Morgan 2

Printer-friendly version

My muse has been kind. More of Morgan's first day in High School.


The rest of the day I got more odd looks and the occasional question from other kids. Obviously word was spreading.

It was mostly girls with the questions. And I was indeed getting tired of the same ones over and over.

The looks seemed fairly evenly split between guys and gals, though more of the guys tended to have the looks that implied trouble in the future.

A few of the girls seemed to figure I was ok, in spite of my oddity. At least they were willing to talk to me in spite of it. One was in several of my classes. Christine (call me Chris) Watt. We'd gotten to talking in the first one we shared and had compared schedules.

She came up to me in the hall as we approached English class (which I knew we shared).

"So, I hear you're a guy?"

I shrugged.

"Yep. That a problem?"

She thought for a moment as we looked for seats in the classroom.

"Let's grab these two." She pointed at a pair of empty seats next to each other off to one side of the room. I followed her over.

After we sat down she looked over at me.

"No. It's a bit different from what I expected, but I guess I'm OK with it."

She suddenly snickered and I looked a question at her.

"Sorry, I was thinking that I'd have to change my plans. I was gonna ask you if you wanted to go over to the mall and check out some stores with me, and then maybe hang at my place."

I glanced around and noticed that nobody else was sitting close to us yet. I quietly replied "You don't have to change your plans unless you'd rather not have me with you."

She looked surprised.

"Hey, I like shopping for clothes. And do you think any guy would pass up a chance to hang out with you?" I joked.

Chris started to say something then stopped and looked at me funny.

"That's a girls top you're wearing isn't it?" she said quietly.

"Guilty as charged. Guy stuff doesn't fit very well unless I go for really baggy."

We had to quit talking then as the teacher called roll. After that there was the usual "what you'll be learning this semester" stuff and signing out our textbooks. Finally she gave us a reading assignment and like most of the first day classes had, left us to our own devices while she dealt with some paperwork.

Chris and I weren't the only ones carrying on quiet conversations then.

"So you're serious about wanting to go check out the stores?"

"Sure, you never know when you might find a cute outfit. Or some nice accessories. And trying stuff on is fun."

"I thought you said you were a guy!"

"I am. Let's just say I'm dressing down so I'll have less trouble until folks get used to me."

"O-kay. But won't there be problems in the stores?"

"Nope. As long as I look fairly girly, the law says I can use the changing rooms. Heck, I can use the bathrooms. Just not locker rooms."

"You're kidding!"

"Nope. We had to go through all that when we found out I was gonna look more girl than guy."

I slipped her one of the copies of the laws that I had in case anybody tried to argue things. A pain, but better safe than sorry.

We agreed to meet get together after 7th period.

I knew that after school would be the real test. That's when I expected that somebody would start something. Hopefully I could keep Chris out of it.

We had 7th period together too, so we left the class and I stopped for a minute.

"I think it's time for a bit of misdirection. Come on."

With that I led her to a nearby bathroom. She squeaked a bit as I headed in, but followed. Yes, it was a girls bathroom. That's what I used unless I was dressing to emphasize being male. Which I hadn't today. I'd gone for more of an androgynous look and not tried to hide my breasts.

Fortunately, the bathroom was empty. While I used one of the stalls, I heard Chris talking on her phone.

I was busy digging things out of my pack. I switched tops, and swapped my slacks for a pair of tights. I got my shoes and socks back on, then fastened a short skirt.

When I stepped out of the stall to do my makeup I heard a gasp from Chris.

I did a twirl.

"You like?"

It was quite an outfit. But it was also something I could move easily in.

Skintight black top with sleeves down to my wrists. Leaving no doubt about my breasts. Black tights. (hey, I've got great legs) black ankle socks and my black canvas shoes. The kind with the crepe soles. They give great traction. Good for running or fighting.

Oh yes, the skirt? Bright red.

As Chris stared, I used the mirror to apply a really bold makeup job. I definitely didn't look like a guy. More importantly, I didn't look much like I'd looked all day at school.

Just for the hell of it, I put on some jewelry. Earrings, a pendant and some bracelets.

"Well, what do you think?" I asked a stunned Chris.

"Oh. My. God. I can't believe that's you."

"Well, it is. Think anybody will recognize me?"

That snapped her out of it a bit.

"Maybe, Probably not though." She paused and eyed me again. "Damn, I think I'm jealous. You look better than I do."

"I seriously doubt that." I tried to leer at her but she just laughed.

I took off the jewelry, explaining "Just in case I do get recognized, I don't want to risk getting any of it grabbed in a fight."

We headed out. First we hit her locker. Then we hit mine.

And that's where my planning failed.

I should have hit it before changing. We later figured out that somebody had seen me at it earlier, and been waiting. Worse, they were bright enough to hang back when they saw the very different me getting my books from it.

First thing I realized was when we got outside. We were just at the edge of school property when I heard running feet and someone yell, "Get the faggot!"

I tossed my pack to one side and spun around to face the attackers.

There were three of them. I managed to feint and draw one out of position and nail him as I stepped past his rush. I heard the sound of blows off to the side but I couldn't spare the attention, I had to deal with another one who wasn't coming in as stupid as the first.

I'd blocked a few blows, and was trying to maneuver to get an opening when I heard more feet running up from behind.

"Oh great, I'm surrounded" was going through my mind just as a voice shouted "Police! Freeze!"

I kept an eye on my opponent just in case he did something stupid. Luckily, he wasn't that dumb.

"OK, young lady, you can step away from him." said the voice.

I carefully stepped back and to the side so as to stay out of the line of fire if the cop had his gun out. In doing so I was able to turn to see the rest of the scene.

There were three cops. The guy I'd hit first was just getting up. With a cop watching him. And much to my surprise, the third attacker was curled up on the ground with Chris standing over him. An older cop was moving in on him.

The cops separated us, and cuffed all three of the attackers. I had to give a statement. So did Chris. I noticed that the two younger cops took our statements, and the older one just watched from off to the side.

I'd recognized one of the guys from my PE class. I guessed the other two were his buddies. He'd been one of the guys who thought I was queer.

After getting our statements the two younger cops loaded the three guys into the back of their car and drove off. I was picking up my pack when Chris and the older cop came over. Chris looked kinda nervous.

The cop said "You don't have to worry, we saw the whole thing. You probably won't even have to testify. You had some pretty nice moves. You kept yours busy long enough for us to get there and end things."

"Uh, thanks, I just hope the school won't come down on me and Chris for fighting."

"Oh, I don't think you have to worry about that. They aren't likely to do that to the police chief's daughter, so they can hardly do it to her friend, now can they?"

"Eep."

He grinned at me, "Especially when the chief saw the whole thing."

I just stared. Chris looked at him and went "Daaad!"

My life flashed before my eyes, The police chief's daughter. Eep.

I guess he could see that I was panicking.

"Easy, I don't have any problems with you being friends with Chris. We've had a couple of folks transition on the job here, so I'm kinda familiar with this sort of thing. Though from what I understand, you aren't exactly transitioning, are you?"

"Uh, nossir."

He smiled. "You don't have to call me sir." He held out his hand. "Andrew Watt"

I took it and replied, "Morgan. Morgan Howe."

"Well, Morgan, I've got to get back to work, but maybe we can talk later. Have Chris give you my number so you can call me if you think there's going to be trouble. You're lucky that Chris called me today."

With that he was off to his car.

Chris looked at me and said "Sorry, I called him because I was kinda worried that something like this might happen."

"It's OK, you were right. But how'd you manage to nail the huge guy.?"

She laughed, "What, you think my dad would let me run around without having to go through a self-defense class?"

We wound up talking about it as we headed off to the mall. Turned out we both went to the same dojo, just different classes.

As soon as we got to the mall, Chris dragged me into a bathroom and got me to put the jewelry back on. I decided it was probably safe enough there, so I went along.

She also did a few things with her makeup "in self defense" she claimed.

We spent a couple of hours prowling the stores and tried on quite a few things.

I realized it was getting on towards dinner time and pointed out I'd need to be heading home.

Chris suggested calling our parents and seeing if I could have dinner at her place. I wasn't sure about facing her dad again, but she talked me into it.

I'd already sent my folks a text letting them know there'd been a problem after school but everything was OK.

So after she checked with her mom to make sure it'd be OK, I called home and asked dad if I could have dinner with my new friend.

"Dad? A friend who's in a lot of my classes asked me to have dinner at her place..."

"Oh, you actually made a friend? And with a girl at that. Well, if it's OK with her folks. Just behave, OK?"

"Thanks dad, and I wouldn't dare misbehave."

"Oh?"

"Her dad is the chief of police.... "

That got a chuckle from dad. "I'm sure there's a story there. You can tell us about it when you get home. What about your homework?"

"We don't have much and since we share a lot of classes we're going to work on it together."

"Well, if you really do work on it, you don't have to be home until nine. Just be careful on the way home."

I knew what dad meant. The more I looked like a girl, the more careful I had to be if I was alone especially after dark.

We chatted a little more then Chris and I headed for her house. Turns out it was only a mile or so from my house and on the same bus line. That'd make getting home easier.

I mentioned that to Chris and suggested she come over to my place the next day.

Before we left the mall I used a bathroom to redo my makeup. I got rid of most of the jewelry too. When I was done I looked a lot more like a girl that a mother wouldn't mind her daughter being friends with.

Chris pouted. "Aww, I wanted to see what mom would do when she saw you!"

"I'd rather be able to visit you again. Shocking your mom isn't worth it."

up
333 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I like Morgan's story

it's really entertaining. It reminds me a little of something I write. I'm enjoying the perspective differences though, I'm nowhere close to having my character return to their hometown and school.
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Hey Morgan, the lovely Mz Chris is a keeper

Good looking, doesn't mind Morgan's weird physiology, resourceful, clear thinking -- IE anticipating trouble and calling for help -- wicked in a fight AND the local police chief's daughter. What's not to love?

Okay if they would have an ugly break-up it could be bad.

Neat premise and what's to say Morgan's biology is totally impossible in RL? Though I can see how it makes more sense in the sci-fi you mentioned you originally planned it for.

I wonder, is Morgan's condition a fluke of genetics or exposure to chemicals or such in the womb? Or is there a family history of odd body traits like an androgynous adult appearance, ambiguous genitals at birth so that say, a great aunt was mistaken for a boy until puberty and the like?
Good start.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

See comments below for a bit

Brooke Erickson's picture

See comments below for a bit of info on Morgan's genetics. As noted I don't plan on explaining *how* they got that way.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Morgan 2

Morgan's life will be very complicated, thanks to his physical attributes. Question is: will he seek medical intervention, or live with it?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Re-read part 1. And my

Brooke Erickson's picture

Re-read part 1. And my comments farther down.

He's not interested, and there's really not that much they *can* do. They could give him a mastectomy, but that's it. Hormone treatments wouldn't work. Hormone *suppressing* treatments have nasty side effects even on "normal" people.

So the best medical science could do is turn him into a girl with no breasts and a dick. Not exactly something to look forward to.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

It's nice to see...

Extravagance's picture

...continued development of this case.

*GiggleGiggleGiggle* :D

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Oh, I don't think it'll go

Brooke Erickson's picture

Oh, I don't think it'll go past C cup. Though D cup would make hopes of stealth fade.
:-)

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Hmm...

Extravagance's picture

Even a C cup would be hard to hide. ...In theory. = (
...But if I'm lucky, I'll know for sure in about a year from now. = )

Catfolk Pride.PNG

A boy who likes a girl...

Andrea Lena's picture

...while looking more like a girl while wanting to remain a boy but sorta not minding that he looks like a girl but still enjoying that part of him that is still boy while wondering.... Oh gosh....he's as confused as I am. Or maybe it's just me who's confused? Still love this even more than last time. Thank you!


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Oh, I don't think he's

Brooke Erickson's picture

Oh, I don't think he's confused. Confusing, maybe. :-)

He's got a better idea than most his age of where he wants to go (at least with this). He may not have considered some of the things that'll happen because of it. But hey, he's only a high school freshman.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Handling stuff?

Andrea Lena's picture

Adolescence AND Gynecomastia? I don't know if I could handle half of what he's going thru and I'm old enough to....well, lets just say as you noted that Morgan isn't confused. Love this story!


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

I'm old enough to be one of

Brooke Erickson's picture

I'm old enough to be one of Morgan's grandparents.

I figure I need a story where the kid's head is screwed on straight. Besides, I tend to write my characters rather more mature than their age (when they aren't emotional basketcases).

And his life should get more interesting. I'm planning on more friends, including at least one *cough* very close *cough* boy friend.

Maybe I was exposed to too many Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books growing up. :-)

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Never Say Never

Regarding Morgan's particular intersexed condition...

It might be fiction, but it might be less impossible than you think. Some people are naturally androgynous (cf. Andrej Pejic) without having anything developmentally wrong with them. And, there are any number of genetic conditions that can effect hormonal balance and the development of secondary sex characteristics.

What you describe with Morgan is someone who appears completely male in the primary sex department, but who started feminizing when secondary characteristic development kicked in at puberty. There are actually a couple of conditions that can cause this. They would be rare variants of these conditions, and some would have very serious consequences later that would need medical attention, but they exist.

So, I would advise you to at least soften your disclaimer about it being impossible in the real world, but you should probably avoid trying to find an exact medical diagnosis. If you're interested in the topic, you might check out a couple articles on CAH, MAIS, and NETs, or better yet point your readers to them and stay out of it yourself! Just tell Morgan's story the way you're doing.

___________________
If a picture is worth 1000 words, this is at least part of my story.

Genetic Scientist

I had a chance to talk in detail about this sort of thing to my Imam, who is also a genetic scientist. He said that there are literally thousands of XY combinations and I am likely XXY, but we will not know for sure until I get a Kariotype, this fall I hope.

Plus in the Muslim world, and other exclusivist groups, inbreeding is a big issue, and that exacerbates the problem. Sickle Cell Anemia is rampant in Saudi populations where they sometimes marry even first cousins.

I do not know how long they have been trying to prevent inbreeding in the USA, but in my distant family history in Western Virginia it was a big problem.

Vwewy interesting.

Gwendolyn

Well, I'm going for ""non

Brooke Erickson's picture

Well, I'm going for ""non genital sex hormone receptors all react to *either* T or E as if it was E", while ones in the genitals (and maybe a few other spots react to either as T.

Maybe one or both of his folks had an encounter with Little Green Men. I'm not planning on ever explaining *how* he hit the genetic lottery, just that he did.

The idea is that for him developing as a (pardon the expression) "shemale" is *normal*. And shouldn't have any bad side effects. And that hormone treatment won't change things. Well, not entirely true.

If someone was daft enough to put him on high doses of T or E, he'd get hyper-developed male and female characteristics in the "appropriate" (for him) places. Since I don't think he wants DD breasts or a foot long schlong, he certainly wouldn't be in favor of such treatment.

Come to think of it, *if* the condition is dominant, my twisty mind says that female children would have a different problem in gym class. Unless a doctor tried to "correct" it at birth. *Very* hyper-trophied clitoris. As in "same size (and mostly shape) as a penis".

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Don't Forget

Testosterone goes through a process of conversion to estrogens as part of its normal metabolism and elimination. Look up "aromatase." This is why body-builders who overdo the anabolic steroids sometimes grow breasts. So, if someone had a selective shortage of androgen receptors (rare), a surplus of estrogen receptors (not unusual), and a healthy supply of aromatase, their normally-functioning sex-hormone feedback circuit (involving LH and FSH) would (because of the missing feedback from the missing receptors) pump out extra androgens, which would convert to estrogens and presto. Female secondary sex characteristics.

Theoretically, anyway, in the Rube Goldberg chain-of-events hormonal model of my vision.

Morgan 2

more please

Samantha

He can probably help with the breast feeding.

Of course, in spite of having real breasts, he'd probably have to use spironolactone and something to make his blood chemistry more like a woman's while doing it. Hmmm quite nice.

Gwendolyn

Good Story!

I think this is a keeper! Well done!

Wren

Wow!

First triple post!

Wren

Good Story!

I think this is a keeper! Well done!

Wren

Did I miss something here?

I thought that Morgan was a prince whom the Queen Mother wanted as a princess. How did we get from the Queen Mother's bed chamber to a public school? This is an interesting dilemma.

This chapter tho was quite entertaining, and with the "did you get the number of that truck" interlude after school, this chapter was very much close to home for me. But what happend to Princess Morgan?

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Different, Barb

You've conflated two different stories by two different authors.

* * *

There are plenty of people in this world who think they are wits. They are half right.

Karen J.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Sorry

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Not bad at all!

So, what's next? Will Morgan, for example, arrange to change his time at the dojo?

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

*bats eyes* Now why would he

Brooke Erickson's picture

*bats eyes*

Now why would he *possibly* want to do that? :-)

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

I think it is obvious!

So nyah! :P

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Interesting story,

Interesting story, regardless of the reason for the condition or it being real or not, I'll still enjoy seeing where you take this.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Nifty.

I am for one definitely glad your muse is cooperating.

Abigail Drew.

It isn't confusing at all, but it IS a very nice story!

and I do hope there will be further chapters to it - I really LIKE Morgan, probably because I can identify with him/her, and this story has almost unlimited possibilities for further development.

Absolutely Brilliant - a big hug for sharing it with us!

Briar

Briar

Morgan

It sounds like Morgan is in for an Interesting ride. Sometimes knowing the Police Chief can be a good thing sometimes it is not, but it will still be interesting to see where this goes.

I hope your muse decides to be nice and give you ideas instead of blocks like mine has.

The answers to all of life's questions can be found in the face of a true friend

The answers to all of life's questions can be found in the face of a true friend

Keep going Morgan

Looks like there are quite a few connect with the story. It is nice to have Morgan comfortable in her/his skin. Hopw you keep going but follow your own muse.
Jessie 119

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Morgan 2

Great start to a story, hope your muse keeps you writing

I like Morgan - Brooke

Chptrs 1& 2 were great, and I like Chris as well, her Dad is a bonus!

Whatever Morgan has I'll believe your fictional diagnosis.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Thank you Brooke

What a wonderful, well written story. Definitely has a broad appeal... you don't see a lot of stories here with 110+ kudos!

*blush*I still stare in

Brooke Erickson's picture

*blush*

I still stare in amazement at the kudos for all the parts so far.

And Just a Normal Girl is doing pretty good for a series of off-the-top-of-my-head scenes.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

I'm enjoying this.

Good story ghirl.

I'm enjoying it and to heck with 'The reality' thing.

XZXX

Bev.

bev_1.jpg

Morgan

I just finished Morgan 2. i absolutely love this story. i see the authors comment at the end about this condition being made up, well you would be wrong. i wish i could have grown up in more accepting times maybe i would not have gotten beat up so much and skipped all PE. I would hope that younger girls can read stories like this one and get the strength i was denied.

Numbers Speak Louder Than Words

When you have nearly 200 kudo clicks already, I think that tells you better than my waffling how good you are at this, Brooke !

Thanks for letting us all read this tale.

Briar

Actually, seeing all those

Brooke Erickson's picture

Actually, seeing all those kudos gets scary sometimes.

Like with Morgan 7, which I don't feel is "up to par", it's gotten 69 in only a bit over 2 days.

And my first reaction was to go hide...

Doesn't help that sometimes I get stalled on things for months. :-(

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks