Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 2

Printer-friendly version

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure

By Melanie E.

Page 2

"You head out into the haze..."

----------

If anyone is new to this and doesn't know how it works, well, go back and read the first one! An Adventurer Is You!

---------

---Into The Haze

You hesitate, unsure if it is such a smart idea to walk into the fog when you are already lost. In the end, your damp clothes and soggy shoes decide for you, and you head down the street in the same direction you had been going, hoping to find a familiar landmark.

Unfortunately, it is not long before the fog closes in about you -- thicker and seemingly more sinister than before. Remembering the old adage, "a fog so thick you can't see your hand in front of your face," you raise your hand about a foot in front of you. You can see it, but only barely.

Suddenly, a booming voice echoes out, "Hail, adventurer!" and the fog before you begins to glow.

What do you do?

---Answer the voice
---Flee, back the way you came!
---Find something to hide behind

----------

The voting begins... NOW! ("page 2" posted on 1/18/2011, voting set to close at noon on 1/19/2011)

EDIT: It should be noted that this is noon central standard time. So if you don't live in Arkansas or the general area of the Louisiana Purchase, then this probably ain't the right time for you.

up
67 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I reckon

You need to answer

yes

---Answer the voice

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 2

---Answer the voice
---Flee, back the way you came!
---Find something to hide behind

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Answer the voice

WebDeb's picture

Answer the voice and with any luck you may be face to face with the great wizard himself!

Answer them

Go ahead, see who it is!

Wren

be polite...

... and let's take the hail as an act of greeting, a salutation even, and not a meteorological warning. I'd vote for answering the voice, in an equally polite way.

Teehee!

Okay, it's fun, and I'm going to go into the voting the same way as before! :)

Option three, to hide behind something, is out for me. If someone had seen me through a fog this thick, I'd say that hiding behind anything isn't going to work all that well.

Option two, fleeing. I'm already lost. I may twitch and jerk around, but, well, it's apparent I'm out of my depth and for all I know there's a cliff wall right behind me just waiting for me to get smacked into. Or worse, I'm at a bend of a mountain path and there's only the abyss behind me.

So, with a quivering voice and hesitantly, I'd say: "H-hello. Who are you?"

My vote is:
---Answer the voice

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Easy!

-- Answer the voice

My gut reaction would be to reply: "Who are you?"

Hmm... wandering around, can't see in front of you, external sources feeding you directions - Knightmare!

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Answer, but ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... more like throw up my hands and comment to the Powers That Be, "Oh, for the love of ... I'm in the Theatre District!"

BE a lady!

Answer the voice, in a

Answer the voice, in a respectful manner.

The only bad question is the one not asked.

The only bad question is the one not asked.

choose

ill flee like the devil is after me.
robert

001.JPG

Answer

"Good evening, Mr Blessed!"

So if the haze has a voice...

laika's picture

...is it a gabby haze?

I couldn't decide how to react to the voice, with so little information any choice seems arbitrary.
So I rolled a die (4 counts the same as 1, 5 as 2, 6 as 3...) and it said to hide behind something.
This seems kind of wimpy and not very good for the plot, but I'm going with random here;
so maybe you don't wanna count an insensate plastic cube's participation in this game.
~~~hugs, Laika

Not much of an option,

Not much of an option, really. If seen through that thick fog, then it's improbably to be able to hide from the owner of the voice, and that's entirely discarding the problem of *finding* that thing to hide behind in the fog in the first place, when you can't see much more than an armlength. And flee, do you even have any idea from what direction the voice came or how to flee from it?

I'd say you've only given us one useful answer. The only thing the other alternatives would lead to is determining the personality of the protagonist a little more by means of showing AFGNCAAP's reaction to the situation.

It's more a question of how to answer, really. Which again does more to determine the character of the protagonist than anything else. An inquisitive but non-confrontational way of answering would be best if you ask me.

Answer the voice

In for a penny, in for a pound. (Or dollar or whatever) Hugs, Wendy Marie

Wendy Marie

My knee jerk reaction

would be -- Answer the voice with something like:     { . . silence . . }       Adventurer!? Huh?

Followed by: 'Who are you, booming voice there yonder?'

So my choice is a)

Jo-Anne

Answer!

what sort of person wouldnt?

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Is "none of the above" a legitmate choice here?

Kind of painted your hero into a corner here.

Running in such thick fog is a quick way to get hurt or injured. As to hiding... WHERE? He can hardly see more than a foot or two and groping or feeling for a hiding place seems futile and very slow. That he has been greeted does not mean he has been seen but sound travels very well in fog so he likely was heard by the voice and not seen ... yet. I agree, speak and very politely.

Big Q for next chapter, why "Hail adventurer!" And the glow... magic? Headlights of a car or some vehicle? The jewel on a wizard's staff? A radioactive Shakespearian actor?

John in Wauwwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Duh

terrynaut's picture

Answer the nice voice, please. :)

- Terry

Answer

As someone else pointed out, the other alternatives are either impossible or almost certainly ineffective.

Eric

Okay, then....

I don't even need to tally votes this time, do I? Answer the voice it is!

Voting is officially CLOSED!

Melanie E.