Catwalk Confidence - Part 36

Printer-friendly version
Catwalk Confidence

By Connie Alexander

You spend your entire life thinking you’re just like any other boy, when you suddenly find out you aren’t, trying to adjust can be difficult.

 


 
 
Part 36
 
 
When I wake up it's still mostly dark outside, just a low glow coming in through the window. Momentarily confused I realize that I'm lying almost sideways with my head near the foot of the bed, using Robbyn's leg as a pillow. My position and the memories from last night make me smile, and then blush furiously.

Oh my, I can't believe we did what we did last night. It was so amazing. Any further musings are interrupted by my bladder deciding that I really need to get up or have an accident.

Easing off of Robbyn and out of the bed, I take a moment to gaze at her as she sleeps before covering her up. Tiptoeing into the bathroom, I close the door, take care of my impatient bladder, and then get into the shower to wash the scent of last night off of me.

As I wash, I notice a couple of hickies that fortunately will be covered by my clothes. Although if we go swimming today I'll have to wear the blue two piece or they'll be seen. Trying to think back to last night, I'm wondering if I gave Robbyn any hickies; smiling, I realize that I think I did.

Out of the shower and drying off, I give myself a close exam in the mirror just to make sure that I haven't missed any. Satisfied, I finish drying then dress in one of my running outfits. With a last glance to Robbyn who hasn't moved since I got up, I close the door behind me and head downstairs.

As expected, there's Mom at the counter, drinking her coffee and reading the morning paper. What isn't expected is she's wearing her workout clothes too.

"'Morning Mom."

"Good morning sweetheart."

"I thought you did your workouts in the afternoon."

"Normally I do but there's a new intense cardio class that is being offered this morning that I thought I'd try out. Instead of your normal morning run, want to try my class with me? Might be fun."

"Gee I don't know. It's always seems to me a bit boring to just hop around in a room."

"Oh it's a bit more than just hopping around the room, but I'll understand if you're too . . . . chicken to try."

Looking over at Mom she's got a huge smile on her face and a bit of a gleam in her eye.

"Hey, I'm not chicken. I suppose I can always go for a run afterwards. Sure, I'll join you."

"Great. Eat light then go upstairs and get your gym bag and a change of clothes, we'll leave here in twenty minutes."

"Yikes, I better hurry then."

I grab a banana and a glass of juice then dash back upstairs. I could wish that we were doing this some other morning. I didn't get much sleep last night and am rather tired.

Smiling as I reminisce about last night I absently toss clothes into my gym bag. Seeing that Robbyn is still sound asleep I close the door and go back downstairs.

Back downstairs, Mom is telling Dad where we are off to and that we’ll be back in about an hour and a half to two hours. Soon we’re on our way to the club.

“Sweetie, we finally heard back from the school about your testing.”

“What did they say? I’m going to be able to do high school right?”

“Not exactly.”

“Oh man, I thought I did ok on that test.”

“You did honey. In fact you just about aced it. According to Mr. Santiago, your test scores qualify you for graduation. Given the recent cuts in the school budgets, they have had to cut most of the AP classes that they previously offered, so seeing how well you did on the test, they feel that you’d just be bored going to their school and your father and I agree.”

“You mean I’m going to go to college?”

“No. Although you did well on the academic side, we feel that you still need to go to a high school. First, you have had little to no practical labs and zero socialization experience.

We’ve been looking around and we’ve found a private school that we think you’ll do well at. They offer full AP classes and more important to my mind, it will give you an opportunity to develop your socialization skills among kids your own age.

We need to schedule a meeting with the school, but if you’re accepted, you’ll start as a Junior this fall. What do you think?”

“Wow, I’m not sure what to think. I mean I think it’ll be fine, I’m still real nervous about this whole school thing though.”

“I know you are honey, it’s new and different from what you’re used to. You’ll have to deal with other kids and that can be a bit scary at first, but we think that this is for the best.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that this is a girls school. They share some facilities with a boy’s school near by, but most of your classes would be with just girls. That might help things a bit.

Think about it and we’ll discuss this more a bit later.”

“Ok Mom.”

"On a different subject, I got an e-mail form Mrs. Dempsey yesterday. She sent me the name of an agent we can use."

"Use for what?"

"Well if Nike contacts you, you're going to need an agent to help negotiate for you as well as guide you through the ins and outs of the industry."

"I thought you'd do that. I mean, you negotiated Dad's package with his new work didn't you?"

"True, but there are a couple of reasons why we need an agent for you, the main one being I don't know the industry, an agent will. Don't worry, I'll keep and eye on things and any money you make we'll get invested for you, but there are aspects of the industry that I just don't know."

"Oh, hadn't thought of that."

"I called this agent, her name is P.J. Kelly, and she's made time to see us this afternoon. If this meeting goes well, we may go on ahead and hire her. Mrs. Dempsey spoke very highly of her. How does that sound?"

"Sounds good to me."

"Great, here we are."

We pull into the parking garage at the club, grab our bags and go on inside. At the entrance, we sign in.

"Hello Mrs. Conners, we don't usually see you until the afternoon." Says the perky receptionist.

"My daughter and I thought we'd check out the new intense cardio class starting this morning."

"It should be starting in about ten minutes so I won't keep you, but if you stop by on your way out, we can get your daughter her own card. Miss Conners, if I'm not out here, just ask for Mandy. You guys have fun now."

"Thanks Mandy."

I'm a little nervous going into a ladies locker room for the first time but no one is in there. We quickly store our bags in our lockers, grab our water bottles and head off to class.

We're in a fairly large room with mirrors on all of the walls. There's about ten of us in this class and two instructors.

We start off slow, just to warm up and stretch our muscles, but soon we're going at it full blast. The next hour is a blur as we're kept moving. It isn't too long before sweat is absolutely pouring off of me and I'm just concentrating on breathing and doing the next routine. Glancing over to Mom, I at least have the satisfaction of seeing that she isn't doing any better than I am.

The Torquemada twins finally slow things down and start to cool us down. At present I'm not sure if anything short of parking my keister on an iceberg will cool me down.

Finally they stop us and after an entirely too cheerful "Great class everyone" they send us on our way.

Back in the locker room, I need Mom's help in getting out of my top. My outfit is quite literally soaking wet. Once peeled, we grab our towels and go to shower off.

A nice cool shower finally gets my temperature and heart rate back to near normal although my muscles feel like wet noodles.

After my shower I'm almost back at my locker when I realize that Mom and I aren't the only ones in here anymore. In fact, it's quite crowded. At first I'm rather self-conscious but soon I realize that it's really no big deal.

It looks like every female body type is represented. Some inspire me to really take care of myself and some that are very attractive. It feels good thinking that Mom and I have two of the best bods in here too.

Back at the locker I pull out my gym bag so I can dress.

"So what did you think of the class, going to go for a run when we get home?"

"Mom, I had no idea. It was brutal. Do you do that often?"

"No, this is the first time they're offering this class. I liked it though; I think I'll sign up to do it a couple of times a week."

"Masochist. Oh bloody hell."

"Alex, watch your language. Now what on earth is wrong?"

"Sorry Mom, it's just that it looks like I grabbed Robbyn's clothes and not mine."

"Isn't that your skirt?"

"Yea, we were going through some of my clothes last night and she wanted to borrow it."

"So what's the problem?"

"Well I'm not really comfortable wearing a mini but I guess I can cope, it's her panties a bra."

"Why, oh, I see."

"Yea, another thong and in case you haven't noticed, she's a bit more well endowed than I am. As snug as this top is, it's going to look like cra.. it's going to look terrible with a too big bra."

"It shouldn't be too bad, she's not that much larger than you, but if you're that worried about it, go without one. At least until we get home. Your top is thick enough and the design is such so it shouldn't cause you too much trouble; just don't get cold and don't get excited."

"Mother! I guess. Besides, it's not like I have any other option. I can't wear what I came in, that's for sure."

"Well hurry up and finish dressing. I need to go see someone real quick about business. When you're done, go see Mandy to get your club ID and I'll meet you by the front desk."

"Ok Mom."

This will teach me to pay better attention in the morning. I pull on the powder blue thong and man that's still a weird feeling. I pull up the mini, which is my white plaid with a silver belt. The top is light blue with sequins all over. With that tucked in I put on my trainers and head out to the front desk.

Mandy is there and in less than three minutes, I have an ID for the club. Cool.

"You!"

Looking up, I see Brandon of all people walking towards me.

Smiling at the memory from the last time we met, I say, "Bonjour Brandon, comment áªtes-vous?"

"Don't you parlez-vous me. Why the hell didn't you tell me you were only fifteen?"

"What the heck are you talking about?" I'd forgotten just how tall he is as my neck cranes back as he comes up to me.

"You, do you deny that you're only fifteen years old?"

"No, why should I?"

"So, was the last time we met just a big game for you?"

"Listen buster you just need to back off a bit. First of all, if I remember correctly you didn't spend a whole lot of time trying to ask questions like what my age was, more like what was my phone number. Also, if you remember, you came over uninvited and sat down at MY table, I wasn't trying to meet YOU.

I had a fabulous time that night but quite frankly I really never expected to see you again. And to top it all off, it's not like we were ever going to do anything more than just dance."

The entire time I'm talking to him I'm jabbing him in the chest, well more like his diaphragm, with my finger on each point I'm making and he's backing up. At the word 'dance' I jab him hard and his back step forces him to sit down hard in the lobby chair.

I see Mom coming up and I turn and leave a very stunned looking Brandon sitting in the lobby.

"Ready Mom?"

"Yes honey. Is everything ok?"

"It's fine."

"Wasn't that the nice boy from when we went out dancing?"

"Yea, he apparently found out somehow that I'm fifteen. He seemed a tad upset for some reason. I don't understand."

We get in the car and as we're pulling out, Mom says, "I suspect that he was just a bit taken with you and discovering how old you are gave him a bit of a shock."

"Yea right, but even if that's so, all we did was dance. It was nice and all but you were there, you saw, that's all there was to it."

"Honey, I've been meaning to talk to you and now is as good a time as any. Yes, all you two did was dance, but think back to that night and take a critical look at how you look, then and now. You were dressed to the nines and even without the make up and the dress and the atmosphere as a whole, you do not look like you are fifteen years old, you look like you are at least eighteen.

Brandon is a very handsome young man and seeing you, a very beautiful young lady, he jumped to the wrong conclusion and when he found out, it was just a bit of a shock to him.

I'm afraid that given what a truly beautiful young lady you are, he won't be the last to make that mistake."

"Well it's not like I'm looking for some sort of relationship. Jeeze, this is still new enough that, well, I don't even know if I like guys. You know, like in that sort of way."

"I know honey, but someday you might.

Sweetheart, all your father and I want for you, your sister, and your brothers is for you all to be happy.

You know I love Robbyn don't you? She's almost like having another daughter. But honey, don't rush things. You guys are still young and I wouldn't want either one of you to get hurt."

"Um, Mom, wh-what are, what do you mean?"

I'm suddenly afraid of exactly what she means. Looking over at Mom, she's smiling at me.

"Now there's nothing to be embarrassed about but you two need to realize that sound does travel."

"Oh my god."

"Honey, really, it's ok. Also, well I noticed certain little marks on you when we went to take our showers. Listen, my only concern is that the two of you take things slow and easy so neither one of you get hurt. You need to realize that you can get sex anywhere, but a true friend is very hard to find, don't jeopardize that."

"Mom! Oh jeeze, oh no, did Dad hear . . . oh crap." And I bury my bright red face in my hands.

"No honey, and the only reason I know is I had to get up last night and I heard you two. You both seem to be just a bit vocal. Just be a little more careful from now on, and you might take it easy on the love bites."

"Oh jeeze this is so embarrassing."

"I know it is honey, but it shouldn't be. Between two consulting adults, sex can be just good clean fun for everyone. Making love even more so. But you need to be smart about it and you need to be careful and you especially need to be safe, safe, safe. Quite frankly if it turns out you are a lesbian that’s fine by both me and your father, I hope it isn't the case just because the joys of creating a child with a man are truly wonderful, but there's nothing to prevent two women from having a child either. I just think it's more so between a man and a woman, but will admit that I'm a tad biased and could be wrong.

Just be careful, not only to protect and maintain your friendship but because society still has some very antique ideas when it comes to same sex relationships.

I also think that you shouldn't give up on men until you at least try it, they can be quite fun, but can you hold off on that for a bit? You're growing up far too fast these days and I miss my baby."

"Oh Mom."

Somehow Mom is able to relax me enough to laugh at the situation. And even though it's still a bit embarrassing, it isn't too bad.

By time we pull back into the driveway we're laughing and joking.

* * *

Once home, I run on ahead into the house. I want to change and get something to eat, not necessarily in that order either.

"Alex hon?"

Turning at the door I say "Yes Mom?"

"Try not to put so much bounce in your step."

"Huh?"

"It makes the back of your skirt flip up enough to give a peek of that cute little derriere of yours and your powder blue thong."

"Oh gods. Thanks Mom. Can this morning get any more embarrassing?"

Mom just chuckles in reply.

Inside, and not seeing any sign of Robbyn downstairs, I run up to my room. Sure enough, the lazy bones is still in bed.

Closing the door, I turn on the light.

"Hey there you. Time to get up."

Robbyn opens one eye at me and smiles.

"Don't wanna. You come in here."

"Oh no, if I do that we'll both get into trouble. I can see the gleam in your eye young lady."

"Drat, foiled again. Hey, that's the outfit I was going to wear today."

"Yea, well you try packing your gym bag in the dark and half asleep."

'Hmm, you wearing everything I laid out?"

Robbyn glides out of the bed and comes over to me. Gods but she's gorgeous.

"Everything but your bra. You're a bit larger than I am if you hadn't noticed. I had to wear this though, my workout clothes were soaked."

Robbyn pulls me close to her and caresses my left breast.

"Sure enough, no bra here."

"Robbyn, we, we n-need to get downstairs. Oooh god."

Chuckling, Robbyn leans in and kisses me deeply. As our tongues battle, her hand steals up under my shirt and cups my breast again. At my moan, she gently twists my nipple.

* * *

Twenty, maybe twenty-five minutes later we start to dress for the day, me for the second time, no the third time.

"You're a bad girl Robbyn Anderson. I knew I shouldn't have trusted that gleam in your eye."

Chuckling she says, "Sorry, I just couldn't help myself."

"Yea, well we need to be careful. Mom, Dad or for that matter Ellen could come upstairs at anytime. Wouldn't want them to walk in on us now would we?"

"Oh no, you don't think they heard us do you?"

"I don't think they heard us this time. I was really trying to be quiet, but Mom definitely heard us last night."

"Oh my god! She didn't!"

"She did. She's cool about it though, she just wants to make sure we're careful and we don't get hurt. Shocked the hell out of me I can tell you. I wanted to jump out of the car and really didn't care that we were moving at the time. She thinks the world of you, you know, like another daughter she said."

"Ooh, your mom is so sweet. But you're right; we do need to more careful. It's hard though. I have to make a conscious effort to keep my hands off of you."

"Mmm, I feel the same way about you, but let's not blow this."

"Ok, I'll be good . . . mostly."

"Robbyn."

"Ok, ok. I'm a good girl, I'm a good girl, I'm a good girl."

Laughing at her, I ask, "So you want to use this outfit after all? You'll need new undies in any case."

"No, it looks fab on you. You wear it. I think I'll borrow this one and this top if that's ok."

"My closet is your closet. Help yourself."

"Oh goodie. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a quick shower then I'll be right down."

"Ok."

"Nope, not the trainers wear those cute little white sandals with the heel. They'll go better with your outfit and be better for your meeting too."

"Oh man. Really?"

"Really, now get. I'll be down in a few."

Following my orders I dig out the heels. They are awful cute, I just haven't gotten real used to wearing heels yet. At least they're a reasonable two inches.

* * *

Back down in the kitchen, Mom had made some fruit salad; fortunately she made a bunch of it.

"Robbyn up sweetie?"

"Yea, the lazy bones didn't want to get up. She is now. She's taking a quick shower and will be right down.

Oh Mom, this is delicious. I can't believe how hungry I am."

"You're welcome dear."

"So when are we meeting with this agent person?"

"At three. She lives up in San Francisco over in the Marina District and travels down to LA when needed. Kind of like how your father works. Anyhow, she's up here today and is able to squeeze us in as a favor to the Dempsey's. I want to leave here by two. I'd rather be early than late."

"I figured I'd wear this. Is it ok?"

"You look fine dear. Be careful how you sit but that shouldn't be a problem, you've really improved."

"Thanks Mom."

Shortly thereafter Robbyn comes down and joins us. I keep her company while Mom goes into her office to get some work done.

There's a 'Project Runway' marathon going on so we watch that. In the current episode the models are being taught the runway walk. Soon Robbyn and I are doing our own runway walks up and down the family room and having a great time.

After a light lunch, we go back up to my room. I'm not sure if this agent gal was shown my Parkour video so I burn a copy of the YouTube video and the one that Monkey shot.

With that done, Robbyn and I just go through all the various teen and fashion magazines that have accumulated. Most of the fashion magazines are for Ellen and Mom and Dad thought that all the girly teen magazines would help me. I'm not so sure about that. Don't get me wrong, some of the articles are pretty interesting but some are, oh I don't know, it just seem strange that anyone would be interested in the eating habits of the latest teen heart throb for instance.

Oh well, I guess I still have a bunch to learn.

At two, we leave for the drive up to San Francisco. It's a beautiful day and the traffic isn't too bad.

As we're driving, I get up the nerve to ask Mom a question that I've been dying to for the past couple of months.

"Mom, can I ask you something?"

"Sure honey, what is it?"

"Well, I was wondering, you know if before school starts, if maybe I could take a driving course."

Now that I got that out, I just couldn't stop.

"You see, here I can get a license as soon as I turn fifteen and a half but you also need to take a certified driving course and I've been checking around and there are a number of really good places that offer them. Then come November I could get my license and you wouldn't have to worry about driving me all over the place, like to school or up here to see Amanda and things and it'll be a huge time saver for you and Dad 'cause you know that Ellen won't be able to do it once school starts for her again and with Dad traveling and then there are times that you're tied up with work or with the twins and I promise that I'll be super careful and all but I really want to drive and can I please?"

I couldn't believe that I got that all out in one breath and I was giving Mom my biggest puppy dog eyes and trying to work the ol' Vulcan mind meld on her, even though I'm not a Vulcan and I'm not really sure what a mind meld is.

Mom looks at me in surprise and when she sees my expression starts to laugh. "What brought this on all of a sudden?"

"It's not all of a sudden. I've really been thinking a lot about it. You know I'm not a kid any more, I'm practically an adult and you and Dad have said yourselves how mature I am and this would be the perfect opportunity for me to show you and Dad just how much of an adult I really am, so could I. Pretty please?"

Chuckling Mom says, "Well I'm not going to promise anything right now, but I will think about it and discuss it with your father. Now you can just stop with that look. You open your eyes any larger and they'll pop out of your head, besides that look doesn't work on me. I'm immune."

"Oh thank you Mom, you're the best mother in the whole wide world and I'd give you a big hug but then we'd crash and we wouldn't want that so I'll just have to owe you one. See, very adult like."

Soon we're all laughing and Robbyn says, "I've got my learners permit and already took a driving course so when I turn sixteen I can get my license. Mrs. C the classes are really good and they teach you everything you need to know to be safe and all."

"Now don't you two start double teaming me, I said I'd think about it. Now to change the subject, help me find a parking place. We're here."

"Oh, there's one Mom, that car is about to pull out."

up
316 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Posting early

I wanted to get this next part posted as starting tomorrow night and through next week I'm either going to be to busy or too tired to do it. If you're wondering, I'm retiling my kitchen..144 sq. feet...yuck.

So enjoy, I'll try to pop in so I can respond to things but I can't promise anything.

Take care all.

Much luv and tons of hugs,

Connie

Better you than...

Better you than me... I'm handy with the Joint compound (Most of our house is plaster on lath. And, with the addition 5 years ago, there's been settling and ... yep, cracks... At least the cracks aren't cracking. LOL

Thanks for the early post. I'll blame you for not reviewing the editors comments on mine... :-) See, it's not my fault it takes so long! :-)

Those two girls are trouble... Interesting interaction with Brandon... :-) Wonder what'll happen next.

Thanks,
Anne

If your tiling the floor or walls

Dont forget to start from dead centre and to work your way out to each of the walls/corners.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Nope

Not according to the crew on This Old House (Home renovation show on PBS {Public Broadcasting]).

. . . .

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

I was surprised!

I had already checked the incoming stories, and when I went to c he ck the blogs-ah ha! Catwalk! I reAlly enjoy all the interaction, and I loved the embarassment! I could almost picture it! Have fun with the tile, but not too much fun! I can't wait for the next chapter!

Wren

another step forward

"After my shower I'm almost back at my locker when I realize that Mom and I aren't the only ones in here anymore. In fact, it's quite crowded. At first I'm rather self-conscious but soon I realize that it's really no big deal." Without really noticing, she has made another step forward in her journey. good chapter, loved how mom handles hearing her and Robyn!

"Life isn't all butterflies and rainbows"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Stick to your guns Alex

Men might be fun in bed but for a true meeting of minds go with a woman! ;)

Seriously though, this is early days for Alex, experience-wise but her mother is a bit biased with regard to men. Knowing what I know about boys and women, I still think a compatible woman is a better choice all things considered. And yes, men can be physically attractive ( especially 28 year olds to this 48 year old cougar :) ) but long term, forget it as far as I am concerned as they seem to inevitably turn into 48 year old pot bellied bums with a receded hairline and hair growing out of his nose and ears and butt crack.

That said, I would not be surprised that she might be forced into a date in high school. She may very well be bisexual but I hope she makes the 'smart' choice 9).

Thank you so much for another wonderful posting.

Kim

I Agree!

jengrl's picture

I agree! There is already a deep connection between her and Robbyn. I really hope that they stay together. Based on both their reactions after making love, I would say they pretty much rocked each other's world! The way Alex reacted to Brandon's attitude says a lot to me about her feeling toward men, especially jerks like him.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Good or bad...

I'm trying to decide if I should feel sorry that you have to tile your kitchen or not. On one hand, it's something I would never want to do in a million years and wouldn't wish it on anyone else. But on the other hand, I got to read more of Catwalk earlier than normal. That sort of made me happy that you had to tile. :P

Kidding aside, you've given us another great chapter. I loved seeing Alex grow so much as a woman in this chapter. Not only has she realized that she is female, as she did in the locker room, but she is also learning what that means at home. She seems to be falling into the role quite easily.

I'm not the biggest fan of same-sex relationships. I have no qualms if somebody wants to be in one themselves, but it isn't something that holds any interest for me in my own life. I've lost interest in stories before when they've entered this realm of relationships. But I haven't felt the least bit of wavering in your story. Robbyn might not have been my first choice if I was Alex, but then again I'm not Alex. I have my own life and she has hers, and reading about what she is going through has certainly kept my interests piqued.

I love the story, Connie. I've said it many times before and I'm sure I'll continue to say it well into the future. Thank you for writing it, and I wait with great anticipation for the next installment (or for something different if your wonderful mind so desires :P).

Hugs,
Megan

Well I kinda had the opposite problem

I am not the biggest fan of het relationships. Sorry, men turn into slobs in middle age and such and I see so many women who try to keep their themselves in trim but so many men go bald and pot bellied and really slob out. It must be all that reproductive instinct that somehow twists perception to think that kinda physical form can still be considered 'sexy'. Sadly all instincts is geared to provide the best resources for one's offspring and maybe hairy rough men is what is best for a woman? Sad. Let's face it, a lot of men do not have the metrosexual gene in them. Ironically as soon as you see a man who is trim and well-groomed, well odds increase a lot that they are not straight.

That said, I think I have become agnostic with regard to relationships in stories here because, well, love is love, ya know? And I can empathize and feel happiness for them, regardless. I do have an objection when hets butt in and insist that you have to try it out their way if you are lez inclined whereas I do not believe it is a pervasive attitude among the L or G community that they insist that straight folks try it out their way and see if they would like it. That is what Alex's mom is suggesting in this story and even though it is well meaning, it really is not her damn business, sorry. I doubt her mom would be happy if she suggested to her mom to try a woman. Can you imagine the outcry if a pair of lesbian parents insists that their straight son or daughter to try a same sex relationship?

Kim

Relationships and gender

I can empathise with both Megan and Kim, as I have been severely traumatized in my own RL relationships. Many women seem to consider men as cold stones that are neither sensible nor sensitive who are slobs. But if those men try to "clean up" their act to become more sensible, sensitive and take care of their apearance, then the same women acuse them of being "sissies" and "faggots" or even mentally ill destined for the loony bin!
Sorry for sounding sarcastic. I still have a hard time coming to grips with the mixed messages I have been, and still am, receiving from my ex-wife and also from many of the teachers of my precious girls.

That being said, I have no problems with either kind of relationship in the stories here, as long as the actual hanky-panky is left to the readers imagination and not described in graphic detail. In this story Connie has done great job describing the efects of the liason and leaving the how these came to be to the readers phantasy.

Jessica

Kim

'So many men go bald'....a little unfair. It's called genetics, it isn't a lifestyle choice, and it can realy screw up all sorts of women, too.
I have often taken issue with the sort of feminist argument ('fat is a feminist issue') that insists that all women, even the morbidly obese, are beautiful, but any man short of a few inches in height , or of a few follicles, is to be despised. Fair's fair.

I really laughed as I read

I really laughed as I read how Alex went after Brandon when he approached her and tried to make his mistake her fault. Way to go Alex. Alex's Mom is really cool and she does indeed love her new daughter and wants nothing but the best for her. I am glad that she and Alex feel they can discuss anything with each other without fear of being put down. Wish more parents could do this with their children, it would certainly make life much more pleasant for many and a lot less pain for some. Jan

It's nice to see.

Some bonding between Alex and her Mum?

For some time there during the family moving etc there was little time with her Mother, at this stage of Alex's development she will need to rely on her Mum than on Robbyn's desires?

Lol
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Catwalk Confidence - Part 36

With things happening for Alex, what about Robbyn? Will the changes hurt their relationship?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Those two girls...

Renee_Heart2's picture

I sware those two girls what one can't think of the other one can & sometimes its a combination of the two lol. I'm glad that Alix's mom is open minded about the whole lesbian experence & that her dad is to I"m shure Elin would be as well but the twins...well what can I say... there boys. This Agent seams like a really good thing for Alix, and the tapes she brought with her can't hurt anything & I think a smart move. Now as for Alix driving at fifteen and a half no matter how mature she is still a teen driver sooooo... I think ever sixteen is too young eight teen even seventeen and a half is ok. THe Intense cardio calss seams like a good thing for Alix to do with her mom she might be able to drad Robbin along for 1 calss but I don't thing Robbin would last the entire calss before colappsing from exaustion lol. I may be wrong though she may be in better shape then what we think. It would be intresting to find out though. I'm glad that Robbin is with Alix on this agent deal she needa a friend to keep her nerves in check altough her mom could do a good job at that just a really close friend is hard to beat when you really need them & I'm glad that Alix is having some fun with Robbin They need to go shopping together though who knows what Alix wil end up with when Robbin is with her oh & Elin has to be involved as well.
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Happy fun time! :D

I really laughed over some antics Alex made! It was SO nice and funny!

And here's to a great day for Robbyn and Alex and everyone else! ;)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

I didn't read into mom's comments what some here seem to have

but the that's the value in these comments, seeing what others see that you have missed.

I see the mom as trying to come to terms with her new daughter. She loves her every bit as much as the shy boy they thought he was but now everything is so changed and so fast. There is a fair amount of guilt in her mind over not having her child evaluated earlier and thus maybe determining her true physical sex before the crisis.

I think mom blames herself for the suicide attempt and her daughter nearly dying from infection when she menstruated prior to the surgery to open her vagina. Hell, she likely blames herself all the way back to the progestin that virtualized her daughter. Her lovely daughter almost died TWICE and the mom feels so at fault or so it seems to me. She's putting up a good front but the hurt in her eyes is there behind the utter joy at how Alex is embracing her newly discovered self, her womanhood. But then maybe Alex would not have been born so mom really shouldn't bash herself too hard.

IMHO she was trying to tell Alex she didn't care what her sexuality would eventually be, she'd love and support her no matter. She was saying in effect is "experiment, but be careful. Give yourself time to figure out yourself, your desires. Your friendship with Robbyn is what matters most, don't lose that no matter what happens between you sexually in the long run." The mom cares, that's what counts even if at times her words are not perfect.

I suspect Robbyn will be a lifelong friend and not infrequent lover but the mommy gene is strong in Alex and I suspect she will want to at least try a man, or a turkey baster ore than once. I suspect both are bi or bi curious. They are both unsure of what they want at this young age. Even Alex's mom cautioned her to go slow and that things may change over time. Hum, did Alex's mom have a lesbian love or crush at a similar age? Like mother like daughter and passing onher wisdom, her experience?

-- grin --

I keep in mind both Robbyn and Alex are 15, Alex just barely so and thus in that awkward time of discovery, IE Who am I, what am I, will I, can I find love? And so on. Her strong reaction to Brandon's accusation is interesting. One it shows her increasing confidence in herself, her developement as a person. And two it might also indicate a bit of sexual tension between them. I don't see it as proof of her being a man hater or lesbian, her own history should make her more tolerant, more open than most. I think it was her honest upset at Brandon dumping off his guilt at misjudging her age as HER fault. Alex may have a lot yet to grow, to learn, but she will not let anyone push her around ... much.

Such a sweet tale. Do continue.

BTW Why not Alex and Robbyn as models for Ellen? With Alex's connections to the media mogul they could go far. Ellen could produce a successful line of mid/older teen fashions for girls/women. It's another way for Robbyn and Alex to save for college. Heck, Ellen could even start a line of children's clothing with the delightful Elizabeth as the chief model.

Love this tale wherever it goes.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

No Peeking!

OK John, No peeking! :)

You're very close to the mark. Mom does have a ton of guilt that she's trying to come to terms with. Dad too. Hopefully they wont go overboard. Mom really only wants happiness for Alex but also acknowledges that she is still only 15. A tough time for any parent and child.

As to a past relationship for Mom? Mmmmmmm....maybe.

Alex and kids, via traditional method or a turkey baster is probably a forgone conclusion. She really loves children and they really take to her. She's got quite some time before that happens though.

Brandon and Alex. Well, there's something there. Not sure what yet but it's there.

Models for Ellen. Just keep your britches on, I'm getting there, I'm getting there. :)

Alex and Robbyn. Whether or not they remain lovers is up in the air. One thing is certain, they are bound together and will always be friends.

Which brings me to the sex in this story. I've always felt that the greatest sexual organ was the brain. I really hadn't planed for Alex and Robbyn to go in that direction but kids these days, you just can't predict what they're going to do. Once it became obvious that I was going to have to write something, I felt that the best way was the less said the better. I wanted YOU the reader to fill in how you wanted it.

I'm so glad so many are enjoying this, there is tons more to come.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go back to my kitchen renovation. woo-pie!

Hugs,

Connie

Thanks for the feedback, Connie. As to the re-tile...

wouldn't wholesale be cheaper?

No hitting!

I have seen a lot of do-it-yourself shows and the start in the center and work out method is often preferred. May make a difference if ceramic vs vinyl vs sheet goods flooring but the main trick is measure carefully several times and lay it out *dry* ii IE do a test fitting -- before the mastic, mortar bed or whatever. A 12 inch tile may not be exactly that and walls are not all straight or rooms perfectly square. A test fitting and careful measuring will make for a far easier and satisfactory job. Oh a chalk line is very handy.

We have done, well dad did most of it but I have helped, done vinyl with mastic, self adhesive and sheet flooring. Measuring beforehand and double checking it is the key. You don't want to end up with full tiles on one wall and half inch wide nightmares to trim and handle tiles on the opposite or at say a doorway. Shoe moldings and thresholds can cover minor gaps to allow for expansion/contraction but careful prep makes it so much easier. The UNDERLAYMENT, you didn't forget that did you? Can't tile an uneven floor.

Personally when I become philosopher king potentate dictator for life of Earth I will go with poured high strength concrete and all stainless steel. You can just hose everything down to clean.

Good luck on the home improvement thingy and bravo on this story. IMHO, this is your story so feel free to tell us kibitzers to all sod off then write it your way. -- GRIN --

The thing I try to keep in mind is the heroine is barely 15. Her best friend and first ever lover, Robbyn is like 15 and a half. The sister is what, 19 maybe 20 tops? So we are dealing with young kids. Maybe the sister has decided her sexuality, she seemed hot for one of the camera guys but Alex and Robbyn? They are only beginning to find themselves. From a few admissions Robbyn has made to Alex and her mom's talks with Alex's mom Robbyn is very much like Alex. They were both loners, shy kids with few close friends. Robbyn outwardly appeared more confident but inwardly they are so alike.

It is so easy to read one's own experience, own desires into these characters. Trying to avoid that, it seems safe to say the average person has several if not many relationships, dates, whatever until they find the one or settle on Mr or Miss Make Doo or whatever. Experiences vary wildly, some never find someone, some find the one early and stay with them others bounce from relations to marriage to divorce and back again. But at 15 who knows? The world, the future awaits them so no need for them to rush or for us readers to rush to judgment.

Hum, Alex strongly looks like the dad's sister back in Ireland. Will they ever meet and what of her life? The big pigheaded blow up that separated dad from his father, anything to do with her? Or just his wanting to move to the US and thus away from the family and tradition? Is she or did she have a lesbian lover? She is very lovely, was or is she a model in Ireland? The photo was fairly recent but I heard no mention of her having a family or children. Though I do believe she is considerably younger than Alex's dad.

Maybe the media mogul can help mend fences, help arrange a get together. The sister seems friendly enough, just distance or duty to their father have kept her from visiting her brother's family. Could the father seeing a picture of his granddaughter Alex who so closely resembles his own daughter be the key to healing that 20 year or so old wound?

The mom's comments and openness, as I speculate before., due to her own experiences at that age, that of a friend of hers, a sister? Sorry, my speculation gene went riot there.

That we care, that we speculate, sometimes forcefully so proves your skill makes us care for these fictional beings.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa