Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 12.

Printer-friendly version

Project Guardian.

Book one: Angel

By SaraUK

 

Chapter 12 of 15

Synopsis:

How far would you be willing to go to protect your sister? Find out how far one brother's willing to, to protect his sister.


Story:

    Lexi was laying in bed watching Sarah sleep, she was worried about Sarah because she’d been tossing and turning in her sleep like she’d been having a nightmare about something. Given everything that had happened over the past week, Lexi wasn’t surprised. Lexi couldn’t help but wonder what had happened in those six months that were missing from the file Lana had made up. “Maybe she found someone that she thought she loved?” Lexi thought to herself. Lexi had a darker thought, but she hoped that was just her mind thinking the worse. Sarah waking up snapped Lexi out of her thoughts and she smiled at Sarah when she saw her eyes flutter open and look at her.

     “Morning sleepyhead.” Lexi smiled just before leaning over and kissing her on the lips.

     “Morning sexy.” Sarah said with a grin after the first kiss, and just before getting a second and a third. “I still think I’m dreaming every time I see you here with me Lexi.” Sarah added as she hugged Lexi for all she was worth.

     “It’s no dream Saz. I’m here for you no matter what.” Lexi said as she hugged Sarah back. Lexi wanted to plant the seed that no matter what happened in the past, she would always be there for Sarah in the future.

    Sarah seemed to take comfort in that and they were soon up and dressed in swim suits and knocking on Alice and Lana’s door to let them know they were ready to take a swim before sorting out some breakfast.

    Alice and Lana were both wearing swim suits, so they all went down to the pool for a swim, then they returned to Lexi’s apartment for a breakfast of fruit and yogurt.

    Lexi gave Alice and Lana a hug and a kiss on the cheek before spending a little longer kissing and saying goodbye to Sarah. Lexi then left to go and pick up Tim and then Mellissa before taking them both to school.

     “Coms check, you reading me loud and clear Lana?” Lexi asked as she drove down the freeway towards Tim’s house.

     “Loud and clear G. Both trackers are working fine and the subjects are still at their homes.” Lana said getting all the mission stuff out the way.

     “Bill and Ted on the camera feeds?” Lexi asked, but already knowing they would be. She giggled when she got her answer.

     “Dudette, you should know better than to even ask such a thing by now.” Bill’s voice said in her ear.

     “Sorry Bill, Ted, but its all part of the mission check list, I have to ask it.” Lexi replied just before she giggled some more.

    Lexi just heard a lot of mumbling on the other end as Bill and Ted moaned to each other about Lexi asking stupid questions and the need to scrap the check list Bob had put in place.

     “Have you heard from the old man yet?” Lexi finally asked Lana.

    Bob had gone to see some people in Washington, trying to get some answers to why Guardian was being used on protection detail with some teenage girl and her father, even if he was a senator. Bob had a bad feeling about it all and he was pulling in some favours to get to the bottom of just what this senator had his hands in.

     “Not much, but what he has found isn’t good.” Lana warned. “It looks like the senator has his hands in some very shady deals to do with black ops.” Lana added with a worried tone to her voice.

     “Please don’t tell me he’s been dealing with the CIA?” Lexi whined.

    Lexi wasn’t afraid of the CIA, but she had locked horns with them more than once. She always left them licking their wounds. They had tried to snatch Alice more than once in the past three years as well, wanting her as part of their company.

     “It gets better than that G. It looks like he’s been blackmailing them in some way.” Lana said sounding really worried now. “So keep an eye out for anything that looks out of place or strange to you.” Lana added in warning.

     “This just keeps getting better and better.” Lexi said with a sigh. “So much for a simple babysitting job then.” She added.

     “The old man said that Senator Green isn’t well liked up on the hill, and he’s been treading on toes right left and centre to climb up through the ranks.” Lana said. “The old man is looking into some things he’s heard about the death of his wife at the minute as well.” Lana added.

     “Do you think he had something to do with her death?” Lexi asked with shock in her voice.

     “He’s not sure yet, but Doug Green married into money, and Mellissa and her mum were both in the car when it crashed.”

     “What caused the car crash in the first place?” Lexi asked.

