Wild Magic 4

Printer-friendly version

I was so confused. If I told Deb my secret, how would she handle it? Could I trust her? If the secret were revealed, even by accident, it would be disastrous. It would affect many people, including my family. How could we explain it? I just didn’t know what to do.

It all came down to two things. Did I have faith in the secret, or faith in Debbie? To tell the truth, I wasn’t comfortable with either one. My head was spinning with worry. If I did tell Deb, how would I do it? I could just see it now…

“Debbie? I need to tell you something. See, I’ve known you for longer than you think. Thanks to your careless playing with magic, I was hit by wild magic. I used to be your boyfriend, Gabe.”

Oh yeah, that’ll work.

Grandma and Mom could tell I was worried, and naturally they wanted to help. I told them I was thinking about telling Debbie.

“Mom, our witching community is really not that large, and I worry that someone will reveal the secret in some way. I could totally ruin my friendship with Debbie if she feels I don’t trust her.”

“I can’t tell you what to do, Emily.” Mom told me. “That’s on you. I’ll give you my advice, but this is really something you have to decide.”

“Jenny’s right, Emily. I know this is driving you crazy, but you need to trust your judgment. Personally, I think I’d tell Debbie. Secrets in a small community never last.”

“I disagree.” Mom said. “Who knows the secret? Only we three, and your father. Yes, I had to call him, sweetheart. I couldn’t spring that on him. He’s upset, but never at you, hon. He knows that there you did nothing wrong, except to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Anyway, since we are the only ones who know about this, I think we’re pretty secure, and there is too much danger if the secret is revealed, even if it happened by accident.”
Wonderful. No pressure at all. Now I’ve got a headache.

I didn’t sleep well that night, and I woke several times. I think I had some bad dreams, but I can’t remember what they were. I gave serious thought to using my new ability to set my alarm clock on fire, but instead I groggily got up and went in for a shower.

The shower woke me up, and I got dressed quickly. I don’t know if I’ll ever get used to all this frilly stuff. After I got my underwear (oops) my lingerie, on, I pulled on a pair of black jeans and a blue patterned blouse. A couple of ankle socks and my trainers, and I was ready for the day. I hoped.

Breakfast was a muffin and a glass of orange juice, then out the door to my truck. I pulled into the school parking lot, grabbed my backpack and headed for the door. Before I even got out of the parking lot, two of the football players got between me and the gate.

“Hey, Emily, you look really nice today.” Brad Mallory, a 6’3”, 275 lb linebacker, and one of the richest kids in school, was a well known player. Even if I had been interested in guys, I would have avoided him and his buddy, Jim Parker. Neither one was unattractive, to tell the truth. Jim was 6’2”, very muscular and his long blonde hair was his pride and joy. I already knew that they were both thinking of nothing but getting between my legs. They had a very high opinion of themselves, and they loved to brag about their conquests.

“Hi, ah, Brad, isn’t it?” I had to pretend that I was totally oblivious to them and their reputation.

“Hey, you remembered my name! I knew I saw you checking me out.” Brad smiled, obviously believing that he was irresistible. “I’d really like to get to know you better, and I hope you’d want to know me, as well.”

“I’m sorry, Brad, but I really don’t have the time for dating right now. I have a class after school, and a lot of homework to catch up to the class. I’m really sorry.” I started to walk around them, but they just moved to block my path again.

“Oh, come on, Emily, you could skip one night of extra schooling, couldn’t you? I think you’re very pretty, and I’m sure you’d enjoy a cup of coffee, at least? I know this great place…”

“Like I said, I really can’t. Now, would you please get out of my way before I’m late to class?”

“But, Emily, I-“

“She said move, Brad.”

“Hi, Tim. We were just-“

“We have class in 15 minutes. Get out of our way.”

“Okay, I’m sorry. I’ll talk to you later, Emily. Have a great day, okay?”

Tim Davies, the varsity quarterback, was not tall or overly muscular, but he had a definite “presence” that got my notice. I knew he was a nice guy, and several colleges were checking him out to join their football programs. What I didn’t know was how nice he smelled, or how he somehow made me shiver as he softly touched my back as he let me go through the gate first. We talked a little, and I thanked him for being a gentleman and coming to my assistance.

“Oh, that’s okay, it’s just part of my duties.”

“Duties?” I asked.

“Yes, ma’am. As a knight, I am required to assist any lovely lady where I can.” He bowed very grandly. “Sir Timothy, at your service, fair lady.”

I did my best not to laugh. He was so charming.

“Alas, Sir Timothy, I hath not the time to converse with thee, as I have obligations elsewhere. Another time, mayhap?”

“Truly, milady. I pray that the time fly speedily, but until then, I must bid the adieu, and farewell!” He dashed up the staircase, and I walked to my classroom. For some reason, I felt a very happy glow.

Tim and I didn’t have any of the same classes, and even our lunch times were different. I did get a chance to see him as we passed in the hallway, and I shyly waved at him as he smiled at me, and then vanished into the crowd.

After school, as I opened the door to my truck, I noticed a note on my windshield.

Milady-I must speak with you soon, as I am fair troubled. Your smile doth brighten my day, and I wouldst be most happy to escort you to one of our lovely theatrical presentations. When thou hast time, I would ask thee to send a message hence on ye text line. I pray that this message doth find favor with thee, and that thou dost look with favor upon mine invitation. Your servant-Sir Timothy

He had written his number at the bottom of the note, and I confess that I felt very pleasant when I read his message. I would have to consider this, but for now I needed to get to Mrs. Andrew’s.

As I drove to my magic class, I realized I had decided what to do about Debbie. Perhaps all I needed was a distraction to let me see the problem in a new way, and the answer was quite clear.

After our class, I asked Debbie if I could talk to her for a minute.

“Deb, I have to talk to you, and I”ll ask that you trust me as to the truth of what I’m going to tell you. I also have to ask you not to repeat this to anyone, please.
I’ve struggled with this since yesterday, and I hope I’ve made the right choice. More than anything, I want to trust you, but I’m very nervous.”

“I swear that I will never tell anyone what you tell me, Emily. You can trust me with anything.”

“Debbie, I’ve gone through a lot of changes recently. In fact, I, um, used to be Gabriel Randall until a couple of weeks ago.” I admitted, waiting for her reaction.

“I know,” she said with a smile.

up
234 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I Know

terrynaut's picture

Eeep! It's a good thing Emily told Debbie. It sounds like nothing lies between them now... except Tim. It looks like they're both interested in Tim. Oh oh. But I wonder what Tim is troubled about. Don't tell me he knows too! *sigh*

I'm really enjoying this in case you couldn't already tell.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

Regarding Tim

Actually, Tim's "problem" is that he wants a date with Emily. And you're right, I'm setting myself up for some relationship issues (and to be honest, I'm still establishing Debbie's character-but I'm sure Tim is going to be a long term issue in one way or another.

Thanks for commenting!

Wren

It could be the little things right?

A witch is going to think out of the box a bit more right, that there might be something off in Emily's story. I mean normal kids wouldn't ever assume it'd be possible but a witch? There's got to be stuff Em does that might just still say boy or just even who she used to be.
But it'll be really interesting to see how she knows.
*More Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Hey! Quit that!

No mind reading allowed!

:-)
Wren

: )

Extravagance's picture

This may be a bit sadistic, but I am reassured to see Emily having doubts about being able to embrace the "frilly stuff".
It really would break my MegaTomboy heart if Emily did become totally girl in the mind, because (to me) it would be a tragic forced femme and identity death case.
I can see Gabe hanging out of a top floor tower window by his finger tips. I hope he doesn't fall. = (

That said, I am enjoying the story (I'm still here and still commenting, after all). It was reassuring to see that Debbie already knew about the transformation, and accepts it. It will be interesting to see if she knows that SHE'S responsible for it, ...or indeed to know IF she's actually responsible for it at all.

- - -

Merry Christmas from BCTS's resident Extravagant Honorable Trans-Cat-MegaTomboy! ^_^
Christmas_Catgirl.jpg

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Love spells

I could be reading too much into this but this seems a little strange that Emily is so attracted to Tim. Could it be the love spell cast by Debbie is affecting all three of them now since Emily is a girl now? I think Wren said something about the reason she was willing to forgive Debbie was because of the love she once felt for her.

And there's the thing with Mom saying no one knew the secret when Debbie obviously does. Is there a link between them caused by the magic?

It could be all coincidence. Tim is a serious catch, and the Wild Magic did make him all girl. Debbie is a child of a witch and the cover story was a little thin.

You've got me guessing Wren!
hugs
Grover

Well...

I'm mostly assuming that Tim is just a nice guy, attracted to a pretty girl. As you said, he IS a catch. Still, could there be magic involved? Maybe.

I'm trying to write this like I think Angharad said she writes EAFOAB. She wrote that she just writes it daily, with no major plotline, although there are lots of short plotlines. As I see it, it's a very character driven story-you just go along with the way the characters would react. I'm just basically introducing the major characters at this point. I'm really not sure how much Emily is going to react to Tim, or how she'll handle the fact that she's getting interested in her now best friend's ex-boyfriend.

I'm trying to let my imagination run wild on this one. I have an idea where I'm going in general (hey, lots of people tell me where to go), but I'll mostly let my characters tell me how to get there.

Wren

how does she know

thats a very good question, shes almost a foot shorter and i'm guessing 100 pounds lighter.
does the rule of three aply anywhere here?
great story so far.
thanks

Wild Magic 4

Wonder if Debbie learned from her mother or from the WILD MAGIC?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine