Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 16

Printer-friendly version

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure

By Melanie E.

Page 16

"You head north, to the Dark Keep..."

----------

"I really do need to learn how to use this thing," you say, waving the staff. Everyone around you dives for cover just as a bolt of lightning surges forward, lighting a bale of hay on fire. "Oops."

Fortran stands up, eyeing you cautiously as he dusts off his robes. "I agree. You are far more dangerous to your companions right now than you would be to any foe."

Lisa stands as well, patting out a small fire in the hay around her. "So north it is then. I hope you know what you are telling us to do, old man." She says, glaring at Fortran.

"I'm certain it will be alright. None of my apprentices have died while studying there in well over a hundred years."

"What about Mac?"

"Oh, he didn't die... really. He's still about somewhere. I think."

"Yeah, sure." Lisa rubs her temples for a moment, obviously upset by the conversation. "Maybe north is best. It will give us a chance to look for him."

Fortran nods, and leaves the two of you to prepare to leave. Soon you are ready to go, and set out on your adventure. It is a long, hard road to the Dark Keep, and there is little time to waste, though something to occupy your time on the ride might be good.

What do you do?

---Study your book of magic.
---Ask Lisa about who "Mac" is.
---Start singing to yourself. (SPECIAL: If you choose this, pick a song as well. I'll either pick my favorite of the ones recommended, or if there is one that has multiple votes I'll use the one with the most votes.)

----------
Voting begins... NOW!

up
66 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ask Lisa about Mac. It is

Ask Lisa about Mac. It is important to have all the intelligence about a situation you can. Once you have the information, maybe you can study your magic book, or you could sing Henry the Eighth.

"Henry the Eighth I am, I am, Henry the Eigth I am, I got married to the widow next door, she'd been married -7 times before, and every one was a Henry, Never a George nor a Sam, every one was a Henry, Henry the Eighth I am." Then, "Second verse, sing it again. Henry the Eighth I am I am......." on and on and on and on until someone strikes you to shut you up. Hey, better than "10,000 Bottles of Beer on the Wall".

CaroL

CaroL

Study the book!

You need to get some control over your abilities-read the manual!

Wren

Good Study Habits

terrynaut's picture

I say study the book. Lisa will divulge the secret of Mac on her own time.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 16

---Start singing to yourself. either Bad To The Bone, Oh Mickey, My Way, or The Rose.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

magic

Sing to yourself. Steve Miller's "Abracadabra."

study the book

learning is fun....

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Option 3

Start singing for yourself: Dark Vader Theme from Empire strikes back, while looking through book.

Robin

Asking about Mac...

...is the most immediate concern, since this has a huge impact on whether or not you actually do go to this Dark Dungeon Department Whatever. While studying is important, beyond doubt, this is >immediately< important, and thus much more urgent.

If singing happens anyway, or if the others can be accomplished whilst or by singing, then you should definitely sing "Eternal Flame" by Bob Kanefsky and Julia Ecklar. >:-D Mwahahahh!

-Liz

Successor to the LToC.

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

Ask about Mac

Really, worry yourself a little more. ;)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Study First...

...or you may never get there.

(Songs? Well, not "Hocus Pocus", "Bibbidy Bobbidi Boo" or "Abracabra", or even "Please" or "Thank You". I'd stay away from "Witch Doctor", too. You're liable to hurt somebody...)

Eric

Ask about Mac.

Then once you've finished - especially if the tale is slightly gruesome, a certain Eric Idle song would probably be appropriate... and as it has a whistled hook, you'll be encouraging everyone else to join in as well :D

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Start learning COBAL and C at once! Get ahead of "the game"

Mac, Lisa, Fortran?

Somebody has dealt with computers haven't they.

Then wasn't there a turtle/LOGO bit earlier?

Have fun. Ignor our votes and choose your own path.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Don't Forget ....

APL, Ada, Pascal, PL/I

but perhaps it's time to go Forth and conquer!!

Nicole (a.k.a. Itinerant)

--
Veni, Vidi, Velcro:
I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Nicole (a.k.a. Itinerant)

--
Veni, Vidi, Velcro:
I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Oh the PAIN !

Oy, enough with the computer references/groaners.

-- GRIN --

Let's see, other songs to avoid.

It Ain't Easy Being Green. I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts -- unless she realy does want to be male again. Yes We Have No Bananas works the other way I guess. Could be disaster for any males in range though. Any magic related tunes or songs from horor films are a no-no. IE Beware of the Blob. Ad jingles are very dangerous. Absolutely do not sing Oh I wish I was an Oscar Mayer Weiner.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa