The Prom Statement Chapter 7

Printer-friendly version

THE PROM STATEMENT: Chapter 7
By
Nina Adams

BabetteFace1.jpg

In the heat of debate, Clarence makes a Prom
Statement that would change his life forever.

CONCLUSION CHAPTER

--------------------------Claire’s First Day of School--------------------------

As expected, the principal called my mother to a meeting at the school Friday afternoon. In addition to the principal, the attendees included Ms. Anderson, my chorus teacher, and the school nurse.

For the first part of the meeting my mother met with the group without me. The discussion lasted about 30 minutes, before I was allowed in to join them. I would later learn that Ms. Anderson was a strong advocate for me during the conversation.

Principal Grimes addressed me first.

“Clarence, your situation is a first for our school and we have never planned for this type of contingency. We often need to get involved in sexual orientation issues when they cause difficulties for individual students, however we have never had a student that requested to change teams, so to speak. Are you sure that is what you desire to do? This is a very major request.”

“Principal Grimes, I would be lying if I told you I am not at all scared, but I know this is a path that I need to take. I am Claire, and I no longer feel comfortable being Clarence.”

“You know that no matter how much we watch over you, there will be students that don’t accept what you are requesting. Some insecure students will probably attempt to make your life difficult. We can only do so much. We will support you, and we do not want the situation to be disruptive.”

“I wouldn’t be here if I really didn’t think it was absolutely necessary. I do not want to cause a scene or be the center of a controversy. I just want to be me.”

“Okay then. We will have to make some adjustments here at school, but beginning next week you have our authorization to attend as Claire. It’s possible that some parents may have an issue with this and we will do our best in dealing with that. You will likely get plenty of attention, but if this turns into a circus we will have to reconsider the situation. Are we clear?”

“Yes, crystal-clear. I will try and blend in with a minimum of fanfare. Thank you.”

“Ms. Anderson has volunteered to be your school point person for issues that may arise. For the next couple of weeks I would like you to check in with her before school every day. If you need to use a restroom for any reason, please use the one in the nurse’s office or see Ms. Anderson to use the one in the teachers lounge area”

“Thank you Ms. Anderson. I appreciate everything you are doing for me.”

I left the school knowing that I had turned another page in my unusual saga. I think my mother was more excited than even me. I was happy, but I also felt numbed by the realization that I was now a girl for all to see.

“Claire, this is going to be a busy weekend. Besides your work commitment at the boutique tomorrow, we have to find time to fill out your wardrobe and for you to call some of your friends on the phone.”

My first call was to Max. He was very happy to hear from me and I was pretty sure he was going to be happy to hear the news. In some ways he had been enjoying my experience as much as I had. I assumed that he would find the news wonderful. I was a little dismayed that he did not take the news in a completely positive way. His words and his tone of voice reflected a somewhat restrained viewpoint. He said he was happy for me, but I could sense some reservations. Until now, I think for him it was more of a game. He knew how convincing I was, but I could tell he was somewhat stunned that I would never be going back to being Clarence. He said he would support me all the way, but I expected more, since I was now going to be the girl he so desired.

After I hung up the phone, I had a hard time trying to figure out why he was not more thrilled. Maybe it was that his best friend had come out to the world, and he agreed to take me to the Prom. I guess in his mind, he was thinking how it might affect him. Whatever the reason, I was a little disappointed in his response.

I called a couple of my other chorus club friends and broke the news to them. I received a couple of cools and wows, and they both said they were behind me. They were appreciative to be the first to find out. By the time I had called my third friend from chorus, he had already heard the news. It was clear to me that by the time I went to school on Monday, virtually anyone who knew of me would know what was going on. When I realize that my friend Hank already knew, I told him to pass the news long.

While I was making calls from my cell phone, Rachel called me on the house phone. She got her mother to shorten up our work schedule for Saturday, so that Rachel and I could go over to old Orchard shopping center and pick up a few new things for me. She even said her mother wanted to pay for the first new outfit that I bought as a gift on my re-birthday.

The whole weekend went by like a blur. Spending the day with Rachel at the boutique and the mall was spectacular. Knowing that this would be an open-ended adventure just added to the pleasure I was feeling. When we were at the mall, I spotted a few guy friends from school, but I don’t think they knew who I was. They looked at Rachel and I, as just two hot chicks doing some shopping. There was no question that I was feeling all-girl, but it still seemed a little strange to know that those guys were attracted to me. I had certainly crossed the line with Max, but it was still an area I needed to explore more of my feelings.

On Sunday my mother and I also did some shopping, but mostly for more practical items, like feminine bathroom products and some cosmetics appropriate for school. By the end of the weekend I had everything a girl my age should need. I even laid out the clothes I would wear on my first day of school as Claire. I decided to wear some stylish slacks with a vest and my wedge styled Mary Jane shoes. I also planned to wear a small amount makeup, so that there would be no doubt I looked like a girl.

I got up early to get myself ready and to leave enough time to see Ms. Anderson before the first bell. It was probably a good thing that I got there early, because I received quite a few stares as I made my way into the school. Most of the students who looked at me chose to say very little. There was one jock that I knew, and all he did was shake his head back and forth. There was nothing ugly immediately said, but my first impression was mostly a cold shoulder.

Ms. Anderson gave me some papers that I needed to take home for my mother to fill out, but most of our time was spent just making sure I was ready for the day ahead. Her positive attitude made me feel better. After everyone had settled into their chairs in homeroom, Ms. Anderson made an announcement to the class that I was now to be referred to as Claire. It was mostly informational and if any of the students needed to talk about it, she encouraged them to see her after class.

The same ritual was followed in most of my other classes and by the afternoon it almost seemed unnecessary. A few of my closer friends came over and talked to me, but most of those conversations were very superficial. Everywhere I walked through school I received roving eyes, but few words. It was clear to me by the end of the day that my warmest response came from the girls I knew, both in chorus and in my other classes. Some of it may have been curiosity, but a few of them genuinely welcomed me into their world. I even made a study date with a girl I knew from chorus for Tuesday after school. Nina had I had only been casual friends in chorus; but I appreciated her reaching out to me when I needed a friend. We decided that after school on Tuesday we would go to the library together.

My mom was anxious to hear about my day at school and I filled her in on mostly good news. It was a stressful day, but all things considered I managed to get through it. I knew I had a rough road to travel and that there would be many bumps ahead. I hoped that each day would become a little less stressful and that I would not be such a center of attention. I just wanted to be another girl and not some freak. At first I thought it might be better to keep a very low profile, but that was the old Clarence thinking, and not the new Claire. I decided to try and be a little bit more social.

My relationship with Max continued to be strong, but he seemed more cautious about showing me affection around our schoolmates. He remained very friendly, but seemed very careful not to reflect that we were an item. I was a little disappointed, but I also knew he must have had a lot going through his head. I didn’t push him hard, because at this point any support was good support.

I had a great time with Nina at the library on Tuesday and I could tell I had a new friend. She asked me a bunch of questions, some of which, I did not know how to answer. She seemed to accept me for who I was and not some weirdo. She also seemed to have a pretty good pulse for what some of the other kids were thinking. She pointed out a few kids to avoid and also mentioned a few that were very cool with what I was doing. We agreed to continue getting together and she said she would have my back. When we were done for the afternoon I gave her a big hug.

With each day I became more accustomed to my new self. I could also feel the effects of the hormones circulating through my body. Within four weeks my sensitive breasts began to ever so slightly swell. I think there were other physical changes, but they were not so obvious. As a result of the hormones and the tight physical constraints of my foundation ware, my remaining manhood was beginning to shrivel. It was not dramatic, but it was not that big to begin with.

I continued to see Dr. Robin and she helped me with the many issues I was experiencing in my transition. We talked about my immediate concerns as well as what to expect down the road. I enjoyed our one-on-one because nothing was off limits. I knew that anything I would say would be between just us. I asked her if she had had other cases like mine, and she said no two-transgendered individuals are exactly alike. We all seem to share certain desires and passions, but most of our stories are very different. She admitted, that my rapid realization was unusual, but that she believed that I had probably just been repressing it during my earlier years. It was obvious to both of us that Claire was more outgoing and happier than the Clarence that preceded her.

Max and I continued to get together on the weekends and about three weeks before the Prom, our classmates found out that he would be my Prom escort. When we originally made our pledge to go to the prom together we knew it would be difficult. Despite that, I don’t think either of us expected it to go quite like this. As soon as people knew that we would be attending together, some of the pressure was deflected over to Max. He received more than a few disparaging comments, including some about his sexuality. He knew the comments would be coming and to his credit he remained firm. The dance was just around the corner and we were on the home stretch for our Prom statement.

The school had received a few calls from concerned parents, but the principal had managed to keep it from becoming a circus. One set of parents even said I should be kicked out of school. There were only a few more weeks of school, which probably helped maintain the school’s resolve.

I spent every Saturday at the bridal boutique with my aunt and cousin. I think it was my favorite part of the week. I loved being around the beautiful dresses and spending time with my cousin. I had finalized my gown pick for the prom and my aunt had it altered to fit me perfectly. I knew I looked like an attractive girl at school, but I was so excited to show myself off as a thing of beauty. It wasn’t enough just to attend the Prom; I wanted my prom statement to look and feel perfect.

The night of the big dance my mother cried when she saw my finished product. Lulu had styled my hair for the occasion and every inch of me had been prepped and polished. My makeup was flawless and my manicure and pedicure matched my look to perfection. These past few weeks had resulted in an amazing transformation, but now, I just felt like a girl getting ready for the Prom. It was a special feeling that a girl would only experience once. For me it was probably more special, but I finally knew how Rachel must have felt last year. My mother took a few pictures so I would never forget the moment.

Max picked me up right on schedule and gave me a white flower corsage that smelled divinely. The look in his eyes as he first gazed upon me was absolutely priceless. The look in his eyes was that of total approval. He could not take his eyes off me, and his massive smile radiated from his face. That reaction made all of the preparation worthwhile. Max looked handsome in his custom black tux. He had a color-coordinated cummerbund to match his bowtie. To anyone looking at us, we were a traditional couple with great style.

I remember the feeling entering the grand ballroom at the Renaissance Hotel. I turned many a head, but not because of my birth gender, but rather for my graceful beauty. I took great pleasure in seeing so many leering eyes. I was happy to be there with Max, but I felt like a queen with all the positive attention. I received many compliments from my new group of girlfriends and even ended up dancing a few extra tunes with some of my guy friends from school. It was a perfect evening that even exceeded my expectations. A group of us went out for a late-night after-hours virgin cocktail which was a fitting cap for a beautiful evening. I was on cloud nine when Max brought me home at about 1 am. The good night kiss sent chills down my spine and left my heart racing at a million miles an hour.

My prom statement had reached its crescendo and my metamorphous was now virtually complete. What started as a moral debate had ended as a new and improved lifestyle. I had bloomed into full splendor from a long dormant seed. A greater passion for life pulsated from the woman in me that had emerged.

____________________________________

Epilogue:

The remaining few weeks of school moved along slowly, but I would not have traded in that time for anything. It was the first time in my life that I felt special. The day that I graduated was a proud moment for me and for my mother. She got a great picture of me smiling as I received my diploma and they read off my name “Claire Alexi Adams.”
Only about one year has past since passed since my magical Prom. I am now a freshman in the school of Art and design at the University of Illinois in Urbana. I still am a very good friend with Max, but we are no longer dating. That was probably more my fault as I was just learning about the amazing possibilities in my life.

I still love music and I am the lead singer in an alternate rock and pop band on campus. We just cut our first demo CD and a couple of our songs have become very hot on the Internet. I am hopeful that we will hit it big, but in the meantime I am excited to be studying fashion design.

The hormones have taken over my bloodstream and my body has gone through quite a change. I am still on the thin side, but my hips have widened out and I have a very natural C cup pair of breasts. I hope to complete my journey over the summer and my mother and aunt are making all of the arrangements.

Rachel is also down here at school and we are roommates. Though she is only my cousin, she seems more like my twin sister.

The future holds so many possibilities.

The End

---------------------------------------------------

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ALL FEEDBACK--- MY STORIES ARE PURE FICTION, BUT ARE BASED UPON ACTUAL EVENTS IN MY FANTASIES….

up
208 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good, you left room for more!

I hope you continue this. Obviously, the Prom is over, and you covered that pretty well. Things went fairly smoothly, but will they continue to go that way? You left a great deal of possibilities, for which I am extremely glad! I enjoyed "A Prom Statement", and I hope to read more from you, and maybe more of Claire's story!

Wren

THE PROM STATEMENT

Nina: Well are we going to get a book two of the continue of Claire's life? Richard

Richard

Sweet Story

littlerocksilver's picture

It was nice to read something that didn't involve a lot of serious conflict. Reality in this world is probably a lot different; however, I'm glad her transition started so smoothly. That does beg several questions. What is in store for her future? Will we know? And, the kudos worked for the first time.

Portia

Portia

The Prom Statement Chapter 7

Do any of her college friends know about her? Is she involved in an clubs, sorority ?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

nice ending

Wonderful ending, Will miss Claire but wonderful place to continue if you want to.Thank You

Claire and Her Prom

It is an interesting story and Claire and interesting person.
It would be nice to read more about her.

max and Claire

not every girl ends up marrying her prom date, and so I guess they don't either. But I feel kinda bad for Max, he's not going to find a special woman like Claire again (and I'm not talking about her trans status)

"You can survive a couple of weeks without food. You can survive a couple of days without water. You can even survive a couple of minutes without air. But you cannot survive for even a minute without hope."

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

So maybe I missed it

but did Claire save a sperm sample? It would provide an option for biological children.

Kim

The Prom Statement.

The prom statement made by Clarence and Max had come to fruition by Clarence the caterpillar turning into Claire the beautiful butterfly. It was disappointing to see that Max and Claire were no longer dating, but I can relate, as my boyfriend, or that is what I thought of him as, also went his separate ways too. I am happy to see that Claire has Rachel for her roomie, and that Claire is in a local band.

There is one comment here though that I wish to challenge.

Why on earth would a person wanting to be female, and this experience brought that latent feeling out, want to give a sperm sample? I know I wouldn't. I don't know about the rest of you, but anything male about this body is gross to me, including the body fluids it produced. I am so glad that I never had to worry about it though, because my orchiectomy was performed when I was 10 at the urging of my psychiatrist.

As for a book 2, I don't know that there should be one. This was a story about a prom statement by two boys who were challenged by their parents to attend as a convenstional couple, and they did, but only one decided to take it further for the rest of her life. The story The Prom Statement is full and complete, and ended on a happy note. Why does there always have to be a sequel with everybody? Can't you just leave a story finish as is?

Anyway Nina, this was very good story and I enjoyed reading it from the first word to the last. Thank you so much for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

I agree with Barbara,

ALISON

'the saving of sperm only means that in the end you are both mother and father to the resultant child
unless you get the surrogate mother to rear it.Very nice if you are in a relationship with another girl,
but if Claire went back to Max I really can't see the point in the exercise.This has been a story that
has kept my attention from day one and I have enjoyed it as a stand alone story from the statement to the
Prom and the resulting transition.An excellent work.

ALISON

I really like this fantasy.

The premis of the story is pure fantasy, but you carry it over very well because of your writing skill. I am happy that you wrote it and I took the time to read it.

Much peace

Khadijah

Good one Nina

A lot of TG transition stories where teenagers moving through high school, college and then hormones/RLT, etc follow the same old, same old, story line.

I thought your story was different, no sex, no abuse, some interesting little side turns from shopping eg. the Bridal shop, the pics were great, (But I was looking forward to seeing the prom gown?)

All in all a nice story.

Thank you Nina.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Great story hun

Renee_Heart2's picture

I loved this story I'm glad things went off with out a hitch at school there always some bigots espicioly at school. At least Clare got through them & got through school.

Clare & Rachel are Room mates at college how cool! Clare now has a big sister (adopted) but a family member to help her out at school espicaly with fasion & design her time at the boutique was valuble. In this area.
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Second Read

Although I loved this story the first time I read it, my second read resulted in loving it even more. I truly hope that we hear more from Claire!

GeenaGurl in MA

GeenaGurl in MA

The Prom Statement

I have just finished reading the story, I know that you requested a comment after each episode but I did not start reading until after you had finished writing.

I have very mush enjoyed the story and I wish to thank you for your effort. I just wish I could write as well as you do.
Thanks.

Sassallann

I really enjoyed this story.

I really enjoyed this story. The dialoge was pretty good but could be a little more natural. The characters were great though. And I hope you continue with this story.

more please

i love this story and would like it if you continued it with her college life , her wedding and some other thing s to go with that

OMG

Renee_Heart2's picture

I LOVED this story. I like how mom saw something Clare didn't but by saying she was going to go with her best friend max (he & his at the time) both mom's cousin & aunt took the bull by the horns & turned Clarence into Clare in a matter of weeks with some resistance from Clarence. In the end though her good grades got her into fasting designe school with her cousin Rachel & are room mates helps. They deffently transformed the catipiller into a beautiful butterflt. Look forward to more.

Love Samantha Renee Heart