At Last ‘A Life’ ~ Chapter 40

Printer-friendly version

At last ‘A life’
By Julie D Cole
Chapter 40 Question answered

What could I say?

‘Sally please you don’t expect me to answer that really do you?’ ‘Of course I hardly know James and maybe it is just intrigue or just that I feel flattered or even that I am having feelings that I can’t control.’

‘With you it’s different. I never expected this situation and I have really become very attached to you and I like to be with you. It feels like I’ve known you for years not days or weeks.’

‘Can you have patience with me a little longer and can we enjoy our time together because I’m just surprised that you are attracted to me and you’ve given me a new found confidence.’ ‘Will you accept that I do love you more than I love James and not feel jealous and accept my weird situation until I can come to terms with it.?’

It was deathly quiet in the car so obviously Gary and Julie were listening..

Sally looked at me and squeezed my hand and then she smiled as tears filled her eyes. ‘I’m sorry but I got very jealous today and to see James kiss you made me feel upset.’

‘Please understand that I was pleased to see James today but it was a surprise. I didn’t invite him and didn’t even consider inviting him so I don’t know how he’d found my address.’

Sally said she knew how because Josh was on duty as security at the nightclub in Birmingham after the skirmish and we had all provided our names and addresses when the manager was called. It was Josh who persuaded the Manager not to get the police involved because he knew James.

I didn’t remember Josh but Sally did because Jessica had been chatting him up and joked about it back home in the apartment. Then she said did I know that James girlfriend had worked at the nightclub when she first met him and that she was Josh’s cousin. Sally said that she still might be chasing James and to take care because she might also still have contacts who would give her my address.

She also reminded me that we’d used my credit card to pay the entry fee at the nightclub so it might not be Jessica. I was still sure she was involved and I the credit card Company had asked me to confirm where I had last used the card that was in Birmingham at the hotel and at the nightclub.

I still felt it was Jessica and intended following my original plan to discuss with Kate Harper. I couldn’t forget her sneer when she’d said I deserved everything that was coming to me.

Julie then piped up ‘Have you two kissed and made up yet or are we going to have to suffer all the way home? It made us smile. and so it was a good excuse and I’m not sure who kissed who then. I just closed my eyes and said ‘Oh James you are so sexy.’

I got a thump for that but it was worth it to lighten the conversation.

We were soon home and mum had gone to bed early so Sally and I left Julie and Gary to relax in the lounge and we went upstairs. We soon snuggled up in bed and I asked Sally why she felt that she loved me since our relationship was not conventional. She said that I was kind and gentle and she preferred that to the aggressive male type. I asked if she’d had relationships with any girls as she grew up and she said ‘we all do we are not like men where we feel guilty to show feelings to close friends.’

I asked if she viewed me as a man or woman and she said ‘Is that your revenge because I asked if you loved James more than me?’

I sighed and said ‘Well a bit but really I’m now in a situation where I like living as a girl but I don’t know if this can be permanent or not or where it might lead.’

‘Sally when you look at me what do you think? Am I a freak or a geek or what?’

‘Well I must say you are not a freak or a geek but you are a nice curiosity. I see a person that I like who has been very kind to me’.

‘What do you see when you look at me?’

‘I see you and even before we went to Birmingham I didn’t relate to you as a man but as you. I didn’t know you but you seemed nice and I did feel you were quiet and shy but now you aren’t. By the way did I tell you that you have very feminine eye lashes?’

‘Mmm I wish that I had real boobies and a nice bum like you. My bum is too small and I wish I had better shape.’

Sally tickled me and said ‘OK that’s enough of this you are just fishing for complements. You know that I have already fallen in love with you.’

‘Did you ever fancy a girl at school, or even a boy for that matter?’ ‘Well I did look at girls a lot and yes I was even approached by a boy.’ ‘But I was too shy.’
‘What do you think of Kate Harper?’ Do you fancy her?’

‘Well I must admit she is a looker and she is very strong and I like her dress style.’
‘Oh so you fancy her then?’ ‘Do you think that she fancies you?’

‘Don’t be silly she is my boss.’ ‘I like her a lot but she doesn’t seem to be the type that would fancy a man who wears a dress’

‘You don’t mean that. You know that is not you. My feeling is that you were different and now I feel you were always more female than male.’

‘ I like it here with you and I already feel like I’ve known you for years. Your sister is very nice and Gary too. I can’t believe your dad would ever leave a super mum like you’ve got. I wish that I’d had a closer relationship with my mum.’

‘What about Jessica. Do you think she hates you or does she like
to dominate you or do you think that she fancies you too?’

‘Well I think she does have a strange personality. At first I liked her because she was confident but then I realized she wasn’t as experienced as she made out and she couldn’t answer questions so I found that I had to help her. But she always seemed to take the credit.’ ‘She did like to humiliate me but I don’t know why because I never did anything to her.’

‘Well I know her and I’ve talked to Mary Jo about her because she’s known her longer than we’ve known her. She says that she is insecure because she was adopted when she was young and that she then became very aggressive at school and was often in trouble. She calmed down when she found her real family and traced her mother.’

‘Was her mother still alive then?’

‘Yes I think so and I think that there is some connection to Kate Harper.’

‘What do you mean some connection?’

To be continued…..

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

At Last ‘A Life’ ~ Chapter 40

I love the way the you keep on spicing up the story with these cliffhangers. You keep on surprising me and that makes this story a real fun read.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thank you Julie,

ALISON

'you have caught us again,you are very good at that! But at least Chrissy has cleared the air
with Sally.Going to be very interesting from hereon.

ALISON

Hmmm so there is a connecton

Hmmm so there is a connecton between Kate and Jessica the plot thickens

Looking forward to more

Claire :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Kate is somewhat older, somewhere in her thirties if I recall...

Is Kate Jessica's mom? IE If she was pregnant as a very young teen and gave her up for adoption it could be. Or are they sisters/half-sisters?

The credit card problem is interesting. A LOT of fraud occurs when the card ia out of you hands and sight when paying the bill in a restarant or bar. So it might not be Jessica but her several veiled threats and Jeckyl-Hyde act still point her way.

Her being fostered and having become a bit mean/competive/wild as a teen explains some of her odd behaviour. Still it doesn't excuse it or the way she uses/abuses people. If she and Kate are lovers/long separated sisters or mom and daughter, ANY of those relationships could be grounds for both being dismissed from the firm. Kate DID promote her over a much better qualified candidate -- our hero/heroine -- and many in the office agree Jesisca is not doing well at all in her new possition of authority.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Your good memory

Jules
I think you will make a good detective and I am pleased to see your analysis. I daren't make any mistakes now.
Julie

Jules

Would Kate jeopardize her company for nepotism...?

Ole Ulfson's picture

From what we've been told about her so far, I'd say,"NO!". But "Agatha" hasn't told much. So, we'll see.

Sally accepts Chris more as a girl than as a boy (Lucky Chris) it seems. But then what could be better than being in bed wearing a flimsy nighty whilst snuggling and kissing the girl you love as she loves the whole package?

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

Good God Lady!

How am I ever supposed to get to bed with cliffhangers like these?