MAU Superman & Supergirl Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

A part of her wanted him to stop, but that small weak voice of protest had been fading away with ever increasing speed for a while now. For the part of her that remained it was contented just to let her lay on her back as he skillfully stroked tenderly the inner borough of her parted thighs with his fingertips. Kara would never thought it would be possible to become so aroused by other persons merely touch her, but the growing euphoric bliss she was experiencing proved her wrong. Before she became to accustom to the pleasant ecstasy she was experiencing Kal-El with deftness of skills she had no idea he possessed switched tactics and moved his head downward. She was quickly overwhelmed by his exquisite technique of using his lips and probing tongue. With expertly skill he began to drive her into newer heights. She parted her legs even further and reveled in the experience.

“Oh… Kal-El…!” She thought she heard herself moan aloud as the feminine part of her started to take over. Kara Zor-El needed to do something now, whatever force or impulse had been holding her back, was quickly losing under the constant attack of her raging emotions and the outside assault from Kal-El’s pleasuring efforts. It was only a matter of time before she or her partner would take the initiative. By now it was very obvious to either one of them that his efforts were causing her to grow ever increasingly wetter and she wanted nothing more for - The sound of the alarm next to her snapped her back into reality. She didn’t mean to, but the clock having served its intended purpose would never again be able to perform its task again she observed mildly. Sitting upright in bed now fully awake she studied her hand in amazement as well as the scattered remains of the clock.

“Are you alright, Kara? I couldn’t help hearing-“ Kal’s concerned voice called through the door. Startled by his unexpected presence Kara’s eyes darted to the door and before she knew that she was causing it to happen. The door seemly appeared to dissolve into nothing. Revealing Kal-El standing on the other side looking concerned as he waited for her to respond. She didn’t know how long she had been staring at him but she found herself admiring his bare muscled chest and wide shoulders the feelings it raised brought her back to reality.

“Kara?” He asked again shifted his balance as he reached for the doorknob.

“I’m fine K-Kal… just having some-“ She paused looking at once had been a clock before switching her attention back to him. “Technical difficulties with your sister’s alarm clock. That’s all.” She answered carefully at the same time as she was trying to stop staring at him like he was a piece of meat. Privately she wondered what sort of changes had the booth done to her to make her have such a intense dream and now for her to gawk at him so intently standing outside the door, wearing just his pajama bottoms.

“Ahem… Well…” he coughed before continuing. “I was only coming down to see if you were awake and to tell you that breakfast is almost ready.” Not waiting for a reply he started up the stairs before pausing to saying. “Come on upstairs when you’re ready Kara.”

“Thanks Kal… I’ll be joining you after straightening up in here.” She responded finally. She was watching him intently was he simply shook his head sideways before continued his way up the stairs. It didn’t occur to her until after watching him leave, that he’d probably been watching her through the door was well. Feeling mixture of embarrassment and anger that he’d might have violated her privacy she forgot the fact that she’d been ogling him without regard to his own privacy.

Kara pushed her bed spread away and swung her tanned legs out onto the carpeted floor trying her best not to step on any of the odd pieces of debris from the former clock now scattered about. Standing upright she stretched upwards and tried working kinks she had discovered in her neck and back. In the process it wasn’t hard for her to miss the shifting weights on her chest or ignore the wet dampness along her back or between her legs.

Deciding to ignore the issue. She started following a long established morning routine from childhood by making up the bed and in the process she found the vibrator she’d used the night before caught up in the sheets. Kara picked it up and trying not to look at it anymore then she had to she quickly returned it back to the drawer where she’d found it. As a small part of her wondered what had possessed her to try it, another wondered if her friend might of spotted it and worried what he thought about her using it.

* * *

Kal-El walked purposely into the kitchen with the intent of keeping his promise to her about having breakfast ready. He knew he had to think about something else other then replaying in his mind about seeing how his best friend was dressed like that. Granted he understood that for many women they preferred to sleep in material that wouldn’t irritate their sensitive skin he didn’t realize the effect it would have on his male hormones when he caught her wearing it. It didn’t matter that she still looked like she had just woke up with her blonde hair tousled like it had been; she was quite stunning to look at. He did not mean to spy on her after hearing the alarm clock buzzed it last breath. He had simply become curious when he heard her calling his name, so he decided to check on her. Thinking she might have needed him for something.

The feelings he was experiencing would have surprised him if he knew that she at that moment was dealing with these complex emotions as well. Unbeknownst to the either one of them. They were already starting to feel that it wasn’t wrong anymore to experiencing this alien feelings or that Kal-El was beginning to think of his friend as a she. Or that Kara was beginning to grow more accustomed to her persona. Nor did they wonder that if they didn’t change back in the near future they might not be able to resist the almost magnetic attraction between them.