     “Tyre blew out while they were on the freeway.” Lana said after a couple of seconds. “Mellissa was thrown from the car just before it blew up.” Lana added as she read the details on the screen to Lexi.

     “The car blew up after a tyre blow out?” Lexi asked with a sick sounding little laugh. “Cars don’t just blow up unless they have some help, not unless it’s Hollywood.” Lexi added.

     “That’s what’s got the old man looking a little deeper into everything to do with this mission. He also wants to find out who got us involved.” Lana said.

     “So you don’t think it was Senator Green then?” Lexi asked.

     “No, he would be the last person to want us protecting his daughter if he wanted her dead. The old man thinks that someone got wind of the real truth behind his wife’s death and is now trying to protect the daughter from him.” Lana warned.

     “This all sounds like a classic CIA mission to me.” Lexi said as she pulled off the freeway on her way to Tim’s house. “If that is the case, they will want to kill Mellissa in such a way as it looks like an accident with no connection to the Senator.” Lexi said more to herself than to Lana back in coms.

     “You know what to look for now G. I’ll let you know more as I find it out from the old man.” Lana said before signing off.

    Lexi was soon pulling up outside Tim’s house, she got out and walking up the path to the front door and rang the bell. A tired looking young woman answered the door. “Hello, you must be Lexi?” The woman asked as she opened the door fully to let Lexi step into the house with a warm smile.

     “How did you know I was Lexi?” She asked with a puzzled look on her face.

     “I know you may find this hard to believe hon, but Tim doesn’t have that many young women come calling for him, and he did nothing but tell me about that car of yours last night while we ate dinner.” The woman giggled. “I must thank you for that wonderful chilli by the way.” She added with a smile.

     “I’m glad you liked it.” Lexi smiled back at her. “Tim looked tired and I wanted to make sure he got a proper meal in him, and he said how hard you worked, so thought it would give you a night off from sorting something out Mrs Phoenix.”

     “Oh it’s just Ms, I never married the loser. But please call me Maggie.” She said with a smile as she held out her hand to shake Lexi’s

    Lexi took an instant liking to Maggie. She was friendly and had a pretty face even if it did look tired from working to many long hours. Lexi found herself wondering if she could talk the old man into helping them out in some way to make it so Maggie could spend more time with her son, but Lexi wasn’t sure if Tim would be happy with his mum being around more if he was into dressing like a girl. Lexi decided to leave it as it was for now.

     “You have a wonderful son Maggie. He was kind enough to share his lunch with me yesterday while at school.” Lexi said to try and make Tim sound even more special to his mum.

     “That’s Tim all over.” Maggie said with pride. “He told me about you saving him from those two boys that keep picking on him. Thank you for that.” Maggie added with a tear in her eye as she gave Lexi a hug.

     “Think nothing of it Maggie. He is good friends with Mellissa, so I can keep an eye on both of them while I’m at school, and I’ll do what I can out of school as well.” Lexi said as she hugged Maggie.

     “I’m sorry about that Lexi, but I worry about him all the time. He used to be so sad, but now he goes out a lot more with Mellissa, she’s a life saver to him.” Maggie smiled. “She spends more time here than at her own home.” Maggie added with a giggle.

     “They said they just found each other one day and have been best friends ever since. They are very close to each other.” Lexi said with a smile.

     “Yes they are.” Maggie smiled back as she looked to be deep in thought. “I got home from work one night and found Mellissa sat on the sofa watching a movie with Tim. They have been best friends ever since.” Maggie added with a shrug.

    Tim came running down the hallway with a big grin on his face when he saw Lexi stood talking to his mum. “See mum, I told you she was beautiful!” Tim said as he skidded to a halt just in front of his mum and Lexi. “And she can cook as well.” He added.

     “Timothy! It’s not nice to say things like that.” Maggie scolded him. “There are a lot of pretty girls that can cook.” Maggie added as she played with her hair.

     “I only know three pretty girls and they can all cook very well.” Tim smiled as he kissed his mum on the cheek.

     “I hope I’m one of them young man?” Maggie giggled as she pulled him into a hug with her as she started to cover his face in kisses.

     “Mum, stop that.” Tim whined as he tried to break free, but he wasn’t big enough or strong enough to do it.

     “Not until you say that I am one of the three girls you think can cook.” Maggie said between kisses.

     “You already know you are mum! I only know three pretty girls.” Tim said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

    Lexi noticed it, but she didn’t think Maggie had. Lexi was seeing more and more signs of Tim being transgender in some way, but only time and a sit down talk with him alone would find out which one he fell into. Lexi felt sorry for him if he felt he should have been a girl like she was because every time you see a pretty girl in a nice skirt or dress, you just wanted to be the one wearing it and looking just as pretty.

     “I hope I’m another one of them Tim?” Lexi asked with a grin as she wrapped an arm around his shoulder.

     “Yes you are Lexi, and Mellissa is the third.” Tim said with pride. “Oh why I think about it mum, Mellissa is coming over to study tonight, so is it okay if she stops for dinner and then get a lift home later in the evening?” Tim asked with some pleading in his voice.

     “You know it is dear. I’m surprised you even ask me anymore.” Maggie smiled as she gave her son one last hug before letting him leave with Lexi so they could go and pick Mellissa up.

    Tim got in the front passenger seat next to Lexi and smiled as he looked around the inside of the mustang again. “I want a car just like this when I’m old enough to drive.” Tim told Lexi as she started the car and pulled away from the curb with a wave to his mum still stood at the doorway.

     “You’ll need a good paying job first Tim.” Lexi giggled.

     “Details, details.” Tim said with a wave of his hand and a giggle. “I can dream if I want to.” He added with a pout, just like a girl would do.

    Lexi looked at him a little strangely, but was soon giggling again to remove the worried look Tim now had. “I hope your dreams come true Tim.” Lexi said with a smile.

     “I hope so to.” Tim said with a sigh.

    Lexi was just pulling into Mellissa’s driveway and waiting for the guard to open the large iron gates to let her drive up to the house, so she never said anymore to Tim about his dreams. Mellissa was stood waiting for them with another man Lexi knew to be her father, or step father as it turned out to be. Mellissa was one when her mum met Doug Green.

     “So you must be Ms B Heaven then?” Doug asked with a smile that never made it to his eyes, so Lexi knew he wasn’t happy to see her at all. “You look a little on the small side for a bodyguard?” He asked with a chuckle.

     “Size isn’t everything sir, and please call me Lexi.” Lexi said with a sweet smile, but really she just wanted to grab him by the balls and squeeze until he screamed like a little girl. Lexi could here Lana in her ear telling her to calm down and take deep breaths. Lana knew her so well by now.

     “I thought your name was Becky?” Doug asked with a puzzled look.

     “It is. Ms Becky Alexis Heaven, but everyone just calls me Lexi.” She said with a wave of her hand.

     “Well Lexi, I trust Mellissa isn’t being too much trouble for you?” Doug asked.

     “I’m sure that’s what you’re paying her the big bucks for daddy.” Mellissa said, but put real hatred in the last word. “Let’s get to school now!” Mellissa said as she got in the front passenger seat that Tim had been in, but was now sat in the back hiding from Senator Green.

    Doug Green looked glad to be rid of her for the day as he helped Lexi get in before closing the door for her. “I won’t be home this evening Mellissa, so the cook will make whatever you want for dinner.” Doug said with the same smile he used on Lexi. Cold with no feeling behind it.

     “Fine, but I’ll be studying round at Tim’s after school, so I may just grab something on the way home, or eat there with them.” Mellissa snapped at him.

     “Fine, do whatever you want.” Doug said looking angry at the fact Mellissa wouldn’t be home for dinner tonight after all. He just walked back up to the house getting his phone out to make a call as he walked.

    Lexi started the car and pulled off down the drive again and out the gate before heading towards school. Lexi had only just met Doug Green and she already hated the man and the way he looked at her, Tim and Mellissa. He didn’t like anyone, least of all Mellissa, which was plain to see. Lexi was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Mellissa speaking to her.

     “I’m sorry for sounding like a bitch just now Lexi, but if he knew I liked you, he’d have you replaced with someone I didn’t like.” Mellissa said looking sad. “He just loves making my life miserable.” She added with a frown.

     “Don’t worry about it Mellissa.” Lexi smiled at her. “I can see that you don’t get on with each other.” Lexi added.

     “We never have. I think he wishes I’d died with my mother in the car crash.” Mellissa said close to tears. “I take it you already know that he’s not my real father right?”

     “Yes I am aware of that, and that you survived the accident that claimed your mother’s life.” Lexi said with a sad look as she took hold of Mellissa’s hand. “If you ever need to talk, just give me a call and I’ll come and meet you some place away from home and the evil step dad.” Lexi added with a funny face.

    Mellissa was soon giggling again, and feeling much better. “Thanks for being so understanding about things Lexi.” Mellissa smiled. “It would be nice to have a woman to talk to about things.” She added.

    Lexi was soon pulling into the school grounds and parking her car. Most the kids had learned the day before that Mellissa was being watched by a bodyguard and they also knew that Tim was her friend, so they all kept away from the pair of them. Tim found it nice to be hassle free for once and made the most of it in class and out in the sun during lunch break. Tim and Mellissa shared their lunch with Lexi before she left them sat under the tree while she went to chat with Lana. Lexi got her phone out, but didn’t need to call Lana, as she already had her on coms in her ear.

     “Hey Lana, you still there?” Lexi asked as she sat on a bench still within sight of Mellissa and Tim.

     “Yep, still here and watching you on the security cameras.” Lana’s voice said in her ear. “Everything looks clear on this end. No strange looking vans or people around.” Lana added.

     “I’ve not seen anything odd here, but Mellissa’s father was acting a little odd when he found out Mellissa wouldn’t be at home for dinner this evening.” Lexi told her.

     “You don’t think he was planning to try something in his own home do you?” Lana asked with worry in her voice.

     “Hard to say, but it would be simple to fake a break in and make it look like she got killed during a failed break in attempt.” Lexi offered. “You know how the CIA likes the simple plans the best.” Lexi added.

     “Bob hasn’t found out anything new, but with him sniffing around up on the hill, all we can hope is that it will make them back off for a bit until he stops looking.” Lana said.

     “I hope so too Lana. I’ll make a big show of keeping an eye on Mellissa for the rest of the week. Hopefully that will make any would be killers back off as well.” Lexi said as she watched a couple of guys making their way over to where Mellissa and Tim were still sat under the tree.

     “I better let you get back to work Lexi; it looks like the sharks are circling.” Lana giggled as she could see the two guys heading towards Mellissa and Tim as well.

     “What is it with school bullies picking on the little kids?” Lexi asked as she stood up.

     “Go get them tiger.” Lana giggled before letting Lexi go and sort out this new spot of trouble.

    The two lads were kicking Tim’s feet while Mellissa was telling them to go away, but using much more colourful words.

     “Me and my friend here don’t think that woman is a bodyguard at all. We think you hired her to make you two look good, not that it’s working.” Bully number one said, while bully number two just laughed.

     “I thought you two have been warned about thinking and how it could be bad for you?” Mellissa asked, still not worried about either of them. She’d also seen Lexi walking back over to them from behind the two bullies.

     “Don’t think that because you’re a girl, I won’t hit you Green.” Bully one warned her.

     “I’m glad to hear that asshole.” Lexi said as she tapped him on the shoulder so he’d turn to face her. “Why don’t you try picking on me?” Lexi asked with an evil smile.

     “You don’t scare me little girl.” Bully number one said as he went to push Lexi backwards, but she grabbed his hand and bent it back until he fell to his knees in pain from how hard she was gripping it.

     “Hey! Get off him you...” Was all his friend got out before Lexi turned slightly to face him and then kicked him right between the legs, dropping him in a heap as he cupped what was left of his privates.

     “I’ll have you kicked off school grounds for this you crazy bitch!” Bully number one said with some pain in his voice as Lexi kept hold of his hand.

     “Fine with me, I’m sure that the whole school will love the fact that you and your partner in crime got their asses kicked by a little girl like me.” Lexi giggled. “I think you’ll also find that the security camera over there also picked up the image of you starting it all when you pushed me.” Lexi added in a sweet little voice.

     “This isn’t over you crazy bitch!” Bully number two said between groans, and Lexi thought his voice sounded a little higher than it should for a young man, but Lexi thought the fact that she just tried to relocate his nuts to another part of his body might have something to do with it.

     “I’m sure it is Mr Kenneth Delain of...” Lexi went on to tell the boy on the floor where he lived and what his father did for a living. “And I’m sure that you Mr Peter Duffy of...” Lexi then went on to tell that boy where he lived and what his father and mother did for a living. Thanks to Lana feeding Lexi the information through her ear wig.

    Both boys looked freaked out when Lexi started telling them that she knew who they were and where they lived. Lexi even went on to tell them that she could make some calls and make life very hard for the two boys parents if she wanted to.

     “I think it best if we just forget the whole thing ever happened.” Peter winced as he was still in a lot of pain from where Lexi still had hold of his hand.

     “Let’s not just forget about it,” Lexi smiled. “Why don’t we remember this and you two help me look after these two? I’d hate to see either of them get picked on, and then me have to come looking for you later.” Lexi warned the two boys.

    The two boys looked at each other and then nodded when they realised that they were now stuck with protecting Mellissa and Tim instead of bullying them. Lexi let go of Peter’s hand and then helped his friend Kenneth up off the floor.

     “I’d go and put some ice on them if I was you Kenneth.” Lexi said remembering what it felt like to get kicked there before she had them removed.

     “The names Ken.” He said with some anger in his voice still.

     “If I find out either of you picked on Tim or Mellissa again, or let anyone else pick on them, I’ll be calling you Kendra instead.” Lexi warned him with a smile that made the two boys look even more worried.

    Lexi went and sat back down under the tree with Mellissa and Tim as they watched the two boys walk away very slowly. Peter with a bad hand, his friend Ken looking like he’d just been kicked in the nuts. Lexi had to giggle when she looked at a very red faced Tim and Mellissa as they both finally lost it and burst out laughing.

     “That was amazing Lexi.” Mellissa finally got out when she could speak again.

     “I never would have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes.” Tim said between gasps, as he tried to get his breath back from laughing so hard.

     “Do you really think they will stop other kids from picking on Tim and me?” Mellissa asked once she was recovered from all the laughing.

     “Yes I do, they will help keep the other kids in line around the two of you now, so I can keep an eye out for other threats.” Lexi told them.

     “How did you know all that stuff about them?” Tim asked.

     “A little birdie told me.” Lexi smiled.

     “Hey! Who you calling a little birdie?” Lana asked in her ear.

     “Okay, a really big bird told me everything about them.” Lexi giggled.

     “Are you calling me fat!?” Lana screamed down the ear wig at Lexi.

     “No, but you were the one that didn’t want to be called a little birdie.” Lexi grumbled as she winced from the pain of Lana just shouting at her. “So make up your mind will you woman.” Lexi added as she looked off into space.

     “Are you okay Lexi?” Mellissa asked as she looked at Lexi talking to herself, or more to the point having an argument with herself.

     “She’s fine Mel; she’s just talking to someone on an ear wig.” Tim pointed out.

     “What’s an ear wig? Some sort of alien bug?” Mellissa asked with a strange look on her face.

     “No silly, it’s a device that goes in the ear so the person can listen and talk to another person without anyone knowing about it.” Tim said with a giggle.

    Lexi couldn’t help but notice that Tim did that girlie giggle again as he playfully slapped Mellissa on the leg. “Lana? Do you mind saying hello to Mellissa and Tim?” Lexi asked thin air.

     “Sure, I’m always eager to meet new people.” Lana said sounding happy for someone other than Bill, Ted and Lexi to speak to.

    Lexi pulled the little device out her ear and then placed it in Mellissa’s ear for her. “This is my friend Lana.” Lexi said.

     “Hello Mellissa, I hope my friend Lexi is looking after you okay?” Mellissa heard a woman’s voice say to her like she was stood right next to her.

    Hel... Hello Lana.” Mellissa said as she looked around to make sure the woman wasn’t stood anywhere near them. “Lexi’s amazing and so cool.” Mellissa added with a giggle.

     “Yes she is, but don’t ever tell her I said that, or she’d never let me forget it.” Lana said as she rolled her eyes and made it sound like she was doing that in her voice as well.

    Mellissa giggled some more. “Your secret is safe with me Lana.”

     “Good girl, now pop the ear wig out and let Lexi put it in Tim’s ear so I can say hi to him as well.” Lana said.

     “Okay, Bye Lana, and thanks for helping Lexi to look after me and Tim.” Mellissa said before removing the ear wig and placing it in Lexi’s open palm.

    Tim eagerly turned his head so Lexi could put the ear wig in his ear. “Hi Lana!” Tim shouted.

     “Hello Tim, you don’t need to shout kiddo.” Lana said with a giggle. Just talk normally and I can hear you just fine.” Lana added in a calm soothing voice.

     “Sorry, but this is my first ear wig.” Tim said at his normal volume.

     “I should hope it is, unless you’re a spy in your spare time Tim?” Lana asked with another giggle. “How’s my friend Lexi treating you?” Lana asked.

     “She’s so wicked Lana. She’s like a real life Sydney Bristow.” Tim said referring to the TV program Alias, about a female spy. “Or Nikita.” Tim added with excitement as he thought about the new TV program he’d started watching with Maggie Q in it.

     “You’ve just named two of my favourite TV shows there Tim, but don’t let Lexi know she’s like them. There’ll be no living with her if she does.” Lana warned.

     “It’s a little late for that Lana.” Tim pointed out. “She’s sat right here with a big grin on her face.” He added as he looked at Lexi grinning at him.

     “I thought she would be.” Lana sighed. “You better pass me back over to her then.” Lana added with a giggle.

     “Okay Lana, it was nice talking to you. Bye!” Tim said before taking the ear wig back out and handing it over to Lexi again.

    Lexi put it back in her ear and then did a coms check. “You still with me Lana?”

     “Loud and clear Sidney.” Lana’s voice said in her ear with a little giggle at the end.

    Lexi giggled at the fact Lana just called her Sidney, so she decided to have some fun with her too. “Okay Kitt keep an eye out for any sign of trouble.” Lexi told her.

     “I’m not some talking car!” Lana moaned in her ear. “Please tell me I mean more to you than that Lexi?” Lana pleaded with her friend.

     “Yes you are more to me than a talking car Lana.” Lexi said with a smile. “They’re no dents in your body work that need sorting out baby.” Lexi added with a purr.

     “Don’t let Alice hear you talking dirty to me like that, and you shouldn’t be talking like that in front of kids either.” Lana warned.

     “Sorry mum.” Lexi whined just before she started giggling again. “I’ll talk to you later after I’ve got these two safely to class.” Lexi added before signing off.

    Lexi walked with Mellissa and Tim until they got to the classroom they had their next lesson in, then she walked back outside to take a look around, but she didn’t see anything out of place, or any new work being done around the school, so she found a quiet place in the sun and started chatting to Lana about Sarah.

     “I had a quick chat with Sarah last night about the six month blank spot in her history.” Lana said.

     “And what did she say about it?” Lexi asked.

     “She’s going to sit and talk to you about it, but not until you’ve finished this mission.” Lana warned. “So give her some time, and please don’t go looking for stuff on your own.” Lana added with even more warning in her voice.

     “I promise not to go snooping around.” Lexi said with a sigh.

    The rest of the school day was easy for Lexi, everyone had seen Ken and Peter step in and stop a couple of other kids picking on Tim, so now everyone was leaving him alone. Even Mellissa was keeping out of trouble now that Tim wasn’t being picked on.

    Lexi was waiting at her car when the school kicked out at the end of the day, so Mellissa and Tim walked over to her smiling.

     “Someone looks happy?” Lexi asked as she saw the grins on both their faces.

     “I had a great afternoon thanks to you Lexi.” Tim said grinning even more than he already was. “All the other kids left me alone, so I could just get my class work done and even some of my homework as well.” He added as he jumped in the back of the car while Mellissa got in the front.

     “It looks like you had a good afternoon as well Mellissa?” Lexi asked.

     “It was nice not worrying about Tim, but I’m not sure how long it will last though.” Mellissa said looking worried still.

     “I won’t be getting anymore trouble from Pete; I helped with a maths problem and then explained an easy way for him to work out further problems.” Tim said excitedly from the back seat as Lexi left school grounds and made her way over to Tim’s house. “He said I was pretty smart, and even said sorry for picking on me all these years.” Tim added with a little shock in his voice.

