Gynecomastia -- A Drabble

Printer-friendly version

Years of shame and backache. From fourteen on, hunching shoulders, hiding. "Not like other boys, they mustn't see, mustn't single me out."

The plastic surgeon said, "We'll do liposuction, and scoop out the rest," miming a melon baller. I walked away, quickly.

Decades later, disks bulging, nearly crippled, the physiotherapist fixes my posture. The relief is a revelation! Eyes finally raised, another: there are other men, larger.

Yet paradoxically, all along my other secret.

And when I do "dress," a pushup bra, silicone inserts and presto, a "real" bust.

The trick, it seems, is learning to hold your head up.

up
77 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you,Pippa,

ALISON

'your timing is perfect and such good advice!

ALISON

the trick

"The trick, it seems, is learning to hold your head up." Boy, did i need to be reminded of this today. Thanks.

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

I really appreciate you!

Andrea Lena's picture

...you give so many here such great support!


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Thanks, Pippa

I hope this helps a lot of people

Holly

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Holly

Gynecomastia -- A Drabble

good advice.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Just be careful...

Just be careful, holding the head up. Easy to walk into things, don't you know... And, hey, looking down, every now and again, isn't bad either. You never know what you'll find. :-)

Anne

Head up, shoulders back, and don't lope

when you walk. Walk with your hips, and always be a lady. This is good advice that some in our community need to know. But there is a little missing from your lesson...or drabble, as you put it. If you are goig to use silicone inserts, make sure you place makeup matching your skin and inserts, so others cannot see where the insert meets the skin. Otherwise, well said.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Depends How Big The Inserts Are

Hi, Barbara.

Do you see any inserts on that picture at top? That's because they go below the breasts. That's actually me, by the way, not some pic I grabbed off the 'net.

When I say "inserts," I'm talking about the pushup "helpers" that women use to make their breasts look bigger, not full breast forms. (Which is what I mostly use now.) That picture is before I bought my full forms. Well, that is to say, that's me, plus some tape, plus some makeup, plus silicone bra stuffers, plus some careful lighting angles. But, the part you can see is actually my skin, just pushed, shaped, and shaded a bit.

It looks great in that pic, but doesn't really work that well under clothes. I much prefer my full forms (with the concave backs to accomodate what's already there) for going out. And, if you're careful in selecting clothing, you can still cheat a bit and show what looks like a hint of cleavage. The trick is to pull up your own skin, either using the elastic pressure of clothing to hold it there, or tape if necessary.

To my knowledge, there isn't any makeup that would actually conceal the edge of a form so it wouldn't be noticeable face to face. There is stuff that even Dermablend won't cover, like gaps and seams. Theatrical prosthetic makeup, like wax, putty, and liquid latex work great on stage, and in film, but up close, even in a dimly lit bar, you can tell it's artificial.

Tape!

Just watch out with the taping. In my younger partying years a girlfriend talked me into taping and she wanted to enhance my adequate cleavage with some surgical tape, a little makeup shading and we were ready for the big city. By midnight my skin felt as if it were being peeled off. By two AM when we got home it burned. The surgical tape adheres a bit too well and with so much jiggling and pulling on the skin surface the only give is in the layers of tissue under the top layer.
We tried alcohol, baby oil and nail polish remover to get the tape to release. Nothing really helped so it was just peel and scream. The welts lasted until the next weekend.
I'm not allergic to the tape. Dr's have used this tape on me several times without any reaction so I believe it was the stress of pulling and the dancing. Its kind of like wearing heels, they hurt like the dickens but you wear them over and over again, same thing that was not the last time I taped :)
BTW, you do look good!

Tape Measures

You really have to be careful with tape. I can't believe the people who use duct tape! And, there are different types of "surgical tape," too. Some of them could be disastrous. My poison of choice is a thin fabric tape called Curasilk. Despite the name, it's not made out of silk, but Dacron (which once upon a time was called "artificial silk" -- you can look it up!). It's hypoallergenic and flexible (but doesn't stretch).

The adhesive is pretty much progressive. The longer it stays on, the firmer bond it gets. With care, and patience, you can peel it off, slowly, without killing yourself, but this is better done sooner than later. Rolls are 10 yards and it comes in widths from 1 to 4 inches. I started playing around with, and settled on, the 3" width. It's easily trimmed to shapes, too. You can stick it to the peel-off backing left over from some labels, and then trim it with scissors. It doesn't stick well to wet or greasy skin, but by the same token, you don't want to remove all the oil from your skin before applying it. That's just asking for trouble!

If it does get too stuck to peel off safely, you can get it off by soaking in warm water, or in a warm shower. That will mostly release the adhesive from the tape, not your skin. After that, you can get the remaining adhesive off your skin by saturating with baby oil, or maybe cold cream, and clean off the resultant goo with alcohol.

Meanwhile, if worn in a sweaty environment, between the moisture and your skin oils, it will likely let go way before you want it to. It might hold up better if you can apply it a couple hours before under dry conditions.

Under no circumstances should you pull or push things too far. You can easily end up with nasty bruising and skin damage around the edges of the tape.

And, thanks for the compliment!

Girl, You look good !

Pippa, Be thankful, you look great. Hugs, Wendy Marie

Wendy Marie

Thanks

Thank you, Doll. What a sweet compliment!