Boys Will Be Boys - 6

Printer-friendly version
Boys Will Be Boys
by Saless
Chapter 6 - Reconciliation

Last time...
I didn't give her a chance to use it as I lifted the chair up over my head and brought it down on hers as hard as I could. She dropped like a ton of bricks! I held the remains of the chair in my hand for a moment, unsure if she was conscious or not, then dropped it. I grabbed the glass of milk out of the dumbwaiter and ran into the bathroom. Dumping it out, I filled it with water and threw it into the fire. It took at least ten trips, but I finally put the fire out. Once that was done I ran for it!

Marcie just sat there staring at me for a while after I was finished. Then, shaking her head slowly, she said, "And how is that not impressive?! That's like something Michael Westen would do!"

"Yeah, right!" I snorted. "Michael Westen would have been out of there in ten minutes flat!"

Marcie started to say something and then stopped and stared at me oddly. I was just about to ask her what she was staring at when she said, "You used to take compliments a whole lot better than that."


"Huh?" was my confused reply. I might have said more, but a doctor walked in just then.

"I can understand why that might be." he said. "Hi John, I'm Dr. Sternlin, I performed your surgery yesterday. How are you feeling?"

"Uh, okay, I guess." I replied, trying to figure out his first comment.

"Good! I just wanted to come down and see how you were doing. Are either of your parents here?" he said.

I shook my head, "No. My Dad died a long time ago. I'm not sure where my Mom is right now."

He frowned and said, "Well, I'll need to talk to your mother soon, then. Please let her know I'm looking for her when you see her, okay?"

I nodded, "Okay."

After he left Marcie turned back to me and said, "I hope Mom was able to find out if your mom knew what was going on or not."

"Me too. I really hope she didn't!" I said, trying not to tear up at the thought.

Marcie hugged me, "I'm sure she didn't." I didn't think she was as confident as she sounded, but I appreciated it anyway.

We went back to talking about whatever until Mrs. Donner got back. When she did she had Mom with her. "Is it okay for us to come in John?" she asked. I nodded reluctantly and they walked in. Mom started towards me, but Mrs. Donner said something and touched her arm and she stopped. She looked kind of sad.

"So, we had a long talk and I'm convinced that your mother didn't know what your aunt had in mind." Mrs. Donner said. "So give her a chance to explain herself, okay?" I nodded again but I still wasn't sure what to think. Of course she'd deny it, right?

"Oh John, I'm so sorry about all this!" Mom said tearfully. "I swear I had no idea your aunt had anything planned but getting to know you and maybe become friends. That's what I wanted, not...this!" she gestured around us at the hospital room.

"But I heard her talking to you..." I said. I really hoped she had an explanation for that one!

Mom nodded, "I did call her, several times. But she never said anything about what she was doing to you! She always said you were out with friends when I asked to talk to you. I was starting to get worried and asked her why you were always away when she had been talking about spending so much time with you. She never really answered that question to my satisfaction, so I came home early. I was worried you two weren't getting along, but I never imagined she was trying to turn you into a girl!"

"But on the phone she talked about how well I was taking to her 'training' and stuff!" I said.

Mom shook her head helplessly, "She wasn't talking to me at those times. She never said a word. I'm very happy with you honey, you've always been such a good boy. You don't get in fights except when you're protecting someone else and you clean up after yourself. And you care so much for other people. I love you just as you are!"

"Really?" I said hopefully. She seemed sincere, and Mrs. Donner believed her. Could I?

"Really!" she said.

Before this my mom had never lied to me, that I knew of anyway, so I thought maybe I should trust her now. Besides, I really didn't want to believe she had anything to do with it anyway! I held my arms out and she ran to me, with a warning from Mrs. Donner to be careful of my broken ribs. She wrapped me up in her arms like I was made of glass, but it was still the best hug ever!

After that she wanted to know everything that had happened and I let Mrs. Donner and Marcie tell her what they knew while I spaced out. I didn't really want to think about it anymore.

I must have been more tired than I thought, 'cause the next thing I knew the room was empty. The only sound was the beeping of the machines I was still hooked up to. It was eerie, but there were other times it got this quiet during the night so I didn't think anything of it.

I was just thinking of going back to sleep when the door was suddenly slammed open. The light from the hall was so bright I couldn't see anything at first, but I heard a crazy sounding laugh.

"Did you really think you could get away from me that easily, Joan?" the figure at the door cackled. She sounded crazier than usual, but I'd recognize aunt Karen's voice anywhere. I looked around wildly for help but there was nobody there. I tried to yell but it hurt. "Tsk tsk tsk," she said, "no yelling now. Nobody is going to come in here. Your mother is seeing to that for me. Now, how am I going to deal with this rebellion, hmm?"

She tapped a fingernail against her teeth contemplatively, but her other hand was already extending that baton thingy with a metal scraping sound. I cringed when I heard it, I'd heard that sound more than I ever wanted to already! "Help!" I screamed. It hurt like hell, but I knew she was going to kill me this time.

She just laughed as she walked calmly towards me, spinning the baton like she didn't have a care in the world. When she got close enough, though, this insane light filled her eyes and she snarled as she raised it back to hit me as hard as she could. I screamed again and curled up as best I could when I felt hands on my arms.

"John, John, wake up!" someone was yelling at me. I kept screaming for a moment before what they were saying sunk in. A dream? I opened my eyes and everybody was there still; Mom, Mrs. Donner, and Marcie.

"Where is she?" I asked, still expecting to see aunt Karen somewhere in the room ready to strike.

"What's going on in here?" Phillip asked as he ran in.

"John just had a nightmare." Mrs. Donner said. I was still looking around the room, but the fact that it was all a dream was starting to sink in.

"Are you okay John?" Phillip asked.

"Uh, yeah, I guess. Aunt Karen really hasn't been here, right?" I said.

Sandra poked her head in then, "Nope, nobody's been here since you fell asleep." She smiled real quick and then pulled back around the corner. That made me feel better. If anyone had been here she would know, right?

Phillip took a moment to make sure I was okay, checked the machines, and then went back to whatever he was doing. I laid back with a wince, Mrs. Donner and Mom helped me get comfortable again. As soon as they were done Marcie butted back in and grabbed my hand, "Are you really okay John?"

I smiled weakly at her, trying to put on a brave face though I knew I probably wasn't doing a very good job of it, "Yeah, I'm fine."

Mom seemed to notice Marcie for the first time and looked curiously at her before turning to me, "John, I didn't know you had a girlfriend." She didn't say it but it was clear she expected me to introduce her.

Marcie and I both blushed and she pulled her hand back quickly, "Uh, Mom, this is Marcie. She's my best friend, she's been over lots of times. She just used to use a different name."

Mom was still stumped, which was kind of fun actually, but then Mrs. Donner explained, "Marcie is, or was, I guess, Mark. We just found out this year that she's transgender."

Mom was obviously shocked at that. After a moment of staring incredulously at Mrs. Donner she turned to examine Marcie. After a while she started nodding to herself, "Yes, I see now." Then she looked worried and asked, "Karen didn't have anything to do with this, did she?"

Marcie shook her head and laughed, "No way, I've always known I was a girl. I was just too scared to tell my parents until this year. You don't...have a problem with it, do you?" She was clearly worried, so I figured the major puppy dog eyes she was giving Mom were unintentional. Either that, or she's a better actress than I realized.

"Oh...no, of course not." Mom said. I think she was too stunned to really process it yet, really.

Marcie sagged in relief and Mom kind of did the same with the puppy dog eyes turned off. I was amazed at how cute she could be; how did I ever think this girl was a guy?!

Apparently they'd finished filling Mom in on everything while I was out, as she didn't have any more questions. She kept hugging me, carefully, every now and then and telling me she loved me. It was kind of embarrassing, but nice too.

We kind of stayed off the subject after that. Nobody asked what my dream was about, it was pretty obvious I guess. Mom hovered a lot, but then so did Marcie. Mrs. Donner was probably the calmest one in the room, besides Phillip when he came in to check up on me.

Eventually Mrs. Donner left, saying that Mr. Donner would be by later to pick up Marcie and say goodnight. She wanted to take Marcie with her at first, but Marcie turned those puppy dog eyes on her, too (intentionally this time, I think) and got her way.

I finally remembered to tell Mom that the doctor was looking for her, so she went to talk to him.

Although still sore, I was feeling a lot better now that I knew Mom was on my side. I noticed Marcie looking kind of uneasy and said, "Don't worry Marcie. I'll be out of here before you know it and I'll make sure nobody gives you any trouble at school."

She sighed, more of a put-upon sigh than a relieved one, "You don't need to protect me, John. You're not going to be in any shape to do it, anyway."

"Sure I will!" I protested.

She just rolled her eyes. She still looked uneasy about something, but she wouldn't look at me.

"Is there something wrong?" I finally asked.

She kind of shook herself off, "No, I'm fine." I didn't believe it, but decided to leave it alone. I was getting tired again.

"Is it okay if I take a nap?" I asked.

She smiled, "Of course, you must be tired what with your injuries and surgery and everything. Go ahead."

I smiled back and closed my eyes. I must have been out quickly because the next thing I knew Phillip was puttering around again. Nobody else was there. "Where did everybody go?" I asked.

"Hi John. Marcie told me to tell you that her father came and they had to go. Your mother just went out to get something to eat, she should be back in a little while." he said. I nodded and watched him work. When he was done he asked if I needed anything, I didn't, smiled and closed the door behind him. I saw a different person standing outside the door but he was in uniform so I figured he was Sandra's replacement.

I thanked Phillip and turned on the TV. I could tell that being in the hospital was going to be incredibly boring, but maybe I could catch up on our favorite show.

I didn't find anything interesting to watch until I stumbled on a news program. I was just about to switch the channel when they showed a picture of aunt Karen! I turned up the volume and listened as they talked about what she did. They didn't name me, but since they named aunt Karen and said I was her nephew I guessed everyone would know anyway. Although she has a different last name, so maybe not...

"Hi John, how are you feeling?" Mom asked as she walked in carrying a paper bag.

"Hi Mom, I'm okay. They were just talking about me on TV." I said. The news report was over, though, so they were talking about something else when Mom turned to look.

"What did they say?" she asked.

"They mostly talked about aunt Karen; they didn't mention me by name at all." I said.

She nodded, "They won't, because you're underage. I brought you something to eat." She held up the bag and pulled out some chicken nuggets and fries. It wasn't much, but it was better than the stuff Phillip brought by while I was eating it. I picked at the stuff he brought which, I think, was supposed to be mashed potatoes and ham but tasted more like cardboard.

I was a little surprised to realize it was already dinner time, which reminded me of the hearing, "Didn't Mr. Donner say that aunt Karen was going to court today?" I said, though almost immediately I remembered that she hadn't been there when he said it. Then again, I was asleep when he came for Marcie this time so he could have mentioned it then.

Mom shook her head, "Not yet, that's tomorrow."

"Oh, it seems like that was at least a day ago." I said, thinking of all the times I'd slept since then.

"No, but John..." Mom said, trailing off worriedly.

"What Mom?" I asked.

Mom bit her lip and said, "Well, Mr. Donner was telling me what the bail would probably be set at and...well, Karen can afford that. She'll probably be out after her hearing tomorrow."


To Be Continued…

up
141 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

After what she is accused of, the evidence and all she may get

bail?

What blackmail does the aunt have on the judge or prosecutor? How wealthy is the bitch?

And the doctor said he had to talk to the boy's mom yet we have no word back from him on the child's prognosis? This is worrisome.

Will he be normal again other than psych issues from the abuse and confinement? Has he been permanently harmed reproductively? Did she secretly castrate him somehow? Where did she get the drugs and hormones? Did she have help as this was set up obviously in advance of his coming over? Has she done this shit to others? I worry she had/has a confederate. Is her sister's, the boy's mom's, boyfriend in cahoots with the aunt and the trip was a way to let her have control of the child.? Mom might be provisionally in the clear but he is an unknown for now.

And to be honest I still don't trust the mom 100%. It sounds logical but so did the alternate, nasty explanation for mom's part in it. But the friend's mom's reassurances seemed sincere so I'll give the mom a wary benefit of doubt. But he needs medical answers NOW and serious protection from psycho aunt like yesterday.

Missed seeing this. Glad you have continued it.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

I agree with you

That is quite strange. She pulled shit like this on someone who was her ward and she gets out of jail for bail?

That women is seriously sick, she shut be put in a psych ward and not let go on bail.

I hope she didn't castrate him with the hormones... That would be too hard imho.

Saless, thank you for writing this awesome story against forced femme.

*hugs*
Beyogi

As I understand it bail is

As I understand it bail is almost always an option. There are exceptions, but I think it's pretty hard to get bail denied. Which is bad in one way, but also a good thing if you're the one trying to put together your defense (especially if you're innocent!). On the other hand, I'm not an expert by any stretch so if I'm wrong I'll just claim dramatic license. ;)

I'm glad you're enjoying it. :) Just about every time I read a story with some element of forced femme in it that gives me more ammunition to write this one.

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Different judical systems

Well I guess it differs in every country. In germany they tend do deny bail to everyone acused of a violent act. The advantage is that people like the crazy aunt don't get out of jail after they were caught. The disadvantage is, that people can be very easily put into jail by some fuckers.

It's gone that far, that many guys won't be alone with a women without witnesses, she only has to cry rape and you're in jail for at least three month. If you get a feminist judge, you end up convicted and have to go to the next instance.

The positive thing is that it is normally kind of hard to abuse, but with rape the courts are super sensitive... As longs as you're not a guy ^^
We had a case like that where a prominent was indicted of rape and the whole case was drawn into the media.
That actually might improve the situation.

Well whatever, I see I derailed myself :(
I guess america is more liberal in this direction. I still don't understand why they even give such madmen bail. She's an obivious psycho and letting her go without a psych exam would be utter madness.

Unfortunately, the

Unfortunately, the Constitution is clear. _Reasonable_ bail must be set.

My personal translation of that is that it must be something the person or his family can come up with - without a bail bondsman - even if it requires them making sacrifices. The biggest problem is that it can be insanely easy to come up with an enormous 'bail' amount because of bondsmen. It was a lot harder when you had to get a mortgage on your house to pay it.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Thanks John, I'm glad you're

Thanks John, I'm glad you're still enjoying it. There's no danger of this story going unfinished seeing as how ideas for a book 2 have been bouncing around in my head for a while. Makes it a bit difficult to work on book 1 at times, but also gives me an incentive to finish it. Some of the answers to your questions will have to wait until book 2, though. ;)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

At long last

A continualtion of the story.

Um, I don't undestand. Bail? Can anyone explain this one to me? How does it even work if there is undeniable proof of involvement?

Also, if Karen was talking about training on the phone, and it was not John's mother she was talking with, then who was she talking with?

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

I'm not totally clear on how

I'm not totally clear on how the bail system works myself, but I don't think the amount of evidence is a major factor. It's mostly a matter of if the person is a flight risk (meaning they'll run away rather than stand trial). So without a reason to believe Karen will run for it there's no reason to deny bail. As for the amount I believe that's set based on the severity of the crime, but I could be totally off on that one.

As for who was on the other end of the line (if anyone) well, you'll just have to wait... ;)

Sorry for the long wait on this one, hopefully the next chapter won't be as long in coming.

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Boys Will Be Boys - 6

Depends on if she can post bail.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Bail?

Given her obvious psychological issues, I would have thought it more appropriate to do whatever the US equivalent of sectioning her under the Mental Health Act, rather than take her directly through the criminal justice system.

But evidently the law works in different ways in different parts of the world. It would be prudent for the family to have legal representation at the bail hearing, to petition for a court order prohibiting Karen from any contact with John (or even getting within a hundred yards of him). Heck, for security's sake, prohibit her from contacting any male relatives under the age of 18, just in case she decides to 'do' someone else...

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

I'm not an expert

I believe that a judge can make a judgment call to send her for a mental health review, but can't just "commit her" without some sort of process. Usually part of the criminal trial process is to determine if she is mentally sound enough to stand trial for the crime.

She just hasn't gotten there yet.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Different jurisdictions,

Different laws. What we can do here is arrest somebody and place a 48 hour "hold" for mental evaluation. During that time a certified mental health professional has to evaluate the person and file a report with the court. What's in that report has a big impact on the judges' ruling regarding bail release.

* * *

"Girls are like pianos, when they're not upright they're grand!" Benny Hill

Karen J.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I believe if you are a "flight risk"

you also can be denied bail but it is often given.

A court order to keep away from someone is next to useless as protection but is powerful back in court if violated.

I would hope given the nature of the assault he and his mom would get police help.

Still concerned what harm was done to him in the time he was a prisoner of the aunt. From his symptoms as reported in earlier chapters and even how he is reacting to people his seems considerably feminine.

As to auntie dearest sadly money talks, even in court.

Still amazed the mom sent him to stay with her. Mom either was wearing rose colored glasses, is a fool or was in it with her sister.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Honestly, John

I believe she is mental. I mean, she was going to reshape John into a girl, what did she figure on doing when his mom got back? "Oh, look what I did for you, sis! I fixed John so he won't be any trouble anymore, doesn't she look beautiful?" No, I have this feeling that most any psych. will classify her as mentally incompetent to stand trial. As such, I don't think she is a flight risk so much as posing a definite danger to John. If she is released on bail, they should at least put a GPS tracker and radio beacon on her. One on John also, for safety's sake.

I suspect given the short window she had to do the job she was likely pumping as much estrogen into him as she could. He may now be effectively sterile as a result. This is a health problem of major proportions.

As for Mom, I'd say answers A and B, but not C.

* * *

"Girls are like pianos, when they're not upright they're grand!" Benny Hill

Karen J.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

It's early days yet. Karen

It's early days yet. Karen hasn't even seen the inside of a court room. Unless she were ranting, raving, or trying to hurt herself there would be no reason for her to be treated any differently than any other person the police arrest. Once it gets into the courts then that becomes an option (I'm no expert, so forgive me if I get some of this wrong).

I guess it probably comes down to the 'innocent until proven guilty' thing. Which is a good thing in all, since people have a tendency to lynch the accused without much (or any) evidence in a lot of situations. Just look at how the press crucifies people who are accused of a crime. Sometimes they are guilty, sometimes they aren't, but I doubt there are a lot of apologies after the fact.

As for a restraining order against Karen, that's totally doable. Unfortunately that only really makes a difference after the fact if the person (Karen) doesn't care about the law or the consequences (or thinks they can get away with it).

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Judge's Discretion, Bail and Mom

RAMI

Since this is not a murder case, bail would be a possibility. Depending on how rich the aunt is, she may be able to make bail, depending on the amount set. Even if the judge required a million dollar cash bail, if she is that rich, such as the former head of the IMF Straus-Kahn, in NY, she could post it and get out of jail. The judge could set conditions such as house arrest, monitors, etc.

The judge could order a psych evealuation, to determiner if she is fit to go ahead with the legal process. That could easily take as much as a month.

In the US there is a lot of discretion for the judge to act as he/she think is proper.

I am still not fully convinced that mom was not complicit in this. Perhaps she did not think her sister would go as far as she did. Perhaps the sister was to do something else, but did what she wanted anyway. It is hard to beleive mom did not know or suspect that the aunt was as crazy as she is. People do not all of a sudden start acting as crazy as she did.

Glad to see this story is being continued.

RAMI

RAMI

All these comments are

All these comments are really helpful in helping me to determine the details of how things are going to happen on the legal side of this story. I'm far from an expert; I admit I'm probably drawing from TV shows as much as anything. At least some of what you're talking about here will be addressed in the next chapter. I'm still not sure if the legal stuff will be over with by the time the first book ends or not, so all the ideas I can get are welcome!

Thanks rami, and everyone else, for the comments and ideas! :)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

i love this story

IM glad it is continuing and i was afraid it wasnt after many months. I think the mother had to be involved and I hope i am wrong. For the childs sake most of all because its always a childs wish to forgive his parents and think the best. many times its wrong and the child pays for it

That's exactly what I was

That's exactly what I was going for with his little internal monologue about whether to trust her or not. Though the dream does indicate his trust may not be totally complete just yet... ;)

Thanks, it's great to see so many people are still interested in this story! :)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Karen vs Mum

Several people have questioned why mum sent John to stay with Karen, assuming (as tabloid newspapers generally do) that Karen would have exhibited "warning signs" in previous encounters. While the people who commit such crimes (or those who go on killing rampages) may have been known to psychiatrists, generally speaking there's very little before the incident that can be used as a justifier. As an extreme example, Derek Bird, responsible for the Cumbria Shootings, was variously described as a popular and quiet man.

It's probable that while John may have visited Aunt Karen before, he almost certainly had not spent an extended period of time with her. Even if it was widely known she disliked boys, I doubt anyone could have predicted the extreme lengths she went to in a bid to "rectify" the situation. We don't know the figure bail was set at, but if you think of all the preparation and purchases required for her scheme (including obtaining above prescription-strength doses of estrogen - presumably not available through legal channels), she must be pretty wealthy.

As a previous commentator said, it would be a good idea for him to undergo regular medical tests over the coming months to determine exactly what has happened to him. As well as physical changes and possible sterility, it's possible there may be implications of sudden withdrawal from the medication routine. Never mind the possibility of PTSD...

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

=D

Extravagance's picture

VERY RECENTLY, IN THE MIND OF MR SEXY GIRL:
What I need now is a happy story... Evil, but happy. Now where's Saless when I need her?

JUST NOW:
Aaaahhh!! =D *Super flying tackleglomp of considerable respiratory and circulatory impairment* ...Ooopsie, I got a bit carried away. =) Dang... Talk o' the devil, eh? :D

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Heh

Naughty minds think alike. :)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

That they do,

Extravagance's picture

and great minds too! ^_^

Did I just do a rhyme? = )

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Somebody financed his aunt...

...for her to do that. And since it was his mom to send him there she's the prime suspect. The baton might not have been her idea but his mom certainly knows her sister well enough to know her contempt for men.