And That is the Way it Happened -8-

Printer-friendly version
----------=BigCloset Retro Classic!=----------

JD’s Production and Payne’s World get together for a production, the girls get to do some shopping,
and Janice finds out who it was that hacked her program.

And That
is the Way it Happened

Part 8

by Paula Dillon

Copyright © 2007 Paula Dillon
All Rights Reserved.

 
Janice and her Mom both got up early to get ready. Janice was shocked when Angela asked her to help lace her up in a corset.

“I can’t have my daughter showing me up too badly out in public, can I? Besides we will look more alike this way.”

Then it was Janice’s turn to be laced in a corset with her gel bra cups strategically placed to enhance her own budding breasts. She had been wearing one so much lately, the corset didn’t seem so tight this time.

They carefully dressed in their matching Ralph Lauren outfits, matched their accessories, makeup and as much as possible, their hair.

At the convention center, they weren’t surprised to see most of the other’s there waiting for them. They were surprised to see Mr. Dawson there.

“Mr. Dawson explained, “Mrs. Smith called and told me what you were up to. I am here to lend my assistance, if it is needed.”

When they all got there they were escorted to the conference room. They divided their labor. Anna would handle lights and makeup. Craig and Vanessa were on cameras. Margaret was on auxiliary audio. Janice was on logistics and would keep everybody on track.

They jumped quickly into action and were ready to start shooting at seven forty five. They shot the climbing wall first. Ginny and Tom geared up. After getting their harness on and attaching the arrestor cable and a rope, Mrs. Smith made sure the various logos were visible before they hit the wall filming. Tom started out sort of tentatively, but Ginny took to the wall like a monkey. She waited for Tom at about twelve feet and they said their lines there. They shot that scene three times to make sure. Tom looked a lot better climbing on the third take.

They shifted into high gear from there and knocked out scene after scene. The boat scene, with Tom and Rebecca, they looked great in their outfits, and it went well. As did the canoe scene, with Tom and Ginny.

Janice noticed her Mom and Mr. Dawson getting kind of chummy. Margaret noticed it too and elbowed Janice in the ribs. They giggled a bit and turned their attention to the job at hand.

They got the shots they needed to get done, before the show opened. Margaret and Janice took the cards from the cameras and headed to the conference room to begin editing the video. Ginny took over on the auxiliary audio, Rebecca took the timeline and script. They then set out to get the rest of their shots.

Margaret and Janice set up a wireless network to share the video they loaded into their laptops. They worked quickly to disassemble the recorded video into segments and to reassemble it into four unique one-minute spots.

An hour and a half later, Vanessa and Craig brought the rest of their video for the girls to begin editing it. The team broke into two groups to add their inputs and assist the two girls.

Vanessa was a big help for Janice, she was better at doing this. Craig, Janice and Anna hunched over Vanessa’s shoulder as she worked. Tom, Rebecca and Ginny worked with Margaret.

Mrs. Smith and Georgia were called in several times to add their input, but mostly they smiled as they saw the kids work. They liked what they saw, so far.

When they got the video right, they ran it past Mrs. Smith again, then made more changes and ran it again. This happened several more times. Mrs. Smith liked being made part of the creative process. After the video was approved, they started adding text to blank pages that they could overlay at points.

At three in the afternoon, they had their partially finished commercials. They saved their work to DVDR’s and headed to the TV station. Angela and Mr. Dawson took care of their other equipment, as the girls took their laptops.

Vanessa, Craig and Ginny rode with Janice. Rebecca rode with Tom, and Anna rode with Margaret to the station. Janice noticed that Craig and Vanessa were playing with each other a little coyly in the back seat. An excited Ginny was talking a mile a minute in the front.

**********
Angela and Abel gathered up the cameras and gear, and took it to his car. Abel liked the way Angela looked. He couldn’t remember having so much fun as being with her and watching his kids make him proud.

After dropping the equipment off at Angela’s home, Abel asked her out to eat. It would be hours before the kids would be finished, working on their commercials. Abel was confident in their combined abilities.

**********

The troop were met at the station, by Jack Williams and Frank from the stations own edit department. They were led to the alternate studio. Frank took their work and ran through it, he helped choose the points to overlay the text. He then played some music and sound effects he thought would work, with their spots.

It was decided that both Tom and Janice would do the voice overs for all of the commercials. First, they would do each separately, then one sharing lines. Janice and Tom practiced their lines and critiqued each other. Then they practiced them timing their work, while Frank ran the spots.

Janice and Tom went into the studio to do their lines. They sat in front of a large monitor. They then did their lines. They each did three takes for each spot and three together, for a total of thirty six takes.

Frank then took the best of the lot and worked adding, music and special effects. All of the kids paid close attention to Frank work. He was very good at what he did.

At eight that night, Frank presented Mrs. Smith with six commercials to choose from. She and Georgia played thru them several times, before she picked the ones she wanted. In the end she selected four.

Georgia then wrote a check out to JD’s Production for sixty thousand dollars. Janice showed everyone the check and she asked Margaret to get it to her Mom, and have Carl cut checks for everyone.

