Rising Dawn Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version


Rising Dawn

Chapter 2 - Soul Syncho, A new Superhero is born

 
We arrived at the local mall's carpark, I am nervous as hell as this is the first time that I am outside the house in my Dawn persona.

Sister gets out of the car to go and get the parking ticket, while i stay in the car. I dont feel brave enough to get out of the car without my sister with me.

So what kind of superhero would I be, well I am thinking that i would be one who could have many powers, but only a few at a time. So like each power or set of powers is something different to the next set, kinda like crystals or souls. That is it my superhero would use a particular soul at a time - giving powers in realtion to that soul.

"Dawn, time to go."

I suddenly notice my sister is back in the car putting the car parking ticket in.

"Oh, sorry sis, I was just thinking about what my superhero's powers are."

"Oh."

"Bascially she uses a Power or Set of Powers at a time, which would be bound under a Soul."

"Oh cool, so you thought of any yet."

"Yeah two."

We get out of the car and head over to the mall.

"Well I have 2 in mind, One is Metal Soul, Which is where I take on characteristics of Metal. The other is Beast Soul, Where I take on the aspects of animals."

"Ah, so your superhero could have more then."

"Yeah, even could combine souls together later on for more powerful effects."

"So Combining Beast Soul with Metal so you could have Metal Beast Soul or Beast Metal Soul."

"Yeah."

"Cool. You fought of a costume yet."

"Well it is going to be Leotard and Tights effect. With the leotard changing colour so match the Soul the hero is in at the time."

"Ah, so what colour we going for a." Hyphens "base colour for the costume."

"White, with silver edging, Ideally I would have stone like pattern on the front of the costume between where I would have breasts." Shying up at point "With silver lines spreading out like veins."

"Cool, if you had this idea eariler we could of sorted this out."

"I am only 12, I do not plan that far ahead sis."

"True."

We continue into the mall and head over to a sporting goods shop.

"Ah, I think we can find the leotard in here sis."

"Yeah."

We head to the Junior section and to my amazment there is a Leotard which is the one which I would settle for.

"Sis, thats the one there."

"Oh yeah, excatly as you described it."

"Yeah."

"Thats freaky."

We grab the leotard and head up to the service counter where there is a middle age women serving.

"Ah, learning to dance."

"No, maam its for a halloween costume."

"Oh, that would of been my second guess."

We get the stuff and then leave.

"Well sis, what shoes."

"Boots."

"Oh."

"I am not being a superhero in heels."

"Ah."

We head over to shoe shop in the mall. We are greated by a Salesclerk

"Ah, what can I do for you 2 young ladies."

I go embrassed

"Well im here with my little sister getting all of the things needed for a costume for the halloween party she is going to."

"Ah, so what kind of shoe are you looking for young girl."

I have recovered at this point.

"Ah, Boots with no heels."

"Sensible girl, I think it would be a bit too early for you to start wearing heels. Do you have a color in mind."

"Yeah, White if it all possible."

"Hmm I think we might have some in your size. Do you know what size you wear."

"Yeah."

I tell her

"Ah, would I make a suggestion, if you are wearing these boots, what have you got on your feet."

"Tights."

"Ah, might I suggest that you have some socks as well, tights would not give you enough heat value to keep your feet warm."

"Oh that would be a good idea, I have some white socks if possible with silver edging on the sock."

"We actually have some."

Now I am offically in shock

"Cool."

"I just go and get them."

"Sis, you going to be fine here I go and grab the white tights you need for you."

"Yeah, I be fine here."

Sister disapears off. Couple of minutes later she returns with the tights and the salesclerk returns with the shoes.

"Oh, it took me longer than expected to get the boots and the socks from the storeroom. I see you where able to get the tights which your sister wanted."

"Yes I did."

"Well she we get these items payed for."

"Yeah we shall."

We head up to the counter, and my sister being a planning sort of person had a Backpack with her which was my size and put the Boots and Socks in the bag along with the Tights and Leotard from earlier. We then head out of the shop towards a little jewellary store, an oldy type one not one of these new ones which try and put as much stuff out to sell as possible at the same time.

"Well Dawn, this is where we get the final bit for the costume."

"Oh."

"I think a necklace would be perfect, it would perfect as the place where the hero could call upon the costume and her powers, it should be a necklase with amulet with multiple set stones."

"Yeah that would be cool."

We enter the shop and its soooo coool, it has nice pieces of jewellery and even with my limited knowledge there are some pieces here from all over the world. Then a old gentleman appears.

"Ah, what would 2 young ladies want in my fine establishment."

"I know this would sound weird but we are looking for a piece of jewelary for my sister Dawn here for her costume and to have later on."

"Ah, I have several here which maybe suitable. So I get the display cases out, they will cost $50 Dollars to buy, I have been trying to sell them for quite some time. I am also afraid I only take cash."

"Understandable, cash has less questions but also clears quicker."

"So sis I have to go into the bank across from here to get the money out, damm me not having a ATM card. So stay here and look at the Jewelary the man brings out while I get the money."

So Sis heads out of the shop to the bank over the street, while this happens the old man brings out several necklases which seem interesting.

"So young lady, whats your name."

"My name is Dawn."

"Dawn is such a beautiful name, so here are the necklases I am offering for $50 dollars."

I begin to look at them, then I see one which is perfect, its a Gold Plated - well I assume its gold plated sun burst - an 8 pointed star with and in the center which has various gems in it a circular pattern.

"I think that one on the left seems to be the one."

"Ah that one, I think its perfect with someone with name like yours, Sun Like amulet necklase for someone called Dawn. Shall we put it on for to see if it looks right."

"You sure sir."

"Yes, I would not want to sell a necklase which didnt fit."

He gestures me to come around the counter, which I then see that there is stool there, I climb up it and sit down. Then he takes the necklace off the stand on the counter and then puts it on me. It is then I feel this rush of energy coming over me.

But then I hear loud bang and turn to look out of the window and see men in robbing gear at the door to the bank, my sister is trapped in there and theres nothing I can do.

"My sister."

"Well I be, I think I never seen this happen here before."

"I want to help."

"The best thing you can do here is to stay here."

But I start to here this voice in my head.

"Do you want the power to help."

"Yes I do."

Then there is a bright flash of light.


Well she has gained her superhero abilities

Please leave comments and also if there are any glaring spelling errors or html coding errors please comment as well, heres the next chapter title -

Chapter 3 — First Soul, Metal Soul

up
115 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It's a conspiracy I tell you! ^_^

Now, when will we see the hidden one pulling the threads of fate? Because even boots, socks and tights constitute strike three. :)

Faraway

P.S. Oh, and am I right to think that this Halloween Dawn will be going as herself? ;)


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Well

Maybe as Dawn who knows

Awwwww

Too short of an answer, poo! :(

Kidding!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Great Start

both the story and her career except she runs out of the store with her new necklace without paying for it!

Its like this

All will be revealed in the next chapter, although the necklace will be payed for

Rising Dawn Chapter 2

Like how the story is shaping up.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

You have an interesting

You have an interesting concept going with this story and I am looking forward to see how each 'soul' operates as needed by Dawn. Jan

Well

Well you shall see how it works in Chapter 6 - when Dawn gets her Second Soul Unlocked