    Lexi was happy that she was able to help make things easier for Tim and Mellissa. She just hoped that Mellissa and Tim didn’t end up being split up if things with her father got any worse. Lexi was soon pulling up outside Tim’s house.

     “I trust the two of you will be stopping in and studying? Not going out anywhere?” Lexi asked as she watched the two of them get out the car. “I’ve got some time to kill if you were planning on going someplace. I could drive you there.” Lexi added.

     “No, we’re just going to stop here and study.” Tim smiled at her, but looked to be in a rush to get in the house for some reason. Mellissa looked like she wanted to get in the house as well.

     “Okay then, but call if you have any trouble, or either of you just want to chat.” Lexi said just before they walked up to the house and went in. Lexi waited for them to close the door before she pulled away from the curb.

    Lexi had a feeling that they were up to something, so she parked up down the road and waited to see if they would be going out or stopping in like they said.

     “Is everything oaky Lexi?” Lana asked when she saw that her car was parked up just down the road from Tim’s house.

     “Not sure Lana. I think they plan to go out somewhere, but I can’t be sure.” Lexi said. “Just one of the gut things again.” Lexi added.

     “Bill and Ted are tracking them at the house still, but I’ll let you know if they leave the house.” Lana said.

     “Thanks Lana. I’m going to slip into my cat suit and boots just in case they do go out and have any trouble.” Lexi said as she pulled off again in search of some place private to change her clothes.

    Lexi found a gas station down the road, so she went into the restroom and changed her clothes before returning to her car to wait and see if they did leave the house.

    It had been just under an hour, and Lexi was about to give up and head back to base when she heard Lana speaking to her. “You were right G They’ve left the house and are heading down the road as we speak.”

    Lana gave Lexi a running commentary of where the two of them were heading. They walked down the road from Tim’s house and got on a bus that took them to one of the many malls in the area. Bill and Ted had worked out where the bus was going, so Lexi was able to get to the mall ahead of them and be in a spot to see them get off the bus.

    Lexi had removed the mask she’d been wearing all day, so she looked different to what Mellissa and Tim were used to seeing. Lexi was puzzled when the bus emptied and she didn’t see Mellissa or Tim among them.

     “Do you still have tracking signals on both of them?” Lexi asked.

     “Yes, they’re twenty feet from you and moving away as we speak.” Lana said as she looked down at the screen in front of her.

    Lexi scanned the people that got off the bus again, that’s when she saw two girls walking away giggling to each other as they wandered into the mall arm in arm. Neither of the girls looked anything like Mellissa or Tim dressed as a girl. The two girls had a slight gothic look, but also looked very pretty with it. Lexi was impressed with both of them for tricking her like they just had.

    Bill and Ted must have hacked into the mall camera system because the next thing Lexi heard was Lana in her ear. “Wow Lexi, is that really Mellissa and Tim?” She asked.

    Lexi had got out a little hand held tracker to double check that the two gothic girls were really Tim and Mellissa. The screen showed that the two girls were them, so Lexi followed at a safe distance, not that anyone would spot them dressed like they were. One was wearing a purpled velvet dress that stopped a couple of inches short of the girl’s knees, and she was wearing spider web stockings and a cute little pair of knee high boots. The second girl was wearing a black velvet dress in the same design, but she was wearing fishnet stockings with some large holes in them, but she was also wearing a pair of knee high boots just like the other girl. Both girls had long spiky black hair with little purple flecks in it, and they also had pale looking faces and lots of mascara around their eyes. They both had nearly black lips as well as very thin looking eyebrows that were drawn on.

     “I can’t even tell which one is Tim or Mellissa.” Lexi whispered as she looked at the two girls window shopping. Lexi had slipped on a pair of glasses and also had a camera fitted into the small backpack she now carried, so Lana, Bill and Ted could all see what she was seeing, and also keep an eye out behind her for any sign of trouble that might be coming their way. Lexi also had one of her guardian helmets in her backpack just in case she needed it.

     “Everything looks clear from this end Lexi, so you should be able to hang back and watch from a distance.” Lana said as she looked on the monitors in front of her, Bill and Ted.

    Lexi did just that, she followed them round for a couple of hours before she watched them walk back to the bus station and get back on the bus to take them back to Tim’s house. Lexi had got close enough to hear one girl call the other Tammy, and then that girl call the other one Mellissa. Tammy was the one in the purple dress, where as Mellissa was wearing the black one.

    Tammy and Mellissa made it back to Tim’s house without any trouble. They walked up another street and entered Tim’s house through the back so nobody saw them enter. Lexi thought they must have left the same way so nobody saw them leave either. Lexi decided to hang around and make sure Mellissa made it home later on, but that became a pointless exercise when she got a call from Mellissa.

     “Hi Mellissa, is everything okay?” Lexi asked.

     “Hi Lexi. Everything is fine; I just wanted to let you know that I’ll be stopping the night with Tim.” Mellissa said. “Well in the same house, but not the same bed or anything like that.” She added with some worry in her voice.

     “I understand what you mean Mellissa.” Lexi giggled. “So I pick you both up from Tim’s then in the morning?” Lexi asked.

     “Yes if that’s okay with you?” Mellissa asked.

     “I guess so, but I was so looking forward to meeting your step dad again.” Lexi said with a sigh, just before she started giggling again.

     “You wouldn’t have seen him anyway Lexi. He’s going to be away for the next couple of days, so I’m going to stop here with Tim and his mum until he gets back at the end of the week.” Mellissa said sounding happy to be away from her step dad.

     “Okay then Mellissa, thanks for letting me know. Did you and Tim have fun this evening?” Lexi asked with a grin, but not saying anymore than that.

     “What do you mean Lexi?” Mellissa asked with some panic in her voice.

     “I mean doing your studying? Did you have fun studying?” Lexi asked.

     “Yes it was okay, well as fun as it can get studying.” Mellissa said, but trying to make it sound like it wasn’t fun.

     “I bet going to the mall and window shopping would have been more fun, but you need to keep your grades up young lady.” Lexi giggled as she sounded like a mum telling off her child.

    Mellissa just did a nervous giggle on the other end of the phone. “Yes it would have been a lot more fun than studying. I better go now Lexi. Bye, see you in the morning.” Mellissa added before ending the call.

    Lexi giggled some more at her own little game of teasing Mellissa, she was soon snapped out of it though when she heard a new female voice in her ear. Hi baby, when you coming home?” Sarah asked with a pout in her voice.

     “Hi Saz. I’m just on my way back now.” Lexi said with a warm fuzzy feeling running through her body as she thought about Sarah being back at base waiting for her. “How was College today?” Lexi asked, just so she had someone to talk to while she drove.

     “It was okay, but I can’t wait for you to get done with this mission so we can both go together.” Sarah said with some hope in her voice that the mission would be over soon.

     “Don’t you like having my sister along to help you study?” Lexi asked with a hurt tone to her voice.

     “I love spending time with Alice, it feels just like old times back at high school, but she’s not you Lexi.” Sarah whined. “She keeps getting cranky with the teachers as well because she already knows everything.” Sarah added in a whisper just before Lexi heard her shout “ouch!” into her ear.

     “I take it Alice is stood with you still Saz?” Lexi giggled.

     “She was, but Lana just dragged her away.” Sarah giggled. “They’ve gone to take a shower together. Lana said can you grab dinner on the way home?” Sarah asked.

    Lexi agreed to grab some food on the way home and then spent the rest of the drive talking with Sarah. Lexi didn’t speak about Tim dressing like a girl, she was going to leave it until she got back to base so she could sit and talk to Alice and Lana about it as well.

 

To Be Continued Tomorrow  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
168 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Tammy

So Lexi was wright about Tim,Tammy in girl mode,it looks like Mellissa and Tim have been doing the dressing up bit for some time.
Thanks for another good chapter Sara.

ROO Roo1.jpg

ROO

Now we know Tim and Mel can disguise themselves

if they have to go on the run. Something clearly is cooking with Melissa but it is beyond me why her step father might want to kill her. Money must be part of it though.

Kim

Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 12.

Like how Tim and Melissa are best friends.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I wonder, could Tammy and

I wonder, could Tammy and Melissa end up on the Guardian project when their older. The Senator seems a real slimeball, pity Tim's mom can't get custody of Melissa, it seems Melissa isn't just a friend but a sister to Tammy.

Good stuff.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p