Odyssey II Part 10

Printer-friendly version

Part 10

James quickly reached and passed through the tree line into the marsh beyond. The closer he got to the water the soggier the terrain became. It didn't take him long to start sinking into the mud and stumble forward. Struggling to stay on his feet he kept going but stumbled and fell every few feet. The mud was so sticky it sucked the shoes off his feet as he struggled forward. His blind progress slowed until he was so mired he couldn't free himself from the muck. By that point he simply fell forward and started to cry like a little baby .

Krista and Tony followed at a more gingerly pace. Dodging the damp areas by stepping from tussock to tussock, they were able to make it to within a few feet of the trapped teen. Tony was starting to break through the crust into the muck beneath and had to halt before he became mired in the swampy ground. Being lighter than Tony, Krista gingerly managed to get close enough to James to put her hand on his arm in an effort to comfort him.

James jerked like he'd been scalded and screamed in fear when Krista touched him. All he succeeded in doing was to sink into the mud nearly to his waist. There was no way he could extract himself.

"It's okay," Krista soothed as she gently squeezed his muscled arm reassuringly. "We'll get help to get you out of here."

"I don't want to get out," James sniffed. "Just leave me alone. I came out here to be alone. I just want to die in peace."

"Whoa," Krista said. "This is my land and I'm not giving you permission to die here. Look, whatever it is that's bothering you can't be so terrible you want to die. It may be nasty and tough, but if you face your demons, you’ll be free of them. Believe me, I know about fears and how they can eat you up inside."

"You wouldn't understand," James cried. "I'm a freak and I can't keep on living. My whole life has been a fraud and a lie. I’ve tried to kill myself before but I’ve always failed. I’m nothing but a failure. I can’t even kill myself right! Look, I just can't go on. Please, let me alone and just let me die!"

"No can do," Krista declared. "Besides, I might understand. We noticed you following Kylie around. At first we thought you were stalking her, but we could tell by the way you were behaving you weren’t. Something about her has obviously upset you, but the question we don’t know is why?"

"Because she did it," James moaned.

Krista was perplexed. “What did she do?”

James then looked up to see it was Krista who had reached him and was trying to talk him out of killing himself. "You... you're Krista,” James gasped in surprise then looked around to see Tony waiting off to the side

“Hi James,” Tony said with a smile as he waved a greeting even though he realized it was a silly thing to do under the circumstances.

James automatically nodded and waved a muddy hand back at Tony.

“Alright,” Krista smiled with bemusement at the silly exchange of waves. “So what did Kylie do?”

“You know,” James answered as he turned back to look at her with the most forlorn expression she’d ever seen. “You're like Kylie."

"If you mean I'm a girl who was born in a boy's body, yeah you're right," Krista stated not sure where this was leading. "Are you upset because we've started correcting our birth defects to become the girls we really are?"

"Yes...no...I don't know...," James sniffled in obvious confusion and desperation. "I... just... can't..., yet... I am... damn... everything’s crumbling now. Look, I just want to die, please, just let me die!"

"James, I am NOT going to let you die," Krista declared. "You know enough about me to know that when I get involved with something, I'm like a pit bull and won't let go. I’m here. Tony is here. We’ll do everything we can to help you. Now calm down, take a few deep breaths, then tell me what's wrong."

James knew all too well about Krista’s tenaciousness. There was no way she was going to let him alone. Her stubbornness finally broke through James' wall of self pity and depression. Closing his eyes he took several slow deep breaths. After a few moments he looked up at Krista with whipped puppy dog eyes. "You'll hate me. Everyone will."

"I won't hate you," Krista promised firmly. "I don't even hate the man I killed. He was Tony's dad and Tony doesn’t hate me. A lot of people fear being hated for things that most people don’t even care about. Now tell me what's so bad you want to die."

"It's stupid and silly," James whined as he glanced at Tony.

"If you feel depressed enough to want to die it's not stupid and silly," Krista said as she realized James was afraid of revealing his secret in front of Tony. "Tony, go back to the barn and get a long piece of strong rope. We'll need it to get James out of this muck. Just make sure no one sees you."

"Gottcha," Tony said as he turned understanding the need for privacy and started to make his back through the swampy marsh.

"Tony’s gone. Now tell me what's so terrible," Krista demanded once Tony was out of hearing range.

"I... I... I'm not a boy... I'm like you and Kylie... I'm a girl stuck inside a boy's body," James sobbed. "I've tried to tell myself I'm crazy when I start feeling or thinking girlishly. I try so hard to be the boy I am, but it's all a lie, everything about me is a lie. I thought I was just a perverted freak. I didn't know there were others that felt the same way until you showed up. Then BAM, there's Kylie. Heck, I used to join the other guys in hassling her for being a sissy because I knew I was one. But I can't do what you and Kylie did. I can't just announce I'm a girl. My family would disown me at best or have me committed. Besides, look at how big I am! I'd make an ugly girl."

"There are a lot of tall girls who are pretty,” Krista stated. “There was a Disney movie about twin sisters who both went on to be pro basketball players. The movie was called Double Teamed. The girls were about six feet five. Then there is Lindsay Davenport and Maria Sharapova, both were over six feet tall and pro tennis players. All you need to do is stop your body producing testosterone and start taking estrogen. With a good workout program you could slim down as your body softens and develops curves.

“Fat chance of that ever happening,” James huffed. “My dad would kill me if he even suspected I was gay.”

“Whoa,” Krista scolded. “You’re not gay, you’re transgendered. Besides, there is nothing wrong with being gay. Kylie and I are girls and we have boyfriends. We are heterosexual girls, we just have birth defects that make our bodies look male. If your dad can’t handle it and tries to hurt you, you leave.”

“If he doesn’t kill me he’d throw me out,” James stated. “But I have no place to go. No one would take in a freak like me.”

“You are not a freak,” Krista sympathetically replied. “You’re a human being. There are people who would take you in. My family wouldn’t hesitate to give you a home.”

“The guys at school would beat me up,” James threw up another roadblock. “If they found out I’d have to drop out of school.”

“They know about me and Kylie,” Krista responded. “They don’t hassle me.”

“That’s because your dad is a deputy and your mom is the school nurse,” James pouted. “They say all sorts of nasty things about you and Tony.”

“It’s a free country,” Krista answered. “Anyone can speak their minds, most just show how ignorant they are when they do. Look, you can’t continue to live a lie. You said this isn’t the first time you’ve tried to kill yourself. People who try to live a lie do that a lot when they get frustrated. You heard Kylie tried to hang herself and she almost succeeded. Suicide doesn’t solve anything.”

“I know,” James sighed. “Most of the time I’m too chicken to try it and when I do I’m so angry and frustrated I mess it up.”

Tony returned just in time to hear the last part. “Is that why you drove into San Domingo Creek on Labor day?”

“Yeah,” James sadly acknowledged. “I’d been with the guys and we were drinking. They started going on about how Kylie and Larry were just a couple of fags and that it was too bad Krista wasn’t killed when she was shot. I couldn’t take it and got pissed so I told them they were a bunch of f...ing bigots. That set them off and we got into a shoving match. I was so upset I jumped in my car and took off. That’s when I decided to drive into the creek and drown myself. I was too drunk to think straight and where I drove in it was too shallow. Everyone just thought it was just an accident because I was drunk, which I was, but it wasn’t an accident. I just let everyone think that.”

“Look, James, whatever reason you have for trying to kill yourself, offing yourself won’t help,” Tony declared. “Tie this rope around your chest just under your armpits. Krista, come over here and help me pull.”

By the time Krista made it to Tony, James had the rope tied around himself. Pulling together, they managed to turn him around but were unable to free the boy. James gave up trying and fell forward sobbing piteously.

“Kylie, go get Leroy,” Larry ordered.

Tony and Krista jumped. Turning about they saw Kylie hurrying back to the barn as Larry made his way to the rope.

“Let’s give it another shot,” Larry stated as he braced himself and pulled on the rope.

With Larry’s brawn, they managed to pull James about a foot but James was like a dead weight. As soon as they relaxed the pressure on the rope, the mud drew him back in. After a short breather they tried again but with little effect.

Krista abandoned the rope and gingerly made her way back to James. “Come on James, you’ve got to help us out. When they pull, try to move. Don’t give up on us because we are not going to give up on you!”

James raised his muddy face up to look into Krista’s determined eyes. “I’m tired of trying,” James mumbled.

Leroy, Pat, and Kylie arrived. They joined Larry and Tony on the rope as Krista gently urged James to try.

Slowly, they were able to drag the boy out of the mire. Everyone was huffing and puffing. James just lay on the swamp grass and cried.

“Dad, let mom, Kylie and I get him back,” Krista stated. “James won’t try anything stupid again, will you?”

“No,” James said forlornly. “I’ve been stupid enough for one night.”

Tony and Larry wrapped up the rope while Pat, Krista and Kylie helped James to his feet. Leroy followed them at a discreet distance as they headed back to the tree line. Once back at the barn, the guys headed back inside while the women led James over to the house to get cleaned up. Outside they hosed James and Krista off, then went into the house. Pat ran upstairs to get one of Leroy’s robes while the girls led a soggy James to the powder room to disrobe so they could launder his clothes. Krista scurried upstairs to change into jeans and sweater as the night air was becoming chilled, especially once a person was wet.

As the washer began it’s task, Krista made some camomile tea for everyone. James sat at the kitchen table huddled in the robe with his head buried in his arms.

“James, the first step in getting this straightened out is for you to tell Kylie and my mom what you told me,” Krista declared as she worked. “You can’t hide from this any longer. It will drive you crazy or to start drinking or doing drugs. You told me and the world didn’t end. Tell them. We’ll all help.”

“I can’t,” James whispered from his hunched over position.

“James Ewell,” Pat scolded in that simultaneously harsh loving tone mothers are so adept at wielding. “You sit up right now and tell us what’s bothering you!”

James promptly sat up and sheepishly looked at Pat. “It’s too embarrassing,” he pleaded.

“James, Kylie and I are here,” Krista chided. “Do we look embarrassed?”

“No,” James whined as tears began running down his cheeks.

Pat immediately slid her chair next to him and wrapped her arms about him. James instinctively leaned into the hug.

“I... I’m like Kylie and Krista,” he finally managed to choke out in a terrified whispered.

“Okay,” Pat stated as she hugged him tighter in an effort to cover her surprise. “That wasn’t so terrible, now was it?”

James snuggled closer and whispered. “You don’t think I’m a freak?”

“Of course not,” Pat declared. “A bit surprised perhaps, but as you said, I have a daughter and a future sister in law who are transgendered. I also know that being transgendered is NOT a choice. It is a very real condition and there is only one practical solution, and that is what Kylie and Krista are doing. They are living THEIR life, not a lie. They are living what is right for them, not what their parents think is right. If you’re transgendered, there is only one way you’ll ever be happy, and that is to become the girl you are inside. You’ve tried to kill yourself for living a lie, so live the truth! Granted, it will be a bit more difficult for you to transition, but it won’t be impossible and you already have people ready to help you.”

“My parents won’t understand,” James moaned. “They’ll try to force me to be a boy or send me to a military academy if my dad doesn’t kill me first.”

“Not on my watch they won’t,” Pat declared. “If they can’t love you for who you are, it’s their loss. Leroy can get children’s services to protect you and we’ll see to it you have a home and support. Krista, please find your father and tell him he needs to make some phone calls. Kylie, please call Dr. Sykes and ask her to come out here ASAP. We need to make sure that Jamie is safe. Then call the Spades and ask if they could keep the kids overnight. If they can, ask Jane to come home.”

A timid smile appeared on James’ face. He had heard Pat call him Jamie. Jamie... he really liked the name. For the first time, now that he had a girl’s name, he felt a bit of resolve building to end the lie.

The girls set out on their tasks. Leroy made a call to Judge Watkins. The judge faxed a copy of a restraining order against James’ parents just in case. Dr. Sykes was already on her way. Kylie went back to the dance with Larry to round up Linda Sweeney as the dance was winding down. They took her to the house where she could see James was in no shape to drive but was in very good hands. As the kids left, none of them suspected what was going on in the house. Two of the teacher chaperones took Linda Sweeney home as Jane pulled her old van up to the house.

Dick and Ruth Ewell were not happy when they received the call from Deputy Scott asking them to come out to the farm. Leroy told them James was having emotional issues that prevented him from driving and that they had arranged for Linda to get home. Dr. Sykes arrived before the Ewells and was able to spend twenty minutes with James before they arrived.

Pat and Leroy walked down the porch steps as they saw the Ewells pull in. It was just a bit past midnight and everyone had left the highly successful Halloween Dance.

“What the hell did Jimmy do now,” Dick angrily demanded as he exited his truck. Six feet five inches tall and weighing in at two hundred and fifty pounds the well muscled man with biker tats and his graying hair pulled back into a ponytail knew he was a force to be reckoned with.

Ruth exited the truck from the other side and promptly asked, “Is Jim okay?”

Pat and Leroy exchanged looks of exasperation.

“Physically, James is okay,” Leroy replied. “But emotionally he’s terrified.”

“He’d better be freaking terrified,” Dick snarled. “We trusted him to take care of Linda and he couldn’t even do that right! What did he fuck up this time?”

“Mr. Ewell, I think you need to calm down,” Leroy stated calmly. “I’m in uniform and on duty. I’ve taken James into protective custody and will not release him until I’m sure he’ll receive the treatment he needs.”

Ruth was clearly upset and spoke. “If he didn’t do anything wrong why do you have him in protective custody?”

“James tried to kill himself,” Pat answered. “My daughter saw him leave the dance and followed. She saved his life.”

“I don’t believe that bullshit,” Dick snapped. “Why the hell would he want to kill himself?”

“Because he’s transgendered,” Dr Sykes declared as she came out onto the porch. “James is terrified of how you’ll react. I can see why.”

“So you’re saying my son is a freaking pansy like those abominations Kylie Masters and your so-called daughter,” Dick raged. “Bring the faggot out here and let him tell me to my face!”

Larry opened the door and stepped out onto the porch. Kylie followed gently tugging on James’ hand. Krista followed James holding his other hand. Jane came next. Tony exited last carrying a camcorder and moved to the side where he could cover whoever was speaking. James hung his head and sobbed, visibly trembling as he stood on the porch between Kylie and Krista. Larry stood protectively by Kylie and Jane by Krista as they faced the irate father.

Ruth gasped and tried to rush to her distraught son. “Jimmy, baby, what’s wrong?”

“Stay put, woman,” Dick ordered as he reached out a beefy arm to block her. “Jimmy, tell us this is a sick fucking joke! There’s no way in hell you can be a freaking faggot like them other two. Hell, boy, look at you! You’re a fucking man! Suck it up and get your sorry ass in the damn truck. NOW!”

Jimmy trembled as he drew in a deep breath and meekly made an effort to follow his dad’s orders.

“Jamie, you need to tell them,” Krista said as she refused to let go of his hand and held him in place. “If you go with them now, you know you’ll just wind up trying to kill yourself again.”

James stopped and shivered but kept his head bowed in submission.

“You thought Jamie’s car crash on Labor Day was an accident,” Krista spoke angrily to his parents as she handed Jamie’s hand to Jane to stalk forward to the edge of the porch It was obvious her Irish blood was up. “Yeah, he was drunk, drunk because he couldn’t take living the lie YOU expected him to live. The alcohol gave him enough courage to try to kill himself. Fortunately it also made him forget how shallow the water was where he drove into San Domingo Creek.”

“You did that on purpose?” Dick asked in disbelief. “You ruined a good fucking car because you hate being a damn boy? What the fuck is wrong with you?”

Jamie was embarrassed. Thirteen year old Krista didn’t hesitate to take on his old man. Anger flooded his being, building up his courage until he finally raised his head to glare angrily at his father. “What’s wrong with me is I’ve been trying to live the life YOU want me to live! Well, I hate it! I hate being a boy! I hate being your son! That wasn’t the first time I tried to kill myself either! You remember when I fell off the roof of the garage last summer? That wasn’t an accident. You were ragging on me so much I dove off! If the bush hadn’t been there I might have succeeded. Think back... how about when I was five and drank that anti-freeze? Or how about when I was seven and rode my bike in front of that truck? Or when I was nine and reached into the electric panel box? Or when I was twelve and took all those pain pills? Or when I was fourteen and fell off the boat out in the bay without my life preserver? Huh? Do you really think they were all accidents? Damn it, I’ve been trying to kill myself for as long as I can remember! I hate being a boy! But did you ever listen when I tried to tell you I didn’t want to play ball? No, you only care about me for the way I make you look! Well, dad, the freaking genie is out of the bottle. I’m a girl...a girl with a birth defect hanging between my legs! I’m tired of living a lie. No more, never again, I’ve never been a boy and I’ll sure as hell never become a man!”

“I don’t know what bullshit you’ve brainwashed my son with, but you’re not getting away with it,” Dick yelled at Leroy. “Jimmy, get your freakin’ ass in the truck! NOW!”

“I can’t allow that,” Dr. Sykes bravely stepped forward. “I was called here tonight because James tried to kill himself. As my patient, I will not release him into a situation that will only make the situation worse. You, Mr. Ewell, most certainly make James’ situation worse.”

“Well for your information, Dr. Smart-ass,” Dick sneered. “Jimmy is a minor and I don’t want you anywhere near my son! In fact, I’ll sue you and everyone else for kidnaping and child abuse!”

“Mr. Ewell,” Leroy stated as he stepped forward and held out a paper to the irate man. “This is a court order from Judge Watkins of the Talbot County Courts temporarily removing James from your custody pending a full psychiatric examination and investigation by County Children’s Services. As of this moment, James is under the protection of Talbot County Children’s Services.”

Dick snatched the paper from Leroy’s hand and hastily scanned it, then began ripping it up. “This is a bunch of bullshit and you know it! I don’t know what kind of a sick perverted game you’re playing here, but you haven’t heard the end of this! Ruth, get in the truck, we’re leaving.”

“But Jimmy is here and needs his mother,” Ruth hesitated.

“Woman, I told you to get in the fucking truck,” Dick yelled as he slapped Ruth in the face.

Ruth flew backwards five feet and slammed into the front fender of the truck before dropping to the gravel driveway.

“Fuck you, dad,” Jamie screamed at his father as he tried to charge the man.

Jane and Kylie would have lost him if Larry hadn’t stepped in front of him to hold him back.

“I told you I’d kick your ass if you ever hit mom again,” Jamie tearfully screamed as he struggled to break free. “Hitting me is one thing, but mom always does what you want and you still beat her. You’re no fucking man! You’re a chicken shit asshole!”

Before Ruth hit the ground Leroy slammed Dick against the driver’s door of his truck so hard the door dented. Momentarily stunned and with the wind knocked out of him Leroy snapped the handcuffs on his left wrist. Pat and Dr. Sykes were by Ruth’s side. She was out cold. They immediately began checking her for injuries.

Dick got his wind back and was cursing and struggling against Leroy. Leroy not only had to contend with the raging man, but had to keep their scuffle away from the women. At some point Dick managed to free his right hand and spun on Leroy, managing to land a solid right hook on Leroy’s jaw. Leroy shook his head to clear the bell that was ringing but managed to keep hold of Dick. The struggling pair soon tumbled to the ground and wrestled.

Accustomed to protecting her family, without thinking, Krista bounded off the porch and into the fray. Swooping in feet first almost as if she were a ball player sliding into home plate, she clipped Dick in the head with a foot. Momentarily dazed by the blow, Leroy was able to pin him to the ground although he still struggled wildly. Krista’s skid stopped when her chest was above Dick’s head. On automatic pilot she wrapped her arms about his neck in a firm headlock and began cutting off the air flow through his throat.

Fortunately Leroy had both of Dick’s arms pinned so he couldn’t reach up to free himself from Krista’s iron grip choke hold. In his agitated and exerted state, the lack of air quickly took it’s toll and his struggles lessened. Only when they stopped did Krista release her death grip and roll away. Leroy promptly rolled Dick onto his stomach. In a few moments, the cuffs were on. Dick was a match for Leroy, but Krista proved to be the winning edge.

Jamie tearfully bounded over to his mother just as she started coming around. Larry hurried to help Leroy with his prisoner. Jane hurried down to help Krista to her feet.

Leroy and Larry manhandled the dazed behemoth to the cruiser. After sitting Dick in the rear seat, Leroy read him his Miranda rights, then locked him in the back of the deputy sheriff’s car. Climbing into the front, he called in a report and asked for back-up.

Jane could see Krista was in pain but stoically bearing it. So as not to draw attention, Jane wrapped an arm around Krista’s shoulder and guided her limping gait up the steps and into the house.

“Gram, next time remind me it’s not a god idea to slide on gravel,” Krista winced once they were inside.

Once they were sure there were no major injuries, Pat and Dr. Sykes helped Ruth to her feet and helped her to the porch where they sat her on a chair. Jamie pulled a chair next to her and wrapped her in a hug. Pat retrieved a blanket and draped it over both.

Kylie headed inside to get some chamomile tea and an ice pack for Ruth’s face. She shook her head as Krista bit her lip. Jane was washing the serious brush burns on her leg with alcohol.

“You’ll need this if any of the guys come in,” Kylie smiled as she flipped a towel over to Krista

Krista smiled through her pain and snagged the towel with a nod of her head.

“Mom, I’m sorry,” Jamie sobbed as he snuggled her. “If I’d have known dad would hit you again, I wouldn’t have said anything. Mom I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, Jim,” Ruth said with a tender smile. “Or should I call you Jamie now?”

Jamie was stunned. “You mean you’re not mad I’m a freak?”

“The only freak here is handcuffed and locked in the back of the patrol car,” Ruth said. “I should have stood up to him long ago, but I was too weak and scared. Seeing you with the courage to stand up to him tonight was the most wonderful thing I’ve ever seen! Baby, if I’d have realized you were hurting so much you tried to take your life all those times... God... I don’t know what I’d have done if you’d have succeeded. Please baby, promise me you won’t try again!”

“I promise, mom, I promise,” Jamie cried as he hugged his mother.

As Leroy walked to the house he looked at Tony. “Tony, did you get everything?”

“Sure did,” Tony smiled pleased he was entrusted with the task of filming the confrontation. It was only now that the commotion had settled that he wondered where Krista was.

“Good,” Leroy nodded as he turned to Ruth. “Mrs Ewell, if you’d like to press charges I’d be more than happy to oblige.”

“I most certainly do,” Ruth agreed. “He’s bullied us for the last time.”

“I’ll contact Judge Watkins in the morning and have the protection order changed. I need to have you removed as a possible danger to Jamie and to include you as protected from your husband. Since he also assaulted an officer of the law, he’ll be held without bail until a hearing can be held. The earliest that can happen is Tuesday. That will give you and Jamie some breathing room to figure out what to do. If you need to move, I can get you a temporary home by tomorrow.”

“Thank you,” Ruth smiled as she clung to Jamie.

“We need to go to the hospital to get checked out,” Leroy stated as he rubbed his jaw. “The doctors need to document my injury and yours. If either of you been recently hit and have bruises, we can have them documented too. In addition, if there were any previous injuries that required medical treatment, we can pull those records up. The more evidence we have against him, the stronger the case will be. Judge Watkins is known to be harsh with abusive parents and spouses.”

The local police pulled up to the house and Leroy gave them a rundown of what happened. Leroy and the officer moved Dick from Leroy’s cruiser into the patrol car. In a few moments Dick was headed off down the road to the county jail.

It was only then that Leroy looked around for Krista. While glad for her help he was upset she put herself at risk. “Where’s Krista?”

“She’s in the kitchen,” Kylie replied. “Jane is cleaning up the brush burns she received sliding in to help you on the gravel.”

Pat, Leroy, and Tony almost pulled an old Three Stooges routine as they all tried to jam through the door at once. By the time the reached the kitchen, Jane was cleaning up the bloody gauze pads. Krista smiled sheepishly from her seat by the table with the towel placed modestly across her lap. Her right leg was covered from ankle to mid thigh with poviodine-iodine. The brush burns and small cuts were clearly visible.

“She’ll be a bit sore for a few days but she’ll be fine,” Jane explained. “I saw when she rolled away from the fight she’d been injured but she didn’t want to disturb what was going on so I went down to help her inside. The little imp had the nerve to tell me, ‘Gram, next time remind me it’s not a god idea to slide on gravel.’ I don’t think it’ll do any good though. When she sees someone needs help, she dives right in. I have a feeling we’re going to have to get accustomed to things like this.”

Pat was already feeling guilty for not realizing Krista had injured herself. “Are you sure you’re all right, Krista?”

“Yeah, Mom,” Krista smiled as gestured at her leg. “I’ll have to wear thicker tights for Sunday’s football game to cover this up.”

“Krista...,” Leroy began to scold then hesitated. “Oh damn, it won’t do any good to scold you.”

“I’m sorry, Dad,” Krista apologized. “I didn’t even think about what I was doing. It was a gut reaction. I saw you were having a rough time with an overgrown bully and you know how I feel about bullies. It just sorta happened.”

“I should have stopped filming and went to help,” Tony guiltily said. “I’m your boyfriend and I’m supposed to protect you.”

”You did the right thing by keeping filming,” Krista replied. “Besides, you better than anyone else should know how I feel about bullies!”

Tony remembered all too well his first encounter with Krista and unconsciously picked at his teeth to get the grass out. Of course, meeting her had definitely changed his life for the better and it seemed things with her would never be dull.

Hugs were exchanged and Leroy led Tony outside so Krista could get ready for bed.

*****

up
207 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good another first class

Good another first class jerk where he needs to be, in jail. Sadly and all too often, a protection order is "not worth the paper they are written on", because the person served with one will simply ignore it and come after the persons under protection. With Tony filming every thing, which I might add was a super idea of Leroy's; hopefully the judge will not allow any bail until trial an hopefully not even then. This person needs to be in jail or prison and the key thrown away.

It is unlikely he will be in prison too long though

He will be away to give breathing space but certainly he will be back in time for Jamie to be even less able to protect herself ( hormones, ya know. ) Sadly this is probably only round one and he will have to put down permanently next time as more than likely he will come after his 'enemies' armed. He is just that type.

Kim

Bullies

And the problem seems to be growing by leaps and bounds. The internet only gives them another venue as it gives the even more cowardly ones an easy way of bullying without fear of consequences.

It is a plague and I am glad Erin keeps the potential bullies on BC down to a minimum.

Yayyy Krista.

As far as Jamie goes, I think that she can do okay as long as she is not big boned and heavily framed. Girls can be tall, no doubt, I've seen some who are really tall but they are clearly women but heavy bone structure is a killer.

Kim

Odyssey II Part 10

That bully reminds me of one that I saw on the TV show Fairly Legal. Watch video and see if that cad doesn't fit the bill. http://www.hulu.com/watch/212442/fairly-legal-bo-me-once#s-p... And where did Larry come from? It was Krista and Tont who followed, then he appeared.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Another Nice Job By Krista!

jengrl's picture

Another nice job by Krista and Tony in recognizing that Jamie was in pain and following her and then nice assist in helping her dad subdue that no good piece of garbage. Since he assaulted an officer, he will be in jail for a while as Leroy pointed out. With the video evidence they should be able to file enough felonies against him to put him away for many years. I hope that Krista won't be put into a position to do to him what she had to do to Tony's father. Some inmate might take care of him after hearing him mouth off too many times. They really don't like people who abuse women and children.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Another Nice Job By Krista!

jengrl's picture

Another nice job by Krista and Tony in recognizing that Jamie was in pain and following her and then nice assist in helping her dad subdue that no good piece of garbage. Since he assaulted an officer, he will be in jail for a while as Leroy pointed out. With the video evidence they should be able to file enough felonies against him to put him away for many years. I hope that Krista won't be put into a position to do to him what she had to do to Tony's father. Some inmate might take care of him after hearing him mouth off too many times. They really don't like people who abuse women and children.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

My kind

of sister! Always rushing in head first to help someone in need! :}

Vivien

I had a woman friend when I

I had a woman friend when I worked in the Federal Bureau of Prisons who stood 6'5" in her stocking feet. She said she was the "baby" in the family, as her Mom was 6'7", her sister was also 6'7" and her Dad was 7'. I asked her where they were ever able to get clothing and she replied they always had to make their own as no women's stores carried sizes big enough for their height.(this was back in the 1970s-80s, so stores may now do so, but I don't really know). She also said the three women in her family did wear some items that were for men, like jeans and some tennis shoes, because they would fit them okay. She was a real treat to work with and that I had the pleasure of knowing. So Jamie does have a chance at happiness regardless of his present size. Janice Lynn