, that will be marvellous, it will mean that I will be able to live a more normal life over the next two years and not have to scrimp and save every penny I earn.’

‘It is still gathering interest and will be available when you need it. When will it all start?’

‘I already have enough money saved to pay for my hormones. I hope I will receive my letter of recommendation soon.’


They continued talking for some time before moving on to discuss the details of Denise’s life in London and Julia’s new job and flat. After lunch Ellen made a surprising suggestion.

‘Why don’t you girls come up to my bedroom. There are some evening dresses and shoes that I used to wear as a young woman, but which would still look today. I can no longer get into them, but you two may be able no wear them.’

She was right, the dresses and shoes fitted the two girls quite well, so they each chose one outfit to try on.

‘I will get my digital camera, as I would like to have a nice photograph of my two daughters to put on the sideboard.’

‘In that case I had better refresh my makeup and do my hair,’ said Denise.

‘You can tell which one of us has been working as a model,’ commented Julia.

Ellen loaned them some of her remaining jewellery and Denise explained to her sister how to use makeup to look her best in front of the camera. As soon as they were ready Ellen proceeded to take some photographs of them both individually and together, and finished with a timed shot of herself and her two daughters.

‘You both look so nice in those dresses that you are welcome to keep them if you wish,’ said Ellen.

‘Thanks mum I could do with a long dress,’ said Denise.


Hanging in the back of their mother’s wardrobe they also came across her beautiful silk wedding dress, and another which she had once worn as a bridesmaid.

‘Mum you once promised to let me try on your wedding dress, may I do it now?” said Julia, “Denise can be my bridesmaid.’

‘Alright then, as long as you let me take a photograph of you both together.’

The two dresses fitted well and Ellen provided suitable shoes and accessories. She also picked some flowers from her garden to provide two poesies. For the next hour or so they had a lot of fun posing for the camera. When they had finished Julia turned to Denise and asked whether she would like to take a turn as the bride.

‘Yes please, as long as mum does not mind.’

Julia and her mother helped her to put on the long dress and the veil. It felt wonderful to be dressed as a bride and, as she admired herself in the mirror, she wondered what it would be like to be a real bride one day.

‘I think that wedding dress suits you better than it did me,’ said Julia, ‘I'm quite envious of you.’

‘Please don’t be, you will get to choose and wear your own wedding dress one day, whereas I'll only ever be an onlooker,’ said Denise, a little sadly.

Julia affectionately squeezed her sister’s hand in an attempt to cheer her up.

‘If and when I do get married I'll want to have you as my chief bridesmaid,’ she said.

‘I shall be happy to do so,’ responded Denise smiling.


It was early evening when Denise and her sister reverted to their original clothes. Julia decided to return to her own flat and continue with her packing but Denise stayed the night with her mother. They downloaded the pictures on to Ellen’s computer and made copies of the files on to disks. Denise then showed her mother how to select the three best of them and to edit them using Photoshop. Eventually they printed three copies of each on to photographic paper.

‘Both my daughters look beautiful in these pictures, but Denise you are the same age as I was when I got married, and with that long fair hair you remind me of how I looked at the time.’

‘In that case you must have looked beautiful on your wedding day,’ said Denise, laughing.


Before going to bed she sent a text to Samantha.

Julian was right! All now well, details later. D.

Her friend replied.

‘Good! Parents can be such a worry!


The next morning Ellen insisted on writing a letter to Dr Collett, although Denise told her it was not necessary. In it she assured him that after much consideration and discussion, Denise had her mother’s and her sister’s full support in her intention of living the rest of her life as a woman, and that she hoped he could help her to achieve her aim. She handed it to her daughter to pass on to the therapist.

Denise took the train back to London on Sunday afternoon feeling that one more item had been ticked off her checklist, and she was one step closer to her ultimate aim.

(Next time Denise has her first appointment with an endocrinologist.)

up
193 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Is Denise Correct?

She seems to be saying that as a TS in Britain she'd be unable to legally marry anyone.

Eric

I have the impression that

I have the impression that she said she won't be able to get married for another reason. I think that one of the reasons is that she doesn't believe she is worth to be loved by a man and that he would be better off with someone that will be able to give him a family. Another reason might be that she is probably not sure of her own sexuality.

Is Denise Correct?

The story is set in the summer of 2004, shortly before the passing of the Gender Recognition Act 2004, which came into effect on 4 April 2005 and changed the situation regarding marriage. So yes, she is correct at the time she was speaking, but the situation would soon afterwards change.
Louise

Marriage and GRC

Hi

If a transgendered person doesn't have a GRC, then the position is the same as it was before the Gender Recognition Act came out. You are legally the gender of birth. Therefore Denise would be, in the eyes of the law, male and therefore could only marry a woman. If Denise gets a GRC, then in the eyes of the law she is female, and therefore could only marry a man. In the UK you can have a Civil Partnership with someone of the same legal sex (for Denise: male pre GRC, and female post GRC).

I hope that helps some people

Karen

Thank you Louise Anne,

ALISON

'for what continues to be a beautiful story of the shy boy who found herself.

ALISON

I love this story!

The wierd thing is, although the story is very good, it's the way that you tell it that makes it so fascinating. I read this, and I always feel as though I was in England. So good!

Wren

Love your story as well..

I loved your story as well. I look forward to the continuing installments. I think you have made the characters really authentic and human.

Question.. how do you write your stories.. do you plot things out start to finish or write as you go along. There is a lot of planning that the characters need to do so you must be very familiar with the TS journey.

Thanks. Huggs, Jan

How do you write your stories?

Jan,
As I am unable to send you a personal message I will seek to answer your question in a Blog post.
Louise

I Am Confused

that a psychiatrist or therapist would delay the visit
to an endocrinologist. You would think that after
the first visit that would be a priority. I would
believe that understanding what is happening in her
body is as important as what Denise feels about her
gender. There may be biological reasons for how she
feels about herself. Her appearance alone would
indicate that perhaps male hormones are not present
as they should be in a male, and if they are, is her
body receptive to them. Also, there is the possibility
that she is inter-sexed or that her penis is an
obstruction hiding a women. I don't mean to
criticize, perhaps, what was done was to heighten
emotional interest in the story. Or what was done
is the normal way things are done for reasons
not known to me. I enjoy this story and check the
"Good Story" when I read the chapters.

to kaptan

This little post will likely never reach you as I'm posting it nearly 4 months after you, but perhaps it might help someone else asking simular @ some point.
--------------------------------------------------
1st the storyline - indeed Denise should have made mention to the shrink she took the pills (I think she did even), but as far as the fainting spells she's told friends about, it appears she forgot once again to tell that DR(shrink), whom prob would have referred to a med. DR I'm sure. Why she hasnt gone on own to her own GP is a good question initself, because if she knew that DR well enough, she might have been able to get legal HRT started w/o the shrinks OK. This is legal in USA, not so sure what suprizes the UK has. (smiles)
--------------------------------------------------
Now to try & answer the rest of you question in short form w/o writing a book.
--------------------------------------------------
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM version 4(2004) ... Version V (5) is expected out in MAY 2013 and may be the most talked about anticipated book to be written in eons sice there seems to be substancial changes that will likely be quite contriversial including parts pertaining transsexual care.
--------------------------------------------------
Harry Benjamin Standards of Care - was 1st introduced into the DSM-IV in 1979
--------------------------------------------------
OK in simple terms the DSM-IV is the Bible for Psychiatric care or as near to it as it gets.
The Harry Benj.Std.of Care (HBSOC) is what is considered step by step care for a Transsexual to follow from seeking shrink to bottom surgury.
---------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Now, Let's say I decide I want to transition fully from male to female (female to male is essentually same cept medical procedures) and yes it's in both DSM_IV & HBSOC) so, I go see my local Shrink & discover two types.

#1 - Psychologist - Clinical professionals whom have least a Master's degree in Psycology. This person can be your primary counsolor. What this person can not do is dispense drugs or write prescriptions. unless he or she has a Doctriate. - I usually think of this person in clinics that mutiple people, or often free clinics, they are still training often or teaching at some level b4 going on to get his/her doctorate.
--
#2 - Psychiatrists - This person is least Doctorate level & can can dispense medications or write prescriptions on own authority.
--
HBSOC - says before one can get any hormone therapy medication, you must have one of the two see you for a certain min. of time B4 allowing hormone therapy (HRT). it's also a sticky point because individuals & different country standards seem to fall apart in just what constitutes HOW LONG and whether the patient MUST present in oppisite birth certificate gender.
-- In the USA most will sign off after 3-4 visits, others require longer periods, some require Gender Presentation of a certain length of time, others will let patients start HRT B4 going full time.
-- This is certainly part of the controversy of the the new DSM_5 in 2013
----------------------------------------------------------------
With the Psychologist is often cheaper & easier on the pocket book, Often this person will do the general counsiling & then sign off and do one of two things, keep you one as patient & depending on where you live, make contact with you regular general practice DR (GP) or perhaps refer you one session of the head the the counsiling service, a psychiatrist
, Keep in mind The Psychiatrist is the ONLY one whom can write your prescription not the Pyschologist (unless that person might be a medical DR and switched professions. That was case of mine.
--
HBSOC requires at least two different people qualify you for any major surgury and all DR's that perform the bottom surgury will require that signed piece of paper b4 any surgury is done & one of those signing must be a certified psychiatrist.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------
simple terms - B4 one can get that boob or bottom surgury you're going to need two shrinks to sign off on your paperwork and one MUST be a psychiatrist ... might be able to slide off on just one for the boob job, but dont count on it. As you can see there's alot of red tape floating about and WHOM you see is quite important in helping you get thru the bureaucracy of red tape you're going to find no matter.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
now by this time I've prob. confused the hell out of most. and I'm not sure this isnt a conspircy to do just that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
so, let's look at how I went this this mess.
-
-
I live in the pacific NW just south of Portland Oregon. At the time I went thru my transition, one of the BEST bottom surgons was practicing there. He's now practicing down in the Phoenix Arizona now days. (Dr. Meltzer) Some of my online friends were going to him & often came down to where I lived while there for surgury. I learned alot & because of them & the good DR. I found out several Shrinks that met my requirements & I DO MEAN MET MY requirements. do not settle for one that you dont find comfortable being around and for GAWD SAKES, if religion comes up & you're not in to such, SAY NO THANKS , I'll try someone else. the 1st two in my town were of religious persuation & after finding out why I was asking to see them on initial consultation, tried to PRAY THE DEMON OUT OF ME --- GEEZ ... this was the 21st century not the 13th I thought hahahahaha
-----------------------------------------------------
Any rate I contacted DR. Meltzer's office & got 8 that were transgender friendly. I finally found one that suited what I thought my needs were and most important I found comfortable around. So, off to councilling I went once a week, I still wasnt full time & this point. I also asked if it bothered her if I went and started setting up seeing a GP and ENDO as I knew my current GP was gong to put up a messy brew-ha-ha being a qite religious gent. She said no, asked what type of insurance I had and I mentioned a certain health plan, and she told me to goto administration & see if I could hook up with one of the DR's she had good working relations b4.
-------------------------------------
I had a list of 4 males & 4 females, and noticed on the the female DR's was also a gynocologist as well as a GP. I was thinking to my self, now this is a person that I'd be well off with if I could get on her patient list, specially post op. I made an initial contact, made an appointment and went the next day as she had a free 1/2 hour due to a cancelation.
I show up on time. and 1st thing after looking at me in my male drab, was are you comfortable dealing with a female DR. I stated I hadnt ever had a female DR, but had no concerns over anything she might need to do, and mentioned that the three last male DR's I had not really gotten along with one being quite proud of himself as being a Dr.McQuick. he had a history of never spending more than 5 min. per patient. HOW IN THE HELL DOES ANY DR BE PROUD OF THAT ??? anyrate DR. Kirby wasnt like that, then she told me her specialty was GYNO, and I told her under the circumstances that was likely to be a good thing. She looked at me really strange then, and I decided I'd better start coming clean. I told her that I'd been referred to her by DR. Meltzer's office, and tho I was a member of Keizer I really wanted a GP that least wouldnt go crazy cause I was a transsexual. She then told me she'd only dealt with two as post -ops, never pre-ops, but wouuld try her best & I told her, that's all I could ask out of anyone. She then asked whom my current was to transfer my records to her. I told her his name & she winced. Said poor me. & I said YES, now you know why I wanted about anyone else. Next I asked about Endo's and she told me Kaiser used specialists & only could access via GP recomendation, and she told me she knew one perfect for me I'd be comfortable with & that DR was also a woman. I was told she'd set up a complete physical and both of them I'd be dealing with along with a couple others & it'd be near two weeks. We then talked my plans on transition & I mentioned after physicals were done & OK'd (HEY, I'm in my late 40's then) I wanted to do a couple of minor cosmetic surguries 1st (ears,nose,and deal with a couple of skin issues all at same time & had already had them in the schedule. She said great.
--------------------
--------------------
so NOW to try and answer your questions. least in my area of USA
--------------------
get a GP - general pracitioner - you trust ... very important.
get an endo your GP can & will work with that hopefully deals or has dealt with transsexuals in past & make sure that ENDO generally didnt have issues
make sure your shrink knows whom you're dealing with on the medical side.
--
remember all this scheduling & appointments take time...keep a special calandar to keep track ....much easier... if you use electronic calendar, make a large printed out one you can scribble on & put that thing where you're likely to see it daily ...MAKE SURE TO KEEP IT UP TO DATE

usually by time your shrink is ready to allow you to go on HRT, you've managed to jump thru all the medical physicals, mutiple blood drawings. dealt with any other medical issues.
-------
HAIR
-------
not only head hair, We're talking facial, body ,genital, Removal of it in some form is required, unless you're french, or someplace, local hairy women are accepted, Me I cant understand WHY anyone would wanna be hairy.
This is likely the most expensive thing you do in transition, even more than SRS itself. Hmm wardrobe change might compete, but least shopping for that wardrobe is gonna be fun. Hair removal is expensive, boring, EXPENSIVE, no matter how you go about doing it and it's going to take TIME, lots of time, allocated into HOURS PER xxxxxx. I had a very light beard, I still took over 200 hours of electrolysis to get it removed. that is over TWO HUNDRED HOURS sitting being bored and often in pain. I did one hour sessions 3 times a week - that translates out to 67 weeks, 3 times a week for sessions. I think it ended up being 72 weeks in total. That was just my facial hair and remember I had a generally light beard in 1st place. at $45.00/hour x 200 = COST $9,000 USD - that just my face. Dr. Meltzer @ time required perm,removal of all hair in certain genital area. I had to find a different electrolysis place for this 77 hours to do @ $90.00USD to do this part and pain,well, lets say make sure they either got numbing agent, or you be into masochism and I had supossedly a very good technician.
--
side note I later had my arms,chest of 10 hairs,legs,armpits done via laser but at time I did the electrolysis, perm removal via laser wasnt thought to be a sure thing and of 2011, there's still some controversy. What I had done, even now 5 yrs later I get one or two straglers occationally, I got this doll I mark where I find them & then pluck em out, I figure in near future I might go in & see what they might charge for a one over & use my doll as reference point. oh I get my brows waxed once every 7 weeks when I goto salon for my hair coloring. cept for that hair I've none anywhere else & I'm a very happy camper. but removal was costly, extremly time consuming. ONE THING I SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND to find out is no matter where you go for SRS. Get hold of someone at the place where it's going to be performed & double check on what hair removal requirements are for SRS, and plan accordingly in your hair removal plans. Some just want it shaved & I dont see how in the heck because genital inversion means some of that hairy skin in gonna be lining inside the neo-vagina & long term all I can think of is CAN YOU SAY INFECTION ???
-----------------------
-----------------------
now that is a very basic course of transition & some of the costs related. there's voice alteration, whether lessons, or however, I was generally lucky there as I'd either sang alto or tenor & had reasonably high voice to start with. I also had 4 spots that often give a TS away and not much was to fix w/o surguries. NO Adam's apple .. my rib count is same as female, not male .. my pointing finger is longer than my ring finger .. and I have small feet in comparative to my size. SZ 10 USA Woman's - while that is still large for most women, consider I'm 6 ft. 2 in. barefoot weighing 160-165 lbs --- so those out there bragging bout those SZ 5,6,7 shoes, i'm nearly a foot taller than you (sticks out tongue)
-------------------------------
No transition is exactly the same as another. just the same as rarely does one human look the same as another, TS come in all types of flavors and how or what we do to make our physical picture often depends on our pocketbook as well as our perceptions.
-------------------------------
transition is VERY VERY costly unless you're one of the fortunate few that have a health plan to cover most of it. and even best of plans wont cover all the costs. ---------- NOW LISTEN CLOSE ------ IF you're stupid enuff to jump thru all the hoops I've just described & willing to allocate all the time,effort into transition... THEN DAMMIT !!!!!!! make sure in NO uncertain terms you've got the financial resources LOCKED UP to cover every major part of that transition before you even start. I know too many that didnt consider loosing that HI-PAYING job in especially these hard economic times. a TEN dollar an hour job isnt going to cut it in trying to pay for it all, hell ten dollar an hour almost anyplace now days is just at or below poverty level. Better to stay in that BIRTH CERTIFICATE SKIN & LIVE A FEW DAYS LONGER than doing somthing stupid. AND I consider sex for pay STUPID, dumber, and dangerious.
-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
now KAPT. if you survived all this writing, I'll try and answer specifically your questions
-------------------------------
the only visits to shrink delays in seeing an ENDO, and the fact that the ENDO is often a specialist and requires not only permission via the shrink but also your GP that you're medically fit to undergo such.(USA) --- so KILL TWO BIRDS at same time ... get medical ball rolling for appointments, who you need to see at same time frame you're seeing the Shrink. even if you get cause stalling around medically, least you'll know you're healthy enuff to even do this stuff
--------------------------------
I was in my mid/late 40s when I transitioned. Both of my Shrinks, my ENDO, and my GP were all younger than me, and if I had to guess none had higher tested IQ's than me tho they all had higher degrees than me ... I have a BA & BS not masters or doctorial cause I was too damm lazy
hahahahah
One surely would believe as a 40+ yr old I'd leaqst know what the hell I wanted to do with my body by that age :(
-------------
the real reason the red tape and the SHRINKS are so tightly in place is often people whom transition are carrying around alot of excess emotional baggage. All that hurt we silently kept to our selves when we were bullied, badgered, beaten, wondering why were the objects of so much hatred & myriads of other things. the SHRINKS MAIN TWO JOBs TO HELP AND I DO MEAN H E L P ....and #1 - help you dump some of the excess cargo you're carrying around that does you no good. #2. help avoid some of the landmines of transition and be a helpful guide to resources. ... hmm one last one - #3 - and maybe, hopefully weed out fantacy from reality
--
--
nothing more tragic, than a crossdresser those fantacy crosses over & by time he/she wakes up from the consequences, there's no turning back. HORMONEs CAN KILL, MAIM, and DO MORE HARM than just about anything I can think of. Almost of the common ones will kill your libido. I'm thinking MtF TS here in most of my ramblings. but I know perhaps nearly 500 people that actually have completed transition thru SRS. that's a pretty good sampling... if you're a male crossdresser doing it for fun, last thing you and your partner want is you loosing ability for mr. willy and if you're willing to go on internet to get black market hormones or go get herbals cause you'd look cute with a pr of real tits. you deserve what will happen. ----- by the time your tits make even an A cup, I'm betting you cant even get a hard-on. and if you took those herbals or drugs over SIX MONTHS, I'll raise my ODDS to 90% chance you'll never have a hard-on for the rest of your life unless you go have essentually a surgury that female-to-males use on occation in their quest to have male anatomy.

WAS THAT A CUP worth it ... better get used to dildos or such
-------------------------------
is Denise (IS) intersexed - at this point only the Author knows, I suspect Denise in indeed, and regular physicals likely would have picked up such. that WHY PARENTS - it's important to PAY ATTN to your child during puberity years. least if you're requesting yearly physicals & telling your GP to pay attn to genitals & such, you've got a good chance to catch problems B4 they become problems & makes a good way to talk to your child about how they feel about them selves too. TALKING TO YOUR CHILD AND LISTENING TO THEM is GOOD
------------
OK I've written a minor novelette in a place not likely to be seen by many. but if I've written even just one word that makes one person go HMM and or helps that one help him/herself or one other. I'll have considered all this worth it.

PS I've not proof-read it for typos. blame my fingernails (Teeheehee)

A Summer of Changes - Book 5 Chapter 4

Just who does Denise think about marrying?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I Continue to Enjoy this Story

littlerocksilver's picture

Glad to see that the therapist straighted her out about sex and gender. Someone needs to inform her, though, that it was not her mother who gave her the wrong body. That was her father's doing. Her mother can only supply the X chromosome. So, the blame goes to her father.

Portia

Portia

It's great to see Denise becoming the girl she was meant to be.

For a few chapters she was not a very nice person.

However I believe you have rescued her, and so far she seems to be back on track to the original character you meant her to be?

I am really enjoying the story now and look forward to reading lots more.

Thank you Louise.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Another hurdle overcome!!!

Pamreed's picture

Denise is now starting her journey!!! I well remember that time, it was so exciteing!!
And having the money from her father lifted a large weight of her shoulders!! Now she can enjoy her life and when the time comes have her surgery!!!

Hugs,
Pamela

Mothers just love their daughters

Now that's a new one "I have a daughter who is a transsexual". I could see how no one else in the neighbourhood could say that.
A really emotional chapter, 3 thumbs up Louise.

Cefin