Kara had quietly climbed the stairs and before long was standing there in the kitchen doorway for several moments watching him unaware of her presence, thinking that he was wrapped up in their food preparation and to busy to notice her. Kara cleared her throat to greeted him.

“Morning Kara I hope that you happen to like-“ Kal-El began somewhat startled before turning around and caught sight of her. Whatever he was going to say was forgotten when he observed how attractive she looked just standing there. He observed that she must have found in his sister’s things an alluring red silk robe that complemented her powder blue colored sleepwear.

“So I was saying… I mean I’m making... Do scrambled eggs sound alright with you?” His voice stumbled finally; still captivated by her.

“Scrambled eggs will be just fine. If you want I can set the dishes out?” She asked demurely, quietly enjoying the affect she was having on him.

“Thanks that would let me finish up over here.” He agreed before returning his attention back to the skillet and its contents. From the sound of clinking plates and things he guessed she was busying herself with placing the items on the table. Taking a deep breath he turned around and set the plate of scrambled eggs on the table and looked inquisitively at her. “Kara I want to say something about last night- and this morn-“

Kara moved closer to him and gently put a finger to his lips in order to silence him. “We were just caught up in the moment Kal. For now lets just eat and then get ready to go, and maybe later we can talk about it.”

Kal readily agreed. They both sat down together and started to eat. She had to admit that the eggs tasted good.

They spent the next hour talking about small things they noticed since their transformation. Occasionally she noticed that his eyes were wandering down towards her chest lingering briefly before returning. She didn’t mind it however because she’d also been allowing her gaze to wander about his bare chest. The experience was almost getting her damp between the legs. Remembering her experience last night, Kara decided she needed to think about something less distracting.

“By the way, I believe that I owe your sister a new clock it appears that I’d crushed hers by accident.” She apologized trying to change the subject. Pausing to drain the last remaining drops of her orange juice, she waited. Hoping that he would take the bait.

“I wouldn’t worry to much about it. I doubt anyway if she needs it. I have to admit that I too had my own un-intentional use of my powers myself.” With Kara prodding him to he continued, “Well, I guess that I must have been dreaming about flying. Because, when I woke up I was floating directly above my bed I’d say about three or four feet. If I hadn’t caught myself I would’ve crashed into it.”

Kara found she couldn’t help laughing as she pictured him floating above his bed like that. That however, changed when Matt used his experience as an opening about how they should use their newly acquired means of travel to get to the convention. She had incorrectly assumed that he was going to drive, but he apparently had other ideas.

“Kara I just don’t see why we need to drive its going to take almost eleven hours to get there, if we do. Instead we should just simply fly there, using our own powers no less.” Kal-El began.

“I just don’t think it’s a very good idea. What would happen if someone were to see us actually flying on our way there?” She replied cleaning up the table.

“So some nobody sees us, what harm could it do? What’s the point of having these super powers if you can use them.” He demanded. Ever since his dream this morning he had been planning on giving it a try. He couldn’t understand why his best friend was being like this; he thought she’d jump at the chance.

Kara sighed inwardly and looked directly at him. “Kal-El, The harm is letting people believe in something that isn’t real. If we suddenly show up in Las Vegas as two super heroes in the so-called flesh and blood, we might have to answer some difficult questions. And I for one don’t want anybody else to know who I really am or how we changed ourselves. Would you?” Her voice pleaded. Her best friend eventually did give in but only after she promised him that on the way back home they would stop somewhere in a secluded area and then see how well they’d designed their powers in the remote Nevada dessert.

With that crisis adverted Kal-El went to his bedroom to change into his costume and Kara went back into the room where she’d left hers. Before long she was wearing costume she tried morphing it into varying types of feminine dress, before finally settling on a pair of light blue cropped pants with a conservative grey tank top. After a few additional modifications such as some wedge cork sandals, and had even found a worn but still useable tan colored purse to use. She then concentrated on morphing her physical features, like darkening her hair color till she was satisfied that she didn’t look anything like her alter persona. On a whim she even decided to keep the 40D breasts she’d changed last night. It actually went with her supposed secret identity, after all who would go from bigger to smaller if they could, she reasoned. Satisfied with how her appearance looked she packed a few items like the sleepwear and silk robe she used and a few other toiletries that she had found along with an overnight bag she’d found in the closet.

Both of them congregated back in the living room, and she silently noted with approval that he had with the exception of his muscles had changed his appearance so he looked like an improved version of Matt Kirkwood. He was carrying his belongings in one arm as well as the strange metal case in the other.

“Matt, why are you bringing that?” Kacy asked concerned. They had agreed during breakfast that they should use their original names for their secret identities. He had pointed out to her that since her birth name in particular worked for both girls as well as boys, she didn’t need to worry about forgetting it. She had to agree with his logic but it bothered her slightly about how pointedly he had stated it so simply. As if he’d thought about it before, she found herself asking the question.

“Well since were not going to be flying ourselves I can’t see why I couldn’t take it along. Besides we might need it at some point, so I’m bringing it.” Matt’s tone meant he didn’t want her to challenge him. She relented for now and followed him to the car.

* * *

“Well then tell me what you think I should’ve done. David threatened me last night that if we didn’t take him along with us. He’d show the video he made of us in the pool house last month, to our parents.” Alyssia demanded. Paul had to admit that his girlfriend had probably made the best choice. But she should’ve known that her little brother was a born manipulator, and it irritated him how easily Alyssia always seemed to give him a second chance. She even had gone as far as protecting him when he should’ve been punished. He had not quite figured out why she seemed to look out for her, especially when it seemed he wouldn’t ever do the same for her in return.

“Please, Paul say something!”

Paul Haywood sighed inwardly before setting aside his clipboard with the halfway-completed preflight checklist.

“Alyssia, when was the last time that spoiled brat brother of yours ever kept a promise he made? You know that he only looks out for himself and wouldn’t hesitate stabbing you, I or anybody else in the back if he thought he could gain something from it.” Her stiff silence was the normal response he had come to expect. He knew her well enough that she’d try to defend him.

“He’s still my brother, and I his older sister. I need to watch over him.”

He would’ve responded to her misguided attempt to stand up for her sibling, if the cabin door to his airplane’s cockpit had not popped open revealing the thin sinuous face of David Vandenhoff. The first time Paul had the misfortune to be introduced to Alyssia’s younger brother, he knew instantly that he wouldn’t like him. That had been almost three years ago and his initial assessment had proven correct.

“Ah… Two little love birds, alone.” David sneered as he stepped further in before motioning back the way he had come in. “If you’d like I could give you a few more minutes.” He suggested in a friendly tone that was anything but.

Not willing to be baited Paul instead asked if all of the luggage of his newest passenger had been loaded in the cargo hold.

“How should I know something like that, my bodyguard had better be loading it. After all that’s what my parents pay him for right?” The tone of his girlfriend’s little brother almost made if want to punch him in the face. Even though Paul had grown up in a privileged environment he had been raised never to look down on others less fortunate. Instead he was encouraged since he could remember to help people if possible. Paul diplomatically asked David if his bodyguard would be coming also. He actually liked the older gentleman and on occasions had interesting conversations about the man’s experiences in the US Marine Corps.

“I should think not! I’ve managed to convince him that his services are not really required since I’m to be in the accompany of a martial arts master.

Paul Haywood was quite proud of his mastery of several forms of martial arts he’s managed to become skilled at in his life. Lately he was even prouder that with a little portion of his private fortune and his participation his dojo was helping battered woman learn ways how to defend themselves when circumstances warrant it. For him he had only once needed to utilize his hard earned skills when the very person talking to him now unwisely challenged him. Thinking that his own martial arts skills were a match. Paul knew that despite the amount of money David’s parents had spent on trying to make their only son happy. He lacked the discipline and the patients to learn from anybody more knowledgeable then him.

“David I don’t think that Daddy is going to like this! Remember that last time during sprin-” David cut her off not wanting to remember the encounter with that stupid jock he’d had last year. “Well I have Master Paul Haywood here to watch out for me, and besides what dear old dad doesn’t know won’t kill him, right?”

It amazed Paul that he had the nerve to think that he’d come to his aid and he also had the audacity to threaten them with revealing something private before turning around and simply expecting that very people he was willing to betray would cover for him if the time ever came.

“I really hate to interrupt but-“ Which in truth was a lie Paul thought absently before continuing “I really need that yellow form the airport staff gave you regarding the total weight of you and your luggage. I am going to need it to finish my preflight check.”

David frowned before reaching into his back pocket and handed over the crumpled form. “So when do you think we’ll be ready to go and how long is this flight anyway?”

Taking the form and trying to smooth it out flat Paul privately tried to determine what annoyed him more the fact that he treated this necessary document so careless or that it had been intentional. Looking at his watch he paused looking at his checklist before answering

“We should be airborne in about twenty minutes and the flight is just about two hours long. If I’m left alone that is.” He said honestly privately thinking that two hours was just about enough time he could stand being confined in a tight space with this kid.

* * *

Kara took her time with massaging in the remaining traces of lotion on to her chest and arms before wrapping herself in one of the fluffy soft bathrobes’ the hotel provides to its guests. She luxuriated in its the soft gentle embrace and found herself enjoyed the experience. Prior to her transformation she would not have ever considered that she might need or enjoy performing such a feminine ritual. Fortunately she’d remembered to bring the lotion along at literally the last minute. Taking a long hot shower after checking in to the hotel, before going to the convention was just the sort of therapeutic medicine she’d needed. After the nerve-racking ride she had had to endure with her best friend at the wheel. Driving no stop for nine hours with Kal-El behind the wheel, she felt a little weak kneed about the trip home. The instant they’d hit the interstate she’d started regretted even on insisting that they take the car instead of flying there by using their powers. It was almost as if Kal-El had wanted to get back at her by driving like they were in some cross country race. That thought had crossed her mind more then once during most of the trip to Las Vegas.

Despite being theoretically invulnerable to practically almost all forms of physical injury, the mental and emotional distress she’d experienced afterward probably could mean years of therapy. She thought wistfully as she managed to get her long hair wrapped into a towel and opened the bathroom door. Kal-El still lying on his side of the bed when she had started her shower was still flipping through the channels. She’d almost considered going home when she found out that they had to share a bed together, but she relented, but she had made the caveat that they both stay on their own sides.

“So you feel better now after a shower, you’ve been in there for almost and hour.” He smirked playfully, getting up from his side and making his way toward the bathroom to take a shower himself.

“Hey… Speed Racer I had to unwind after that little speed exhibition of yours, and besides ladies first.” She bantered back sitting down on the edge to the bed. He peaked back around the door “Well if your wondering I’ll be out in twenty minutes or less.” Kal stated flatly, before closing the door.

When she heard the water start, she started to unwrap herself and began donning her Supergirl costume. Looking in the mirror she abruptly remembered that she’d retained the same physical features she’d had when they’d checked in. It took her a moment but as she concentrated on her figure it instantly reverted back to her predefined 38C-26-35 measurements they had been when she stepped out of the booth for the last time the day before. Once she was satisfied with how she looked she reached into her bag that she’d brought and pulled out a makeup kit. She had also found in the bathroom in Lydia’s room. The years of putting on makeup when as a boy turned out to be good practice for her. She’d found that it was easier to apply it when her own beautiful face didn’t need very much, just a little eye shadow and liner. She selected a rose-colored lip-gloss and finished it up with a touch of perfume. Pulling off the towel she used a blow dryer and a brush to comb out the tangles and smooth out her blonde hair.

As she admired herself she wasn’t aware that her roommate was standing already in his costume watching her from the bathroom doorway.

“Well, It took you long enough.” He said startling her and privately enjoying watching her jump with a gasp.

“Damn it Kal-El. DON’T DO THAT!”

“Jeez I’m sorry… Look I couldn’t resist. You were so focused on checking your self out in the mirror you didn’t notice me standing there.” Kal-El said defensively holding his hands up to ward off any potential blows.

“I was not checking — Oh never mind are you ready to go to the convention center?” She demanded.

“Yeah I think I’m ready — Wait Kara I almost forgot something!” He said striding over to the table and picking up the metal case and then sliding it under the bed. “OK! I’m really ready. Just remember to stay in character.” If he was expected a response she thought he’s not going to get it.

* * *

Kara felt satisfied that their room door was locked now, after hearing the faint but still audible click of the automatic lock engage. She was about to direct her attention back to Kal, when a rather annoying voice interrupted her.

“You both need to tell me where you got your costumes. I’ve got to get myself one!”

Like Kal-El and Kara, the interloper and his two other companions were also dressed in superhero costumes. She had to admit that despite the fact that their own costumes never mind their powers were created out of some sort of futuristic machine she was impressed by the quality of their costumes. She was slightly put off by this kid’s intrusive manner. The teenager was dressed as Superman himself, but in spite of the quality of his padded costume, his obvious gangly physique contrasted rather sharply with the fictional hero he was trying to depict. She tried not smirk or laugh at his apparent attempt to look like something he wasn’t

“David Please!” The one dressed as Wonder Woman snapped looking very embarrassed. “My name is Alyssia Vandenhoff. I’m really must apologize for my bother’s behavior.” Alyssia said embarrassed once again by even being related to him.

“Hi my name is Paul Haywood, I really like your costume. You must of put a lot of time into it” Paul said joining the conversation, shaking hands with Kal-El.

“Thank you, I think your costumes look great too. My name is Matt and this is my girlfriend Kacy-,” He said evenly paying no attention to the stunned look Kara gave him. Alyssia noticed her reaction and gave Kara a friendly smile. Kara smiled back at her the act strangely made her feel better.

Oblivious to this non-verbal byplay Kal-El continued “However I was thinking in keeping in the spirit of the ComicCon just call me Kal-El and her Kara Zor-El, might as well as stay in character right?” He laughed. David rolled his eyes not liking the fact that he was being ignored by the others had finally had enough.

“I don’t know about the four of you, but I don’t want to stand here in the middle of a hallway.” David exclaimed then to make his point started walking deliberately towards the elevator. He hated to be ignored and his body language showed it.

“David would you grow up for once. Can’t you be considerate of others at least for a short while?” Paul demanded. He was already getting sick of having to deal with him. At least once they were down stairs David would probably disappear into the crowd. As a group they walked together down the long hallway towards the elevator joining David who was still waiting.

While they waited the four of them made small talk about the convention and it wasn’t long till the doors of the elevator car slide open revealing an empty cab. Kara noticed that as Alyssia was about to board she stopped amid stride leaning against the wall beside the door.

“Are you Ok?” She asked concerned.

“Oww…that’s it! I really hate to be a bother to you Kacy… Sorry I mean Kara would you mind helping me adjust this corset it’s really pinching into me.” Her smug little brother snickered before Paul glared at him to stop. Kara hesitated unsure about what to do. From watching television and watching girls at school she knew that women were far more open about doing things like this, then men ever were. But she hadn’t been a female very long, and found herself hesitating to act.

“Alyssia/Kara we’ll be looking for the two of you in the hall’s atrium when you come down.” Both Paul and Kal-El said in unison. Not knowing how she could get out of it Kara stepped out of the cab and allowed the doors to close.

“I’m really sorry about this, I could’ve asked Paul to do it, but considering he was the one who’d laced me up in first place. He did me up in too much of a hurry and a smidgen harder then I liked.” She winced using Kara as support while walking slowly back to her suite’s door. Fishing her keycard out of her costume she quickly opened the door and allowed both of them in before closing it.

Tossing her keycard onto the table she walking over to the mirror. She quickly removed the decorative cowling then without any trace of immodesty Alyssia unzipped the front of her corset thereby freeing her breasts allowing to bound free.

Kara didn’t know what to say, her crimson red cheeks would say it for her instead. Other then her first time of seeing her own bare breasts this was her first occasion of viewing a pair other then her own. Alyssia cupped her large breasts with her hands covering her perky nipples and smiled deliberately.

“You’re from a small town aren’t you?”

“What makes you say that?” Kara asked hesitantly wondering why her companion had even asked it. She did not consider Longmont, Colorado being that small of a community.

Alyssia turned again to face mirror in order to adjust her corset liner better. “I meant no offense. If that’s what you’re thinking - your obvious bashfulness and I should say very delightful innocence about seeing me without a top on, tells me that your not used to being around other girls. You don’t have any sisters?” Kara’s silence affirmed what Alyssia expected about her attractive companion. Privately she wondered why Kara’s mother hadn’t taught her the things she needed to learn. She gathered her corset up and after loosening the pull cords she wrapped herself in it and zipped the front up again.

“Could you help me cinch my waist up, now?” Alyssia asked sweetly turning her back revealing the cords for Kara. After a moment of hesitation Kara gingerly grabbed the pull cords and under Alyssia coaching tightened the corset around her new friend. Kara had to be careful about how hard she tugged on the cords, not wanted to injure Alyssia, by being careless about inadvertently using her super strength.

“O.K. —“ she gasped. “I think that it’s tight enough.” She managed sounding a bit breathless. Kara tied off the lines and tucked the loose material into evident pocket intended for such a purpose. “Thanks Kacy- I mean Kara.” She said turning around to face her new friend.

“Kacy is fine with me, Alyssia.” She said sitting on the edge of the bed. Kara didn’t know why, but she felt comfortable talking to her. Perhaps this is what they mean by woman bonding, she thought privately.

Alyssia reattached her cowling of her costume to the corset and grinned at Kara. “Guys really don’t have any idea what lengths we go to look so appealing to them, right?” Kara nodded shyly and on an impulse looked at her reflection in the mirror.

“You are very beautiful Kacy, your boyfriend is very lucky to have you as a girlfriend. Of course I should say he is a rather handsome catch himself.” Alyssia offered standing next to her so the mirror caught them together.

Kara blushed profusely and looked up at Alyssia. “Alyssia I need to tell you that he isn’t really my boyfriend, we’ve been friends since we’re both kids. But-.” Alyssia smiled and nodded her head before saying. “I suspected as much-” she paused noticing a change in Kara demeanor. “Kacy sometimes people can find that they are kindred souls even after being friends for a long time.”

“Alyssia… its just that I… haven’t always looked like this, and-“ She stopped amid sentence not sure how to continue. How do you tell someone that you could change things about yourself with some strange metal case, she thought. Alyssia sat next to Kara and put a friendly arm around her, taking pity on the confused girl. She had always been fond of acting, as matchmaker of sorts for couples who’d hadn’t fully felt cupid arrow yet. Alyssia could see that her new friend needed her help. To be quite honest she liked a challenge. With the right help this girl will be breaking hearts in no time, she thought secretly.

“Listen sometimes girls are just late bloomers, but I ought to say that it must of been worth the wait in your particular case. I meant what I said earlier; Kacy you are quite stunning to behold. I have friends who have spent tens of thousands just because they didn’t like how their breasts were shaped or god know what else they didn’t like about themselves. You have it so enjoy it”

Kara thought better then to disagree with her friend’s belief about her being a late bloomer she couldn’t help thinking about the sheer irony of her statement, because since she’d used the booth the day before Alyssia was right, but did not know it. “Alyssia its not like I wanted this to happen, but until fairly recently I’ve been having this feelings-“

“About Matt?” Alyssia interrupted. Already knowing the answer.

“Well…yes, but it isn’t right we-“ Kara continued but stopped and looked pitifully at Alyssia, she did know what else to say. To her surprise she didn’t need say anything more, instead she found herself in a sisterly embrace with Alyssia and Kara realized that she needed it. She really couldn’t talk to Kal-El about what she was feeling. I guess it is easier for girls to open up to each other about some things, she speculated. Alyssia was a very attractive woman, but right now Kara didn’t feel anything towards her other friendship and sympathetic support.

“Thanks Alyssia for talking. I just feel so confused lately.” Kara murmured into her friend’s raven black hair. She hadn’t realized when she first met Alyssia that her hair was its natural color, or that it was even softer then her own.

“Talking helps, especially when it’s just between two girlfriends. Just be patient and let mother nature run its course and I can promise you that everything will work itself out.” Alyssia comforted Kara before sitting back. When she did do she finally noticed what the time it was, by the clock nest to her and Paul’s bed stand.

“Come on!” She cried pulling herself and then Kara upright. “We’ve been up here for almost an hour. The guys are going to be wondering what is taking us so long.” She continued busying herself with checking and correcting any last minute flaws in her makeup. No sure why she was doing it herself Kara subconsciously checked her own makeup, and with Alyssia’s help she made a few minor touch ups.

“Ready?” Alyssia inquired having completed her touch ups last. Kara simply nodded and followed her new friend towards the elevator.

* * *

Kara breathed a sigh of relief as the doors slid open long enough for its passengers to quickly exit. Their hasty effort was more of an attempt to distance themselves from the incident that had just occurred just before their arrival. She didn’t say anything she only watched one of them in particular as he tried to slip away.

“Don’t worry about him, he deserves what you did to him!” Alyssia announced firmly still offended by the whole encounter. Both of them watched the young man trying his best to distance himself from them, but the newly acquired limp only slowed him down. Since the encounter he avoided making eye contact with any other person; especially with his would be victim.

“Honestly, I didn’t mean to hurt him I just wanted him to stop.” She answered defensively. Alyssia had wanted to call the police and have him taken away, but considering that Kara’s ID was fake and technically she really wasn’t supposed to exist. She had instead declined her new friend’s offer and had threatened not to press charges if the police had become involved anyway. Fortunately for both her and the offending young man Alyssia relented on trying to change her friend’s mind. But more importantly for Kara she’d luckily had only pressed down his foot with her heel instead of stomping on it like she had wanted to. A quick look with her x-ray vision showed that while he might have a limp for a few days no lasting damage had been done.

“Kac… I mean Kara he should be going to jail. In the first place he wouldn’t taken the hint that you weren’t interested. He then has the nerve to ‘supposedly’ stumble into to you like that and accidentally grope your breast in the process.” Alyssia said not realizing that she was trying to be, as protective to her like an older sister wiser in the ways of the world would do. She privately assumed that Kara behavior was the result of her small town up bringing and not having mentor to teach her.

“I know… I know, but I’m saying that I could’ve really hurt him, by accident.” Kara said. The memory of what had occurred with the alarm clock earlier was now after the fact more vivid in her mind from this morning. She tried not to shudder as she imagined what she could’ve done to his hapless foot.

Alyssia not fully comprehending her new friend’s inner turmoil she quickly decided to change the subject by suggesting that they find their wayward boyfriends. In the process she put arm around her in a sisterly embrace leading Kara in search of the other members of their group.

* * *

“Well it took you girls long enough to find us. What were you two both up to?” Paul had greeted them in mock seriousness before breaking into a grin and taking his girlfriend up into his arms pressing his lips into hers. She didn’t resist, instead she kissed back enthusiastically.

“I just wanted to take some time to get better acquainted with my new friend here.” She answered finally; still savoring their kiss she hoped that Kara hadn’t become too uncomfortable by that display. She just wanted to demonstrate how rewarding a simple kiss could be. Alyssia was about to ask what had they been doing to occupy themselves when she noticed someone missing from their little gathering.

“Paul, where’d David disappear to?” She asked looking about, feeling the same sense of dread she always felt when ever she didn’t know where he was. Ever since she could remember David always getting into some sort of trouble. His temperamental attitude that because he was from a rich family also meant that he was superior to others had been the real reason he needed a bodyguard. Alyssia’s parents to be fair in how they treated their children had also given her the option of having one like her brother. She’d refused she felt safe with Paul and couldn’t think of anybody who could do a better job than he. But in her brothers case she actually liked the idea that someone was watching him. A few years ago she had discovered a terrible dark hobby that he had apparently been caught up in for several years. She had never confronted him or told anybody including her parents or even Paul who she had just started dating. However since then she had only known that David’s temper and aggressive behavior had to be watched and hopefully curtailed by someone being present.

“He being his normal self Alyssia, he took off in sulking as usual. Just before you ladies decided to grace us with your presence. He had been arguing about details about Superman and his Kryptonian heritage with Ma…Kal-El —“ He paused looking at Kara and Kal-El before leaning closer to his girlfriend’s ear and whispered. “I know I told you before coming here, that you’re going to meet some people who are really into this superhero stuff. And I also know that I said some people begin to identify with their character, but the way he was able to talk your brother down about some of the more trivial points of how Kryptonian DNA is supposedly structured he had me almost believing that it could be possible.”

Alyssia looked back at Kal-El and Kara and studied them both. From the short time she’s been with Kara she didn’t get the sense that she was like any of the people Paul had cautioned her about. But her observation of Kara’s potential boyfriend had been another matter, then a thought she never really considered occurred to her.

Glancing deviously at Kara’s standing next to her man wearing her revealing costume and then it made perfect sense. Whispering into her boyfriend’s ear. “Well Kacy or should I say Kara doesn’t seem to be like that, I believe that she just wants to be with him, and is willing to put up with his hobby. Like I happen to do.” Both Alyssia and Paul missed the nonverbal byplay between their two companions. She failed to notice the anxious look of concern on Kara’s face as her eyes jumped to wear Kal-El was standing.

That was when everything and everyone just seemed to stop. Every person within the atrium heard if not felt the rapid popping sound of metal catastrophically failing reverberated along the glass walls of the convention center.

“Oh my God! The skywalk is collapsing.” Someone cried pointing upward in horror. Another person in the crowded atrium foyer called for someone to call the authorities. The spectacle going on above them was something almost straight out of an action movie. Seven stories above the Comic Book Convention a recently installed skywalk platform once suspended out into the atrium now was slanted downward and threatened to crash onto the foyer floor below.

“Someone call the fire department! There are people still on the platform!” Someone in the crowd cried. People on the glass bottomed clung to whatever they could find. At first Alyssia didn’t want to believe her own eyes. But the she’d seen that all to familiar costume of his to hope differently

“David!” Alyssia screamed feeling sick and weak in her knees leaning into Paul for support.

She wasn’t alone almost the entire crowd was at this point screaming or shouting for anybody to do something. The convention hall was turning into pure chaos some of the Comic Book Con goers were crowding the exits. While others amazingly had their cell phones out and were recording the spectacle. Some of those watching were half convinced that this was just a staged event for the Convention.

“Kara…” Kal-El voice called to her as if it was coming from a haze. Kara looked away from the horror above them to look intently at her best friend. Neither one of them had to really say anything; both of them knew that help would be to late unless they acted. However, in doing so would expose them and in spite of his desire to use his powers, Kara noted that he needed her approval to use them.

“I know Kal-El but what choice do we have?” She murmured so softly that only he could hear, taking her hand into his. With a sad nod he said firmly “I take care of this there is no need for you to reveal yourself unnecessarily.” Not saying anything else he let go of her had and soared upward to the utter amazement of everybody present. Kara wasn’t watching him instead she found herself looking of her newest friends Alyssia and Paul shifting the gaze between Kal-El and herself.

“Kara?” Alyssia started to mouth but was drowned out by a collective gasp came out from the crowd. Kara smiled weakly at Alyssia before looking upward to watch too. She oddly was feeling pride and admiration as Kal-El grasped the edge of the platform and as if he was lifting piece of particleboard he carefully leveled it out.

Kal-El smiled at the people that had moments before been holding on to something for their lives. Who now could only star at Kal-El in disbelief despite there close brush with death.

“I think Ladies and Gentleman, that this is your floor.” He suggested good-naturedly. He didn’t need to repeat himself as every one of them including David quickly scrambled off the platform. David however stopped at the edge and turned to face his rescuer.

“Superman? Its impossible!” Someone cried from below.

Kal-El was a little too preoccupied with the skywalk to notice. He had hoped on the way up that he could somehow fix it but after seeing the damage up close he knew that it probably would be safer if he carefully brought the platform wreckage to the ground floor. He worked the platform just enough to finally break it free and then still holding it in his hands he slowly descended downward.

A piece of metal conduit that probably had started working itself loose as the skywalk swayed freely now dropped way toward the crowd below. The silence in the hall was profound, not surprisingly the only audible sound available was of people’s camera cell phones, which were now snapping shot after shot of the scene playing out before them. Kara noticed that the conduit was falling directly towards someone.

Kara reacted before she even knew that had done so. She raced across the foyer faster then the human eye could track and caught the heavy metal casing seconds before it could have killed the young man still frozen in place.

This was the first time she had really used her super strength and it amazed her how light it felt suspended over her head in extended arms. Before she set it down safely.

“Tha-Thank You Supergirl… “ He turned as if to walk way but stopped and looked regretfully in her eyes. “I’m sorry about what I did earlier.” The young man stammered before moving way as fast as he could. It took her a moment to realize that the person she had just saved was the same one who’d tried to hit on her in the elevator.

Superman descending with the wreckage firmly in his hands to the ground floor. Just as Kal-El was touched down on the ground floor Kara noticed that David who foolishly was standing at the edge. Now was loosing his balance and began to fall downward. He definitely would’ve died if Kara had not reacted. David only fell a few feet before he found himself being held firmly in Kara’s arms.

“You’ve got super powers also?” He asked stupidly then before she could react he hugged her tightly. Kara only nodded as she wordlessly floated gently downward so he could rejoin his sister and she could be with Kal-El.

Only once apparent that crisis was over did the mob of bystanders finally react. The roar of applause was almost deafening, the very walls of the atrium reverberated with the cries of Superman and Supergirl. Kara Zor-El and Kal-El silently stood together now the center of attention. The sporadic flashes from digital cameras scattered amongst the encircling horde bathed the two reluctant heroes in a wash of light. It wasn’t too much of a stretch of imagination to expect that in a few short hours. Almost every major media outlet worth its salt would be broadcasting the episode. Kal-El took Kara protectively into his arms and held her close. She could feel the crowd moving closer towards them for a closer look.

“Kal… I think if stay any longer, we’re going to have something else to worry about.” Kara whispered. Her adrenalin already draining away she felt spent.

“What do you mean, Oh…“ Kal-El asked feeling rather foolish. He’d hadn’t noticed that of the people heading their way two individuals pushing their way closer towards them appeared to be professional news team.

“Kal… I’m really feeling uncomfortable, I don’t think I can handle this?” Kara whispered nervously. Watching apprehensively as the cameraman brought his equipment up and centered his female counterpart in his eyepiece. Kal-El wanted to reassure her that everything would be ok. That was until the attractive brunette came within reach of them and looking into the camera with practiced ease, began to speak.

“This is Melissa Duran with channel eight eyewitness news and only moments ago we witnessed a rather extraordinary rescue of nearly a dozen or so guests. At this years Comic Book Convention taking place at the White Castle Convention Center here in Las Vegas.” Melissa paused to listen to voice speaking to her from her ear microphone before continuing. “Before I continue, the network has just confirmed for me that this was not a staged event, according to its coordinators and sponsors. In addition the video we shot during the event is now being provided to all our network affiliates.” She smiled and stepped closer to Kal-El and Kara. It was hardly a stretch of imagination for Kara to realize that both she and Kal-El were on television and their rescue was probably being replayed even now. “It appears that our two heroes are in truth two actual Superheroes. I never thought I would be saying this but I would like to introduce Superman and Supergirl!” The assembled crowd that had grown quiet once again started to cheer even louder.

I wish I could turn invisible, Kara thought as she sheepishly waved her hand along with Kal-El. Who she’d noticed actually seemed to be enjoying himself. Melissa waited for the crowd to calm once again before continuing.

“Superman I was hoping that you’d might tell us a little about yourself. For instance from your impressive rescue it is quite obvious to us that your powers are real or are they the result of some technological wizardry?” Melissa paused long enough for Kal-El to politely assert that their powers were not fake and that they were indeed real. He went further saying that both he and Kara were not from around here. Kara could tell that he was getting carried away with it and tried to ignore it. Thankfully the Television reporter was directing most of the questions towards Kal-El and Kara had to only answer only a few of them. But when the questions turned to a more personnel nature, such if she and Kal-El were a romantically involved couple. Kara just couldn’t take it anymore, breaking free of Kal-El grasp she soared upward and using her heat vision burnt a hole in the glass skylight, before flying way as fast as she could.

* * *

As she rocketed upward into the evening sky angling her direction unintentionally westward, she tried her best at ignoring the pleas from Kal and the reporter to return. Kara Zor-El only knew that she needed to get as far away from there as fast as she could. The terrain swept below her so quickly that it abruptly switched to the dark blue of the Pacific Ocean. It had occurred to her that she was now flying over Open Ocean but her mind was occupied with the future.

What am I going to do now? She thought apprehensively. They’d planned to have a little fun at the convention, and in her case explore some of the aspects of her newfound femininity. Now by helping some innocent bystanders and doing it such public manner it had become too much for her to bear. By chance she caught sight of a small seemly-uninhabited island and decided to stop and possibly figure out what she was going to do next.

The sound of the sea crashing up onto the surf would’ve been soothing to her but instead she simply sat on a damp rock outcropping and started to sob uncontrollably into her hands.

up
72 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

MAU Superman & Supergirl Chapter 2

Wonder if Kal El will follow her

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine