Mission Impossible? Part 8

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 12

Amber exited the Miami freeway, driving onto the main thoroughfare where Angel’s hotel was located. Manuel instructed her to cruise slowly past the plush hotel into a parking lot; there to circle back then park on the opposite side of the street. The pair silently sat scanning the area and vehicles along side the building’s art deco facade searching for signs of other assassins.

Seeing no evidence of another hit team, Manuel told Amber to get rid of the stolen vehicle before going back to her apartment. The big Colombian exited the white SUV, crossed the street only to walk past the hotel, next to vanish around the corner. The t-girl pulled away from the curb and imagined what Major Brewer was going to say about having to rent another vehicle. Amber hoped the new rental would be a sportier Mustang; maybe a yellow convertible she dreamed.

Amber parked the team’s SUV on a near side street then walked to the apartment complex. Once inside the apartment she shared with Major Brewer, she slipped off her spiked heels, made a pot of coffee and started creating a timeline of events for the inevitable debriefing to follow.

She had completed her initial outline when the chorus of Elton John’s The Bitch is Back played on her cell phone signaling the expected call from Major Brewer.

“Hi Amber, this is Janice. How’s your evening going?”

“It’s ok Major, I’m alone.”

“Are you alright?”

“Yes. I’m not hurt.”

“What is your location?”

“I’m at our apartment.”

“Logan and I are in a cab and we will be there in a few moments. You should start collecting your thoughts.”

“I’ve finished a time line and I’ve added some notes.”

“Good girl. I am glad you are ok. We will see you in a few minutes.”

Amber snapped the cell phone shut. Sitting alone on the couch she realized what actually happened. She put her hand over her mouth then darted to the bathroom.

The debriefing lasted several hours. While the detailed outline plus Amber’s supplemental notes helped, the trio consumed two pots of coffee along with a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts but was no closer to finishing the debriefing by midnight. The team went over the episode at The Topic in minute detail. The CID agent and Intelligence officer questioned Amber over each of her actions at the restaurant, making her describe every element while making their own notes.

Near 2 a.m. Amber once more repeated how she incapacitated the slim South American by the women’s restroom when Janice stopped her mid sentence.

“Amber, you are giving us a memorized speech.”

The young t-girl sighed. She picked up a half eaten doughnut only to toss it back onto the coffee table in disgust. She stood, flipped her head backward pushing her hair out of her face.

“Ok. Let’s call it a night,” the CID agent stated, “We can start fresh in the morning.”

“Ooh…I have to go…somewhere…tomorrow…uh…this morning,” Amber realized.

“With Corazon?” Janice asked.

“No. I’m going to the hospital with Rienhart. He’s starting his chemotherapy this morning.”

“I am sorry to hear that. I didn’t know he was ill. I know you like him,” Janice said, “You go ahead with him. We will complete the interview after you get back.”

“Thank you Major,” Amber said, “I’m heading on to bed. I’ll see you guys later.”

She bent down kissing Janice on the cheek; she looked over at Logan and waved. She turned to go to her room but paused to lift her hair off her collar.

“Can you unbutton me?” Amber asked.

The handsome Captain rose from his chair. His eyes followed the backless dress’ hem up the t-girl’s back then across her shoulders while he unfastened the twin buttons holding the collar together. He was keenly aware Major Brewer watched him undress her protégé. Completing his task, the CID agent cleared his throat and wiped his hands on his dark slacks before returning to his seat.

“Thanks,” Amber said disappearing down the hall.

++++++++++++++++++++

“What do you think this is an episode from Miami Vice?” Lt. Colonel Washington questioned.

“Colonel, another Cartel faction entered the restaurant in what appears to have been an assassination attempt on our subject. Our operative tried to remove our subject from the premises before any attempt or action took place,” Major Brewer explained.

“Major, a man was killed. One of the best restaurants in Miami was shot up.”

“Our operative was fired upon and returned fire in self defense. She saved our subject’s bodyguard by killing the gunman.”

“Major Brewer, it made the national news! I had a Deputy Director from Homeland Security call me at 11:30 last night to tell me Geraldo Rivera mentioned the incident on his Sunday night program. The Deputy Director then asked me if it was a planned part of my operation.”

“Colonel, no evidence linking our operative’s participation in the incident can or will be found. The restaurant has no security cameras. There are no witnesses available who can testify with any accuracy our operative was there. Any evidence linking our operative to the incident will not be found.”

“I don’t want to hear anything about evidence tampering Major.”

“You won’t maam.” Major Brewer confirmed.

“I want a full report ASAP. If anything like this happens again, I’m pulling the plug Major. This show will be cancelled.”

“Colonel, it won’t happen again.”

The phone’s intercom went dead.

An electronic voice indicated the other party had left the call. The blonde intelligence officer reached over and pressed the power button on the phone. She tapped her pen on the table top. She glanced up at Logan then over at Amber.

“Janice, the hit team was an unforeseen event,” the CID agent reflected.

“I know.”

“Amber did exactly what she should have. She communicated with us. She removed one adversary with non lethal force,” Logan listed his points, “She tried to remove the subject and herself from immediate danger. She returned fire only self defense then she evaded capture.”

“Logan, I know. Amber you did well. WE should have recognized the danger,” Janice said.

“What do we do now?” Amber asked.

“We continue with the plan. You will meet with Corazon. Nothing has changed,” Major Brewer said, “When do you meet with him again?”

“I haven’t heard from him yet,” Amber replied.

“Give it time, Janice. He is scared and thinking what his next move is,” Logan reasoned.

“If last night’s action signals the start of a Cartel civil war the mission could be in jeopardy. His psych profile states he will not put himself in any danger. He may flee the country and return to Colombia,” Janice said to no one in particular.

Amber bit her lip then crossed the room to stand next to Logan who gave her a reassuring smile. The muscular Army investigator nodded Amber towards the door.

“Janice, Amber and I are going to go walk along the beach. Why don’t you come with us and clear your head?”

“No, I want to think this thing through.”

“Are you sure, Major? It’s really pretty this afternoon.” Amber cajoled.

“No, you two go ahead.”

The pair exited the apartment leaving their team lead alone. Major Brewer picked up the Miami Herald reading the headline again, “More Drug Violence” over the story of the mayhem at The Tropic. A smaller column sub-heading asked “A Return to the 80’s?” followed by a story of the Cartel being linked multiple murders in Colombia.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Several days passed with no contact from Angel. The CIA verified Corazon had not left the country but the DEA could not confirm if he remained at his hotel. The government’s hyper sensitive directional microphones and high powered photo lenses could not penetrate loud music and closed blinds. The stakeout teams resorted to less sophisticated techniques to determine if Angel stayed in his suite.

Posing as hotel staff, female federal agents tried to gain access when the room was to be cleaned but a “Do Not Disturb” sign along with a chained door thwarted their efforts. Other agents were successful in their efforts to spy upon the drug lord when food was ordered through room service. These informants established Angel remained in his room while Manuel had not left his employer’s side.

Amber suggested she could “drop by” to see Angel, however, Janice and Logan rejected her plan. The intelligence officer believed Corazon may see this as a security threat based upon his psychiatric profile while the CID agent worried for Amber’s safety. Both senior team members agreed it was the Cartel deputy’s move.

Amber continued her normal routine and waited for Angel to contact her. She hoped he would attend one of her sets at The Peacock but the weekend came and went with no communication from the drug lord. On the following Monday, Amber went with Rienholt to his chemotherapy session then back to his hotel. After the session, she saw him into bed then left the club owner to return to her own apartment. Once in the taxi, instead of returning to her apartment she instructed the cab driver to drive to Angel’s hotel.

“Good morning, Miss,” the hotel doorman said as he opened the cab door.

“Good morning. Thank you, how are you?” Amber replied.

“Fine, thank you. Do you have any luggage?”

“No, I am here to see a friend.”

“Of course,” the doorman said shutting the cab door.

Amber entered the luxurious hotel stopping briefly at the desk to ask for Corazon’s room number. Securing the information she stepped into an open elevator and pressed the button marked for the 17th floor.

The young TG examined herself in the lift’s stainless steel doors. Self consciously she tugged at the hem of her red, ribbed tank top smoothing it over her white denim short shorts. Amber did an “about face” then looked over her should to inspect her bottom. Satisfied she returned to face the doors glanced down at her red sling back wedges and wiggled her French manicured toes. She smiled at her reflection once more only to lean forward to check her lipstick in the metal surface.

She jumped as the elevator “dinged” announcing she arrived on the 17th floor. When the doors opened she stepped out onto floor’s lobby and turned toward the hallway only to bump into a maintenance cart.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” she said to the two men.

The two men in hotel maintenance jumpsuits didn’t respond but pushed the cart passed her into the elevator. Amber turned toward the hallway when she felt herself lifted of the floor with a huge hand over her mouth. Struggling, she was carried into the elevator by the larger maintenance worker.

Once the lift’s door shut, she was sat down at the back of the elevator. Both employees took off their hats then ignored her as they began to remove their hotel jumpsuits. She leaned against the paneled wall and watched the two men peal off their costumes to Dionne Warwick’s “Do You Know the Way to San Jose” playing on the intercom.

“Ooh go baby…take it off,” she commented.

Angel looked at Amber with a grin on his face while Manuel only grunted. Finished, the pair stuffed the borrowed uniforms into the cart then straightened the clothes they wore under the overalls. Amber stepped forward to comb the drug lord’s black hair with her fingers followed by a long kiss.

“I missed you. Where have you been? Why haven’t you called me? I thought something had happened to you,” Amber spoke rapidly at Angel.

“Busy with work. I have no time right now for play. You will have to go with us.”

“Work? Where are we going? Why were you dressed that way?”

“The DEA is watching our room but we hired some locals to pretend to be us. They sit in the room all day, listening to music, ordering room service, and watching pay per view. We put on these hotel uniforms and pass by the Federales.”

“So the Feds think you are in the room?”

“Yes.”

“How long have you two been doing this?

“For about a week,” the drug lord looked to his bodyguard, “Manuel came up with the idea.”

“Good job, big guy!” Amber looked up at the Colombian.

“Gracias, chica,” Manuel said smiling.

The elevator chimed and the doors opened in lowest floor of the parking garage. Manuel led the way to the back of the lot where a dirty, late model Chevy was parked. Angel opened the door for Amber who slid across the bench seat next to the big Colombian. The bodyguard started the car’s engine and slowly drove up the exit ramps and out into the Miami sun.

The trio drove south along the shore line for some time until they came to a marina. Manuel left the freeway to enter a boat dock where a large cruiser christened “Take a Chance” sat tied to a pier. Manuel untied the boat from the dock while Angel helped Amber onto the craft. The bodyguard pushed the boat away from the pier, leaped onto the cruiser and began to pilot the boat out of the harbor.

The young tg sat down on a side bench topped with an orange cushion, crossed her tanned legs while pushing down her sunglasses from the top of her hair. She gazed toward the prow of the boat and out over the blue ocean towards the endless horizon then looked behind her and saw the hotels and freeway become smaller in the distance then finally the shoreline disappeared from view. Amber returned her attention to the cabin where she saw Angel come from below with two Dos XXs in his hand. He sauntered slowly to her, sat down next to her and handed her one of the cold beers.

“Gracias,” she said taking a long drink.

“De nada.”

Angel pointed out a pair of dolphins off to the side. The t-girl leaped up on her knees to peer over at the aquatic mammals speeding through the bright blue water. The pair kept pace with the cruiser for several minutes shooting out of the water briefly then dive into the water to continue their race. Amber placed a hand on Angel’s shoulder to steady herself only to feel his lips on her hand placing soft kisses. She smiled at him reaching over to his free hand to squeeze it. Amber’s eyes darted forward to the cabin to see Manuel busy steering the craft toward the east. She placed one hand on each side of Angel’s face and passionately kissed him. When they parted, she leaned back on her heels, looking into his brown eyes. Her heart raced; embarrassed she looked away toward the ocean her tears running down her face.

“What is wrong mi novia?” he asked.

When she heard his words, she turned away from him and wiped her seemingly endless tears. He put his hands gently on her shoulders but she sobbed even more. She quickly turned around hugged him tightly, so tightly, he moaned for breath.

“Nothing. Nothing at all. I am just happy.”

“You are a strange girl.”

“I know.”

For about an hour the boat headed east when Manual finally begin to slow the boat down. Angel went forward and spoke for several minutes in low tones to his aide. Amber stood up and walked toward the two men who stopped talking when they noticed her approach.

“What’s up? Why did we stop?” she asked looking at the men.

“I wanted to speak to Manuel over something. Why don’t you go below to the cabin and rest for a while,” Angel said.

“I’m not tired.”

“I’m think you are. You seem…”

The Cartel deputy was interrupted by the sound of a low-flying aircraft. As one, the trio looked behind them to see a small single engine plane heading directly towards them. Manuel quickly walked back to the stern of the cruiser where he picked up a long grappling hook.

“Go below, now”, the Columbian harshly said.

“but what is…”

“Now!”

Amber heard the menace in his voice. She meekly complied with the command, followed the steps down into the lower cabin shutting the twin louver doors behind her. The plane came closer, went directly over the boat then the sound of its engine faded in the distance. She waited only a few seconds, climbed the stairs to peek through the doors’ slats. She saw both men standing at the stern of the boat, hauling a large plastic wrapped package, the plane obviously dropped, into the boat with the help of the grappling hook.

The package was wrapped in blue plastic then tied with several large bands. It was about the size of a big dresser Amber’s aunt once had, roughly four by six feet. The men grunted and cursed as they pulled the wrapped container into the cruiser. Once on the deck, Amber saw the bottom of the container sat on enormous inflated floats.

Manuel took out a wicked looking knife. He cut the bands from wrapped container then stripped the plastic off to reveal an industrial sized rubber tub. The big Columbian unsnapped the locks and popped the lid opened. Angel reached in to take out the expected contents, blocks of cocaine.

up
70 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Mission Impossible Part 8

WOW! Love where story is going!

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Right in the middle of it!

Well she couldn't be any deeper in the mess as she is now!

Good story Amber, lots of fun and action, thanks.

LoL
Rita

I'm a dyslexic agnostic insomniac.

'Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there's a dog.'

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita