To Make A Wish Chapter 07

Printer-friendly version

 © September 2007-2011

Chapter Seven

    Sara found herself in Prue’s dreams again, but Jenna never tried to stop her this time. Sara thought of them as dreams, but it was more like a nightmare as she found herself running with Prue and Jenna as they tried to escape from the men in black. Sara could sense the fear coming from Prue as she watched her baby sister get shot with a dart just before she fell to the ground in a heap. Prue turned to protect Jenna, but was soon shot with a dart and also two stun guns as well.

     “No!” Sara woke up screaming as she tried to save the two of them.

    Sara’s very vocal end to her shared nightmare with Prue had managed to wake the others in the bed, and on it. Sara let out a sigh when she saw a sleepy looking Jenna sat next to her in the bed rubbing sleep from her eyes as she looked up at Sara. Sheana had sat bolt upright and had a blue glow coming from her hands ready to use magic on any would be attackers.

     “What’s wrong sis?” Sheana asked as she looked around the room for any sign of trouble.

     “Sorry Sheana, but I was having a bad dream.” Sara said as she slid out of bed to use the bathroom and splash some water on her face.

    Prue had morphed back from her wolf form to human form by the time Sara got back. “You okay Sara? I’m sorry you had to see that, but it’s one of my worst nightmares.” Prue said as she sat on the edge of the bed and pulled Sara into a hug with her.

     “That was no nightmare Prue. That is what happened the night you and Jenna were caught by the men in black wasn’t it?” Sara asked.

     “Yes it was.” Prue said with a shudder. “I’ll never forget what happened that night.” Prue added with anger in her voice as she thought back to how they managed to corner her and Jenna just after sunset.

     “How did they catch you Prue?” Sara asked as she pulled a blanket around Prue to cover her naked body.

     “They’d had us on the run for a couple of days. Every move we made, they already knew where we were and I couldn’t work out how at first, but I found out just after they caught us that they had added a tracer to some blood I’d brought.”

     “How did you escape from them?” Sara asked.

     “Jenna used her mind gift to make them think we had already escaped, so they left the doors unlocked, so Jenna and I just walked out the place they were holding us.” Prue smiled at the memory of how easy it was for them to escape. “Trouble is, now they’ve seen what Jenna can do, and they want her back and me dead, or as a lab rat for their new weapon testing program.” Prue added with a sigh.

     “I must have really upset them then last Saturday when I shook off all their little toys and gave them a good ass kicking?” Sara giggled.

     “I dread to think what they would do if they ever got hold of you and found some way to extract your powers Sara.” Prue said looking worried.

     “I’m not sure they would be able to do that Prue.” Came Sheana’s voice from just behind them. They both turned to look at Sheana as she said that.

     “What do you mean Sheana?” Prue asked.

     “Sara’s powers are all part of a magic spell she asked for, so if you remove any blood from her or any other sample it is no longer part of the whole, so it becomes useless to anyone.” Sheana explained. “I add it to all the wishes I granted as a genie to stop blood magic being carried out on anyone.” Sheana added.

     “Clever girl.” Prue smiled.

     “What’s blood magic?” Sara asked, not liking the sound of it.

     “Blood magic is when a witch takes blood from another witch and has it tattooed into their skin so they can then tap into that witches power.” Sheana explained. “That was the reason I was tricked into looking like this and taking the place of the former genie.” Sheana added with a sigh.

     “Why would a genie need to use blood magic? You’ve already proved that a genie is far more powerful than any witch.” Sara asked looking puzzled.

     “She was trying to build an army to become even more powerful and take over the ranking council of Jinn, but she was stopped and had to go on the run. She then tricked me into trading places, and I was the one sentenced in her place.” Sheana looked sad when she thought about all the time she spent trapped in that ring waiting for someone that could free her to come along. She just never realised what Sara’s simple wish would lead too.

     “How do you know all this Sheana?” Sara asked.

     “Part of the spell that made me into her and gave me her power also gave me all her memories as well, so I can remember every evil thing she did, and for a short time it even made me act like her.” Sheana shuddered at that memory. “She needed a human soul to make her deception work long enough to fool the Jinn council. For the first one hundred years of being trapped in this body, I was also trapped inside her mind with no will of my own.” She added with anger in her voice.

    Jenna broke Sheana out of her mood when she started giggling for some reason. Sheana looked down at her hands and saw that she was making little firework style displays in the palms of her hands. “They pretty, do more, do more Sheana.” Jenna giggled as she clapped her hands together.

     “I’m sorry Jen bear, but I shouldn’t be using magic in that way.” Sheana said as she closed her hands into fists so she could stop the sparks jumping around in her hands.

     “Otay Sheana.” Jenna said looking sad to see the pretty light show come to an end.

    Sheana felt bad for ending the light show, but it was untamed magic that Jenna was seeing. It may have looked pretty, but it was very dangerous if left to fester like it was. Sheana decided to give Jenna a little indoor firework display right there in Sara’s bedroom though. “I can do this for you though Jenna, and it looks much better than the little show in the palm of my hands.” Sheana giggled as she wrapped an arm around Jenna as she pointed a finger of her other hand up at the ceiling.

    Jenna, Sara and Prue all looked up to see what Sheana was going to do. They all started giggling as a soundless firework display started just below the ceiling. Jenna was all smiles again as she sat on the bed and watched the show. Sheana, Sara and Prue all lay on the bed looking up at it while Jenna sat in the middle of them all giggling and clapping at all the pretty coloured lights. Jenna was soon lying down between Sara and Sheana again, and Prue had already morphed back to her wolf form. Sheana ended the display when she saw that Jenna had fallen asleep again. Sara pulled the covers back up over them all and went back to sleep for a couple of hours before her and Sheana needed to get up and get ready for school.

*****

    Sandy and mum were both sat at the kitchen table the next morning when Sara and Sheana finally walking in looking half asleep still.

     “Morning mum, Sandy.” Sara said as she took a seat at the table and picked up the glass of juice waiting for her.

     “Are you okay dear?” Mum asked looking worried. “I hope you’re not coming down with something. Can you still get sick?” Mum asked.

     “Not sure, but I just had a weird night sleep wise mum, so don’t worry about it.” Sara smiled.

     “You been dream hopping again sis?” Sandy asked as she got up to start breakfast for Sara and Sheana.

     “Yes, first I was watching Prue and Jenna get taken by the men in black, then I was chasing sheep with Prue.” Sara giggled at the last part. “I never realised how fast Prue can run in her wolf form.” Sara added looking impressed.

     “I’m still not as fast as you Sara.” Prue said from the doorway as she entered the kitchen with Jenna at her side grinning when she saw the coco pops sat on the table waiting for her.

     “Is their anyway to stop Sara seeing other people’s dreams while she sleeps Prue?” Karen asked. “I’m worried about her looking so tired.” Karen added, worried about her daughter.

     “Jenna can show Sara a couple of tricks that should help.” Prue said as she looked at Jenna tucking into a bowl of cereal. “That is if you can stop her stuffing her face long enough.” Prue giggled.

     “I help show her later, when I’s finish eating.” Jenna said just before shovelling another mouth full of cereal in and munching on it with a grin.

     “You’ll have to show me tonight Jen bear, because Sheana and I need to see about getting ready for school when we finish breakfast.

    Prue set to work helping Sandy sort out breakfast for them all. Prue was glad to be able to help again, after spending a couple of days stuck in the form of a dog and living off table scraps. Sandy was only doing scrabbled egg on toast, but she was glad of the help from Prue again.

    While they waited for Sandy and Prue to get breakfast ready, Sara found herself thinking about what Sheana had said about blood magic and the genie that tricked Sheana into taking her place in the ring, so she finally asked Sheana if she knew what happened to her.

     “Sheana? Do you know what ever happened to the genie after she tricked you into swapping places with her?”

     “No, but she was very powerful though by the time I was caught and imprisoned.” Sheana said. “She built her army, but it was still no match for the Jinn Council.” Sheana added.

     “If the battle was that big Sheana, then how come I’ve never heard about it until now?” Prue asked as she brought two plates of food over for Sara and Sheana.

     “The Jinn council wiped it from history using magic.” Sheana shrugged as she started eating her breakfast.

     “How did this woman build her army in the first place?” Sara asked.

     “She tricked followers into using me to make them into powerful witches, so she could then drain some of their magic for herself. The one thing she didn’t count on though was the fact I twisted the spell a little, so she couldn’t use the magic like she thought.” Sheana said looking a little smug.

     “Didn’t she realise what you were doing sis?” Sara asked.

     “Not until it was too late for her to do anything about it. She was on the battle field when she finally realised she didn’t have as much power as she thought.” Sheana giggled. “She was still powerful and got away from the battle alive, but she was no match for a fully powered Genie.”

     “Do you think she could still be alive today?” Sara wondered out loud.

     “Anything is possible with magic, but I find it hard to believe she’d live this long without becoming a Genie again. “I’m sure she would have tried to get her hands on the ring by now as well,” Sheana pointed out.

     “What happened to the Jinn council?” Sara asked.

     “They all left this plane of existence and returned to their own universe many years ago now. I was the last Genie left behind, and even I’m just a very powerful witch now.” Sheana smiled at the thought of what Sara had done for her.

     “I’m glad I found you sis, and I was able to help you get free of that prison they had you trapped in, but I thought you told me that you didn’t know how many genies were left in the world?” Sara asked with a puzzled look.

     “I was scared that you would start asking to many questions about why I was left behind when they all left.” Sheana whispered as she looked down at the table. “I didn’t want you asking me to leave if I told you the truth.” Sheana added.

     “Never going to happen sis.” Sara said with a grin as she wrapped her arms around Sheana and hugged her.

     “I’m glad I found you sis, and was able to help you get free of that prison they had you trapped in.” Sara smiled back at Sheana.

     “I’m glad to have you as part of my family as well.” Karen said as she got up and walked around the table to give Sheana a hug. “Now both of you get your breakfast, or you’ll both be late for school.” She added in her bossy mum voice before leaving the kitchen to go and finish getting ready for work herself.

    Sara and Sheana both finished their breakfast and thanked Prue and Sandy for cooking it. They then hugged Jenna and got a chocolate covered kiss from her on the cheek before they went to finish getting ready for school.

    Jo and Mike were both stood at the end of their road when the girls got there. Mike let Sheana wrap her arms around him so they could kiss, and Sara did the same with Jo. They all blushed when a builders van drove past and piped at them while they kissed.

     “Did you get everything sorted out with Prue and Jenna last night?” Jo asked Sara as they started walking to school.

     “Yes.” Sara smiled. “Jenna hugged me and said sorry for being mean to me yesterday morning, and Prue said she understood why I did what I did, and she was wrong to keep quiet about our men in black.” Sara added with a much more bubbly tone to her voice than she’d had the day before.

    Sheana was walking with mike just behind Jo and Sara. Mike looked a little sad to be out as his male self when he just wanted to leave the ring off and be Michelle all the time. “Everything okay Mike?” Sheana asked looking worried.

     “I guess so Sheana, I just miss being Michelle when I have to go to school.” Mike sighed. “Did you and Sara have time to look at the ring for Jo last night?” He asked, hoping to change the subject a little.

     “No not yet. Sara spent most the night playing with Jenna after they got everything sorted out with the whole punishment thing.” Sheana explained.

     “And you never joined in the fun did you?” Mike asked looking very serious for a couple of seconds before he let out a little giggle. He was soon slapping his hand over his mouth when he heard it though.

     “You need to watch doing that man!” Jo warned Mike as he looked over his shoulder at his best friend. “Last thing you need are people looking at you odd when you start giggling like a girl around school.” Jo added looking worried for his friend.

    Mike winced when Jo called him ‘man’ Mike knew Jo didn’t mean it nastily, but it still hurt to hear someone say that to him, when all he wanted was to be a girl.

     “Sorry Mike, I didn’t mean it like that, it was just a slip of the tongue.” Jo quickly said to his best friend.

     “I know that Jo, but it’s getting harder and harder to keep putting this ring on in a morning so I can get ready to go to school.” Mike frowned. “I sometimes wish it was me that found the ring you were trapped in Sheana.” Mike added with a laugh, as he tried to lighten the mood again.

     “There’s no guarantee you would have been able to free me from the ring Mike. There was something special about Sara that I can’t put into words, but I could just sense she was the one to free me, or he was.” Sheana tried to explain.

    Mike knew what Sheana was getting at, he remembered her telling him about the person that freed her had to be pure of heart, and also be a soul in need. Even though Mike liked to think he was all of those things, they would never know if he could have freed Sheana, and if they would have still been together now. Mike wasn’t sure he could have given up the third wish to free Sheana from her bond to the ring that controlled her. Which is why he had his doubts as to whether he was able to free her from the ring in the first place? Mike thought that Sara had been the right one to free Sheana, and Sara also had a big enough heart to share between the two of them.

     “What if we used a little magic to change all my records to Michelle a female at the school?” Mike asked with a grin.

     “First, there is no such thing as a little magic Mike, and secondly, everyone would still remember a boy called mike with the same last name as Michelle.” Sheana pointed out. “I can’t use magic to change people’s minds. It never works right.” Sheana added with a sigh.

    “What about me and Jenna giving it a go sis?” Sara asked in Sheana’s mind. She was just as freaked as the last time she’d suddenly spoke to her like this when the men in black first showed up outside the school last week.

    “Can you hear my thoughts as well Sara?” Sheana thought in her mind back at Sara.

    “Yes I can, but I can only do it if I’m focused on your mind and your mind only.” Sara thought as they kept walking to school like nothing was going on. “Do you think this is just another slayer power?” Sara asked in Sheana’s mind again.

    “Could you do this before you became little miss kick ass?” Sheana thought with a giggle.

    “No, but I could always sense when I was in trouble with mum and Sandy though!” Sara thought a little to loud.

    “I don’t think that counts sis. You were just always in trouble I think.” Sheana giggled some more. “Can you talk to anyone else this way, or do you think it’s because we share a link through magic?” Sheana thought to Sara.

    “I’m not sure sis. I just wanted to ask you something and knew I could think it to you like this.” Sara said in Sheana’s head. “I’ll try pulling Jo and Mike into the conversation with us.” Sara added just before she called out both their names using her mind.

     “What?” Both boys said at the same time even though Sara hadn’t spoke out loud.

    “Oh my god Sheana, it worked.” Sara’s voice said in Sheana’s mind with a shocked edge to it.

    “Take it easy sis; we don’t want to freak them out with all this.” Sheana thought back to Sara.

    “You do have a point sis. Not too sure how Jo and Mike would take it if they knew I could get into their minds whenever I wanted.” Sara thought to Sheana.

    “Can you read their minds sis, or mine for that matter?” Sheana thought with some worry.

    “No, not really, but I’ve not tried to force any of this stuff on any of you, but I think I could if I really wanted to.” Sara thought with some worry herself now. She didn’t want to rape someone’s mind. “Not that I ever would sis.” Sara quickly thought to Sheana.

    “I know you wouldn’t sis, but we need to keep this between us until we can work out just how powerful a gift this is, and how far away someone can be for it to still work.” Sheana thought.

    Before the two girls could think anymore, Jo broke Sara out of the thought conversation. “You okay Sara? You looked a little spaced out just now.” Jo asked.

     “I’m fine, just thinking what kind of a girl I want to hang with at the weekend.” Sara grinned. She knew this would throw Jo off. It worked and he was happy to just walk the rest of the way to school in silence with his arm wrapped around Sara’s waist.

    Jo had put his foot in it the day before when he made a comment about not wanting to look like a dumb blonde. Not the best thing to say when the two girls working on a magic ring to turn you into a girl are both blonde.

    They were soon walking down the same road as the main school gates were on, and they could see a couple of work vans parked near the entrance to the school. Now they knew what to look for, they could plainly see that the men in black were still watching in some hope of spotting the source of the magic they sensed before Sara and Sheana blanketed the whole area in magically charged glitter to mask their signal.

    “Do you think they’ll ever get bored and give up sis?” Sara thought to Sheana as she saw her looking at one of the vans as they walked past it.

    “After what you said you did to a couple of their men the other night, I doubt it.” Sheana thought back.

    “I wonder if their still looking for Jessica rabbit and Betty Boop?” Sara thought with a giggle.

    They calmly walked into school with a group of other kids like nothing was out of place, but Sara was going to see if Mike/Michelle could get a list of vehicle registrations so they can keep an eye on where they might be from one day to the next. Jo and Mike walked Sara and Sheana to their homeroom before kissing them and then running down the hallway to their own home room before the bell went off.

    The morning dragged on and Sara found time to practice her new gift out on some of the teachers so she could answer a trick question or two. She soon stopped again though when Sheana kicked her in the leg, warning her to stop it.

    “Ouch!” Sara thought into Sheana’s mind “Practice makes perfect.” Sara added to her first thought.

    “Showing off and being silly gets you caught as well.” Sheana thought back with some anger in her voice.

    Sara could see the point Sheana was trying to make, so Sara purposely put her hand up and got the next question wrong. “Thanks for keeping me grounded sis.” Sara though with a smile.

    “Keeping you grounded? Does this mean you can fly as well now?” Sheana thought with worry reflected in her voice.

    “No Silly.” Sara thought with a giggle. “It’s just a figure of speech. It means you’re helping to keep my feet firmly planted on solid ground.” Sara tried to explain.

    “Why don’t people just say what they mean anymore?” Sheana thought with frustration.

    “Where’s the fun in that sis?” Sara thought with a giggle.

    Sheana let out a growl that made the girl sat at the desk on the next aisle over look at her worriedly. Sheana realised that she’d let the sound escape her lips and just smiled at the worried looking girl, which didn’t help calm her down any. Sheana turned to look at Sara and frowned at her when she saw that Sara was trying very hard not to start laughing.

    They made it through the morning without too much trouble and then they met up with Jo and Mike outside the lunch hall before going in and eating together. Once they’d eaten, they went out to enjoy the rare English sun. Sheana was lying in the grass under a large oak tree with her head resting on Mike’s knee. Sara was doing the same with Jo.

     “Did you find out anything new on our men in black?” Sara asked as she looked over at mike.

     “Not really Sara. Just that they are doing a grid by grid search looking for you, Prue and Jenna.” Mike said as he tickled the end of Sheana’s nose with a blade of grass. “I don’t think they have any idea that Prue and Jenna have gone to ground in your home. Must be something new for a vamp to do.” Mike shrugged.

     “I think they're having to get used to a lot of new things now.” Sara said with a grin.

     “I’d be able to do more if I had better computer power to play with, but I can keep us one step ahead of them with that I have.” Mike explained.

     “Do the two of you have any plans for this Saturday?” Sara asked. “I’m going to get Prue to call Hypatia and see if you can come to her house and have a word about what we need to help keep a better eye on them.” Sara told them her plan.

     “You can count me in Sara.” Mike said with excitement. “This Hypatia sounds like an interesting woman to meet.” Mike added with a grin.

     “You don’t think I’d pass up a chance to spend time with you, so count me in too.” Jo said as he leaned down and kissed Sara on the lips.

     “I’m glad to hear that baby, because Sheana and I will want to do a test run with the Josie ring before we go shopping on the Sunday.” Sara grinned up at him when they stopped kissing.

     “You want me to be a girl on Saturday and Sunday?” Jo asked looking worried now. “I said I wanted to go shopping with you as a girl to see what it was like. I don’t want to become the forth chick in the group.” He whined.

     “You’ll still need some practice being a girl before we let you loose on the world, and coming to Hypatia’s on Saturday as Josie will help you to relax into the role.” Sara said soothingly.

    Jo didn’t look to sure of Sara’s idea, but learning to act more like a girl in a house would be better than trying to do it while walking around the shops in town on the Sunday. “Okay then, I can see your reasoning for me needing to practice. Do your worst with me.” Jo said with a sigh, putting all his trust in Sheana and Sara.

    The lunch break was soon over and they returned to the school building to start the afternoon lessons. Jo and Mike walked Sara and Sheana to the first lesson of the afternoon before leaving to get to their first lesson. They said they would meet the two girls at the school gates at home time before they left them with a kiss on the lips. Some of the other kids pretended to gag, but Jo and Mike just smiled at the jealous looks on their faces as they ran off down the hallway.

    Sara and Sheana had sports in the afternoon; they were going to be playing tennis today. They both got ready and went out onto the courts to warm up. It was Sara’s turn to calm Sheana down now as she lost her temper after Susan Hopkins hit her in the side of the face with a tennis ball.

     “I’m so sorry.” Susan said, but she didn’t look sorry at all. She’d had it in for Sara since the showdown over Kimmie and Sara stopping Susan from getting her homework done by her. “How clumsy of me.” Susan added with a sarcastic giggle.

    Susan soon stopped giggling when Sheana made her hit herself in the face with her racket. “Calm down sis, someone might see what’s going on and work out you’re not a normal girl.” Sara thought into Sheana’s mind.

    “But she just makes me so mad!” Sheana snapped back at Sara using the same method of communication.

    “I know sis, but we need to be smarter and wiser than she is. Just rise above it.” Sara mentally sent to Sheana. “But failing all else, I do have another idea we can try to play with her.” Sara giggled in Sheana’s head.

    Sara then went on to explain her plan to Sheana while they carried on warming up. Sheana faked hurting her ankle so she could just sit and watch the others play tennis. Sara had seen that Susan’s friend and tennis partner wasn’t very good, so it didn’t take long for her to ask Sara if she wanted to play a match or two.

     “Let’s have a match against each other Sara!” Susan shouted across to Sara who was just batting a ball against a wall having lost her partner. “I want to see if you can play tennis better than you fight, and you don’t have your little geek friends to stick up for you.” Susan added with a sarcastic laugh.

    Sara was beginning to have second thoughts about stopping Sheana from making Susan hit herself in the head with her racket now, but this was going to be fun though. “I seem to remember you doing a lot of swinging with your fists Susie, but never hitting the target, so I hope you play tennis better than you try to fight.” Sara teased her.

     “I only kept missing because you kept moving out the way you bitch! And the name is Susan, not Susie.” She growled in anger.

     “I’m sorry Susie, I didn’t realise I was just supposed to stand there and let you hit me.” Sara said as she stood looking all cute as she battered her eyelashes at Susan who was getting even madder now with her because she’d just called her Susie again.

     “Just shut up and serve!” Susan snapped.

     “I would, but you have the ball Susie.” Sara pointed out with a grin as she saw Susan cringe when Sara called her Susie again.

    Susan was soon making her first serve, or she tried to. She bounced the tennis ball a couple of times before throwing it up in the air and taking her swing at it with the racket, but she never hit the ball, just thin air. Susan looked puzzled as to why she never made contact with the ball, but soon shrugged it off and tried again.

    The reason she missed the ball the first time was because Sheana made the tennis ball faze through the racket. This time though Sheana did something a little different and let Susan hit the ball, but sent it off course and right into the back of the teachers head. Susan looked shocked and then worried when the teacher turned around and looked to see who it was that hit her with their ball.

     “Susan Hopkins! If you hit one more person with a tennis ball, you will spend the rest of the lesson playing ball girl for all the others who are trying to play more responsibly.” The teacher snapped at Susan as she rubbed the back of her head where the ball hit with some force.

    Sara was looking at Susan as she pulled a face at the teacher behind her back. Sara thought what a cow. The next thing Sara heard was Susan shout out the word “Cow!” while still looking right at the teacher. Susan slapped her hand over her mouth in utter shock at what she’d just said. Sara looked shocked because that was the word she was thinking of just before Susan said it.

     “What did you just call me Miss Hopkins?” The teacher asked as she walked up to where Susan was stood looking very worried now.

     “I wasn’t talking about you Miss.” Susan tried to explain.

     “You were looking right at me when you said it, so who were you calling a cow may I ask?” The teacher asked her in a calm voice, but with a very angry edge to it.

     “I was talking about myself Miss. I was calling myself a silly cow for being so stupid.” Susan said, seeing no other way to get out of what she’d just spouted out at the teacher.

     “Well you’ll get no argument from me on that one Susan.” The teacher smirked as all the other students laughed at her for finally owning up to being a silly cow. “Never the less I still don’t believe you, so you and your friend Debbie can spend the rest of the lesson collecting the tennis balls for the others who do want to play properly.” The teacher said as she took the racket off Susan and pointed over towards a net where she would now have to collect the balls that never made it over.

    Sheana suddenly felt well enough to play again, so she and Sara started having some fun batting the ball back and forth while watching Susan and Debbie run around and dodge being hit by tennis balls as they collected them for all the other players.

    “Did you make Susan call the teacher a cow sis?” Sheana thought to Sara.

    “I’m not sure. I was thinking Susan was a cow just before she said it, but I didn’t force her to say it, well not knowingly anyway.” Sara thought back with some worry in her voice. “I don’t want people suddenly saying what I’m thinking sis.”

    “I think we may need to bring Jo and Mike/Michelle in on this now, so we can experiment with this new gift and find out just how powerful it really is.” Sheana thought to Sara. “I wouldn’t worry too much about it though. I think you need to be thinking the same thing as the person you make them say the word.” Sheana thought hopefully.

    “I really hope your right sis.” Sara thought as they kept playing tennis together.

    The school day came to an end and Sara and Sheana saw Jo and Mike at the school gates waiting for them. Jo could see right away that something was bothering Sara, but he waited until they were well away from the school before he asked what it was.

     “What’s wrong baby?” Jo asked sounding all tough.

     “Don’t call me babe.” Sara said back, doing her best Pamela Anderson, Barb Wire impression, just before she started giggling at him. She liked the fact Jo could make her want to laugh, even if she didn’t feel like it.

     “Ha-ha, she laughs!” Jo shouted as they walked down the road toward Sara and Sheana’s house. “Care to tell me what’s got you looking so gloomy then?” Jo asked.

     “I’m finding I have some new ability’s.” Sara said looking nervous about telling Jo and Mike.

     “Can you fly like superman?” Jo asked before Sara could say anymore about her new gifts. “It would be cool if you could fly.” He added with a faraway look in his eyes.

     “No I can’t fly.” Sara said as she rolled her eyes at Jo. “Well I don’t think I can.” Sara added as she realised she’d never tried.

     “I’m sure it’s something just as cool, so what is it?” Jo asked as Sheana and Mike stopped to hear what Sara and Jo were talking about. Sheana knew what Sara was about to say, but Mike had no idea that Sara could now talk to people using her mind alone.

    “I’m not sure if it’s cool or not Jo. What do you think?” Sara thought into Jo’s mind as she looked him in the eyes so he could see that her lips weren’t moving as she spoke to him.

    Jo looked freaked out when he heard Sara’s voice in his head, but her lips never moved or looked like she was speaking without moving them. Mike just looked puzzled when he saw Jo suddenly step back looking worried as he shook his head in disbelief.

     “You okay Jo?” Mike finally asked looking worried.

    “I’m sure he’ll be fine, just give him a minute to take it all in Mike.” Sara’s voice said in his head.

    Now it was Mike’s turn to look shocked as he also shook his head in disbelief at hearing Sara’s voice in his head but not seeing her say anything to him.

     “Does this mean you can read my mind?” Jo finally asked looking worried.

    “I’m not sure, but I can talk back and forth using just out minds. Try it.” Sara thought into Jo’s mind, while waiting for him to respond.

    “Hello, hello! Jo calling Sara, come in Sara.” Jo thought, feeling like a fool in his own head for even trying this.

    “You sound so silly saying that.” Sara’s voice giggled in Jo’s head.

    “I feel silly doing it, if you must know.” Jo thought back.

    “You sounded like Robin Williams when he played Mork in Mork and Mindy.” Sara giggled some more in Jo’s head. “Mork calling Orson, come in Orson.” Sara said in Jo’s head.

     “Na-Nu, Na-Nu.” Jo said out loud before he started to laugh.

     “Shazbot!” Sara suddenly shouted before she started giggling out loud.

    Sheana and Mike were just stood looking at the pair of them having missed the whole talk of Jo sounding like Mork from Mork and Mindy, just to have them both now shouting out quotes from the show to each other. Mike had seen some of the old TV show, so he had some idea about what the two of them were saying to each other, but poor Sheana just looked like her sister had lost her mind.

    Sara and Jo suddenly shouting out Orkan sayings though, had snapped Mike out of the shock that he’d just had Sara talking to him in his mind. “What’s with all the Mork and Mindy quotes?” Mike finally asked.

    Sara and Jo stopped laughing long enough to explain it all to Mike, and help fill Sheana in on the old show as they started walking again. The fun part about it was the fact that Sara linked all their minds together so they did the whole chat without speaking a single word out loud. Sara promised to find a couple of Mork and Mindy episodes on the internet for Sheana to watch later.

    “I’d like to see how faraway someone can be, and still be able to talk to them like this.” Sara thought to the others.

    “Why don’t you try talking to me and Mike later when we get home?” Jo suggested using his mind to do so.

    “I’d be more than happy to do my bit to help out.” Mike thought back to the rest of the group.

    “Okay then, we’ll test it out later on tonight when we’re all at home and alone.” Sara thought back with a happy tone to her voice. Sara was just glad that Jo and Mike/Michelle were so understanding about everything.

    The boys walked Sara and Sheana to the end of their road and then spent a couple of minutes saying goodbye before they watched the two girls walk down the road. Jo and Mike both had to laugh when they suddenly heard Sara’s voice in their head. “Talk to you later boys.” Sara said in a sexy voice that belonged on one of them sex lines you see in the movies. Jo and Mike laughed some more when they saw Sheana suddenly slap Sara on the arm, so they guessed that Sheana had been in on the little chat as well, and didn’t like the idea of her sister flirting with her boyfriend.

*****

    Jenna was sat at the kitchen table with a colouring book while Prue helped Sandy sort out dinner for everyone.

     “Yes please Sandy.” Jenna said all of a sudden.

     “I wish you wouldn’t do that sweetie.” Sandy said as she turned to look at Jenna with her hands on her hips in mock anger with the little girl.

     “What I do Sandy?” Jenna asked looking puzzled.

     “I was just thinking that I should ask if you want a drink, I never actually asked you the question.” Sandy frowned at the little girl.

     “I sorry Sandy, but you fink to loud sometimes.” Jenna giggled.

     “Are you calling me a noisy thinker young lady?” Sandy asked as she ran over and started to tickle Jenna.

    Jenna was soon giggling even more, but for a different reason to the one that started her off in the first place. Prue stood over at the cooker stirring a saucepan as she smiled at Sandy playing with her little sister. Prue never thought she’d see Jenna get to do things like a normal little girl, but here she was sat colouring while waiting for dinner to be cooked, and her new big sisters to get home from school so they could spend some time playing with her as well. As though by magic but really just a matter of timing, Sara and Sheana walked into the kitchen and smiled when they saw Sandy tickling Jenna as she giggled and tried to get away from her.

     “Hi Sara, Sheana. How was school today?” Prue asked.

     “Fine, but I’ve discovered a new gift I seem to have.” Sara said as she got ready to tell Prue about her telepathy.

     “Should I be worried about this new gift?” Prue asked looking a little nervous all of a sudden. She already thought Sara’s power as a slayer far outstripped any vampire or demon she’d ever come across. Prue use to think Hypatia was the most powerful being she’d ever seen, but Sara had held her own against even her.

     “I don’t think so, you’ve already seen part of it when I enter your dreams and can sense when you’re close by, but now I’ve found out I can talk to anybody using telepathy, and also enable groups of people to talk in the same way.” Sara explained.

     “It’s all true. Sara had me, her, Jo and Mike all talking on the way home using it.” Sheana added to the conversation. “I think she can also control what people say to a point as well.” Sheana said looking a little worried about the last bit.

     “In what way?” Prue asked.

     “I made that nasty girl Susan say the word ‘cow’, but I wasn’t trying to make her say it though.” Sara said when she saw the look both Prue, and now Sandy was giving her. Sandy had stopped playing with Jenna when she heard what the other three were talking about.

     “What were you thinking at the time this Susan said the word ‘cow’?” Prue asked, but not looking shocked at what Sara had done. It was like Prue had seen this sort of thing done before.

     “I thought she was a cow, but also I wanted her to just tell the truth for once and stop lying all the time.” Sara growled as she thought about Susan and her little group causing trouble for everyone.

     “Oh my god.” Prue said looking shocked now as she realised what Sara had done. She’d only seen one other person able to make someone tell the truth and that was Hypatia. Prue was soon snapped out of it as she started giggling at something Sheana said.

     “Where? I don’t see anyone but you, me, Sara, Sandy and Jenna.” Sheana said as she started looking around the room for Prue’s god.

     “It’s just a figure of speech. It means a person is shocked to find something out, but I don’t know what Prue is so shocked about.” Sara said looking puzzled as she waited for Prue to stop giggling at Sheana’s little slip up.

    Prue finally stopped giggling and took a couple of deep breaths to calm herself again before she tried to speak. “I’m sorry Sheana, but you just looked so cute as you looked around for my so called god.” Prue apologised. “Vampires don’t actually have gods for the record.” Prue pointed out.

     “Don’t worry about it Prue, I know you didn’t mean anything by it. Sara and I laugh about my little slipups all the time.” Sheana smiled. “But what has you shocked Prue? Do you know of this new gift Sara has?” Sheana asked.

     “Yes I do, but I know of only one other that can do it, and she is a high ranking demon.” Prue said looking proud of what Sara could do.

     “Demon?! I have a demon’s power?” Sara asked looking a little freaked out by it all. “I don’t want any demon powers.” She added looking upset.

     “Just because it’s a demon that has the gift as well Sara, that doesn’t make you a demon too. Its how you choose to use it that makes you what you are and I can’t see you using it for evil.” Prue said as she sat down next to where Sara had just fallen down onto a chair at the kitchen table. “The demon that has the same gift isn’t even evil hon.” Prue pointed out.

     “She isn’t?” Sara asked with some hope in her voice as she looked up at Prue with tears in her eyes.

     “Did she look evil when you met her, or when you saw her fighting with me in those dreams you saw? And you seemed to be having fun last Saturday at her home while she trained with you.” Prue said with a smile.

     “Hypatia is the demon you’re speaking about?” Sara was the one that looked shocked this time. “I thought she was a master vampire, not a demon?” Sara asked looking puzzled.

     “All master vampires are demons Sara. Well technically all vampires are demons, but master vampires are what demons call themselves because they were the ones that created vampires in the first place.” Prue sat and explained to Sara.

     “Why would they want to make vampires Prue?” Sara asked before she realised what she’d said. “Sorry, I didn’t mean it to sound like that.” Sara quickly added as she threw her arms around Prue and hugged her to show she liked some vampires.

     “Don’t worry about it Sara, but I would like to breathe.” Prue squeaked out as Sara crushed her in a tight hug. Sara liked to hug Prue because she was the only one that couldn’t get badly hurt from it if Sara forgets to be careful.

     “Technically you don’t need to breathe Prue.” Sara pointed out as she broke the hug and sat back to get more details from Prue about why a demon would want to make vampires in the first place.

     “I never said I needed to breathe my sweet little sister, I just said I like to breathe.” Prue pointed out with a smug smile.

     “Well start talking about why a demon wanted to make a vampire in the first place, or you will forget what breathing feels like.” Sara said in a threatening way, but blew it when she started grinning, unable to keep the serious face any longer.

    Prue never looked worried once, she’d seen Sara lose her temper when she got back after nearly being caught by the men in black last Saturday. The look Sara had at the minute looked nothing like that. “Simple really Sara. Vampires were made because of love.” Prue said with a shrug.

     “Love?” Sara asked looking puzzled. “All the vampires in the world are all here because of love?” She asked, but still not understanding what Prue was getting at.

     “Yes, a demon fell in love with a human girl and couldn’t stand to see her grow old and die, so he fed her his blood to stop the ageing process. It worked, but had a side affect the demon didn’t expect.” Prue told them the story. “The girl was attacked while walking home from market, she fought the attackers off and ended up biting a chunk out of one attacker. Once she tasted his blood, she became the first vampire and ripped all the attackers to bits before going on a rampage through the small village she had just been visiting.” Prue added with a heavy sigh.

     “Did she kill everyone in the village?” Sara asked.

     “Nearly, or so they all thought, but they all rose from the dead again the next night and spread out across the world.” Prue said as she remembered Hypatia telling her the story of how she and Jenna came to be what they were. “The early vampires couldn’t morph, and sunlight left them almost blind. As they spread out around the globe and fed on more and more humans and animals, we evolved into what you see in me now.” Prue said with a shrug.

     “What happened to the demon and the girl he loved?” Sandy asked as she sat with Jenna on her knee colouring again. Jenna had heard the story and seen visions of it in Hypatia’s mind as she told her and Prue the story first time round.

     “They were both killed.” Prue said looking sad about it. “Other demons hoped that killing the girl would end the vampires spreading across the globe, but as you can see, it didn’t.” Prue added as she held out her arms and looked down at herself with a sad looking smile.

     “Why do you look so sad for the demon and his mate Prue? You know what damage they caused.” Sheana asked. Sheana had memories of her former bodies host from that time, and all the carnage the demon let happen as he tried to tame his mates need to feed on human blood.

     “I feel sad for Hypatia. The demon was her brother, and she was the one tasked to kill the girl.” Prue let out a sigh as she said it. “Her brother tried to stop her killing the girl, so Hypatia ended up killing them both.” Prue added with a tear in her eye.

     “That’s so sad.” Sara said in a whisper as she thought about Hypatia having to kill her own brother. “Why couldn’t one of the other demons kill her brother for her?” Sara asked.

     “No other demon was strong enough to do it Sara.” Prue pointed out. “The fact that you could hold your own against Hypatia in a fight is impressive.” Prue added with pride for what Sara was able to do.

     “I never realised just how powerful Hypatia really was.” Sara said looking shocked at what Prue had just told her. “Samantha told me she’d never seen Hypatia so happy as when we were fighting, but now I can see why. It must have reminded her of a time when her brother was still alive and they fought together for practice.” Sara added.

     “I think the reason you can make people tell the truth like Hypatia is because the spell Sheana cast on you, gave you the power to take on even a master vampire, which would be Hypatia.” Prue pointed out with worry in her voice.

     “I’d never want to hurt Hypatia, Prue.” Sara said looking shocked that Prue could even think she would.

     “I know that Sara, but lesser demons will see you as a threat to them and want you dead.” Prue explained. “They all fear what Hypatia can do to them if they get out of line, but if they find out a human girl can do the same things, then they will want to end such a threat.” Prue added.

     “Wow, that’s scary to think about.” Sara said as she tried to swallow, but her mouth and throat had dried up on her.

     “I think Hypatia saw all this in you, but wanted to see what happened before she acted on it.” Prue said as she tried to reassure Sara she’d be okay.

     “You don’t think Hypatia will try to kill me do you? Like she had to kill her brother?” Sara asked still looking scared.

     “No! If she’d wanted you dead, she would have just taken on her true form and killed you before she started training with you.” Prue said it like Sara was insane for even thinking such a thing.

     “Her true form?” Sara asked looking puzzled.

     “Hypatia’s true demon form is that of a dragon, a very big scary looking dragon that breathes fire and everything.” Prue told them all.

     “I thought you told me that she was only part dragon and part human?” Sara asked, not sure what was real and what Prue was just making up anymore.

     “I’m sorry I lied to you Sara, but if I told you straight out that Hypatia was a very powerful demon, you would have been blinded by your fear and not seen the amazing woman she truly is.” Prue explained her reason for all the lies.

     “Are there any more little details you’ve been keeping from me Prue?” Sara asked heavy with sarcasm.

     “Quite a bit Sara, but I will help guide you through it all as we go. You have a lot to learn and take in, and trying to tell you too much at once will just make for trouble, so please feel free to ask me any question anytime and I will answer it for you truthfully.” Prue said with her hand on her heart.

     “Okay then, what do you know about this new gift if you say that you’ve seen Hypatia use it?” Sara asked straight out to see if Prue would answer her question.

     “Hypatia can sense when someone is lying and then she can compel them to tell the truth. She had also spoken to me in the same way you have spoken to Sheana, Jo and Michelle/Mike.” Prue explained.

     “So I’m a human lie detector now then?” Sara asked with a frown. “How does that work?”

     “I’m not too sure; you’d need to speak with Hypatia about it.” Prue shrugged. “She told me it was like a vibration in a person’s voice when they lied. That was how she knew when I was lying about being better when she had me chained up in her dungeon.” Prue added with a shudder when she thought back to that time in her life.

     “Why don’t you give it a go sis?” Sandy asked with a grin, eager to see Sara try out this new gift she now had.

     “Okay then, tell me something that isn’t true and I’ll see if I can tell your lying or not.” Sara said as she looked at Sandy.

     “But if I just come out with something that isn’t true, then you already know I’m lying, don’t you?” Sandy asked with a puzzled look on her face.

     “You do have a point, but I need some sort of base line to work from, so it may help me to find out what it feels like when someone lies to me.” Sara said looking excited to be testing out her new gift.

    Prue wanted to point out that Hypatia’s gift didn’t work that way, but she was having too much fun watching the two sisters bounce around as they tried to get to grips with it. So she just stood over near the cooker looking at them.

     “Okay then sis. I hate you!” Sandy shouted at her. “I hate you more than I’ve ever hated anything in my whole life.” She added as she threw her hands in the air.

    Sara stood looking at Sandy waiting for any sort of a sign or feeling that her sister was lying to her, but she never felt a thing. Sara started to look worried that Sandy might have been telling the truth, and she really did hate her now she was a super powered girl.

     “I didn’t feel anything.” Sara said with a hurt tone to her voice. “Were you telling the truth sis?” Sara asked.

     “NO!” Sandy snapped at her sister. “I was lying through my back teeth. How could you think for one second any of what I just said was true?” Sandy asked.

    Before Sara could give a reply, Prue spoke up. “Hypatia’s gift doesn’t work like that Sara. She had to ask a question and focus on the person she’s asking the question to make them tell her the truth.” Prue explained. “Ask Sandy if she hates you, but focus on her telling you what she feels in her heart as you ask the question.” Prue told Sara.

    Sara took a couple of deep breaths and then looked at Sandy. “Do you hate me sis?”

     “No, I love you baby sister, but I am jealous of the powers you now have, and wish I had them.” Sandy said without a pause. Sandy was soon slapping her hand over her mouth and looking worried.

    Sara smiled as she thought of another question to ask her big sister. “Do you miss not having a baby brother around anymore?” Sara focused on Sandy telling her the truth again.

     “No I don’t miss not having Simon around. I love having a baby sister to do things with.” Sandy said with a worried look on her face. “Stop it Sara, please don’t do it anymore.” Sandy pleaded with Sara as tears filled her eyes.

     “I’m sorry sis.” Sara said as she ran over and pulled Sandy into a hug with her. “Do you really love having a baby sister?” Sara asked as they hugged.

     “I love having both you and Sheana as baby sisters, but I am jealous of what you can both do.” Sandy said with a snuffle.

     “I’m jealous that I never got to do all the things growing up you got to do as a girl, so I think we can safely say that everyone is a little jealous of everyone else.” Sara said as she hugged her big sister.

     “I’m sorry that I don’t miss the old you sis, but I just never saw Simon as the real you.” Sandy said as she broke the hug and stepped back to take a better look at her baby sister. “But this is the real you. Super powers and all.” Sandy giggled.

     “I not want you use that power on me Sara.” Jenna said from the table where she was now sat on Sheana’s knee showing her the colouring she’d been doing just before they got home from school.

     “Don’t worry Jenna; it won’t be a gift I use very often.” Sara said as she walked over and sat on the empty seat next to Sheana and Jenna. “I may play around with it a bit, so I can master it a little better, and stop slips like at school today with Susan.” Sara said with a thoughtful look on her face, not that she was too bothered about Susan getting in trouble with the gym teacher.

     “It sounds like you were angry with this Susan, so you must have wanted her to just tell the truth for once, and she did.” Prue shrugged. “The fact that you were thinking she was a cow at the same time she thought the teacher was a cow, was just coincidence.” Prue added.

     “I hope you’re right Prue, I don’t want to start forcing people to say what I think about them.” Sara said looking worried.

     “It’s something you can talk to Hypatia about on Saturday.” Prue suggested.

     “Oh, speaking of Hypatia and Saturday. I was hoping that Michelle and Jo can come with us? We need to speak with her about our men in black that are hell bent on catching Jenna and me now.” Sara asked.

     “I can call her and find out, but why are you dragging Jo and Michelle into all this Sara?” Prue asked looking worried that Jo and Michelle could get hurt.

    Sara looked a little nervous as to whether she should come clean about the cameras at the school, and the fact she had managed to get all the codes so Michelle could hack all the men in black’s computer system. Realising that Prue had come clean with her, she thought it only fair to do the same. Sara spent the next twenty minutes telling Prue and Sandy about Michelle making some gadgets to stop them showing up on the cameras at school, and how she’d pulled all the codes from the two men’s minds last Saturday when they tried to take her and Jenna.

     “So what do you want to take Jo and Michelle to see Hypatia for?” Prue asked looking a little puzzled when Sara finished explaining.

     “Michelle needs better computer gear to hack the whole system and save off the information, and I was hoping Hypatia would be willing to help if it keeps her and us one step ahead of them.” Sara said with a hopeful smile.

     “Hypatia has been trying for years to get a heads up on the men in black as you call them. I’m sure she’d jump at the chance to help you police both sides.” Prue said. “I’ll call her this evening after dinner and make sure it’s okay for them to come with us on Saturday.” Prue added with a grin.

     “Police both sides?” Sara asked.

     “Yes, she tries to keep both the supernatural side in line, and stop the human’s from spilling the beans on our side, and also from killing our side.” Prue explained. “There are good and evil on both sides of the fence Sara.” Prue added with a grin.

     “I never looked at it that way before.” Sara said as she thought about what Prue had just said, and what she had already seen in her short time as a slayer. She’d seen the men in black try to do things just as bad as the two vampires she’d taken out. Then there was Prue and Jenna, Prue was a vampire, but she had dragged her way back from the very edge of hell to become a good vampire again and look after her little sister.

     “I’d like to help as much as I can Prue, so I hope she will be willing to listen to us and help get the equipment we need to do the job properly.” Sara said with hope in her voice.

     “Well you better save all this talk for later.” Sandy said sounding all bossy now. “You and Sheana need to go up and get changed out of your school clothes and then see about getting your homework done.” She added as she pointed to the doorway that led to the stairs.

    Both girls grabbed their school bags and then made their way up to get changed and do their homework. They didn’t have much, so were done when Jenna ran into the room to tell them dinner would be ready in ten minutes, and Prue had sent her up to get cleaned up before they ate.

*****

    Sandy made Sara fill their mum in on all the latest news to do with her new gifts and what she’d been holding back about the men in black. Karen wasn’t happy about Sara and Sheana keeping the news about the cameras at school from her, but was glad that they had found out about them and had already formed a plan to get around it. She was also happy that Prue would be having a word with Hypatia about it and getting her help.

    Sara and Sheana washed and dried the dishes after dinner while Sandy and Karen went to the living room and Prue went up to Sara’s room so she could call Hypatia and get the okay to take Jo and Michelle with them on Saturday. Prue also wanted to let Hypatia know that Karen would be coming to meet her as well.

    Prue walked back into the kitchen just as Sara and Sheana were finishing up the dishes with some help from a very wet looking Jenna. “You’re supposed to wash the dishes baby sister, not yourself.” Prue giggled when she saw the soggy looking little girl with Sara trying to get her dry.

     “I do, but I gets wet doing its.” Jenna pouted at her sister.

     “Did you get hold of Hypatia Prue?” Sara asked as she dried Jenna off some more.

     “Yes, and she said it’s fine to bring your friends on Saturday. She’s eager to meet the gang that have managed to obtain such important Intel on our men in black.” Prue grinned.

     “That’s great Prue. “ Sara said with a grin. “I can’t wait to see how they react to the guards when we get to Hypatia’s home.” Sara added with a giggle when she thought about the two large stone figures that came to life when they pulled up at the gates to Hypatia’s estate.

     “That funny when you both scream like little girl’s.” Jenna giggled at the memory of Sara, Sheana and Sandy all screaming when the stone figures stepped down off the wall.

     “Oh, so we screamed like this then did we?” Sara asked as she stated to tickle Jenna and made her start to scream for her to stop.

     “Your mum and Sandy are going to put a Disney movie on for Jenna; do you two want to join us?” Prue asked when Jenna finally stopped screaming long enough for Prue to be heard.

     “No thanks Prue. Sheana and I want to sort out the ring for Jo to become Josie ready for this weekend.” Sara said as she finished drying Jenna off as best she could.

     “Here you go sis, let me help you do that.” Sheana said as she clicked her fingers and a gust of wind hit Jenna and finished drying her off.

     “That’s a handy little trick with this little monster around.” Prue giggled as she picked Jenna up and carried her off into the living room to watch the movie.

    Sara and Sheana got finished up in the kitchen before poking their heads in the living room to tell their mum that they were going to be working on charming a ring for Jo to become Josie at the weekend. Sandy started to giggle as Sara told their mum what they were going to be doing.

     “What’s got into you sis?” Sara asked with a frown as she looked at Sandy covering her mouth as she giggled.

     “I’m sorry baby sister, but it sounds so weird that you make doing magic sound so normal.” Sandy said between giggles.

    Sara thought about what she’d just said to her mum and had to agree with Sandy, she had just made using magic sound like an everyday thing. “I did make it sound like a normal everyday thing didn’t I?” Sara giggled.

     “Thank you for letting me know dear, and just remember to be careful.” Mum said from where she was sat on the sofa with Jenna sat on her knee cuddled up to her watching a Tinkerbell movie.

     “We will mum.” Sara smiled as she grabbed Sheana’s hand and dragged her back out the living room and up to their bedroom to get started on the charming spell.

*****

    Sheana sat next to Sara at her computer as she brought up images of girls that she liked bits about. They did this for about an hour before they had an image of what Sara wanted Jo to look like as a girl and then Sheana set to work charming a ring Sara gave her. It was all anti-climactic in the end as Sheana did the charm, other than a pretty blue glow from Sheana’s hands it all looked normal after Sheana was done.

     “So is that it then sis?” Sara asked Sheana as she dropped the ring into Sara’s hand for her to look at.

     “Yes, that’s it. As soon as Jo puts the ring on, he will be turned into Josie.” Sheana said.

     “Will it be painful for him sis?” Sara asked looking worried.

     “No, I added a pain blocking spell to it, so he’ll feel nothing much while he’s changed.” Sheana explained. “I’ve also added a little spell that means you are the only one that can remove the ring once he puts it on.” Sheana said in a matter of fact way.

     “Why would you do something like that sis?” Sara asked with a little shock in her voice.

     “I was thinking of how I felt when I first became a girl, and remembered how freaked I was. I didn’t think you’d want Jo having a panic attack while we’re out shopping and suddenly try to take the ring off in the middle of a busy shop, or store.” Sheana said as she remembered the shock she’d felt after the Genie tricked her old male self into taking her place.

     “Michelle never freaked when she changed.” Sara pointed out.

     “Michelle was like you and felt female all her life, but I never thought about being a girl when I was a boy. I just don’t want Jo pulling the ring off if he suddenly panics.” Sheana pointed out.

     “It could be fun having Josie around until I decide to set Jo free again.” Sara said with a thoughtful grin on her face.

     “He will become Jo again after twelve hours though sis.” Sheana reminded her. “The ring will have to be removed so it can recharge after that.” She added.

     “He will be able to keep using the ring though after this weekend, right?”

     “Yes, the ring will work just like the one Michelle has, but it will turn Jo into Josie, where as Michelle’s turns her into Mike.” Sheana said with a smile as she thought about how she’d not seen Michelle in a couple of days and she was missing spending time with Mike’s female self.

     “You’re missing being able to spend time with Michelle aren’t you sis?” Sara asked as she pulled Sheana into a hug with her as they fell onto the bed.

     “I love spending time with Mike, but I just feel like Michelle is a happier person to be with.” Sheana said with a sigh. “I find it hard to explain sis.” Sheana added looking a little frustrated that she couldn’t find the right words to say how she felt.

     “I know what you’re trying to say sis.” Sara smiled as she hugged Sheana a little tighter. “Michelle is the true way Mike feels. Mike is an act for Michelle to do in the world, but Michelle is just a care free fun loving girl that just so happens is madly in love with my sister.” Sara added with a giggle.

    Sheana started blushing when Sara said that, but she was soon giggling and rolling around on the bed when Sara started kissing her on the forehead and cheeks. “You can talk, what about you and your boyfriend Jo?” Sheana teased Sara in return as she put her hands to her chest and started fluttering her eyelashes at her.

     “I know, but I can’t explain it Sheana.” Sara blushed this time. “I never thought about boys when I was Simon, but now I think Jo is just so perfect for me and I love everything about him.” Sara swooned.

     “Well you did wish to be a girl, so that is what I made you.” Sheana said as she sat up on the bed again and then helped Sara to sit up next to her. “Most girls like boys, so now so do you.” Sheana shrugged.

     “I’m hoping to still have a thing for girls as well.” Sara said with a grin as she held up the ring they just charmed in her left hand.

     “I think its fun having a boy and girl friend to spend time with.” Sheana giggled as she thought about Mike/Michelle.

     “Speaking of the boys, do you want to try this mind link gift of mine and see if it works over a distance?” Sara asked.

    Sheana was soon nodding her head up and down with a silly grin on her face as she thought about getting to talk with Michelle for a bit. Sheana had noticed that the voice in the linked talk as they walked home from school was Michelle, even though it was mike walking next to Sheana.

     “Did you notice the voice Mike used in your mind link chat was Michelle’s, while we walked home from school sis?” Sheana asked as the two of them got comfy on the bed ready to try and link up with Jo and Michelle.

     “Yes I did. I think Michelle as always been the true way Mike felt, and that shows in his mind when he, or she speaks that way.” Sara smiled.

    Sara relaxed on the bed with Sheana lying next to her. Sara reached out with her thoughts as she tried to connect with Jo and Michelle. It was harder to do than it was when they were walking home from school, but she was soon sensing them both on the edge of her thoughts, so she pushed a little harder and suddenly it was like they were all in the room with her.

     “Get out my room you little twerp!” Jo was telling someone. Sara thought it must have been his little sister.

    Michelle was dancing around her room singing along to a song she had playing on her stereo. Sara and Sheana started giggling just before they joined in singing along with Michelle in her own head. “Sheana, Sara? Where are you?” Michelle thought to them both.

    “Hi baby.” Sheana thought with a smile. “We’re in our bedroom at home.” Sheana added with excitement.

    “It worked then? Sara really can link us all up without us needing to be close to her.” Michelle thought with shock and amazement in her voice. “Is Jo in here with us as well?” Michelle asked.

    “Sara’s linked with him, but he’s trying to get his little sister out his room at the minute, so she’s not fully linked and spoken to him yet.” Sheana giggled. “She doesn’t want to freak him out until he’s alone.” Sheana added with another giggle.

    “She’s a spoilt little brat that’s always getting Jo in trouble for stuff she’s done.” Michelle told them. Sheana and Sara could almost picture Michelle rolling her eyes as she thought it to them.

    “You should really be nicer to your little sister Jo baby.” Sara thought to Jo as she sensed he’d finally got his little sister out his room and shut the door again.

    “Sara? You got it to work?” Jo’s voice said with a little worry in it.

    “What do you think?” Sara giggled.

    “Are Sheana and Michelle here as well?” Jo thought.

    “Yes we are, so keep all your thoughts strictly PG13 or under.” Michelle warned with a giggle.

    “Hey guys, I mean girls. Sorry, you know what I’m getting at right?” Jo thought in a fluster.

    “Don’t worry about it Jo, we know what you mean.” Michelle said with a smile in her voice. “The brat giving you trouble again?” Michelle asked with almost a frown in her voice.

    “Does she ever do anything else?” Jo asked with a sigh. “I’ll have dad banging on the door any minute to have a go because I’ve done something to her.” Jo added with a little anger in his voice.

    “I can’t understand why they believe everything she says to them.” Michelle thought with anger in her voice now as well.

    “Be quiet for a couple of minutes while I try something for you Jo.” Sara said with a grin in her voice. She reached out from Jo’s mind and searched for the mind of his little sister and soon found it.

    “I’ll teach him not to throw me out of his room.” The little girl thought as she made her way to where their parents were sat in the living room watching the TV. “I’ll scratch my face and rip my dress like this.” She thought as she ran her fingernails down the side of her face and then pulled at her dress until it ripped. “This will get him in trouble big time.” The little girl thought with an evil little giggle.

    “That little bitch!” Jo thought with anger.

    “Be quiet Jo and I can sort this out.” Sara said as she tried to focus on making Jo’s sister tell the truth when she got to the living room.

    Sheana, Jo and Michelle all waited off to one side in Sara’s mind while she focused on what Jo’s sister was thinking as she walked into the living room where she and Jo’s parents were sat watching TV.

     “What happened sweetie?” Jo’s mum asked his sister as she walked into the living room looking very upset with fake tears running down her cheeks.

    Jo’s little sister went to say that Jo had scratched her and then ripped her dress as he threw her out his room, but what she actually said was this. “I was trying to tease Jo, but he pushed me out his room and closed the door on me, so I scratched my face and then ripped my dress so I could get him in trouble with you and Daddy like I always do when I don’t get my own way.” The little girl whined to her parents. It took her a couple of seconds to realise what she’d just said.

     “You just did this to yourself?” both her mum and dad shouted at her together, not happy to find out that she’d been doing things just to get her brother in trouble.

    Sara backed out of the little girls mind at that point, they all knew she was in big trouble for what she’d done and just owned up to. It was soon just the four of them again.

    “What did you just do Sara?” Jo asked in amazement.

    “I just compelled your sister to tell the truth to your parents.” Sara said with pride. “Prue helped me work out what I did to Susan at school today. It turns out I just forced her to tell the truth, I didn’t force her to say things I was thinking after all.”

    “You can make people tell the truth now as well as all the other stuff you can do?” Jo asked with worry in his voice.

    “Yes, but only if I compel them too.” Sara thought to him. “It’s not like every time I talk to someone now they have to tell me the truth.” Sara pointed out. “You don’t lie to me do you Jo?” Sara asked with a playful pout in her voice.

    “No! Well maybe little things, but nothing big since the thing over me wanting to go shopping with you all as a girl that is.” Jo thought to Sara still sounding a little nervous. “Have you and Sheana had time to do anything about that yet?” Jo asked wanting to move the topic away from him possibly lying to Sara about things.

    “Sheana and I got the ring charmed tonight just before we linked with you both.” Sara said. “You can come round after school tomorrow and try it out if you want?” Sara asked with some hope in her voice that Jo would say yes.

    “Are you sure you’ll still like me when I’m a girl Sara?” Jo asked sounding worried. “I don’t want to weird you out and have you finish with me over it.” Jo explained his nervousness.

    “Jo I think I love you even more because of this, so please don’t worry for a second longer about me finishing with you over it.” Sara reassured him. “It will be a fun experience for you to see what us girls go through, just to look beautiful for our men.” Sara giggled.

    “Okay then, I’ll let you try out the ring tomorrow night after school.” Jo said with a sigh, having finally made his mind up to let Sara and Sheana do their worst with him.

    “Can I come and see Josie make her grand entrance into the world?” Michelle asked with a pout to her thoughts.

    “Yes!” Sheana thought very loudly towards Michelle. “I want to spend some time with my girlfriend.” She added with a grin to her thoughts this time.

    “Why don’t you both come for dinner after school?” Sara asked. “That way Josie can join us for dinner and then we can have a fashion show later in the evening.” Sara added with an excited edge to her voice at the thought of spending time with Jo’s female self.

    “That sounds like a great idea Sara!” Michelle said sounding excited about it all.

    “Okay, I guess I could give it a go.” Jo said, not quite as excited about it all as Michelle was.

    “Don’t worry Jo; Josie will have a great time.” Sara giggled. “Oh! Prue called Hypatia and asked if the two of you could come on Saturday. Hypatia jumped at the chance when she found out we have a feed into the men in blacks computer system.” Sara thought to Jo and Michelle.

    “So we get to meet a master vampire then on Saturday?” Jo asked with a little more excitement in his voice now.

    Sara thought about filling them both in on what Prue had told her about Hypatia, but then she thought better of it for the same reason Prue had kept the truth about Hypatia from her until after the first meeting. Sara wanted Josie and Michelle to meet Hypatia the woman before they found out she was one of the oldest living and most powerful demons alive.

    “Have you been keeping an eye on the men in black tonight Michelle, or have you been too busy with your hairbrush hits sing along?” Sara asked with a giggle.

    “Hey! Don’t knock my singing. I think I sound pretty good.” Michelle said with pride. “But no I haven’t tonight, sorry about that. My parents finally left on another installation job today, so I have the house to myself and I’ve been making the most of not having to be Mike all the time.” Michelle explained her reason for being a little lapse on the watching of the men in black, but then they hadn’t been doing much of interest in the last couple of days.

    “You don’t need to give me a reason for not looking in on then Michelle. I was just asking if you had.” Sara said in a reassuring voice. “I was just wondering if there was any news about what they were doing at the school, and if we should be worried or not?” Sara asked.

    “I’m just logging in to their system now, so I’ll let you know.” Michelle thought as she started tapping away on her computer, after routing it through a heap of other routers around the globe using a piece of software her dad had written.

    “You are sure they can’t trace you Michelle?” Sara asked with worry in her voice that Michelle could get in a lot of trouble if they found her hacked into their system.

    “Yes I’m very sure Sara. All I’m doing is copying all the data as it gets fed to and from the vans they have driving around the town. As long as I don’t try and log in and alter info on their system they will never know I’m watching them.” Michelle explained. “If they were looking closely they would notice that info from one of their vans is taking longer to transmit, but they would have to be really looking for it.” Michelle thought back to the group.

    “I’ll trust you on all this stuff Michelle.” Sara thought to her as she waited to see if there was anything for them to worry about.

    “Wow! Looks like our men in black have bigger things to worry about at the minute than looking for you or Sheana.” Michelle suddenly said as she saw a live feed image coming through the system from a helmet cam on one of the guys helmets out in the field doing battle with a group of very nasty looking demons.

    Sara had realised while setting Jo’s sister up that she could also see what a person was seeing if she focused on them, so she was able to focus on Michelle and see what she was now seeing on her computer. Sara not having any idea who or what these demons were reached out and pulled Prue into the link and then showed her what they were all seeing on the feed that Michelle had hacked into on her computer.

    “Sara? What’s happening?” Prue asked in a little confusion at suddenly seeing a demon on a computer screen, and not the Tinkerbell movie she’d been watching with Jenna, Sandy and Karen.

    “Michelle just hacked the men in black and found out they're in trouble. Do you know what these demons are?” Sara asked as she showed Prue more images of the demons attacking the men.

    “The fools have gone and upset a krennan clan. They’re kind of the Klingons of the demon world. They keep to themselves and don’t normally bother with humans, or other demons for that matter, unless their provoked, then they will fight to the death, normally the death of the fool who upset them.” Prue explained.

    Sara couldn’t judge the size of the demons from the footage she was seeing because the soldiers feed was looking up from the ground where a nasty looking one was looking down at him with anger written all of its face. Sara thought they looked like a Minotaur, but with red skin and no fur or hide like a bull would have. They did have heads like a bull though still.

    “How do we stop them from killing the solders?” Sara asked as she slid off the bed and started to get dressed ready to leave.

    “It’s simple.” Prue said with a sarcastic edge to her voice. “You don’t stop them. The only way to stop them is to choose a champion to fight one of their kind, and no one but Hypatia has ever won a fight against one in open unarmed combat.” Prue explained to Sara.

    “Can’t you call Hypatia then and get her to stop them?” Sara asked with some anger towards Prue over her lack of interest in stopping four solders getting killed.

    “Hypatia can’t be seen siding with humans, especially them solders, against her own kind.” Prue told her.

    “I’ll go and fight for them then.” Sara thought in an angry tone towards Prue.

     “You’re going to do what?!” Prue screamed out as she suddenly jumped up of the sofa, making Jenna, Karen and Sandy all jump and look at her in a puzzled way. “Your daughter has finally lost her mind!” Prue said just before running from the room to go and stop Sara.

    Karen, Sandy and Jenna all looked at each other for a split second before they were up and out the living room after her.

    Sara was still trying to find something suitable to wear when Prue burst into the room looking upset with Sara for what she was about to do. “Sara? What the hell’s gotten in to you? Why risk your life for the men that are trying to hunt you and Sheana down?” Prue asked as she tried to get in Sara’s way and stop her looking for clothes suitable to die in.

     “I’m not, I’m thinking of the big picture Prue.” Sara snapped at her. “If we let these Krennan kill those solders, then more solders will come and they won’t care what demon they hunt, just as long as they get to hunt.” Sara explained her reason for stopping the Krennan clan killing the solders.

    Prue wanted to argue that Sara had lost her mind, but the more she thought about it, the more she could see that Sara was right, but she still wasn’t happy about Sara being seen by the men in black and caught on film at the same time.

     “If you’re going to do this Sara, then we need to make you look different somehow.” Prue said with a sigh as she finally accepted what Sara had to go out and do, but still not sure Sara would be able to beat a Krennan in a fight at her level of training.

     “What do you have in mind Prue? Sheana’s magic won’t work on me.” Sara pointed out.

     “I’ve got some things that should do the trick. I use them when I go on a blood run so I don’t get caught on camera.” Prue said as she shot out the room and down stairs to where she kept her bag with all her things in.

    Karen, Sandy and Jenna had to step out the way so Prue didn’t knock them flying as she ran past them like a thing possessed. “What’s going on?!” Karen asked to the back of Prue’s head as she ran off down the hallway. Not getting an answer from Prue; Karen decided to go straight to the source of the problem.

    Sara knew she was going to have problems the minute she saw the look on her mums face as she entered the bedroom. “I know what you’re going to say mum, but I have to do something about all this and stop a war starting.” Sara said before her mum got to say a single word.

     “I want to know what’s going on young lady! I’m still your mother and I demand to know right now!” Karen snapped, in her best mother knows best voice.

    Sara explained what she’d seen, and what will happen if she lets the demons kill the solders. Karen wasn’t happy about Sara’s plan, but could see that letting the solders die would only make things worse for her, Sheana, Prue and Jenna.

     “But they will know what you look like Sara.” Sandy pointed out a flaw in her baby sister’s plan. “You’ve already said the solders have video cameras, and I bet they will have audio, so they will get your voice on tape as well.” Sandy added with worry in her voice.

     “I can help with the look.” Prue said from the doorway as she entered the room with her large duffle bag in hand. “But I can’t help with the voice I’m afraid.” She added as she entered the room and put her bag down on the bed just before she started pulling things out of it for Sara to put on.

    “I can help with the voice masking Sara.” Michelle’s voice said in her head. “I have a device I made when I had to call school and pretend to be my father.” She added.

    “Michelle? You’re still linked to me?” Sara thought to Michelle with some shock in her voice. “I thought the link would be broken when I lost my focus.” She added with a little giggle.

    “I’m still here as well, and for the record I think you’re four different flavours of crazy doing this.” Jo said in an angry voice.

    “I hope one of the flavours is chocolate.” Sara said with a giggle as she tried to lighten the mood a little. It didn’t work.

    “Don’t joke with me about this Sara! You could get hurt, or even killed.” Jo thought with anger.

    “Not going to happen baby. I still plan to see what you look like as a girl, and I have a sexy little dress I want to see you in as well.” Sara purred.

    “If you make it out of this alive Sara, I’ll wear anything you ask me too.” Jo promised.

    “Now that’s worth living for.” Sara giggled. She’d been looking at the items Prue had given her to wear while she was having the private chat with first Michelle and then Jo.

    Prue had given her a pair of leather trousers and a black shirt as well as a biker style leather jacket. All of it was very different to anything Sara had ever worn or owned. Prue had also pulled out a balaclava that would cover everything except her eyes.

     “This will stop them getting an idea, but I don’t have any idea about your voice.” Prue said.

     “Michelle has something to sort that out. We’ll grab it on the way to where the solders are.” Sara said all business like. “Sheana, can you make two copies of all this clothing for you and Prue to wear?” Sara asked.

     “Sure thing sis.” Sheana said as she held her hands over the clothing as a blue light shone from them. All of a sudden there was three of everything. Sheana hadn’t said anything about what Sara was about to do because she knew that it was the only way to stop a war between mankind and the supernatural world that lived in the shadows for the most part.

    Sara, Sheana and Prue were soon dressed from head to toe in black, and all looked like triplets apart from when one of them spoke.

     “Sheana, I need you to take us to Michelle’s and then on to the place where the solders are pinned down.” Sara said as she held out her hand for Sheana to take hold of.

     “You do know that I’m grounding you for the rest of your life when you get back.” Karen said with a nervous giggle as she tried to hide the worry in her voice.

     “Okay mum.” Sara giggled as she stepped forward and gave her mum a hug. “I’ll see you later.” Sara was more telling her mum than just saying it.

    Sheana and Prue also got hugs from first Karen and then Sandy and Jenna. Jenna tried to argue that she should go with them, but that was ended when Prue and Sara both said no at the same time with such a final note to it that not even Jenna was going to argue with them.

    Sheana stood between Sara and Prue; she took both their hands and then focused on moving them to Michelle’s. It seemed like just a blink, but they were now all stood in Michelle’s bedroom on her bed.

     “I hope your shoes are clean? Those sheets were clean on this morning.” Michelle joked as she looked up at the three of them stood on her bed looking a little puzzled at each other.

     “I’m sorry, but I’ve never been in her room before, so I didn’t know what the layout was.” Sheana shrugged.

     “Couldn’t we have ended up in a wall or something then?” Sara asked with worry in her eyes.

     “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” Sheana said in a deep husky voice as she tried to sound like Darth Vader, just before she started giggling.

     “I knew it was a mistake to let you sit and watch all the Star Wars movies.” Sara said with her hands on her hips trying to act all angry, but grinning under her balaclava at the fact Sheana was starting to make jokes.

     “You can’t blink into an object Sara; you’d just bounce off it and have a very bumpy trip.” Sheana told her. “That’s why I aimed for the bed in the first place as it’s a much softer thing to bounce off.” Sheana added with a grin looking smug with herself. She thought it was a pity the balaclava hid her face.

     “We can talk more about all this stuff later, but right now we better see about stopping an angry clan of Krennan killing those solders.” Sara frowned as she jumped down off the bed and then helped Sheana get down. Prue had jumped down when Sara did, and then helped Sara get Sheana down off the bed.

     “So what you got for us Q?” Sara asked as she looked at Michelle stood in front of them wearing pink silk PJ’s and a pair of big white fluffy bunny slippers.

     “Loving the look Michelle.” Prue giggled as she took in the sight before her.

     “I was ready for bed when all this started.” Michelle said with a grin as she looked down at her feet in the big fluffy slippers that were partly hidden by her breasts making the front of her PJ’s stick out.

     “We need to plan a slumber party now that Josie will be joining us as a part time member of the group.” Sara suddenly said.

     “Focus on the mission at hand Sara.” Prue said as she slapped her across the back of the head to bring her back down to earth.

     “Sorry.” Sara said as she rubbed the back of her head where Prue just slapped her.

    Michelle walked over to the desk and then picked up what looked like a choker before walking back over to where Sara was still stood with Prue and Sheana. “Place this around your neck and make sure this piece is over here.” Michelle said as she helped Sara fasten the choker.

     “It’s a little tight Michelle.” Sara said, but it didn’t sound like her anymore. She sounded like a man with a deep voice. She thought it reminded her of the voice the killer used in the Scream movies. “Do you like scary movies?” Sara said with a giggle.

    Prue and Michelle both giggled, but Sheana just looked puzzled as she didn’t get the joke having never seen any of the scream movies. “I’m not sure I’ve seen any scary movies yet sister, but I will let you know when I have.” Sheana said.

     “Sorry sis, but I was just quoting a line used in a horror movie where the killer has a voice just like this one.” Sara said using the same creepy sounding voice. “Does your dad really sound like this Michelle?” Sara asked as she pointed at the choker just before she pulled the balaclava back down over it.

     “No, but it still sounded much better than my normal male voice, which doesn’t sound to different to my female voice.” Michelle pointed out with a giggle.

     “I’m sorry to love you and leave you Michelle, but we better go and get this show on the road before we end up with four dead soldiers and a war on our hands.” Sara said as she looked at the other two.

     “Do you know where you’re going?” Michelle asked Sheana as she watched her reach out to take hold of Sara and Prue’s hands ready to blink them to the location of the battle.

     “Yes, I cast a location spell to pinpoint where they were.” Sheana said as she took hold of the other two’s hands in hers. “I love you Michelle.” Sheana added just before her, Sara and Prue vanished.

     “I love you to Sheana!” Michelle shouted back, but they had already gone. Michelle was worried about Sara fighting one of them demons she’d just seen on her computer screen, but at the same time she had a feeling that Sara would come out on top.

*****

    Sara, Sheana and Prue appeared in a clearing but they could hear men shouting and what sounded like inhuman growls coming from the woods off to their left.

     “How did Hypatia win the fight last time she fought one of these?” Sara asked Prue as they made their way towards all the noise.

     “I couldn’t tell you Sara, I wasn’t there when it happened.” Prue shrugged. “It was a couple of hundred years before I was born. You need to ask Hypatia about it.” Prue added as an afterthought.

     “Do you think I’d be able to link with her like I did with you and the others?” Sara asked.

     “You can try, but she’s been at this mind thing a little longer than you, so she might block you with a wall.” Prue warned.

     “Let’s get a look at what we’re dealing with, and then I’ll try and contact Hypatia.” Sara said as she led the other two over to a mound of rocks that would hide them while they looked to see what kind of trouble the soldiers had got themselves in.

    The four soldiers were pinned down behind the remains of their vehicle which looked like it had been ripped in two by one of the demons. None of the demons looked in any rush to kill any of the soldiers, so Sara took that as a good sign.

     “Are you sure you want to do this Sara?” Prue asked looking at what they had done to the vehicle. “I know you’re strong, but I think you need more training before you go down there and take one of them on.” Prue added looking worried.

     “Doesn’t look like I have a choice Prue. Keep an eye on them while I try to contact Hypatia and ask for some advice.

     “Run away and let them deal with it would be my advice.” Prue said with a snarl. “They picked this fight; let them deal with the aftermath.” She added with a grin as she looked over the rock mound at the four men acting like scared little children.

    Sara just gave Prue a look that said she didn’t really mean that, but Prue didn’t look like she’d lose any sleep if they all got killed. Sara closed her eyes and reached out trying to contact Hypatia, but all she found was a large stone wall blocking her thoughts, so she started searching for a door she could open. She did finally find a large set of heavy wooden doors but they wouldn’t open, so she tried banging on them, but nothing happened, so Sara stepped back and then kicked the door with as much mental force as she could put behind it. The door creaked and cracked a little, but it held fast.

*****

    Hypatia had Samantha tied to the bed using red silk ribbons as she teased and tormented her with a feather, but she had to stop when she felt someone trying to enter her mind. This didn’t go unnoticed on Samantha as she saw her mistress stop and look off into space for a couple of seconds.

     “What troubles you mistress?”

     “I sense a powerful source trying to enter my mind. What fool dare interrupt my time with you my pet.” Hypatia said, not worried about the fool wasting their time on such a thing. “Let them wear themselves out.” She said just before she went back to her torture with the feather.

    Samantha watched as her mistress ran the feather up her bare belly and then ran it around the tip of Samantha’s left nipple. Samantha soon looked worried though as her mistress dropped the feather and gripped her own head with both hands in some pain.

     “What’s wrong Mistress?” Samantha asked looking worried as she pulled on the red ribbons holding her to the bed and watching them snap as she sat up and held a shocked Hypatia in her arms while she recovered from the psychic blow to her wall that kept everyone out.

    Hypatia soon recovered and focused on trapping the person fool enough to attack her. “I’ll crush who ever attacked me like a bug.” She growled as she focused on bending the wall around the mind that just attacked hers.

    Sara had no idea how to let Hypatia know she needed to talk with her and fast, but she soon had bigger worries when the wall that stretched on forever suddenly started shaking and moving to surround her. Sara was now being trapped in by the wall instead of being kept out.

    “Who dare try to attack me in my own mind?” A demon like voice boomed in Sara’s ears. “I will crush you like the bug you are!” The voice added as the walls started to close in on her.

    “Hypatia it’s me! It’s Sara Read!” She screamed as fear took her over at the sheer power the woman had over her gift.

    Just as Sara thought the wall was going to crush her, she was suddenly sat in the garden where they had eaten lunch last Saturday. Hypatia was sat facing her at the table. “Hello dear. You really need to work on your knock.” Hypatia giggled. “I could have killed you just now. I also see that you’ve discovered a new gift.” She added.

    “I’m sorry for the way I got your attention Hypatia, but I need some advice about a Krennan demon, and how to defeat one.” Sara said. “Six of them have four of the men in black soldiers pinned down and they look ready to kill them. Prue told me you couldn’t step in and stop them, but I can, but I need your help to do it.” Sara explained.

    “Prue is right my sweet Sara. If I stepped in and stopped them from seeking revenge for whatever the soldiers did to them, it would be seen as an insult to the Krennan and all other demons, but I can see why it would be fine for you to act as their champion.” Hypatia smiled.

    “Do I stand a chance of defeating one in combat?” Sara asked as she thought about what she’d seen them do to the soldiers vehicle.

    “They will be no match for you my dear. They are very strong, but slow to move. Go for the arms and legs with quick hard blows and the Krennan will fall in battle. Show them mercy and they will respect you for it.” Hypatia said with a sly smile like she knew of something she wasn’t going to share with Sara just yet.

    “Thank you for the help Hypatia. I’m sorry if I disturbed you.” Sara said as she got up from the table to leave.

    “I’m sure Samantha will have a go at you for it on Saturday, but she will just be playing with you, so please don’t hurt her for it.” Hypatia giggled at the thought of this child hurting anyone unless they threatened her family first.

    “Please tell Samantha I am truly sorry Hypatia, but I am trying to stop a war starting.” Sara said.

    “I understand fully Sara, and I am grateful that you seek my help in such a matter. I will return with you to the site of the battle and offer my advice should you need it.” Hypatia said as she rose with Sara and walked with her.

    “I didn’t think you wanted to be seen siding against your own kind Hypatia?” Sara asked looking puzzled.

    “I won’t be there in body my dear, but I will be there in the back to your mind to help you win your first victory.” Hypatia grinned as she took Sara’s hand and whisked her back to her body. Sara opened her eyes to find herself back with Sheana and Prue.

     “Did she answer you sis?” Sheana asked just before sneaking a look over the rocks they were hiding behind.

    “Tell your sister I am here with you.” Hypatia’s voice said in Sara’s mind. Sara found it a little weird; she could see why it freaked Jo and Mike out when she did it to them now.

     “Yes she answered and is here with us now.” Sara said as she tapped a finger to the side of her head.

    “I need you to stand up proud and walk out into the field of battle like you fear nothing and repeat what I tell you to say.” Hypatia’s voice said in Sara’s head again.

    “Shall I take Sheana and Prue with me?” Sara thought to Hypatia.

    “Yes! This will show the Krennan and those fools from the army that you mean business, not that they won’t see that when you’ve finished defeating the Krennan before their eyes.” Hypatia told Sara. “Tell Prue to watch your back while you talk with the Krennan champion while Sheana stops the little men playing soldier from running away or causing even more trouble for you.” Hypatia added with some anger in her voice.

     “Prue? Hypatia wants you to watch my back while I fight, and she wants you to keep the soldiers from running away or causing more trouble.” Sara said as she first looked at Prue and then turned to look at Sheana on her other side.

    Both girls nodded as they fell in behind Sara as she walked out from behind the rocks looking very dominant in her role as leader of her little group of three.

     “I come in search of your champion, Krennan clan!” Sara shouted out what Hypatia told her to say. “Send him out to face me on the field of battle!” Sara added.

     “Who calls forth the Krennan champion?” Came a deep booming voice.

     “You may call me Slayer, and I stand as champion for the humans you attack!”

     “You? A little girl stands as champion for these mere human scum that attacked us first?” The same booming voice asked.

     “Are you too scared of being beaten by a little girl to step out and face me in battle then? If so, then I order you to leave this battlefield in shame and not bother this place anymore!” Sara said with anger in her voice, just like Hypatia told her to do.

     “We Krennan fear nothing, and we not walk away from the honour of battle.” Said the voice as the Krennan champion stepped forward to face Sara. “You talk with honour girl; let us hope you fight with the same honour.” The Krennan said as he bowed his head at Sara.

    “Bow back at him as a sign of respect Sara.” Hypatia said in her head. Sara did as she said but kept eye contact with the large beast stood looking down at her. Sara stood at five feet five inches and the Krennan must be nearly seven feet tall and all muscle. He had a large set of horns that looked like they could do a lot of damage if he ran at her.

    All the other Krennan stepped back and formed a line on the opposite side to where the four soldiers were still hiding in the wreckage of their vehicle. Sheana saw a couple of the soldiers try to take advantage of the Krennan pulling back and make a run for it, but soon stopped dead in their tracks as Sheana raised her hand and let a blue glow escape from her hand that froze them where they now stood.

     “Don’t leave now boys, you’ll miss the slayer saving your miserable lives.” Prue said as she walked over and pushed the two soldiers back down on the floor with the other two. She wasn’t bothered if they worked out who she was, but she wasn’t going to risk them working out whom Sheana was.

     “Try to move again and I kill you myself.” Sara said in her creepy new voice as she looked at the men sat on the floor with Sheana and Prue stood over them. Sheana still had the blue glow, so Sara thought they couldn’t move if they wanted to.

     “If you ready Slayer, we fight now!” The Krennan said as he stepped forward. “I let you start.” He added as he held his chin out for Sara to take a swing at him like it would be the only one she’d get.

    Sara heard Hypatia giggle in her head just before she spoke to her. “He’ll live to regret that move. Hit him with everything you’ve got Sara, hold nothing back.”

    “Won’t that hurt him?” Sara asked Hypatia.

    “Yes, but we are here to make a point, and he’ll recover in time.” Hypatia pointed out. “Now hit him my child, and show him you mean business!” Hypatia ordered.

    Sara did as she was told. She bent her knees and then pushed herself into the air and shot her fist out to make contact with the Krennan and lift him off his hoofed feet before sending him back into his own clan with a thundering crack. Sara landed back on her feet and looked over at the Krennan all in a pile on the floor laughing and cheering as they got up and helped their champion to his feet.

     “I see your actions speak as loud as your words Slayer! I apologise for the insult of thinking you nothing but a child.” The Krennan clan leader said as he stepped back into the field of battle looking more serious this time as he held a hand up to his jaw where Sara had just punched him.

    Sara was soon dodging out the way as he ran at her with his head down, she thought he was hoping to impale her with one of his horns, but Sara was way too fast to get caught by one of them. Sara leapt to the side and spun around fast enough to kick out his leg with the cracking sound of bone.

    The Krennan limped to a halt as he let of a pained growl. He turned to face Sara again and got ready to charge her yet again, but this time Sara stood her ground and stopped the Krennan dead in his tracks to the shocked looks of both the soldiers and the other Krennan clan members. Not done with the shock factor yet, Sara lifted the seven foot Krennan up over her head and then slammed him down on his back with as much force as she could given the size difference between the two of them.

    “Where did you learn such a strange move Sara?” Hypatia asked in her mind.

    “The WWF, or was it the WWE? I can’t remember now.” Sara thought with a shrug as she turned to face the Krennan as he got up off the ground with a growl of anger.

    “You mean that silly American wrestling?” Hypatia asked with some shock in her voice.

    “Do you mind if we talk about this later? I’m kind of a little busy right now.” Sara pointed out as she saw the angry look the Krennan was now giving her.

    “I’m sorry dear, please carry on.” Hypatia said like a loving mother telling a child to keep playing a tune on a piano, not fight to the death with the way the Krennan was now looking at Sara.

    The Krennan charged at Sara again, but he looked ready for her to either jump out the way or try to stop him again, but he didn’t expect her to drop to the ground and then kick out at his good leg breaking more bones in that leg this time. The Krennan let his body fall on Sara in some hope of crushing her, but she just pushed him up and off her like he weighed nothing at all.

    Sara let the Krennan land on the floor and then went to stand up, but the Krennan reached out and grabbed Sara around the neck to try and choke the life out of her. Sara just reacted to his action and was soon grabbing his wrist and then she spun herself around and leapt up over his arm and kicked him in the head as she twisted her body in such a way that she bent his arm around until it snapped and hung limp bent the wrong way.

    The Krennan was finished and Sara could see that as he knelt on his knees gasping for breath with his one good arm stopping him from falling to the ground. “I kneel defeated at your feet Slayer. Finish me and claim you victory over my clan.” The Krennan said with his head bowed. “I’m proud to give my life to such a worthy warrior.” He added with pride.

     “I didn’t come here seeking death Krennan. I came seeking a peace and friendship.” Sara said as she helped the Krennan to his feet so his clan members could help him.

    “Whatever happens next Sara just let it happen and then thank them for it. To do anything else would be a great disrespect to the whole clan.” Hypatia warned her.

     “By our honour and clan law, the clan is now yours to command Slayer.” The lead Krennan said as two of his clan members held him up so he could speak to Sara. “We wait to serve you.” He added with a bow.

     “I ask that you serve as leader for me Krennan, but if the clan is ever threatened again, then call and I will fight at your side.” Sara said with pride.

     “No!” The Krennan she’d just fought with said in a firm booming voice. “The clan will fight at your side Slayer.” All the clan members started cheering at the thought of fighting alongside such a warrior as Sara.

     “Please go and get well my friend, for when the next battle comes, I want you stood at my side ready to fight.” Sara said as she held out her hand to shake the lead Krennan’s.

    He reached out and took her tiny hand in his and shook it, and then he pulled an amulet from around his neck and handed it to Sara. “If ever you meet another Krennan clan, show them this and they will also offer you their lives as though you were a member, just like you are now a member of our Clan Slayer.” He bowed again just before his fellow clan members helped to carry him away.

    “You knew that would happen if I fought them and won didn’t you?” Sara thought to Hypatia as she looked at the amulet in her hand.

    “Yes I did Sara, and it will be handy for you to have the Krennan clan on your side if you ever find yourself in a battle.” Hypatia thought back with pride. “You handled yourself well in that fight my dear Sara.” She added with a bow of her own.

    “Thanks Hypatia, first for believing in me and second for helping me tonight.” Sara thought feeling tired now her adrenalin was running low.

    “My pleasure dear. You better go and deal with the little toy soldiers before you collapse in a heap.” Hypatia added just before she was gone from Sara’s mind.

    Prue and Sheana were still stood over the soldiers with Sheana keeping them from moving. “What do you want to do with these four?” Prue asked as she kicked one of them in the side.

     “You can let them loose now.” Sara said as she looked up at Sheana, but never used a name. Sheana released her magic hold on the men and they all collapsed to the ground in a heap.

     “You morons have no idea what you’re dealing with, but you still think that a gun and a helmet will get the result you want, but you would be very wrong.” Sara said in her creepy voice as she looked each scared man in the eyes. She knew that all of them had just watched her take down a seven foot demon without even breaking a nail.

     “Who the hell are you?” The soldier that looked to be in charge asked.

     “I’m the bad ass bitch that just saved your life to stop the whole supernatural world going to war on mankind.” Sara said as she flicked the leader of the little group in the head. “Don’t keep poking the mean doggy with the sharp stick, because it will bite you in the end, just like it did tonight. Now start walking back to where ever you hang out when you’re not screaming like little girls and begging for the bad little demons not to kill you.” Sara added in a little baby voice just before she stood up and held out her hand for Sheana to take her and Prue home again.

    Just before Prue took one of Sheana’s hands she walked over to one of the men and then punched him so hard he passed out. Sara smiled as she remembered the man being the one that shot Jenna with the dart in Prue’s nightmare from the other day. He didn’t look as smug tonight though and now he just looked a mess from the fight with the Krennan, and the punch Prue just hit him with.

    Sheana blinked them all home and then Sara linked with Jo and Michelle quickly to let them now they were safe before they got undressed and took a shower each before sitting down in the kitchen with a mug of drinking chocolate while they filled Karen, Sandy and Jenna in on what happened and how Sara was now leader of the Krennan clan, but she was letting the Krennan she just beat look after it in her absence.

    Jenna was cuddled up on Prue’s knee, glad to have her big sister back safe and sound. Prue told her that she’d punched the nasty soldier that shot her with the sleepy dart, this made Jenna grin.

    Sara asked if it was okay for Jo and Michelle to come over for dinner tomorrow night and she said yes, then Sara went to bed feeling dead on her feet. Sara was looking forward to seeing what Jo looked like as Josie tomorrow night, and also having a much easier night than she had tonight.

 

To Be Continued Next Tuesday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
153 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sorry for the long delay on adding a new chapter.

I'm sorry that it's been such a long time sinse I added to this story, but I hope you all still find it worth reading.
Please remember to leave me a comment, or just a Kudos if you are to shy to let me know you enjoyed the new chapter :)

Happy reading, and thank you in advance for kudos and comments.

Hugs and Love

SaraUK

I'm really enjoying it so

I'm really enjoying it so far and can't wait for more, if you had allready finnished it I probably would have read it all in one night XD.

I Look Forward To This Story

jengrl's picture

PICT0013_1_0.jpg and enjoy Sara and the gang as she goes to battle with the forces like the Krennan. I loved to see Prue get revenge on the soldier who drugged little Jenna. I also look forward to Josie's debut next week as well.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

thankyou

SAra thankyou for another wonderful chapter in this story i can't wait till the next chapter appears ,

WWF?!!

*Groan*

Those guys have always had the cheesiest moves. I watch them in the states when they were just starting out in the 60s and VERY low budget. They were not even the WWF I believe initially, the program was just called Lucha Libre.

So Sara has another power. A useful one and am glad to see not like a Professor X level talent. But she really does need to work on her door etiquette. 'a rapping, a tap tap tapping, a nonchalant slapping upon my chamber door?'

Interesting, so in this reality, the army is aware of demons to this level and the MIB are real.

This is a fun series.

Kim

Good chapter, nice to see

Good chapter, nice to see this story continuing, looking forward to Jo's change to Josie hehe, I hope they find a way for Mike to stay as Michelle.

Also looking forward to seeing Hypatia involved more.

Thanks for sharing, big hugs

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Good One...

It reshuffles the alliance thing a bit, though from the description it'd seem the Krennans were neutrals in the demon/human conflict, taking down anyone on either side who went so far as to provoke them while ignoring them otherwise. Still, it makes it clearer that humans and monsters, so to speak, can fight on the same side.

The major question, I suppose, is what the MIB do now. Seems as though they didn't recognize Prue. But assuming the whole thing was being transmitted back to their main station -- that being how Michelle found it in the first place -- it seems possible that they might identify Prue while studying the tapes afterward for clues to the Slayer's capabilities. That would at least clue them in that the Slayer and Prue are allies, and that finding one might well lead to finding the other. (Presumably they'll figure out that the Slayer is the teen they've already been looking for; Occam's Razor says they're aren't two of them out there.)

Anyway, one alternative to trying to capture the Slayer, if they can find her, is the ever-popular military brute force approach: OK, she can beat Goliath, but could she (and the two people with her) take on the whole Philistine army? (The Krennans might be enough to even the odds in a fair fight, I suppose, but there'd be no reason for her to fight fair in the first place.) Depending on how over-the-top you got militarily, you could easily lose the whole secretive MIB concept, though.

Another would be for them to offer to negotiate, via some sort of public announcement that only she would recognize -- a cryptic note on a bulletin board at the school, maybe, since the MIB has people inside. And it might be worth it for Sara to comply, since they don't know about her lie-detector abilities. After all, the longer this goes on, the harder it is for both sides to keep the existence of magic and demons a secret. Easier to come to an understanding, if they can agree on what stays off limits.

Of course, the MIB threat isn't the only focus here. Apart from everything else, she's a Slayer, after all, and a threat to human-blood vampires and other evil beings. I don't know whether the story's going to get more serious as it goes along -- the meeting with Hypatia this weekend might make that a bit more clear -- but if the heat gets turned up, fun at the mall and people like Susan at school may well become little more than comic relief.

Lots more to come, presumably, and I'm looking forward to it.

Eric

To Make A Wish (New Chapter) Chapter 07

Could Susan be a witch?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Susan is a Bitch, but not a Witch *giggle*

Hugs Stan
Susan is just your run of the mill school bitch, Every school has one or two of them year in and year out. She's just never going to learn to give Sara and her friends a wide birth, so she will keep getting a rough deal.

Thanks for commenting, and I hope you have great Xmas :)

Hugs and Love

SaraUK

nice bit there

you could do worse than be seen as tough as klingons with honor.
great job. thanks

I'm sassy DEAL WITH IT ok

I'm sassy DEAL WITH IT
neko_0.jpg
ok so now we have a cazy school yard bitch to add to the equation awsome

kitsune.jpg

Oh great... I hope these men

Oh great... I hope these men in black realize that they should better keep the fuck away. But I fear they'll come back - they always come back.
I totally can't wait for Josies debut...

thank you for writing this interesting story,
Beyogi