Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 10

Printer-friendly version

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure

By Melanie E.

Page 10

"You hide, and watch to see who's coming..."

----------

You stand up as carefully as possible, not wanting to make any bigger a mess than necessary, and are surprised to find your body and robe completely dry despite your recent accident. Deciding that is an issue that can be resolved later, you scuttle behind the bushes and crouch down, watching the road to see who -- or what -- is heading your way.

It is almost fifteen minutes before a cart finally rolls into view, dragged behind two ancient mares. Sitting atop it is a young woman with raven black hair and a bow across her back, while drifting from the inside of the cart you can smell the tantalizing aroma of apples. It is then you realize that you have not eaten in many hours, your jujubees long forgotten, and your stomach starts to rumble in protest.

Starting at the sound of your mutinous digestive track, the woman draws the bow from her back and aims it into the bushes where you stand.

"Out, thief! Show yourself!" The woman says in a voice with a strange accent.

Not wanting to get shot, you do as you have been ordered and step out, holding your hands up for good measure. Seeing you are unarmed, the woman lowers her bow and instead shoots you with a disgusted look. "What kind of lady hides in the bushes at night? And so poorly at that?"

"Uh, well..." Not knowing what to say, you shrug your shoulders. Then a thought comes to you. "How did you know where I was? Was it my stomach?"

She shakes her head. "No, it was the lantern you left burning casting your shadow upon the road."

You look behind you, and see the lantern burning brightly behind the bush. "Oh," you say, embarrassed.

When you turn back to her, she is now looking at you in pity. "Do you need a ride, friend?" She asks, holding out her hand to you.

What do you do?

---Accept the ride
---Decline the ride

----------
The voting begins...NOW!("Page 10" posted on 1/27/2011, voting to close at noon CST on 1/28/2011)

NOTES: Sorry I was late getting pages posted both today and yesterday. Yesterday the internet was out from noon to two thirty in the afternoon, a scary occurrence since it died right when I was trying to post the previous page. Luckily everything was okay. Today I was just T-Y-A-R-D Tired and had to take a nap. But, it's over now, so here's the new page!

Melanie E.

up
89 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Mew ;3

Accept the hospitality, you never know who you might meet next, and even if she does turn out to be an axe murderer at least you tried ;3

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Bisexual, transsexual, gamer girl, princess, furry that writes horror stories and proud ^^

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

yes

---Accept the ride

Accept the ride

KevSkegRed's picture

We might finally get some answers & some food.

Kev [Ρĥàńŧāśĩ»ßő™], Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

KevSkegRed, Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

Accept the ride, naturally

The woman seems friendly enough to help a stranger on a nighttime road. She is quite certain that you can't harm her - your blunder is proof positive of that. And if she had any gruesome designs on you, it's not like you could have prevented her from doing it. :)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Are you completely useless at stealth?

The question's about as obvious as that - she's seen you're unarmed, knows you're completely useless at hiding, are almost certainly no threat to her, is currently looking at you in pity - of course you're going to accept the lift!

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

a dilly of a pickle

I'd say ask where she's going first before accepting the ride, just in case she's delivering a load of applesauce to an ogre's castle or something.

Not being a complete

Not being a complete nincom-poop, you accept the ride and decide to beg a apple or two. But what explanation can you give about your presence?

CaroL

CaroL

Time for a ride

Lets go girl. Hugs, Wendy Marie

Wendy Marie

accept the ride

beats walking.

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

accept

I would accept, well theres almost nothing to lose.

Accept!

As my friend would say, Vas? You vant to stand in de voods vitout clothings?

Wren

Just to be contrary - Await 6 white horses

RAMI

Just to be contrary, since the outcome is obvious, I would decline the ride. Something better has to be coming around the mountain. Since she is driving a cart with only two black mares, you await someone driving 6 white horses.

RAMI

RAMI

Accept ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... the ride. A chance for a friend is too good to pass up.

BE a lady!

The Best Offense

terrynaut's picture

I'd accept the ride. The woman seems to be a good choice for companionship.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

Accept...

Doesn't much matter where she's going; it probably beats where you are now.

Eric