Jem...Chapter 5

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Elements: 

TG Themes: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

Jem…Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I look up from where I’m sitting with the girls and blinked a few times as it sinks in what just happened and I get to my feet and head upstairs. I head to Raven’s room and the door’s shut and I knock gently.

“Raven?”

“What…?” (Shaky and sobby voice.)

“Can I come in?”

“Okay…” (Kind of a whine.)

I open the door slowly and peek inside. The room is sort of messy and tidy at the same time. It’s cluttered a bit but everything’s in boxes and those Rubbermaid bins. There’s a beat up bed set against the wall and she’s curled up on a box spring and two mattresses but they’re on the floor. It kind of looks like she just moved in here.

I get it. She had to get out of her and Summer’s old room especially if Summer broke her heart. I move over and take a seat on the bed close to her and reach out and rub her back.

“You want to talk?”

“About….?” (Sniffly whiny.)

“About what happened downstairs. I didn’t mean to hit a nerve there with Washed Away.”

She rolls over to look at me and she’s gone through the full on ugly cry because whatever makeup she had been wearing was now all smeared and her eyes and cheeks were puffy. I’m not sure why I’m doing this but I lie down on the bed on my side facing her and take her hand and hold it. I’ve got no idea what I’m doing I have no experience with girls whatsoever.

“It’s okay Jem I mean Jason; it’s just that it hit a nerve tonight.”

“Angel.”

“Huh?”

“I’m getting ID’s made from one of Dad’s friends and I’m getting a new name…Angel Benton.”

“Oh. I better learn it then huh?”

“Yeah, I’ve got to tell the others too.”

“Angel?”

“Yes Raven?”

“It suits you.”

“Thanks. So what’s going on? You’re really upset.”

“I guess it’s that it’s all still fresh. Summer left…and she just didn’t just leave the band but me too…I mean we were together since we were fourteen, I came out because of her, I discovered myself because of her and I getting together.”

“They sat the first person you’ve been in love with has a huge impact in your life.”

“I thought she loved me Angel, I thought she really did.”

“Well she’s blind and stupid if you ask me.”

“It’s that and how she broke things off. Summer just walked in and took a few things she wanted and stole our songbook and a bunch of other stuff and just left me…”

“She even say why?”

“She said the band was going nowhere and I was dragging her down and that she’s got a new gig and.. and.. a new band and that this Muzz guy was her future and we were done…!”

“Just like that? That’s not right.”

“She had been taking gigs with him on the side and she’d been sleeping with him for months!”

“That fucking Skitch! Look Raven I’ve never been so much as on a date with anyone and I know you treat people better than that.”

“God! I loved here so much Angel!” She bursts into tears at that and I pull her close to me and hold her as she buries he face into my shoulder and cuts loose with these broken hearted mourning sobs.

I hold her close and rub her back and kiss the top of her head and just kind of pray that I’m doing this right and I even hum a bit to her and rock us back and forth on the bed a little.

There’s now a whole lot that I can do other than just be there for here and hold her against the storm of all that pain. She slowly gets to where she can stop and she sniffles a bit and then sits up blinking at my and rubs at her eyes. She’s suddenly waving her hands in front of her face going. “Oh shit, oh shit…” then her hand is over her right eye.

“Hey, here what happened?”

“I rubbed my eye and f-ed up my contact.”

“Here let me see it.” I sit up on the bed on my knees and move her hand away from her eye. I tilt her head back and I hold her head in my hands and look into her eyes. “Just….stay still…” I use the tip of my finger and wet it then sort of tamp in on my shirt until it turn a page tacky and I care fully and gently touch the edge of her contact and move it back into place then take it off of her eye….I set it on the edge of my other hand and carefully reach up with my finger and lift off the stray eyelash that was there as well.

I let go of her face before…before I do something like kiss her and can’t help but blush but offer up the eyelash. “I guess you’re supposed to blow and make a wish.”

Raven blushes too and looks at my finger and she blows it away and just seeing her do that just. Messed make up, tears stained face and those big blue eyes of hers staring at me from under her messed up jet black hair and I don’t think I was breathing when she took her own breath and blew the eyelash off of my fingertip.

I have to close my eyes and pull myself back inside before I crash and burn. She’s my friend and she’s a lesbian and despite everything I’m a guy.

“Thanks Angel…”

“I’m glad I don’t have to wear them, I can’t handle eye drops.” I try a smile and she smiles back then she takes out her other one. She slides off the bed and heads to a pile of things.

“I’m going to grab a shower, when’s the food going to be ready?”

“Oh..crap, if it’s not burn’t then when you get out of the shower!” I jump up and run down the stairs to the kitchen and carefully take out the chicken which thankfully isn’t burned but the carrots and the potatoes are really browned. That’s actually goof for the potatoes but I take off the carrots then put then in a dish with butter and bit of cream with a teaspoon of flour shaken with it and a lot of chopped fresh parsley and just a fine chop of a small red chili and some lemon zest and just kind of toss them in it the butter melts and the heat of the carrots makes the little bit of flour and cream into a sauce. It sounds fancy I know but I hate bland vegetables. Besides it’s not my recipe I stole this from Jamie Oliver.

The potatoes are fine by themselves and I carefully remove the bird and let it rest then use a paper towel or three to sop up the render chicken fat and then use a bit of water and flour to lift off all the brown bits and pour them into a big fat/wide coffee mug, they don’t own a gravy boat or anything like that.

I wash up the roaster before the stuff sets onto it right away and while I’m letting it soak in the sink I make chocolate pudding a la Jason. It’s just Jell-O brand pudding mix that I use an electric beater to make but once it’s done I dump a handful of those mini-marshmallows into it and fold them in and a drizzle of Hershey chocolate syrup and garnish it with two tablespoons of smooth peanut butter and a tablespoon of water heated in the microwave to make a peanut butter sauce.

I set the washed roaster to dry and had just wash going to wash the beaters when I feel I’m not alone and look over my shoulder at the three girls giving me this look like three starved puppies.

“Can we Pleaaaaassse eat now?” Roxy begs me holding her hands together in a prayer like gesture.

“Okay, okay…here then how about you girls set the table and we’ll eat.”

“Table? We had a table?” Brooklyn asks.

“Yes it was in the corner there buried under all the pizza boxes.”

“Yeah the place looks great by the way.” Brooklyn’s looking around and Raven’s nodding and there a bit of a smile there and she’s…she wearing these glasses that are those small rectangular dark framed ones and she’s just in sweats and an oversized guy’s black AC/DC tee shirt…hair damp and…I can’t help but to bite my lower lip when she says. “And we’ll try to keep it this way, right girls?”

“Right…” The other two say looking a little shamefaced by the mess they left here and that I cleaned it up and not just seen it.

“Thanks Angel…” she says and gives me a sort of long kiss on my cheek and…and did she just smell me? No…

“Okay let’s eat okay girls?” I offer and we set the table and eat and drink and talk about tunes and the sets and how this Friday they’ve got a gig at the Little River bowling alley and Saturday too and what we might play or practice at playing and stuff. I go over everything that happened at Dad’s and they must haven’t had a home cooked meal in a long time. I blush as all three girls rave about it.

“Oh C’mon it’s not that good.”

Roxy’s chewing on the soft end of the drumstick bone. “Best meal I’ve had in a long time.”

“Roxy, your folks have money right you must have eaten in a lot of really great places.”

“Yeah, but nothing like really home made Angel, I grew up with two too busy foe me parents and their idea of cooking was take out or room service. I’ve never actually had a chicken or potatoes and stuff like this, besides potatoes…my mom would have a fit over the carbs and she’d go into fat related anaphylactic shock over the gravy.”

I look at Brooklyn. “If it didn’t have an accompanying twenty four or more of beer or a big bottle of hard stuff it just wasn’t a meal home. Oh and a side order of verbal abuse and getting shoved around and stuff too. No herbs or stuff like that.” She puffs herself up like she’s imitating some guy and says. “If I wanted grass on my chicken I throw the fucking thing out on the lawn.” She sort of deflates and nibbles at the last carrot. “Then he’d bitch about the food or something else all night until he got drunk and passed out or got drunk and mad enough that he could take his shitty life out on the rest of us.”

“So how’d you end up here?”

“Ran away from home. Now I’m old enough he couldn’t do shit to me and met the girls through an audition notice and the rest is history. Kim’s folks got me into the school on a scholarship basis as a favor to Kim.” Roxy’s nodding.

Raven picking at the chicken bones, there’s barely even them left. I wasn’t a big chicken but still. It’s all gone even the apples I used to stuff it. I look at her and she smiles but blushes a bit. “It was really good Angel, My Mom would have loved the way that you crusted it with the herbs and stuff…” she looks down a bit and shakes her head sadly. “I haven’t had a home cooked good meal since they kicked me out of the house for being gay well for being lesbian.”

They’re rubbing off on me because I hug all three of them and bus the dishes into the kitchen and bring out the pudding. “Well I’m no chef or anything but you learn how to do some of the stuff a lot of guys take for granted when there’s no one to do it anymore.” They hug me back because they know that I’m talking about Mom and stuff and now I know some more of their personal stuff and there’s this…tight, good, close feeling now starting to form or I can feel it forming between the three of us and we move to the living room and watch a bit of TV and the girls keep talking about their day and then hit the books. I take the bowls and go into the kitchen and start the dishes and Raven comes in and I wash and she dries.

We get done and I reach into my pocket and take out some money and pass it to her. She’s looking at it. “What’s this for?”

“My part on the rent.”

“Angel, you don’t have to.”

“Raven, I’ve seen some of the bills. I cleaned up remember…you’re floating the others aren’t you?”

“Brooklyn’s in school and so’s Roxy we’re making it.”

“Barely, look this’ll help.”

“But you might need the money.”

“I need you girls more and this place, so yeah I need the money but I need it for this…okay…?” I look her in the eyes and even take a step closer and put the money in her hand and close my hand around hers and hold it. “Please…Raven?”

“Okay…” she’s biting her lower lip again and I wrap my arms around her and hug her again.

“Thank you….so…you want to give me a hand with my room? There’s some stuff there still and I didn’t want to touch it without your go ahead.”

“Sure.”

“Want a hand with yours after that too?”

“Okay….” She’s blushing and hiding from behind her hair again. My fingers twitch because I want to tuck it back out of her face for her. But…I can’t she’s been just hurt too much.

…………………………….. We get some cleaning things and some tools and we hit my room. Tools because there’s some stuff that I want to fix Like the crown moulding that is sitting in a pile in the closet and there’s some shelves that can be put up and I want to get some of the wall paper off and put up some of the stuff that I bought. We go through her clothes and bedding and we garbage it and the bed too. I’m going to get a new bed tomorrow.

We wash the walls and stuff down and use a egg turner and the steam iron to remove the wall paper and get the walls primer painted at least and then we go through my mom’s things in my boxes which turns into a sort and pile and this needs washed and that actually leads to me finding out that we have a washer and a dryer but the washer’s been broke for a few months.

So very guy of me I take the tools down and take a look and while the girls are very independent they didn’t have a clue how to fix it until I looked up some how to stuff online for the make and model and found out that the wires to the motor can get shaken loose with too many unbalanced loads and just everyday stress on the machine. I see where they were off and hooked them back up and fixed then a bit tighter with the handyman…well I guess that’s woman now right? Well once things are all attached with possum lake super glue I test every thing out on both the washer and the dryer and even fix the laundry sink/table and set up the ironing board and start washing clothes and things.

It was really weird. The girls came down and did a little happy dance and hugged me which should have had me bursting with male pride but can you feel male pride in a simple top and yoga pants and bra and panties with pink hair?

Raven’s smile said lots though. She looked genuinely happy. Three girls, the laundry must have cost a fortune. She kissed me on the cheek again and hugged me a little longer than Brooklyn and Roxy did. Well Roxy hugged me about forty times. I swear she's a little asian Carebear on Redbull.

We decide to tackle the rest tomorrow and tomorrow night and we set up downstairs to practice and we set up and strap on our guitars and tune then begin going through some of the proposed tunes to see how we sound playing them.

I’m singing lead again which is sort of fine by me but I always thought in my head I was just a songwriter and occasional singer but one the lyrics are in my head and the music starts to play I’m stepping up to the mike like it’s something I need.

We’re doing a Pretenders cover called Boots of Chinese Plastic.

“One!...two, three, four!”

“Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Buddha please.”
“Can you help a little peasant that’s begging on her knees?”
“Illusion fills my head like an empty can…”
“Spent a million lifetimes loving the same man!”

“Every drop that runs through the vein…”
“Always makes it’s wake back to the heart again.”
“And By the way you look fantastic…”
“In you boots of Chinese plastic!”

I’m keeping up the vocals are killer and wow can Raven ever play the guitar. Just the way she’s keeping up those licks and the energy that’s coming off of her I swear I’m soaking it up so much I could power my amp with my cord in my teeth.

We go from that one to some other tunes that we’re going to cover and surprisingly they sound good with me singing in my girls voice. Theses are a bit lighter and there two by the group train. Hey Soul Sister is the first one. I actually start girl sort of dancing arms up as I’m in front of the mike stand and Raven’s dancing too as she’s strumming the guitar for me and I kind of start to sing to her.

“Hey….hey…”
“Hey, hey….hey…”
“Your lipstick stains…”
“On the front of my…”
“Left side brains.”
“I knew I wouldn’t forget you.”
“And so I went and let you…”
“Blow my mind..”

This song is fun, I’m smiling as I really get into the mood of the tune and start singing my heart out. I can’t help the fact I really like this girl I’m playing and dancing and singing to…yeah I’m really singing to her.

“Your sweet moonbeam…”
“The smell of you in every…”
“Single dream I dream.”
“I knew when we collided…”
“You’re the one I have decided…”
“Who’s one of my kind.”

(CHORUS) “Hey…Soul sister…”
“Ain’t that Mister-mister…”
“On the radio, stereo…”
“The way you move ain’t fair, you know…”
“Hey…Soul sister…”
“I don’t wanna miss…”
“A single thing you do….”
“Tonight…”

“Hey…Hey.”
“Hey, Hey…Hey…”

“Just in time…”
“I’m so glad you have…”
“A one track mind like me..”
“You gave my life direction…”
“A gameshow love connection..”
“We can’t deny..I..I..I..”

“I’m so obsessed…”
“My heart is bound to beat…”
“Right out of my untrimmed chest…”
“I believe in you.”

“Like a virgin you’re Madonna…”
“And I’m always gonna wanna blow your mind.”

“CHORUS”

“The way you can cut a rug…”
“Watching you is the only drug I need.”
“So gangster, I’m so thug.”
“You’re the only one I’m dreaming of.”

“You see…I can be myself finally.”
“In fact there’s nothing I can’t be.”
“I want the world to see you’ll be with me.”

“CHORUS”

“Hey Soul sister.”
“I don’t wanna miss…”
“A single thing you do…”
“Tonight…”

“Hey, hey…hey…”
“Tonight…”
“Hey, hey…hey…”
“Tonight…”

By the time we’re done playing that one we’re kind of drained and for a second Raven and I are staring at each other before we break it up for a break. I slip into the kitchen and get a coke and lean against the counter my heart thumping in my chest. I never knew that singing with a band would be so intense. That singing to someone would be so intense…that the music would catch a hold of me like that.

I slip myself out to the living room and look at the girls who are putting the stuff away. I look at them. “Are we done already?”

Raven looks at me and nods. “Yeah we thought that we’d cut it short tonight and put some more effort in tomorrow. It’s been a long enough day really right? I mean I’m tired and you worked you butt off here today. Maybe we‘ll watch a movie and crash?”

“Okay, I could use some downtime and some sleep.” I try to fight the yawns but as soon as she mentioned being tired it kind of hit me.
Brooklyn and Roxy dig through their DVD’s and I go and shower again and slip into my new underwear and then my mom’s night stuff. I lotion and powder to get or rather keep my head in character and slip on mom’s red satin pajama bottoms and a soft big pink t-shirt and I take some blankets with me into the living room with the girls and Raven made hot chocolate for all of us and there’s a big bowl of communal popcorn and we all sort of gather around the sofa and watch Armageddon and I fall asleep right about that scenes where Ben Afleck’s doing that thing with the animal crackers. I fall asleep with Raven’s curled up to me… behind me…Her breasts pressing against my back and her arm around my waist…Her breathing, that girl smell…Just takes me away to this place that doesn’t hurt…and feels safe.

I hate being a guy and saying this…admitting to it but…

I haven’t had safe in a long time.

I…

I…

I think I cried.

I think I can remember her stroking my hair.

up
340 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

great lines

boy, you really come up with some really great lines:

"she's a little asian Carebear on Redbull"

its great seeing that the band is gelling so well, I can see at some point they are going to blow Summers new band away.
great work, thanks

Googy-goody-gosh LoneWolf:) Thank you so much!

I'm really glad that you liked it so much, I was trying to find a good way to describe Kim/Roxy in Angel/Jason/Jem's terms. Oh, I'm planning on them eventually encountering Summer's band out there while doing gigs and y'know what's Jem without the Misfits.

Thanks for the great comment:)
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Things are looking up for

Things are looking up for Angel, good story looking forward to more.

Thanks for sharing.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

You're Welcome Lizzie:)

Definitely going to write more of this. I'm glad that you liked it.
Thanks for reading and commenting:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Raven and Angel

sounds like they make a cute couple, yes?

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

They definitely could.

There's some very real something going on in between them. Just a few complications though.
Thanks for reading and commenting Dorothy:)
*Great big hugs and congratulations*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Raven being Lesbian

is not a small complication and I hope it does not turn into a 'finding the right man' sort of thing and she discovers she likes men anyway *rolls eyes*. I have found men to be kinda cute but I cannot imagine a long term relationship with a man but then that makes me slightly bisexual.

I like the story, but ....

Kim

That's going to be the thing now isn't it Kim;)

I'm going to try and not make it like that. I never said the complications were small just there were a few of them. I'm not sure how I'm going to go with the whole thing. Raven really likes Angel/Jem and They pass pretty well even at the start of this but while she likes Jase she only likes him and she's not forgetting who Angel is under the clothes and the make up.

Jase/Angel on the other hand wouldn't as he feels it would be "play headgames." with Raven, she's too important to him as a friend. And he's even more sure that there's way too much potential there for a lot of pain if the did hook up because he might be the rebound fling and worse one where she might be questioning her sexuality.

The girls are the closest he's been to anyone in a long time and he'd be seriously hurt if he lost them.

I'd love to hear more thoughts on this:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

I loved it, Thank you

I loved it, Thank you Bailey, didn't mean to rush you:)

It's such a good story and you did it again, wrote another great chapter :)


Click Me!

=^.^=

Become a Patron!

Have a mew of a day!

You're really welcome DarkKitten:)

I wasn't rushed since I was writing it anyway and the song you wanted led me to a few other covers for the band. So really you helped me along with the story.
I like writing for this story I'm getting a different vibe from it than some of the others.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

omg

Zoe Taylor's picture

Now I SO need to get caught up :-P

Thank you both for the dedication *blush*

* * *

"...and then the day came when the
risk to remain tight in a bud was more
painful than the risk it took to blossom."

-- Anais Nin

~* Queen of Sweetness *~

~* Queen of Sweetness *~

Become a Patron for early access ♥

Well I can't speak for Darkkitten but

It was fun, kind of like sending out a radio dedication. And it's a good tune to go along with everything else. Loving Robin and Sarah BTW.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Awwww!

Somehow I doubt the band will be in any great hurry to find a permanent lead singer - especially since Jason / Jem / Angel seems to be the most clued-up of the bunch on independent living - what with tidying up, doing the housework, starting the redecoration of one room, fixing the washing machine, and starting on the laundry! All of that before you even consider the genuine friendships emerging, their unusual circumstances (Brooklyn and Roxy effectively neglected by their parents, Raven kicked out of home for being a lesbian, Jason on the run from Adam the autocrat and authority), the emerging closer relationship between Jason/Angel and Raven (which is probably love, but due to various circumstances it'll probably take a while before they stop dismissing it, admit it to each other and/or the others), not to mention Jason/Angel's talent as a singer/songwriter.

Oh, and I'll try not to write 84-word long sentences containing numerous clauses and parenthetical asides in future comments :)

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Mittfh, You can comment anyway want:)

I really enjoy your comments just the way they are:)

I am really liking the dynamic that's forming between all of them though and I've been even enjoying my mental music shopping trip for cover songs for the band while I'm writing another original for later on.

*Very Big Hugs.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

*SQUEEEE!*

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE! Another chapter. *blush*

Okay, I had to go listen to some Train now after that song. 'Hey Soul Sister' fit beautifully in terms of the chapter and Raven's opening up about her past with Summer.

I loved the symetry of Jase/Angel being there for Raven at the start and Raven being there for Jase/Angel at the end. It gives a real feeling of equality to the relationship between the pair (whatever that actually is! Friends or more?).

I thought the Sam - Cass - Brandon triangle was complex but these two seem to have created a triangle out of just the two of them! Raven likes Angel, Jase likes Raven, and Angel doesn't really exist (at this point anyway). That both of them know this makes it all the more painful, watching them feeling the attraction but not acting on it. I can't help but think of the line from the song by Lenka 'life is a maze and love is a riddle' when I think of these two. In a very cruel way it's going to be fun to watch them dance around the elephant in the room. Of course I'll still be rooting for those crazy mixed up kids to find a way to be together. :-)

Thank you for another chapter of this story. You're spoiling us with this and a chapter of Bridges in the same week!

 


"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life."



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

I loved that:) Jemima.

I think a happy Squee is a great way to be complimented. I loved the way that Train plays that tune and I could so see it being sung by a girl band. I agree about the love triangle made by two. I really like writing this story more and more.

*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Another

This is another story of yours that just tugs at the heartstrings. These girls have been though so much, and yet they refuse to give an inch. I guess I'm including Angel in there too. (Keeping in character... shhh!) I don't know where this is going but the situation is completely screwed up.

Each of your stories are different and yet they all have this power to draw us your readers in. Now, that's good writing!
hugs
Grover

Hey Grover:)

I like the fact this is another enjoyable story for you. I liked he keeping in character joke (Smiles) Jase however is seeing it as a bit more serious as Adam will likely respond with real violence if he and his can get away with it..But yeah I so get what you mean about things being screwed up. But that's part of the fun right?

Thanks for reading and commenting.
*Huge Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Awesome story

I just found your story and had to read all 5 chapters tonight...

I like the Carebear on Redbull comment as it appears to be really fitting. As for describing the others by Angel/Jem's perspective don't stress it too much. Please keep writing and sharing with us, you have outstanding talent and I can see something like this really happening.

The Song by Four Non Blondes is What's Up by the way.

Jayme Ann
The answers to all of life's questions can be found in the face of a true friend

The answers to all of life's questions can be found in the face of a true friend

Hey Jayme Ann:)

I'm glad that you liked the story so far. I'm trying to get a little less in the description stages of some things but not when it comes to being into someone. Noe in those early chapters it's to sort of get the image of them set for the readers and for myself too.

What's Up makes sense, I saw it listed under another name on a lyrics site. My bad, still a good tune though.

Thanks for reading and commenting Jayme Ann.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Maybe you cang get Brandon to help out Bailey?

He's good at that!

Soul Sister,
“Hey…Hey.”
“Hey, Hey…Hey…”

Great song and sound, couldn't have been a better fit for the circumstances.

LoL
Rita

I'm a dyslexic agnostic insomniac.

'Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there's a dog.'

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Thanks Rita!

The song is a great fit but I'm going to have to credit that to DarkKitten who told me about it. As for Brandon helping out? I don't usually do crossovers unless it's in my Evanescence stuff.

Maybe...He did drive Truck before so he might know Angel's Dad.
Thanks for reading and commenting and the possible Idea.
*Big Hugs.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Withering Summer

Who knows, perhaps she was only ever in the band as a glory seeker an when it didn't work out she bailed. Still, with her taking a songbook she may still complicate lives of the band members.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Oh yeah, I'm intending Summer to be one of the villains.

She did leave because she was offered a better deal, but only for her because she was the lead singer. Summer didn't even think of trying to look out for the other girls despite the band gives the singer her sound so much. She stole the binder with their old songs in it and is claiming them as her own and even knowing some of the stuff the girls went through she just left not caring.
Oh Yeah Summers a piece of work.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Wow, Bailey !

This is powerful stuff ! I dont know what you must have had to go through in your life, to be able to feel and express such feelings so realistically and movingly as you have, but I hope you will recover from all the trauma. I do sympathise, have been through quite bit myself. Life sometimes really sucks. I think you should have added a hanky warning though, it is tough to find one's self caught without them handy.

Briar

Briar

I'm glad to hear from you again Briar:)

Missed your comments. I'm sorry though if you've gone through the rough and painful parts of life. They say life's about the journey but they just don't warn you about the road rash or the people trying to run you down.
I'm actually a little less traumatized than a lot of people think, I'm just really able to empathize with situations and write about them. Jem's pretty light compared to Sweet Dreams.
Anyway I'm really glad you're still reading and really happy that you commented.
*Really Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

*smile*

I really had to hold back some tears on this one Bailey Summers!! Real touching chapter!! It does not hurt that I really love stories about music, and well Pink Hair, who does not like pink? :)

Thank you Melinda!

I find that I'm liking writing a rock story and tossing in all the other stuff just makes for a really fun and different thing to write. I'm really glad you're liking this and thanks for getting me started.
*Really Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Sooooo touching!

I can relate to the "Feeling Safe" thing. My school years were no picnic either. Lonnnnnng story!

Great story by the way. It makes the reader feel like they are the story.

Hugs

Vivien

Thanks so much Vivien:)

For so many people the best thing about school was getting out of it alive. Feeling safe is a thing we all need.
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

I love falling into your writing.

Vivien's right Bailey. This story is alive. These girls are alive.
The narrator is in my head; you've made me become Jem.

.
.

Leather_and_jeans.jpg
The girl in me. She's always there,
and tonight, she's Jem
...in a clean kitchen, of course!

Love the Imagery

waif's picture

You write beautifully.

Well Roxy hugged me about forty times. I swear she's a little asian Carebear on Redbull.

Deliciously descriptive.

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

...

"I fall asleep with Raven’s curled up to me… behind me…Her breasts pressing against my back and her arm around my waist…Her breathing, that girl smell…Just takes me away to this" Special place, and if I stay too long I'll probably break down and cry!