“I am starving,” Tom said.

“Everybody to IHoP, my treat,” Janice said, and sent her Mom a text message "IHoP". She got one back shortly that said, “Ok.”

“Yes!!!” The rest said.

The kids made a beeline to the cars.

They talked about their day, and were excited about the money.

“You know, you still have to shoot your assignment,” Janice said.

“Yeah, I know we can do it though, we learned a lot by watching you girls work, Janice,” Tom said. “We’ll need to come back again tomorrow to get it done.”

“Who can make it tomorrow,” Janice asked.

“I can’t make it,” Margaret said. “Family obligations.”

“Neither can I,” Anna added. “Mom wants me to help in the shop.”

“I can come, Janice,” Vanessa said.

“Ok, I can pick you up. What time Tom.”

“Let’s make it later, say nine-thirty, this has been one long day.”

“Sounds like a plan, see ya.” Janice said, paying the tab.

Janice took Ginny, Craig and Vanessa home, promising to pick them up in the morning.

Angela was waiting for her daughter when she got home. The poor child was exhausted, but happy.

“We sold four commercials Mom,” Janice said, as her Mom helped her undress.

She set her alarm and was asleep as soon as her head hit her pillow.

*************

Janice woke tired at six in the morning. She had a nice long soak in the tub, with a Eucalyptus blend bath salts, her mom got her. Her mind began to clear as she drew strength from the warmth of the bath.

She felt a hundred percent better, as she went down stairs for breakfast.

“Morning Janice, how are you today.”

“Better now, I love those bath crystals.”

“One of the perks of being a woman.”

“How did you and Mr. Dawson get along.”

Angela’s mouth hung open as she looked at her daughter.

“Mom it was obvious, you two were flirting with each other.”

“We weren’t flirting, we were having an adult conversation,” Angela said demurely.

“Oh, that is what they are calling it now.”

“Now don’t get sassy young lady. We brought all the cameras and things here. Then we went out to eat. Abel is an interesting person. We did enjoy ourselves watching you kids work.”

“I hoped that you had a good time, you deserved it. We have to go back and finish what we started out to do.”

“Ok, but we need to have some "us" time soon, dear. I need to get to know my daughter better.”

“I know Mom, I promise to set aside some time for us. I don’t see anything coming up this coming weekend. Plan something and I will pay for us to get away. After all, I earned five thousand yesterday.”

“That is a wonderful idea. I just may do that. How late will you be today?”

“It will take a couple of hours to shoot, I would like to wander around the show for a couple of hours. They have some nice things. Afterwards, I would like to bring them here so we can work on editing their material.”

“Sounds good to me.”

Janice dressed more comfortably. She put on her breast forms. It took her a bit to get them on. Her own breasts seemed a bit larger and the back of the forms was too flat. She could make do with them for a while though. She wore a bra and thong set, so there would be no panty line showing in her slacks. A dark green slacks and jacket suit, a red tank, boots and a scarf were her uniform today.

She loaded the equipment in her car. Three cameras in cases, two auxiliary audio recorders, booms, mikes, and two tri-pods went into the trunk. Janice picked up her riders and headed to the convention center.

They met the rest of the crew on the back docks and entered the convention center. The shooting today was anti-climatic, they already knew what they wanted and set out to get it. Tom even interviewed quite a few of the visitors of the show and several vendors. Mrs. Smith allowed them to lock up their things, so they could sight see at the show.

The guys knew what they wanted to look at, they were interested in the boats and sporting goods. The girls wanted to check out all the sportswear vendors. It was eleven-thirty, they agreed to meet back and head on to Janice’s home at three.

“Janice do you have a swimsuit yet?” Rebecca asked.

“Not yet.”

“Well we will just have to see that you get one,” Ginny said.

The girls wandered over to the clothing vendors. Janice started digging through the racks with the girls. There were scads of pretty bikinis in her size. Most she admired, but wouldn’t be caught dead wearing. She was amazed that women would wear these itty bitty pieces of fabric, that really didn’t cover all that much, out in public at a beach. Yet they would die of embarrassment if they were seen in their bras and panties, which in many cases covered more.

Janice did find three suits she wanted to try on, two bikinis and a one piece suit. There was a big line at the make shift changing areas, the attendant encouraged them to be fast and to keep their panties on for health reasons. They did have several full length mirrors set in a sheltered central area.

She went into one changing room and changed into one suit. The suits she chose had bras that covered her forms well and panties that covered her tush.

She met the girls who admired each others suits and commented on their choices. Ginny and Rebecca stared at Janice a bit surprised at the figure she displayed. They liked her first choice, a very red suit with a French cut panty.

Janice changed into the one piece suit. It was a blue/green/yellow flower print suit that had high cut legs and a zipper up the front. It fit tight and high lighted her curves nicely.

“Janice you have to get that suit. You make it look gud,” Ginny said.

“I like it too, except it is cut so high in the legs.”

“It is suppose to girl, it makes your legs look longer,” Rebecca said.

What really surprised the kids was when Vanessa tried on a Brazilian coverage bikini. The bikini panty was very narrow in front. You would have seen pubic hair if not for the panty Vanessa wore and she would have definitely needed a wax job to wear it. In the back you could see the cheeks of her butt exposed. It also had small triangles of fabric for the bra that just covered the nipples barely.

“Vanessa I don’t think your Mom would let you out of the house in that suit,” Ginny said.

“Mom would ground me for life if she saw it. I think her idea of high fashion swimsuits dates back to the 1930’s. I just wanted to see what it looked like.”

“It is sexy on you, too sexy if you know what I mean,” Janice said.

“I know what you mean.”

The last suit Janice tried was a blue/white dot banded halter top, and a hot pant style panty. She added a black wrap around skirt that could go with any of the suits she tried on.

She met the girls outside again. The girls liked the suit Janice was wearing. Vanessa wore another suit that was outstanding on her, a much more modest bikini in black with silver adornments on it. Rebecca had on a suit similar to the one she got, and a pair of baggies that would look good with that suit.

“I see you found your baggies,” Janice said.

“Yeah I like to play beach volley ball, I don’t mind playing in a bikini bra, but I hate getting sand up my butt,” Rebecca said. “I think your Mom would actually let you wear that bikini Vanessa.”

“I like it, and I am going to get it.”

“I think, I am going to get that red number, the one piece and this wrap around skirt,” Janice said.

“I think those would be good choices for you Janice,” Ginny said.

The girls dressed and did some more shopping. Janice found some sportswear that she didn’t get before. She bought some shorts, tops and shoes for the beach and exercise. She even got some tight spandex cycling shorts because she liked the looks of them.

They met up with the guys and went out to eat before headed over to Janice’s. Ginny tried her hand at editing the video, but gave way to Craig who was much better at it, especially with Vanessa helping him. When they had it set, Janice gave Ginny, Craig and Vanessa a ride home.

***********

Monday found Janice dressing for school in a skirt, blouse, pantyhose and two inch heels. She had tried the flats but liked the added height the heels gave her. The skirt was a black denim skirt that came to two inches above her knee and the blouse was a white linen long sleeve blouse. She did her hair and makeup to match the style she wore that day. A little more feminine and not business-like, like the look she wore Friday. She worked on her eyes to make them pop, yet not look slutty. Janice grabbed a sweater, purse and her school bag before heading to the kitchen. Her Mom raised an eyebrow when she saw her daughter, but smiled.

“I see you dressed quite feminine today, Janice.”

“Yes Mom. I can’t see a reason not too. I am pretty much accepted at school.”

“Just be careful dear.”

“I will.”

She got to school early enough to park where she wanted to and met her team and Tom’s team at their usual spot.

“Mom want us to stop by the office after school. They will have our checks ready for us then. You and I will need to sign them Janice,” Margaret said.

That told Janice that the checks would be over five thousand dollars.

“Mom didn’t want us walking around with big checks on us at school.”

The kids all agreed to go there after school.

Janice noticed the Rebecca and Tom were still chummy as were Vanessa and Craig. No one seemed to pay too much attention to how she was dressed, and that was good.

As she entered her homeroom, Janice was given a pass to the office.

She entered the Principals office and was greeted by Ms. Keller. She led Janice into Ms. Simmons office. There were two monitors setup. Ms. Keller had Janice sit in a chair and she sat next to her. Janice recognized Sarah Clemens, she also recognized the boy on the other monitor but didn’t know his name.

“The girl is Sarah Clemens she sat at the terminal first period where a Trojan virus was introduced during first period to your computer program Janice. The boy is Gary Marler, he doesn’t take a computer course, but he is in Mrs. Smart’s homeroom. He sits at the terminal next to the terminal used to introduce the Trojan. We have found out that he belongs to a group of hackers in this town.”

Ms. Simmons entered the room where Sarah sat. She looked sternly at the girl and sat across from her.

“Sarah, do you have college plans for this fall?”

“Yes Ma’am, I am going to go to Texas A&M this fall.”

“I am sorry to say this but I doubt it will be this fall. You are this far,” Ms. Simmons held her forefinger and thumb about an inch apart and continued. “From being expelled. You may also be charged with computer crimes, and malicious mischief. I hope A&M will understand why you can’t make it this fall and why you have a criminal record.”

Sarah’s face was one of disbelief and fear as she heard Ms. Simmons talk. “What are you talking about Ms. Simmons I have never done anything wrong?” She said almost crying. She had earned a full scholarship to TX A&M. She was afraid of losing that scholarship now.

“A sophisticated virus was launched from your terminal first period, Sarah. It caused the whole network in the computer lab to collapse.”

“I didn’t do that, I don’t have that much skill.”

“We know, we have your accomplice in the next room. He started the CD that held the Trojan and you returned the disk to him after class.”

“I didn’t know what was on that disk Ms. Simmons, believe me. Gary asked me to get that disk for him. He said that he wanted a copy of a program that Chris had and they were using the school network to burn a copy of it.”

“Why should I believe that?”

“Because it is the truth. Ms. Simmons.”

“We’ll see about that. You are not going anywhere,” Ms. Simmons said as she got up and left.

In the other room Mr. Collins was seen entering the room. Gary had his feet up on the table and looked as cool as a cucumber. Mr. Collins slammed both of his hands on the table causing Gary to startle and almost fall out of his chair.

“Don’t ever put your feet up on a table at this school Mr. Marler! You are in deep shit son.”

“I ain’t done nothing. Why are you on the rag old man?”

“Twelve years of education and you never learned how to speak. We know what you did Mr. Marler. You wrote a Trojan virus and a hacking program. You loaded these on a CD that you made into an autorun disk. At 8:02 AM Friday you inserted this disk into computer terminal number twenty one, you sit at terminal twenty during homeroom. That program ran in the background and searched out and found Janice Daniels directory and infected the program which she was working on. Sarah later brought you the disk you had inserted into terminal twenty one. We know you also had Chris Steigerwald’s assistance in this endeavor. The three of you may be headed to jail in a few minutes.”

Gary’s face went from cocky, to amazed, to clearly frightened as Mr. Collins spoke. He and Chris had cooked up this scheme. That bitch Janice was nothing but a fairy. The guys just wanted to shake her up a bit.

“Chris and Sarah had no part in this, Mr. Collins. I did it all myself. I am sorry Sarah got involved but I needed my disk back. Chris just thought he was giving me a program. He didn’t know about the Trojan.”

“Chris was involved Gary, who do you think rolled over on you. We first suspected him. He had had words with Ms. Daniels. When we pressed him, he gave you up.”

“That’s a lie Chris wouldn’t do that to me. We had it all planned out.” Gary said, as he realized he had just said too much. “Shit, I ain’t saying anything else.”

“I agree you have said enough. We are calling your parents and getting Chris in here to see what he has to say.”

“You mean you haven’t talked to him yet. You F***ing liar.”

“I guess I might have stretched the truth a bit, but I got what I wanted,” Mr. Collins said, smiling at Gary as he left the room.

“Sarah will be alright, Janice. They just wanted to fit the pieces together. She was an unwitting accomplice to all this,” Ms. Keller said. “Ms. Simmons wanted you to see this.”

“What will happen to them.”

“Mr. Marler is out for the year and will have to finish his senior year at an alternate school. Mr. Steigerwald may also be out, I am not sure. He is a junior and could make up this semester in summer school and will probably be at alternate school this fall. Ms. Simmons and Mr. Collins will have to determine that. Don’t tell anybody about what you have seen.”

“No Ma’am I won’t.”

“Ok Janice, go on to first period.”

Janice saw that she still had twenty minutes of first period left. There was nothing she could do for the guys. It was the school’s computers they trashed. She didn’t know if she would even if she could.

She told her friends on the way to second period, that the principal may know who hacked the computers. They wanted her to know what they knew. She stretched the truth a bit, but didn’t let them know all that she knew.

She saw an unhappy Sarah in the hall and was glad that she was cleared of the charges. Janice felt that she had been used. Sarah was as much a victim as she was.

When Janice left her third period class, a protective Debby walked closely by her side.

Mrs. Smart was much more subdued, when Janice and Debby entered the classroom. She addressed the students before starting them off on their work.

“Class, your work has been restored, thanks to our IT department. A Tech was able to recover everything, except for what the first three periods had done that day on Friday. The hackers have been caught and are being dealt with as I speak. You still have enough time to finish your projects. If at the end, if you are close to finishing, the lost time will be taken into consideration, but only if you work diligently between now and the end of the year. If you don’t currently save a copy of your work each day, I suggest you start doing so. It can save you a lot of pain and effort. Not having a backup will not save your grade, if the computers go down again. It would be the same in industry, if you lost all your work. Now off to work, I want to hear your keyboards clicking away.”

Janice held her breath, as she opened her directory and booted her file. The program worked like it was suppose too. Toward the end of class, she complied her work after saving it to the server and a separate CDR. After compiling, she clicked on the file to run it.

She held her breath as her program started. She put it through its paces and watched it work. Function after function was checked and seemed to be working. She would need to add some data to see how it handled it, but she was happy with what she saw. She went to shut down the program but realized she had left out save and exit functions. Oh well, she giggled, that won’t be too hard to correct.

At the bell, Suzy, Debby and Janice started to leave. Janice stopped and asked the girls to wait outside for her. When she was the last one in the class, she approached Mrs. Smart.

“Mrs. Smart, I just want to say I am sorry if I have caused you any problems. I know that things can’t be the same between us. You were one of my favorite teachers. I can’t go back to what I was, if I ever really was that way to begin with. All I am asking is that I be given a chance to succeed in life, not a guaranteed result.”

Mrs. Smart looked Janice in the eyes and said, “I can’t accept what you have become, or try to have people believe you have become. To me it is wrong. You are a good student, misguided, but good. I won’t be unfair to you, but don’t ask me to be buddies. It won’t happen. I know now I was wrong to accuse you of causing the crash, for that I am sorry. I won’t say anymore.” Mrs. Smart got her things and led Janice out of the classroom.

Debby and Suzy were waiting anxiously outside. They joined Janice walking to her locker.

“What did you do, Janice?” Debby asked.

“We kinda buried the hatchet?”

“Was it buried in your back?” Suzy asked.

“Kinda, we agreed to disagree. I won’t take her class this fall, that’s for sure, but she won’t be the wicked witch to me. At least I think that is what she said.”

“If she comes back, I would like to see her go,” Debby said.

“I don’t know, she’s good. I hate to see good teachers go. She is just too inflexible in her opinions.”

They met the rest of the troupe at lunch and talked about what had gone on. The girls were somewhat relieved to hear that Mrs. Smart might not be a persistent problem.

In Journalism there were no presentations ready. Mr. Dawson informed them of one final project. The students were to prepare a twenty two minute news cast, with four spots for commercials. They were to use all the stories they produced, to select, reedit and then present them as a broadcast. The station manager and news director, from the local TV station, would be there to judge their efforts.

The students would select one producer, one main editor, with two assistant producers and editors, three studio camera operators, sound technicians, control board operators, video operators, lighting technicians and three anchors, themselves. Everyone was expected to participate in some form or other. The students would be graded on their participation and their willingness to work.

They had from this Friday, till a week before their show was due, to select the segments they would show, then they would have one week to put it all together. TV station personnel would be by during that week to help with structuring it into a viable show.

Their first organizational meeting would be this Friday. Twenty five percent of your grade will be getting the best people in the best slots, so think about that. Mr. Dawson passed out sheets that held job descriptions for the various positions.

Ok New Spies has the studio for the first hour and Payne’s World the second hour. Let’s get cracking kids.

A lot of the students asked Payne’s World about the commercials they had seen on TV. Tom told them of the story of how it all came together and how JD’s Productions assisted them. He also told them how much money they all made doing it. Mr. Dawson let them talk a bit before he cracked the whip again, so to speak.

Janice and Payne’s World got to work on Tom’s script. He did pretty well first try, but he improved with each subsequent try. He tried to rush the script at times, but they were able to get him use a smooth steady pace.

When it came their turn in the studio, Vanessa had managed to break away from her group, to give assistance to Payne’s World. They practice it twice, before calling Mr. Dawson in. He sat in the control room as Tom was given a countdown. Ginny cued the video and operated the control board as Craig and Rebecca, operated the cameras. They ran it like a live take.

Tom was a little nervous at first, but after ten seconds he relaxed and found his pace. Ginny cued a station break and gave a countdown. They passed directions back and forth for a minute and Ginny cued Tom back in. A much more relaxed Tom smiled and completed their presentation.

The kids gathered around Mr. Dawson, who wore a stern look of concentration. Their hearts began to fall a bit, till Mr. Dawson cracked a smile.

“Excellent work kids, your best effort to date.”

“Mr. Dawson, don’t do that to us,” Ginny said, as she punched him in the ribs a bit.

A look of surprise was on everyone’s face, more so on Ginny’s face. She couldn’t believe she had just done what she did.

“I am so SORRY Mr. Dawson,” a frightened Ginny said.

“That is alright Ginny, you didn’t hurt me and I deserved it,” he said laughing. “You kids get an A- for that, after you show it.”

They ran through the recording a couple of times, with Mr. Dawson critiquing their effort. Copies of the show were burnt for each of the students of Payne’s World and one for Janice and Vanessa.

At the bell, the kids hurried to the cars so they could go to the law office and get their checks. Vanessa, Craig and Ginny, rode with Janice. As they left the school parking lot, a car pulled away from the curb and followed Janice.

At a stop light Janice noticed, Raymond Johnson in the car behind them. “Vanessa call 9-1-1, that Johnson creep is following me.”

“Who is he?” Ginny asked.

“A scandal rag reporter,” Janice answered.

“The operator said to keep driving to the law office, a cop should be on his tail in a bit.”

“Yeah I see him now.” Janice saw the light at the intersection she was very near, turn yellow. She slowed a bit and then continued through it.

Mr. Johnson went through the intersection on red, to keep up, not seeing the cop behind him. The Cop seeing the way clear, lit him up and went through the red light. Mr. Johnson followed for over three miles without stopping. He didn’t stop until Janice stopped at the law office. He got out of his car and started to approach Janice, but was tackled by the cop and put in the back of the patrol car, screaming.

The cop approached Janice smiling. “I know the light was yellow and you were being followed, but don’t punch through an intersection like that again. Mr. Johnson is going down this time on felony evasion. You might want to get a TRO on him.”

“TRO?”

“A Temporary Restraining Order, ask your lawyer and give her my card.”

Janice looked at the card; it showed his name as Timothy O’Shea. “Yes sir and thank you.”

“No, I thank you,” Officer O’Shea said smiling.

The rest of the troop arrived, as another patrol car arrived. The kids gathered around Janice, as she told them what had happened. Madeline had come out, after being informed of a scene in their parking lot. Janice told her what the Officer had told her and gave Madeline his card.

Madeline smiled. Life was getting interesting. “Don’t worry, I will handle it. Come on inside kids.”

Inside, they were met by Mr. Wright. He had some paperwork the kids had to sign, to make everything legal. He then brought a stack of checks for Janice and Margaret to sign. The checks for all the kids were over five thousand dollars. The kids of Payne’s World were almost bouncing off the walls with excitement.

The kids headed out, after getting their money. Janice stopped by the bank and deposited her check and Vanessa’s check, before taking Craig and Ginny home. They needed a parent with them, to take care of their checks. Vanessa gave Craig a quick kiss, as he was dropped off.

Janice and Vanessa then headed to her home. The other girls of JD’s Production met her there; together they started on their homework and discussed their day.

“So what are you going to do about that Johnson fellow?” Anna asked.

“I am going to leave that to Madeline, I think. I don’t know why he is still coming around. I already short circuited his story.”

“He’ll have some snide comments to print, and maybe he is just a bit put out about his treatment around you,” Margaret said. “He probably isn’t used to being arrested.”

“I hope I never become that desperate for a story.”

“You won’t, we won’t let you,” Vanessa said, “Besides you have more scruples than he does.”

Her friends picked up and left at about five and Janice started dinner. She was about halfway done, when her Mom got home and started giving her a hand. Janice told her Mom about what happened after school.

While they ate Angela said, “I am a little concerned about how long we will have to put up with that reporter.”

“He caught up with me just outside of Madeline’s office. They arrested him for felony evasion. It seems he ran a red light trying to catch me. He continued to follow me for about three miles after the police turned on their lights. Madeline said that she would take care of things.”

“Well you need to be careful dear, I don’t want you hurt.”

“I will be Mom.”

“I checked on what we can do this weekend. How about we go to Padre Island, rent some four wheelers and camp out on the beach, Saturday night. You can fish a bit, we can swim and have some fun.”

“Sounds good Mom; lets do it.”

“Ok, I’ll take Friday off and get us ready. You go ahead and pack Thursday and I will pick you up at school. We’ll head out from there, get a motel in Corpus and then hit the beach the next day.”

They cleared off the table and cleaned the kitchen. They enjoyed doing things together, which they hadn’t done before. Their tasks complete, they headed to watch TV together.

“Mom, my nipples are sensitive and itch a bit right now. My bra is too tight with the breast forms on, too. I didn’t think the estrogen would work that fast.”

“Well, your body may have kicked into high gear, because you haven’t produced any testosterone in a long while. Your breasts were already starting to grow. Take off your blouse, bra and breast forms, I want to have a look.”

Janice went to her room, followed by her Mom. She striped down to her panties. It took a few minutes for her to carefully peel off the breast forms. She took a wash cloth and gently cleaned her chest. Her nipples were more sensitive than she could ever remember.

Angela took a tape measure and checked Janice’s measurements. She found that Janice was a full A cup now, almost ready for a thirty-four A cup bra and had a trained waist of twenty-five without the corset. That would go up if she went without wearing it for a few days. She corseted herself at night and wore one during the day, several times a week. Her hips, at thirty-five inches, also showed signs of broadening and her tush was beginning to round out.

“You have grown a bit in the chest, sensitivity and irritation, go with that growth.”

“I know, but that doesn’t make it feel better.”

“As for your breast forms, we’ll get you some different forms; there are some that have a concave back, those will fit better. Use your gel pads in your bra, and we will go to a shop I was referred too, after school tomorrow. You definitely look more mature with a larger bust Janice. You may not grow much bigger than a large A, or small B. You look better with a full B, or C cup though. We may look at getting you implants this summer. You have the money too.”

“I think I would look good having Vanessa’s chest. She is big when she has the right bra on. Her old bras just flattened out her chest.”

“Girls are that way Janice. Some are extremely self-conscious about having small breasts and others are extremely self-conscious about having a big bust.”

“But when we got her into Margaret’s clothes, you should have seen her face. I think she dressed down, because she didn’t know how good she could look.”

“I loved what the girls did for her Janice, she looked simply lovely. I am glad she liked the look.”

“Margaret gave her three, or four, outfits and I have seen some new clothes on her. She looks like a whole different person. Anna and Margaret are even dressing better.”

“I think they were just dressing to make her feel less self conscious about her appearance. A limited budget, doesn’t allow for extravagant looks.”

“Or maybe she is just now seeing the benefits of looking better. She is going out with Craig now, I think.”

“Craig is that boy who was the cameraman from last weekend, right? He is kind of a hunk.”

“That’s him. I have seen them kissing a couple of times.”

“Good for her. I think I have some cream that will help with the itching. Go ahead and take your bath, I’ll be back when you finish.”

Janice ran her tub, adding bath salts to the water. Bath time was something she liked about being a woman now. She now had a variety of bath salts she liked. The salts helped the itching a bit too. She shaved her legs and her underarms. The hair was starting to grow pretty fast now, along with her pubic hair, which she never had before. She washed and conditioned her hair, before getting out of the bath.

She dressed in panties and a robe, before drying her hair. Her Mom was waiting for her in her bedroom and gave her a tube of cream. It felt good, as she rubbed it in. Janice went ahead and laced herself into a corset, not overly tight, but down to twenty four inches. She put on her nightie and went to bed.
 
 

*          *          *

 
 
End of Part 8
 
 
To Be Continued ???
 
 
And That is the Way it Happened  © 2007 by Paula Dillon

up
221 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The way that it happened

Honest Injuin, I as still working on the story. I might be a little slower posting, but I am near an end for the story. I promise to finish the semester.

Love,

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

the Way it Happened

This is always a enjoyable read with absorbing characters!
grover-

And That is the Way it Happened

Paula,
Another great chapter, Janice is becoming quite a voung lady in such a short time. I do find it sad that everyone but her is getting romantically involved.

Nothing in Life is Free, if the cost is not monitary it will be physical, emotional, or spiritual.
Rachel Anne

Nothing in Life is Free; if the cost is not monetary it will be physical, emotional, or spiritual.
Rachel Anne

Ooh, yummy.

I really like the movement you have in this story. I'm on edge waiting to see what happens next, and to see exactly where Janice's romantic feeling eventually manifest, if they do at all.

Houston, we have a problem

Um, didn't you write that much of a females sex drive is due to testoserone and since she produces none and in fact is allergic to the stuff... Poor girl. Unless there is another way to boost her libedo she is screwed, so to speak.

Janice has said she had never been attracted to either sex.

As to the intollerant computer teacher. Did she not attend the maditory asembly where all this was explained inclding the medical reasons? She never appolguised to Janice for accusing her of crashing the system and for not calling her Janice AS the policy from the Principal stated. It is Janet who tries to fix things. I got the impression the computers teacher's hostile tone toward Janet encouraged the boys who crashed the system. When is someone going to demand that bitch appologuise to the class and not this wishy-washy responce in near privacy to Janice's kind gesture.

She has done great harm and violated school rules and hasn't even got a letter of reprimand so far. She can't be a good teacher and be that inflexible. People have a right to thir oppinions no matter how stupid but this was unprofessional on her part and clearly *un-christian*.

Opps, I went ballistic. This is great stuff and it sucks you into it's world.

Great characters you want to care about even the deluded, like that teacher. That tabloid reporter sounds dangerous, I hope no one gets hurt because of him.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

90% Of Sex Is Half Mental

I'm going to credit Yogi Berra for inspiring my message subject. Of course, he was talking about baseball, and in particular, hitting it, but sex isn't that different. *giggle* ...Okay, yes it is. Unless maybe you're into leather and stitches, and doing things in public.

Libido is a complicated subject. Testosterone can play a role, true, but it's not the only factor by a long shot. It's certainly not a prerequisite. If you look at the clinical trial results for testosterone patches in women who judged themselves in distress because of a low libido, the results are encouraging, but not earth-shattering.

In fact, there is no evidence that women with very low or non-existent testosterone levels can not have a perfectly normal and happy sex life. The only ones who ended up in the drug study were those who didn't.

A lot of factors go into a person's libido, including their general level of satisfaction with life, their relationship with their partner, their social circle absent a partner, their self-confidence and comfort with their body, and most importantly, their imagination.

Being allergic to testosterone, if such a state could actually exist, would not be the same as being allergic to sex, or even disinterested in it.

I love it

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

Dear Paula,

Thank you for sharing this story to here. Please do not keep us all waiting too long for more episodes?

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Paula D You have been

Paula D You have been charged And found Guilty of being too Good at
wrighting And your makeing us all addicks. Great chapter but not longanofe LOL
Hugs
Melissa C

Absolutely good!

Thank You Paula for continuing your super tale of Janice :) I as a reader appreciate your efforts. Your skill at communicating your inner muse is quite excellent and is very much desired. Please continue pouring it forth for us, your fans. *long gentle hug*

Love

Sephrena Lynn Miller

Great

Paula consistently writes enjoyable stories of high quality. This story is a fine example of her work.
It has fun characters, an extending plot, and is told in an interest-holding style. There are a couple of items still waiting to be settled but with her talent they wil be handles deftly. Thank you for sharing this story with us.

Something is brewing in the storm approaching

Hello Paula!!!! ^____^ :-D
I love the story. It is great. You are delving into the emotions of everyone. The only problem left that I see is the rag newsreporter. I have a feeling that rabbit trail is not done yet. The other thought is this mini-vacation that Angela and Janice need to take. Somehow I see a possible kidnapping could take place by people who refuse to verify or understand the circumstances. Janice could be forceably given T-hormones as a proof that she is still male. Once they realize the mistake, then the rush is made to save her. Hopefully, Angela is smart enough to contact friends where they are going; and perhaps have an escort that shadows them. Like I wrote before, you have us on pin and needles, just don't make it too painful. Another great chapter. The hacker is revealed, the commercials are made. What's this? Family and friends are having flirt sessions? Finding new love is in the air! Very interesting!! The crescendo is building! Onward and upward!! Sealed with lots of huggs, laugther, emotions, and giggles!! (swlohleags!!!)
Rachel76m

What's the word, Paula

I was rereading "And That is the Way it Happened" and was curious if your muse and RL are cooperating on the next chapter(s).

This is a great story and deserves to be completed. But then all of your series -- completed or not -- have been very good.

Best wishes to you.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Marvelous story

Paula,
I just read your story and found it to be a very sweet and informative story. I look forward to seeing more chapters about Janice and her friends. Your are a very good story teller and keep the reader's attention, at least mine. Please continue it, J-Lynn (another Janice)

Life waiting

I know Paula's life can be from hurried to frantic at times. I just wanted her to know I am still waiting patiently for more from her.

More please

Greetings

I would also welcome more chapters of this story.

Hope that Paula has some time to continue to entertain us readers.

Brian

Is That All There Is? (line from a song)

Last episode posted on 2007/05/23. So is that it? No more? No ending?

It's a good story, well plotted and good characterization. I hate to see it just run out of steam like that.

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

x

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

Very well written story

Nice character development and plot. Wish it would continue but understand that RL sometimes takes over.

Janice

Hi, I just read this, and I see that there has not been a new chapter for some time. I found it a cute and sentimental story. I hope it didn't end like this. I enjoyed reading it. I thought the characters represented various types of 16 year old girls...one tha is confident, one who is learning to be a women, one who has a lack of confidence and others. So please continue........... Mary

a little early

i just finished the 8 chapters of this and very much enjoyed it. i hope you do get to finish it or at least the semester.
one thing though, at 16 having just started puberty an already showing some growth its way to early for her mom to even suggest implants. give the girl a couple of years to grow and see where she goes first.

hope you get a chance to do some more with this. thanks

"And That Is Way It Happened" 5 years ago.

Dear, Puala Dillion you are good writer.

Now it has been a more then a few years since you last post for ATITWIH. (over 5 years since the repost)

You have written more then a few new stories seen this work, so I think it would be a good time to finish or add to this work.

It has been sited and commented on twice this week in comments to blogs and other stories.

So, it appear people still remember you and this story, specifically.

I hope you write more. Hope to hear form you soon.

P.S. I see you may have had inspiration from 2 of crystal's works that predate this officially. If not I am sorry for the insinuation that you like her work.

-Juliet

growingup.jpg
"Sometimes you need a little space to grow up or start over"- Me

New Year's Day 2013

That's another 6 months after the previous urging to complete this story and it is still not completed. Not that it's the only one I've come across with promises of continuation. Let's see. There was 'Safe at First' in 2005 and 'Chased to Silk' (also 2005) which only achieved Chapter 1. I don't know about the other critics, but I certainly dislike the writers who fail to complete a story while going on to other works. My parents (long passed away) drummed it into me to 'Finish one task before beginning a new one'. The same applies to you Ms Dillon.

That's a little harsh, don't you think?

Speaking as a writer who has very likely never really finished anything, I can understand how someone could get only so far and simply stop. Writing is hard, and writing on one story over and over for any length of time can be very frustrating.

Is Paula even still around? I don't recall anything recent from her.

Melanie E.

Last I checked

Yes she is still around. She has tons of ideas but they all start to sound the same after a few pages. On top of that, she isn't the world's best typist. She may have written her last story, only time will tell.

Paula

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

A lovely story

Well paced and ended at a good point. Sure there could be more but it is not necessary. Just because Doug Addams wrote a 6 volume trilogy does not mean we need to turn out longer and longer stories.

Would I love to see more of this story arc, yes but would it have stopped other great stories Paula has written from happening. I have enough to be happy with this thank you Paula

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Update PLEASE!

A most interesting story for sure. BUT, what has happened to our intrepid group since we have last heard from them?
I like the way you have your characters interact and the way the chapters flow together.
HUGS!

I hope more of this great

I hope more of this great story will be posted, I really wanna know what's next.

Big hugs

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Me too!!

Me, too!

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

x

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

aaaawwwww!

Q: How do you keep an idiot in suspense?

A: I'll tell you later

I'd have loved to see (read) more of this story. I've enjoyed reading all of your earlier ones.

Wendy Coomber

Ohhh God YES

Samantha Heart's picture

So much MORE to cover in this story the the restraining order aginst that sleaze reporter, in this case Hurricane Madeline will have earned her fee to represen Janice to handle this slime ball lol. Not to mention Janice's love life, true she dosen't have one yet, but.... its coming so too. What about kinda skimming Sr year highlights yes like classes & any incidents that might occur then on to college for the girls & JD productions jobs & careers of all 4 girls. Not to mention Janice's love intrest.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.