The Center: Tester - Part 4

Printer-friendly version

The Center: Tester - Part 4

By Blackout

Mact.jpg

Here is the Center: Tester - Part 4. Using as build up into the future.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I was on a great date with my boyfriend Ryan when suddenly during dinner he started feeling sick so we decided to leave. Then out of nowhere a sports car pulls in front of us and two strange teenagers jumped and it seemed like they were intent to hurt us. I was so scared here were these two freaks come out of nowhere and suddenly it seems they want to do us harm. The big guy named frosty lunged at me, I was scared for my life. He was big with bulging muscles and sapphire hair; the sapphire hair look was interesting, on a side note I should get my hair dyed sapphire at least once. Anyway here I was about to be attacked when my wonderful boyfriend and knight jumps in to rescue me. He was so cute when he was all protective of me. I was blushing bright red as he told me to run to the restaurant and get help. This is one of the many reasons why Ryan was the best boyfriend a girl could ever ask for he was just so reliable.

Anyway I ran to the restaurant and immediately tried calling the police on my cell phone.

Ok Mattie I told myself “quickly dial 911!”

….Beep….Beep…Beep. “Were sorry but your call can not go through”.

What was this I tried calling again and again but nothing, then I tried calling my dad but still. Nothing! I asked the lady at the register to borrow her phone. I tried calling for what seemed like hundred times, each time I was getting more and more worried. I decided that I should go see if Ryan had finished everything outside yet. He was athletic, strong, fast, and smart. I trusted my Ryan could handle those two by himself even if he was feeling sick. I looked out the window and to my shock In such a bunch of vans in the parking lot blocking people from entering or exiting. To my horror I saw the black men in suits everywhere, closing off the area. People were getting frantic it seemed like this was a terrorist attack. What I was most worried about though was Ryan. I could not see him anywhere. He would not have escaped without me so I assumed the worse.

It was time for me to find my way out of there. During all the confusion in the restaurant and people asking what was going on I took the liberty to slip in the back of the kitchen of the restaurant and out the back door. Luckily for me it looked like the cost was clear from the back entrance of the restaurant. I took off my heels and started to run as fast as I could to get out of this place.

“Hey you! Stop right there!”

Two of the men in the black suit where coming at me now. To say the least I was horrified. They had unfriendly faces and one of them was pointing this thing at me which looked like some sort of sensor gun.

“Hey Tony we have match, she is a pre-emergent” said one of the men.

“You’re sure Fred”.

“Yeah Tony the sensor never lies, will have to get her”.

I had no idea what they were talking about but they were after to me I ran as hard and as fast as I could no one was going to catch me, I ran cross country at school I would lose these guys because I knew the area like the back of my head.

They were still chasing me when I got to the road. Damn these guys were persistent. I did not know how much longer I could keep this up.

Luckily for me I did not have to. A good Samaritan seeing me being chased stopped opened the door quickly and told me to get inside. The guy was a friend of Ryan’s from school, he played soccer, and I was thankful to escape. He drove me home and I thanked him for saving me.

“It was just the right thing to do, plus Ryan is one of my best friends”.

After getting home I ran back inside and locked the doors I had no idea what was going on.

Dad noticed I got home early and asked what was going on so I gave him the details as best I could”.

He hugged me telling it was going to be ok and I just cried in his arms. It’s not everyday something like this happens to you.

After that my dad called Ryan’s dad. He talked on the phone with Ryan’s dad for about thirty minutes, every second I saw my dad frown more. Now I was extremely worried what the heck was going on. Why could I not use a phone at the restaurant? Who were the guys? And what happened to Ryan?

When my dad seemed to be done talking on the phone he walked over to me and put an arm around me to hug me.

“Honey the police say there was terrorist attack at the restaurant, I’m sorry honey but Ryan was killed. They were really cruel and violent apparently. We will have a proper funeral for Ryan later”?

“Tell me now DAD. How was Ryan killed? I need to know, he saved my life you know”.
Dad saw the determination in my eyes, he knew when I was like this I would not let it go. “I am sorry Ryan was shot and killed”.

I lost it right there. “They did what? How could anyone have done something that cruel to any human being? How could they have done that to my Ryan? I started sobbing uncontrollably.

Dad cuddled me in his arms and then carried me upstairs. He said he would stay with me until I fell asleep, and that he was proud of Ryan for protecting me, he even told me I would not be going to school tomorrow as I seemed to shook up, rightly so. She to relax the horror of the day washed over and I fell asleep.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning I woke up late in the afternoon, and refused to get out of bed until my dad forced me to get up, and shower, brush my teeth, and eat. I really did not want to do anything I lost Ryan, he was no longer alive how was I supposed to go on without Ryan, he always stood by me and acted like my knight, it was always kind of cute that he pretend to be my knight even if it was a bit childish now.

I went on in the day with dad and tried to take my mind off what happened. I was unable to it just hurt so much. My dad told me later he had to go to Ryan’s house to comfort Ryan’s dad apparently he was not taking this well at all either.

“But dad I don’t want to be alone” I complained.

“I know sweaty that’s why we arranged for Scott Pharm to come over and be with you”.
Scott Pharm was a kid the same grade as me and Ryan he was often sick and would not show up to school. He moved into the house across from Ryan’s about two weeks ago. He was kind of cool and the few times he did go to school all the girls seemed to fall for him, even me a little he just had this sort of atmosphere about him.

When my dad left and Scott Pharm came over and gave me a strange look. Maybe he was concerned for me because of what just happened.

“So how are you taking things Mattie”.

“Not well Scott, not well at all”.

“Yeah I thought as much”. That’s when things got strange he gave me this smile and I almost fell for him right there. I wanted to kiss him and give myself to him. I had just lost Ryan, why was I thinking those thought right now.

“Hey Mattie, I know what would make you feel better a kiss”.

No, I tried to resist with all my might but was unable it was that atmosphere about him he just attracted girls even if you did not want to be attracted to him. He came at me and the last second as I was about to kiss him, my mind was screaming no and something just connected my mind to my body again.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Don’t come any closer Scoot, you know I just lost Ryan!”

“Oh, Impressive you resisted my pheromones, it takes allot of mental strength to do that. Oh well covers blown I guess”.

With that he lunged at me I was about to scream but he put a rag over my moth before I could. I still tried to struggle but was unable to the rag was filled with some sort of chemical that was making me woozy. I tried with any strength left to protest, but then the world went black!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Commander sat at his desk reading through a bunch of files. His organization had plans to reveal emergents to the world. He wanted to create the perfect super soldier. Ever since he found out about the emergents he sought to learn more about them.
“Commander Arnolds Roth, Professor Kitner is on the line for you” spoke his secretary.
“Great put him on”.

The Commander was the head of the Magnum a very powerful organization. He had first found out about emergents a seven years ago and put allot of time and money into researching them.

“Hello Professor Kitner how have you been?”

“Good Commander Arnolds, I assume you were behind that attack on the restaurant that was in the news yesterday”.

“Yes that was all me, capturing dangerous emergents is what we are all about”.

“….good to hear, keep up the good work”.

“I will Professor Kitner, I most certainly will”.

It had been his group Magnum that attacked the restaurant”. This particular attack on the restaurant was for their Emergent Research department just one of their many departments that sought ways to achieve the perfect human being. They were strong believers in Darwin’s theory. The Emergent Research department was part of their effort to gain the perfect human super soldier.

The children that were emergents would develop powers went through a change in their sex as well as other characteristics. It was unclear even to them why this occurred. It was hypothesized by one of their best scientist though, that is was a needed change for the body to support the power obtained through the emergent.

Magnum existed to create the perfect Super soldier. Their Emergent Research Department was just one of their many branches. Just as he was smiling to himself he heard a ring from his private phone.
“This is Commander Arnolds, who is this?”

“This is agent Pharm I have secured the package and am bringing it over for delivery”.

“Excellent work agent Pharm, the girl will make excellent bait”.

“Thank you sir I will see you at headquarters”.

“That will be all agent Scott Pharm”.

Scott Pharm was one of the emergent they created; he loved working for them and agreed with their goals so there was no need to control him like some of the other emergent. His ability with pheromones was impressive. While he could not take complete control like a dominator his ability had a success rate of nearly one hundred percent when used to control those of the female sex.

They had agent Scott move across the street from a Ryan Hershel, one of their precognition emergent showed he was going to be a power mimic. Which was extremely rare and lacking at their facility. Unfortunately they made a mistake in the choice of who they sent to pick up Ryan and chose to emergent who did not perform to well. He had to try to quickly resolve the situation and send in more people to take care of the issue. Even more unfortunate was the fact that the center got to Ryan before him but it was not the biggest issue in the world. He had already managed to wiggle one of his guys into the center and with the perfect bait they would get their power mimic.

The reason they need this mimic was for Project U. Project U stood for Project Unlimited. It was believed that an ability that can copy all other abilities held the secret to achieving an emergent who could use all abilities of any emergent not just temporarily but forever. They had all thought he was crazy when he said he wanted to create the perfect super soldier, but he would prove them wrong all of them wrong, and when he was done he would show his work to the world, and they would hail him for creating the perfect human being.
For this they needed the Mimic and they now had the perfect bait!

up
145 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Fixing

Yes I am fixing it. I did plan for this to happen and had a plan B. So I am implementing plan B.

The Perfect Bait

So many of you asked what about Mattie and now you know. Now that Mattie is in trouble I have ideas of how they are going to use her. Rachael and Mattie are both in for a big surprise. Next story will be back to a Rachael story. This one was setting up for further along the line.

The story has been fixed. Editing will be up as always.

Oh I hope you guys like the idea I put in on children emergents would have.

Canon candidate? More like fanfic...

(Revised version of comment posted on original copy - while it's good that they're no longer millenia old or have infiltrated the US government, there are still many game breakers.)

While you've created an interesting and original hypothesis, as far as we know no-one knew anything about Emergents until about 15-16 years after the 'tainted water' incident. It was only when officialdom noticed several teenagers acquiring unusual abilities and undergoing gender changes that they came up with the idea of The Center, and started unobtrusive monitoring which revealed the connection with the 'tainted water'. Certainly I doubt the chemicals concerned have been around for over thirty years (required if children of Emergents also have abilities).

There's also the problem of a secret organisation that's unknown to the US government. When the US government itself has the ability to intercept and monitor all communications, it's pretty inconceivable that they wouldn't officially be aware of an organisation that had been around as long as Magtrinox, or know who their membership was. Never mind that a malevolent organisation hell-bent on world domination is so cliché. Bear in mind that apart from the bits of the world relating specifically to Emergents, the rest of the world is identical to our own.

In another story universe, or strictly as a fanfic, your scenarios could work. However if you want to aim for canon, I have a feeling you may be required to make significant changes. The previous three chapters were fine, and would probably fit in without too much trouble (as long as you imposed strict physical/mental limitations on the use of the mimic power, as well as the level of power available in mimicry: in other universes, mimics tend to gain weakened versions of powers, and have no innate knowledge of how to use them).

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Answered

First this organization was trying to create super powered humans originally. Second they are no longer hell bent on world domination. Third stop think the United states government is all powerful that just makes for a boring story there needs to be some strong enemy that gets past them to some degree or another and not just the syndicate. Yes the center did have some idea there was another organization as they knew people were coming to take Ryan they were unaware of magtrinox to some degree though.

Also the children of emergent was just hypothesis and tests on rats (I edited to make that fact more clear, thats what I meant from the beginning) no emergent has had a child yet of course. He did say later, as in when the emergent grew up.

The mimic power does have limitations which will be shown later on.

I pointed out that this organizations goals were the creation of a super soldier and announcing the super soldier and emergent to the world. Also they did have the data from the company the made the chemicals that got released in the water so it could be hypothesized they had some idea this would happen.

If there is anything else I am unclear about please tell me I do take suggestion to heart and appreciate feedback.

I don't think they would have millions of gallons of the water

I believe one of the points about the canon stories is that there is only so much of the contaminated water and all or most is now accounted for and or long since consumed. It is possible the govt has some of the water that was recalled and in lockup somewhere but the key IMHO is the supply is at best limited and or all used up and irreproducible. Maybe some element of the govt analysed it early enough -- IE before it decayed -- to have a fair clue of its makeup but so far no evidence suggests it has been sucessfully duplicated and or in any significant quantity.

It was a complex mix of biologicals and such thus unstable over time. Unlikely anyone would be able to exactly duplicate it. Having significant numbers of women being force fed the water overseas seems very unlikely at this point in time IMHO.

There are hints maybe some have had limited success in recreating the tainted water's formula in that we do have that one girl who emerged far younger than most and well into the main group of emergents. This is the one Luce saved from the baddies who had tried to control her.

Nothing wrong with fan fics, I do one myself in the Whateley Academy universe but as it stand now, this story seems a fan fic in Lilith's universe IMHO.

I DO like the story so far. Some tweaking might improve it. There are several loose ends that need attention, like who are these people and how did they learn of our heroine/hero and his girlfriend likely soon to eventually be HER boyfriend? But the overall story is interesting.

Please do continue. You show considerable promise.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Actually there have been

Actually there have been emergents as young as 8 when they emerged. So the government has known at least 8 or 10 years. I think they caught on when they had two of them.

The US government does not have the abiity to monitor and intercept all communication let alone process it. Even if they could do it for all digital/electronic/radio communications there is always just two people meeting. Then there are codes, cyphers...Big Brother is there but is not all knowing.

I seem to recall another story mentioning emergents who were too young compared to the rest but I forget which one so maybe I'm misremembering.

I don't think she's really a mimic eihter. She's a power thief or she would be using her own energy.

I like the story fine so far.

The Center: Tester - Part 4

So, now with three players in the field after the Emerged, will be most interesting to see what happens between the combatants.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

mimic power

What is the scientific bases for the mimic power. According to the rules all the powers have to be explained through science?

I removed most of it

I removed most of it that people had a problem with there is no longer anything up that anyone should have a problem with. I aim to please.

Heres the scientific basis for a mimics power the mimic comes into contact with said power user and is able to copy their ability by stealing some of their power or energy. This power of energy is taken and the mind is of the mimic is able to interpret that data temporarily and use the power of the emergent they copied. I other words they are using the energy and power they stole and their power will last for the duration of the amount of power they took. If they use to much of the power they took it will run out quicker in addition the power will just be used up as energy by the body if they don't use the emergents power at all. This will be explained in more detail when Rachael goes to Mr. Lions

Mattie Kidnaped

is the set up for later on in the story and lets just leave it at that. Mattie was kidnapped and this organizations true aim is Rachael right now.

Not good

Renee_Heart2's picture

For Matti or Rachel or for mimics every where I hope the cinter can get to Mattie before Megatrionix has a chance to do anything bad to Matti.
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

one last chance to play the knight

Don't worry this is giving Rachael/Ryan one last chance to play the knight in shining armor.

The revison seems much more in the spirit of the canon tales.

Even if it should fail to make it to canon, a nice story so far.

I was hoping a romance from pre-emergents might survive emergence,

We do have such one couple in canon but the supposed girl was actually an undiagnosed PAIS boy and became a biological girl on second emergence. Their friendship survived but not their sexual attraction.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. I wonder how many baddy groups or at least those not The Center are out there? It is clear that least a couple have loose connections between them as evidenced in several canon tales.

John in Wauwatosa

Already not going to be canon

No its not going to be canon and I can accept that. I talked to lilith and its considered fanfic not the end of the world.

In my opinion it seems the center universe has closed the most that will come of it anymore are fanfics. I could be wrong though. It seems more people are focusing on the comic retcon universe. But who knows, I tried to make it canon and also interesting but it seems to hard so I will just continue this fanfic for those who are enjoying this story. Maybe I can start a new universe to I got an idea for one but I would need some serious editing before I went anywhere after I write it.

Also yes I agree the part where that character went from girl to girl kind of annoyed me to. I do hope to keep it close to the canon though as going to far off the canon I would consider being rude, and I want to try to hold true to the spirit of the universe. BTW that story did not make canon the only stories that have made the canon that I know of our EOF's, maggie finson's, and of course lilith's. Thats to give you a idea of just how hard it is to make the canon. Everything else is fanfic which is cool. People can enjoy this anyway.

Still can't please everyone, but I will try anyway.

Good developing story. But

Good developing story.

But you might want to reread it before posting, to catch errors like this;

A good ??pedestrian?? seeing me being chased stopped opened the door quickly and told me to get inside.

pedestrian is a person walking, did you mean Samaritan? a person that helps ??

Thanks

D

thanks

I will edit.

I enjoy center stories..canon

I enjoy center stories..canon or not..This looks like an interesting start..
Hope Rachel and whatever 2nd emergant Mattie get a chance with each other.

alissa

Out of the frying pan into the fire

Jamie Lee's picture

Had the Center been able to talk with Ryan and Mattie before the jerks came along, perhaps Mattie wouldn't be in greedy hands right now.

There's an innate problem with either group creating the perfect human or solider, ego.

When the emergents are revealed to the world Governments will go nuts. Accusations will fly thick and heavy; threats will be garnered if these people aren't stopped; other countries will try to duplicate the same transition for their people.

Fear will run rampant in the general population because no one will know who has power and who doesn't. Everyone will be eyeing everyone else.

No one will know which 16 year old transitions so on every kids 15 birthday, the law will require every 15 year old to report for confinement until they are seventeen. Those who transition will be terminated to appease other Governments. This will be done after several countries demonstrated they would use the ultimate weapon to distort the threat.

Ego will not let anyone interfere with the plans of the perfect human or solider. These kids will be used to kill those who stand in the way of the goals. Other countries will retaliate and civilization as it's known ceases.

And how is the one group going to use Mattie as bait? Rachel has no idea where she is and they of the Center are not going to just let her go so she can save Mattie.

All this might be far fetched, but fear and ego will cause people to do awful things.

Others have feelings too.

I knew it!

Aine Sabine's picture

I knew she'd end up as bait. Though I'd have thought Kris would have had a team keeping an eye on her.

Wil

Aine