Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 18

Printer-friendly version

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure

By Melanie E.

Page 18

"You use your magic to find a way..."

----------

"No time like the present," you mumble to yourself, eying the staff and book. You riffle through the pages until you come across a likely looking spell, and begin to chant the words as you wave your magic staff toward the paths ahead of you.

"Agadoo, agadoo, canadian bacon, find the path that must be taken!"

Your staff begins to glow as it shoots from your hand.

"Those weren't the right words," Lisa says as she pull up next to you.

"They seem to have done the trick, though," yo say as your staff starts tapping all the timbers in the bridge, sending many tumbling down into the canyon, and then follows them down, disappearing for a few seconds before returning to you. When you grab it, it begins to pull you along the edge of the canyon.

After many minutes you come across a downed log spanning the two precipices, considerably sturdier looking than the bridge. Again your staff flies away and begins tapping on the wood. Giving what you can only call a satisfied shake, it returns to you and stops glowing.

"Good staff," you tell it, then begin to blush after realizing what you just did.

The log is treacherous, but you and Lisa both make it across intact. Once on the other side, however, the roots that had held the log in place for so long give out shortly after you step off, sending your only means back into the inky blackness below.

"Welp, looks like its nothing but forward from here," Lisa says with a grimace.

You groan as you look ahead. Suddenly realize there is more to testing your magic abilities than what you will face in the Keep -- reaching the keep is a test in itself.

Before you lie three roads, each clearly labeled with a sign leading into the trees. What do you do?

---Take "The Path Of The Scholar"
---Take "The Path Of The Wanderer"
---Take "The Path Of The Innovator"

----------
Voting begins... NOW!

NOTES: Apologies for it being so late in the day, and a day late. I slept pretty much from the time I got off work to the time I went to work again yesterday, and I had check cashing/shopping/etc. to do today as well. Enjoy!

up
69 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

sounds right

---Take "The Path Of The Innovator"

option 2

I´d take path of Wanderer

Robin

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 18

Canadian bacon? You sure know how to ham it up---Take "The Path Of The Innovator"

----------/

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I would go for the path of

I would go for the path of the innovator as well. No only do you know how to ham it up, you are a good egg too. Breakfast, anyone?

CaroL

CaroL

Take "The Path Of The Innovator"

been pretty creative up till now....

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Another Tough One!

I'm going to go with the Innovator. Anyone who would create an incantation like that, is either going to be a spectacular innovator or the corniest damn wizard ever.

Wren

Or...

terrynaut's picture

both! :)

- Terry

Innovation!

terrynaut's picture

I say take the path of the Innovator. Weeeeeee!

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

Almost Unanimous So Far...

I'd have preferred the Scholar myself, but (as others were saying) after Lisa identified your spell as innovative, despite your having used the book as a source, I guess Innovator is the way to go.

Eric

Yeah, way to go for a landslide!

I agree, the path othe Innovator sounds best. However, I can't help but think that that student who disappeared has taken the path of the Wanderer and you could have found him there.

Then again, nothing stops the paths from crossing right? ;)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!